New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    Spoiler: Me every time I see a Full Metal Alchemist gif...
    Show

Yeah, that was one of my favorite lines from the movie. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    If i go back and find i mentioned my cat dying in like and art thread as an excuse or something for lateness i'll... I'LL!... Laugh so hard...
    :D
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    That seems to be the case. Please, step into my dojo of Torm.

You should watch Bleach, it is super long and there is a metric ton of filler episodes, but it's a solid show. Byakuya is solidly Lawful, he does seem to float between Good/Neutral though.

There are too sides to every coin. But when you judge the law for the other side's wrong doing, remember me.
    @tadkins every friday we plant small live nuclear explosives in the toilets, including the women's toilet so he has to ask someone else to risk their life to go get it.

I got it now, green means pure chaotic freedom!

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

@tadkins every friday we plant small live nuclear explosives in the toilets, including the women's toilet so he has to ask someone else to risk their life to go get it.
    I was wondering who kept doing that... NeoPhoenix! You'll stay late for supplementary classes for the next week!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Am I going to have to make someone the dread god of Japanese Animation?

Tadkins
    Known as the Formless One, a god whose own priests cannot agree upon what he appears as, Tadkins is a lord of chaos, unfettered by rules and laws. According to his priests Tadkins represents the cosmic Chaos from which all sprang and which will ultimately be the end of the current cosmology, and in so being the beginning of the next. At his best Tadkins represents that great creativity that can come when nothing restrains you, art born of absolute liberty and freedom. At his worst Tadkins represents senseless anarchy and acts of rebellion performed for no constructive purpose. As the Primordial Chaos, Tadkins represents unlimited creative energy, the power to reforge the very rules of reality. As the Final Chaos, Tadkins represents the ultimate destruction of all that is, and not just that but the inexorable fate of reality. In this way Tadkins is a god of contradictions, both Creation and Destruction, both Liberty from All Rules and the Inexorable Law of Fate. Tadkins' priests seem to like it this way.

Portfolio: Chaos, liberty, fate, creation, destruction, contradictions.
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral. Tadkins will accept clerics of any alignment as long as they sincerely believe in the importance of Chaos.
    Followers: Artists, bards, dragon choristers, doomsayers.
    Domains: Chaos, Fate, Creation, Destruction, Liberation.
    Favored Weapon: To each their own.
    Holy Anarchy Symbol: A motley painted sphere.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-04-16 at 12:04 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #305

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    This is a bad idea...

Tadkins
    Good work as always, Zaydos!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

This is a bad idea...
    Bad or Evil? (And Red Fel's reason is the same that I use THIS FOR EVIL USUALLY. WELL COUPLED WITH MY ORIGINAL CUSTOM AVVIE BEING A BLUE DRAGON DM.

Good work as always, Zaydos!
    Got to do something to become a god of creation after all

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

7. - Top - End - #307

Bad or Evil?
    This is one of those gray areas...

Got to do something to become a god of creation after all
    Have you seriously not been deified yet?!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Xuuldar Ainar
    The Shadow from the Dark Beyond, Xuuldar Ainar makes their realm in the Plane of Shadow. Some claim that Xuuldar Ainar is no true god, but a creature left over from an older, more malevolent cosmology that came before the Great Wheel, or perhaps an obyrith from the early days of its construction. Whatever the truth Xuuldar Ainar is a patron of those who give themselves up to entities from beyond, a facilitator of dark pacts, and a maker of such as well. Xuuldar Ainar is also a god of darkness, madness, and the fear that both give. They are always greedy for more, seeking to consume and rot away at the world, bringing forth more and more of dark beings from beyond the Great Wheel, pulling them through the Ebon Well at the center of their domain.

Portfolio: Darkness, Madness, Pacts with otherworldly entities and demons, gates to and from places beyond the Great Wheel.
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil (don't be fooled by "Good" Great Old Ones of "benign" Insanity )
    Followers: Binders, shadowcasters, alienists.
    Domains: Darkness, Madness, Chaos, Evil, Pact, Portal (creatures summoned with these domain spells have the pseudonatural template).
    Favored Weapon: Dagger.
    Unholy Symbol: An eye held in a clawed hand, surrounded by a corona of darkness.
    I absolutely love it. This pleases me. Thank you.
    I am sated, and I shall watch. If others need ascension and wish it by my hand, I shall gladly contribute.

You looked, and you've found a rough Pathfinder conversion: Qlippoth rather than obyrith. Beyond the outer sphere/from the dark tapestry rather than beyond the Great wheel.
    Domains: Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Madness, and Void. (Followers capable of summoning, especially clerics, typically possess the Summon Star-Spawn feat.) [If available in the campaign, the Shadow domain (Homebrew: Peacenlove's Complete Shadow Magic) and Occult domain (3rd party) are also domains he may provide for]
    Subdomains: Corruption, Dark Tapestry, Demon, Nightmare,

..Im getting 4e flavors now, recalling the origins of the abyss in that edition, but oh well.
    Last edited by Xuldarinar; 2015-04-16 at 07:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

I was wondering who kept doing that... NeoPhoenix! You'll stay late for supplementary classes for the next week!
    What, are you going to teach him a better bomb recipe?
    This is a bad idea...
    Bad or Evil? (And Red Fel's reason is the same that I use THIS FOR EVIL USUALLY. WELL COUPLED WITH MY ORIGINAL CUSTOM AVVIE BEING A BLUE DRAGON DM.
    Well, it could be me. I have only been statted once in this thread. I'm not evil, just bad.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Have you seriously not been deified yet?!
    I was, as a god of creation. But I mean I had to earn that somehow

That and most of what I do on these forums is homebrew. Lots and lots of homebrew. Far too much homebrew.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

That and most of what I do on these forums is homebrew. Lots and lots of homebrew. Far too much homebrew.
    I'm glad I was able to bring the 3.x people and the homebrew together, pushing them into uncomfortable proximity until they can't help but write material so they may be released, or enact vengeance on each other's loved ones.

12. - Top - End - #312

What, are you going to teach him a better bomb recipe?
    If you're going to do something, do it with excellence. Radiation is messy business.

On a more serious note, I've got about 11 books on the philosophy of being lawful that I need Neo to read. I'm sure we'll make it through them all before their supplementary classes are over.

I was, as a god of creation. But I mean I had to earn that somehow
    I was concerned. Now I am less so...

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

I'm glad I was able to bring the 3.x people and the homebrew together, pushing them into uncomfortable proximity until they can't help but write material so they may be released, or enact vengeance on each other's loved ones.
    Make that dread deity of Japanese Animation and Overly Convoluted Evil Schemes

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

It's not convulated! Randomness isn't random if you can manipulate the variables. Now help me get this peanut butter into Loyalpaladin's ham and cheese, I need the dishes done.
    If you're going to do something, do it with excellence. Radiation is messy business.

On a more serious note, I've got about 11 books on the philosophy of being lawful that I need Neo to read. I'm sure we'll make it through them all before their supplementary classes are over.
    I couldn't agree more.

Books are so useful.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Bugbear in the Playground

There are too sides to every coin. But when you next decide to judge the law for the other side's wrong doing, remember me.
    You're a lot like my sister. She identifies best with LG and typically plays a paladin-type in every game we play. Even as such I like to think we can work well enough together. The opposites of Law/Chaos don't seem to make as big an impact as Good/Evil at any rate.

Besides, a steadfast lawful melee monster and a liberal chaotic arcane caster can make a surprisingly effective duo. xD

I got it now, green means pure chaotic freedom!
    If only there was a rainbow option, but that works. xD

Tadkins
    Known as the Formless One, a god whose own priests cannot agree upon what he appears as, Tadkins is a lord of chaos, unfettered by rules and laws. According to his priests Tadkins represents the cosmic Chaos from which all sprang and which will ultimately be the end of the current cosmology, and in so being the beginning of the next. At his best Tadkins represents that great creativity that can come when nothing restrains you, art born of absolute liberty and freedom. At his worst Tadkins represents senseless anarchy and acts of rebellion performed for no constructive purpose. As the Primordial Chaos, Tadkins represents unlimited creative energy, the power to reforge the very rules of reality. As the Final Chaos, Tadkins represents the ultimate destruction of all that is, and not just that but the inexorable fate of reality. In this way Tadkins is a god of contradictions, both Creation and Destruction, both Liberty from All Rules and the Inexorable Law of Fate. Tadkins' priests seem to like it this way.

Portfolio: Chaos, liberty, fate, creation, destruction, contradictions.
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral. Tadkins will accept clerics of any alignment as long as they sincerely believe in the importance of Chaos.
    Followers: Artists, bards, dragon choristers, doomsayers.
    Domains: Chaos, Fate, Creation, Destruction, Liberation.
    Favored Weapon: To each their own.
    Holy Anarchy Symbol: A motley painted sphere.
    D'aw, thank you so much! I love how this breaks the fundamental rules of being a cleric. Screw the rules! Inc Lawful Neutral Cleric with the Chaos, Creation and Destruction domains. xD

I read the links you provided as well. Really awesome classes, the Dragon Chorister and Doomsayer (though I had to do a double take and realize that was different from Doomlord, hah).
    Last edited by tadkins; 2015-04-16 at 12:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316

Kobold

On a completely unrelated note, I can't decide if I want to play some LoL, finish my Junkyard Wars XI entry, or continue to be distracted by this thread. I literally can not keep up with my email. Every time I get an alert from this thread, I check it, then get another email alert.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

On a completely unrelated note, I can't decide if I want to play some LoL, finish my Junkyard Wars XI entry, or continue to be distracted by this thread. I literally can not keep up with my email. Every time I get an alert from this thread, I check it, then get another email alert.
    You should probably just turn off your email alerts. I never leave them on. I just check the subscription panel manually.

18. - Top - End - #318

Quote Originally Posted by tadkins View Post
    You're a lot like my sister. She identifies best with LG and typically plays a paladin-type in every game we play. Even as such I like to think we can work well enough together. The opposites of Law/Chaos don't seem to make as big an impact as Good/Evil at any rate.
    She sounds like an intelligent young lady!

Out of all the alignments, I do find that LE and LG get along better than any other alignment. As weird as that sounds. Its probably because they are goal oriented. They just achieve their goals through different means.

Besides, a steadfast lawful melee monster and a liberal chaotic arcane caster can make a surprisingly effective duo. xD
    The best duo I've ever been a part of was in a 4e campaign I played. I was a LG Half-Elf Paladin and my friend played a NE Bard. Together, there was no challenge that we could not overcome.

On a completely unrelated note, I can't decide if I want to play some LoL
    Oh yeah... LoL... I forgot about that. I can play now that I have internet!

You should probably just turn off your email alerts. I never leave them on. I just check the subscription panel manually.
    Ditto. It's too much to keep up with.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-16 at 12:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Well, i didn't want to waste the ones that could make time paradoxes, and the antimatter bombs were in the international treaty breaking satellite. It's ok if you break that satellite though, there is also a kinetic bombardment satellite that is totally legal.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #320

Kobold

Yeah, I could probably do that... but at the same time, I like waking up in the morning and seeing a bunch of emails from all the different threads I'm in. Plus, it helps me remember which ones I like to pay attention to.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

21. - Top - End - #321

Well, i didn't want to waste the ones that could make time paradoxes, and the antimatter bombs were in the international treaty breaking satellite. It's ok if you break that satellite though, there is also a kinetic bombardment satellite that is totally legal.
    Why didn't you just use the time stop bomb? You'd stick someone to their porcelain throne, without causing the mess that you'll inevitably have to clean up.

22. - Top - End - #322

She sounds like an intelligent young lady!

Out of all the alignments, I do find that LE and LG get along better than any other alignment. As weird as that sounds. Its probably because they are goal oriented. They just achieve their goals through different means.
    Ugh, not a big fan of evil either. They're typically all bullies, LE especially.

The best duo I've ever been a part of was in a 4e campaign I played. I was a LG Half-Elf Paladin and my friend played a NE Bard. Together, there was no challenge that we could not overcome.
    Bards are the ultimate supporters, so I can see how that'd work. I'd love to know how you guys managed to deal with the drastic alignment differences though. xD

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Why didn't you just use the time stop bomb? You'd stick someone to their porcelain throne, without causing the mess that you'll inevitably have to clean up.
    The tech company that i steal my plans from are very entropy minded and consider stasis to prevent entropy.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #324

Ugh, not a big fan of evil either. They're typically all bullies, LE especially.
    LE does pull off the bully pretty well...

Bards are the ultimate supporters, so I can see how that'd work. I'd love to know how you guys managed to deal with the drastic alignment differences though. xD
    Well, I mean we were both charisma based face characters. That particular Paladin of mine was more into redeeming the lost than smiting the wicked. We both happened to be good in social interactions and challenge minded. So dungeons were where we shined. Including me tossing the bard onto an animated statue to disable it before it killed our warforged.

The tech company that i steal my plans from are very entropy minded and consider stasis to prevent entropy.
    Sigh... I guess we should make that three weeks of supplementary lessons...
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-16 at 12:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

LE does pull off the bully pretty well...
    When considering alignments I was having trouble coming up with any kind of evil that *isn't* a bully. It's their whole schtick.

Well, I mean we were both charisma based face characters. That particular Paladin of mine was more into redeeming the lost than smiting the wicked. We both happened to be good in social interactions and challenge minded. So dungeons were where we shined. Including me tossing the bard onto an animated statue to disable it before it killed our warforged.
    Makes sense. At first I was thinking it would be sort of a Roy/Belkar kind of relationship. Using your good to steer evil into being...less evil.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Yuki-Uso
    Known by many names, ranging from the Impeccable Mask to the Blood Boiler, Yuki-Uso is an interesting god. His cult was always a small one, traditionally limited to mecha aces, animators, and magical girls, as well as the occasional kyodai. However in recent years he has re-invented himself as god of Hot Bloodedness, Courage, Sheer Bloody-Minded Determination, and recklessly raging against the system. In this new guise Yuki-Uso has gathered heroes to their symbol in numbers magnitudes greater than they previously possessed. There is something odd, however, as a minority of their followers, while still hot blooded and, on occasion, massively hammy, show themselves to be cold, calculating, plotting. Yuki-Uso claims to favor hot blooded, honor before reason, my friends right or wrong philosophies, but is it true? Or is it just a plan to accustom heroes to reckless hot bloodedness to lead them inevitably to their demise when the gods of evil are truly ready to move?

Portfolio: Hot bloodedness, courage, determination, senseless rebellion. Overly complicated plans, schemes, evil plots with too many moving parts to keep track of.
    Alignment: Lawful Evil. Possesses Clerics as if Chaotic Good (including Aura of Alignment).
    Followers: Anime characters, hotblooded heroes, animators, magical girls, mecha pilots, long term schemers.
    Domains: Law, Evil, Planning, Knowledge, Luck or Competition, Courage, Luck, and Strength.
    Favored Weapon: Fullblade, preferably large sized and wielded with the monkey grip feat.
    (Un)Holy Symbol: An orange sphere with 4 star shaped dots.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post

Back up, mate. I'm supposed to be the Evil one, here.
    That's the benefit of not tying myself to an alignment. I can be as righteous and upstanding as LoyalPaladin one day, and as cunning and manipulative as Red Fel the next. Not being tied to an alignment, I am free to use whatever tactics and strategies are most effective. I can learn your ways, and then turn them against you.

It's your fault, really. You armed me, you gave me followers, and a way to bind myself to them, you even gave me my ascension. It's only natural that evil would find its downfall at that which it wrought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender's Game
    In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it’s impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves. And then, in that very moment when I love them.... I destroy them.
    Love ya, Red.

28. - Top - End - #328

Kobold

God, the feels from the OSC quote...
    My Extended Sig!

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Snowbluff is LE? Never saw it coming.

Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Snowbluff is LE? Never saw it coming.
    I either get LE or CG it seems. Same thing, really.