Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Monstercops OOC thread 1

Here is the OOC thread for Monster cops. Please re-post your sheet here, your speaking color.

Important NPC's
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Sheron Whitewing
    Show

Height 5'04
    Hair Red
    Eyes Green
    Spoiler: Combat info
    Show

Humanoid
    Int 32
    He uses magic.

Spoiler: Personal information
    Show

He is not entirely faithful to his elven wife.

Spoiler: Elizabeth Broderick
    Show

Height 5'08
    Hair Red
    Eyes Blue
    Show

No info

Show

She is the true power behind the minister of the arts position.

Spoiler: Gruthk Gennir
    Show

Height 5'05
    Hair Brown
    Eyes Blue
    Show

Maybe no info

Show

No info

Spoiler: Verna Highhill
    Show

Height 2'10
    Hair Black
    Eyes Brown
    Show

Maybe no info

Show

Her parties are the best in the city.

Big 16
    Spoiler
    Show

1 What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5

2 What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Monsters. Most likely as cops.

3 How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4-6

4 What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Play by post.

5 What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

12th level. Half way to 13th level.

6 How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

99000 gp

7 Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Monsters of course.

8 What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Monsters!

9 By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

32 point buy. Max for first hp. Average for the rest.

10 Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Yes. Evil characters are allowed, but please understand the department has PR concerns.

11 Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Mutliclassing is allowed.

12 Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

I'll make enemy rolls, and any private rolls.

13 Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Gestalt, with the monster's CR equaling one side of the gestalt.
    Monsters will be slightly tougher then normal.
    When you submit your character, I'll randomly determine 3 CR 17-19 monsters, and using a ADR (average damage per round) determine if you would beat said monsters. If you beat more then 1 of the monsters, the character will not be accepted.

14 Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yes, and when you are selected I'll be adding how you got into the police department.

15 Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

Mix of all three.

16 Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

If it's out of core, ask for the book first. Assuming I say yes. (I probably will) cite it with the book and page number

Spoiler: Monster trial of Op'ness
    Show

1 Aboleth mage
    2 Formian Queen
    3 Frost Giant Jarl
    4 Marliath (demon)
    5 Very old White dragon
    6 Old Brass dragon
    7 Mature adult Bronze dragon
    8 Nightcrawler Nightshade
    9 Ancient White dragon
    10 Very old Black dragon
    11 Old green dragon
    12 Old Blue dragon
    13 Mature adult Red dragon
    14 Mature adult Silver dragon
    15 Wyrm White dragon
    16 Ancient Black dragon
    17 Very old Brass dragon
    18 Very old Green dragon
    19 Very old Blue dragon
    20 Old Copper dragon
    21 Old Bronze dragon
    22 Mature adult Gold.
    Last edited by Illven; 2015-06-16 at 05:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Monstercops OOC thread 1

Sirus Réalta Will be Speaking in Navy.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Thoros Fiedlerson will be speaking in Dark Green. Orange.
    Last edited by Jthw; 2015-04-08 at 03:46 PM. Reason: migrated character sheet in mythweavers
    Spoiler: Current PbP games
    Show
    None Currently
    If only I could get a DM to let me ignore everything after the first 4 words of the barbarian's rage ability (A barbarian can fly...)
    If a treant ninja falls on the only witness, does it still make a sound?

4. - Top - End - #4

Malicious, the Black Arrow, will of course, be speaking in black

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Then I shall have Psalacantha use Teal, because someone beat me to the Dark Green I usually use for Druids...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I will post in the sheet later, and despite my usual preference for blue, it more suits Shiver for Cyan for the cold look.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2015-03-23 at 02:50 PM.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house - Klingon proverb

They say "may you live in interesting times"...Ive tried interesting and now I'll take boring.

I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Your PM box is full....

They say "may you live in interesting times"...Ive tried interesting and now I'll take boring.

I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

...My fault, probably. Illven and I have just had a quarter-inbox-long discussion about how Nymphs fit into city society

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Your PM box is full....
    PM box has room now.

On that note. Tempest fury, last night your pm box was full as well.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    ...My fault, probably. Illven and I have just had a quarter-inbox-long discussion about how Nymphs fit into city society
    We are having the type of convo about Shiver and her views on life.

- Sheldon Cooper

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    PM box has room now.

On that note. Tempest fury, last night your pm box was full as well.
    Yeah I know. I got 3-4 e-mail alerts about it.

It has nothing occupying it now.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Then I shall have Psalacantha use Teal, because someone beat me to the Dark Green I usually use for Druids...
    I'd be perfectly fine with switching to dark Orange so you can have dark green
    Show
    None Currently
    If only I could get a DM to let me ignore everything after the first 4 words of the barbarian's rage ability (A barbarian can fly...)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

Txt speaking color #CC0000

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Sy'triniaza is a tall busty and curvy young draconian. Her slender platinum wings are adorned with a few rings of gold, her platinum scaled tail shows the sign of a gentle life. Her light mocha skin shines gentle, while platinum scales mark sections of her thighs, sides, and arms. Her hair is jet black and shimmers metallically as it tumbles to freely to her thighs. Her bright platinum colored eyes shine with a playful nature. She usually wears little, an eccentric draconian unused to the cultures of the mainlands peoples. What she does wear though is a black side split skirt that adorns her shapely hips, a pair of black boots that rise just below her knees, and a bikini-top. The top which gleams with a metallic red symbol of her homeland. Upon her arms are a set of armlets that look to have seen better days, an band of black metal encircles her neck, and a black simple ring adorns her slender and clawed hands.

Some history roughly done...
    Spoiler
    Show

Sy'triniaza was sent to these lawless lands to conduct a ritual her mother, and her mother's mother, and countless predecessors have done since her tropical nation began. She is to return to her homeland with accolades as benefiting the magically inclined Platinum Family and she must acquire them from the lands beyond the shores. Should she fail to do so she will be exiled for all time and while Sy'triniaza is a playful girl who loves to tease and play pranks upon her peers, she loves her home dearly and would die to be sent away from it forever. Of course she suspects that they have sent her away because of her behavior and hopes the journey will improve and mature her allowing her the insight with which she will one day rule their nation with.

So here she is, in the strange and unusual lands beyond the tropical island nation of Szune. A place where clothes are common place, where not everyone obeys the laws, and where the strong prey on the weak. Of course she fell prey to this, a few cunning people tricked her and kidnapped her. Selling her off was no issue, no one had seen a Draconian in centuries and her exotic coloring made for a quick lucrative buck for someone. Kept under control by a collar she was bought by a powerful man(-thing?) who held a part of the city under his terrible brutal thumb.

She was occasionally shown off to his fellows and many wanted more than a piece of her. Eventually however he taught her the deadlier edge of her martial skills. She would steal for him, kill for him, she could not resist him. And yet others could. Late one summer day, a small group assaulted her master's home and in the chaos she broke free of his control. Her rampage brought the building and most of the block to a burning rubble. Those hunting for her master found him in a small shattered room begging for forgiveness. Of Sy'triniaza there was no sign.

Until recently. Starving perhaps, without direction, she has decided to help the forces for order and peace in the city. As long as they keep her fed she has promised to use her skills for the city. As long as she is fed she'll do anything they ask of her. Mostly.

Sy'triniaza of Szune's sheet
    Last edited by Myllinnia; 2015-03-24 at 03:22 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post19004881

Monster cops. Monster cops! Saving the world with law!

Ic thread is up.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Are we choosing the cases separately or is it a group decision?
    Show
    None Currently

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Let's see how many of your characters I can actually identify...

Spoiler: Knowledge Checks
    Show

"Nature - Frost Giant" - (1d20+22)[34]
    "Religion - Half-Celestial" - (1d20+6)[15]
    "Nature - War Troll" - (1d20+22)[26]
    "Planes - Moon Dog" - (1d20+6)[18]
    "Planes - Naztharune Rakshasa" - (1d20+6)[21]
    "Arcana - Platinum Half-Dragon" - (1d20+6)[22]

So, Psalacantha can recognise Frost Giants and Half-Celestials, War Trolls, Naztharune Rakshasa and Platinum Half-Dragons, but doesn't know what a Moon Dog is. Well, that's more of you than I was expecting to identify!
    Last edited by whoiam; 2015-03-24 at 08:27 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Shouldn't be able to identify me. At least not until you see me draw and fire my bow.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I meant identify your species. I don't think any of you are well-enough known in the region for Psalacantha to recognise you as individuals without an introduction.

19. - Top - End - #19

Aaaaah, well. That's fair, that's fair.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver also has celestial blood in her. Although she's probably not really aware of it.

- Sheldon Cooper

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

*nod* I did roll for the Half-Celestial template as well. So if we get a chance to gossip at any point, expect Psalacantha to ask you about your Celestial ancestry.

22. - Top - End - #22

Ack. Hey Mikela, any chance of using something a bit dark? Reading your speaking hurts.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Jthw View Post
    Are we choosing the cases separately or is it a group decision?
    Each player can work on the cases they want.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey, when I get time to post in full, I've got +16 to Sense Motive, +18 to Bluff and +21 to Intimidate. Totally can interrogate the guy.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

+24 Sense Motive, +27 Bluff, +27 Diplomacy. Psalacantha as good cop to Sirus or Slissht (who also has her intimidate trained, to +22) as bad cop looks like our best interrogation team. The main issue is with persuading Psalacantha to join in the interrogation when she's got her heart set on doing... well, anything other than an interrogation.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Just realized that because of lack of skill points I didn't put many into, you know, the useful ones. I think it would be best if I were just in the room and using my church inquisitor abilities on him as someone else interrogated him.

Illven do you mind if i change my skill points a bit, I have no idea why I have 15 points in craft weaponsmithing yet none in sense motive when I have it as a class skill from my prestige class. I think I just put the points in craft as a to be determined later and forgot to use them. (So essentially can I just try to redo my skill points? I'm sorry I just want my skill points to reflect my characters background I won't be too disappointed if I can't though.)
    Last edited by Jthw; 2015-03-24 at 01:17 PM.
    Show
    None Currently

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Jthw View Post
    Just realized that because of lack of skill points I didn't put many into, you know, the useful ones. I think it would be best if I were just in the room and using my church inquisitor abilities on him as someone else interrogated him.

Illven do you mind if i change my skill points a bit, I have no idea why I have 15 points in craft weaponsmithing yet none in sense motive when I have it as a class skill from my prestige class. I think I just put the points in craft as a to be determined later and forgot to use them. (So essentially can I just try to redo my skill points? I'm sorry I just want my skill points to reflect my characters background I won't be too disappointed if I can't though.)
    I suppose it would be okay.

Does anyone have anyother changes they want?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm good with my chara as is. I believe if there are changes it would be her spell list but I will think on it.

29. - Top - End - #29

So from what I read, the split up seems to be Psa, Shiver, Sisus, and Thoros are interrogating the prisoner.

While Malicious and Sy'triniaza go to the academy?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I suppose it would be okay.

Does anyone have anyother changes they want?
    I'd like to get a cross class rank in Autohypnosis (knocking down spot and listen by 1), so I can take 10 for the DC 15 check. It's a bit more rules legal when trying to act as a telepathic interpreter than concentration, and it lets me remember what I was interpreting as well as let's me memorize the files and such.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!