New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Monstercops. (IC thread)

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Sirius uses Autohypnosis to memorize the given information, and then waves a hand. "Go on, go on. Who's the boss? What are the rest of the names? Did you ever sell to children? How much of your "product" is in circulation?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jthw View Post
    In a stern yet monotone voice Thoros replies "Just hope that you won't need to worry about it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume you will tell me whenever she when she does lie and fail the save because how the spell works is she can always lie weather she fails or not, I just know if somethings a lie of she fails and its a lie. Total duration of 12 rounds.
    "I have my rights, against divination magic. I want a lawyer." She clams up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

"I am sure your lawyer is on his way, its just a lot easier and a lot quicker for you to answer these questions." Thoros then looks to his partners. "Please, continue asking questions if you have any more."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Psalacantha is happy enough to accept the paper. "Thank you, Mister Aust." She doesn't read it yet, but consigns it to a pocket for if it's needed later. One more smile, and she heads off to the teacher's office, hoping her colleagues will be following after.

When she gets to the right door, she'll go with the normal approach: Knock, and wait for a response.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Psalacantha is happy enough to accept the paper. "Thank you, Mister Aust." She doesn't read it yet, but consigns it to a pocket for if it's needed later. One more smile, and she heads off to the teacher's office, hoping her colleagues will be following after.

When she gets to the right door, she'll go with the normal approach: Knock, and wait for a response.
    A young elven man opens the door.

"Are you looking for Lady Adrenhall?" He asks confused.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Diplomacy: Taking 10 for a 37.

Even on autopilot, it's amazing what you can do with the right smile. "I am, actually. Do you know where she is, or were you looking for her as well?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Your lawyer isn't going to be able to help you if your skull gets turned to mush

Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    (1d20+26)[28]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

7. - Top - End - #37

Diplomacy: Taking 10 for a 37.

Even on autopilot, it's amazing what you can do with the right smile. "I am, actually. Do you know where she is, or were you looking for her as well?"
    "I'm her secretary." The elf replies. "She's teaching basic enchantments right now. Why are you looking for her?" He asks.

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Your lawyer isn't going to be able to help you if your skull gets turned to mush

Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    [roll0]
    The woman cowers and tries to put Sirius and Thoros between her and Shiver.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Psalacantha retrieves her badge from one of her tunic pockets and shows it to the elf. "We're not after her, specifically. We just needed to make contact with the faculty, and we were told she was the closest.

I don't get to visit the academy much, so excuse my ignorance on this point, but: Is she likely to be long? And if she is, could we get answers faster by going to one of the other faculty members?
    "

9. - Top - End - #39

Psalacantha retrieves her badge from one of her tunic pockets and shows it to the elf. "We're not after her, specifically. We just needed to make contact with the faculty, and we were told she was the closest.

I don't get to visit the academy much, so excuse my ignorance on this point, but: Is she likely to be long? And if she is, could we get answers faster by going to one of the other faculty members?
    "
    "She'll be in class all morning." He replies apologetically.

"You'd be better off with the master of Abjuration. Her office is just above ours, and she's free Monday morning. Failing that, the master of divination, is at the end of this hall. She's free because of a missing wizard."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Bingo.

"Last questions, and we'll leave you to your work. One, where's the nearest staircase? Two, which way along the hall is the Master of Divinations? And Three, what are both of their names?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Sirius barks at Shiver. (To Shiver and Thoros: Let's think of a different threat for next time, she's going to shut down.) Look, sweetie, I am sure my associate can calm down if you start cooperating. As I said before, we're not officially police, closer to consultants, and we don't need to play by the same rules. We can keep talking until your lawyer gets here, we're not obligated to only question you in front of him or her once you ask for one. I'm also not obligated to stop my associate should she be taken over by a violent outburst, so it's best you help us leave as quickly as possible. Please."
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

12. - Top - End - #42

Bingo.

"Last questions, and we'll leave you to your work. One, where's the nearest staircase? Two, which way along the hall is the Master of Divinations? And Three, what are both of their names?"
    The elven man leans out of the door case, and points down. "Second door on the right, The mistress of divinations." He corrects gently. "Is all the way down on the left. The mistress of abjuration's name is Jillian. The mistress of divination's is Charmaine" He states.

Which one do you go to first?

13. - Top - End - #43

Sirius barks at Shiver. (To Shiver and Thoros: Let's think of a different threat for next time, she's going to shut down.) Look, sweetie, I am sure my associate can calm down if you start cooperating. As I said before, we're not officially police, closer to consultants, and we don't need to play by the same rules. We can keep talking until your lawyer gets here, we're not obligated to only question you in front of him or her once you ask for one. I'm also not obligated to stop my associate should she be taken over by a violent outburst, so it's best you help us leave as quickly as possible. Please."
    The doppleganger looked somewhat calmed down, before you mentioned the lack of obligation. At this point she's hiding under the table.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Once Psalacantha's excused herself from the secretary, she'll head for the Mistress of Divinations. 'Free because of a missing wizard' just sounds so... promising.

Once there, she will once again knock and wait for a response.

15. - Top - End - #45

Once Psalacantha's excused herself from the secretary, she'll head for the Mistress of Divinations. 'Free because of a missing wizard' just sounds so... promising.

Once there, she will once again knock and wait for a response.
    "Come in Psalacantha and friends." You hear a halfling woman's voice state.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Psalacantha let herself into the room when invited to do so.

Diplomacy: Taking 10 for a 37, again.

"I do wish I knew how you'd known it was us. But I think I'd rather you didn't tell me. At best, the explanation would require a knowledge of the Arcane that I, personally, lack. And at worst, Minister Edley just sent word ahead about our coming. Some things are best left as mysteries, I think.

So, for your second trick: Do you know what we're here for?
    "

Psalacantha is visibly restraining an amused grin during her introduction, having apparently taken the Diviner's display as something akin to a magic show.

17. - Top - End - #47

Psalacantha let herself into the room when invited to do so.

Diplomacy: Taking 10 for a 37, again.

"I do wish I knew how you'd known it was us. But I think I'd rather you didn't tell me. At best, the explanation would require a knowledge of the Arcane that I, personally, lack. And at worst, Minister Edley just sent word ahead about our coming. Some things are best left as mysteries, I think.

So, for your second trick: Do you know what we're here for?
    "

Psalacantha is visibly restraining an amused grin during her introduction, having apparently taken the Diviner's display as something akin to a magic show.
    "I don't need divination for that. You here about Jenna Copperarm. Any news?" The Halfling asks obviously pained.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

...Then where did you know my name from? I haven't introduced myself to anyone on this visit, and I'm not the only nymph in this city...

To her credit, Psalacantha drops the hints of levity once she's had a chance to assess the halfling's mood.

"Not yet, I'm afraid. We've only just started the investigation.

Could we trouble you for a recap of what is known about her and her disappearance? We were given a casefile, but it contained little more than her name and the academy's address...
    "

19. - Top - End - #49

...Then where did you know my name from? I haven't introduced myself to anyone on this visit, and I'm not the only nymph in this city...

To her credit, Psalacantha drops the hints of levity once she's had a chance to assess the halfling's mood.

"Not yet, I'm afraid. We've only just started the investigation.

Could we trouble you for a recap of what is known about her and her disappearance? We were given a casefile, but it contained little more than her name and the academy's address...
    "
    "Hmm. She's like a daughter to me. Lord knows she needs it." Charmaine starts looking forlorn. "As it is. I don't know much about her social life. You'd be better off asking around campus for that. I think she lives in the apartment block, reserved for academy students." Charmaine replies tapping her lips.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    The doppleganger looked somewhat calmed down, before you mentioned the lack of obligation. At this point she's hiding under the table.
    Sirius hangs his headend his ears fold back. He hops off the table, looking the doppelganger in the eyes. He pads over a few steps and sits beside her on his hind legs. "Sweetheart, we're not actually going to hurt you. No just calm down. We need this information, and I promise you won't get hurt. We're not after one shapeshifter, so please. You don't have to get out from under here, you can just tell us. This is just government bull**** that investigators use to scare you into saying things before you have a lawyer. Now we're not the cops, so if you tell us things, I can make sure no one knows it was you that tipped us off. Just answer the questions." He leans in a bit, giving a sigh. "I here petting dogs helps with anxiety."
    Last edited by supernerd; 2015-03-25 at 08:26 PM.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Thoros squats down and looks at the doppleganger, now talking in a calmer tone. "He is right, so can you do us a favor and get a 'gut feeling.'" he says using his fingers to signify air quotes.

22. - Top - End - #52

Sirius hangs his headend his ears fold back. He hops off the table, looking the doppelganger in the eyes. He pads over a few steps and sits beside her on his hind legs. "Sweetheart, we're not actually going to hurt you. No just calm down. We need this information, and I promise you won't get hurt. We're not after one shapeshifter, so please. You don't have to get out from under here, you can just tell us. This is just government bull**** that investigators use to scare you into saying things before you have a lawyer. Now we're not the cops, so if you tell us things, I can make sure no one knows it was you that tipped us off. Just answer the questions." He leans in a bit, giving a sigh. "I here petting dogs helps with anxiety."
    She gives you off the full list of her buyers. She cannot give you a name on her supplier, she doesn't know it.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Sirius sends over a happy feeling, and looks to his teammates. "Well, if I can get a face, then we should be fine for the supplier, that should be fine and I can think it over to the sketch artists. Otherwise we're gonna have to give this one a Mark of Justice for a sting operation and then remove it once we get the thing over with."
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

24. - Top - End - #54

Sirius sends over a happy feeling, and looks to his teammates. "Well, if I can get a face, then we should be fine for the supplier, that should be fine and I can think it over to the sketch artists. Otherwise we're gonna have to give this one a Mark of Justice for a sting operation and then remove it once we get the thing over with."
    The Doppleganger shakes her head at the mark of justice.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sy'triniaza follows around all quiet and watchful like. Her tail telling no lies that she wanted to pounce hug a few handsome and pretty people. But she restrains herself as everyone here was a wizard of some kind or another and it would do to do that with them, Szune always places respect on the magical using people. She lets Psalacantha do her thing a slight look of envy. The Nymph apparently was good at getting people to talk, a thing Sy'triniaza seems to find a little hard to allow, but well the Nymph... was a Nymph and Sy'triniaza was not one of those. She wouldn't dare to throw Draconian Intimidate anywhere around her, besides it wasn't her style.

"If I may," she asks gently with a hint of curiosity and a slight bow of her head. "Does Jenna have problems here? Desires that might cause her issues?"
    Last edited by Myllinnia; 2015-03-26 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Spelling Corrections

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

With a smile, Shiver smoothes out the collar and shoulders of the doppleganger after she talks.

(visually, think the way hired muscle smooths out a person after roughing them up)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #57

Malicious... wasn’t really that happy with the situation in all honestly. Simply trailing around with the group he ended up stuck with, including the annoying nymph who for some reason believed that ‘trust’ was actually something important. Through Malicious was smart enough to restrain his laughter at this, no need to purposefully antagonize his work-mates.

Still, it was simply insulting for the Rakshasa to simply trail alongside behind the others. One of his caliber should be living a dangerous life, ready to fight against the hardest of criminals, like his old acquaintances... as it was, he was trying to find a girl who likely ran away from home. Still, Malicious wasn’t dumb either, and he scoffed at the questions that were asked. “Really? Those are the questions you start with? Instead of the circumstances before her disappearance? The trail always starts from when they were last seen, even I know that.” As part of his... previous work, Malicious sometimes had to put some effort into finding people who wanted to disappear... and then making sure they did.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

So, our Rakshasa is an ass. But not a stupid one. There are worse types of colleague to have.

Psalacantha takes a few moments to glare at Malicious. It's not that she disagreed with what he was asking for - she'd asked for details on student and disappearance both, only to have Sy'triniaza interrupt before she could prod the teacher to answer the other half of the question. The issue here was that openly questioning the competence of his colleagues (over what is, after all, little more than a slight delay) in public was the sort of habit they'd have to break him out of, and quickly. It would only get harder for the rest of them to operate if the public managed, somehow, to get it into their head that they didn't work well together - or didn't know what they were doing...

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Thoros looks at the doppleganger and asks with a slightly sympathetic tone, "Do you know what your supplier looks like? Otherwise a mark of justice would be the best course of action, if you would feel better about it I can cast the mark myself tomorrow."

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Myllinnia View Post
    Sy'triniaza follows around all quiet and watchful like. Her tail telling no lies that she wanted to pounce hug a few handsome and pretty people. But she restrains herself as everyone here was a wizard of some kind or another and it would do to do that with them, Szune always places respect on the magical using people. She lets Psalacantha do her thing a slight look of envy. The Nymph apparently was good at getting people to talk, a thing Sy'triniaza seems to find a little hard to allow, but well the Nymph... was a Nymph and Sy'triniaza was not one of those. She wouldn't dare to throw Draconian Intimidate anywhere around her, besides it wasn't her style.

"If I may," she asks gently with a hint of curiosity and a slight bow of her head. "Does Jenna have problems here? Desires that might cause her issues?"
    "She had no problems with coursework. And I don't know of any social problems. Though that doesn't mean that there wasn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestfury View Post
    Malicious... wasn’t really that happy with the situation in all honestly. Simply trailing around with the group he ended up stuck with, including the annoying nymph who for some reason believed that ‘trust’ was actually something important. Through Malicious was smart enough to restrain his laughter at this, no need to purposefully antagonize his work-mates.

Still, it was simply insulting for the Rakshasa to simply trail alongside behind the others. One of his caliber should be living a dangerous life, ready to fight against the hardest of criminals, like his old acquaintances... as it was, he was trying to find a girl who likely ran away from home. Still, Malicious wasn’t dumb either, and he scoffed at the questions that were asked. “Really? Those are the questions you start with? Instead of the circumstances before her disappearance? The trail always starts from when they were last seen, even I know that.” As part of his... previous work, Malicious sometimes had to put some effort into finding people who wanted to disappear... and then making sure they did.
    "Last time I saw Jenna was in class." Charmaine replies

So, our Rakshasa is an ass. But not a stupid one. There are worse types of colleague to have.

Psalacantha takes a few moments to glare at Malicious. It's not that she disagreed with what he was asking for - she'd asked for details on student and disappearance both, only to have Sy'triniaza interrupt before she could prod the teacher to answer the other half of the question. The issue here was that openly questioning the competence of his colleagues (over what is, after all, little more than a slight delay) in public was the sort of habit they'd have to break him out of, and quickly. It would only get harder for the rest of them to operate if the public managed, somehow, to get it into their head that they didn't work well together - or didn't know what they were doing...
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    With a smile, Shiver smoothes out the collar and shoulders of the doppleganger after she talks.

(visually, think the way hired muscle smooths out a person after roughing them up)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jthw View Post
    Thoros looks at the doppleganger and asks with a slightly sympathetic tone, "Do you know what your supplier looks like? Otherwise a mark of justice would be the best course of action, if you would feel better about it I can cast the mark myself tomorrow."
    "My supplier's a shapeshifter like me." The doppleganger admits.