A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Spells!

EDIT: I, too grant permission. (I would guess something available for just about every character would be useful and fitting.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blackhawk's Tearing
    Transmutation [Cursed]
    Level: Brd 0, Clr 0, Drd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 10 ft.
    Target: One object of up to 1 lb whose possessor (and the object itself, if intelligent) is willing.
    Duration: Until discharged
    Saving Throw: Will negates (appears harmless, object)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (appears harmless, object)

This spell appears to be the spell Mending to all scrutiny - which means that the spell becomes undetectable the moment its casting is complete, though someone might dispel it without noticing it even exists. In reality, it reverses any beneficial effect it had, and also causes 1d6 points of damage to the object in question, when that object is used or attacked.

Storm Rage
    Evocation [Mind-Affecting, Cursed]
    Level: Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 3
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Targets: One willing living creature per three levels, no two of which may be more than 30 ft. apart
    Duration: Concentration + 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Storm Rage works much like Rage, and indeed appears to be the same spell for all intents and purposes. However, it deals 1d6/level electricity damage to each raging creature when the rage ends, and the subjects are fatigued as a barbarian at the end of the rage.

Verdant Dream
    Illusion (Phantasm) [Cursed, Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Brd 5, Sor/Wiz 5
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Range: Unlimited
    Target: One living creature touched
    Duration: 6 hours
    Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell tricks a creature into acting as a messenger for a Dream spell which is not actually being cast, but appears to be regardless of what means are used to investigate. The creature is instead trapped in a green forest, which appears to be part of the dream in question, and delivers their message, unaware that time is being slowed so much that they are actually taking six hours in reality to deliver the message, and that no-one will ever receive it. In this time, the would-be-messenger can be picked up, carried around, and even attacked without ever noticing it.

Urashima's Balanced Strength
    Transmutation [Cursed]
    Level: Clr 2, Drd 2, Sor/Wiz 2
    Components: V, S, M/DF
    Range: Touch
    Target: Creature touched
    Duration: 1 min./level
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell appears to be the spell Bull's Strength, until the target takes an action requiring their strength score, at which point the effect is reversed for the rest of the duration.

Arcane Material Component
    A few hairs, or a pinch of dung, from a bull. The material component is not strictly necessary, but those in the know might notice its omission.

Will work down the rest of the list eventually.
    Oh wow. These are all pretty clever! I like how they all have multiple parts to them, even if the downsides of their effects would make it reasonable for some of them to be of a lower level.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkajii View Post
    I don't know how long one has to be a frequent lurker/poster to qualify as a 'regular' but I'd be interested to see a spell of me, and hereby give my permission!
    Ezkaji's Masterful Mind Mockeries
    Conjuration (summoning)
    Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
    Components: V, S, F
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Effect: Two or more summoned creatures
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Spell Resistance: No

This spell summons 1d3 creatures from the summon monster IV list or 1d4+1 creatures from the summon monster III or lower lists, except that they appear as mutated mockeries of their normal forms. The creatures are one size category smaller (to a minimum of Small) than normal and have -2 Strength and +2 Constitution. If a creature is killed, the killer is the target of a charm monster spell and must save or become charmed.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2015-04-18 at 05:48 AM.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #272
    Banned

You get a curse! You get a curse! You all get a curse!

Morph's Bark
    Transmutation [Cursed]
    Level: Drd 2, Rgr 2
    Components: V, S, DF
    Range: Touch
    Target: Willing living creature touched
    Duration: 10 min./level
    Spell Resistance: Yes (appears harmless)

This spell appears for all purposes to be the spell Barkskin, but the moment the target gets into combat, they are locked in place by the shifting wood, and the positive effects of the spell are suppressed. They can move within their square and use spells such as teleport, and they can be physically picked up and moved out of their square, including by moving them with a grapple or bull rushing them, but they are incapable of moving normally, even taking 5 foot steps. Once they are no longer under threat by combat, the spell allows them to move again, and they even get the natural armour bonus, until they re-enter a threatening situation.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

I give permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

*casts Raise Thread*

*casts Paste Permission*

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Permission granted because why not. Let's see if I actually have a "character" on this forum or if I'm as much of a Boringly Normal Guy What Happens to Post a Lot as I think I am.

...Okay, I have rather gotten into the spirit of a certain thread in the Media subforum (), but let's see if someone can't put together a version disregarding that anomaly (in addition to the version taking it into account, of course, not instead of).
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-05-07 at 03:11 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Sith Happens
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Evil, Mind-Affecting]/Evocation [Evil, Electricity]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 2.
    Components: V, S, M
    Range: Medium (100-ft +10-ft/caster level) and 15-ft or 30-ft (see below).
    Target: 1 creature.
    Area: 15-ft cone or 30-ft line emanating from targeted creature.
    Duration: 1 or more rounds and Instantaneous.
    Saving Throw: Will partial and Reflex halves (see below).
    Spell Resistance: Yes.

When you cast this spell you forcibly channel the tainted power of the Dark Side through another creature. The target may make a Will save to resist this channeling. If they succeed they are sickened for 1d4 rounds if Good aligned or 1 round if neither Good nor Evil, and nothing else happens. If they fail their save they are sickened for twice the duration and your choice of a 30-ft line or a 15-ft cone of profane lightning emanates from them in the direction of your choosing. They are treated as the point of origin for this effect and may not themselves be within the area of its effect. Any creature within the area takes 1d10 damage per 2 caster levels you posses (max 7d10 at 14th level), half of this damage is electricity and the other half is the caster's pure hatred for all other things and unaffected by energy resistance or immunity. A creature within this area is allowed a Reflex save to half the damage.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Sith Happens
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Evil, Mind-Affecting]/Evocation [Evil, Electricity]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 2.
    Components: V, S, M
    Range: Medium (100-ft +10-ft/caster level) and 15-ft or 30-ft (see below).
    Target: 1 creature.
    Area: 15-ft cone or 30-ft line emanating from targeted creature.
    Duration: 1 or more rounds and Instantaneous.
    Saving Throw: Will partial and Reflex halves (see below).
    Spell Resistance: Yes.

When you cast this spell you forcibly channel the tainted power of the Dark Side through another creature. The target may make a Will save to resist this channeling. If they succeed they are sickened for 1d4 rounds if Good aligned or 1 round if neither Good nor Evil, and nothing else happens. If they fail their save they are sickened for twice the duration and your choice of a 30-ft line or a 15-ft cone of profane lightning emanates from them in the direction of your choosing. They are treated as the point of origin for this effect and may not themselves be within the area of its effect. Any creature within the area takes 1d10 damage per 2 caster levels you posses (max 7d10 at 14th level), half of this damage is electricity and the other half is the caster's pure hatred for all other things and unaffected by energy resistance or immunity. A creature within this area is allowed a Reflex save to half the damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-05-07 at 02:24 AM.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if that's thanks or a threat... and now my throat itches.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I don't know if that's thanks or a threat
    Yes.

Matter of fact it reminds me of the Lightning Bomb combo from Force Unleashed, which was one of my favorites to use until I realized that Lightning Grenade was strictly better and ten times as fun.

Which means all that's left now is to write* a higher-level version of this spell that functions as the Lightning Grenade combo. In D&D terms, that means it functions as the version you already wrote, except the lightning area is a spread and you get to throw the target as if with the "violent thrust" option of Telekinesis first.

* I can do it myself if you don't want to.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll outline a spell that basically sums up my ideas. Check the one thread I started and you'll understand how it fits. After all, 30 hardness at ECL 1 or 2 is kinda nonsense. Offset by equally insane LA, in the form of a multiplier.

Morphic Tide's Mass Munchinery

"The Chaos Sorcerer known only as Morphic Tide was obsessed with transformations, versatility and creating things with an extremely singular focus. His last, greatest work was a spell that would allow all targeted by it to channel the latter, becoming almost unsurpassed in what they choose, but effectively worthless for anything else."
    (Chaos Sorcerer being a literal mix of Chaos Mage and Sorcerer. May make it a class, focused on the versatility part.)

Wizard 8(it makes no sense.), Bard/Sorcerer 7(both have casting beyond their logic.), Druid 6(they have Wildshape, which can be weirder and can do similar things for them.)
    Transmutaion school.
    Save: Fortitude and Will.
    Spell Resist: yes, if unwilling.
    A number of targets up to the caster's caster level chose one attribute, taking every other attribute point above 10, including bonuses, and adding them to the chosen attribute. The effect lasts one minute per caster level, and may be dismissed by the affected as a free action. The caster may also force a choice on the target, but they are then subject to spell resistance and make a Fort save and a Will save, with DC 10+Caster Level, with the effect resisted if either save is made.(the Will and Fort saves are so that the VAST majority of things get a decent chance to resist.)

10. - Top - End - #280
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

The Winged Mod: Thread Necromancy.