New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Playable Races!

What is race? Well... I won't make any jokes. That would be wrong.

What do races have? They have a type, a subtype, stat modifications, and some special ability. More powerful races may have a level adjustment, which we'll use responsibly and keep within +0, +1, and +2, right? They will also have a backstory and some cultural elements. What do they do? What is their patron deity? What is their Favored Class/Favored Class Bonus?

Remember that we need to acquire permission before making a race. Please provide permission via post with a link to itself.

Requests:
    Snowbluff
    Illven
    IZ42
    Lord_Gareth
    Lord Raziere
    eggynack
    Tvtyrant
    Atemu1234
    Keledrath
    ElricalTovilla
    Ashtagon
    Psybomb
    Threadnaught
    Stack
    Jormegand and I'm not making that a hashtag.
    Red Fel
    Whambamsam
    Loyalpaladin
    Telonius
    Ferronach
    Blackhawk
    Urpriest
    Necrotic Plague
    Kazyan
    tadkins
    Deadline
    Sideswipe
    Admiral Squish
    Sslarn
    Sgt. Cookie
    Phelix-mu

Races:
    Snowbluff Snowbluffians
    Elric Altovilla
    Keledrath The Drath
    Paladines
    Red Felguards
    Jormengand The Jormen
    Stack The Aktschians
    Illven Illvenites
    Lord Raziere The Araezer
    Snowbluffians
    Red Felguards
    Altovilla
    The Drath

Paladines
    The Jormen
    Kelecast
    Aktchians
    Illvenites
    Garrotites
    The Araezer
    Noritects
    Dominites
    Vollaen
    Valarites
    Akatites
    The Psykal
    Athredites
    Sslarn Ssalafee
    Lord Gareth Garetines
    Vizzerdrix Drixi

+1 Races:
    Atemu Atemost

+2 Races:

Egnackers
    Keledrath Kelecast
    Deadline Deathspline

+3 Races:

Audinoss

+99 Races
    IZ42 The IZ
    Eggynack Egnackers
    The Iz[/QUOTE]
    Atemu Temu

A dragon did it
    Battleborn
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-01 at 09:51 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Playable Races!

Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-22 at 10:33 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Last edited by Illven; 2015-03-23 at 12:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Races you say? I give my permission.

I will also be creating several races, if certain individuals give their permission.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-03-23 at 01:35 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Now this one I have to see.

The link
    Last edited by Lord_Gareth; 2015-03-23 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Please. Please make me one!

link
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-03-23 at 01:36 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

As usual, I, eggynack, hereby grant permission.
    Last edited by eggynack; 2015-03-23 at 02:13 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...21&postcount=8 I grant Permission! This was really hard to do on my phone...
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2015-03-23 at 02:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I grant my permission. I can't format the link here, but I'll also do Snowbluff as a race, if no one's claimed.

Edit: So here's what I've got so far; any tips?

Snowbluffians

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Once upon a time, the Snowbluffians were just another race of humans, born in a frigid and inhospitable wasteland. They were industrious, happy, and lived with peaceful serenity. But then, one day, one of their members returned home from a hunting trip with a strange box carved with images of gods in tow. Their elder opened it, and was amazed at what he found. A bright blue orb, cold as the heart of winter, and full of power. They could have let it be, but they were curious. But their attempts to use it changed them forever. Infusing them with the power of an ancient, dead deity, they became the Snowbluffians.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Snowbluffians are often tall, thin, pale and blonde. Their icy blue eyes give way to a stare that could frighten the gods of winters themselves.

Spoiler: Racial Traits
    Show
    • +2 Int, +2 Con: Snowbluffians are often far more resourceful and hardy than humans and other creatures, especially in their native environments.
    • +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks: A saying about Snowbluffians states, "Trust a Snowbluffian's insight, and hope their tongue speaks true." They're very convincing at arguing their points logically and efficiently.
    • +2 racial bonus on Survival checks in cold environs- Snowbluffians are rarely cold for long, even in the most freezing temperatures, and almost instinctively know how to find food and make shelter.
    • Heat Munity (Ex): Snowbluffians are more susceptible to heat than most, and in warm environments must drink water twice as often or risk hyperthermia.
    • Humanoid (Snowbluffian): Despite being descended from a northern race of humans, the Snowbluffians are not human.
    • Base land speed is 30 ft. Snowbluffians also take no penalties due to terrain when traveling through snow.
    • Favored Class: Seriously, who gives a crap? No one uses favored class rules anyway.
    • Level Adjustment: +0.

I balanced it against lesser Aasimar.

Edit: I changed the backstory a little bit, added descriptions. Thoughts?
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-03-24 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Keledrath

And I'll do a silly one for Eggy. Silly because, while at +5 ECL, it might actually be usable.

Egnackers
    Descended from the animal companions of anthropomorphic bat druids, Egnackers have developed into a true breeding race only recently. This event has caused widespread panic throughout the world as they begin to reclaim cities for mother nature.

Ability modifiers: -2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Dex, +10 Wisdom, +4 Int, +4 Cha
    Small Monstrous Humanoid
    3 RHD
    Move Speeds: 20ft, 60ft Fly (Good)
    Racial Skills: +8 Knowledge (Nature, Geography), +8 Perception
    Special Racial Feature: An Egnacker may cast spells as a Druid of its total Hit Dice
    LA: +2
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sure, I give permission. These are always pretty fun.

I'll have something for someone up a little later today.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    I grant my permission. I can't format the link here, but I'll also do Snowbluff as a race, if no one's claimed.

Edit: So here's what I've got so far; any tips?

Snowbluffians
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Egnackers
    If you guys could do some backstory and lore for the races, that'd be great.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, yes. I suppose it was inevitable. Very well, Red Fel accepts.

As an aside, I am toying with a few options. I'll see where they get me.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-03-23 at 08:38 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

If you guys could do some backstory and lore for the races, that'd be great.
    will add later, wanted to get the idea down

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Ah, yes. I suppose it was inevitable. Very well, Red Fel accepts.

As an aside, I am toying with a few options. I'll see where they get me.
    Oh, I have a nice one for this.

Red Felguards (Variant Tiefling Heritage)
    Medium Outsider [Lawful, Evil, Native]
    Racial Mods: +2 Cha, +2 Dex, -2 Str
    Racial Skills: +2 Bluff and Diplomacy
    SLA: Silent Table

Red Felguards are the descendants of Contract Devils, and their sly nature shows it. They frequently grow into spies or con men, thanks to their natural talents of deception and the magic inherent to their nature.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

WhamBamSam gives permission.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2015-03-23 at 09:09 AM.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

17. - Top - End - #17

I'm totally in on this one.

LoyalPaladin
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-03-23 at 09:16 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

As I mentioned, I have several ideas. Since I find PF races harder to tweak, paradoxically enough, I'll start with that one first. I've used the PF racial stat block model, which is a nauseating amount of work.

For Elric: The Altovilla.

Spoiler: The Altovilla
    Show
    History: Legend tells of a Great Wyrm dragon, in times of old (although few recall the color of its scales) who became enamored of the martial prowess of the mortal races. For a creature of inherent magical and physical power, to see these paltry races play at soldier with their handcrafted tools seemed at first an exercise in frustration and futility; but as this nameless ancestor watched, he found himself fascinated with the focus, the artistry, and the dedication of these tiny creatures. Descending from his lair, and taking human shape, he walked among the people he encountered, studying their arts and joining their community. In time, he took a wife, and had children. It was in the birth of his half-dragon children that the truth of his nature was revealed, for unlike their father, they were not adept in concealing their true nature.

The nameless dragon had, by this time, developed a following of students of his martial craft. Now fallen into disrepute, he, his family, and his students took their leave, and departed for places unknown. The community continued to refine the arts of combat, and the generations diluted the blood of the dragon, who eventually passed from the world.

The descendants of this dragon and his students had taken up residence in a hermitage located deep within the hidden peaks of a mountain range. So it was that they named themselves for their home; they were known as the Altovilla.

Physical Description: Altovilla are roughly human in appearance, although they tend to have slight reptilian features, such as scaled skin, slitted eyes, or enlarged, sharp teeth. These features are purely cosmetic, and vary wildly in severity and coloration. Altovilla are known to take titles based in part on their appearance; for example, one with blue scales might be called "Yodan Skyscale," while one with amber irises might be "Kalia Serpentseye."

Society: Altovilla place high emphasis on training. It is very common for one's social status to be directly proportionate to one's successful efforts in a given field. That said, Altovilla do not narrowly define "training" - training might include sparring or martial training, but also practicing music, or studying alchemy. There is even one famous Altovilla, Tothek the Effortless, who became esteemed for training in what he called "the art of highly effective laziness."

That said, Altovilla most highly prize martial prowess. Not mere brute strength, but artistry and skill are among the most valued abilities of Altovilla warriors. Those who are strongest and most skilled quickly rise to positions of prestige. Those who are weak are not scorned, however; as long as they continue to try, and to train, they are commended for their efforts, and encouraged by the community as a whole.

Relations: Altovilla tend to be very insular, due to their semi-exiled upbringing. Outsiders will be cautiously welcomed, but generally avoided, within the Altovilla community.

An Altovilla abroad is another matter entirely. Altovilla travel almost exclusively for training, whatever that might mean to the Altovilla in question. As such, they welcome encounters and new experiences, as these will likely aid in their training. Altovilla adventurers tend to be friendly and outgoing, regardless of race or background.

The one thing that is anathema to Altovilla mentality, that can turn off an Altovilla most quickly, is a lack of desire to improve. Those who become complacent are an object of disgust or horror to the Altovilla.

Alignment: The tendency of the Altovilla towards training causes many to lean towards a Lawful alignment. However, this is not universal; for example, one Altovilla, Copas the Hideously Inebriated, dedicated his training to the consumption of intoxicating substances, and was (to most observers) highly Chaotic.

Adventurers: Altovilla travel for training. Training is life. Altovilla adventurers recognize that there is training to be had in peril, in exploration, or in protecting and serving others. Given their tendency towards martial combat, Altovilla most commonly gravitate towards the martial classes (Stalker, Warder, and Warlord), although members of other classes are not unheard of.

Ability Score Racial Traits: Altovilla characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice to represent their varied nature.
    Size: Altovilla are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    Type: Altovilla are Humanoids with the reptilian subtype.
    Base Speed: Altovilla have a base speed of 30 feet.
    Languages: Altovilla begin play speaking Common. Altovilla with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).

Racial Traits:
    Martial Training I: Even though their paths diverge, all Altovilla are trained in the fundamentals of martial combat. Altovilla gain Martial Training I as a bonus feat at first level, even if they do not meet the prerequisites.
    Defensive Training, Greater: Rigorous Altovilla training focuses on skill and defense. Altovilla gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC.

Alternate Racial Traits:
    Advanced Study: Altovilla benefit more from the training of martial adepts than other races. Altovilla with this trait take Advanced Study as a bonus feat at first level, even if they do not meet the prerequisites. Replaces Martial Training I.
    Focused Study: Not all Altovilla focus on combat; some refine their other skills. At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, members of this race gain Skill Focus in a skill of their choice as a bonus feat. Replaces Defensive Training, Greater.

Favored Class Options:
    Stalker: Add +1/4 to the Stalker's ki pool.
    Warder: Add +1/6 to the Warder's Aegis (or Guardianship) bonus.
    Warlord: Add +1/3 to the number of maneuvers recovered when the Warlord successfully uses a gambit.

Keledrath, you're next.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I have a nice one for this.

Red Felguards (Variant Tiefling Heritage)
    Medium Outsider [Lawful, Evil, Native]
    Racial Mods: +2 Cha, +2 Dex, -2 Str
    Racial Skills: +2 Bluff and Diplomacy
    SLA: Silent Table

Red Felguards are the descendants of Contract Devils, and their sly nature shows it. They frequently grow into spies or con men, thanks to their natural talents of deception and the magic inherent to their nature.
    First off, Keledrath, I like it. Classy, charming, sneaky, and smart SLA. I'm a fan. And since you just had to use PF, I suppose I must reciprocate in kind. This one's for you.

Spoiler: The Drath
    Show
    History: The dragons of old often experimented with the lesser races. In particular, it wasn't uncommon for dragons to tinker with their most loyal of followers, the kobolds. One such dragon, now lost to posterity, was quick to realize that his precious minions were sadly quite vulnerable. Unlike he, with his mighty armored scales, his kobold subjects were really rather squishy and frail. Unlike he, who could live for centuries, they would age and become frail, dying rather than serving him eternally.

Something had to be done.

So it was that he dedicated his powers to the study of the construct. He thought he might prefer an army of automata to the service of these frail creatures. But he found, to his disappointment, that lifeless automata brought him no joy; their worship was hollow, their obeisance devoid of awe and fear.

And then inspiration struck. Dismantling his construct minions, he began the process of magically (and painfully) grafting their parts onto his kobolds. Over the generations, these creatures began to demonstrate the sturdiness and resilience of their mechanical forebears, while still retaining the vitality and emotions of their kobold progenitors. In time, these beings became known as the Drath, and their descendants have since scattered across the world.

Physical Description: Drath generally resemble short, reptilian kobolds, but with one key difference - parts of a Drath's body are covered in metal, as though sheets of the stuff had been melted onto its skin. The location, size, and number of these "false scales," as the Drath call them, vary from one to the next. These plates are not painful, and are in fact deceptively flexible.

Society: Drath society, like the Drath themselves, resembles kobold society. Drath are traditionally organized into warrens, centered around family, and they tend to organize around powerful beings. However, as they consider themselves superior to ordinary kobolds, so too are their standards higher; Drath are often known to reject those leaders whom they find undeserving of their otherwise slavish obedience.

Unlike regular kobolds, however, Drath are unfailingly loyal to their own. Their construct tendencies have given them a colder, more pragmatic view, and they see themselves as aspects of a single entity; each Drath contributes uniquely to the whole, and each Drath has value. Of course, anyone outside of the community is either a threat, a pawn, or a target.

Because they do not need to eat, breathe, or sleep, Drath are brutally efficient workers, constantly expanding their tunnels, designing more elaborate traps and passages, and delving into more hazardous environments. Because of a lack of a need to breathe, the Drath do not fear underground gas deposits or lakes, instead recognizing them as a superior form of environmental defense. Drath explorers and engineers are constantly on the look out for new ways to terraform and weaponize their surroundings.

Relations: Drath are generally cautious, often to the point of cowardice, around other races. However, where they feel superior, they are known to exercise it in the form of dominance and arrogance. They have a particular loathing for kobolds, whom they see as "defective prototypes" preceding the superior form of the Drath.

Alignment: Drath tend to be Lawful, with a leaning towards Evil. Even those who are not Evil tend to share their race's natural ambitions towards being better and stronger than others, and being praised for it.

Adventurers: Drath adventurers sometimes leave the warren in shame, due to having acted outside of their role in the greater machine of Drath society. Others leave based on the sudden discovery of inner courage; many Drath find comfort in the warren, and are too cowardly to leave it. Whatever the reason, Drath who adventure seek greatness and glory, hoping to become the person that other people admire.

Ability Score Racial Traits: Drath are sturdy and cunning, but not pleasant company. They gain +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, and -2 Charisma.
    Size: Drath are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on their combat maneuver checks and to Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
    Type: Drath are humanoids with the reptilian and half-construct subtypes.
    Half-Construct: A half-construct race has the following features:
    • Half-constructs gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and effects that cause either exhaustion or fatigue.
    • Half-constructs cannot be raised or resurrected.
    • Half-constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep, unless they want to gain some beneficial effect from one of these activities. This means that a half-construct can drink potions to benefit from their effects and can sleep in order to regain spells, but neither of these activities is required for the construct to survive or stay in good health.
    Base Speed: Drath have a base speed of 30 feet.
    Languages: Drath begin play speaking begin play speaking only Draconic. Drath with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Common, Dwarven, Gnome, and Undercommon.

Racial Traits:
    Natural Armor: Drath "false scales" give them additional durability. Members of this race gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
    Cornered Fury: Drath are most dangerous when they can't escape. Whenever a member of this race is reduced to half its hit points or fewer and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, it gains a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and to Armor Class.
    Darkvision: Drath can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
    Light Sensitivity: Drath live in darkness, which causes them to suffer from light sensitivity.
    Mixed Blood: Drath count as Drath, kobolds, and constructs for any effect relating to race.

Alternate Racial Traits:
    Crystalline Form: Instead of hardened plates, some Drath "false scales" are softer, with a brilliant sheen. Drath with this trait have reflective, crystalline skin that grants them a +2 racial bonus to AC against rays. Once per day, they can deflect a single ray attack targeted at them as if they were using the Deflect Arrows feat. Replaces Natural Armor.
    Lucky, Greater: Some Drath, rather than panic, learn to focus their minds on creative solutions. Drath with this trait gain a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws. Replaces Cornered Fury.
    Day Raider: Some Drath adapt to the surface. Drath with this trait don't have light sensitivity, and have low-light vision instead of darkvision. This racial trait replaces Light Sensitivity and Darkvision.

Favored Class Options:
    Alchemist: Add +1/2 to the number of bombs per day the alchemist can create.
    Cleric: Add +1 to channel energy damage dealt to creatures denied their Dexterity bonus to AC (whether or not the creature has a Dexterity bonus to AC).
    Fighter: Add +1/2 to damage rolls the fighter makes with weapon attacks against an opponent he is flanking or an opponent that is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC.
    Inquisitor: Add 1/2 to Survival checks made to track creatures in total darkness.
    Magus Add a +1/2 bonus on concentration checks made to cast defensively.
    Monk: Add +1/3 to the monk's AC bonus class ability.
    Oracle: Add +1/4 to the armor or natural armor bonus granted by oracle spells she casts on herself.
    Ranger: Add +1/4 to the number of opponents the ranger may select when using hunter's bond to grant a bonus to allies. All selected creatures must be of the same type.
    Rogue: Add +1/2 to the rogue's trap sense bonus to AC.
    Summoner: Add +1/4 to the summoner's shield ally bonus (maximum +2).
    Witch: Add +5 feet to the distance at which her familiar grants the Alertness feat (maximum +20 feet).
    Wizard: Add 1/2 to your familiar's Will saves against enchantment effects, or increase the hit points of your bonded item by 1.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'm totally in on this one.

LoyalPaladin
    Alright, I've got this one. I hope you don't mind being a PF race, because I don't believe in LA.

I'm going to shamelessly steal Red Fel's format for the races, because I'm lazy. P.S. Thanks for the awesome race Red Fel! They really make me feel like a lazy bum with their constant training and ambition

Spoiler: Paladines
    Show

History: While Aasimar are the mortal descendants of ancient celestial bloodlines, and responsible for some of the greatest heroes of ancient history, not all their deeds are performed by true Aasimar. Another race, similar in appearance and purity to the Aasimar exist in secret among them.

The Paladine are created by the willful falling of a celestial being to the mortal realm. This celestial spirit, often a lower angel or archon then bonds with the body of a virtuous mortal, usually a human or Aasimar on the brink of death. The act causes the dying mortal to immediately reincarnate, restored to life and blessed by the powers of goodness.

Physical Description: Paladines are near universally handsome or awe inspiring in appearance. They benefit from great physical fitness, coupled with the purity of a celestial soul that causes a light to glow from within their form. Most Paladine who were originally human or Aasimar simply continue to pass themselves off as their former race, and indeed their appearance is, while exceptional, within the bounds of these two races.

Society: Paladines are exceptionally rare, and most simply live their lives in the culture which they were originally from. Those Paladine who do meet others of their kind feel an instant connection and immediately recognize each other for what they are. Through this empathic bond, all Paladine share some connection.

Relations: Universally virtuous, caring and generous, Paladine often find it easy to live and make many friends among good and neutral races. Their zeal and dedication are inspiring and many often find themselves in positions of leadership, at least temporarily.

Alignment: The nature of a Paladine's origin means that they are universally good aligned, although their feelings about Law and Chaos vary across a spectrum.

Adventurers: Paladine are born with a particular goal in mind, often the destruction or redemption of a great evil. This goal is usually the impetus of the original celestial's decision to fall to the mortal world. Whether they succeed at their goal or not, Paladines often continue their crusades against evil, or adventure to champion a particular cause of good on their way.

Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 STR, +2 CON, +2 DEX, -2 INT, +4 CHA. Paladine are notably hardy and possessed of a natural Charm and sense of self.
    Size: Paladine are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    Type: Paladine are Outsiders with the Native subtype.
    Base Speed: The Paladine's base speed is 30 ft.
    Languages: Paladine begin play speaking Common and Celestial. Paladine with high Intelligence scores can choose to learn any language they wish (except secret languages like Druidic).

Racial Traits:
    Darkvision: Paladine have Darkvision out to 60 ft.
    Low Light Vision: Paladine can see twice as far in conditions of dim light.
    Celestial Resistance: Paladine gain acid resistance 5, cold resistance 5, and electricity resistance 5.
    Eternal Hope: Paladine gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against fear and despair effects. Also, once per day, after a natural roll of 1 on a d20 roll, the Paladine reroll and use the second result.
    Inner Glow: All Paladine emit a small amount of light from their skin and hair. This light is rarely enough to see by, but it does give the Paladine a -4 penalty to stealth checks.

Favored Class Options:
    Cleric: Add +1/3 to the cleric's channel energy healing.
    Paladin: Add +1 to the Paladin's healing with Lay on Hands, but only when the Paladin heals someone other than themselves.
    Warpriest: Gain +1/3 uses of Fervor.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Mecha kobolds? I am k with this.

The one thing I'm not k with is the use of half construct. It should burn in a hole which is then filled in and the ground sown with salt. There's a reason my warforged ports still use the Living Construct from 3.5.

Though, after that fit of rage passes, it does fit with the race you have created for me.

And of course I used PF. Something like that in 3.5 would have had like +7 LA. I mean, it has 3 subtypes.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

23. - Top - End - #23

Alright, I've got this one. I hope you don't mind being a PF race, because I don't believe in LA.
    That is awesome! I sort of want to play that in an upcoming epic campaign I'm in. Hmmmmm. Running this by the DM... Thank you!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

P.S. Thanks for the awesome race Red Fel! They really make me feel like a lazy bum with their constant training and ambition
    My pleasure. It was almost fun playing with PF's format. And the Altovilla is a surprisingly low-RP race, all things considered, so it should be quite playable.

Mecha kobolds? I am k with this.

The one thing I'm not k with is the use of half construct. It should burn in a hole which is then filled in and the ground sown with salt. There's a reason my warforged ports still use the Living Construct from 3.5.

Though, after that fit of rage passes, it does fit with the race you have created for me.

And of course I used PF. Something like that in 3.5 would have had like +7 LA. I mean, it has 3 subtypes.
    I know, right? Mecha kobolds. Be afraid.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the half-construct subtype, but it worked better than going full construct-type on this thing, and I really wanted to use it. And I didn't feel like bungling around with a 3.5 port of Living Construct. This also contributes to the favored class choices - they tend to be opportunistic or defensive because, let's face it, dead Drath is dead. Like, super-dead.

It is, however, a monster when it comes to RP; a quick count gives me:
    • Half-Construct: 7 RP
    • Natural Armor/Crystalline Form: 2 RP
    • Cornered Fury/Lucky, Greater: 4 RP
    • Darkvision: 2 RP
    • Light Sensitivity: -1 RP
    That's a total of 14 RP, the equivalent of a Drow. So, yeah, that's probably equal to at least +1 LA in 3.5 terminology.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-03-23 at 10:42 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, yeah, that's probably equal to at least +1 LA in 3.5 terminology.
    Eh, I just port it wholesale. And PF actually doesn't treat Race Points as level adjusting until you pass 20, IIRC. I mean, Aasimar are 15.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

And Fetchling are 17 RP, while more exotic races like Kasatha and Wyrwood are 20.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-03-23 at 10:54 AM.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

I, PsyBomb, do hearby grant permission (and request that it be PF).

EDIT: Link now properly active.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-03-23 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I just port it wholesale. And PF actually doesn't treat Race Points as level adjusting until you pass 20, IIRC. I mean, Aasimar are 15.
    Fair point, but remember that 3.5 Aasimar also carry an LA. (Unless you're using Lesser Aasimar, because why aren't you using Lesser Aasimar?)

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    And Fetchling are 17 RP, while more exotic races like Kasatha and Wyrwood are 20.
    Well, now I almost feel like I should have gone straight construct.

Except not.

Still, I suppose that leaves it within the "yes, this is playable" range. So kudos to our death-prone mechanical reptile overlords!

29. - Top - End - #29

Permission granted, this stuff's great for optimization rudisplork.

Threadnaught.
    Last edited by Threadnaught; 2015-03-23 at 11:05 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Going straight construct would be 20 RP in and of itself.
    Show