New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Curse of the Crimson Throne: Seven Days to the Grave [IC]

With no ability to safely hit his enemies, Alpha waits to get a more advantageous shot when Omega makes a safe zone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alpha is readying an action to manifest Energy Stun after Omega lets him know he is out of the blast radius.

In case you want me to roll damage a second time, (2d6+8)[15] DC 20 reflex and fort

Omega spin-kicks the nearest Wererat, the careful strike releasing a burst of malevolent energy before he beats a hasty retreat, allowing only a small portion of his essence to remain to bind the other to him in preparation for his return strike. Once out of range, he announces over the collective, rather hastily, "I'm away, burn them!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Cursed Fate manuever.

Attack roll (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage (1d3+8)[9] + (1d4+3)[6] + (2d6)[6], if successful, Will save DC 19 or take a -4 to all d20 rolls for the next round. Also, don't forget the Aura of Misfortune Stance giving a -2 penalty.

Move action to back out of range, yes, while provoking.
    Then Swift action to claim the Wererat I didn't attack, regaining my Breaking Glass Strike manuever

Alpha's power will trigger after that
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

R2T21-20.3: With no ability to safely hit his enemies, Alpha waits to get a more advantageous shot when Omega makes a safe zone. Omega tries to spin-kick before he beats a hasty retreat, but is stabbed in the offending foot for a painful 10 while the other strike is deflected by his magic armor. Once out of range (behind Gamma), he announces over the collective, rather hastily, "I'm away, burn them!!"

Alpha simply directs his burst where Omega was standing and there is a small eruption of fire. Though Alpha can't see the effects of his opponents, Beta can; the wounded wererat takes 15 fire and is supporting himself against the wall to keep from falling over. The other wererat manages to duck into the muck quickly enough to be unsinged.
    Spoiler: Alpha
    Show
    Why DC 20 versus a DC of 17? I forget, where do I find "active energy type," if that's the thing. I'll have to write that into the description when I find it. Regardless, even with a higher DC and Omega's aura, those that made a saving throw still made the saving throw.

R2T19: Yet another swarm of rats comes in from the north, into the muck, and ends its movement 10' before Gamma.

R2T18: The badly injured wererat charges Beta with its bite but it scrapes off his armor.

R2T17.9: Delta, you are well outside. What do you do? Because of Gamma, Omega, and Alpha, you wouldn't even be able to get behind the last without being in the main river of sewer water.

Gamma on deck, minorly injured wererat to south on deck ...
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Delta moves in close enough to encompass as many of his party as possible in his healing burst, and then lets it loose, allowing Gamma to redirect the healing where it is needed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to try and get as many allies in range as possible
    Standard action to use Ubro's Healing Surge (2d6)[7]

Gamma will use a free action to redirect half of the healing to Omega, and the other half to Beta

Gamma will move in on the nearest wererat and bring his sword down upon it with all his strength.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move in on the nearest foe.
    Standard attack

Attack roll (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage (1d8+5)[10]

4. - Top - End - #244

R2T17.9: Delta sloshes to the middle of the actual sewer stream, but close enough to encompass as many of his party as possible in his healing burst, and then lets it loose in a brilliant light, providing 7 healing for Muhrbala and Omega while Gamma redirects 3 healing to Beta and Omega.
    Spoiler: Channeling the Positive Pony Express
    Show
    Beta was out of range of the burst, but in range of Gamma for the redirect.

R2T17: Stepping into the mass of rats, the swarm bite and nips at him but they haven't yet gotten into his armor. He rounds the corner low to not be hit by the wererat to the south, but as he lifts his sword high for a chop, Gamma again slips into the muck and a swarm of rats. Gamma, prone and covered in rats, is in a bad place to be.

R2T14: Gamma is an easy target and the wererat hits him with all of its might in Gamma's right shoulder for 8 (max). Not being made of metal, his bite just can't get through dwarven steel.

R2T10: Paxre, what do you do?

Muhrbala on deck, sniper wererat in the hole ..
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2015-08-20 at 03:17 AM.
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Paxre is still pouring dark healing into Omega, muttering to himself as if he is not himself. He then takes out his flask of alchemist's fire.
    Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    CLW (1d8+4)[12]

EDIT: YES! I call and Azathoth ... not quite answers ... but the Idiot God gives me what I want, anyway. Go, Team Dark Chaos!
    Last edited by PSinger; 2015-08-21 at 02:38 PM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

6. - Top - End - #246

R2T10: Paxre moves around the corner into the "tunnel" and steps in front of Alpha and channels dark healing into himself and focuses on this strange telepathic link while focusing on Omega, and it works! Omega dark energy flows in a creepy cloud straight from Paxre to Omega for 12. This is the first time ever he's managed distance healing and he's lost allies before because of positioning.
    Spoiler: This changes things ...
    Show

R2T9.9: Muhrbala zooms up past the badly injured wererat's snapping teeth and stabs him in the upper back for 7 mod, which is enough to drop the lycanthrope.

R2T4: The sniper fires at Beta and misses.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R2T26:
    Beta, you are being swarmed, and if you move offline at all you will be out of LOS from allies in the tunnel. There is only one wererat (barely wounded) near the tunnel, two rat swarms (you're in one and the other is all over the prone Gamma), and there is still a sniper around the northern corner (though he hasn't had a great track record). Stomping on the rat swarms, other than killing one or two rats, had no appreciable difference. Oh, and that gods-awful noise is still ringing. What do you do?

Noisemaker on deck, Beta's rat swarm in the hole .
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2015-08-21 at 03:42 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ignoring the rat swarm, Beta will back up towards Gamma, stopping just in front of him so as to not lure the enemies into attacking his prone companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    However many actions it takes to move where i mentioned.

8. - Top - End - #248

R3T26: Beta backs up, passing a failed AOO from the wererat, to stand just in front of his prone friend. He and Gamma are now both in a rat swarm.

R3T25.9: The high-pitched noise ends.

R3T20.5: Omega, what do you do?

Alpha on deck, rat swarm on Beta/ Gamma in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Omega charges back in on his nearest target, shooting out his fist in a sudden movement, the sound of breaking glass being heard as he swings, he coalesces a bit of the dark energy to wrap around another one of the rats as he does.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to the nearest Wererat, ignoring the rat swarms.
    Standard action to use Breaking Glass Strike (Remember, I used Dark Claim to recover it by claiming the wererat I didn't attack as a swift action.

Attack roll (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage (1d3+8)[11] + (1d4+3)[6]
    Swift action to claim another wererat to regain Cursed Fate

Saving throw DC 18 will save to avoid being Dazed for one round, dazzled for five whether he saves or not

Alpha moves and lines himself up with the swarms around Beta and Gamma, and refocuses his energy, launching a line of fire into the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to line myself up as far out as I can while still being able to use the breath weapon from Gorget of the Wyrm.
    Swift action to reallocate 2 essence from Circlet of Brass to Gorget of the Wyrm
    Standard action to use the Breath Weapon (3d6+2)[14] DC 18 reflex save for half (+2 damage and +1 DC from Circlet of Brass)

I assume you want to roll the saving throws yourself, so i'll avoid rolling them myself

10. - Top - End - #250

R3T20.5: Omega charges back in on his nearest target, but his desire to rush the action is his bane as he slips and slides forward in the muck. With this terrible reversal of fortune, his aura is dropped until he can situate himself again.
    Spoiler: Terrible Acrobatics check
    Show
    Sometimes, it would seem, the aura of misfortune turns back upon you. There's a price to be paid for demanding ill for others.

R3T20.3: Alpha moves up to the rats, his powers changing as he does, but as he goes to breathe - in bringing his head back - the elan falls into the muck ... and a whole lot of rats. As he lands on his back, just keeping his head out of sewer water, there is a little puff of flame and smoke and he coughs.

R3T20: A new wererat - a reinforcement it would seem - hops over the rivulet and stabs down at Omega to hit him in his right upper arm with a penetrating wound for 22.

R3T19: The rat swarm swarming Gamma and Beta, and each manages to slash at the swarm for 3 mod. With his armor keeping out some, Gamma only takes 3, but even with his psionic armor Beta still takes 6.

R3T17.9: Delta, what do you do? You can't use your healing surge until round 7. Gamma, Alpha, and Omega are all prone. The rat swarms end just in front of you ... which might not bode well for you. You already have noticed that the slick-bottomed (and moderately deep) rivulet going into the room is playing havoc for your team.

Gamma, you are swarmed by rats. Gamma is so clumsy, naturally but even worse in armor, that it seems that even attacking or spellcasting or the like is enough movement to cause slipping. Through the collective, Gamma can tell that Omega is getting into a bad way. Gamma is on deck (literally) ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2015-09-07 at 01:29 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Delta takes a deep breath. This fight is definitely not going well for him and more importantly his team. This muck was making fools out of them, and they knew it. In a sudden flash of insight, Delta pulls out a spell focus and conjures a pit not too far from his party members, hoping to draw in some of the muck and even the odds for his team.

Spoiler
    Show
    Keeping in place, Delta will cast the Create Pit spell about 10 foot away from Beta and Gamma.

Gamma struggles up to his feet, keeping to the ground is not his thing. After he struggles, he readies his shield and prepares to defend himself against follow up attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gamma will use his move action to stand up. Since Total Defense is too expensive of an action to do in the same round, he's just gonna end his turn with his shield ready and all that good stuff.

12. - Top - End - #252

R3T17.9: Delta takes a deep breath. This fight is definitely not going well for him and more importantly his team. This muck was making fools out of them, and they knew it. In a sudden flash of insight, Delta pulls out a spell focus and conjures a pit not too far from his party members, hoping to draw in some of the muck and even the odds for his team.

Omega, you feel yourself falling briefly, and then you slam down for 10. You are barely conscious. You look up, and it seems you fell into a 20' deep pit that is 10' x 10'.

Others, the wererat Omega was fighting that jumped to the far side just manages to hop back 5' (and out of view). Much to Delta's chagrin (and everyone else's), the flow of mucky water does not alter at all. It doesn't seem to divert around the pit, it just seems to stop at the pit and then it is as if it continued on the other side.

R3T17: Gamma struggles up to his feet; keeping to the ground is not his thing when his typical dwarven stability is marred by human poopie. After he struggles, he readies his shield and prepares to defend himself against follow-up attacks. All the while, rats continue to nip at him.

R3T15: "What'chu see, Layl?" calls a wererat's voice.

"Magic pit opened," answers another. "I see no other humans, though they attacks our home!"

"I got this!" calls another. A wererat bounds into view and slides down the sloping wall of the pit. Omega sees a wererat coming down slightly sloping walls of the pit. The rat slams on the ground, but appears to be unharmed. Prone like Omega, he stabs at the man but Omega desperately bats the short sword away.

R3T14: "Dja' get him?" calls a wererat. From the pit answers, "Nah. Still on me fit and he flops like a fish."

Another wererat comes into view that goes into the pit, but offset of where the other one has come down. Omega, this one lands and stumbles and then falls ... but flanking you. He grasp Omega's right wrist and turns it pronated and stabs through the artery, his beady, reddish eyes glaring into Omega's and with fetid breath hisses, "We hate humans."

The red, red blood flows well out of Omega on the total 9 suffered, and Omega's vision fades to black.
    Spoiler: Omega
    Show
    I thought about making the attack roll and keeping it on the tracker (you're both prone, by the way; all three, actually) and then asking you if you wanted to use the spilled salt counter. After making the attack roll, however, it wouldn't have mattered. That, and for whatever reason they really have had crystal focus on ending Omega more than any other.

R3T10: Paxre, what do you do? By the voices echoing down to you, it seems that there have been reinforcements.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

"Omega?" pushes his mind to think. "Omega, can you hear me? Omega!!"

Paxre gives the tiniest whimper, then bucks up and calls out. (He hasn't gotten the knack of this yet.) "Gamma, how does this hopscotch healing work when we are connected? I can't .... hear? ... Omega when I call to him. Can we just heal each other and you send healing his way?"
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gamma, holding steady, responds rapidly through the collective, every second counts. "Yes, I can redirect any healing anyone takes to the person that needs it most instantly."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

"Here goes, coming at you from me!"

Paxre draws power from the Old Ones and uses a feedback loop to then be drawn to Gamma and points beyond.
    Spoiler: Omega gets the shivers
    Show
    Cast CMW on self for (2d8+4)[13]
    Current Games

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Before the healing takes effect on Paxre, Gamma draws it away and sends it to Omega for the full amount, hoping to save his possibly fallen comrade.

17. - Top - End - #257

Omega's consciousness swims and his mind refuses to fold. He disaffects the akashic power on his gentle touch and draws it inwards to give him just enough to have a second or two of fight remaining. A second or two that might mean his life or not.

R3T10:
    "Omega?" pushes his mind to think. "Omega, can you hear me? Omega!!"

Paxre gives the tiniest whimper, then bucks up and calls out. (He hasn't gotten the knack of this yet.) "Gamma, how does this hopscotch healing work when we are connected? I can't .... hear? ... Omega when I call to him. Can we just heal each other and you send healing his way?"

Gamma, holding steady, responds rapidly through the collective, every second counts. "Yes, I can redirect any healing anyone takes to the person that needs it most instantly."

"Here goes, coming at you from me!" Paxre draws power from the Old Ones and uses a feedback loop to then be drawn to Gamma and points beyond.

Paxre needs no healing, but Gamma can sense the dark energies coming at him but it is too late. The numbing chill is transferred as quickly as lightning between two points along a conductor. It's a terrible form of repair, but it still comes down like an unseen tendril that touches along the minds of all in the collective. Most severe is the burrowing of dark power directly and non-physically into Omega's mind before it spreads through his body. The wounds heal 13, but there is something of a chill and a psychic scar. The wererats, not sure what just happened beyond their prey somehow surviving then healing, are enraged.

R3T9.9: Murray flies away from his last victim and then dive bombs one of the wererats in the pit. He swoops to snap his stinger at the rat and then lifts 10' upwards out of range before the rat could even react.

R3T9.7: Another wererat (how many are there?!) jumps across the muck and stabs the splashed and swarmed Alpha in the foot for 6.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T26: Beta, you "heard" the telepathy regarding Omega in the pit. Everyone here except for Delta is swarmed by rats ... probably because standing in the deeper muck of sewage would be too strong a current for the rats. You are currently holding a fallen wererat's short sword. Gamma is in front of you, and Alpha foolishly 10' ahead of him having splashed. Just in front of Alpha is the magic pit. On one side of Alpha is a wererat - you can't see him currently, but you saw when he jumped and then the attack. Alpha is the party's "glass jaw" and Omega is badly wounded. What do you do?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

Beta roars out loud, "Gamma, protect Alpha, i'm going for Omega!!". As soon as he finishes, he dives down the hole, rolling to soften his landing, and turns to launch an assault at the nearest Wererat.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Beta makes his Acrobatics check that you're gonna roll for this, he'll initiate Flurry Strike on the nearest target.

Attack one (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage (1d6+5)[6]

Attack two (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage (1d6+4)[9]

19. - Top - End - #259

R4T26: Beta roars out loud, "Gamma, protect Alpha, i'm going for Omega!!"

Beta has no problem practically skating across the muck (and not over Alpha as he does so) and dives down the hole, rolling to soften his landing. He turns to launch an assault at the nearest Wererat. His first strike smacks across its armor but not enough to really get the man-rat. The second attack is a side-hammer to its left shoulder with what should have been a nice blow, and yet it seems to have no effect.

R4T25.9: A shrill, high-pitched sound that is pretty loud screams away from the far corner of the room, on the other side of were the whererats are. The only person that is close enough to really hear it full strength loudly is Alpha, but the vizier's focus easily keeps his ears from feeling overwhelmed. There is the rat swarm on Alpha, but they don't seem affected by it.

R4T25.8: Alpha is subjected to hundreds of rats gnawing and biting him and he takes 5.

R4T20: A wererat easily hops over the muck to the south side of Alpha and seems unaffected by the noise. He stabs down to the prone elan and gives him a ragged wound to the head for 4. It doesn't seem to be a bad wound in and of itself, but nothing bleeds like the scalp ... and Alpha suffers an additional 3 bleed.

R4T19: Gamma is also plagued (pun intended) by rats, though his armor and being prone in the water helps him only suffer 1.

R4T17.9: Delta, your pit seemed to be a fine maneuver ... you hope. At least in containing how many opponents can get to Omega, and now Beta. You don't have a line to any target, though. Gamma is prone 10' in front of you (in the tunnel), and Alpha is prone 10' beyond that (in the main room). Both are in their own rat swarms. What do you do?

Gamma on deck, wererats in the pit are .... well .... in the hole (literally) ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Delta grumbles a bit, he had hoped not to get his allies separated, but at least it seems like he may have lightened the load a bit on the attacks. He quickly summons up his arcane power to bring a giant Celestial Frog into the fray, near one of the first Wererats he can see, allowing it to start attacking instantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Summon Monster SLA to summon a Giant Frog adjacent to the nearest wererat.

Frogs turn (Assuming I get to roll it)

Attack roll (Bite) [roll]1d20+3[roll]
    Damage (1d6+2)[8]
    Grab (1d20+5)[6]

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gamma growls at the swarm at his feet, closing the distance between him and Alpha carefully, he turns to face the nearest attacker, hoping to draw their attention away from Alpha.

Spoiler
    Show
    Five foot step closer to Alpha. With Gamma's massive ACP I don't think he can do anything functional but take hits.

22. - Top - End - #262

R4T17.9: Delta grumbles a bit, he had hoped not to get his allies separated, but at least it seems like he may have lightened the load a bit on the attacks. He quickly summons up his arcane power to bring a giant, celestial frog into the fray, calling it into being in the muck near the known wererat. Delta has to point vaguely around the corner and tell it to kill (how you verbalize that succintly for a simple command is up to you). The frog jumps off of the muck and out of Delta's view. There is the sound of the frog's bellowing, and Alpha and Gamma sees it miss its target on the south side next to Alpha.

R4T17: Gamma growls at the swarm at his feet, closing the distance between him and Alpha carefully, he turns to face the nearest attacker, hoping to draw their attention away from Alpha. This puts him just out of the tunnel, and he feels a clink on his powerful armor as to the right of him there was a wererat waiting to attack.

R4T15-14: The female wererat, still prone like everyone else down in this pit hits against Omega's armor. Her flanking fellow likewise attacks but Omega furiously fights for his life.

R4T10: Paxre, you are all the way back, across the sewer "river" and on the far walkway. What do you do?

Muhrbala on deck, Alpha's opponent on the south side (now dealing with a giant frog as well) in the hole ...
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not creative, but Paxre continues to put forth what healing he can so Gamma can send to Omega (or whomever needs it most).
    Spoiler
    Show
    CLW (1d8+4)[5]

EDIT: Sigh. See what happens when you call upon the Dark Tapestry to heal?
    Last edited by PSinger; 2015-10-04 at 07:30 AM.
    Current Games

24. - Top - End - #264

R4T10: It's not creative, but Paxre casts a healing spell on himself which once again is rerouted to Omega, but for a paltry 5.

R4T9.9: Muhrbala dive-bombs a pit-rat and nails him with a nasty sting to his calf for mod 5 before ascending out of range again.

R4T9.7: A wererat moves up by Alpha, who is prone in the muck and flanked by a rat on the south side (though that one is also facing off against a giant frog and now Gamma is cattie-corner to both) and stabs down with his sword. Gamma is there to take his aim wide and slams the wererat in the ear with the pommel on one side and the shield on the other. It doesn't appear to do any specific physical damage, but there are trickles of blood coming from the ear now. The rat seems to be a little disoriented.

R4T4: Gamma gets hit in his upper swordarm by a bolt for 11. He looks and to the north of the chamber is that sniper crossbowrat, who promptly disappears from view again.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T26: Beta, it is a purely sloppy melee down here in the pit. Omega just got a little more healing again, but not much. Either someone is running out of more powerful healing, or they feel they need to conserve. Either way it means healing resources might be diminishing. You, Omega, and two wererats are all down at the bottom of the pit and prone. You've each been hacking at the other without getting up. You still have that short sword in your hand. What do you do?

Noisemaker on deck, the rat swarm (on Alpha) in the hole ...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta takes a deep breath, focusing his energies within himself, a layer of his psionic power pushing out from him as his energy drew into himself, giving him renewed power, he'd flip up to his feet and prepared himself for the worst.

Spoiler
    Show
    As a Full-Round Action Beta will use the Stalker recovery. He regains all his manuevers (technically up to five) and gets a +4 bonus to his AC. On top of that, he gets to move up to his speed, which if allowed, he will use just to stand up to up his AC more.

26. - Top - End - #266

R5T26: Beta takes a deep breath, focusing his energies within himself, a layer of his psionic power pushing out from him as his energy drew into himself, giving him renewed power.

R5T25.9-.8: The high-pitched noise continues. Meanwhile, Alpha takes 5 from the rat swarm.

R5T20.5: Omega ... you, Beta, and two wererats are prone down in the pit. You are being flanked as you are rolling around in a messy combat. You had previously marked one of the rats. What do you do?

Alpha on deck (prone in muck and swarmed by rats), the wererat (on the south side of the muck and adjacent to Alpha and Gamma and helping to flank the former with another wererat) in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2015-10-12 at 07:19 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Omega pulls himself up to his feet and, steadying himself on his feet as he launches a straight punch into his nearest target, focusing his stance to better protect himself as he slides to mitigate their advantageous position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to stand up, Standard action to attack, swift action to enter Shattered Mirror Style (Can't believe I forgot that) Not an action: Five foot step to escape flanking

Attack (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage [roll]1d3+8[roll]

Alpha rolls away from the swarm of rats surrounding him, refocusing his energy as he lets loose a breath of fire into the swarm that had attacked him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: Reallocate essence from Stone Giant's Girdle to Circlet of Brass, Not an action: Five foot step out of the swarm so that my cone won't hit my allies. Standard action: Breathe from Gorget of the Wyrm.

Damage (3d6+6)[10] DC 20 reflex save for half (+2 damage +2 per essence in Circlet, DC 17+3 from Circlet)

28. - Top - End - #268

R5T20.5: Omega pulls himself up to his feet, but not before one of the wererats stabs him in the chest for 12. The wound leaves him woozy but he still manages to steady himself on his feet as he launches an ineffective straight punch at his attacker,. He focuses his stance to better protect himself as he slides to mitigate their advantageous position, stepping over his prone enemy to stand next to Beta.
    Spoiler: Obsidian Reflection Stance
    Show
    Because you didn't define which version of the obsidian reflection stance you are using, I am using the fluff "to better protect himself" to assume he is invoking the second form to make him harder to hit, the penalty to all w/in 20' (only affects you, Beta, and the two wererats down in this pit).

R5T20.3: To clear himself from the rat swarm, Alpha rolls out of the muck to the south side next to the wererat that is also fighting the giant frog, but not before he is stabbed in his right leg for 6. The other one also tried to stab but caught himself (he's not strong enough to overcome his own supernatural protection). His protective veil diminishes greatly, causing great pain as Alpha's wounds mostly catch up to him but he belches forth flame to do 15 fire to the swarm, a great effect though the rat swarm still is strong.
    Spoiler: Out of the frying pan, into the fire ...
    Show
    You lost 10 hit points by dropping the girdle from 2E to 0 E, and you and Omega are both in a world of hurt.

R5T20: The wererat that just struck at Alpha attacks again but Alpha ducks out of the way.

R5T19: Gamma takes 3 from his rat swarm and they are getting everywhere, distracting him.

R5T17.91: The frog bites the wererat, hard, but with no effect.

R5T17.9: Delta, you no longer see your frog and you have no idea of how it is doing. You have a clear view only along the muck line, including two rat swarms, Gamma, and the pit. What do you do?

Enemies in the hole and on deck ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Delta groans, this fight is not going in their favor, and he's powerless to help right now. He scoots to the side to try to get a better view and waits for his chance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delta is gonna move to try and get a better view and then pass his turn.

30. - Top - End - #270

R5T17.9: Delta groans. The fight is not going their way and he is powerless to help, he takes a step forward as if to help, but seeing the swarming rats and having no idea what else is really about, he holds his position.

R5T17.1: A wererat that wasn't in melee steps up to Gamma and begins to fence with him.

R5T17: Gamma, you are feeling the panic and bites of scores of rats and can't concentrate properly (nauseated). The battle is absolute chaos, and yet you seem to be almost in the center of it. What do you do?

The prone wererats in the pit are on deck and next ...
    Show