New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Generalist Wizard Arcane Tradition

A character of mine has no particular reason to specialize in a school of magic (indeed, it would be somewhat contrary to his backstoy). As a result, I would have been interested in creating a Generalist-type Wizard. So far, all I have is a potential replacement for the 'X Savant' that other traditions receive: the character pays three quarters cost for all spell components and the inscribing of all spells.

Any suggestions for other features? I'm only planning to total six levels in Wizard, so I only need design up to there, but would prefer to have full progression up to 14.
    Forum Avatar courtesy of Chd
    I am: Absolute Neutral: -2 Chaos, -5 Evil, and +22 Balance!\

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    There are laser guns in the DMG, brain-eating green aliens in the MM, and the PHB has a whole character archetype built around making a deal with Cthulhu to get magic lasers.

I don't think lightsabers are much of a stretch here.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Generalist Wizard Arcane Tradition

Here's the one I elaborate, it's not finale yet, but could be a good start for you.
    Arcane Tradition - Universalist

Make sure to read all the posts, some people did useful comments that are not yet edited in the Universalist description
    Last edited by DanyBallon; 2015-04-02 at 06:01 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Generalist Wizard Arcane Tradition

Looks nice. I searched for Generalist rather than Universalist in the forum, so I missed it.
    Forum Avatar courtesy of Chd
    I am: Absolute Neutral: -2 Chaos, -5 Evil, and +22 Balance!\

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    There are laser guns in the DMG, brain-eating green aliens in the MM, and the PHB has a whole character archetype built around making a deal with Cthulhu to get magic lasers.

I don't think lightsabers are much of a stretch here.