New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Weapons! (of Legacy, or Weapons Properties)

I throw my name in here. Write me up like a new York cop writes up tourists.
    Thanks to Kurien for drawing my avatar, and NightWolf16a for coloring it.

Spoiler: The master lurker
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Weapons! (of Legacy, or Weapons Properties)

Shadowscale's club of Improbable Jumping (Cursed item)
    This appears to be a +5 speed club until actually used, at which point the club forces the wielder to make a really stupid jump every time they attack, provoking attacks of opportunity and denying them their dexterity bonus to AC against such attacks. The club no longer provides any actual benefit, and cannot be dropped; it is stuck in the wielder's grip until a remove curse or equivalent allows its safe removal.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

i think i have a unique weapon for one of the regulars.

threadnaught's and rudi's spork.

Spoiler: fluff
    Show
    fluff, one day the great wizard threadnaught met a travelling vagrant who introduced himself as rudi.
    feeling sorry for rudi threadnaught offered to share his lunch with him, rudi gladly accepted as he had not eaten in a week. after eating hearty rudi thanked the noble wizard and gave him his one possession he owned and said it would keep threadnaught safe. threadnaught examined it a moment and when he looked up to ask a question rudi was gone.

It looked like some sort of knife that could be retracted and hidden on your person, except it was not a blade that came out, but a spoon with prongs like a fork. it did not register as magical.

later that night whilst sleeping he was attacked by bandits in the night, the bandits had magical aid and he could do nothing. he soon found himself helpless and at their mercy.
    as the leader went through his stuff he found the spork and asked what it was. threadnaught replied honestly and said "its a junk present a hungry vagrant gave me, its worthless".
    the leader of the bandits flicked it open and in that instant the clearing shone like daylight and a solar appeared and slew the bandits.
    through his daze he recognised the solar, none other than rudi himself.
    rudi revived threadnaught to his full health and then left. leaving only his spork behind as before.

threadnaught's and rudi's spork appears to not be a weapon at first glance, but if wielded it counts as a master worked dagger that only deals nonlethal damage.

if the spork is used to attack any creature with the evil subtype it acts as if a +3 dagger with the ghost touch and bane (targeted creature type) enchantments. the bane switches every time a different creature is attacked and reverts to its mundane state directly after the attack.

if the owner of the spork ever has the spork stolen or it is disarmed from him, as soon as the spork is opened from being retracted (its normal position) a solar appears and immediately attacks the thief or assailant and returns the spork to its current rightful owner. the solar returns the owner to living and full health if needed and rescues the owner if necessary before disappearing. this effect is the equivalent of the gate spell but works regardless of the current circumstance and can even operate in an antimagic field.

the owner of the spork may gift it to another being, but it must be in return for a kind act performed to them. if the spork is ever sold it disappears instantly and is lost forever until rudi (the solar called) finds a worthy owner again.

p.s. where's my weapon
    Last edited by sideswipe; 2015-02-22 at 06:43 PM.
    Damn girl you definitely have a +8 size modifier to AC!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Banned

Sideswiper
    This long-bladed polearm seems to sweep naturally through the air without effort.
    When you make an attack with this +5 speed glaive, instead of attacking normally, you must make an attack roll against each creature in either all your threatened squares in front of you and behind you, or to your left and to your right.

Example: Theodor is a human paladin wielding the Sideswiper. He is standing in (0,0). He may therefore choose either to attack everyone in (-2, 2), (-1, 2), (0, 2), (1,2) (2, 2), (-2, -2), (-1, -2), (0, -2), (1,-2) and (2, 2), or to attack everyone in (-2, 2), (-2, 1), (-2, 0), (-2, -1), (-2, -2), (2, 2), (2, 1), (2, 0), (2, -1) and (2, -2).

This do?

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Sideswiper
    This long-bladed polearm seems to sweep naturally through the air without effort.
    When you make an attack with this +5 speed glaive, instead of attacking normally, you must make an attack roll against each creature in either all your threatened squares in front of you and behind you, or to your left and to your right.

Example: Theodor is a human paladin wielding the Sideswiper. He is standing in (0,0). He may therefore choose either to attack everyone in (-2, 2), (-1, 2), (0, 2), (1,2) (2, 2), (-2, -2), (-1, -2), (0, -2), (1,-2) and (2, 2), or to attack everyone in (-2, 2), (-2, 1), (-2, 0), (-2, -1), (-2, -2), (2, 2), (2, 1), (2, 0), (2, -1) and (2, -2).

This do?
    that'll do pig Jormengand that'll do.

now to get my DM to let me use it

6. - Top - End - #96
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    that'll do pig Jormengand that'll do.

Now, where's mine?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Jormengand's Cursedealer

+3 weapon property

Up to three times per day, the wielder of a Cursedealer weapon can use it to make a Melee touch Attack against any magic item that provides a numeric bonus (such as a +2 Longsword, Orange Ioun Stone, or Eyes of the Eagle). That item becomes cursed for 24 hours, giving a penalty of the same type and number as its previous bonus and becoming impossible to unequip in any way unless the wearer receives a Remove Curse for the duration.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-02-22 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Scythe of Jormengand

This scythe seems to hum with a malevolent energy. It feels extremely ancient and even moreso evil.

This +3 Unholy Scythe threatens on a Range of 18-20 and may be affected by improved critical. 3/Day, you may choose to cast curse as a free action on the target of your attack (DC 19 Will) to resist. In addition, upon a critical hit, you inflict 1d4 negative levels on your target. You may choose to take 10 points of negative energy damage to make those negative levels permanent.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    i think i have a unique weapon for one of the regulars.
    Hilariously done.

I like the auto response to it being stolen.

I wonder how it'd work against a Ginosaji.
    Last edited by Threadnaught; 2015-02-23 at 08:22 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

When did the true neutral going-on-chaotic-good truenamer-lover turn into an evil god of curses? Ehh, they both work. Thanks, guys.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

When did the true neutral going-on-chaotic-good truenamer-lover turn into an evil god of curses? Ehh, they both work. Thanks, guys.
    I think it was partially your avatar and partially your love of cursed spells and items. ._.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground

Still hoping to get one of these : D

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Truenaming has an inversion chant somewhere, I thought 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

14. - Top - End - #104

Now, where's mine?
    jormengand's travelin' javelin.

with a word and a throw you can be instantly transported across space.

jormengand's travelin' javelin is a +2 returning javelin in all ways apart from the following.

the javelin has a range increment of 5ft per point of strength of the wielder.
    as well as being able to deliver spells stored through ranged attacks from the javelin, you may as a free action upon a successful attack roll (after the attack has been resolved) teleport to the closest square to the target as if you had just used dimension door as a spell like ability. this does not provoke attacks of opportunity and you may act normally for the rest of your turn. including taking any remaining attacks you have if you threw it as part of a full attack. if this is done as the result of your first attack of a full attack, you may make the remainder of your attacks using any melee weapon you had drawn before you made the first attack. if you have the feat power attack you may trade your base attack bonus starting with your second attack if you used the first attack to teleport next to your target.

damn i was swordsaged
    Last edited by sideswipe; 2015-02-22 at 07:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Permission: Urpriest

Also, for eggynack...

Gatekeeper's Reach

This +2 Byeshk Aberration-Bane Orcish Shotput gains special powers when wielded by Orcs or Half-Orcs, and by Druids. When wielded by an Orc or Half-Orc, Gatekeeper's Reach returns to its wielder after each attack, ready to be used again. When wielded by a Druid or other user of Wild Shape, Gatekeeper's Reach does not merge when the wielder changes form. Instead, the weapon appears to vanish down the Druid's throat. The Druid can then vomit forth the weapon as a ranged attack, attacking as if it were wielded in two hands, no matter how many hands the Druid's new form possesses. If the Druid is also a Half-Orc or Orc, when Gatekeeper's Reach returns after use it returns down the Druid's throat, ready to be used again. Half-Orc and Orc Druids automatically gain proficiency with Gatekeeper's Reach.

Spoiler: Explanation:
    Show
    Druids, especially Half-Orc Druids, which means especially orcish-themed weapons...and it's hard to get a good ranged attack in most wild shape forms after all.
    Last edited by Urpriest; 2015-02-23 at 02:00 PM.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Thought I'm not well known, permission given, Oko and Qailee.

I will write someone up tomorrow (bed time now)! I love these kinds of threads.
    Last edited by Oko and Qailee; 2015-02-23 at 12:23 PM.
    (Currently afk halfway across the country.)

Attempting Homebrew:
    Requip Knight

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaydos' Staff of Creation

As you pick up this staff, you feel a rush of creative inspiration, and the will to shape it so that it becomes a reality. You can hear whispers of great inventors around you, guiding your own creations.

This +4 Merciful Quarterstaff confers a number of benefits upon the user. Firstly, it allows the use of Minor Creation as an SLA 5 times per day, and the use of Major Creation 1 time per day. The items created are permanent as long as you do not try to sell them at profit, upon which they disappear immediately before the transaction is made. You may give them free of charge, however. Secondly, you gain the benefits of Craft Wondrous Item and Craft Magic Arms and Armor as bonus feats, if you have the required caster level. Lastly, you gain a +2 untyped bonus to INT and CHA while wielding this. You also gain a bonus to craft and linguistics equal to half your level.

Spoiler: Reasoning
    Show
    Zaydos has done a bunch in the community, like homebrew, spells/etc. That it seems fitting to give him a staff that does what he does.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-02-23 at 11:50 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

BardGuy

His Royal Bardness, illyahr, gives his permission.

I'm very eager to be immortalized in the lore of the playground.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-02-23 at 12:09 PM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

I'm a stick!

Needless to say I approve wholeheartedly.

>>
    Might have seen myself as some sort of staff of creation
    <<
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Sure, why not? Permission granted.

Deadline
    Last edited by Deadline; 2015-02-23 at 01:04 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

21. - Top - End - #111

BardGuy

Added two of my most famous characters into my sig if you want a better idea of what I'm like.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallo? Is there anyone in there? Is there anyone at aaall? I'm trying to come up with more WoL/Specific items for GitPers, but I don't know any of these guys very much.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Hallo? Is there anyone in there? Is there anyone at aaall? I'm trying to come up with more WoL/Specific items for GitPers, but I don't know any of these guys very much.
    You can always look at our histories or projects we made/are currently working on.

In my case, I've ended up doing things on either construct races or unusual gun-use.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

42 Shards of Iz

A legendary greatsword once wielded by the War Prophet from whom it took its name, the sword Iz was broken in battle with the archfiend Bel. Shattered into 42 pieces each of these shards was implanted into a cestus. These cestuses may be worn as magical gloves (taking up the glove slot). If worn thus they grant bonuses to a creature's unarmed strikes as if those unarmed strikes were enchanted with the enhancement bonus and weapon properties associated with that cestus. As each cestus is a single glove a second one can be worn, in which case the wearer may switch which one is active each round as a move action.

The 42 cestuses and the magic weapon properties they emulate are listed below, the odd numbered cestuses being for the left hand, the even for the right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. +1 Outsider (Chaotic) Bane Banishing
    2. +2 Axiomatic
    3. +3 Defending
    4. +2 Acidic Burst
    5. +2 Flaming Burst
    6. +2 Icy Burst
    7. +2 Shocking Burst
    8. +2 Collision
    9. +2 Desiccating Burst
    10. +2 Paralytic Burst
    11. +2 Wounding
    12. +3 Warning
    13. +1 Screaming Burst Stunning
    14. +2 Psychokinetic Burst
    15. +2 Blindsight
    16. +1 Speed
    17. +1 Ethereal Reaver
    18. +2 Mindcrusher
    19. +2 Psibane
    20. +2 Transmuting
    21. +2 Sacred Burst
    22. +3 Merciful
    23. +2 Impact Maiming
    24. +1 Ghost Strike Undead Bane
    25. +2 Greater Dispelling
    26. +3 Vicious
    27. +2 Banishing
    28. +2 Consumptive
    29. +2 Vampiric
    30. +1 Necrotic Focus
    31. +1 Body Feeder
    32. +1 Curse Spewing
    33. +2 Impedance
    34. +2 Energy Aura
    35. +2 Doom Burst
    36. +1 Illusion Theft
    37. +1 Incorporeal Binding Undead Bane
    38. +3 Magebane
    39. +3 Revealing
    40. +3 Lucky
    41. +2 Dragondoom Dragonbane
    42. +4 Weapon

If all 42 cestuses were brought together their shards could be removed and reforged to recreate the Sword of Iz. This greatsword would function as a magic weapon with a total effective enhancement bonus of +10. The actual properties of the weapon would be any combination of those which the shards could grant, with anywhere from +1 to +4 enhancement bonus and +9 to +6 in weapon properties. These properties could be changed as a move action each round. Its caster level for all effects is considered to be 25, and any dispel effect functions as Greater Dispel Magic instead of as Dispel Magic. In addition in the hands of a monk the sword's true prowess would be revealed. A monk is considered proficient in the sword of Iz even if they are not normally proficient in Greatswords, may treat it as a special monk weapon, and may add their base unarmed damage as if a medium sized monk to its weapon damage.

The 42 shards of Iz are each a piece of a major artifact, and the precise means to destroy each shard is unknown. If it is reforged the Sword of Iz can only be broken into 42 shards if sundered by a pit fiend, then these shards must be individually disposed of.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    42 Shards of Iz

A legendary greatsword once wielded by the War Prophet from whom it took its name, the sword Iz was broken in battle with the archfiend Bel. Shattered into 42 pieces each of these shards was implanted into a cestus. These cestuses may be worn as magical gloves (taking up the glove slot). If worn thus they grant bonuses to a creature's unarmed strikes as if those unarmed strikes were enchanted with the enhancement bonus and weapon properties associated with that cestus. As each cestus is a single glove a second one can be worn, in which case the wearer may switch which one is active each round as a move action.

The 42 cestuses and the magic weapon properties they emulate are listed below, the odd numbered cestuses being for the left hand, the even for the right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. +1 Outsider (Chaotic) Bane Banishing
    2. +2 Axiomatic
    3. +3 Defending
    4. +2 Acidic Burst
    5. +2 Flaming Burst
    6. +2 Icy Burst
    7. +2 Shocking Burst
    8. +2 Collision
    9. +2 Desiccating Burst
    10. +2 Paralytic Burst
    11. +2 Wounding
    12. +3 Warning
    13. +1 Screaming Burst Stunning
    14. +2 Psychokinetic Burst
    15. +2 Blindsight
    16. +1 Speed
    17. +1 Ethereal Reaver
    18. +2 Mindcrusher
    19. +2 Psibane
    20. +2 Transmuting
    21. +2 Sacred Burst
    22. +3 Merciful
    23. +2 Impact Maiming
    24. +1 Ghost Strike Undead Bane
    25. +2 Greater Dispelling
    26. +3 Vicious
    27. +2 Banishing
    28. +2 Consumptive
    29. +2 Vampiric
    30. +1 Necrotic Focus
    31. +1 Body Feeder
    32. +1 Curse Spewing
    33. +2 Impedance
    34. +2 Energy Aura
    35. +2 Doom Burst
    36. +1 Illusion Theft
    37. +1 Incorporeal Binding Undead Bane
    38. +3 Magebane
    39. +3 Revealing
    40. +3 Lucky
    41. +2 Dragondoom Dragonbane
    42. +4 Weapon

If all 42 cestuses were brought together their shards could be removed and reforged to recreate the Sword of Iz. This greatsword would function as a magic weapon with a total effective enhancement bonus of +10. The actual properties of the weapon would be any combination of those which the shards could grant, with anywhere from +1 to +4 enhancement bonus and +9 to +6 in weapon properties. These properties could be changed as a move action each round. Its caster level for all effects is considered to be 25, and any dispel effect functions as Greater Dispel Magic instead of as Dispel Magic. In addition in the hands of a monk the sword's true prowess would be revealed. A monk is considered proficient in the sword of Iz even if they are not normally proficient in Greatswords, may treat it as a special monk weapon, and may add their base unarmed damage as if a medium sized monk to its weapon damage.

The 42 shards of Iz are each a piece of a major artifact, and the precise means to destroy each shard is unknown. If it is reforged the Sword of Iz can only be broken into 42 shards if sundered by a pit fiend, then these shards must be individually disposed of.
    Oooh, me gusta. Thank you Zaydos.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

I, Judge_Worm, hereby give my permission with lacking and false judicial authority. Not for any renown, but more so because my name lends itself oh so well to a weapon.
    Last edited by Judge_Worm; 2015-02-24 at 09:48 PM.
    Teal'c the Illithid avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

The Worm Judge

Forged by a mad illithid who turned from the Elder Brains and Ilsenssine towards the worship of Kyuss. The Worm Judge is a +2 Unholy Morningstar. The spikes on the Worm Judge seem to wriggle and writhe and when it hits a living creature these worms attempt to burrow in to the target forcing them to succeed at a DC 16 Fortitude save or be infested by these parasites. When a creature becomes infested they suffer 1d3 Str and Dex damage immediately, and cannot be further infested until that infestation is cured. This infestation functions as a disease which deals 1d3 Str and Dex damage on a failed Fortitude save (DC 16). In addition an undead creature wielding the Worm Judge may 1/day make a touch attack with it as a standard action. This attack deals no damage to the target but they must make a DC 16 Will save or suffer the effects of a Bestow Curse spell (CL 13).

---

In other news, IZ42 since you missed a vestige, if you want one I could give a try on making one... expect them to be monk themed and have died fighting Bel.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    The Worm Judge

Forged by a mad illithid who turned from the Elder Brains and Ilsenssine towards the worship of Kyuss. The Worm Judge is a +2 Unholy Morningstar. The spikes on the Worm Judge seem to wriggle and writhe and when it hits a living creature these worms attempt to burrow in to the target forcing them to succeed at a DC 16 Fortitude save or be infested by these parasites. When a creature becomes infested they suffer 1d3 Str and Dex damage immediately, and cannot be further infested until that infestation is cured. This infestation functions as a disease which deals 1d3 Str and Dex damage on a failed Fortitude save (DC 16). In addition an undead creature wielding the Worm Judge may 1/day make a touch attack with it as a standard action. This attack deals no damage to the target but they must make a DC 16 Will save or suffer the effects of a Bestow Curse spell (CL 13).

---

In other news, IZ42 since you missed a vestige, if you want one I could give a try on making one... expect them to be monk themed and have died fighting Bel.
    I have no clue how vestiges work (._. I am not an expert on 3.5, Pathfinder is my thang), and missed vestiges because I wasn't well known when that was happening. But sure, if you want to make me a vestige, go right ahead! You'll end up making all of my items, feats, spells etc. XD. (I also had to read up on who Bel was, and dying fighting a major Archdevil seems like my first character's style of thing, so awesome!)

EDIT: Once this thread gets finished off, we should create maneuvers. That seems fun. Especially if disciplines from 3.5 and Pathfinder are allowed, because I can do pathfinder maneuvers quite easily, and know nothing about 3.5 maneuvers.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-03-03 at 10:55 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

What qualifies as a regular?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Sgt. Cookie raises his hand

I give permission.
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2015-03-04 at 09:54 AM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.