Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 480
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Praise the Sun!

    What do you need for a deity? Well, I need a bit.ly to organize my threads because my sig is too full of BB code. Oh, for the writing you will need a name, a backstory, a ranking (lesser/intermediate/greater) a favored weapons, a pantheon, a protfolio, and some domains.

    This has happened before, and it is back by popular request.


    Remember to have permission first. Post permisson below

    Requests and permissions.
    Snowbluff
    Atemu1234
    Weaselguy
    Red Fel
    Loyal Paladin
    Psybomb
    eggynack
    Yanisa
    Elricaltovilla
    ZamielVanWeber
    Deities By Pantheon

    Loyal Forces:
    Loyal Paladin and Palladian

    The Path of War
    Elric, the Artist of War


    Unsorted Deities

    Up to page 7.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-16 at 02:56 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Allow me to volunteer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WeaselGuy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Assuming of course that I am known enough to be considered a regular, I'd be interested to see what people come up for me. So, I'm in... somebody please make me into a deity
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-04-02 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComaVision View Post
    My ten foot pole and I are going to go prod less dangerous traps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserlight View Post
    Your hexblade turns out to be a holy sword imbued with the spirit of R Lee Ermey. "Stand up straight, maggot! Shoulders back, chin up, eyes front, and suck in that gut! I'm going to make a man out of you, maggot, even if it kills you!"
    My Extended Sig!
    Kobold Weasel Rider Avatar done by ThePrez1776
    House Min'Doan PbP - Zif'coip Min'Doan

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Yes... Yes! It is time. It is the time... of Red Fel.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-04-02 at 10:07 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    The LoyalPaladin joins the fray! I give permission.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-02 at 10:08 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    I hearby grant permission to make me a deity.
    ... if multiple interpretations come up, I'm more than happy to be one of those gods of many aspects.

    PsyBomb
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-04-02 at 10:22 AM.
    Avatar by Elder Tsofu

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

    Extended Signature HERE

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    I, eggynack, shall again give up my likeness for the purposes of deity production.
    Last edited by eggynack; 2015-04-02 at 10:25 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Yanisa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Not the most regular of regulars, but if any of the loyal subjects here wants to.. I, Yanisa, grant permission for it.




    Fun Fact: Yanisa is the name of a daughter of a god in my campaign setting. Do well and I might incorporate it in my campaign setting.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

    Avatar by Akrim.elf
    ___

    What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    ..

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    OK, I'm game. Elricaltovilla

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yes... Yes! It is time. It is the time... of Red Fel.
    Dibs! I call Red!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Dibs! I call Red!
    No dibs. Multiple entries are allowed per Giant.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    What Snowbluff really meant to do was this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Dibs! I call Snow!
    No dibs. As many people can deify me as they like.
    I'd like to take a crack at deifying someone when I get off of work.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-02 at 11:41 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    ... After this thread, we will have nearly enough material to run a Playgrounder Game. Is it considered narcissistic if I run a Psikal Vizier worshiper of PsyBomb, who uses a PsyBomb's Corrective Aid, takes feat to bind PsyBomb the Empowerer, and UMDs a wand of PsyBomb's Flaw Finder?
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-04-02 at 12:01 PM.
    Avatar by Elder Tsofu

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

    Extended Signature HERE

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    What Snowbluff really meant to do was this:

    Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    ... After this thread, we will have nearly enough material to run a Playgrounder Game. Is it considered narcissistic if I run a Psikal Vizier worshiper of PsyBomb, who takes feat to bind PsyBomb and UMDs the Wall of Calculations?
    No be mad if I run a Snowbluffian Tenebrous Apostate worshipper of Snowbluff the Curator with a Snowbluff's Empty Binder while binding Snowbluff.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-02 at 12:02 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    I might as well give my permission. I am a regular lurker (and even occasional poster).
    Last edited by ZamielVanWeber; 2015-04-03 at 08:54 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    The LoyalPaladin joins the fray! I give permission.
    LoyalPaladin
    Alignment: LAWFUL GOOD
    Rank: Intermediate Deity
    Domains: Good, Law, Protection, Glory, War
    Symbol: A holy stick being shoved up some poor soul's bum A silver spear head surrounded by white flames
    Favored Weapon: Bastard Sword
    Beliefs and Tenets: LoyalPaladin is the champion of goodly and innocent folk all over the world. His followers are known for their ceaseless devotion to law and order and their dedication to protecting those who cannot protect themselves. The church of LoyalPaladin is made up of knightly orders of warrior priests, and boasts the largest group of Paladins of any deity. Followers are expected to respect legitimate local authority, aid and protect the less fortunate, provide wise council and cool heads, and generally act in the best interest of their fellows.

    The church accepts any who wish to join, but expects dedication and zeal from its followers, as theirs is a hard road full of ceaseless toil. Even members of evil races who seek the light are welcomed, as redemption is the right of all sentient beings.

    Holidays: LoyalPaladin expects his followers to celebrate the life that is given to them each day and work to better the world around them, but he does allow for days of celebration. The last four days of the year are dedicated to rest and reflection on the actions of the previous year, and LoyalPaladin encourages his followers to enjoy local celebrations as well, so long as they do so in moderation.

    Godly Relationships: LoyalPaladin finds himself diametrically opposed to the god Red Fel, although their interactions are surprisingly cordial. He often works with other deities of War, Good or Law, although he despises Evil gods and refuses to ally with them unless a much greater threat presents itself.

    Mortal Champions: LoyalPaladin's Mortal Champions are all high level Paladins. They are trusted to act independently and to seek out and destroy evil, while promoting the cause of good.
    The Smiling Guardian- Paladin X/Monk X/Sacred Fist X. A mysterious traveler who poses as a nobleman, commoner, merchant or even a slave. He travels the world righting wrongs, guiding the faithful and teaching lessons. He has a bit of a trickster side to him, but is unerringly good.

    The Advocate- Paladin 10/Grey Guard 10. The path to hell is paved with good intentions, and so the church of LoyalPaladin supports this most holy of positions to act as an outside perspective on the church's actions, and to challenge them to strive for a truer and more impactful dedication to good.

    The White Knight- Paladin 20. A ceaseless champion of good and light, the White Knight is a title passed down among the strongest and most loyal Paladins of LoyalPaladin's service. Blessed by the vigor of their god, The White Knight needs no rest, no food, and no water, being sustained entirely by their dedication to Law and Good.

    Spoiler: Reasoning
    Show

    So, I avoided making a mockery of the Paladin orders, but man was it hard. The bastard sword was selected as the favored weapon because its useful as both a one and two handed weapon, which are the two preferred styles of combat for a Paladin. The champions were for fun, but idk how to build any actual paladins, so the sacred fist guy is left to your imagination, unless someone wants to make some suggestions.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    ... After this thread, we will have nearly enough material to run a Playgrounder Game. Is it considered narcissistic if I run a Psikal Vizier worshiper of PsyBomb, who uses a PsyBomb's Corrective Aid, takes feat to bind PsyBomb the Empowerer, and UMDs a wand of PsyBomb's Flaw Finder?
    Oh dear. Let me dig mine up... well, I guess I have to be a Paladine Paladin that worships Paladine in the town of Palanthans, in the kingdom of Palanor. Located on the continent of Palinius, that is on planet Palnet. Located in the Palladia cluster on the outer arm of the Pal Galaxy. Near the constellation of Palsterberous.

    I knew that thread would server me well some time...

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Nailed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    LoyalPaladin
    Alignment: LAWFUL GOOD
    You've done me proud.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-02 at 12:26 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    ^ An excellent example!
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    The LoyalPaladin joins the fray! I give permission.
    Doin' the thing, LP. Let's go.

    Spoiler: Palladian, The Hero of Knights
    Show
    In days of old, there were many gods who are no longer among us. This was a savage time, where the land was inhospitable, the world was ravaged, and man's life was brutal, nasty, and short. Principles held no value when survival was paramount. Those who wielded weapons fortified themselves behind walls and gates, leaving only to pillage the lands around them. Those who had no weapons didn't last long.

    Nobody knows the origins of the man called Palladian. He never showed his face, constantly concealing it behind the visor of a helmet. He was rarely seen without his armor, a simple suit of silvered plate with a golden sun emblazoned across the chest. He rarely spoke, only doing so to issue homilies about justice and virtue. All that was known is that one day, he arrived in the land, heavily armed, possessed of equal parts virtue and violent zeal. It was this latter quality that brought him fame, for he set about battering down the gates of tyrants, breaking the chains of the oppressed, and creating peace and order in his wake. Yet no sooner would he complete his task than he would vanish, taking no reward and leaving no trace.

    He soon achieved mythic status. People believed him some sort of spirit, or god, wandering the land and forging a new, just order from the cruel chaos that preceded him. In time, a faith grew around Palladian. An order of knights, paladins, and clerics, calling themselves the Knights of Sol, formed around the ideal that he represented. When people were oppressed, and cried out for justice, they cried out to Palladian; when they were rescued by knights wearing sun crests, they attributed the heroism to Palladian.

    Perhaps this was what caused the man Palladian to ascent to godhood. Or perhaps he always was a god. There are many mysteries from that age which are still unexplained.

    Dogma
    Palladian has the highest standards of his followers. He expects them to be walking symbols of purity, righteousness, and justice. Outsiders see these expectations as unreasonable, even ludicrous, but followers of Palladian believe that their god simply expects them to exceed their limits, and to be the best that they can possibly be. This, in fact, is the core tenet of the followers of Palladian: to strive each day to be a better person than the last, to inspire greatness in yourself and in others, and to live as though you could be called upon at any moment to save the world.

    Clergy and Temples
    Palladian's clergy are an orderly meritocracy. His divine proxies take an active role in selecting and grooming the purest, noblest, and most righteous for promotion; those who aspire to greatness have the burden of showing their worth as holy warriors. The clergy of Palladian is primarily a martial order; while a few Clerics act as logistics officers or medics, most of his clergy are devoted to continuing the war against Evil and injustice in all its forms.

    Churches of Palladian are rare, due to their sophistication. Palladian's churches tend to be vast, vaulted cathedrals, with high ceilings and great, massive windows, to allow in a maximum amount of natural light. Each church also prominently features bell towers, and is build in such a place that the bells can be heard from miles around, a clarion call to prayer or a martial rally. The church itself tends to form the center of a fortified keep, with barracks for warriors, stables for horses, and warehouses with enough supplies to withstand a siege. The church, being a martial order, tends to depend upon the kindness and gratitude of local farmers and merchants for food and supplies, but returns the favor by standing as an unbreakable bulwark against bandits and invasions. All who fight for righteousness or seek protection from Evil are welcome to rest within its walls.

    Palladian
    The Hero of Knights, The Light of Justice, Retribution's Wing
    Intermediate Deity
    Symbol: A sword, in front of a sun, in front of a shield
    Home Plane: Celestia
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Portfolio: Paladins, justice, righteous war
    Worshipers: Paladins, righteous warriors, anyone seeking protection from Evil
    Cleric Alignments: LG, NG. Palladian does not accept Chaotic or non-Good clergy.
    Domains: Good, Law, Retribution, War
    Favored Weapon: Greatsword

    Pantheon: Good
    Relationships: TBD


    And... Dangit, swordsage'd.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-04-02 at 12:51 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Dang LP, only two in here so far and they're both you. Interesting how much they intersect, too, you've made quite an impression
    Avatar by Elder Tsofu

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

    Extended Signature HERE

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Doin' the thing, LP. Let's go.

    Spoiler: Palladian, The Hero of Knights
    Show
    In days of old, there were many gods who are no longer among us. This was a savage time, where the land was inhospitable, the world was ravaged, and man's life was brutal, nasty, and short. Principles held no value when survival was paramount. Those who wielded weapons fortified themselves behind walls and gates, leaving only to pillage the lands around them. Those who had no weapons didn't last long.

    Nobody knows the origins of the man called Palladian. He never showed his face, constantly concealing it behind the visor of a helmet. He was rarely seen without his armor, a simple suit of silvered plate with a golden sun emblazoned across the chest. He rarely spoke, only doing so to issue homilies about justice and virtue. All that was known is that one day, he arrived in the land, heavily armed, possessed of equal parts virtue and violent zeal. It was this latter quality that brought him fame, for he set about battering down the gates of tyrants, breaking the chains of the oppressed, and creating peace and order in his wake. Yet no sooner would he complete his task than he would vanish, taking no reward and leaving no trace.

    He soon achieved mythic status. People believed him some sort of spirit, or god, wandering the land and forging a new, just order from the cruel chaos that preceded him. In time, a faith grew around Palladian. An order of knights, paladins, and clerics, calling themselves the Knights of Sol, formed around the ideal that he represented. When people were oppressed, and cried out for justice, they cried out to Palladian; when they were rescued by knights wearing sun crests, they attributed the heroism to Palladian.

    Perhaps this was what caused the man Palladian to ascent to godhood. Or perhaps he always was a god. There are many mysteries from that age which are still unexplained.

    Dogma
    Palladian has the highest standards of his followers. He expects them to be walking symbols of purity, righteousness, and justice. Outsiders see these expectations as unreasonable, even ludicrous, but followers of Palladian believe that their god simply expects them to exceed their limits, and to be the best that they can possibly be. This, in fact, is the core tenet of the followers of Palladian: to strive each day to be a better person than the last, to inspire greatness in yourself and in others, and to live as though you could be called upon at any moment to save the world.

    Clergy and Temples
    Palladian's clergy are an orderly meritocracy. His divine proxies take an active role in selecting and grooming the purest, noblest, and most righteous for promotion; those who aspire to greatness have the burden of showing their worth as holy warriors. The clergy of Palladian is primarily a martial order; while a few Clerics act as logistics officers or medics, most of his clergy are devoted to continuing the war against Evil and injustice in all its forms.

    Churches of Palladian are rare, due to their sophistication. Palladian's churches tend to be vast, vaulted cathedrals, with high ceilings and great, massive windows, to allow in a maximum amount of natural light. Each church also prominently features bell towers, and is build in such a place that the bells can be heard from miles around, a clarion call to prayer or a martial rally. The church itself tends to form the center of a fortified keep, with barracks for warriors, stables for horses, and warehouses with enough supplies to withstand a siege. The church, being a martial order, tends to depend upon the kindness and gratitude of local farmers and merchants for food and supplies, but returns the favor by standing as an unbreakable bulwark against bandits and invasions. All who fight for righteousness or seek protection from Evil are welcome to rest within its walls.

    Palladian
    The Hero of Knights, The Light of Justice, Retribution's Wing
    Intermediate God
    Symbol: A sword, in front of a sun, in front of a shield
    Home Plane: Celestia
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Portfolio: Paladins, justice, righteous war
    Worshipers: Paladins, righteous warriors, anyone seeking protection from Evil
    Cleric Alignments: LG, NG. Palladian does not accept Chaotic or non-Good clergy.
    Domains: Good, Law, Retribution, War
    Favored Weapon: Greatsword

    Pantheon: TBD
    Relationships: TBD


    And... Dangit, swordsage'd.
    This is also extensively awesome. Red Fel, though we directly oppose eachother, I am glad we can be cordial with one another. Also, since you're probably the playgrounder I know best, I will get to work on a Red Fel deity as swiftly as I can.

    Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Dang LP, only two in here so far and they're both you. Interesting how much they intersect, too, you've made quite an impression
    I'm a little in shock as well! I either expected to have a mockery made of Paladins or Snowbluff to create a deity that would cause the downfall of this thread to gifs from the two of us.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-02 at 12:34 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    This is also extensively awesome. Red Fel, though we directly oppose eachother, I am glad we can be cordial with one another. Also, since you're probably the playgrounder I know best, I will get to work on a Red Fel deity as swiftly as I can.
    I was gonna make a Red Fel as an apology for swordsaging him, but I guess you go ahead.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I was gonna make a Red Fel as an apology for swordsaging him, but I guess you go ahead.
    I guess Atemu wanted to as well. We all know that any deity we create for him is just going to be aspects of a more sinister evil lurking somewhere in Baator. For all we know, even Asmodeus is but an aspect.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I guess Atemu wanted to as well. We all know that any deity we create for him is just going to be aspects of a more sinister evil lurking somewhere in Baator. For all we know, even Asmodeus is but an aspect.
    So what you're saying is that Red Fel is a pantheon unto himself?

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Speaking of Pantheons, we have four primary ones right now (discussed in prior threads):

    Good
    Evil
    Path of War
    Akasha

    ... and I vote Red Fel as Greater Deity of the Evil pantheon. I'd write it, but I'm fairly sure I'll get swordsaged pretty hard.
    Avatar by Elder Tsofu

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

    Extended Signature HERE

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Speaking of Pantheons, we have four primary ones right now (discussed in prior threads):

    Good
    Evil
    Path of War
    Akasha

    ... and I vote Red Fel as Greater Deity of the Evil pantheon. I'd write it, but I'm fairly sure I'll get swordsaged pretty hard.
    Akasha is fine, but the other ones might need renaming. Good and Evil DEFINITELY do. Those are boring.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Akasha is fine, but the other ones might need renaming. Good and Evil DEFINITELY do. Those are boring.
    How about Anal Retentive and Anal Expulsive?

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    OK, I'm game. Elricaltovilla
    You just had to Swordsage me, didn't you? Be glad I didn't make you God of Swordsages. Because that would be just plain weird.

    Spoiler: Elric, The Artist of War
    Show
    Apotheosis is a funny thing. There are those who were gods since time immemorial, others who became gods by being designated by the divine, and others who stumbled upon godhood via happy accident. And then there are those who achieve it simply because mortality can no longer contain their excellence.

    Elric was born to the sword. He lived by the sword. He traveled to myriad monasteries, knightly orders, and military training camps, mastering each style, each weapon, each technique in turn. Although he was occasionally called upon to command armies or conduct campaigns, he did not seek the battlefield. He never sought the glory of war; he simply sought to master its means.

    Age brings frailty to some, but to Elric it brought inspiration. Having mastered every technique he could find, he determined to set about creating new ones. It is believed that the first Blade Magic techniques were born from the fevered mind of the master himself. It is known for certain that he had a hand in creating several disciplines still studied today, including the Elemental Flux, Mithral Current, Piercing Thunder and Tempest Gale disciplines.

    When at last his time came, Elric was ushered, not unto the afterlife, but unto the hall of the gods. He had ascended, and would now stand as a symbol to those who would seek to refine and master the art of war. To this day, it is believed that Elric waits, believing that one day he would be surpassed and replaced by still a greater master of combat. But until that time comes, he is revered for his unparalleled technique and dedication.

    Dogma
    The faith of Elric is a fluid thing. Some practice his faith in martial monasteries, spending days in training and nights in prayer. Others gather in basements, offering token prayer before departing for individual projects. Elric himself requires only one thing of his followers: Training. Elric acknowledges that training takes many forms. There are those who train through rigorous discipline and repetition, and this is good, because their dedication creates a refined technique. There are those who train through drinking and indulging in life's vices, and this is good, because their free spirits create a fluid and adaptable method. There are those who train through protecting the weak, and those who train through subjugating them, and these are both good, because all disciplines require motivation. All Elric demands is that his followers never rest, never stop, but constantly strive to improve their martial skill.

    Holidays
    The most famous holiday of Elric is known as the Kumite. It is a festival of combat, where martial experts of all stripes come together to demonstrate their skill and excellence. It is held on the plains of Altovilla, in a place preserved by one of the few dedicated monasteries of Elric. Although there is a general agreement that combat is limited to the arenas, beyond the walls of the monastery, anything goes; rivalries, sabotage, even murders are not unheard of on the plains beyond the walls.

    Elric
    The Studious Master, The Technician, The Artist of War
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: A sword angled in front of a field of stars
    Home Plane: Outlands
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Portfolio: Combat, martial study
    Worshipers: Any who seek to perfect their martial skills
    Cleric Alignments: Any
    Domains: Glory, Nobility, Strength, War
    Favored Weapon: Longsword

    Pantheon: Path of War
    Relationships: TBD
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-04-02 at 01:07 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    How about Anal Retentive and Anal Expulsive?
    Ugh, no. I'm opposed to strictly alignment pantheons in the first place. The Red Knight's overdeity, Tempus, doesn't share her Lawful tendencies, after all.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Hamste's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    I give my permission. Always curious to see if anyone recognizes me in these things.
    Avatar created by Elder Tsofu

    Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •