New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    APE Games in the Playground

Default Re: Ordering Issues from APE Games

Quote Originally Posted by MrUgly View Post
    I am going to assume the answer would be a resounding "No, you can't cancel the order you paid for but have not received."

Thank you for the reply.
    We value your business, but we can certainly cancel your order, if that's what you prefer. However, note the following:

1) Shipping has increased since many of the pre-orders were placed - USPS rates increased on 5/14 - especially for international orders.

2) If you cancel now and re-order when Start of Darkness is available (in just a couple weeks - I hope) then you will lose your place in the pre-order queue.

If you would like us to cancel your order, please send me a private message and we'll take care of that for you.

There is only one way for our store software to operate, and that's to charge cards immediately upon purchase. I'm evaluating alternate store software, but even if we settle on something better, that will take a long time to get in place. Also, we won't be doing pre-orders as much moving forward for this reason, and because it's hard for us to predict when product will be available from the printer.

Kevin
    Owner of APE Games.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Quick questions:

1) Will there be emails sent when orders containing Start of Darkness ship?

2) Does APEGames have any access to tracking numbers for flat-rate postage?

Thanks for your time.

- The Unshaven.

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by The Unshaven View Post
    Quick questions:

1) Will there be emails sent when orders containing Start of Darkness ship?

2) Does APEGames have any access to tracking numbers for flat-rate postage?

Thanks for your time.

- The Unshaven.
    Yes and Yes. You'll get an email when we ship your package. This email will contain your tracking number IF you are in the U.S.

If you're international, you'll still get the email confirming your order has shipped, but alas, no tracking number.
    Owner of APE Games.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hi there,

I ordered myself a copy of the Origins books and about 5 minutes later i found out (after telling a friend about it) that he ordered the same book. For me. For my birthday.

So... my question is, can this order of mine be cancelled before you process it? I already replied to the address the confirmation came from as well as your info@ address with the details of the order...

So this is pretty much a 'reminder' to make sure you hopefully see it before you get to the processing of orders part.

ps. really sorry about the inconveniance...
    pps. if i cant cancel it, then i got an Origins book for sale in the Netherlands (or other euro countries) soonish :P
    Last edited by Beittil; 2007-05-31 at 04:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Good News: We've added an Order Status tracking page to the APE store.

Bad News: It's only for orders placed after June 4 of this year. Unfortunately the module doesn't have record of orders placed before then.

Either way, though, you'll still receive an email when your order ships. If you live in the U.S., that email will contain a tracking number. We're working on having the email sent for international orders also contain the customs number, which is often completely worthless, but all that we have to work with right now.
    Owner of APE Games.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So........

News on the when the book will actually ship?

7. - Top - End - #67

Nope, sorry. I can say that I HOPE we get them in the next two weeks.

One important thing to note, and I'm going also put this on the store's site - we're going to start printing shipping labels with tracking numbers on the BEFORE we get books. This means that many of you will get confirmation emails well in advance of when the orders will actually leave our warehouse. The confirmation email will explain this.

We're doing this so that when the books actually get here, all we need to do is drop the book in the box and send it on it's merry way. We've got gillions of pre-orders and are doing our best to get them all in the mail within a week of the book arriving.

A second important thing to note is that we have a new order tracking system set up on our site BUT this site will only work for orders placed AFTER June 4. This means that most of you that pre-ordered won't see your order there. The aforementioned email, however, will have your tracking number.

And speaking of tracking numbers, we can now include customs numbers in confirmation emails for our international friends. In the past, confirmation emails to international customers didn't include any tracking information. Don't get your hopes up, however. Historically, customs numbers weren't tracked all that closely by the customs agencies.
    Owner of APE Games.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

frown Re: Ordering Issues from APE Games

Quote Originally Posted by apegamer View Post
    Nope, sorry. I can say that I HOPE we get them in the next two weeks.
    Well, I've waited this long, I can stomach another week or 10.

We've got gillions of pre-orders and are doing our best to get them all in the mail within a week of the book arriving.
    I don't suppose they're going to be shipping in the order that you received pre-orders by chance? (IE: those of us who ordered on the day of the announcement will be towards the front of the queue?)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

So we are now looking at end of June for Start of Darkness? Will there be notice posted when there is positive confirmation that a date is set, or is this a hope and a prayer?

T-shirt idea- last panel of #446

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

And I STILL never got an order confirmation email...

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by xanin View Post
    I don't suppose they're going to be shipping in the order that you received pre-orders by chance? (IE: those of us who ordered on the day of the announcement will be towards the front of the queue?)
    Yes, they'll ship roughly in the order they were receieved.
    Owner of APE Games.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Ranek the Bold View Post
    So we are now looking at end of June for Start of Darkness? Will there be notice posted when there is positive confirmation that a date is set, or is this a hope and a prayer?
    Yes, closer to end of June.

I'm pretty sure the pre-orders will ship before there's a formal announcement that the book is available. We'd like to get caught up with the pre-orders before the next deluge of orders from people that waited until SoD is in-hand.
    Owner of APE Games.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    And I STILL never got an order confirmation email...
    Can you log into your account on apegames.com and confirm your email? You'd be surprised, but maybe 1 in 5 emails bounce back to us. A lot of those are probably on purpose, I guess.
    Owner of APE Games.

14. - Top - End - #74

Imp

Can you log into your account on apegames.com and confirm your email? You'd be surprised, but maybe 1 in 5 emails bounce back to us. A lot of those are probably on purpose, I guess.
    I ordered without an account.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, i'm waiting for more than 45 days now, guess now it's just a matter of.. waiting some more.
    Didn't want to do anything with paypal like deleting orders or smt, too much stress for Apegames and for me either, since we had A LOT of problems placing the original order... sigh. I wanna read them!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You should get a confirmation email from APE Games. If you get me your order number I'll get you a tracking number.
    I ordered Start of Darkness way back on 4/14, and haven't heard anything about anything.

Order# 6690. Please let me know my order status. Thanks!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Yes. I ordered my copy on 04/17/2007, Order #7031. I am not too worried after reading your previous posts (I was wondering what was going on with this), but, as you did state about receiving emails prior to shipping, and the end of the month is at hand (I usually stand on street corners proclaiming that), I have checked thrice and my Inbox is sorely missing a confirmation email.

So, after June 30th, is it alright to go on my Barbarian Rage Killing Spree caused by an absence of Sod (I have enough ice cream to hold me off til then), or are we looking at another SoonTM with this shipping date as well?
    Last edited by Blueflame; 2007-06-21 at 10:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Orders with SoD will start shipping very, very very soon. We're sorry for the delay.
    Owner of APE Games.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Orders with SoD will start shipping very, very very soon.
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Orders with SoD will start shipping very, very very soon. We're sorry for the delay.
    Good luck, Kevin! I'm sure this has been more stressful for you then anyone else.

21. - Top - End - #81

Imp

Well, what about my order? They never gave me an order number! Did it go through? How can I find out?
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2007-06-23 at 10:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

What do I need to do to change the shipping address? I would try and do something by logging into my account on apegames.com, but I didn't have an account when I made the order. Or else I forgot my password.

The order number is 6300. I placed the order on 4/12, assuming that I'd get the book before the end of the semester at college. Due to the delay, that isn't happening - and I'd rather not have to drive 200 miles to pick up the book. (Though I know I'll end up doing so if I have to.)

I just now sent a PM to apegamer and sent an email (over a month ago) from the email address that I made the order with, but haven't received a response yet.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

Ohhh finally =) Thanks for your kindness Kevin!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Halfling in the Playground

I just checked through my email, and I can't find any confirmation email from APE about my preorder (I'm guessing my spam filter grabbed it). Is there any way to resolve this? I have the card number the order was placed with, and my bank statement shows that a payment was made on 4/12/07 for an order placed on 4/11/07.
    Thanks

25. - Top - End - #85

Imp

I have the same problem!

What can I do?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Mechafox and I have exactly the same problem as he described it in his posts.
    Is there anything that we can do to solve the problem? I appreciate APEGAMES response and help but it seems as if our orders were never made.
    I would really appreciate a solution to this because I am certain that there are more with the same problem.
    Thanks for hearing me at first place.

P.S.: I made a second order today for the:
    The Order of the Stick Adventure Game:
    Dungeon of Dorukan

and already got a confirmation mail and of course I can check the order status.
    All this is said to point out that the order system works just fine for orders made after the upgrade of the on-line store of APEGAMES but it seems to be some problems with the orders made before this update and especially if there was no account before the order was made.
    Last edited by Ragemanster; 2007-06-27 at 09:16 AM.
    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Berlioz

27. - Top - End - #87

Confirmation emails get sent automatically when orders are placed. Reasons you might not get the email are:

1) it gets caught in your spam filter
    2) you provided an incorrect address

We estimate that may be 1 in 5 emails bounce back to us as invalid. As mentioned before, this is often likely intentional, so that customers don't potentially get added to spam lists. (Note that we do not add emails to any lists, or sell them, bend, spindle or mutilate them in any way.)

Our shipping people read the email at address [email protected] if you need to check the status of your order.

And remember, orders placed after 6/4 can be tracked right from the site.
    Last edited by apegamer; 2007-06-27 at 12:52 PM.
    Owner of APE Games.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Halfling in the Playground

Got my SOD Shipped email! Thank you Ape Games!
    Last edited by GrayMatter; 2007-06-27 at 03:21 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Banned

Question:
    How long takes it for the thing to get from US to Yurop? Around 14 days or what is reasonable?

30. - Top - End - #90

Imp

Confirmation emails get sent automatically when orders are placed. Reasons you might not get the email are:

1) it gets caught in your spam filter
    2) you provided an incorrect address

We estimate that may be 1 in 5 emails bounce back to us as invalid. As mentioned before, this is often likely intentional, so that customers don't potentially get added to spam lists. (Note that we do not add emails to any lists, or sell them, bend, spindle or mutilate them in any way.)

Our shipping people read the email at address [email protected] if you need to check the status of your order.
    So what do I do about it? You're telling me the problem, and not giving me a solution. I've emailed apegames before about it, and I always get the same response! Am I getting a book or not? Will I be charged for one? Either send me the book or cancel my order!