Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

cool Monstercops. (IC thread)

It is the first day of the year 870. Thursday January 1st

The metropolis of Westmeadow has had a serious crime problem for about two years now.

Now it's time for law and order.

And that is your job.

The council has spent most of the fall months getting the group together. Pushing paperwork for the HR department. Making your sigils, your offices.

Your first case files.

There are six. Hand delivered to you by the Minster of Security. Aramil Edley. A half-elf of about 50 years of age. He stands just over 5 and a half feet tall, with the stereotypical black hair, and green eyes of the half-elves. His full plate glistens in the early morning light, and his sword lays still in his sheathe.

He hands you the files with an air of impatience.

"There are six active cases, that the standard guards have been unable to handle. Obviously, no one expects them all solved tomorrow, but the sooner you solve as many as you can, the better you look." He states to the group. "A wizard has disappeared at the local academy and no one has been able to contact her." He raises a finger. We also have a shape shifting drug smuggler captured. We want you to interrogate him or her, and manage to nail his or her boss." He continues raising another finger. "The sewers apparently need to be cleaned, not sure how that's your job, but..." He states waving dismissively at that case file. "There's been a string of pickpockets at the west piers, that my standard cops have been unable to handle." He says indicting that one by tapping on it. "A church has failed to fill out the required paperwork, and we want you to convince them to do so." He looks at you dismissively now. "And finally we believe someone is intending to use Ms.Silvertooth's shipping facilities to bring in a large quantity of black lotus extract."

Spoiler: Active case. The Case of the missing wizard
    Show

The talented wizard Heather Copperarm has gone missing. No one has seen her or been able to contact her for a week. She is in the hardest courses of the Academy of the stars, so it's rather unlikely she would go missing.

The file includes an address for the Academy.

Spoiler: Active case. Bust a drug ring.
    Show

The regular guard has managed to capture a Doppleganger that was selling drugs on the black market. The cops want you to figure out his buyers, and suppliers. The Doppleganger is currently in a holding cell.

Spoiler: Active case. Clean out the sewers
    Show

Anyone that has gone into the sewers for the past month, has not come out alive. Figure out why, and put a stop to it, if able.

Spoiler: Active case. The merry band of pickpockets.
    Show

For the past two weeks, there have been a string of pickpockets all along the western pier. Put a stop to it.

Spoiler: Active case. Paperwork time!
    Show

The Church of the eternal lady is behind on official paperwork. Get them caught up.

The case file includes a address for the church.

Spoiler: Active case. Stop the poison.
    Show

The cops have reason to believe that someone is bringing in a shipment of Black lotus extract. Go down to the docks, and figure it all out.
    Last edited by Illven; 2015-03-24 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Monstercops. (IC thread)

“Well the paperwork is the job for cops, not us.” A black furred Rakshasa said, quick to dismiss that file from where he sat lounging on his chair, looking at the files placed in front of them with an expression of displeasure. "Pickpockets are hardly worth that much effort despite the normal cops incompetence, and I have no desire to start traversing the filthy stinking sewers. So that leaves the smugular ring and I’m not good at interrogation, or these two investigations.” Turning to the others that he now had to work with, Malicious laid it out to them. “So. The maiden in distress, or the shipments of poison. Which do you all prefer to tackle first? Through I suppose one or two could interrogate the prisoner as us others do the investigating.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Like the Rakshasa, the Nymph had found herself a chair while waiting for the dossiers to be presented. But Psalacantha wasn't slouching as he was, oh no - she was standing on the chair, leaning against the seat back, enjoying the sense of not being the shortest entity in the room for once. It was truly a sad day when you had to stand on a chair to see over the *dog*.

As the dossiers were presented, Psalacantha had been using her vantage point to examine her new colleagues. She could work out what most of them were. The largest was a frost giant, with more than a hint of celestial blood in her. Interesting... Followed by a War Troll. May the doors of the city tremble before the giant and the troll's combined might! Or shatter, more likely. Then there was a Naztharune Rakshasa. How on earth had the city hired one of them? And why? ...There were interesting stories behind that one, she was sure. Next, a Draconian. With platinum wings, even! Those were reported to be rare... And finally, a... giant dog? With plate and shield? Well, that was... odd... it couldn't have been a native of their world. She'd have known if something like that existed in her nature. Another outsider, then, like the Rakshasa? She'd have to talk to the dog sometime. It would know, right?

But then the Rakshasa spoke, and Psalacantha was snapped back to the business at hand.

"Oh, no," came the nymph's response. "I took this job to get out of doing interrogations, you're not leaving me behind to talk with a doppelgänger while the rest of you get to do something *fun*! I say we go after the pickpockets. Probably not the most objectively important one we could tackle, and probably also not the most interesting, but it sounds the least dangerous short of yelling at the priests until they do their paperwork. I don't know about the rest of you, but I prefer to be familiar with the people I'm trusting with my safety, so doing a couple of the easy ones before we hunt poison smugglers or missing wizards or check on the sewers OF DEATH!!! sounds like a good idea to me!"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Shiver entered the room looking around for a chair, but as was typical for a human city, nothing presented itself as being comfortable for her. She resigned herself to standing, which she did most of the time anyway, and listened to the presentations. After the man finished, she decided to start things out, since most of the group were probably ready to take her on without much provocation, the problem being her race.

My name is Slissht and her voice carried only the slightest of giant accent, as opposed to the usual roar of a frost giant and if you chose to use that pronunciation, please don't add an extra i near the end, its tiresome. The name actually means Shiver in the common tongue and if that's easier for you, please use it.
    As for the jobs, we could always deal with the drug smuggler first, and not have anyone else run off to the fun stuff. A couple of us could try good cop/bad cop...I usually end up being the bad one.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house - Klingon proverb

They say "may you live in interesting times"...Ive tried interesting and now I'll take boring.

I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Thoros smiles at the idea of an interrogation, of a doppelganger no less. "I'd prefer the interrogation, kind of my specialty. I like making people tell the truth, and I work well with making shapechangers stay in their original form. If we stay together I'd suggest we work with the doppelganger first on the off chance they escape."
    Spoiler: Current PbP games
    Show
    None Currently
    If only I could get a DM to let me ignore everything after the first 4 words of the barbarian's rage ability (A barbarian can fly...)
    If a treant ninja falls on the only witness, does it still make a sound?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I agree with you on the idea of getting to know each other, but we could still do the interrogation first, as long as the rest of the group doesn't run off on their own. Who knows, the information revealed might lead to even more missions or might even lead back to some of the other cases, like the Black Lotus. The usefulness of the doppleganger is limited, as soon as his associates know he has been compromised, they are going to disappear quickly

They say "may you live in interesting times"...Ive tried interesting and now I'll take boring.

I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Of course, Ms. Slissht. I would not dream of inserting a vowel where it was not desired. Still, you raise a couple of interesting points. First, yes, if the group wishes to perform the interrogation first, I will of course be willing to assist. I was assigned as an interrogator before taking this posting, so I do have some experience in the art. I'm not especially good at appearing threatening, however, but I assume one of my illustrious and oversized colleagues can cover for that little weakness.

The second point should be introductions and trading some idea of our relative skills. My name is Psalacantha,
    " she pronounces it with a silent P, incidentally, "and I'm mainly employed to get information or goodwill out of people. Even by the standards of nymphs, I am very good at both. I do also know a little druidic magic, so I'm not entirely useless in combat despite my complete lack of equipment. Although I'm likely contributing little to any combat we get into beyond summoned elementals, that is at least *something*." When she was done speaking, Psalacantha briefly flashed a smile around the room.

All Psalacantha had on her was a plain tunic (which her perched-on-chair position would reveal to leave quite a lot of arm and leg exposed) and a necklace made of what the others may or may not have been able to identify as Mistletoe. There was no armor, and she bore no weapons. That said, few people ever paid much attention to her clothing. Who would, after all? Aesthetically, Psalacantha was practically flawless. And she only gets the qualifier because of her lack of height. Even by the standards of other nymphs, she was a rare beauty.

Such looks had both their advantages and their disadvantages. The important ones to the squad being that it rarely took more than the smile she was giving the rest of you now to get a criminal to talk. Balanced by the disadvantage that she was about as distinctive as the giantess, and as a result, likely just as little use in a covert operation...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Ah yes, my skills. Well, as you can no doubt guess, I tend to slice things up. Im usually pretty good at it too. And if we come across something that requires pure brute strength, I can probably handle that. But youre probably right, covert operations are not my specialty. Although if we ever get to hide in snow, I think I can outdo everyone here.

Shiver's appearance is about as far from any stories or actual encounters that any group member has had with a frost giant. Of course, she has the white skin and blonde hair that is common to her race, but her beauty is in stark contrast to the normal rough features of a frost giant...although her muscles ripple with the strength that they all possess. As well, she is not armoured like any normal frost giant, but she seems to occasionally tug at a prominent set of arm bracers, and those well versed in arcane matters can guess that they are some form of protective device. And lastly, most tales of frost giants seem to talk about their use of hammers as weapons and Shiver is quite clearly armed with a greatsword, a weapon that requires skill and precision, as opposed to just smashing things.

- Sheldon Cooper

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I am Sy'triniaza, Draconian of Szune." She introduces herself as she takes her seat after giving the files a quick glance.

The platinum scaled draconian sits in her seat with a look of concern on her face. A wizard was missing, that posed issues with the order of things whether the wizard was free or not. Finding her would be her top priority if she had her say.

"A missing person should be dealt with quickly. There is no telling what is happening to this person." Sy'triniaza says with her lilting tone holding a hint of concern, her platinum tail sways with the displeasure of thinking of a wizard being forced into doing things with their power they might regret. "Regardless, the poison is a threat and the Doppelganger does hinge on being dealt with decisively. The rest do not hold the same level of threat and can be dealt with later."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Sirius got back down on all fours, and decided that now would be a good time to wear his armor to work, make a good impression and all. Would be interesting to see what all they'd have this team doing. Most of it seemed underwhelming, but if it's more than the police can handle, then things might be more interesting that we thought. Sirius broadcast to the team. "Well, if we do the smuggler ring, I'm down for playing Bad Cop. Always fun to act as though we've got something that makes us better besides trying to help people. Also, I can serve as an interpreter if we ever run into language barriers, though I doubt that'll be a problem. My name is Sirius. If anyone would be able to find that missing person quick, maybe get a good enough look to scry, we might want to look into that."
    Last edited by supernerd; 2015-03-25 at 01:19 AM.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

11. - Top - End - #11

Thoros, Shiver, and Sisus

You are led to the interrogation room. Where a manacle female human stands.
    Spoiler: Sisus
    Show

Yeah, it's the doppleganger.

She is tall for a girl, with red hair, blue eyes. She is pretty and busty, and not wearing much clothing. As soon as the door opens, you hear a seductive whine.
    "Oh... Would you please let me out. These manacles are chaffing my wrist. I'd be ever so grateful...."

Then you come through the door.

"Oh ****." The voice drops two octaves. "Are they feeding me to monsters, because I won't talk. I know my rights, I want a lawyer!"

Malicious, Sy'triniaza, and Psa.

Normally the trip to the academy would take about an hour. But Psa knows several ways to cut down on the time. You're there within half an hour.

As you walk through the town, and into the academy, Sy'triniaza, and Psaclantha are gathering alot of attention.

A elven wizard notices Psaclantha particulary, and goes to approach you.

"Hello. Lovely lady. Is there anyway, I can help you? Name's Aust, by the way." He states

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

The smile's in evidence once again as he approaches. It tended to make people helpful...

"And it's a pleasure to meet you, Mister Aust. I'm sorry, but I don't get to visit the Academy much. I'm looking for someone in charge - I don't suppose you could direct my colleagues and I to a member of the faculty, could you?"

"Diplomacy" - (1d20+27)[45]

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    The smile's in evidence once again as he approaches. It tended to make people helpful...

"And it's a pleasure to meet you, Mister Aust. I'm sorry, but I don't get to visit the Academy much. I'm looking for someone in charge - I don't suppose you could direct my colleagues and I to a member of the faculty, could you?"

[roll0]
    The fairly attractive black haired elf, offers an arm to Psaclantha.

"Ah yes. I believe the teacher of enchantment's office is closest. Lady Adrenhall is her name." He states. "And is a lovely lady like yourself, intending to take up the study of wizardy?"
    Last edited by Illven; 2015-03-25 at 12:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

The smile never once wavers, but Psalacantha declines the offered arm... by offering hers to Sy'triniaza instead. (She had considered offering it to Malicious, but was having ethical issues about getting too friendly with a strange Rakshasa.) "I'm afraid not, we're just here on business. If you could just point us to Lady Adrenhall's office, then we'll be on our way..."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Thoros walks calmly around the room "Well, metaphorically maybe. But I'm glad you are already worried, it really sets the tone." Just as Thoros ends his sentence he is behind the doppelganger and bumps her shoulder with his fist.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Intimidate: (1d20+22)[27] (including the +4 from being a size category larger)
    Force Shapechange: (1d20+14)[17] (actually not sure if this works on them because the DC is 11+her caster level but i'm attempting it anyway)
    Show
    None Currently
    If only I could get a DM to let me ignore everything after the first 4 words of the barbarian's rage ability (A barbarian can fly...)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Thoros, Shiver, and Sisus

You are led to the interrogation room. Where a manacle female human stands.
    Spoiler: Sisus
    Show

Yeah, it's the doppleganger.

She is tall for a girl, with red hair, blue eyes. She is pretty and busty, and not wearing much clothing. As soon as the door opens, you hear a seductive whine.
    "Oh... Would you please let me out. These manacles are chaffing my wrist. I'd be ever so grateful...."

Then you come through the door.

"Oh ****." The voice drops two octaves. "Are they feeding me to monsters, because I won't talk. I know my rights, I want a lawyer!"
    Before they leave, Sirius memorizes the files [Autopynosis Take 10].

Sirius props his forepaws on the table, taking his left hand and rubbing the exposed parts of his face. He looks at the Doppleganger, thinking into the minds of the group. "Sweetheart, I'm sure you thought this through very well, but it's time to be serious. Would you please take the form that makes you the most comfortable, and please tell us what gender you'd like to be considered, if any preference exists. Now, we're not here to eat you, (To Doppleganger only: or at least we shouldn't be if things go as planned) so don't worry about that. We're not really cops, though, so the whole lawyer thing will be fine and all, but understand that one of our purposes as now enforcers of the law is to get what we can before a lawyer can be assigned to you and sit in. Because that's just part of what we do. We promise plea deals and get you to talk before you can get a lawyer so we can get something done when you're likely just a piece of the puzzle. Now, should we begin, or should I turn invisible and see if there is anyone seeing in and if they have the funding for magical sight?"

Rolls:
    Bluff: (1d20+18)[25]
    Intimidate: (1d20+21)[39]
    Diplomacy: (1d20+22)[38]
    Sense Motive: (1d20+16)[32]

Spoiler: Just Comments
    Show
    Malicious, Sy'triniaza, and Psa.

Normally the trip to the academy would take about an hour. But Psa knows several ways to cut down on the time. You're there within half an hour.

As you walk through the town, and into the academy, Sy'triniaza, and Psaclantha are gathering alot of attention.

A elven wizard notices Psaclantha particulary, and goes to approach you.

"Hello. Lovely lady. Is there anyway, I can help you? Name's Aust, by the way." He states
    lol, Charisma OP! Always Charisma OP! Which reminds me, would Sirius' Charisma produce similar effects, or are people of this city rather intra-species about their things.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

(and since Sirius seems to be playing the roll of good cop, Shiver will help out with the bad cop idea)

You can talk, or I can just splatter your head against the wall and then we see what answers ooze out of that skull of yours

Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    (1d20+22)[33]
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2015-03-25 at 01:24 PM.

- Sheldon Cooper

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Sirius looks to the side and ponders, thinking "out loud," "You know, I bet the spellcasters here can get a version of Speak With Dead that forces answers."
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    The smile never once wavers, but Psalacantha declines the offered arm... by offering hers to Sy'triniaza instead. (She had considered offering it to Malicious, but was having ethical issues about getting too friendly with a strange Rakshasa.) "I'm afraid not, we're just here on business. If you could just point us to Lady Adrenhall's office, then we'll be on our way..."
    You get the impression he's not thrilled about the ignoring the arm, but that he's willing to accept the answer. Particularity when he sees the law badges.

"Ah. Well Lady Adrenhall's office is down that way." He states pointing down the hall. "First left." He hesitates a moment before writing something down on a slip of paper. "If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to contact me." He states handing Psalacantha the slip of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthw View Post
    Thoros walks calmly around the room "Well, metaphorically maybe. But I'm glad you are already worried, it really sets the tone." Just as Thoros ends his sentence he is behind the doppelganger and bumps her shoulder with his fist.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Intimidate: [roll0] (including the +4 from being a size category larger)
    Force Shapechange: [roll1] (actually not sure if this works on them because the DC is 11+her caster level but i'm attempting it anyway)
    ...... Uh.... help.... It's ability is supernatural.... (And techinally is not on the list that force shapechange can work on.)

In any case. With that roll the ability fails.

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Before they leave, Sirius memorizes the files [Autopynosis Take 10].

Sirius props his forepaws on the table, taking his left hand and rubbing the exposed parts of his face. He looks at the Doppleganger, thinking into the minds of the group. "Sweetheart, I'm sure you thought this through very well, but it's time to be serious. Would you please take the form that makes you the most comfortable, and please tell us what gender you'd like to be considered, if any preference exists. Now, we're not here to eat you, (To Doppleganger only: or at least we shouldn't be if things go as planned) so don't worry about that. We're not really cops, though, so the whole lawyer thing will be fine and all, but understand that one of our purposes as now enforcers of the law is to get what we can before a lawyer can be assigned to you and sit in. Because that's just part of what we do. We promise plea deals and get you to talk before you can get a lawyer so we can get something done when you're likely just a piece of the puzzle. Now, should we begin, or should I turn invisible and see if there is anyone seeing in and if they have the funding for magical sight?"

Rolls:
    Bluff: [roll0]
    Intimidate: [roll1]
    Diplomacy: [roll2]
    Sense Motive: [roll3]

Spoiler: Just Comments
    Show

lol, Charisma OP! Always Charisma OP! Which reminds me, would Sirius' Charisma produce similar effects, or are people of this city rather intra-species about their things.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (and since Sirius seems to be playing the roll of good cop, Shiver will help out with the bad cop idea)

You can talk, or I can just splatter your head against the wall and then we see what answers ooze out of that skull of yours

Show
    [roll0]
    "I'm good with this form." The girl replies shaking a bit.

"What do you want?" She asks.

Spoiler: Sisus comments
    Show

He'll have the same spotlight stealing effect, but it will be less sexual then the giantess, nymph, and half-dragon sorceress get.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "I'm good with this form." The girl replies shaking a bit.

"What do you want?" She asks.

Spoiler: Sisus comments
    Show

He'll have the same spotlight stealing effect, but it will be less sexual then the giantess, nymph, and half-dragon sorceress get.
    Spoiler: Comments
    Show
    Okay, so I'm guessing it's the whole dog thing, since I only stand up to fight on most occasions.

Also, his name is Sirius, like the star. Not Sisus.

Sirius nods, "Well, I'm sure you can start with the name of your employer. And while we'd love to know any buyers who distribute, please go from the top of the pyramid down. We can start with names, then we'll get to harder questions. And if you start talking about how you'll get in trouble if you cross them, you're already in this room, if we drop you off, it'll look like you've been talking to us anyways.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

21. - Top - End - #21

Show
    Okay, so I'm guessing it's the whole dog thing, since I only stand up to fight on most occasions.

Also, his name is Sirius, like the star. Not Sisus.

Sirius nods, "Well, I'm sure you can start with the name of your employer. And while we'd love to know any buyers who distribute, please go from the top of the pyramid down. We can start with names, then we'll get to harder questions. And if you start talking about how you'll get in trouble if you cross them, you're already in this room, if we drop you off, it'll look like you've been talking to us anyways.
    Show

Also the females are all more humanoid in general appearance.

"I have more then one face." The woman replies, shifting her hair color blond, she starts to look like a medium sized Shiver.

"What do I get if I supply this information?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

You get to live and not have to shape change to be able to walk

Show
    (1d20+26)[27]

- Sheldon Cooper

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    You get to live and not have to shape change to be able to walk

Show
    [roll0]
    "My lady. I meant no disrespect. I just think you're really pretty and..." The girl replies then bows her head, and mutters something.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Sirius snaps his fingers, "Look, I'm sure she's lovely, but that's not the point. You're not trying to get a date, you're trying to get out of an interrogation room, so I suggest you start taking the most direct path and be helpful."

Listen on her Mumbling from across the table: (1d20+13)[29]
    Also, does she have any projected thoughts that I can pick up? It can happen because I've opened a telepathic channel, so it's like being in her cellphone contacts, but it's only what she wants to display or say, so I can't get a detect thoughts or anything.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

25. - Top - End - #25

Sirius snaps his fingers, "Look, I'm sure she's lovely, but that's not the point. You're not trying to get a date, you're trying to get out of an interrogation room, so I suggest you start taking the most direct path and be helpful."

Listen on her Mumbling from across the table: [roll0]
    Also, does she have any projected thoughts that I can pick up? It can happen because I've opened a telepathic channel, so it's like being in her cellphone contacts, but it's only what she wants to display or say, so I can't get a detect thoughts or anything.
    Pretty much the mumbled words, were berating herself for being a idiot.

"Well okay. Me and my supplier meet weekly. Wednesday at noon. But you guys can't meet her in my place." She states.

You get a few snippets of thoughts, no coherent sentences though.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Thoros casts Discern Lies, concentrating on the doppelganger. (Will Save DC17)
    Show
    None Currently

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Sirius's tail wags a bit and his lips pull up at the corners in imitation of a smile. "Oh, I'm sure we can't. That would involve us not needing you. But while that's a wonderful start, I'd like an address, and a list of names and faces. You can just think the faces over."
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Jthw View Post
    Thoros casts Discern Lies, concentrating on the doppelganger. (Will Save DC17)
    The girl fails her save against the spell.

"Wait what are you casting?" She says panicking.

Sirius's tail wags a bit and his lips pull up at the corners in imitation of a smile. "Oh, I'm sure we can't. That would involve us not needing you. But while that's a wonderful start, I'd like an address, and a list of names and faces. You can just think the faces over."
    You get an address, and some names. You all get the impression, that she's not giving you all of them.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Sirius uses Autohypnosis to memorize the given information, and then waves a hand. "Go on, go on. Who's the boss? What are the rest of the names? Did you ever sell to children? How much of your "product" is in circulation?"
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

In a stern yet monotone voice Thoros replies "Just hope that you won't need to worry about it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume you will tell me whenever she when she does lie and fail the save because how the spell works is she can always lie weather she fails or not, I just know if somethings a lie of she fails and its a lie. Total duration of 12 rounds.
    Show
    None Currently