New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Playable Races!

Is it too late to give permission and sign up for this?
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-04-03 at 11:04 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

It's never too late, Zaydos.

Weaselguys

These small, weasel-like humanoids hail from the future. They traveled into the past as a pilgrimage to honor their ancient ancestor, Weaselguy's mighty weasel, Weasel. Some are born and live their live in the past, but many others still travel from the future to fight like their great ancestor once did.

Type: Monstrous Humanoid (Weaselguy)
    Abilities: +2 Dex and +2 Cha. The Weaselguys are small and quick. Their adorable weasel faces take their enemies off guard.
    Speed: 30 ft. Despite being small, they are fast runners.
    Size: Small. They are descendants of weasels, after all. This also means that they have a wide variety of mounts to ride on.
    Skills: +2 to Knowledge History, Ride, and Handle Animal. The history of the great ancestor's times are studied carefully by Weaselguy pilgrims. They are natural riders and mounted warriors.
    Other abilities:
    Mounted Weapon Proficiency: Weaselguys are proficient with Lances and Short Bows, even if their class levels would not grant these proficiencies.
    Expert Mount Training (Ex): Once each day, the Weaselguy may train their mount for 10 minutes. When they do this, they pick a feat and roll a Ride or Handle Animal check. If the result exceeds the mount's HD + 10, for the rest of the day, the mount is treated as having that feat as long as the Weaselguy is riding it.
    Languages: Weaselguys speak Common. They may choose Orc, Goblin, Draconic, Terran, or Sylvan as their bonus languages for having a high intellect score.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-16 at 09:58 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

It's never too late, Zaydos.

Weaselguys

These small, weasel-like humanoids hail from the future. They traveled into the past as a pilgrimage to honor their ancient ancestor, Weaselguy's mighty weasel, Weasel. Some are born and live their live in the past, but many others still travel from the future to fight like their great ancestor once did.

Type: Monstrous Humanoid (Weaselguy)
    Abilities: +2 Dex and +2 Cha. The Weaselguys are small and quick. Their adorable weasel faces take their enemies off guard.
    Speed: 30 ft. Despite being small, they are fast runners.
    Size: Small. They are descendants of weasels, after all. This also means that they have a wide variety of mounts to ride on.
    Skills: +2 to Knowledge History, Ride, and Handle Animal. The history of the great ancestor's times are studied carefully by Weaselguy pilgrims. They are natural riders and mounted warriors.
    Other abilities:
    Mounted Weapon Proficiency: Weaselguys are proficient with Lances and Short Bows, even if their class levels would not grant these proficiencies.
    Expert Mount Training (Ex): Once each day, the Weaselguy may train their mount for 10 minutes. When they do this, they pick a feat and roll a Ride or Handle Animal check. If the result exceeds the mount's HD + 10, for the rest of the day, the mount is treated as having that feat as long as the Weaselguy is riding it.
    Languages: Weaselguys speak Common. They may choose Orc, Goblin, Draconic, Terran, or Sylvan as their bonus languages for having a high intellect score.
    Holy guacamole batman, I am totally using this for my next race, so long as we can get homebrew allowed lol. You outdid yourself Snowbluff, thanks a million!

As an aside, the dire weasel in my avatar that Qit-Qat, the Kobold in my avatar rode, her name was Niq-Naq. I know, I'm oh so clever with naming my d&d characters.
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-04-16 at 12:38 PM.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Permission granted. I think Byzantine Blue would make a better name for a spell or something though.
    Last edited by byzantineblue; 2015-04-16 at 07:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: Also, I grant my permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Is it too late to give permission and sign up for this?
    A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He brews precisely when he means to.

Zaydo
    A zaydo (singular, plural zaydos) is a scaly humanoid creature of broad stature, standing slightly hunched, yet still easily as tall as a human.

Type: Humanoid (dragonblood, zaydo)
    Abilities: -2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Wis. Zaydos are an inquisitive lot, perceptive and enduring, but often becomes rash when concerned with something that has caught their interest.
    Speed: 30 ft.
    Size: Medium.
    Skills: +2 to Concentration, Knowledge (arcana) and Spot checks. Zaydos' concentration on a task and seeing it through, even to the point of overdoing it, is legendary. Their aptitude for magical knowledge and certain creatures, dragons especially, is known by many who've encountered them.

Natural armor: A zaydo possesses thick scales, which provide them with +1 natural armor.

Script of the Dragon (Su): A zaydo is associated with a rune in draconic script, of which there are over a hundred of. As a swift action, a zaydo may surround their claws with dragonfire and scribe their rune in mid-air. This confers +2 bonus damage to their next melee attack or spell cast. The type of damage is set (acid, cold, electricity, fire), but may be enhanced through feats.

Languages: Common, Draconic. A zaydo with high enough Intelligence may select bonus languages from Celestial, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Goblin and Sylvan.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2015-04-17 at 03:21 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by Inevitability; 2015-04-18 at 02:58 PM.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Banned

Dire Stirge
    Size/Type: Small Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 2d10 (10 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 10 ft (2 squares), fly 40 ft. (average)
    Armor Class: 16 (+1 size, +5 Dex), touch 16, flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-6 (+6 when attached)
    Attack: Touch +9 melee (attach)
    Full Attack: Touch +9 melee (attach)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Attach, blood drain
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 11, Dex 21, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Skills: Hide +16, Listen +5, Spot +5
    Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse B
    Environment: Warm marshes
    Organization: Colony (2-4), flock (5-8), or storm (9-14)
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Usually neutral
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: 0

Attach (Ex)
    If a dire stirge hits with a touch attack, it uses its eight pincers to latch onto the opponent’s body. An attached dire stirge is effectively grappling its prey. The dire stirge loses its Dexterity bonus to AC and has an AC of 11, but holds on with great tenacity. Dire stirges have a +12 racial bonus on grapple checks (already figured into the Base Attack/Grapple entry above).

An attached dire stirge can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself. To remove an attached dire stirge through grappling, the opponent must achieve a pin against the dire stirge.

Blood Drain (Ex)
    A dire stirge drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution damage in any round when it begins its turn attached to a victim.

Dire Stirge traits

Dire stirges possess the following racial traits.

• Dex +10 Int -4 Wis +2 Cha -4. Dire Stirges are swift as the wind and have good instincts, but are still little more than animals and are unpleasant to be around.
    • Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
    • A dire stirge's base land speed is 10 feet but its fly speed is 40 feet (average)
    • Dire stirges have the Attach and Blood Drain extraordinary abilities, but cannot wield manufactured weapons and armour made for a dire stirge costs 4 times the listed price.
    • Favoured class: Dragonfire Adept.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Reposting, because after checking the request list, I think I may have been missed.

^Am I doing this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Dire Stirge
    Size/Type: Small Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 2d10 (10 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 10 ft (2 squares), fly 40 ft. (average)
    Armor Class: 16 (+1 size, +5 Dex), touch 16, flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-6 (+6 when attached)
    Attack: Touch +9 melee (attach)
    Full Attack: Touch +9 melee (attach)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Attach, blood drain
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 11, Dex 21, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Skills: Hide +16, Listen +5, Spot +5
    Feats: Alertness, Weapon Finesse B
    Environment: Warm marshes
    Organization: Colony (2-4), flock (5-8), or storm (9-14)
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Usually neutral
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: 0

Attach (Ex)
    If a dire stirge hits with a touch attack, it uses its eight pincers to latch onto the opponent’s body. An attached dire stirge is effectively grappling its prey. The dire stirge loses its Dexterity bonus to AC and has an AC of 11, but holds on with great tenacity. Dire stirges have a +12 racial bonus on grapple checks (already figured into the Base Attack/Grapple entry above).

An attached dire stirge can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself. To remove an attached dire stirge through grappling, the opponent must achieve a pin against the dire stirge.

Blood Drain (Ex)
    A dire stirge drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution damage in any round when it begins its turn attached to a victim.

Dire Stirge traits

Dire stirges possess the following racial traits.

• Dex +10 Int -4 Wis +2 Cha -4. Dire Stirges are swift as the wind and have good instincts, but are still little more than animals and are unpleasant to be around.
    • Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
    • A dire stirge's base land speed is 10 feet but its fly speed is 40 feet (average)
    • Dire stirges have the Attach and Blood Drain extraordinary abilities, but cannot wield manufactured weapons and armour made for a dire stirge costs 4 times the listed price.
    • Favoured class: Dragonfire Adept.
    Nice, and pretty cool. I'd play one if given the opportunity. That favored class though.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    Holy guacamole batman, I am totally using this for my next race, so long as we can get homebrew allowed lol. You outdid yourself Snowbluff, thanks a million!
    Welcome.
    As an aside, the dire weasel in my avatar that Qit-Qat, the Kobold in my avatar rode, her name was Niq-Naq. I know, I'm oh so clever with naming my d&d characters.
    The great historical documents aren't as accurate as they should be.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I think this is the last one of these.

[permission copypasta'ing intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Permission granted because why not. Let's see if I actually have a "character" on this forum or if I'm as much of a Boringly Normal Guy What Happens to Post a Lot as I think I am.

...Okay, I have rather gotten into the spirit of a certain thread in the Media subforum (), but let's see if someone can't put together a version disregarding that anomaly (in addition to the version taking it into account, of course, not instead of).
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-05-07 at 03:23 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Race: The Morphic Men

Creature type: Aberration (It was a fairly big secret, for obvious reasons)
    LA: +3
    Physical stat modifiers:Str +2/ Con +4/ Dex -2
    Mental Stat Modifiers: Wis +1/ Int +2/ Cha -4
    Size: Medium

Favored Classes: Binding classes, Monk, Druid, Divine Casters, Fleshwarper

Racial Trait: Unstable Form:
    Benefit: Once per day per HD, you may shift physical stats up to your HD for 1 round/HD as a full round action. In addition, your size category can be shifted one step as a full round action, with the largest being one step away from your default.(I.E., if you have 5 hit dice, you may take 5 points from your physical stats and put them into other physical stats. This means that if you grab a class that needs physical stats, you are best off dumping everything into Con, then shift it to your needs)
    Special: Add one d20 HD for each age category past the minimum for a class level and invert stat changes from aging. Remove the age limit if you have Timeless Body(If they weren't unstable, they'd have been ageless. Their aging is unstable growth and semi-cancerous tumors)

History: The Morphic Men are an artificial race created accidentally by a powerful mage known only as Mophic Tide in modern times who latter became a god from their worship. Early on, they where ridiculed by all others, leading them to seek a place they would be accepted. When their creator learned of their existence, he began to seek them out to gather them in a fortified city he shaped from the stone of the mountains surrounding his base, using the chance to get a decently sized city near his base to buy supplies at. Later on, as his death approached, he actively supported the religion they made surrounding him in pursuit of becoming a god, being sure that it would share his views. These views became the foundation of their society, one of wielding nature as a tool and seeing life as but one more thing to shape. They learned much of these things, but could not find a solution to their creator's mortality and had even less success with solving their own. However, the views their creator imparted forbid the full abandonment of life, leading to artifice and undeath being shunned far more than usual. This lead to a strange practice of using warped living creatures as complex tools, rather than magically infused metal and stone.

Religion: Due to their nature as an artificial race, most gods outside of their creator reject them as worshippers, leading to most defaulting to their creator, who often sends groups to remove threats to their race. Those who don't often take up the veiws of Druids out of a strange sort of guilt at being unnatural.

Other races: They have a strange view of the Illithid, as they are another artificial race with an interest in life as a tool, but the normal Illithid society's ego at their superiority of their species as it as now is a major issue. Their opinion of elves and dwarves is almost universally negative, due to the elves obsession with the natural order and dwarf's refusal of change. In regards to all other races, they are largely neutral or, if the race has a similar aversion to change as the elves and dwarfs, a significant amount of dislike for the refusal of progress.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Morphic, as much as we love your interest in these threads, most of them are really old and are no longer posted in or allowed to be posted in. Come to the current one, Domains and Domain Feats and join in the party there. If you're really nice, you might be able to request people create ones from previous threads for you. It generally helps if you make stuff for others first. Thanks!
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

14. - Top - End - #374
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

The Winged Mod: Thread Necromancy.