Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Warframe In the Playground

So, I recently saw some people in the 3.5 section referencing Warframe. Figured we could collaborate a little.

I am Keledrath, Clan Technocyte. I primarily play Boobin, Valkyr, and am starting to level Mirage and Limbo. Oh, and Rhino Prime when I'm messing around. I also have a Frost Prime for defense missions

Players by Platform

PC Master Race
    Keledrath: Keledrath
    iFenrys: Fenrys
    Krade: Krade2k20
    Thrice Dead Cat: ThriceDeadCat
    Hiro Protagonest: HiroProtagonest
    Mobius Twist: MobiusTwist
    Mangosta71: Thasaidon
    Eldariel - Gilalar
    codenpeg: codepage9
    Sholos: Veebeebee

PS4
    Snowbluff: Snowbluff

Note: Wow, we like new names, don't we?
    Last edited by Keledrath; 2015-06-10 at 08:55 PM.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

ThriceDeadCat here and in Warframe. I've got every single frame (or its prime counterpart, including the limited Excalibro Prime). I haven't been as active lately due to finishing up college, but I still try to get on at least once per week.

Earlier in the year, I was grinding those sweet, sweet syndicates. Primarily on Steel Meridian and Red Veil, but I have recently gotten around to leveling up Suda and the Arbiters.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, my friend is in the same boat as you with frames.

I'm trying to level syndicates, but I'm credit blocked hard. Luckily, said friend is going to trade me a Synoid in exchange for an iou on four suda syndicate mods.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

This is an amazing resource to check for when alliances are dropping mad stacks on conflicts. A couple weeks ago, one clan was paying out 1 million credits per mission. Obviously, you weren't promised that much due to their limited reserves in the vault at the time, but if you were one of the lucky ones, it was solid. The other option is to do quick excavation or defense dark sectors. That does require the node to be untaxed, however.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Hi guys. I play on PS4, but it'd be nice to play with you guys. I'm planning on collecting all of the frames, but the frakking Limbo require Archwing stuff.

Nova Prime is my Primary, but I dabble with Mirage and Loki Prime.

I'm currently leveling Cephalon Suda, since I want the warframe mods for Loki and Nova, and a Synoid Gammacor.

Thanks for the compliment about the portals, by the way.

Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-02-12 at 10:58 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Aww, shame you're on console. I'm on PC myself. So much for trading away fabulous mods for delicious Suda powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't played in a while. I'll reinstall it.

Ooh, new tutorial. On Earth! Interesting. I assume there's not actually a progress reset though, unless they gave me my platinum back?

Edit: Okay I'm Rhino again.

HiroProtagonest in-game. I'm in a small guild, but I'll have to see who's still around.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-02-12 at 11:04 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    Aww, shame you're on console. I'm on PC myself. So much for trading away fabulous mods for delicious Suda powers.
    Yeah. I wish they would allow cross play, but that would mean them getting their act together and the services qualifying the patches faster.

Speaking of faster, PS4 got the Kohm/kOhm. My finished this morning and I got to play with it. Dear Velka, this is a crazy good gun.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-02-13 at 12:23 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

I used to play then I ran into the community which made me swear off it - I played back in the beta where the mechanics were often hidden or simply unexplained (laser doors or wall running for example) which hard stopped your progress on some missions. The response to my complaint of the game not teaching you the mechanics was 'learn the mechanics noob'.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Well, they've at least covered the basics now. Wall running is still annoying sometimes when you can't quite get the angle right,

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I used to play then I ran into the community which made me swear off it - I played back in the beta where the mechanics were often hidden or simply unexplained (laser doors or wall running for example) which hard stopped your progress on some missions. The response to my complaint of the game not teaching you the mechanics was 'learn the mechanics noob'.
    I'm a little surprised to hear this. While there recently have been an influx of likely newer players being less than stellar, back when things were "learn as you go," people I ran into were largely helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Well, they've at least covered the basics now. Wall running is still annoying sometimes when you can't quite get the angle right,
    Yeah, the wall running is still not perfect. It happens less for me, but there are still times when I run up a wall vertically rather than horizontal or vice versa. Luckily, the Tipedo is super fast, so I usually only ever need to wall run upwards.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm slightly newer to Warframe, but I play on the Xbox One. I believe my clan is the Solar Knights, but I'd have to actually check after work. Paladin's my game, so Oberon's my frame. Haha.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, my Oberon build is dubbed The Holy Knight. Oberon, Paris Prime, Vasto (going to be a Telos) and either Magistar or Galatine, depending on where I'm headed (Magistar is more symbolic, Galatine is better)

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, my Oberon build is dubbed The Holy Knight. Oberon, Paris Prime, Vasto (going to be a Telos) and either Magistar or Galatine, depending on where I'm headed (Magistar is more symbolic, Galatine is better)
    I am terrible at the game right now. I have a friend of mine who is playing with me and some days are just bad days in warframe haha.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so to be more specific, the last time I played was around the introduction of Solar Rails and Dark Sectors, with Zephyr as the latest frame I think?

There's a new interface. I like that you're now in your own ship, but this is going to be confusing to relearn. The worst offender has to be the new planetary maps. Why didn't they just keep the old network node system so I could clearly see which missions unlocked which nodes and planets?

I like the new weapon options in the tutorial. Maybe I should've taken the Paris, given that it was the only one I didn't already have. >_> I felt that the MK1 Braton, the weakest rifle in the game, was actually better though because bows are situational. I hope they buffed the Lato if they're giving you the choice of Kunai.

Also, the ship's AI said there was nothing in my Arsenal, it had been ransacked. My Cera, Dex Furis, blutatoed Dual Zorens, and Glaive, amongst many other things, beg to differ. I really need to get a better primary, I feel like Cera's lasers travel too slow but nothing else I have is good at my level. =/

I did the first required quest mission after the tutorial. This is going to be some mixture of cathartic and tedious, I can one-shot everything and they won't even get through my first Iron Skin.

Main frame is potatoed Rhino. Also have Oberon and... Ember, I think? I might still have my Excalibur too, I forget. So basically, Rhino and sometimes Oberon. I should take Ember on Infested missions to rank her up more.

My clan has a good amount of the clantech, but doesn't seem to be very active... last time I played there were four or five guys who were good players, I went on missions with them. I'll have to check at different times.

I'll poke through things further after school.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-02-13 at 12:41 PM.
    My Steam profile

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    There's a new interface. I like that you're now in your own ship, but this is going to be confusing to relearn. The worst offender has to be the new planetary maps. Why didn't they just keep the old network node system so I could clearly see which missions unlocked which nodes and planets?/
    Indication of planets would be nice, but for nodes, each mission unlocks all adjacent nodes

I like the new weapon options in the tutorial. Maybe I should've taken the Paris, given that it was the only one I didn't already have. >_> I felt that the MK1 Braton, the weakest rifle in the game, was actually better though because bows are situational. I hope they buffed the Lato if they're giving you the choice of Kunai.
    You made the smarter call. The Mk I Paris is just too situational for a starting weapon. It is worth noting that all starter weapons can be bought for like 15k credits in the store, fully crafted, for levelling purposes.

Also, the ship's AI said there was nothing in my Arsenal, it had been ransacked. My Cera, Dex Furis, blutatoed Dual Zorens, and Glaive, amongst many other things, beg to differ. I really need to get a better primary, I feel like Cera's lasers travel too slow but nothing else I have is good at my level. =/
    That's more a matter of it being meant for new players who won't have anything but what they got in the first mission.

I did the first required quest mission after the tutorial. This is going to be some mixture of cathartic and tedious, I can one-shot everything and they won't even get through my first Iron Skin.
    Again, it's a lot harder with an unleveled Excal, Volt, or Mag using Mk I weapons. Rhino is pretty much Easy Mode for anything lower than level 20

Main frame is potatoed Rhino. Also have Oberon and... Ember, I think? I might still have my Excalibur too, I forget. So basically, Rhino and sometimes Oberon. I should take Ember on Infested missions to rank her up more.
    You may want to look into getting Rhino and Ember Primes in void missions.

All in all, you seem fairly set for doing mid game stuff.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Platform: PC
    In-Game Name: MobiusTwist
    Preferred warframes: Trinity, Loki, Rhino
    Currently Leveling: Ember, Oberon, Valkyr

I'm a big fan of the Hek shotgun and find it works well with both my playstyle and the frames I most play. Both Rhino and Trinity are custom-built for my tendency to end up in the thick of things. Marking something with Energy Vampire and immediately killing it provides a reliable way to keep the team's energy at maximum. Plus, a dead thing is a thing that doesn't do any more damage to me.

I'm currently desperately hitching rides to every Orokin Derelict Vault run, Orokin Derelict Defense (I still haven't found the toxic damage mod for shotguns), and T3 Mobile Defense missions for the Boar Prime barrel to unlock the next Steel Meridian tier.

That said, I'm perfectly happy to tag along on anything people want to do; no such thing as bad credits or bad affinity.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

So what exactly do Syndicates do? Provide mods?

For flavor reasons, I think I'll go for Steel Meridian, Perrin Sequence, and New Loka. Of course, it says Steel Meridian and The Perrin Sequence are enemies... which I guess makes sense, but what does that mean?
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-02-13 at 08:54 PM.
    My Steam profile

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

You level them up and trade standing for mods and weapons.

Enemies means that you get -1 to Perrin every time you work for Steel Meridian. Basically, SM is a Grineer faction and PS is a Corpus faction. They HATE each other. You need to level Perrin, and then you level Red Veil, who are allies with Steel Meridian (half credit for all standing).

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it's a total pain. It's way too stiff. It's how I felt going from Dark Souls 2 Greatswords to Monster Hunter 4u Swaxe.

I love bows! I agree they suck starting off, but the critical mods are easy to level. This means they scale well at low levels if you can handle one. Paris Prime is one of my staples.
    Cephalon Ordis is a nutjob. Ignore anything he says.

Ember is hella bad. I know because my bro runs one, and all he does it make it REALLY hard for me to see anything. Excal is often request for certain missions, so I think it has some good builds.

So what exactly do Syndicates do? Provide mods?

For flavor reasons, I think I'll go for Steel Meridian, Perrin Sequence, and New Loka. Of course, it says Steel Meridian and The Perrin Sequence are enemies... which I guess makes sense, but what does that mean?
    Mods and Weapons. It takes a while to farm, so doing contrary syndicates might be too much work. I suggest maxing out one, then farming rep for extra syndicate weapons to trade for other syndicates' loots.

New Loka is bad and full of nazi nutjobs. Steel Meridian has an upgrade to the god-tier Marelok (Grineer for "Mare's Leg"), which is already good weapon. That means don't go Perrin, either. Cephalon Suda gives one of the best weapons in the game, the Synoid Gammacor.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-02-13 at 09:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so is gain greater than loss or do I have to choose? Also, how do I get the initial sigils? I donated to the factions I mentioned (and the Arbiters), but I can't get the 2500 loyalty sigils.
    My Steam profile

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so is gain greater than loss or do I have to choose? Also, how do I get the initial sigils? I donated to the factions I mentioned (and the Arbiters), but I can't get the 2500 loyalty sigils.
    The loss is equal to your gain, I think. If you fall far enough, you'd have to relevel the syndicate if you want to get anything from them. Like I said, it's way faster to just farm extra loot and trade it.

As for sigils, didn't they offer you a free one?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Basically, you have syndicate, ally, opposed, and enemy
    Syndicate: +X
    Ally: +0.5 X
    Opposed: -0.5 X
    Enemy: -X

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

So, neat thing, if any of you missed out on the fire/status or cold/status event mods, apparently they've been added to the loot table on pluto spy missions on PC.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, my friends just found out about that

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, just had to find the right place in my Arsenal to equip the sigil.
    My Steam profile

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Dataminers have found some pretty sweet stuff in the next patch. If there are any PC Tenno around, I am more than willing to do a ton of vault runs to get the credits necessary for those sweet, sweet loots.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

My friend flipped out completely when he saw grineer claws.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

...What's "Void Trader Brakk"? Is it going to be an even more powerful version of the Brakk?

Speaking of the Brakk, which I probably won't get until way later, I'm building the Marelok. Finished my Tiberon today, so going for Tiberon, Marelok, and Dual Zorens/Ichors (Ichors is what I'm going to build once my next Forma finishes) as my main loadout. Hopefully. I'll have to see how it works out (and I've been making catalysts in addition to the one I had so I can properly compare potatoed Marelok/Ichors vs potatoed Dex Furis/Zorens).

I ranked up my Hek the rest of the way, modded it out (got even better when someone gave me Scattered Justice), and that's been good since most engagements aren't long-range and Dera has a slow projectile speed anyway. Tiberon's been doing pretty well though, better than the Kar-AK which is still nice (my Karak's at rank 16 and my Tiberon's at rank... 20?).
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-02-17 at 10:51 PM.
    My Steam profile

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

An upgraded Brakk is going to be absolute BS. I've run the build ims on the Brakk. It comes out to about a 73k burst with 30k sustained. for perspective, the Boltor and Boar Primes both pull about 30k

Shadeblight by KennyPyro