A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 480
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    IZ42's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS! *calms down*

    OK, IZ42 gives permission. A non-lawful god of monks would be rather funny.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-04-02 at 01:04 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

    Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.


    Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Dibs! I call Red!
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Also, since you're probably the playgrounder I know best, I will get to work on a Red Fel deity as swiftly as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I was gonna make a Red Fel as an apology for swordsaging him, but I guess you go ahead.
    Yes, yes! Dance, my puppets, dance! Behold my myriad forms, and despair! We are Fel, and we are legion!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I guess Atemu wanted to as well. We all know that any deity we create for him is just going to be aspects of a more sinister evil lurking somewhere in Baator. For all we know, even Asmodeus is but an aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    So what you're saying is that Red Fel is a pantheon unto himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    ... and I vote Red Fel as Greater Deity of the Evil pantheon. I'd write it, but I'm fairly sure I'll get swordsaged pretty hard.
    Nonsense. Go right ahead and write one. Any of you. All of you. The best thing about being me... There are so many "me"s.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Akasha is fine, but the other ones might need renaming. Good and Evil DEFINITELY do. Those are boring.
    Follow the "path of" convention? Path of Righteousness, Path of Wickedness, Path of Mysticism? Maybe break away from alignments altogether, and go with concepts. Path of War covers PoW, sure, Path of Mysticism can cover Akasha... Maybe Path of Valiance, Path of Conquest, something like that?

    Heck, all else fails, just go with things like "Rider," "Saber, "Archer," "Lancer," and so forth. (Dibs on Caster, dibs on Caster!)
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    You just had to Swordsage me, didn't you? Be glad I didn't make you God of Swordsages. Because that would be just plain weird.

    Spoiler: Elric, The Artist of War
    Show
    Apotheosis is a funny thing. There are those who were gods since time immemorial, others who became gods by being designated by the divine, and others who stumbled upon godhood via happy accident. And then there are those who achieve it simply because mortality can no longer contain their excellence.

    Elric was born to the sword. He lived by the sword. He traveled to myriad monasteries, knightly orders, and military training camps, mastering each style, each weapon, each technique in turn. Although he was occasionally called upon to command armies or conduct campaigns, he did not seek the battlefield. He never sought the glory of war; he simply sought to master its means.

    Age brings frailty to some, but to Elric it brought inspiration. Having mastered every technique he could find, he determined to set about creating new ones. It is believed that the first Blade Magic techniques were born from the fevered mind of the master himself. It is known for certain that he had a hand in creating several disciplines still studied today, including the Golden Lion, Iron Tortoise, and Scarlet Throne.

    When at last his time came, Elric was ushered, not unto the afterlife, but unto the hall of the gods. He had ascended, and would now stand as a symbol to those who would seek to refine and master the art of war. To this day, it is believed that Elric waits, believing that one day he would be surpassed and replaced by still a greater master of combat. But until that time comes, he is revered for his unparalleled technique and dedication.

    Dogma
    The faith of Elric is a fluid thing. Some practice his faith in martial monasteries, spending days in training and nights in prayer. Others gather in basements, offering token prayer before departing for individual projects. Elric himself requires only one thing of his followers: Training. Elric acknowledges that training takes many forms. There are those who train through rigorous discipline and repetition, and this is good, because their dedication creates a refined technique. There are those who train through drinking and indulging in life's vices, and this is good, because their free spirits create a fluid and adaptable method. There are those who train through protecting the weak, and those who train through subjugating them, and these are both good, because all disciplines require motivation. All Elric demands is that his followers never rest, never stop, but constantly strive to improve their martial skill.

    Holidays
    The most famous holiday of Elric is known as the Kumite. It is a festival of combat, where martial experts of all stripes come together to demonstrate their skill and excellence. It is held on the plains of Altovilla, in a place preserved by one of the few dedicated monasteries of Elric. Although there is a general agreement that combat is limited to the arenas, beyond the walls of the monastery, anything goes; rivalries, sabotage, even murders are not unheard of on the plains beyond the walls.

    Elric
    The Studious Master, The Technician, The Artist of War
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: A sword angled in front of a field of stars
    Home Plane: Outlands
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Portfolio: Combat, martial study
    Worshipers: Any who seek to perfect their martial skills
    Cleric Alignments: Any
    Domains: Glory, Nobility, Strength, War
    Favored Weapon: Longsword

    Pantheon: Path of War
    Relationships: TBD
    Hey you, how about you stop being so good at writing and making me look bad by comparison?

    My only objection is that the disciplines you listed are the ones I haven't had a hand in writing. For the record mine are Mithral Current, Tempest Gale, and large parts of Elemental Flux and some Piercing Thunder. I don't just futz around with swords you know.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yes... Yes! It is time. It is the time... of Red Fel.
    Sir Red Fel, this one is for you. (I've also cruelly ripped off your format.)

    Spoiler: Malevolus, The Watcher in the Shadows
    Show
    Where there is light, there has also always been darkness. Do you ever feel as though you're being watched? Maybe you have an irrational fear of the dark? That is because no shadow is safe from the eyes of Malevolus.

    Throughout the ages, cultures have all tried to expel darkness from their homes, streets, and even their simple campsites. But this is a fruitless effort. So many people came to fear the shadows that they took on intelligence and will. Thus forming the being Malevolus.

    No one remembers when they started hearing the whispers from the dark or seeing shifting shadows in the corner of their eye, but this is Malevolus. He is always watching, always nudging you gently into his shadows, and always opposing the light.

    Dogma
    Oppose the light and Bring all to the darkness. Knowledge will bring good to it's knees, be patient and secretive. Do not fear the shadow, embrace it. Work towards a greater darkness and spread fear among those who cling to light.

    Clergy and Temples
    Malevolus has no established worship grounds, preferring to say that anywhere that excludes the light is fitting for his worship.

    Not much is known about the clergy of Malevolus, but it is said that the highest ranking clerics in his court of shadow are all high ranking vampire lords.

    Malevolus
    The Keeper of Secrets, The Lord of Fear, Darkness Incarnate
    Intermediate God
    Symbol: A figure holding a torch in it's left hand that casts a shadow of himself holding a knife instead.
    Home Plane: The Plane of Shadow
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Portfolio: Shadow, Secrets, Corruption
    Worshipers: Creatures of the Night, The Blind, Those scorned by society
    Cleric Alignments: LE, LN, NE
    Domains: Evil, Darkness, Time, Madness
    Favored Weapon: Sickle

    Pantheon: Evil
    Relationships:Malevolus opposes Palladian in secret, biding his time until his worshipers number large enough to overthrow his order.


    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yes, yes! Dance, my puppets, dance! Behold my myriad forms, and despair! We are Fel, and we are legion!
    Okay, someone has to write the greater deity Fel. Three aspects are already made! (That is including Asmodeus haha.)
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-02 at 01:16 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    IZ42's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Here we go:

    Spoiler: Snowbluff, Deity of Moe
    Show
    Among the myriad gods and deities of the various universes, there stands one apart from all others. This is Snowbluff. Snowbluff is an old god, with a presence so far reaching that his list of titles is too long to name. However, several of his most ancient titles include They Who are Moe, as well as The Creator of Creators.

    Snowbluff (Ancient Diety)
    Alignment: Snowbluff is so ancient and powerful that they are above alignment, but they are most commonly referred to as LG.
    Domains: War, Madness, Law, Chaos, Good, Evil, Trickery, Glory, Sun
    Worshippers: As the forms of Snowbluff are near infinite, there is no one that has not, even unintentionally, offered worship to them. They are all encompassing.
    Favored Weapon: Glaive
    Portfolio: Creation, Anime, Paladins
    Symbol: The face of a girl drawn in the anime style, with one half being light and cheery, with the other being dark and twisted.

    Pantheon: The Ancient Pantheon
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-04-02 at 01:49 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

    Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.


    Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    His Royal Bardness, illyahr, gives his permission. I can't wait to see what the Playground comes up with for me.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-04-02 at 01:19 PM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

    Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

    I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    That's cool, but how did I end up being Lawful?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yes, yes! Dance, my puppets, dance! Behold my myriad forms, and despair! [B][COLOR="#800080"]
    Follow the "path of" convention? Path of Righteousness, Path of Wickedness, Path of Mysticism? Maybe break away from alignments altogether, and go with concepts. Path of War covers PoW, sure, Path of Mysticism can cover Akasha... Maybe Path of Valiance, Path of Conquest, something like that?

    Heck, all else fails, just go with things like "Rider," "Saber, "Archer," "Lancer," and so forth. (Dibs on Caster, dibs on Caster!)
    Path of War works because it covers fighting in general. Akasha works because it covers those mystical energies. Valiance could work. Form some Pantheons yourselves when you get an entry, I guess. We'll see how they work out.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    IZ42's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    I'm not sure how I feel about that deity I whipped up for you Snow. Probably a good thing though. You ended up lawful because you're a paladin, and everyone knows the only acceptable alignment for paladins is LG.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-04-02 at 01:25 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

    Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.


    Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Sir Red Fel, this one is for you. (I've also cruelly ripped off your format.)

    Spoiler: Malevolus, The Watcher in the Shadows
    Show
    Where there is light, there has also always been darkness. Do you ever feel as though you're being watched? Maybe you have an irrational fear of the dark? That is because no shadow is safe from the eyes of Malevolus.

    Throughout the ages, cultures have all tried to expel darkness from their homes, streets, and even their simple campsites. But this is a fruitless effort. So many people came to fear the shadows that they took on intelligence and will. Thus forming the being Malevolus.

    No one remembers when they started hearing the whispers from the dark or seeing shifting shadows in the corner of their eye, but this is Malevolus. He is always watching, always nudging you gently into his shadows, and always opposing the light.

    Dogma
    Oppose the light and Bring all to the darkness. Knowledge will bring good to it's knees, be patient and secretive. Do not fear the shadow, embrace it. Work towards a greater darkness and spread fear among those who cling to light.

    Clergy and Temples
    Malevolus has no established worship grounds, preferring to say that anywhere that excludes the light is fitting for his worship.

    Not much is known about the clergy of Malevolus, but it is said that the highest ranking clerics in his court of shadow are all high ranking vampire lords.

    Malevolus
    The Keeper of Secrets, The Lord of Fear, Darkness Incarnate
    Intermediate God
    Symbol: A figure holding a torch in it's left hand that casts a shadow of himself holding a knife instead.
    Home Plane: The Plane of Shadow
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Portfolio: Shadow, Secrets, Corruption
    Worshipers: Creatures of the Night, The Blind, Those scorned by society
    Cleric Alignments: LE, LN, NE
    Domains: Evil, Darkness, Time, Madness
    Favored Weapon: Sickle

    Pantheon: Evil
    Relationships:Malevolus opposes Palladian in secret, biding his time until his worshipers number large enough to overthrow his order.



    Okay, someone has to write the greater deity Fel. Three aspects are already made! (That is including Asmodeus haha.)
    Ha! Eat your heart out, Tenebrous. The shadows belong to me now!

    I like how my worshipers include the blind and those scorned by society. I'm sure there was some unintentional symbolism there, but I'll take it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Path of War works because it covers fighting in general. Akasha works because it covers those mystical energies. Valiance could work. Form some Pantheons yourselves when you get an entry, I guess. We'll see how they work out.
    Bah. I don't need a pantheon. Haven't you been reading? I am a pantheon.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Ha! Eat your heart out, Tenebrous. The shadows belong to me now!

    I like how my worshipers include the blind and those scorned by society. I'm sure there was some unintentional symbolism there, but I'll take it.



    Bah. I don't need a pantheon. Haven't you been reading? I am a pantheon.
    A series of deities that comprise the Fel pantheon would be awesome.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

    Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

    I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    A series of deities that comprise the Fel pantheon would be awesome.
    You heard Ill, that's a challenge. Bring me my deities!
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    IZ42's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Here we go, Ancient Deity Fel time:

    Spoiler: Fel, Deity of Evil
    Show
    Asmodeus, Tiamat, Lucifer. The rulers of the various hells across the universe, known for being near infinite in power. Yet there is one deity so old, that all but the oldest of creatures have forgotten him, and even then, he is only remembered as a long gone memory. However, this great being is not gone, in fact, he is the very opposite. When someone speaks of Baator, they speak of him. When someone speaks of hell, they speak of him. When someone speaks of Infernus, or Abaddon, they speak of him. He is Fel, oldest ruler of hell. He is hell.

    Fel (Ancient Deity)
    Alignment: Fel is the pure embodiment of Law and utter Evil. He is LE.
    Domains: Law, Evil, Rune, Darkness, Fire, Trickery
    Worshippers: Fel is so powerful, even the devils in secret worship him, if only out of fear that his essence will consume them. All lawful and evil beings worship some form of him.
    Favored Weapon: Contract
    Portfolio: Contracts, Pure Evil, Hell, Abaddon, Baator, Infernus, Laws
    Symbol: A contract wrote in crimson, laid over horns of fire and shadow.

    Pantheon: The Ancient Pantheon


    Contract (Exotic Light Melee Weapon)
    Damage: 1d6 if medium, 1d4 if small
    Type: Slashing and Word damage
    Special: The contract can be rolled up to serve as a scroll, requiring a DC 25 perception check to tell the difference. It also serves as a true contract when needed.
    Weight: 1 lb.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-04-02 at 01:48 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

    Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.


    Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoPhoenix0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cloudcuckooland

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    I give my permission.

    Also, LoyalPaladin is clearly Neutral Evil, He just wants you to think he is Lawful Good as he goes on his crusade against fun.

    For example: LoyalPaladin-sensei, How would you react to someone lighting an entire town on fire after they got in a bar fight with some frog people from the lake?
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-04-02 at 01:48 PM.

    Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Here we go, Ancient Deity Fel time:

    Spoiler: Fel, Deity of Evil
    Show
    Asmodeus, Tiamat, Lucifer. The rulers of the various hells across the universe, known for being near infinite in power. Yet there is one deity so old, that all but the oldest of creatures have forgotten him, and even then, he is only remembered as a long gone memory. However, this great being is not gone, in fact, he is the very opposite. When someone speaks of Baator, they speak of him. When someone speaks of hell, they speak of him. When someone speaks of Infernus, or Abaddon, they speak of him. He is Fel, oldest ruler of hell. He is hell.

    Fel (Ancient Deity)
    Alignment: Fel is the pure embodiment of Law and utter Evil. He is LE.
    Domains: Law, Evil, Rune, Darkness, Fire, Trickery
    Worshippers: Fel is so powerful, even the devils in secret worship him, if only out of fear that his essence will consume them. All lawful and evil beings worship some form of him.
    Favored Weapon: Contract
    Portfolio: Contracts, Pure Evil, Hell, Abaddon, Baator, Infernus, Laws
    Symbol: A contract wrote in crimson, laid over horns of fire and shadow.


    Contract (Exotic Light Melee Weapon)
    Damage: 1d6 if medium, 1d4 if small
    Type: Slashing and Word damage
    Special: The contract can be rolled up to serve as a scroll, requiring a DC 25 perception check to tell the difference. It also serves as a true contract when needed.
    Weight: 1 lb.
    Ha! He uses a contract! Oh, that is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Delicious.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yes... Yes! It is time. It is the time... of Red Fel.
    Red Fel
    Alignment: Muahahaha!!!
    Rank: Greater Deity
    Domains: Evil, Trickery, Charm, Luck, Knowledge
    Symbol: A laughing blue skull with rubies for eyes
    Favored Weapon: spiked chain
    Beliefs and Tenets: Red Fel is an evil and insidious deity that acts to spread evil in the world in order to corrupt it towards his own ends. Possessing far more foresight than most evil deities, Red Fel makes efforts to remain on amicable terms with most other deities. His clerics follow similar ideals, often presenting themselves in a community as helpful and knowledgeable members of society so that they may slowly corrupt others to the worship of their dark lord. Clerics of Red Fel even work actively with paladins and other champions of good in order to erode at their most basic beliefs.

    Holidays: Red Fel supports frequent holidays, with much feasting and celebration so as to draw mortals into his worship. These holidays are unusually tame for an evil deity, although they tend towards far more excess than most good aligned gods would be comfortable with. It is common practice among newly established churches of Red Fel to have holidays almost every week as they establish themselves in order to bring people to their worship quickly.

    Godly Relationships: Red Fel opposes deities of good in principle, although he makes efforts to be cordial, helpful and available if they or their followers ever need his aid (after all keep your friends close, but your enemies closer). He dislikes Gruumsh because of the god's shortsightedness, but can appreciate his desire for destruction.

    Mortal Champions: Red Fel has many mortal agents that work towards his ends in secret, but a few are open about their loyalty to the dark lord.
    The Whispering Lady- Beguiler 20. She travels from town to town, always in splendor to attend the finest parties and banquets in order to gain the ear of the leaders of many countries and turn their thoughts and loyalties towards her master. An expert seductress, the Whispering Lady always manages to leave town just before her corruption and dalliances are found out.

    The Lost Child- A street urchin who travels the world posing as someone in need of rescue. She has lead many adventurers on quests of vengeance and destruction on her behalf, always delighting in the chaos and destruction she can sew by playing on the hearts of those noble fools.

    The Fiend- Advanced Marilith. When subtlety and secrecy are uncalled for, and might must rule the day, Red Fel calls upon the Fiend to lead his armies. This advanced Marilith is a master of all weapons, with aeons of military experience and a thirst for blood and death unrivaled in the multiverse. The only thing she cares for more, is her master.

    Spoiler: Reasoning
    Show

    Being the mastermind that he is, Red Fel needed to be a god of planning, cunning and skill, not just evil. So that's what I've got. Red Fel's champions are all female because what evil overlord would be caught dead without a bevy of beautiful ladies at his beck and call?
    [/QUOTE]

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    IZ42's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Red Fel
    Alignment: Muahahaha!!!
    Rank: Greater Deity
    Domains: Evil, Trickery, Charm, Luck, Knowledge
    Symbol: A laughing blue skull with rubies for eyes
    Favored Weapon: spiked chain
    Beliefs and Tenets: Red Fel is an evil and insidious deity that acts to spread evil in the world in order to corrupt it towards his own ends. Possessing far more foresight than most evil deities, Red Fel makes efforts to remain on amicable terms with most other deities. His clerics follow similar ideals, often presenting themselves in a community as helpful and knowledgeable members of society so that they may slowly corrupt others to the worship of their dark lord. Clerics of Red Fel even work actively with paladins and other champions of good in order to erode at their most basic beliefs.

    Holidays: Red Fel supports frequent holidays, with much feasting and celebration so as to draw mortals into his worship. These holidays are unusually tame for an evil deity, although they tend towards far more excess than most good aligned gods would be comfortable with. It is common practice among newly established churches of Red Fel to have holidays almost every week as they establish themselves in order to bring people to their worship quickly.

    Godly Relationships: Red Fel opposes deities of good in principle, although he makes efforts to be cordial, helpful and available if they or their followers ever need his aid (after all keep your friends close, but your enemies closer). He dislikes Gruumsh because of the god's shortsightedness, but can appreciate his desire for destruction.

    Mortal Champions: Red Fel has many mortal agents that work towards his ends in secret, but a few are open about their loyalty to the dark lord.
    The Whispering Lady- Beguiler 20. She travels from town to town, always in splendor to attend the finest parties and banquets in order to gain the ear of the leaders of many countries and turn their thoughts and loyalties towards her master. An expert seductress, the Whispering Lady always manages to leave town just before her corruption and dalliances are found out.

    The Lost Child- A street urchin who travels the world posing as someone in need of rescue. She has lead many adventurers on quests of vengeance and destruction on her behalf, always delighting in the chaos and destruction she can sew by playing on the hearts of those noble fools.

    The Fiend- Advanced Marilith. When subtlety and secrecy are uncalled for, and might must rule the day, Red Fel calls upon the Fiend to lead his armies. This advanced Marilith is a master of all weapons, with aeons of military experience and a thirst for blood and death unrivaled in the multiverse. The only thing she cares for more, is her master.

    Spoiler: Reasoning
    Show

    Being the mastermind that he is, Red Fel needed to be a god of planning, cunning and skill, not just evil. So that's what I've got. Red Fel's champions are all female because what evil overlord would be caught dead without a bevy of beautiful ladies at his beck and call?
    Why are two out of three of those Champions are very scarily CE sounding?
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-04-02 at 01:51 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

    Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.


    Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Alright, here's the Greater Deity version of Red Fel. Vermeil is Latin for the color Red.

    Spoiler: Red, the Fallen
    Show
    There once was a great Sorceror who went by the name Vermeil, a crusader for all that was Good and Pure. As he quested, he saw that as mighty as he would ever become, as much as he fought and risked his life againt the unspeakable horrors of the infinite multiverse and beyond, there was always more Evil to be found.

    Eventually, he changed. Obviously, Good was not the true order of things if his countless victories only led to countless more of the entities popping up.

    Always charismatic and intelligent in the extreme, Vermeil turned to the realm of Evil, taking the name Red. he fought for its causes (though always on his own terms), proseltized its ethos, and still enjoyed life just as thoroughly as he did before his change of view. When eventually he lay at death's door, his power refused to fade. In the Hall of the Gods, he convinced the forces of Evil to chose him to lead them. They still have no idea how he did it.

    Dogma
    Evil does not mean savage, nor does it make one automatically a betrayer. One must put one's self forward, as this is the only way to become all that one can be. A single civil and urbane voice in discussion at the right time can do more for the cause than a million monsters.

    Clergy and Temples
    Red the Fallen is one of few truly Evil deities who is openly worshiped, in great part because he sees no need to destroy good (it'll all come to him eventually anyway). His clergy all wear red, the deeper the color the higher the rank. Novices wear a red so light it's almost pink, and his High Priest wears a red so deep it is visible through darkvision. All wear his symbol on a clasp, binding their robes together over their heart to show their dedication. None ever hide this symbol, even where it can get them killed.

    Malevolus
    The Whisperer, The High Lord of Evil,
    Greater Deity
    Symbol: A black circle, on which a red crescent is emblazoned points-upward, almost like a grin.
    Home Plane: The Seven Hells (where he is welcome anywhere)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Portfolio: Evil, Debate, Diplomacy, and powers which enhance the self.
    Worshipers: Evil creatures who wish to live peacefully, those who put themselves forward above all, Diplomats
    Cleric Alignments: LE, LN, NE
    Domains: Evil, Law, Glory, Community
    Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff

    Pantheon: Evil
    Relationships: Red has a surprisingly good relationship with nearly every other major Power, save only those who would lessen his efforts by intentional or unintentional interference. He is said to be excellent in a debate and persuasive, no matter what the topic at hand.


    Yes, that's right. Evil and Glory domains on the same guy.

    EDIT: Holy CRAP swordsage'd. I was right, though.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-04-08 at 08:05 PM.
    Avatar by Elder Tsofu

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

    Extended Signature HERE

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Red Fel
    ... Wow. I could be all cackly and clapping my hands, but this one is really... Genuine smile. I have a genuine smile. You made me actually feel warmth in my heart. You monster.

    The level of detail is excellent. The lore is solid. The minions are delicious. Red Fel is an equal opportunity employer. ... Ladies.

    Brava, sirrah. Brava.

    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Why are two out of three of those Champions are very scarily CE sounding?
    As I said above. Red Fel is an equal opportunity employer. ... Ladies.

    EDIT: And another? Is it my birthday? You guys!

    Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Alright, here's the Greater Deity version or Red Fel. Vermeil is Latin for the color Red.
    I particularly love the Dogma and Clergy and Temples sections. So classy, so optimistically wicked. So charming. I love the innocuous choice of weapon, and the inclusion of "Evil creatures who want to live in peace" among worshipers - because, let's face it, they do exist. After a fashion.

    Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

    It's not the coppery red scales. You're really making me blush.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-04-02 at 01:57 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Why are two out of three of those Champions are very scarily CE sounding?
    I was actually shooting for neutral evil, but I wanted to emphasize the insidious and corrupting aspects of evil, since they seem to get little love from actual published sources.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about that deity I whipped up for you Snow. Probably a good thing though. You ended up lawful because you're a paladin, and everyone knows the only acceptable alignment for paladins is LG.
    You're free to work on it! Take your time. Relax. It's just for fun. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Bah. I don't need a pantheon. Haven't you been reading? I am a pantheon.
    Well, there you go.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    You ended up lawful because you're a paladin, and everyone knows the only acceptable alignment for paladins is LG.
    A Paladin you say? Welcome to my order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Ha! Eat your heart out, Tenebrous. The shadows belong to me now!

    I like how my worshipers include the blind and those scorned by society. I'm sure there was some unintentional symbolism there, but I'll take it.
    You could say that anything else in the shadows is... but a part of your master plan.

    I'm glad you liked it! You'll make a worthy opposition. We need some other people to have deities written for them. So far this is becoming a war between aspects of LG and LE!

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Also, LoyalPaladin is clearly Neutral Evil, He just wants you to think he is Lawful Good as he goes on his crusade against fun.

    For example: LoyalPaladin-sensei, How would you react to someone lighting an entire town on fire after they got in a bar fight with some frog people from the lake?
    While I can tell I am being goaded into your treacherous trap, it is my duty to persevere. Of course, Palladian and LoyalPaladin would both send aid to put out the fires and apprehend the criminals responsible for setting it on fire in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Well, there you go.
    The Fel may have numbers... but if the law and moe join forces... we may stand a chance?
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-02 at 02:19 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoPhoenix0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cloudcuckooland

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    While I can tell I am being goaded into your treacherous trap, it is my duty to persevere. Of course, Palladian and LoyalPaladin would both send aid to put out the fires and apprehend the criminals responsible for setting it on fire in the first place.
    Well, thank goodness there were no surviving eye-witnesses to the event in question, even if there were 4 other people who think they know who it is. Don't worry the church was left standing and their giant silver holy symbol was salvaged before frog people or other things could take it, though its current whereabouts are unknown...

    Edit: Also why would i trap you Paladin-sensei?
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-04-02 at 02:26 PM.

    Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.


    The Fel may have numbers... but if the law and moe join forces... we may stand a chance?
    I'll join your pantheon. I'm not going Lawful, though.

    I think it's funny when you complained about the fantasizing joke from Korezom, but you pretty much did the same thing Ayumu does with that Nyarko gif.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-02 at 02:26 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    The Fel may have numbers... but if the law and moe join forces... we may stand a chance?
    psst... Red Fel is Lawful in most of his incarnations...
    Avatar by Elder Tsofu

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

    Extended Signature HERE

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    I think it's time for someone other than Red Fel to get a deity, otherwise he's just going to end up with all of them. So here's a new one:

    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    I, eggynack, shall again give up my likeness for the purposes of deity production.
    Eggynack
    Alignment: TN
    Rank: Greater Deity
    Domains: Nature, Animal, Plant, Sun, Weather
    Symbol: A wooden oak leaf inlaid with bright gold
    Favored Weapon: Natural Weapons
    Beliefs and Tenets: We are one with nature, and each of us to nature belongs. This is the core tenet of the worship of Eggynack, the lord of all Druids. His worship is found and founded in the wild places of the world, where civilization dares not tread. Reverence for the wilds and willingness to test oneself against it is considered honorable and desireable among the followers of Eggynack. Those who strive for strength will find it within themselves and within their companions, but only if they are willing to endure hardship to do so. One must survive in order to become strong.

    Holidays: The equinoxes and solstices mark the holy days of Eggynack's church, as the mark the changing of the seasons and the shifting of the world among the heavens.

    Godly Relationships: Eggynack bears cordial relationships with all deities, even those that seek to destroy nature, since they can only act within their own, their actions only serve to illustrate the great glory that is the natural world.

    Mortal Champions: Eggynack's Mortal Champions are true servants of the wild. They fiercely protect their domains, but welcome challengers and followers with open arms.
    The Skinwalker- Wildshape Ranger X/ Bear Warrior X/ Fist of the Forest X. A wanderer in the wilds, and easily the greatest tracker in the world, the skinwalker has spent more time in the form of a beast than a man, and has forgotten much of his former self. He does not regret this.

    The Green Lady- Great Wyrm Green Dragon Druid 20. Eggynack's most powerful champion, the Green Lady watches over his most sacred sites, traveling from one to the other to protect her lord's holdings. She teaches others the knowledge to become druids and guides many on the path to oneness with nature.

    The Tree of Knowledge- Elder Treant Druid 20. The great teacher, many druids seek out the Tree of Knowledge to know how best to fulfill their duties as druids. The Tree of Knowledge is said to share the mind of every tree and plant in the world, and can access memories from times long forgotten.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WeaselGuy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    I can only aspire to one day be as popular the infamous Red Fel... I'm truly impressed by your following. One could almost say it was cultish...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComaVision View Post
    My ten foot pole and I are going to go prod less dangerous traps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserlight View Post
    Your hexblade turns out to be a holy sword imbued with the spirit of R Lee Ermey. "Stand up straight, maggot! Shoulders back, chin up, eyes front, and suck in that gut! I'm going to make a man out of you, maggot, even if it kills you!"
    My Extended Sig!
    Mandalorian Gunslinger Avatar done by smutmulch
    House Min'Doan PbP - Zif'coip Min'Doan

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Well, thank goodness there were no surviving eye-witnesses to the event in question, even if there were 4 other people who think they know who it is.

    Edit: Also why would i trap you Paladin-sensei?
    Ah, but you see you have interfered with the portfolio of justice, which has now alerted Palladian!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    I'll join your pantheon. I'm not going Lawful, though.

    I think it's funny when you complained about the fantasizing joke from Korezom, but you pretty much did the same thing Ayumu does with that Nyarko gif.
    The moe god has joined the pantheon of the paladins!

    I am confused. I've never seen Korzom, so you might need to explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    psst... Red Fel is Lawful in most of his incarnations...
    That is why we are cordial with each other while at the same time we oppose one another. Would you be happier if I say the forces of good and moe?
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xuldarinar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Should any deem me worthy, I would love to see someone's interpretation of me in my activity here as that of a deity (more likely a demigod, demon lord or creature of similar level, or simply idiot who thinks himself divine but doesn't even have a rank of 0, so on).

    I grant permission.
    I think my work with the Alloprax, Subpsionics, and my.. evident interest in shadow magic could serve as sources of inspiration for anyone trying their hand at creating a deity of me. Not to mention the ur-priest alternative class for PF and elder evil epigone.. but those are somewhat anti-deity.
    -Invisible edit: Thanks Zaydos for the deity.
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2015-04-16 at 03:01 PM.
    Extended Signature

    Guide to becoming a demon in Pathfinder

    Special thanks to Gurgleflep for creating my Avatar

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Blackhawk748's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tharggy, on Tellene
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Blackhawk748 gives his permission. I was gonna do Red Fel, but i got nothing to compete with his current incarnations. Ill probably try it for someone else though.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-04-02 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

    My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland


    My Historical Stuff channel

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    You just had to Swordsage me, didn't you? Be glad I didn't make you God of Swordsages. Because that would be just plain weird.
    Would that make Elricaltovilla not Elric, but Reshar himself, searching our forums for more schools to master?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

    Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •