New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Deities... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I find the latter spookier than the former.
    Yeah, the first is just me, the second makes me wonder where they got all of those arms...

Welp, we gotta get rid of them somehow!
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

A sudden flurry of activity, snuffed out by anime gifs.
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 2015-04-17 at 10:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

I am suddenly tempted to make a deity of Deus ex Machina and omnipotence.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Well, if you're interested I can help.
    Help me Snowbluff-Kenobi, you're my only hope.
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, the first is just me, the second makes me wonder where they got all of those arms...

Welp, we gotta get rid of them somehow!
    They obviously took levels in Totemist for Girallon’s Arms.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget it, I grant permission. (Only just noticed that the original thread didn't have me in spite of requests, so might as well make up for it now. )

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    A sudden flurry of activity, snuffed out by anime gifs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    As a homebrewer, I feel like making somethings relating to the deity made for me. Anyone else feel the same way for theirs or others?

I can see classes, creatures, archetypes under pathfinder, domains (and subdomains) for things not covered under existing content, maybe stat blocks for some if appropriate.

Should I?
    It would certainly be cool to more see PrCs for more gods, whether official or homebrew. An original domain is certainly cool as well, and reasonably easy to do (I would presume those Playgrounders who have had a spell dedicated to them would have that spell as part of their domain, if they have a unique domain). Going further and adding in creatures is going perhaps a bit far, but not out of place as long as the deity and creatures have a strong central theme that clearly ties them together.

On that note:

GAR-Eth, the Pit Lord, the Harrower, the Father of Silence permission
    From his domain in Malbolge, the sixth layer of Hell, GAR-Eth is ever watchful. He plays with the lives of mortals, keen to offer pacts before any devil could. He employs an army of fiendish bureaucrats who do his bidding, and are sent out to secure the oaths of mortals. Many times, the mortals themselves suffer little for it, but their descendants all the more. As such, GAR-Eth's plans are never fully complete, but they are vast and long-lasting.

GAR-Eth appears as a donkey-headed giant with a wiry body, dressed in kingly manner, though he often exchanges his visage for a devilish or human one. He is tended to by adamantine-armoured erinyes and holds a pack of two-headed hounds the size of horses as his pets. At least one of their three tentacle-lipped mouths is ever gnawing on the soul of a hapless fool who dared cross him, their thirteen miss-sized eyes hungrily twisting every which way as their small crow-feathered wings twitch in anticipation for their next treat.

In spite of his corruptive ways, GAR-Eth promotes cooperation, even with enemies in the face of a greater enemy, and some odd clerics have even claimed he is a paragon of family values.

Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Domains: Bestial, Community, Corruption, Evil, Law, Pact.
    Symbol: A shaggy-haired donkey with a fiery mane*.
    Favoured Weapon: Scythe.

*I always thought Gareth's old avatar looked like a demonic version of Eeyore with long red hair to obscure his head.

The hounds I imagine to be most like dobermanns, though their heads could be rather donkey-like, to befit GAR-Eth's symbol more.

Jørm Ëngand, the Mender, the World-Snake, the Ruiner of Space permission
    Jørm Ëngand is a being of immense length, his** sinuous body capable of wrapping all of Sigil in darkness if he were to ever make it to the city. He tends to take the form of a lithe elf in purple robes when dealing directly with creatures of lesser size, though this is only a small part of his true body, and more akin to a projection with physical form. Each of his scales bears a rune, with the entirety of his body having the tale of the world's origin written on it, never to be read or understood. Jørm Ëngand slithers through space, breaking through the planar boundaries without worry, though he is keen to fix things other than the holes that he leaves behind.

Jørm Ëngand can be easily appeased and gotten the interest of by submitting something to him that is broken and requires mending. Without something to offer up, Jørm Ëngand usually ignores others, moving on to places where he can create abudantly, until some upstart gods will challenge him to move on again.

Jørm Ëngand vehemently dislikes people mispronouncing his name.

Alignment: Chaotic Good.
    Domains: Chaos, Creation, Good.
    Symbol: A green snake encircling a bronze ring with a red rune in the middle.
    Favoured Weapon: Whip-dagger.

**I understand you seem to prefer not being referred to by gendered pronouns. In my understanding, "he" is used for both males and non-gendered beings, as "it" is incredibly rude. This is at least the case in my native tongue, and in my years of English use, it appears to hold true for English as well. If this is otherwise the case for you, my apologies.

Some of the lore doesn't much befit the poster, to my knowledge, specifically the getting chased away and ignoring things bit, but I thought it was cool and fitting with the rest in itself.

Metaúna, the Fist of Pride, the Gardener of Flame, the Future Mistress of Humanity permission
    Metaúna appears as a beautiful, golden-haired woman surrounded by flame. Her beauty, however, does not extend to all of her limbs, as her hands are huge by comparison, and monstrous in appearance, with claws the size of daggers. Her red eyes dominate the weak-willed into doing her bidding, which is often to fight evil at great cost. Metaúna is not uncaring, but she is very rash and holds things other than fighting evil and protecting the lives of children in little regard. She is therefore worshipped little, save for but a few cults of martial adepts and like-minded clerics, though there are plenty of orphanages where prayers to her are said on holy days.

Domains: Chaos, Family, Fire, Good, Healing, War.
    Symbol: A golden fist surrounded by flame.
    Favoured Weapon: Gauntlet (unarmed strike).
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2015-04-18 at 07:55 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

7. - Top - End - #457
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post

**I understand you seem to prefer not being referred to by gendered pronouns. In my understanding, "he" is used for both males and non-gendered beings, as "it" is incredibly rude. This is at least the case in my native tongue, and in my years of English use, it appears to hold true for English as well. If this is otherwise the case for you, my apologies.

Some of the lore doesn't much befit the poster, to my knowledge, specifically the getting chased away and ignoring things bit, but I thought it was cool and fitting with the rest in itself.
    Hmph. If you say so.

I prefer "It". Whatever language you speak, it's usually considered far ruder to refer to people by the wrong pronouns than it could ever be to call someone "It" when they ask you to. But don't worry.

Well, actually... getting chased away by other posters does seem to happen sometimes... >.>

But anyway, thank you. I likey.

8. - Top - End - #458

Tthey is an acceptable substitute for he/she/it.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

It would certainly be cool to more see PrCs for more gods, whether official or homebrew. An original domain is certainly cool as well, and reasonably easy to do (I would presume those Playgrounders who have had a spell dedicated to them would have that spell as part of their domain, if they have a unique domain). Going further and adding in creatures is going perhaps a bit far, but not out of place as long as the deity and creatures have a strong central theme that clearly ties them together
    Despite making IZ42 as a spell and a god with its own domain the former did not end up on the later... mostly because I just took a domain I had made years before getting on this site... might should have given it the Iz spell instead of something since it fits the unarmed combat theme.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Metaúna, the Fist of Pride, the Gardener of Flame, the Future Mistress of Humanity permission
    Metaúna appears as a beautiful, golden-haired woman surrounded by flame. Her beauty, however, does not extend to all of her limbs, as her hands are huge by comparison, and monstrous in appearance, with claws the size of daggers. Her red eyes dominate the weak-willed into doing her bidding, which is often to fight evil at great cost. Metaúna is not uncaring, but she is very rash and holds things other than fighting evil and protecting the lives of children in little regard. She is therefore worshipped little, save for but a few cults of martial adepts and like-minded clerics, though there are plenty of orphanages where prayers to her are said on holy days.

Domains: Chaos, Family, Fire, Good, Healing, War.
    Symbol: A golden fist surrounded by flame.
    Favoured Weapon: Gauntlet (unarmed strike).
    Cool, not super sure about the limpbs thing (And I think I'd actually be favored weapon unarmed strike over favored weapon gauntlets.), but really cool.

The only thing that really bugs me though is the bit about dominating the weak willed into doing my bidding. Really doesn't feel my style. I'm more lead by example/do my own dirty work type. Can we rework that maybe?
    "I Burn!"

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay, deity-making is back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I volunteer myself as tribute. In other words, you have my permission. I'm not sure I count as regular since I just started frequenting here tho...

Bonus points if I'm some chaotic good dragon?

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems like I would be acquainted with Metaúna. Not sure if acquainted as in rivals or acquainted as close allies or acquainted as in both.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

I know my signature says I'm a god, but I want to see what I would look like as an official god.

In short, I'm giving permission.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    It seems like I would be acquainted with Metaúna. Not sure if acquainted as in rivals or acquainted as close allies or acquainted as in both.
    Depends on how that plays out once the Eyes thing is adjusted. =)
    "I Burn!"

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

I volunteer as tribute! give permission to people to make me a god.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seclora View Post
    Illyahr, Lord of Lyres
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Domains: Passion, Magic, Trickery, Chaos
    Symbol: A Golden Harp with Leathery(Draconic or Fiendish) wings
    Favored Weapon: Rapier

Beliefs: Illyahr is a proponent of following your instincts. No barmaid is too pretty, and no Dragon too terrifying for his followers. Most of his clerics are of the cloistered variety, but take to adventure with gusto. No task is too mad, no quest too impossible, and so long as the slightest chance of success exists, there shall be a Lyric waiting to try it.

Holidays: The Lyrics have several holidays, but are most often seen reveling on the holidays of other religions.

Divine Relations: Olidammara has been known to enjoy Illyahr's company on adventures. And Lolth is a common target for Illyahr's shenanigans But Illyahr's greatest and longest standing divine connection remains with Boccob. Where the uncarring god is dedicated to the study of magic, Illyahr is dedicated to the application of magic. The two often quarrel as a result, although each has earned the other's grudging respect.

Champions and Allies: Most of Illyahr's champions are high level bards with maximum ranks in bluff and diplomacy, Their skills are more often dedicated to defusing a threat than to defeating it outright. Sorcerers and Illusionists are also common. Illyahr's planar allies range from Eladrin to Tana'r'i, and are often selected by the god himself for the caster at hand.

Illyahr makes his home in Pandemonium, and in his divine realm the maddening winds are often twisted into a fiery bolero or rousing riff. The maddening effect persists, but every minute each creature must roll a will save or become either fascinated(01-50) or enraged(51-00). This affect is rolled seperately for each creature. Three succesful saves in a row prevents the need for a new save for 1d4 hour(s).
    HAHAHA!! Messin' with Lolth!
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

If anyone ever wanted to make a god of me, I'm game. I was thinking of trying to convince some others to volunteer, but I don't want to do so until I know it's safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm sad. I still haven't become a god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    I'm sad. I still haven't become a god.
    Neither have I. Keep up hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Neither have I. Keep up hope.
    But you're the Bad Wolf. You create yourself.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

You guys could always like... deify each other.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

You guys could always like... deify each other.
    I could make a 3.5 deity, easy. PF, though...

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    I could make a 3.5 deity, easy. PF, though...
    They're the same thing basically. Deities are 90% fluff anyway. 99% fluff in pathfinder. The only actual mechanics they have are deific rank (Demigod, Lesser, Intermediate, Greater), Alignment, and 5 domains, which must include their alignment's domains if they have them.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

This thread is 3.x/PF, if you are used to 3.5 use 3.5. I did, which is why my entries have too many domains. 3.5 had extra domains instead of making sub domains.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #476
    Firbolg in the Playground

Guys, deities are so two threads ago.

But yeah, I agree with Elric. Deify each other, it doesn't take a ton of work. If I get the chance, I'll round up the remaining entries and stuff for Snowbluff.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

WHATTABOUT ME!? I'LL DEIFY EVERY ONE OF YOU!
    just gimme some time to study...
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Man, I forgot how quickly threads get pushed into the deepest bowels of this subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Permission granted because why not. Let's see if I actually have a "character" on this forum or if I'm as much of a Boringly Normal Guy What Happens to Post a Lot as I think I am.

...Okay, I have rather gotten into the spirit of a certain thread in the Media subforum (), but let's see if someone can't put together a version disregarding that anomaly (in addition to the version taking it into account, of course, not instead of).
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-05-07 at 03:22 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I'll try something weird. Have the Vestige and the Deity be the same person.

Morphic Tide

Alignment: True Neutral.
    Divine Rank: 2
    Domains: Magic, Chaos, Healing, Luck, Animal, Plant, Trickery.

Legend: Having crafted a large variety of strange, powerful spells and even making a species on accident, the Chaos Sorcerer Morphic Tide found age an obstacle that could not be overcome without violating his few moral restrictions. Instead of merely seeking agelessness, he sought to do so in a fashion that would grant immense power. Recalling that the race he created revered him as divine and that some lesser gods gained their divinity from worship, he set to work learning how to grant spells like a god so that he could actually make an orgenized religion, becoming a god by having a large enough base of worshippers. As a precaution, he also learned of a way to become a Vestige, though this was a very risky thing to do. Eventually, seemingly on his deathbed, he enacted the ritual to become a Vestige. Little did he know that his apperantly age related illness was a curse from a minor god of death, or that he was already a quasi-deity from the religion he founded. As such, he accidentally became both a deity and a Vestige simultaneously, becoming trapped between the afterlife and the void all Vestiges lie in. This lead him to making his High Priest a Favored Soul, acting as his avatar in normal reality. He established the practice of the High Priest being a Binder, as well as a Claric, becoming his only Favored Soul as his mark of office.

Crunch on the High Priest: The High Priest, upon being chosen as a Favored Soul, has half their Divine Caster class levels turned into Favored Soul levels, with at least enough levels in Favored Soul to get the wings. At least half their class levels must be in a class that can Bind Vesteges. They must be at least level 21 overall.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

The Winged Mod: Thread Necromancy.