New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

wink For Discworld Fans

I think it would be interesting to roleplay a Black Ribboner. Any thoughts on what class and skills would be most fitting, alignment, etc?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

--Adam Savage

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: For Discworld Fans

...That depends. What sort of character would this vampire be, exactly? Just because he abstains from drinking blood doesn't mean a thing.

He'd probably be neutral, if it's even possible for a vampire to change alignments.

And don't forget the replacement obsession. This might help you decide on a class if you decide on what your vampire is obsessed with instead of blood.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe make it an acquired trait? +4 on saves to avoid feeding, and +2 on diplomacy checks or something?
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

This seems to me like something totally crunch-independent. In other words, say what you like, it probably won't affect your character all too much.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Discworld vampires would be sophisticated, high Cha, high Int characters. The obsession which replaces bloodlust could easily traslate to Wizard, if it was magical study and power, or Bard if it were song and poetry, or any obscure Craft or Knowledge skill.

A Beguiler would be a great choice, since they'd have all the right stats, the sophistication, and they could get their "fix" from the rush of fooling people. pLus, the disguise, diplomacy and escape capabilities of a Beguiler would be great in the case that the villagers decided to blame the vampire for an unsolved murder and tried the whole Pitchforks and Torches routine.
    Out of wine comes truth, out of truth the vision clears, and with vision soon appears a grand design. From the grand design we can understand the world. And when you understand the world, you need a lot more wine.