New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Retail: Sorta like dilbert (but different) in a shop

http://retailcomic.com/

The theme of upper management being greedy, selfish and stupid seems similar to Dilbert to me, but most of the rest is different. Updates seven days a week. The name of the chain of stores is "Grumbels", Delmans is the only named competitor to Grumbels that I'm aware of, I haven't yet trawled the archive. If you hate Xmas starting in August etc., that's frequently mentioned in this comic.

Characters:

Marla is the competant store manager, promoted from under manager when Stuart became area manager.

Stuart is a twit, and lover of the corporate head office, anything "corporate" says he loves, especially if it's idiotic, which it often is.

There are five or six more main characters, and probably over a dozen fixed characters in total, with a lot of random customers who show up once and disappear after being goofy, or not being goofy, as the case may be.

http://retailcomic.com/comics/october-25-2018/

Why is Stuart so happy, this should be a demotion, how is he that blind? Corporate may have disguised a pay cut as no raise this year, but he ought to know it's not good.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2018-10-27 at 12:08 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Retail: Sorta like dilbert (but different) in a shop

I'll read it. I'll have to work through a few issues with my old job so this might help.
    Note: They mention a "Cooper's Retail blog" which used to be a real thing, but the blog is lost to history now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

First couple comics are pretty good. And it's a huge archive! Thanks for sharing this.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

The main cast will actually change pretty significantly over time too - there are arc specific characters bigger than some of the listed main cast people during their arcs, character roles change, and it's very much not just a gag a day comic - other than the sunday strips, which are there to take into account the functionality of newspaper comic sections.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.