New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

eek How would you stat an itty-bitty Ooze that disguises itself as a beverage?

I recently found in my notes an old idea for an Ooze that's small and colorless enough that it can disguise itself as a beverage (or within one), get itself imbibed, maybe hang out halfway down the esophagus for a while, and then feed on the insides of its imbiber. I have this vision of a body being found in an inn with a chestburster-style hole in it, and a sufficiently observant representative of CSI:D&D might notice that the hole wasn't formed from something going in...but something emerging... Cue widespread paranoia.

Seems to me that it might be a pretty simple thing to stat out, but I'm wondering (a) if anybody's already done something like this and (b) what you folks might do, in terms of CR etc. Maybe there's a specific monster ability it should have, above and beyond the regular ooze stuff.
    "This civilization has not yet fully recovered from the shock of its birth — the transition from the tribal or 'enclosed society,' with its submission to magical forces, to the 'open society' which sets free the critical powers of man." - Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies, 1945

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: How would you stat an itty-bitty Ooze that disguises itself as a beverage?

let me paraphrase the idea you want this forum to made tiny colorless ooze for encounter in your camping

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: How would you stat an itty-bitty Ooze that disguises itself as a beverage?

I'd use this for the base.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Beautiful... I didn't even think to check Pathfinder. Thanks Milo!
    "This civilization has not yet fully recovered from the shock of its birth — the transition from the tribal or 'enclosed society,' with its submission to magical forces, to the 'open society' which sets free the critical powers of man." - Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies, 1945