New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I've already got you on my list!
    Apparently I suck at reading.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Um, I'm not even sure how to check my own ones... *shrug*
    I've submitted my character. Muahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Reprimand View Post
    Apparently I suck at reading.
    It's okay. It happens to the best of us.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    It isn't in the Apps folder yet, but here is what you sent me for joining the game. Just make a thread in Apps to put your actual application up when you're ready
    Okay, I think that's done.
    I've submitted my character. Muahaha.

Make sure to post in this thread folder.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    I have a character who eventually ascended to godhood but I don't have a deity myself yet. Totally not the same thing.

Let's get in gear, people!
    Quote Originally Posted by tadkins View Post
    I didn't get a race in the other thread, here's hoping I could get a deity instead? :D

Edit: Feel free to use this thread as an inspiration.
    I accept the challenge.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yes, on the subject of this thread and pbps I started a recruitment thread for (a dwarf game in) the world I've been tinkering with and one person is applying as a cleric of Izfort.

Just thought I'd let you know.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, ask NeoPhoenix if that matters!
    >:O .
    Chainsaws???

Also, it was just a cat. A cute fluffy cat that had lived a full life including sleeping on my head, and for some strange reason i got over it in a couple days, that was a year ago. I think that I either accepted it rediculously easy or pushed it deep into the abyss of my vault of madness that i never look at, only channel to get more insane as the moment requires. Though i do have a shrine with ashes, that's normal right? RIGHT!? yeah, that's probably one of the more normal things i do.

Also i am surprised i seemed to have missed well over a page without missing anything over the last 10 hours. I would love to play a game with snowbluff sometime, but i just don't think i have the time to commit to it properly. The only time i really have secure is the time i spend for my Saturday RL session.

Edit: and now that snowbluff has conveniently been preoccupied/forgot it is time to make a deity.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-04-17 at 01:52 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Oh yes, on the subject of this thread and pbps I started a recruitment thread for (a dwarf game in) the world I've been tinkering with and one person is applying as a cleric of Izfort.

Just thought I'd let you know.
    I hope he's taking the Pugilism domain.

8. - Top - End - #428

Kobold

Ok, so, thinking about getting involved in PsyBomb's pbp campaign... I wanna use the Weaselguy race that Snowbluff made for me. What would be a good level 6 PF character with these awesome little guys as the race?

edit: I'm looking at the Cavalier/Samurai right now. Totally want to do Mounted Combat, and as a Small character riding a Medium mount, I should still be able to go anywhere else the rest of the party can. But, like I said earlier, PF is not my strong suit, so, if there are better options for me to be a mounted combatant, someone point me in the right direction

For the record, I envision them looking like the Musteval, from BoED.
    Spoiler: Musteval
    Show
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-04-17 at 02:59 AM.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

9. - Top - End - #429
    Firbolg in the Playground

Almost done with that... but I can't seem to access the backstory I sent Psybomb!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Almost done with that... but I can't seem to access the backstory I sent Psybomb!
    Ask and ye shall receive...

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin
    Backstory:
    Vincent Dawnbringer grew up in a family famous for producing some of the top Paladins and Clerics of the realm. Upon reaching the minimum age of enrollment, all male members of the family would begin training under top notch blade masters and train to become Paladins. While the female members of the family would become clerics at nearby temples.

Early on in his life, it was clear that Vincent was not like the other members of his family. He was taller, stronger, and had a deeply instilled faith in Palladian from the time he could speak. He also bore no resemblance to his family in any way. While his family members were short, stout, and carried dark features. Vincent was tall, broad, and carried celestial features such as golden eyes and hair.

Taken as a sign from Palladian, Vincent was sent to a special temple where he was placed under more arduous training than most of his family members were ever subjected to. Surrounded by Aasimar and other celestial blooded creatures, he felt at home immediately. Day and night he would train until his skills were sharp and refined. Once his training was considered complete, he was given the task to serve Palladian as a beacon of hope to those in the most dire need. Because of this calling, Vincent possesses an cheerful demeanor even when among the most gloomy of company. He is not without seriousness though, when confronted with evil his demeanor becomes to the point and goal oriented.

As a Paladin, his goal is to serve his god and purge evil from the land. But as a Paladine, he has been given an even more daunting task, purge evil from the hearts of men.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    Ok, so, thinking about getting involved in PsyBomb's pbp campaign... I wanna use the Weaselguy race that Snowbluff made for me. What would be a good level 6 PF character with these awesome little guys as the race?

edit: I'm looking at the Cavalier/Samurai right now. Totally want to do Mounted Combat, and as a Small character riding a Medium mount, I should still be able to go anywhere else the rest of the party can. But, like I said earlier, PF is not my strong suit, so, if there are better options for me to be a mounted combatant, someone point me in the right direction

For the record, I envision them looking like the Musteval, from BoED.
    Spoiler: Musteval
    Show
    Cavalier would be serviceable. You'd want the Charger Archetype for your mount.

Alternatively, you can go Warlord, and pick up animal ally. Then grab a teamwork feat or something to share with your animal companion with Warleader. Pick up Mounted Combat and Spirited Charge with your warlord bonus feats. Finally take Power Attack or Boon Companion. Take the Brave and Unbreakable Gambit.

You can also do a ranged archer build by taking ranged feats, including Rapid Shot. Warlords have a gambit for shooting from horseback. Take Pinhole and Outrider Gambits here.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-17 at 11:00 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

K, so here is the deity that snowbluff wanted. Would have got it done sooner, but then there was that sleep thing that snuck up on me early. Then i had to review a report. Then i had to somehow become inspired again. Also, couldn't bring myself to trim down the domains.

Yukika-senpai (雪神)
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Domains: Chaos, Domination, Lust, Madness, Passion, Planning, Suffering, Winter
    Symbol: A chainsaw
    Favored Weapon: Heavy Poleaxe
    Portfolio: Tsudrere, Yandere, People who act in a way that doesn't match up with their action to sane people, Thread derailment (or is it?), Snow

"READ THE LINKS!... but only if you really want... i-it's fine if you don't..."

Backstory: Yukika-senpai's origins are mysterious. No one knows where she came from. One day she was there and everyone just assumed she had always been there. She just gives off an aura that says she was there first.

She often makes creative events where people can create things for other people, probably to get some stuff for herself. She has great stalking skills, and if she gets fixated on you, you are probably just at her mercy.

She also regularly tortures Izfort and records new screams to play when she sleeps. For whatever reason Izfort doesn't seem to have any godly powers in these situations but cannot be permanently destroyed from it. Possibly because Yukika-senpai is still interested in his screams.

Pantheon: Snowbluff pantheon.

Relations: For some reason the pantheon of people with a ritually implanted heat sink rod accept Yukika-senpai without a second thought. Potentially aligning with the forces of Loyal against the forces of Fel, but this is uncertain. Izfort is a torture toy/plaything.

Notes: Gladly accepts the killing of IZ42 and clerics of Izfort as sacrifices.

Clergy: Any as long as they are interesting or wholly devoted.

I am not entirely certain what i just wrote.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-04-17 at 03:13 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

D:

I only exist to be tortured by a Psycho Yandere moe girl?
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

14. - Top - End - #434

Kobold

dammit neo. now i'm stuck reading tvtropes for the next 7 hours. this reminds me of that time i tried researching lightsabers and got stuck on wookiepedia for 3 days.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    As a homebrewer, I feel like making somethings relating to the deity made for me. Anyone else feel the same way for theirs or others?

I can see classes, creatures, archetypes under pathfinder, domains (and subdomains) for things not covered under existing content, maybe stat blocks for some if appropriate.

Should I?
    I would make some stuff for my deity, buuuuut I don't have one yet.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

dammit neo. now i'm stuck reading tvtropes for the next 7 hours. this reminds me of that time i tried researching lightsabers and got stuck on wookiepedia for 3 days.
    heh, all according to plan.

Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    heh, all according to plan.
    ^ Best disciple.

Though I'm fine without getting entries. I got plenty of fun out of this.

Anyway, thanks for the entries, Phoenix and I think missed one.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I would make some stuff for my deity, buuuuut I don't have one yet.
    I tried writing one for you, but I didn't like how it turned out. I might try again if I feel motivated enough.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

^ Best disciple.

Though I'm fine without getting entries. I got plenty of fun out of this.

Anyway, thanks for the entries, Phoenix and I think missed one.
    missed one of the ones i created? The only one not in the op is yours.

Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

missed one of the ones i created? The only one not in the op is yours.

Zaydos wrote one.

Oh, Zaydos, I ****ing love mecha. Lets watch some armored core.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-17 at 04:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441

Kobold

Ya know, I remember being really bummed out when the original Armored Core games came out, cause I didn't have a system that could run them. Then, when I finally did, there were newer and flashier games, plus it was really hard for me to find old copies of it. I think that's why I like Titanfall so much.
    My Extended Sig!

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Ya know, I remember being really bummed out when the original Armored Core games came out, cause I didn't have a system that could run them. Then, when I finally did, there were newer and flashier games, plus it was really hard for me to find old copies of it. I think that's why I like Titanfall so much.
    Weasel!

Submit a warlord to the application forum!
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-17 at 05:28 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443

Kobold

Uh... yeah... I'm still working on that character, my time is split between it and my JW:XI build. And work. Plus, it's like 8 hours later over here in Kuwait than it is back in the states.

Also, you would end up suggesting an Initiator style character for me. I have NEVER played a ToB character in 3.5, and now i'm trying to make one in PF, which I have never played more than 2 sessions of...
    Last edited by WeaselGuy; 2015-04-17 at 05:39 PM.
    My Extended Sig!

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Path of War is easy! It's like casting, but with pointy *metal* sticks instead of wands!
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tadkins View Post
    I didn't get a race in the other thread, here's hoping I could get a deity instead? :D

Edit: Feel free to use this thread as an inspiration.
    Tadkins, The Winter Wanderer
    Domains: Cold, Winter, Gnome, Knowledge, Travel
    Symbol: A blue road heading into the horizon on a white background
    Favored Weapon: Ice Axe(use stats for Pick, Light)

Beliefs: Tadkins is a ardent proponent of the virtues of Chaos. He is defined best by his passion for all things cold, desire for constant change of locale, and pursuit of power through knowledge. For no apparent reason, he always chooses to appear as a Gnome, and reserves his greatest favors for his Gnomish champions. It is rumored among his adherents that prior to his ascension, the Winter Wanderer was himself a Gnome.

Holidays: There are no official holidays in Tadkinism, but his adherents are encouraged to treat every day as holy. However, on meeting a fellow adherent on the road, Tadkinites are expected to perform a brief ritual involving a ball of pressed snow, and the throwing thereof.

Divine Relations: Tadkin and Fharlanghn(sp?) have been known to bump into each other by accident, but have never actually been introduced. Tadkin has no divine enemies, but worship of Tadkin is officially banned in the City of Brass, following the accidental assassination of several high ranking Efreet.

Champions and allies:
    Tadkins mortal champions are most often Gnomish barbarians and Clerics, as well as a number of Uldra and Humans living in Frostfell regions. His planar champions are most commonly Valkyries with the Cold Subtype.

Note: Neutral clerics of Tadkins Turn/Destroy undead. While not good himself, he is more strongly tied to the upper planes than the lower.
    Tadkins does not dwell in Ysgard, but his Divine Realm, Nome, serves as a repository for all of his most interesting books and trophies.

I hope you like, the inspiration was quite handy.
    Last edited by Seclora; 2015-04-17 at 08:15 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    His Royal Bardness, illyahr, gives his permission. I can't wait to see what the Playground comes up with for me.
    Illyahr, Lord of Lyres
    Domains: Passion, Magic, Trickery, Chaos
    Symbol: A Golden Harp with Leathery(Draconic or Fiendish) wings
    Favored Weapon: Rapier

Beliefs: Illyahr is a proponent of following your instincts. No barmaid is too pretty, and no Dragon too terrifying for his followers. Most of his clerics are of the cloistered variety, but take to adventure with gusto. No task is too mad, no quest too impossible, and so long as the slightest chance of success exists, there shall be a Lyric waiting to try it.

Holidays: The Lyrics have several holidays, but are most often seen reveling on the holidays of other religions.

Divine Relations: Olidammara has been known to enjoy Illyahr's company on adventures. And Lolth is a common target for Illyahr's shenanigans But Illyahr's greatest and longest standing divine connection remains with Boccob. Where the uncarring god is dedicated to the study of magic, Illyahr is dedicated to the application of magic. The two often quarrel as a result, although each has earned the other's grudging respect.

Champions and Allies: Most of Illyahr's champions are high level bards with maximum ranks in bluff and diplomacy, Their skills are more often dedicated to defusing a threat than to defeating it outright. Sorcerers and Illusionists are also common. Illyahr's planar allies range from Eladrin to Tana'r'i, and are often selected by the god himself for the caster at hand.

Illyahr makes his home in Pandemonium, and in his divine realm the maddening winds are often twisted into a fiery bolero or rousing riff. The maddening effect persists, but every minute each creature must roll a will save or become either fascinated(01-50) or enraged(51-00). This affect is rolled seperately for each creature. Three succesful saves in a row prevents the need for a new save for 1d4 hour(s).

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Snowbluff, wherefore art thou. What hast occurred to this thread that it is on topic, oh great and powerful Snowbluff.

Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Uh... yeah... I'm still working on that character, my time is split between it and my JW:XI build. And work. Plus, it's like 8 hours later over here in Kuwait than it is back in the states.

Also, you would end up suggesting an Initiator style character for me. I have NEVER played a ToB character in 3.5, and now i'm trying to make one in PF, which I have never played more than 2 sessions of...
    Well, if you're interested I can help.
    Snowbluff, wherefore art thou. What hast occurred to this thread that it is on topic, oh great and powerful Snowbluff.
    It is on topic because I permit it to be.

Also, I was entertaining a guess. He broke his ankle getting hit by a car on a motorcycle. I made burgers. Not to mention I was spending time on Myth Weavers working on my Harbinger. That's where I've been.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooky
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-04-17 at 10:36 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Spooky
    I find the latter spookier than the former.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)