Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World IV

[Garganta Void]

Momoka nods and gives a slight smile, following the path onwards without a hesitation, sticking her hands in her sleeves.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Above Las Noches

Quidel's Cero illuminates undersides of the other planes, turbulence caused by it making the second plane if formation shake violently. The pilot speaks to his radio. <"Hawk, this is eagle. We've been spotted. Expecting interception. Over.">

Meanwhile, the first plane continues on its way, making a wide circle to turn around. Jehoel shreds the first two bombs, sprinkling the non-aerozolized fuel inside them around and causing it to fall on roof of Las Noches like rain. Above, the Primera Espada can see flashes of light in rapid succession as the second and third planes also release their fuel bombs. This time, the pilots are expecting interference. If Jehoel destroys the bombs from the second plane also, the pilot of the third is ready to detonate his prematurely to catch Jehoel in the explosion.

---

[In the Void]

Momoka was succesful in her attempts to gain attention. Maybe too succesful, as moment after she and Argos have left, one of the awakened Sin Rostro who's been making their way to Soul Society arrives on the spot. It glances after the Shinigami and the proto-modsoul with one of its many eyes, then traces the path Momoka made back to her origin point. It reopens the Garganta she made and steps through.

---

[Soul Society]
    IntSec training grounds

Meanwhile, the divided bodies of the awakened Sin Rostro who Setsurou tried to hire as an ambassador have been eating, sparring, playing go with stones they found lying on the ground, and goofing off in various other ways. Now, they all stand up in unison and look at the direction of Command Division Headquarters.

"Oooh! The others! They finally came to pick us up!", the little one exlaims joyfully. The larger and more serious entity smacks its hand against the forehead of its mask. "Oh crap. There goes the neighbourhood. We better do something before things get out of hand." The 55 bodies arrange in an arrowhead formation, then vanish in a blur as they hurry to meet up with their comrade.

---

Meanwhile, before Command HQ

A black-clad form with snakes for hair and way too many eyes stands with its arms crossed, giving appraising looks to the buildings around. "So this is heaven?", it remarks. "Looks awfully disappointing to me. Now, were would those useless fools happen to be at...?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

[Command Division grounds]

"Well, strictly speaking you're not in the civilian part of heaven, so of course it's going to be disappointing."

A man in a black shihakusho and white haori responds to this particular Sin Rostro.

"Are you looking for someone?"
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2015-04-12 at 10:55 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

"Maybe." The voice comes from the snake on the creature's right shoulder. "That haori looks out-of-place. Are you the local head honcho?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

[Command Division grounds]

"Eh, I guess you could say that.

What seems to be the problem?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

At this point, the roofs and streets nearby become populated by fifty-four black-clad forms with Hollow masks covering their heads.

The fifty-fifth, comparable to a twelve-year-old child in build and size, tackles the legs of the newcomer and, apparently, gives it a hug. "Nice seeing you, brother!"

The snake-haired creature remains unflinching despire of the surprise attack. It doesn't even look at the smaller being, which is in itself a feat considering how many eyes it has pointing in different directions. "That is stretching the definition quite far, we'd say", it snarls. "Why are you even separated?"

"Because a nice Shinigami asked us, silly!", the small one replies. "Or was it that a Shinigami asked us nicely...? I forget...."

At this point, a larger masked humanoid, built like a grown man, coughs and steps in. "We've been offered a formal position in the ranks of Gotei. We'd rather you not screw things up, you know?"

The snake-haired creatures looks at the larger humanoid, then turns to Koutarou, pointing to the horizon with its left index finger. "Those walls. They're not ordinarily down, are they?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

"A necessity, I'm afraid. We are in outer space. Those walls are keeping our atmosphere in place." He could be wrong, but he seems to believe otherwise.

"You must be the draftees Hishikawa mentioned in his latest report. I thought you were all at the Internal Security Training Grounds. Do you always move as a unit?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

The small humanoid lets go of the snake-haired one and gives Koutarou a puzzled look. "What's an unit?" The larger humanoid sighs. "I believe that question has not been answered yet."

The snake-haired one ignores the others, still looking at Koutarou. "Not what we meant. Four years ago, when your... planet was still intact. Where were they then?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

"That should be relatively simple to discover. Just try sending one of your more sensible members walking in a certain direction a few blocks away. If the rest of you follows, then you literally can't separate that far."

Turning to the other question at hand...

"I'm... not entirely sure. I think they were hanging in the air, ready to come down. The mechanism has never been explained to me.

Why's that so interesting to you?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

"Can you point us to someone who's had it explained to them, then?", the snake-haired being asks, ignoring Koutarou's question. Meanwhile, the other ignore it. "On your orders, sir!", the larger humanoid replies... and then there's the sound of fifty-five people rapidly leaving to just as many different directions. Only the child-like humanoid is left behind, spinning around in place before stumbling and falling down. "Huh?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

"...I said one." Koutarou notes as a sweatdrop amasses at the back of his head.

But back to the curious stranger. Koutarou reaches for the child-like humanoid, to place her upon his shoulder.

"I suppose I could, but you'll understand if I say I really shouldn't. Not without better knowing who and what you are.

Or how you got here, for that matter."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

"Wheee~", the little humanoid exclaims, swinging its feet back and forth joufully. For a moment, the snake-haired creature just stares at it and Koutarou, as if what the Commander-General just did is some horrible violation of common sense.

"You... know that's not... a real child, right?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

"Your point being? The little one's happy." Koutarou noted with a bit of a shrug.

"Really, you hang on to the most ludicrous details. So long as no one is getting hurt, and nothing is being damaged, what's the harm?

How about you, kid? You having fun?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

The masked little humanoid looks down on Koutarou with its red, gleaming eyes. "Sure, Uncle Whatever." Hmmm, maybe not the most flattering of monikers.

The snake-haired being shakes its head. "Sure, keep thinking like that. I'm sure it'll work out just fine for you."

"Oooh! Sarcasm!", the little one exclaims cheerfully.

The snake-haired one sighs, then shrugs. "For someone who's apparently offering them a job, you seem to know glaringly litte. Or, you're playing dumb. By all rights, you should know who and what we are by now."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

"I know you're not part of this particular 'collective'." Koutarou replied. "Besides, they were fairly forthcoming with the answers, and you're not doing that right now. So you'll understand if I'm more inclined to trust them over you, right?"

This wasn't a threat or anything of the sort.

"Far as I'm aware, you and your 'brothers' were not given a specific purpose in life. We here at Seireitei are offering to fill that void. How about you? You're not here entirely by coincidence either, are you?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Some of the creature's eyes look at the small humanoid rocking back and forth on Koutarou's shoulders. "If they've been forthcoming, I'm not sure you've been asking them the right sort of questions." It turns its head towards the walls. "A woman, around 170 centimeters tall, dreadlocks, lots of piercings, pale as paper. Saw her on the way. Do you think she could tell me where those walls come from?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

"She might. But only when she returns.

If you intend to go after her, I'm afraid I'd have to stop you."
    Koutarou replies grimly.

"I don't begrudge you your curiosity. But she's not in a task we can afford to blunder into right now."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why would we go after her? This is her home. It's much easier for us to just wait for her return." The creature turns back to Koutarou. "Though I wonder what business she has with a servant of, ahem, 1st Ghost King of All Hollows. Or whatever that title was."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, not to be rude, but it's none of yours now, is it?" The Commander was growing ever-so-slightly irritated.

"Your companions may have had no purpose, but you clearly do. So you'll tell me, or I'll have to expel you from these grounds."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

The creature shrugs. "We suppose it's not." It lifts a foot as if to take a step, then freezes and glances down. "Hmmm." It puts its foot back down and then sits cross-legged on the ground. "My purpose, obviously, is to wait for that pale-faced woman to get back. Do send our regards if you see her before we do." Then, it closes its eyes.

The small humanoid on Koutarou's shoulder glances down at the Shinigami again. "I don't think they're gonna budge without making an incident. They're stubborn like that."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

"What more can you tell me about them?" Koutarou asks of the smaller humanoid. More than one way of getting information about someone.

"I'll have to keep you under observation as you wait, just so you know. Of course, I can't do that personally. But thankfully I know someone who knows someone. Relax, you won't even know they're here.

Onmitsukidou. You know your job."

Huh, he's right. If there's anyone here, damn if they can't hide REALLY well.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

[Hueco Mundo]
    Battlefield

With her floata charging in Kyoki follows them slowly walking across the battlefield with fighting and explosions raging around her. She closes her eyes as now she is in her element once more. Her fellow arrancar would be somewhat resistant to her madness. The insurgents who were fighting them? Perhaps not so much. After all she had put on such a confident face in front of Jehoel. What was that saying that Tinja had used to inspire her? 'Fake it until you make it'? Well this part she wouldn't have to fake in the least.

Releasing her aura of madness Kyoki let it spread out from her like a suffocating mist a grin finding it's way to her face. She clenches her right hand around Ragunaroku's weapon form and hold it forward pointing at a bulk of the enemy forces with her allies clear. Reiatsu gathers at the tip of the blade and emits a purple light, becoming dense to the point of being almost black.

"Cero."

With that whispered word Kyoki using Ragunaroku lets the energy fly and hit the forces she was aiming at the powerful blast blowing a large whole in the enemy formation if not stopped.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Los Arrancares y Los Espada
    Show

[QUOTE=Dorizzit;18783850]Hueco Mundo
    Palacio Real

Jehoel looks up from his desk the instant the howitzers emerge from the shadows, and for a brief instant confusion is visible on his face. Recovering, his stands and begins moving to the doors of his office. Snapping his fingers, he opens a set of Garganta screens connecting him to the other Espada, then snaps his fingers again to make sure that he has their full attention despite the unexpected enemy attack.

"I'm sure that I don't need to tell anyone that we are currently under attack."

Orienting the screens behind him, Jehoel opens another screen to the captain of the gate guard.

"Captain. Please illuminate us on the situation."

The guard salutes. In the background, the pounding fire of shells impacting the walls can be heard.

"They came out of the shadows, sir, very literally. We have no way to know the size of their forces, and they could pull reinforcements out of the air. Outside of Las Noches, this is their game. Right now they have a set of about ten howitzers laying down fire. No visible defenses."
    "Thank you, captain. Hold position, and reinforce the doors."

Jehoel deactivates the screen to the captain and surrounds himself with the Espada screens once more.

"Tinja, take a force and meet them immediately. Take your fastest and try to capture or destroy their weapon emplacement. Turiel, I am placing my Flota under your control. Coordinate with Kyoki and Valentina and take the main bulk of our forces into a direct conflict with theirs. Our troops are superior. Break their tools, and their army will follow. As always, enemy weapon emplacements and POIs are priority one and should be pursued personally. The enemy has displayed an intent to deceive. I will remain within the city; I expect they will attempt to use my district as an entry point. I will ensure that their efforts prove...fruitless. Any objections?"

[Inside Las Noches]
    Previous to the Garganta from Jehoel opened, Valentina was lost in thought. She seems to have been doing that a lot lately. Fortunately, as time went on, her thoughts became deeper, no longer just superficial thoughts. They became the kind that you can get truly lost in, such that not even the shells pounding on the walls could draw her out. It was only Jehoel's voice piercing her mind that jostled her out of the thoughts.
    How long has she been there doing that? She can't even remember. What's that sound hitting the walls of Las Noches?

She clears her cloudy mind by the time Jehoel speaks again to them. "No objections," she says, shaking her head. "I can do that."

Of course, still moderately dazed, it takes her slightly longer than the others to get her fleet together.

Soon enough, however, her and her troops come out after Kyoki. Not right behind, obviously; they circle farther around to flank and split the Quincies' attention. Valentina, La Sexta Espada, herself goes right in the middle of her fleet. Approaching the tanks and the group, she thinks through what she should do. Those tanks, if she goes in her Resurreccion, she could probably crush right through them. The shells could probably blast her right open if they hit her square on hard enough. Why are they here? What's their purpose attacking right here? What are they getting out of attacking? Might this have to do with --? No. Concentrate. Stop getting lost in your thoughts. Focus. Focus on getting to those tanks. Don't be distracted.

Obviously, spending the time to go around flanking is going to take even longer than charging directly at them. So there's that.

Spoiler: Der Zerreißen Himmel
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

[Later; outside Las Noches]

The silence of the eternal night is broken by the most unusual of sounds - the rumbling of tank engines. Where just a second ago there was just faint shadows cast by nearby dunes and the moonlight, suddenly there are a dozen threaded howitzers. The take position behind the dunes and align their guns to shoot at the gate of Las Noches. Though the megastructure of the dome is clearly visible, it's still almost ten miles away - just at the edge of the artillery's range. It doesn't matter, though - their target is far too big to miss.

A sound like approaching thunder, but a dozen times worse, echoes through the dark as the first barrage is let loose. It's unlikely it will breach a structure that weathered the recent storm of meteors - but there will be many more to come.

At the first sight of enemy movement, fifteen more tanks spring out of the darkness, modern battle tanks modeled after the M1 Abrams. They form three wedge formations, each approaching the gate from a different angle. Their primary weapons are, for the moment, fixed at the gate, even as their secondary weapons prepare to rip through enemy infantry. It's time to see how modern inventions of man stand up against the iron skin of Arrancars.

[Outside Las Noches]

Caeyrn and the 2nd infantry battalion - the group that Torahiko and the Sklaverei, Demetrio, are in - march in the shadows coming from the same direction that the armored tanks came from. They are, of course, much farther behind: too far to be caught up in the ensuing battle. In fact, the are also a couple miles off to the left, so that when they do arrive, they'll arrive in a tactically sound position, likely completely undetected, rather than in the wake of destruction.

"Remember:" Caeyrn says to those with him. "Remember, hold your position and wait. We will clean up after the tanks and we are the reinforcements. Don't let them notice us, only pick off stragglers." All this marching continues to give him time to think. He's been doing nearly too much thinking recently. He's had to call the shots. Years ago, Caeyrn had pretty much left his Quincy heritage behind and took up only acting because he didn't want the responsibility of leading and making the tough decisions. Now...he's back in that position. He has to decide who to send to their deaths and who to send to be heroes, whether the Belenus should work towards the success of the Zerreißen Himmel or to internally work for their weakness and betray them at the right time, how many people have to die before they act, the future of the Belenus, which of these half-human half-monsters they should leave be, which they should kill, and which they should capture...they'

Coincidentally, the 2nd infantry battalion arrives just in time to see Valentina and her flota pass just in front of them. In the shadows, they remain undetected. If only she had been paying more attention, she might have noticed the increase in shadows behind the flota of Arrancares.

"Wait for just the right time."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Soul Society]
    Seireitei - Gotei HQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "What more can you tell me about them?" Koutarou asks of the smaller humanoid. More than one way of getting information about someone.

"I'll have to keep you under observation as you wait, just so you know. Of course, I can't do that personally. But thankfully I know someone who knows someone. Relax, you won't even know they're here.

Onmitsukidou. You know your job."

Huh, he's right. If there's anyone here, damn if they can't hide REALLY well.
    In these surroundings, the best place to hide might be in plain sight. They're in the heart of Soul Society's military life, after all. Who's to say the Duty Officer watching from the window isn't one of the spies? Nevermind that there could be a dozen security cameras aimed at the sitting creature without it knowing.

"Um... um... they like strawberries? I think?" the little humanoid answers after much of, ahem, "thinking". It seems the Commander has overestimated how helpful his little friend can be. Or, maybe he has to ask slightly more specific questions.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

"What's his personality like? Does he lie a lot? I noticed he's stubborn."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

Hueco Mundo
    Above Las Noches

Jehoel, now fully prepared for this mode of attack, has a far more effective response than striking the bombs out of the air with his hands. Holding up both hands towards the incoming projectiles, Jehoel creates a series of Gargantas in the path of each weapon, capturing them in free fall. Immediately afterwards, he opens the other end of the portals directly over the artillery positions of the Zerreißen Himmel, attempting to turn their own weapons against them. As the planes pass, Jehoel reaches one hand towards them.

"Cero Lluvia."

A sphere of energy charges in Jehoel's hands, which erupts into thousands of thin tendrils that race towards the planes, blanketing the sky and leaving little room to dodge or evade.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Before Gotei HQ

The little one thinks, holding its right index finger before the mouth of its mask. "Well they're kind of spoilsports, if you know what I mean?", it says. "And they don't lie any more than I do."

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Above Las Noches

The pilot of the third plane notices something's wrong when Jehoel stops moving. <"Eagle, Raven! Detonate your bombs!"> He then detonates his, exploding them just as the Gargantas open before them. Jehoel is partially shielded from the explosion, but the flames ignite the fuel from the destoyed bombs, creating small fires on the roof of Las Noches.

The pilot of the second plane wasn't quite as fast. His bombs disappear into the darkness, and nothing is seen of them for a moment. Then, when the portals at the other end open, they belch out a gusts of flame, the shockwave toppling one of the tanks and blasting a number of Quincy Soldaten and Arrancars fighting at the dunes.

Having discharged their bombs, the planes scatter. The fourth plane just manages to release its fuel bombs, when Jehoel releases his scattershot. Both the bombs and the fighter are eradicated by the strike. The two former planes narrowly avert the counterstrike, flying fast into opposite directions.

At this point, the first plane has completed its turn, and approaches Jehoel's district from the Arrancar's four'a'clock. Deprived of its fuel bombs, it lets loose a series of rockets, each containing a payload of white phosphorous.

28. - Top - End - #88

[Hueco Mundo]
    Above Las Noches

Jehoel pivots towards the approaching plane indifferently, launching a bala at the pilot's head with pinpoint precision. At the same time, he charges up and releases another Cero LLuvia in an attempt to destroy the rockets.

The Ground

Near to Kyoki, an object similar to a meteor slams into the ground, creating a massive crater and buffeting Kyoki with the force of the impact. All around her, forces of both sides are sent flying, screaming and dying by the explosion. When the dust clears, the source becomes obvious: a thick chunk of ice, containing the imprisoned Tinja Corva, who has been impaled through the chest. A few seconds later, a tired Quincy alights on the ice from above. Nikolina Kummerow takes a few moments to rest, kneeling and breathing heavily. Her bow hangs slackly in one hand, and she doesn't seem to have noticed Kyoki yet.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society - Before Gotei HQ]

"And how much do you lie?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Gotei HQ

The little humanoid places a hand on its heart - or where its heart should be, if it was a real girl - and lifts the other up in the air as if swearing an oath. "Me, I'm the very image of honesty. I would never tell a lie, Uncle Whatever." It is, rather obviously, lying.

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Above Las Noches

The pilot of the 1st plane is just in process of turning his plane when the Bala pierces through the top of his cockpit. The front of the plane is shattered by the force and the plane nosedives down, crashing against the wall of Primera District in two seconds. Jehoel's second scattershot intercepts the rockets, but they are much smaller targets than the bombs and planes were. Six out of eight rockets are destroyed, their lethal contents turning into an expanding cloud of smoke and molten-hot material slowly drifting towards the ground. The remaining two rockets fly past the edge of the hole in the roof, disappearing from view. Presumably, they'll explode and spread their contents on the jungle below.

Meanwhile, the 2nd and 3rd planes turn to fire at Jehoel, approaching him from his two'o'clock and 9'o'clock. With a malicous whir the barrels of their machineguns begin spinning and the air becomes filled with hundreds of 20 mm bullets. The 3rd plane also lets loose its rockets, not so much trying to hit Jehoel with them but rather hoping they'll fly past him and down to his district.

Above the cloud cover, the Nachfolger have been flying in an arrowhead formation with wings granted by their Vertrauen, like a flock of giant birds. Their leader sees the tendrils of Jehoel's first Cero Lluvia pierce the clouds ahead of them. <"Enemy AAA spotted. Prepare to dive">, he speaks to his radio, transmitting the knowledge to those following him. Then, he folds his wings and dives sharply down, manifesting his bow on the way. Soon, Jehoel can see three dozen small, pale dots appear high above him. Then the three dozen dots become many many dots as the Quincies begin firing, aiming to blanket vast portions of the roof with their arrows.