A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Playable Races!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    but insanity is so much better than sanity. you aren't held back by all those rules and limitations.
    I will not fall prey to your warped sense of reality, villain!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I will not fall prey to your warped sense of reality, villain!
    OtherPaladin-chan, you don't have to be so Lawful around me, do you?

Fine, as long as i can keep using squid girl gifs
    but insanity is so much better than sanity. you aren't held back by all those rules and limitations.
    Ugh, you were behaving for like 2 seconds!
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

OtherPaladin-chan, you don't have to be so Lawful around me, do you?
    I'm sorry... miss...(?) but the law must be enforced. A paladin's job is never done.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: My reaction
    Show
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-03-27 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Why are the battleborn listed under "A Dragon Did It"?
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Why aren't the Battleborn finished?

And are they all named Olfrid?

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'm sorry... miss...(?) but the law must be enforced. A paladin's job is never done.

1) I didn't see an LA.
    2) No LA seems a bit low.
    3) I didn't know whose name to put it under.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Snowbluff you're misusing the "A Dragon did it" category. That's for races that exist because a dragon made them.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Snowbluff you're misusing the "A Dragon did it" category. That's for races that exist because a dragon made them.
    *shrug* That category would be redundant for the purpose of displaying the races otherwise.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't believe in the use of LA, so I don't assign my races an LA. And suprisingly, they're only about 17 RP(What Fetchlings have). RP may very on how highly rated certain racial traits seem to be. Martial Scion could be anywhere from 3 RP to 6 RP, and the Bonus Feat they get ignores Pre-Reqs, so it's more powerful than the Static Bonus Feat standard trait, which is 2 RP, so I gave it a value of 3 RP, though the argument can be made for 4 RP.

I also made the Battleborn as a collective race for some of the major contributers to PoW, i.e. Keledrath, Elricaltovilla, and Lord_Gareth
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-03-27 at 07:44 PM.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Can I point out how silly it is to not believe in LA, but at the same time make an argument on RP that doesn't have a strong precedent?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-03-27 at 07:49 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Mhmm... Sure, while I agree that races like the Gargoyles or Drow Nobles should have some sort of penalty to their progression, the less strong races (read as anything 20 RP or below), shouldn't have a penalty for playing them. That's just bad game design, even if it is just used to deter players from using uncommon or "evil" races. I'm also just estimating on the RP cost, but there are only two racial abilities that do not have a corresponding RP cost in the Pathfinder Race Builder that I could find, the rest had actual values.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it so hard to gauge things like that in the game. The RP values aren't necessarily balanced against eachother, either.

14. - Top - End - #254

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Permission granted. This sounds fun.
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2015-03-27 at 08:16 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Ok, mistaken on who, exactly, coined the term but I was close on everything else. I'm a bard, not a wizard.
    Good news. I've found the origin of Rudisplorking.

I warn you to be careful how you react to what is on the other side of the rift, the mods don't like Rrudisplorking and only tolerate the Rudisplorkers' Guild because Orcus.

I need a better way to create the antithesis to chaos than just ripping off Illumians.
    Last edited by Threadnaught; 2015-03-27 at 09:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

(Every Atemu1234 race comes out as ate-(noun), which is funny to me).

Atemost

Backstory
    Spoiler
    Show

The Atemost, known as etherwraiths, are a race of creators. They arose hundreds of thousands of years ago in the mists of the ethereal, and can instinctively create new and vibrant species with their innate powers. This ability has made the Atemost revered by the races they create and despised by those their creations have supplanted. Some have ascribed the creation of the Elves, Humans, Dragons, and other natural creators to the Atemost. When told these stories they simply smile and refuse to verify or deny the story.

It is believed that when the Atemost desire to reproduce they simply create a new Atemost using their power, but this is not certain.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Atemost are beautiful but strange creatures. Born of the ethereal, they have skin which shifts between transparent and opaque black based on their emotions. An Atemost has no hair or other external stimuli, and the shape of their limbs is obscured by their skin.

Their skin is loose and twitches frequently, giving it the appearance of a flowing cape or gown. The Atemost's organs are luminescent, with each one a different color. Their organs are all identical except for placement, size and color, being perfectly spherical. The heart and brain are the most spectacular, being twice the size of the other organs and glowing a fierce red and blue respectfully.

There are 10 visible organs in the Atemost body, but other than the heart, brain and two green lungs they are not identified. The Atemost also contain a network of purple tubes which act both as veins and as a cartilaginous skeleton. These are always transparent and do not glow, making them difficult to spot in a living Atemost.

Society
    Spoiler
    Show

An Atemost lives a mostly isolationist life. Sexless and solitary, they have no instinctive desire to communicate with each other or see old creations. However each Atemost believes it is an artist seeking the creation of the true, divine art. This compels them to overlook their creations and protect them while they are yet new, and compete with each other for the best forms. Some Atemost believe perfection is in power, others in physical beauty according to their own aesthetic, and still others by their societies.

Some Atemost hate the forms created by their peers, and create life simply meant to purify the universe of imperfect art. These are the most evil of Atemost, genocidal and xenophobic. Some believe the violent and frightening Atemost mage Sthren created the Beholders as an attempt to create a perfect representation of his own xenophobia.

Racial Traits
    Spoiler
    Show

+4 Int, +2 Wisdom
    (SU) Craft Life
    Move 20
    Outsider
    Favored Class: Artificer
    LA +2

Create Life
    Spoiler
    Show

Create life creates an organism from the clouds of the ethereal plane. An Atemost can only create life when on the Ethereal plane and it takes 1000 GP and 1 week per HD of the creature created.

Note: Use the Eidolon creation rules, with the Atemost being treated as a Summoner of equivalent level to their HD. The "Eidolon" is permanent and free willed once created, but starts with a friendly disposition towards the Atemost. The created form's type can be changed by spending 2 evolution points, and if it is not an Undead, Construct, or Outsider they can reproduce if a second one of the opposite sex is made.

Note: I originally made my own rules for Create Life, but this seemed simpler.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2015-03-27 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    (Every Atemu1234 race comes out as ate-(noun), which is funny to me).

Atemost

Backstory
    Spoiler
    Show

The Atemost, known as etherwraiths, are a race of creators. They arose hundreds of thousands of years ago in the mists of the ethereal, and can instinctively create new and vibrant species with their innate powers. This ability has made the Atemost revered by the races they create and despised by those their creations have supplanted. Some have ascribed the creation of the Elves, Humans, Dragons, and other natural creators to the Atemost. When told these stories they simply smile and refuse to verify or deny the story.

It is believed that when the Atemost desire to reproduce they simply create a new Atemost using their power, but this is not certain.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Atemost are beautiful but strange creatures. Born of the ethereal, they have skin which shifts between transparent and opaque black based on their emotions. An Atemost has no hair or other external stimuli, and the shape of their limbs is obscured by their skin.

Their skin is loose and twitches frequently, giving it the appearance of a flowing cape or gown. The Atemost's organs are luminescent, with each one a different color. Their organs are all identical except for placement, size and color, being perfectly spherical. The heart and brain are the most spectacular, being twice the size of the other organs and glowing a fierce red and blue respectfully.

There are 10 visible organs in the Atemost body, but other than the heart, brain and two green lungs they are not identified. The Atemost also contain a network of purple tubes which act both as veins and as a cartilaginous skeleton. These are always transparent and do not glow, making them difficult to spot in a living Atemost.

Society
    Spoiler
    Show

An Atemost lives a mostly isolationist life. Sexless and solitary, they have no instinctive desire to communicate with each other or see old creations. However each Atemost believes it is an artist seeking the creation of the true, divine art. This compels them to overlook their creations and protect them while they are yet new, and compete with each other for the best forms. Some Atemost believe perfection is in power, others in physical beauty according to their own aesthetic, and still others by their societies.

Some Atemost hate the forms created by their peers, and create life simply meant to purify the universe of imperfect art. These are the most evil of Atemost, genocidal and xenophobic. Some believe the violent and frightening Atemost mage Sthren created the Beholders as an attempt to create a perfect representation of his own xenophobia.

Racial Traits
    Spoiler
    Show

+2 Int, +2 Wisdom
    (SU) Craft Life
    Move 20
    Outsider
    Favored Class: Artificer
    LA +1

Create Life
    Spoiler
    Show

Create life creates an organism from the clouds of the ethereal plane. An Atemost can only create life when on the Ethereal plane and it takes 1000 GP and 1 week per HD of the creature created.

Note: Use the Eidolon creation rules, with the Atemost being treated as a Summoner of equivalent level to their HD. The "Eidolon" is permanent and free willed once created, but starts with a friendly disposition towards the Atemost. The created form's type can be changed by spending 2 evolution points, and if it is not an Undead, Construct, or Outsider they can reproduce if a second one of the opposite sex is made.

Note: I originally made my own rules for Create Life, but this seemed simpler.
    It's wonderful. I love it. Though it seems a bit powerful for LA +1. But seeing it brings tears to my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    It's wonderful. I love it. Though it seems a bit powerful for LA +1. But seeing it brings tears to my eyes.
    Glad you like it

Hmm, how would you balance it then? I could make it LA +2 or 3 and give it a bigger stat boost perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Glad you like it

Hmm, how would you balance it then? I could make it LA +2 or 3 and give it a bigger stat boost perhaps?
    I'd probably 2 is minimum, and maybe increase the intelligence boost?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground

its a shame this got so derailed i would have liked to see someone's inspiration on my race. the only people i have had inspiration about already have races.
    Damn girl you definitely have a +8 size modifier to AC!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    its a shame this got so derailed i would have liked to see someone's inspiration on my race. the only people i have had inspiration about already have races.
    There's no rule you can have only one race. Go right ahead, be inspired.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    By all means post your thought, the derailment is probably mostly over for now. Some of us probably needed to get some silliness out of our systems. The more people act on topic the more likely things are to return to normal. Also i haven't seen any rule about one race per person, and have seen some examples of people getting multiple things out of this so you should be too worried about the thread derailment. Although in this case making races can be harder than some of the past things these threads have done.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Ssalarn, this one is yours

Ssalafee

Backstory
    Spoiler
    Show

The Ssalafee are thought to be related to the Sobek, but tend to inhabit the deep sands and caves rather than the rivers and swamps their cousins prefer. Once, they had a great empire, a center for the crafts and arts. Their forefathers were cursed by a mage jealous of their grace and charm, however, and this led eventually to the collapse of their cities and trades. Although the curse has long since faded, the memory of it remains in those who remain.

Buried ruins of the Ssalafee empires are sometimes found in the sands. Inevitably, they are full of great art, ancient lore, fine weapons, and on occasion immense amounts of gold.

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Sinuous and graceful, the Ssalafee embody all that which is both beautiful and dangerous about the venomous snakes they resemble. They tend to be about three and a half feet tall (though about 5 feet if you actually stretched them out), and beautifully patterned in jewel tones, with onyx-black and sandy tan also common scale colors also common. Their heads are much like a viper, long enough to hold their fangs but with a high brow indicating that they are more than mere beasts.

Society
    Spoiler
    Show

Some wander the deserts, some dwell deep in the caves, but all prefer to pursue their arts in peace. The Ssalafee are almost never impulsive, preferring to think things through (and consult the Omens) before acting. This goes doubly true for major life events. Ssalafee parents have been known to take years deciding on the names of potential young or where to make their first permanent home (if any).

Racial Traits
    Spoiler
    Show

Humanoid (akashic, reptilian)
    +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Con. Ssalafee are both graceful and hypnotic, but their slight frames make them fragile.
    Small size.
    Bonus Essence:​ Ssalafee have a natural connection to akashic energy and start play with 1 bonus essence point in their pool.
    Desert Adaptation: The Ssalafee requires half of the usual amount of food and water to eat, and can exist comfortably in temperatures up to 140 degrees. Cold affects them normally.
    Venomous Bite: Deals 1d4 damage, plus delivers a supernatural poison that saps the will of their prey. DC 10+Cha, damage 1 Wis/round for one round, cured by one successful save. A Ssalafee can invest essence into his venom to make it more potent, increasing the save DC and Duration of their venom by one for each point invested.

Superstitious: Due to the curse of ill fortune the Ssalafee have been under for generations, they have developed a superstitious bent. On character creation, choose some kind of portent that the Ssalafee has studied all their lives (such as a Harrow deck, stargazing, rolling dice, wildlife behaviors, or even seeing random symbols in the world). Once per day, plus once more per four character levels they possess, they may spend a full round action observing their chosen portent to gain the effects of any 0th or 1st level spell or power with Detect in the name, with a caster level equal to their character level. Any time the Ssalafee goes a full day without using this ability, however, they suffer a -1 to all saves until they do so again.

Reasons
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Afee" is Farsi for Viper, so it fits the naming theme of the Akashic races.
    Akashic is obvious, the curse is a running joke through his writing process, and the will-sapping venom? Well, that's from my immediate, obsessed reaction to reading what he writes when I can find it.
    Small size was just because none of the other Akashic races had it.
    Stat arrangement comes from a discussion on the old Dreamscarred Press forums, talking about the Nameer.
    Superstitious is just cool stuff I thought up

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

By all means post your thought, the derailment is probably mostly over for now. Some of us probably needed to get some silliness out of our systems. The more people act on topic the more likely things are to return to normal. Also i haven't seen any rule about one race per person, and have seen some examples of people getting multiple things out of this so you should be too worried about the thread derailment. Although in this case making races can be harder than some of the past things these threads have done.
    No amount of derailment can kill these threads.

And yes, each player can have multiple races.

People have expressed interested in my tastes and anime. Would you guys like a thread where I go over my anime picks?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

personally i don't care if the thread derails a bit, but it seems normal to banter in these kinds of threads. As long as the people who are on topic aren't too disrupted by any silliness going on, it seems fine to me.

Though i would willingly go over to another thread to discuss anime if that is what people want. I've been in a bit of a slump lately for anime and this thread has given me some good ones to look at.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-03-29 at 12:55 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Though i would willingly go over to another thread to discuss anime if that is what people want. I've been in a bit of a slump lately for anime and this thread has given me some good ones to look at.
    I'll make another thread tomorrow. There is another thread for anime already, but that's a lot more broad compared to what I have in mind. I'll keep the OP focused to my personal suggestions and thoughts so the thread will be easily to follow for the anime in question.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

I just watched the first episode of Kill-la-Kill. Now can somebody PLEASE explain what in the actual Abaddon(Hey, I like that, I'm keeping it) I just watched?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I just watched the first episode of Kill-la-Kill. Now can somebody PLEASE explain what in the actual Abaddon(Hey, I like that, I'm keeping it) I just watched?
    Have you seen gurren lagann yet? Its easier to explain if you've seen gurren lagann.

Its about family, personal triumph and fashion.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Its about family, personal triumph and fashion.
    ...I'm assuming you mean KLK, not GL. Because I'm really curious how you got any of that (maybe personal triumph) out of GL.

Also, IZ, yes, that is what you just watched (I don't have words for it)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro