Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    The Garden of Twilight:The Order of Dusk Courtyard - Capitas

    They sat upon the stone steps that led up into the temple-proper. Mayli's small hands worked quickly as she secured the silken armor over Mako's small frame. She paused, finishing the final knot.

    She rose from her kneeling posture to examine her work. The soft clink of the wolves paws dirupted the odd, unnatural quiet of the courtyard. The four large beasts strutted down the last 15ft of stone steps and waited upon the marble walk way the surrounded the Garden of Twilight. The Order of the church, trained, killed, executed, recruited upon these seemingly sterile, quiet grounds. The large rectangular setting, was a stone garden of small white pebbles. Strange circular patterns were raked into their surface, yet left no footprints nor sign of the artist who arranged them in such a way. To step upon the sacred ground was a sign of acknowledging battle within The Order of Dusk. Simply placing a foot upon the pebbles was a sign the battle had begun, and was never done lightly....

    Mayli walked down the steps and took a right turn, walking along the 10 ft marble parameter that surrounded The Garden. Her wagon, 'The Dawnhammer' was carefully parked next to the Temple. As she walked inside, she spoke over her shoulder to her friend;

    " Dearest, Dear. That thine hath nat worth preve in entertaining this dorste. That ich would name it folly. A dorste of childhede long to be due to be named forgot. That ich ever shalt stand als thine venial guardian. Ever. Always. "

    The rummaged through her things. fitting her massive longsword to her back. Lifting the massive hammer from it's resting place above the bar, collapsing it down to fit upon the back of her waist, like an anvil with a handle. She took a swig of something from a flask, and threw it back into the wagon... teapanche most likely. She grabbed her shield and threw it across her back, over her sword. Stuffed a small number of items into the stack upon her back, and stepped into the wagon, opening a dusty chest that creaked painfully. From it she removed a black, bloodstained, ebon-gauntlet. Steel bands ran around the massive clawed fist. A titanic, blood-rusted ring was lifted from the box with the other hand. She walked out of the Wagon, a dreary look across her face. She lifted up the massive chackram blade. two- sections of it on either side we rusted and dull, as if they were handles. Still the 4ft circumference of the blade was not something to be to be trifled with... She threw down the ring into the ground, where it cleaved into the stone with a resounding sharp *CHINK*.

    She lifted up the massive black-steel fist, fitting it over her hand. An old weapon. The signature armament of an assassin, a Dusk Agent. Normally the ring would be fitted over the back of her fore-arm and fist, creating a brutal weapon, designed to eviscerate their prey. But such was not needed for this duel. This was about teaching little Mako a lesson. To make her understand. She had to know, that she didn't need to fight. That she would protect her. And she'd make that point... here.. now. Whatever the cost....

    She snapped a rusty metal lock in place... never breaking her gaze with her. Then another... a slight pause. Then another. She smiled. *CRINK*. The final steel lock fell in place. It was easy enough to get the damned thing off, but putting it on, was a chore.

    Her gaze darkened.... began to empty. Like the water of empathy and live was slowly being bled away from her thoughts. A look she was familiar with... a calm emotionless terrifying brewing, of silent thunder. She stepped from side to size, slowly approaching, singling in words she could not understand, some terrible profane language. Like a hiss, like a curse. The light around her face began to visibly darken;

    " Orbdrin d'jal jindurnen......
    Ter'rol d'Ter'rol. Isto d'Istos.....
    Piwafwi uns'aa.... sslig'ne uns'aa...
    ....qua'laen ussta 'chev "


    She stopped he gait at the side of one of her hounds. Vigil. Ever loyal, whose ears rose during his master's dark chant. She ran a hand through his mane. Though her face was dark and terrible. Shades of errire shadow and mist cloaked her visage and form. Like some unearthly aura.

    " Come now lovely, Do what thy will. Make ready thine arms.... And step to the garden when thy find thyself fitting and braced. "

    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Equipped Song of Gales.
    Gathered Equipment.
    Cast Haunted Fey Aspect

    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    THE GARDEN OF TWILIGHT:
    The garden is a 500ft by 250ft massive flat ground filled with pebbles much like a Japanese rock garden, however, no large rocks populate this space. The battle will begin when one PC enters the Garden. Make any preparations you'd like before entering the Garden. There is no 'count-down'. Entering the garden begins the duel.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    Makoto
    AC 16 (until she acts, at which point it returns to 20)
    HP 17


    Glad for the help, knowing that her friend could've decided to abuse their relationship to force her to fight unarmored or worse, Makoto quickly stretches her arms and legs to make sure that nothing is stiff while Mayli makes herself ready. I have to win here. I am not some weakling who needs to be protected. I needed help then, but I'm stronger now, and I can help keep her safe as much as she can help me.

    Drawing the Aria of Castigation, the tiefling examines the blade, making sure that it's free of stains, a pointless gesture given that she cleans the blade as often as she can, but one that does anyway. Tossing the rest of her gear into the wagon with her tail, save for the spell component pouch tied to her waistband, she hesitates only for a moment before casting a simple spell and creating a shimmering barrier in front of her. Turning to Mayli she speaks up, "We do not have to do this, you know. I do not want to hurt you, all you have to do is let me fight alongside you."

    Still, Makoto had traveled with Mayli for years now, she knew what her dearest friend's answer would be and stepped up into the arena before hearing her answer, taking on a combat stance. I'll just have to beat her without harming her. I wonder if she knows how well I know her weak points?

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative (1d20+7)[11]


    Edit;
    Forgot to mention in the spoilered section that the spell I cast was Shield
    Last edited by Desril; 2015-03-16 at 04:22 PM.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    HP 17/17
    AC 17 - DR 1/Cold Iron
    [Haunted Fey Aspect: Round 2/2]
    [Expeditious Retreat: Speed; 70ft - Round 120/120; 2 min]
    [Battle Dance: +2 Hit/+2 Damage; 7/7]


    She smiles, speaking playfully.

    " Dear girl, Ich moved to speakith and yield, in accord with thine terms. Yet in such haste, thine foot has tread upon blisful soil, and thus must be parafit in everideel. "

    She chuckled playfully, her words in obvious jest. She raised her free hand and touched her forhead, with a ritualistic movement. She sung in a sing-song voice yet again. Dark foreboding words, and danced and hissed with a dark energy about them. It carried with it a mist, that encircled her, and flickeled outwards, turning into a golden shimmer with the completion of the abyssal song.

    " ....Su'aco zhah su'aco,
    'zil tiuin'iona lassrinne....
    .....Usstan tlun l'maral. Usstan tlun l'su'aco


    Her free arm reached around and donned her heavy steel shield. But rather then stepping into the garden to do battle. She began to sing. She began to spin, in circle step around herself, lifting both hands into the air, as if the dreadful-massive bloodstained hunk of steel grasped the hand of another. She spun and spun, viciously. Stopping abruptly. Violently again, but in the other direction. A wind began to pick up, and kick her hair about, as if some arcane force was beginning to manifest. Never stepping within the ring. She began to spin and leap, with short vicious cyclonic twirls. She began to sing, Stopping abruptly, leaving her hands out to her side, palms faced away from Mako. A wide and powerful stance.... fearsome. The Gale continued it's dance about her, as if some spirit lept and pranced about her. An elemental of wind. She raised her head high to the clear blue sky, and began to sing. She recognized the song, she had heard it before. It's hum invoking memories of time's she was bound to never retell.... The night of her fiance to be was executed. She began the song aloud.

    Verse 1 - Battle Dance [ Round 7/7 ]

    Sky Burial;


    " Fade into stars....
    As god machines....
    With our arms...
    We will shape the world.

    With this breath...
    We become the world. "


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move Action- Battle Dance
    Standard Action- Expeditious Retreat
    (No Initiative Roll)

    Spoiler: OOC OOC
    Show
    Yup. More buffing. To lay on the cheese.



  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    Makoto - Shield (9 rounds), Arcane pool (10 rounds)
    AC 20
    HP 17


    Letting her friend start her dance, she starts to speak, "Oh, this is..." but cannot finish due to the compulsion to never speak of the event. Pacing inside the garden, she makes ready, empowering her blade with arcane energy and rapidly going over combat strategies, finally deciding on a particular course of action as she watches her friend's legwork.

    "Come now, it is time we started, is it not, dearest," she says with a playful tone, emulating Mayli earlier, "Unless you would like to concede?

    Spoiler
    Show

    Readied Action to cast Grease under you when you are 10ft from me after entering the arena. Let's see you beat that DC 15 reflex save
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    Reflex Save (1d20+0)[16]
    Acrobatics (1d20-4)[12]

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    Initiative (1d20-2)[4]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    HP 21/17
    AC 15 (17) - DR 1/Cold Iron
    [Haunted Fey Aspect: Round 1/2]
    [Expeditious Retreat: Speed; 70ft - Round 119/120; 2 min]
    [Battle Dance: +2 Hit/+2 Damage; Round 6/7]

    [Blood-Rage: +4 Str/+4 Con/+2 Will/ -2 AC - Round 5/5]

    She continued her song as a dark crackle and jolt of energy raced threw her body. Her white hair ran into a pitch ebon-black. Her eyes beamed with arcane energy glowing brightly like that of some native outsider. The small crimson sparks of electricity danced in the wind as she continued her verse, taking a step forward. Then another. Then she charged forward....

    With a violent burst of speed, she tore off from the sacred marble road that encircled the arena. She would win.. she had to. No matter what. The wind raced through her pitch hair, as she made her violent approach. Just as she closed in upon her friend, the arcane-swordswomen through out a hand, enchanting the ground with an unpleasantly slick and treacherous surface. Clumsily she skipped and spun in her dance barely regaining her footing, then resuming her offensive rush. Transitioning with a less graceful, more barbaric, hulking rush, shifting her weight from left to right with each step, like a massive charging wrestler through muddy fields might. She Lifted her shield up defensively as she raised her massive gauntlet to strike with the dense blunt weapon. She loudly sound out her following verse over her shield as she struck down at the tiefling.

    Verse 2 - Battle Dance [ Round 6/7 ]

    Sky Burial;



    " ...In parts I lie, staring at the clouds.
    And listening to the vultures sing!
    The husk beneath this shroud...
    Brings alms to fallow wings! "


    Spoiler: OOC + Attack
    Show
    Charge Canceled. Move half speed into melee.
    ATTACK WITH STEEL FIST OF DOOM (Non-Lethal)
    To hit: BAB 4 + 2 Rage + 2 Battle Dance (+8)
    Maintain Battle Dance - Free Action
    Attack (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage (2d8+7)[15]
    Critical Threat (1d20+8)[9]
    Critical Damage (4d8+14)[26]


    EDIT: Rounds
    Last edited by Mornings; 2015-03-17 at 11:13 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    Makoto - Shield (8 rounds), Arcane pool (9 rounds)
    AC 20
    HP 17


    Disappointed, if impressed, that May'li had managed to stay on her feet after running straight into the grease trap, Makoto refused to be caught off guard. Knowing that a single blow to the head would likely be enough to disable her and cost her the fight, she dashes to the side, ducking the blow and moving into a better position as she swings her blade at May'li's side, left exposed from her charge. "You leave yourself open too much, be more cautious," she teasingly chides the woman trying to teach her a lesson as she strike at her.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dodging Panache to get +2 AC and evade the attack.
    Panache 7/8 remaining

    Attacking May'li (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage (1d8+5)[9]


    Parry the next attack (1d20+8)[15]
    I'll roll riposte if needed later, and if the Parry doesn't work but Dodge can, I'll do that. Yaaaay Panache.
    Last edited by Desril; 2015-03-17 at 11:31 AM.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    HP 13/17
    AC 15 (17)
    [Black Blood-Rage: +1d6 Frost; Round 2/2]
    [Expeditious Retreat: Speed; 70ft - Round 118/120; 2 min]
    [Battle Dance: +2 Hit/+2 Damage; Round 5/7]

    [Blood-Rage: +4 Str/+4 Con/+2 Will/ -2 AC - Round 4/5]

    The blade cut fairly deep. She could no longer hear her friends voice. The thick black inkor of her blood ran to the ground, hissing as it landed, leaving small frozen patches on upon the stones. A violent, visceral tremor ran through her body. Her skin became pale and deathly. Eyes glazed over and blackening, until they appeared as pools of pitch. Wells, of black water. The freezing black liquid ran down her face, like tears. She unleashed an inhuman howl, like that of some infernal creature, writhing in fury. She grasped her face, covering her monstrous form from sight, and with a violent, explosive step, she sprinted off, showering Mako with pebbles from the ground, uplifted by the supernatural speed and strength by with which she raced.

    She covered the distance blindingly quick. The tremulous nature of her halt caused wind and stones to blow past her, as she stood some 140ft away. Shaking her hands, throwing the black inkor all about her, freezing patches populating the ground. She threw her gauntlet and shield to the ground with a thunderous quake, audible from even the Tiefling's distance. She lifted her blackened hands wide and continued her song, beginning a haunting slow spin, almost... frightfully. Like some pale, blooded apparition.


    Verse 3 - Battle Dance [ Round 5/7 ]

    Sky Burial;


    "Vines spring from my blood...
    Wheat grows of my flesh and bone...
    The birds descend from above...
    To lift my body from the stone."


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Withdraw from combat [140ft]
    Free Action: Drop Weapon/Shield
    (Rectory) Immediate Action: Black Blood-Rage

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    Makoto - Shield (7 rounds), Arcane pool (8 rounds)
    AC 20
    HP 17


    Caught off guard by the sudden inhuman howl escaping her friend, along with eyes even blacker than her own, Makoto can't do anything to prevent Mayli's escape. Maybe I went too far...thinking back as her friend explained the rules of the duel before they'd started, she shakes her head, No, she told me to fight like I was trying to kill her. I'll hold back when she starts getting weaker, but she's stronger than that, she can take it...I'll just have to be careful now.

    Realizing she can't possibly catch up to the magically enhanced Mayli right now, she instead keeps her eyes on her friend while taking a few determined, slow steps around the grease puddle she conjured earlier, putting it between her and the bleeding Mayli as she takes up a readied stance. "You know that will not work on me! You humans might be vulnerable to a little chill, but I am stronger than that!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to put the grease between us to prevent charges, standing just on the edge of it so you'll have to stop inside it to attack me.

    Panache still at 7/8

    Readied Action: Attack when you get into melee (1d20+8)[20]
    Readied Damage: (1d8+5)[6]

    Parry if needed (1d20+8)[28]
    Riposte to be rolled as needed
    Dodge if you hit by 2 or less and I can't parry it.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    Leaping Charge Attack (1d20+8)[21]

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    HP 7/17
    AC 15 (17)
    [Black Blood-Rage: +1d6 Frost; Round 1/2]
    [Expeditious Retreat: Speed; 70ft - Round 117/120; 2 min]
    [Battle Dance: +2 Hit/+2 Damage; Round 4/7]

    [Blood-Rage: +4 Str/+4 Con/+2 Will/ -2 AC - Round 3/5]


    Her strategy was sound. Foolproof even... but it would not stop her, not now. She began slowly advancing... singing still. then moving, with quickened steps. Faster... then faster! Stepping off with an explosive kick the brought her streaming at her target, slightly off-setting herself as she drew the adamantine anvil-like weapon from her back. Spinning it once above her head sharply, the weapon's shaft violently exploded, extending outward, showing flickering sparks as she grasped the titanic weapon in both hands racing forward like a wild beast.

    Verse 4 - Battle Dance [ Round 4/7 ]

    Sky Burial;


    " A fair trade... my clay for a soul...
    So a pigeon thrives while I have passed.
    The mountain justly claims its toll.
    To break the raptors fast.

    Their shrieks soothe.. as siren calls,
    Their talons dancer s hands:
    Why angels don demon shawls...
    Is not for us to understand.

    I glide in feathers embrace...
    Their beaks beckoning the frost.
    To fly past the fog.
    To rise into grace.
    And join the loved ones we had lost...

    The falcons roost upon the wind.
    I meditate until the morn...
    Absorbing times I've loved..
    ....and sinned.
    At light...
    I wake....
    A BEING... REBORN! "



    She kicked off from the ground, a thunderous clap of force blasted the stones underfoot into fine dust. The centrifugal spinning motion as she sang madly whirling in a cyclonic-hammering-assault rang out through the courtyard. She felt the fine blade of her friend, snap out slashing into her side. But drunk in the heat of battle, the massive blunt head came around anyways. A collision of thunderous force. The cyclonic attack sent Mayli a clear 20ft through the air. Passing the 10ft arcane trap that had been employed against her already. She landed thounderously with her feet outspread wide, like some feral beast. She ran a hand across the black bleeding wound, painting the blood across her lips. Her hair long and black, her cloths frozen, white and colorless. Her skin bleached the parchment white of undeath...

    Spoiler: OOC ATTACK VS PARRY DC27
    Show

    (1d20+10)[18]


    She did not move, though she held the hammer out in one arm as if the other had gone limp, still in the air as if frozen. She did not look over her shoulder, yet spoke in a voice of command.

    " Be stille and listen!
    That ich witen thy be not symple and coy.
    That Ich witen thy seche this bataille in wolde......"


    She paused. As if in thought.... and her voice dropped in tone. Her massive hammer finally coming down to the ground with a thunderous clap as she fell to her knees;
    " .... a wolde. That'ith may nat avaunce......"
    She looked back over her shoulder, and smiled a pale face smile.
    " Oh, dear, oh dearest. My love. That shalt I never release you. Never see you brought to such grisly fate as he.... I would curse you, and curse you twice again, that I love you so. "

    She fell to the stones, with a heavy thud that contradicted her size.
    " Thusly.... once, before the sun... once before the noon sky. And once before the stars. May a weapon gras thine hand in battle...."

    She chuckled softly, as the dust and derbies smoked and puffed from her heavy breath. " I bless you.... fight as you will.... I curse you....to find that worth your strength. That only by my word, shall this word be made undone...."

    Rage Ends: HP 0/17

    [EDIT GRAMMER]
    Last edited by Mornings; 2015-03-17 at 04:32 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: The Song of Thunder and Night (Dark Horizon II)

    Makoto

    When May'li charged, Makoto knew what she had to do. A swift cut across the stomach, a parry at the right angle to deflect the blow, and carry that into another attack if she's still standing.

    After everything playing out exactly as planned and seeing Mayli fall to her knees, Makoto moves to help her friend and bind her wounds as she listens to her. Even as the cursed command takes hold and the implications of it prod at her brain, the tiefling can't help but push those feelings aside. Well, even if she's a sore loser, at least she stopped before she got too badly hurt, and at least now I can fight some without needing her permission.

    Shaking her head she pulls May'li into a worried and tight embrace, "I do not care, just please, do not make me hurt you like this again! From now on, please, just trust me..."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Pity May'li isn't worth any XP
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

    Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    . . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •