Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 155
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Four days out of Lepistadt and it was slow going. It had been three days since there was any sign of civilization. And it still wasn't yet cold enough to need all the cold weather gear that had been packed.

    It had been a picturesque three days, full of woods, rolling hills, overgrown scrag, and a lack of actual paths. This meant a lot of walking in waste high grass, and trying to push through dense forests that were almost walls of pure wood. There may have been a settlement out here fifty years ago, but the decades had over grown the paths, ingrown the tracks, and roughed up all the straight ways.

    The animals had come back. They had seen wild horses, families of squirrels, tribes of raccoons, the occasional fox, two tigers, and even a mammoth in the distance. Today's sight had been a fight between two strong gazelle, who were locking horns, charging, and trying to bite each other. Eventually one was successful in skewering the other, and the wounded one ran away into the woods, bleating and crying in pain.

    The party was coming up to the begin of the Tusken hills, a collection of hills that would steadily rise and then form the basis for the base of Deadfrost mountain. This was likely to be the last day of warm, as from tomorrow onward it would only get colder as the party climbed higher.



    The party was heading for the hill over which the clouds rose by smoke. It would be a long day, but hopefully from there they would be able to see Deathfrost mountain and a clear path towards it.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Nobody had expected there to be a river in the way. Buried in the woods, right in the way was a cold, deep, fast flowing river. Nobody particularly wanted to take a swim in the very chilly water, and Milo's scouting had indicated that there was likely to be a ford further on ahead. Pushing through the forest the party continued its trudge in an effort to reach a better viewing point to determine their final approach to Deathfrost mountain.

    Continuing on through the forest, Milo saw the crossing in the distance. He turned back to call to his weary comrades that it wasn't far when he saw the glint of steel in one of the tall trees.
    "Look out!" He cried. "There is someone above us."

    Even that may not have been enough as Nalin was the only one to spot the crouching Lion in the woods, its dark furn blending into the forest almost too well.

    At the sound of Milo's yell, everything flew into action, there was the sound of arrows flying through the air. Two of these bolts stream towards Nalin, one slams into his leg, and the other into his chest. Nalin realized with amazement the arrows came from across the river, up on a small hill. Bolts flew down from one of the trees also, again towards Nalin, one smacked into his shoulder, causing him to stagger, and the second flew over where his head would have been.

    The lion leaps into action and charges at Sir Denever, the impact is so great both the knight and the lion are plunged into the water.

    So at the beginning of the narration

    This is going to get interesting, there are a few things going on, First up Initiative order and perception vs hides:
    Perception checks
    Nalin (1d20+5)[25]
    Naiisif (1d20+12)[13]
    Milo (1d20+10)[22]
    Sir Denver (1d20+2)[7]

    Opposed by
    W1 (1d20+16)[28] - still hiding but has shot
    W2 (1d20+16)[21] - visible to Nalin & Milo
    D1 (1d20+15)[27] -invisible to all - still hiding
    Lion (1d20+22)[23] - Clearly Visable


    Now some Initiative

    Block 1
    Lion (1d20+18)[24]
    W1 (1d20+4)[24]
    - done

    Block 2
    Sir Denver (1d20+5)[23] - Would have a turn but surprised
    Naiisif (1d20+8)[18] - Would have a turn but Surprised

    Block 3
    W2 (1d20+4)[13] - done
    D1 (1d20+1)[11] - has performed action - this action does not make opponent visable.

    Block 4
    Nalin (1d20+0)[8] - Up now
    Milo (1d20+5)[8] - Up now


    So Nalin & Milo you have

    And now onto terrain:

    The brown patches represent trees. W2 is 20ft up in a tree, it is a DC 10 to climb the tree, but remembering that when climbing you can move at 1/4 of your normal speed. I'm going to say that attempting to use a two handed anything whilst up a tree can either be done at -4 safely, or require a DC15 acrobatics check to prevent falling. Because it will get complicated, be aware there is a trunk at the centre of the brown circles but the outwards part are branches that you can move underneath.

    The river is swift, cold and deep. This is a DC15 swim check. A failure of any kind will move the character 5ft west (river comes from right hand side of map to left hand side), and a failure of 10 or more will move the character 10ft. A swim check is required to get to shore from where Sir Denever is.

    W1 (and you will get more details on who/what this is with more perceiving) is on an elevated position that provides cover. This grants him +4 to AC. It will be a DC12 climb check to climb up there.


    W1 - AC 24, Touch 14, HP 47,
    W2 - AC 19, Touch 14, HP 43,
    I'm not actually sure if their attack broke their stealth for the persons in the surprise round who didn't stop them. I'm going to go with yes it did, but if you disagree sing out and I'll know for next time.
    Lion - AC 15, HP32

    The 3 arrows did 13 + 8 + 13 damage to poor Nalin

    We also have 2 characters with the same first 2 letters, next PBF I'm going to check that, as it may be confusing.
    The pony is in the same square as Nalin.

    And now we are at this position
    Last edited by jodokast; 2015-04-07 at 02:45 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Elsewhere.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Sir Denever Godefrey:

    The old knight walks through the brambles and grasslands with a small smile on his face. It had been a few days of long and wearisome travel, but through it all Denever remained fairly optimistic, for he'd never been one for concentrating on the bad things in life. Though he doesn't talk particularly often, he occasionally blurts out an amusing anecdote or tells a little story about the last time he went through the area. Although the others were basically just temporary travelling companions as he went up to the mountain, the knight felt somewhat attached to a few of them. It'd been a very long time since he'd had any sort of company on these grim missions to the darker places of the world he often went off to on Empyreal business. After a long bit of travel into the fourth day, Denever begins to hum to himself, enjoying the sights of the animals nearby, and the sounds of life all around him.

    It was so beautiful out here in the wilderness. Usually he was sent to the icy wastes, or the blasted out regions elsewhere in the world. It was nice for the Guardians to have sent him on a mission through such a scenic route. Denever himself was quite an avid bird watcher, and though he didn't know the names of some of the more exotic birds, he enjoyed drawing small sketches of them when he could. For a man that once fought literal manifestations of evil itself, he was a surprisingly peaceful individual away from the battlefield, at least it sort of seemed like that. He did seem somewhat secretive, though that was a somewhat unfair word to describe the way he kept things to himself. He was just a guarded old man, suspicious of all, but healthily so. He did seem to make decent conversation at times though, which was always a nice thing when the roads went on and on.

    He strikes up one such conversation to the others as he makes his way forward in all of his armor, the beautiful steel shining in the sunlight, his white beard somewhat sweaty, to match his hair. "Seems we've been walking for a while now, hasn't it friends? I think it'd be best if we took a break here soon enough. You know, these old bones aren't quite what they used to be, hah!" Denever looks around and breathes in the pleasant air. "Ahhh, but what a fine day to travel it is. The sun is out... It's not too hot. Not too many bugs out, and so far the wildlife's been quite beautiful. I may come out here some day when I'm less burdened with the steel I carry on my back. It seems like a wondrous place to camp for a few days, doesn't it? The stars look so clear out here." Denever seems to ramble on and on again, distracting himself from the painful steps forward as well as filling the air with some sort of noise.

    Suddenly, there's a strange noise. "Did... Did you hear that? Was... Was that Nalin? What's goin-!" Suddenly, a large creature leaps towards the old knight, and although the knight continues to brace his feet against the ground as per his training, the sheer strength of the lion continues to push him back, grinding his greaves into the dirt until the knight is pushed straight off the side of the river and into the water with a great splash. Denever begins to sink, holding his breath as well as he can despite having had most of the breath knocked out of him by the powerful lion's charge. Still, the knight focuses upon the sun up ahead, and although the cold water's quite a shock to suddenly feel, the knight is somewhat cooled off by the refreshing water. The knight begins to swim forward to shore as best as he can, using his muscles and armor training to better suit himself to swimming forward, even in the heavy armor he wears so frequently. As he swims forward, he thinks to the battle that's about to occur, focusing upon his Silver Crane training. (Mechanically, he's using a Swift Action to change his stance to Waltz of the Crane. +2 AC, Reflex, and Initative.)

    Swim Check, DC 15: (1d20+3)[19]

    Galder makes his swim check, and rushes towards the shore. Due to his high base attack bonus and practice with his weapon, as soon as he reaches the shore he'll draw his bastard sword, raising his shield up and preparing for whatever it was that leaped into the river with him to crawl back up.
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 2015-04-07 at 02:21 AM.
    don't click this

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Seeing Sir Denever getting attacked by the lion, Milo feels a clutch in his heart for his travelling companion. He was entrusted with a very important job and he failed to notice the dangers soon enough. Seeing the archer from up the tree hitting Nalin only made this worse for the young Halfling. His mind calmed when he saw Sir Denever swimming his way out of the water, feeling safe for his friend, he runs towards the tree that the second archer is on. Reaching the tree, the little Halfling starts climbing up to confront the attacker.
    BE CAREFUL! THERE MUST BE MORE AROUND HERE!!! Ηe shouts as he runs.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Swift action: Spend 1 ki point to grant myself +20 speed.
    Move action 20ft to reach square Q15
    Climb up with the rest of my speed. (1d20+2)[7]
    If I can take 10, then result is 12

    EDIT: Ki pool: 3/4
    Last edited by skypse; 2015-04-07 at 09:05 AM.
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

    The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage


    I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Sir Denever watches as the tiger deftly turns

    (1d20+8)[9]
    And is swept downstream by the current. It is desperately paddling and flapping its claws trying to control itself but the current is too strong. It's keeping its head above water but it doesn't look like it will easily be making it to sure.

    This is a weird situation that may provoke an attack of opportunity from Sir Denever, I will admit that I am a little hazy on if you have prepared an action if you still get an AoO, and my google fu has not revealed anything.
    Sir Denever has no time to let his guard down. The ruffian on the hill has turned his attention to the noble and valiant knight, two arrows fly through the air,

    (1d20+10)[18] and if it hits (1d8+5)[13]

    (1d20+10)[30] and if it hits (1d8+5)[6]
    confirming
    (1d20+10)[18] and if it hits (1d8+5)[6]
    The arrows find their mark again, the first only graizes his cheek, but the second finds the chink where his pauldrons connect with his breastplate.


    Now he is a little closer Sir Denever can make out the distinctive look of elven cloaks.

    Naiisif on the other hand notices the river beside where he is standing bubble slightly.

    Okay so its been 24 hours since I posted my last round

    Now some Initiative

    Block 1
    Lion (1d20+18)[24] - done
    W1 (1d20+4)[24] - done

    Block 2
    Sir Denver (1d20+5)[23] - Up NOW
    Naiisif (1d20+8)[18] - Up NOW


    So you 2 have 24 hours to post some moves, and I will post mine either after you both have, or after 24 hours.

    Block 3
    W2 (1d20+4)[13] -
    D1 (1d20+1)[11] -

    Block 4
    Nalin (1d20+0)[8] -
    Milo (1d20+5)[8] -

    Current map at the end of this portion can be found here
    It will help your DM if you specify which square you wind up it (i.e Sir Denever ends his turn in D4) I'll do my best to follow your description but I may get it wrong without a number.
    Last edited by jodokast; 2015-04-08 at 01:59 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Elsewhere.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Sir Denever Godefrey:

    As the knight catches his bearings on the shore, he stares towards the tiger, breathing heavily as he clutches his gleaming hand and a half blade tightly. As he watches the tiger get swept downstream, the knight offers up a very quick prayer to Iomadae, thanking the Goddess for sparing him the guilt he'd no doubt feel for slaughtering such a majestic creature. With a sigh, he looks over to the nearest archer and frowns as he recognizes elven cloaks. The knight mutters to himself slowly before preparing to make his way towards the elven aggressor. "Elves, why in the world are they shooting at us? Cowardly creatures, to shoot from afar instead of facing a man in combat as was meant by the gods above!" Ironically, just as he finishes his complaint directed towards no one in particular, three arrows fly past him.

    Though the first grazes by him, Denever is more than a little bothered by the fact that he's being shot at. Still, it's not like it's the first time in his life that the knight has been fired down upon. His brow furrows and he glares towards the archer, seemingly unimpressed with the first shot. The second arrow flies forward through the air as well, before bouncing harmlessly against the knight's thick full plate. Sir Denever smiles now, shouting out towards the archer that attacked him. "Hah! Iomadae is truly with me this day. I've seen goblins with better aim than you, elven coward!" Unfortunately, the third arrows comes blasting straight for him, managing to find a place right between his pauldrons and plate.

    The Knight growls out in pain but shrugs it off, however his smile has been wiped off his face. Perhaps these mysterious elven enemies were more of a threat than previously imagined. Denever breathes in deeply before whispering to himself. "Oh I'm going to need a nap later..." After that, he begins to run forward through the woods, moving at three times his regular speed, fast but not nearly as fast as others could due to his heavy plate. He'll run non-stop until he ends up in square V9, right by the enemy. He's panting heavily now, and can do nothing else this turn but shout out towards the elf, still somewhat inconvenienced by the arrow in his shoulder.

    "We have no quarrel with you, drop your weapons and on my honor as an Empyreal Guardian of Iomadae, no harm will become of you and your companions. This need not end in further bloodshed!"
    don't click this

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    ' The Black Rose ' Lady Naiisif Rael

    Naiisif Rael
    AC 21
    HP 46/46

    Rhis, Black Horn
    AC 22
    HP 76/76

    The circumstances were more then strange. Truly she had not been in the company of others in this manor in far too long. So long in-fact, she feared what the world would make of her. What, who would they see? She had fallen so deep within her duty, within her charge as a Knight of her Black-Order to truly look upon herself. To reflect upon what she had become over these long tenuous years.

    Yet here she now road, in the company of others. Though scarred, though steel-faced, and solemn. She felt.... peace. The man, Sir Denever, a knight much like herself, spoke often. Though they stood on the complete opposite shores of one-another's views and faith, she had developed a strange fondness of his righteous and weathered charm. Truly the man had known some strife and was no stranger to the foul creatures and servants of chaos that slithered and lurked upon the earth. Yet, he seemed unchanged. Empowered. Un-corrupted. It brought a strange warmth to her heart. Though when she begun to look upon herself, all she could see was darkness. She had sheathed herself in the infernal blessings of The Black Thorn. Swore to her brotheren and herself, she would stop the agents of chaos, by any means. Truly, they were worlds apart, yet she felt no regret. For with each memory, of every terrible crime, every scream, that same sense of satisfaction she felt seeing this dauntless silvered warrior, carried through her two-fold. For she had done what she had to do. Bloodied her hands. Flayed her aggressors... and protected the people of the civilized world, from threats they need never know. From things, they need never dream of. They were two sides, of a charred copper coin, left spinning in place until neither side was left facing skyward, and it simply fell to the darkened depths of some decrepit sewer, in a street with no name... Soon that day would come. The day that coin would cease to spin, and fall within the eternal vastness of those depths she named as death.

    But until then, she enjoyed the sun.... the weather, the stream's calming drone. Her black hair, slightly grayed in a woven braid, carried with the wind. It was warm and pleasant for now. She silently listened to the old knight's talk, riding her dear old friend. A great stag, sheen and black, with great pitch ebon horns and wondrous emerald eyes. His barding clinked with each hooved step. The bands of flexible metal had protected him numerous times already, and he had grown accustomed to the burden. They had seen a number of battles together, and he paid no protest to it's weight at all. She took a sip of water, then slid the waterskin back into her saddle bag. They had traveled far and long, but the true challenge awaited ahead of them.... a scream. She opened her eyes, distracted by the calming breeze. The knight called out to the stealthy little man ahead. They were under att-

    A great beast came upon Sir Denever, with massive paws and claws that lashed and thrashed about. Rhis reeled in surprise bucking with his legs. She pulled back upon her reins and circled him about just as she saw the armored man amazingly swim across the ravine. An impressive feat. Perhaps two enemies, she could not be sure, but the knight could apparently fair well for himself. Agitated as she was at the half-man's racial identity, which brought back those terrible memories of a former master once... so long ago, when she was but a slave... she would not tolerate loosing her scout to a band of brigands! She pulled her reins about, steadying Rhis, and with a kick she shouted "HA! ushering him forward into a dash. She released the reins from hand and stretched out her hands to her sides lifting her face skywards. The breeze rushed through her hair... Was, this enemy's life worth any less then those around her? She wondered. But quickly those fleeting thoughts were lost. They had found their resolution when they loosed their first arrow. Perhaps they defended their home. Perhaps not. But now, they would only find the warrior, the demon. The Black Thorn Knight to greet them. She looked forward as she rode hard, guiding the powerful body of her friend with her knee's drawing her sword from the lavishly lacquered black scabbard that bounded off her rear. She lifted the blade high above her head, as if it was a menacing scythe. The approach of the executioner's axe...

    Ride Check - Guide With Knee's DC5 - [20]
    [ Rhis ] rushes forward 20ft to block 15-O
    [ Naiisif ] Move Action - Unsheathes Divinity Edge

    She came upon the large tree the slippery little halfling climbed the 20ft trunk with deft footing and grace. She admired his skill for a half-second, before her mind began to sink within the expansive multi-hued recesses of the Voidglass blade she bore over-head. It turned black and flickered with shadowy light, a phantom aura. Then with a twist of her waist, reeling up Rhis to buck and kick at the tree, she focused and with a mental snap forged the 'spirit sword' within her mind. She slashed out with deathly speed, creating a blurring motion. The 30ft blade of shadow extended outward from the charred hilt of her weapon. IT lashed out through the tree's. Once. Twice. A blurring motion of speed and devastation.

    (Attack)
    [Swift Action] -Phantom Reach (Su) - Grant Melee Attack 30 ft Range
    Ki Pool Remaining: 3/4
    [Maneuver - Standard] - Flurry Strike - Double Attack VS Single Target
    (Critical Range 14-20x2)

    (Attack 1) (1d20+8)[24]
    (Critical Confirmation) (1d20+8)[24]
    (Damage) (1d10+7)[9]
    (Critical) (2d10+14)[24] (1d6)[5] [+Ki Vampirism]

    (Attack 2) (1d20+8)[10]
    (Critical Confirmation) (1d20+8)[17]
    (Damage) (1d10+7)[17]
    (Critical) (2d10+14)[22] (1d6)[3] [+Ki Vampirism

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Sir Denever's acrobatics to make it up the shallow cliff (1d20-1)[8]
    As Sir Denever tries to climb up the cliff face the rock on which he steps starts to roll. Quickly assessing the situation he elects to leap down, rather than be knocked on his back directly beneath an elf with a bow. Looking closely at the individual he can see he is a male elf. His is young (for an elf) and his position here clearly indicates the ambush was planned. Only slightly out of breath at the bottom of the rocky face Sir Denever assesses his next move.

    Naiisif's blade finds it mark, it sears across the elf who curses in surprise that he can be reached up here. He twists to avoid the second stroke, and it catches his cloak. But what a catch, it shears the bottom half of his green cloak straight off, and the fabric floats gently through the air towards the the ground. A lessor foe may have surrendered with the pain, but this elf was obviously made of firmer stuff, she notched another two arrows in quick succession and let them fly at Naiisif in retaliation for the pain that had been inflicted upon her.

    (1d20+10)[15] and if it hits (1d8+5)[9]
    (1d20+10)[28] and if it hits (1d8+5)[13]
    One of the arrows finds its mark. It spears through Naiisif's backback and slams into her back causing the hot pain that Naiisif is becoming more and more familiar with.

    Milo watches in shock as the ground beneath where Naiisif was standing, gets up and starts charging towards Naiisif of its own accord. A vaguely humanoid shape of clumped together rock, grass, and earth.

    Knowledge Arcana roll (1d20+6)[13]
    Milo immediately recognizes it as an earth elemental, and more importantly notes that both combatants seen thus far have not had the time to summon such a creature. This must mean there is a third combatant.

    It slams into Rhis with a defining thud.

    (1d20+10)[29] and if it hits (1d8+8)[11]
    Okay, so at the end of this were are here

    Now some Initiative

    Round 1

    Block 1
    Lion (1d20+18)[24] - done AC 15, HP32
    W1 (1d20+4)[24] - done AC 24, Touch 14, HP 47,

    Block 2
    Sir Denver (1d20+5)[23] - Done
    Naiisif (1d20+8)[18] - Done

    Block 3
    W2 (1d20+4)[13] - Done AC 19, Touch 14, HP 5,
    D1 (1d20+1)[11] - Done
    Earth Elemental - AC 18, touch 9 HP34

    Block 4
    Nalin (1d20+0)[8] - Up Now
    Milo (1d20+5)[8] - Up Now

    So you 2 have 24 hours to post some moves, and I will post mine either after you both have, or after 24 hours.
    Last edited by jodokast; 2015-04-09 at 05:22 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Seeing the Earth Elemental Milo shouts as loud as he could to warn the others:

    THERE ARE MORE OF THEM! THEY HAVE MAGIC USERS AS WELL!

    He then lashes out towards the Elf on the tree, trying to climb again to take out the wounded archer and have higher ground against the magical creature.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Climb check: (1d20+2)[17]
    If climb check succeeds, Attack roll to the Elf using Piranha strike: (1d20+9)[14]
    Confirmation roll on 27-29: (1d20+9)[15]
    Damage: (1d4+8)[12]
    Critical: (2d4+16)[19]
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

    The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage


    I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Keledrath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    GMT -5
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Nalin, seeing the elemental form up and attack the mounted warrior he travelled with, grinned as he leapt into the fray. Those arrows may have stung, and slowed his response, but now he was ready for a fight. Feeling the demonic energy surging through him, he charged the elemental, his fists lashing out to strike the stone form.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Move adjacent to the elemental
    Swift: Initiate Strength of Hell
    Standard: Initiate Flurry Strike

    Attack: (1d20+12)[27]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+12)[23]
    Damage: (1d4+5)[9]+(2d6)[8] (1d6 from SoH, 1d6 from Pugilist's Stance)
    Crit Damage: (1d4+5)[6]

    Attack: (1d20+12)[23]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+12)[21]
    Damage: (1d4+5)[7]+(2d6)[6]
    Crit Damage: (1d4+5)[7]

    Spoiler: Flurry Strike
    Show
    Discipline: Broken Blade (Strike)
    Level: 1
    Initiation Action: 1 standard action
    Range: Melee attack
    Target: One creature
    Duration: Instant
    The disciple of the Broken Blade learns to maximize openings in his opponent’s defenses and makes lightning fast attacks whenever possible. As a standard action, the initiator may make two attacks at his full base attack bonus.


    Spoiler: Strength of Hell
    Show
    Discipline: Black Seraph (Boost)
    Level: 1
    Initiation Action: 1 swift action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: One round
    By utilizing his bond to the lower planes from his training, the darkness he welcomed and his own, the martial disciple is capable of increasing his power at the cost of defense by bringing forth a momentary burst of hysterical fiendish strength. Until next turn, the disciple gains a +2 profane bonus to attack and add an additional 1d6 points of damage to the attack. This is a supernatural maneuver.


    Spoiler: Pugilist's Stance
    Show
    Discipline: Broken Blade (Stance)
    Level: 1
    Initiation Action: 1 swift action [This is to enter, I'm in it by default]
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Stance
    By adopting a powerful kick boxing stance, the initiator positions himself for lightning fast, potent strikes with his hands and feet. While in this stance, unarmed or discipline weapon strikes inflict an additional 1d6 points of damage.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

    Kelon by nijashe

    Extended Sig

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    The Elf in the tree was not expecting the halfling to move so fast. He had a surprised look on his face when he the halfling climbed up, then a shocked look of pain as the blows landed, he almost passed out from this, and his face turned briefly to panic as he fell to his death.

    The difficult to Milo is that his quick climb up the tree seemed to result in in a multitude of spiders come descending upon him from the various parts of the tree. He could swear that they hadn't all been there before, but now he found hundreds of spiders crawling all over the branches, his arms, legs, and body. They found the cracks in his armor, and were crawling on and inside his clothes. At first they were uncomfortable but then the pain started.

    The Earth Elemental took the blows better, his 'face' showed no emotion, and whilst the blows shook him, he did not crumble.

    The Lion continued his vain attempt to paddle to shore, but the only progress he made was to remain stationary with the current. He let out a mighty roar of frustration, which made most jump, but seemed to put the fear of the almighty into the donkey. Recognizing the sound of a vicious predator the donkey turned tale and bolted away, hoofing it away, terrified of the prospect of becoming diner for the king of the jungle.

    The elf opposing Sir Denever drew two more arrows and let them fly at Sir Denever. The first went wide, as the elf had difficulty focusing given the prospect of meeting his end on the blade of the knight. The second slammed into the front of his breastplate and shattered harmlessly against the iron of his armor.


    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Swim Check for the Lion (1d20+8)[13]
    Attack v Sir Denever (1d20+10)[19] and if it hits (1d8+5)[6]
    Attack the Second (1d20+10)[11] and if it hits (1d8+5)[13]

    Spider Swarm v Milo [roll]1d6[/roll] (1d6)[6] - and Milo needs to make a fort save v poison.

    Now some Initiative Blocks

    Round 2

    Block 1
    Lion (1d20+18)[24] - done AC 15, HP32 - Done
    W1 (1d20+4)[24] - done AC 24, Touch 14, HP 47, - Done

    Block 2
    Sir Denver
    Naiisif

    Block 3
    W2 (1d20+4)[13] - Done AC 19, Touch 14, HP 5, -
    D1 -
    Earth Elemental - AC 18, touch 9 HP4
    Swarm (spiders) - AC17 HP9

    Block 4
    Nalin (1d20+0)[8] -
    Milo (1d20+5)[8] -

    So you 2 have 24 hours to post some moves, and I will post mine either after you both have, or after 24 hours.

    And we are here at the end of this section
    Last edited by jodokast; 2015-04-10 at 08:46 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    ' The Black Rose ' Lady Naiisif Rael

    Naiisif Rael
    AC 21
    HP 33/46

    Rhis, Black Horn
    AC 22
    HP 65/76

    She slashed out with the massive 30 ft blade of shadow. A splash of blood rains down from the falling leaves and wooden limbs of the tree she cleaved through, a yelp of surprise and the dancing fall of half a green cloak brought a smirk to the brutal dark warriors face. She guided Rhis with a turn of her waist having him kick off from the tree, which gave her the proper angle of her previous assault. The elk circled about once triumphantly. She pointed her long-thin multi-hued blade up at her adversary menacingly. "You were foolish to attack us unwarranted. Yield and I sha- ....UHG! " Two arrows streamed down in response, one meeting its mark in her back as she circled about in place, with the excitable elk. " You cur! I'll see you dead then! " The blow was unexpected, but not enough to unseat the seasoned Black Knight.

    Ride Check: Stay in Saddle (DC 5) (1d20+12)[14]

    Whisps of energy touched the earth, which begun to shudder and move. From it a terrible humonoid creature emerged, with hands of stone, sheathed in roots and grass. It rushed upon them both, slamming into her friend with a great stone'y fist. It crashed into the armor showing them both with stone debris. She hears the halflings small voice shout from above.
    THERE ARE MORE OF THEM! THEY HAVE MAGIC USERS AS WELL!
    The nimble elk quickly recovered with a prancing half-step off-setting the blow. She whipped the dirt and stone from her face. She turned her hips quickly resetting her angle and pat Rhis on the side of the face once. He bucked wildly in the air once. Kicking up dirt with his hind-legs more then ready to destroy this mound of dirt that had stuck him with his black horns.

    " Gah! Will there be no end to them!?

    With a quick glance she watches the halfling pull himself up and unleash a well placed strike throwing the elf from his perch and to his death, with a sickening splatter. She threw her head back and laughed raucously at the sight of the elven creatures collapsed skull.

    " Haha! Well struck, short-one! Though I hoped i'd have the pleasure of ending that fool myself! " Just as she spoke. The dangerously swift wounded warrior charge forth and attack the elemental. His blood may have been tainted, but with three arrows protruding from his body, she smirked admiring his combat-resolve. She had intended to break from the combat to regain her focus, but she could not leave the man in such a precarious predicament, and Rhis was kicking upon the dirt, itching to smash the thing to pieces of lifeless earth. The strength of the Tieflings blows was thunderous. His bare-fists smashing into the stone sending cracks through the creatures stone face. Quite impressive, but she had no intention of being shown up by the demon-blooded creature. She glanced up at Milo for a half-second taking into account the swarm that seemed to have lived within the tree... She signed. There really was no end to them, but that could be dealt with later, the short man had proven himself competent enough thus far, no reason a few insects should prove a threat.

    She pat the great elk on the head once more, before lifting up her large sword. A purple energy beginning to fill it, making it vibrate in her hands, making it slightly unwieldy as the force began to gather, until the glass blade turned completely solid dark-purple as if an energy had filled it. She held it overhead dramatically.

    Spoiler: Swift Action - Savage Stance
    Show
    Savage Stance
    The blood is the life and the disciple of the Black Seraph knows that by spilling it in great amounts, he does glory to the lower planes. While in this stance and wielding a melee weapon in two hands, the disciple adds an additional 1d8 points of damage to his attacks but suffers a -2 to attack rolls from the focus on increased damage.

    Summery: +1d8 Damage / - 2 on Attack Rolls


    "Watch horned-one! This is how it is done!"
    She twisted her hips, the elf without missing a beat, turned around sharply, and kicked off the tree and into a headlong dive at the elemental creature, using the trunk of the massive wooden support to kick off his attack.

    Ride Check: Fight with a combat-trained mount (DC10) - (1d20+12)[27]

    The massive elk came upon the earth-born creature with it's great blackened horns in an attempt to destroy the thing outright with the darring maneuver, but not satisfied with that alone. The Black Knight unleashed a vicious attack with her own deathly-keen blade.

    ( Combat )

    Rhis, The Black Horn - ATTACK VS EARTH ELEMENTAL

    Attack - Gore - (1d20+8)[20]
    Threat Confirm (20x2) - (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage - (2d6+9)[14]
    Critical - (4d6+18)[34]

    'The Black Rose ' - Naiisif - ATTACK VS EARTH ELEMENTAL
    (Critical Threat 14-20x2)

    Attack - (1d20+6)[14]
    Threat Confirm - (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage - (1d10+7)[17] (1d8)[4]
    Critical - (2d10+14)[27] (1d6)[1] (1d8)[5]

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Elsewhere.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Denever eagerly attempts to rush up the cliff face to reach the lithe elf lurking in the tree a little while away. He smiles brightly, even as a few more arrows fly his direction, either landing a few feet away from him or shattering into nothingness due to the thick iron plate he wears. The brave knight laughs to himself and speaks towards the elf, pointing his large sword the elf's way. "Good friend, I promised you quarter, but you make a mockery of my good mood and humour! Now there is naught left to do but put the sword to you, a shame as well, you look to be far too young to have your life taken. I gave you a chance! To the pain, then!" The chivalrous knight smiles brightly and steps forward, onto the seemingly solid ground, attempting to get up that cliff face and head over to the elf he intends to best.

    However, his first step forward proves perilous, and as he brings his heavy greaves of the thickest iron down, his foot manages to land straight atop of a rabbit hole of some kind, slipping into the hole and getting stuck. Now, the knight has managed to find his foot stuck in the hole, and looks down with moderate annoyance at the trapped limb. "What in the...? Oh by the gods, not now." The knight fumbles about from here, attempting to pull his jammed foot out of the annoying rupture in the earth. As he struggles to remove his trapped foot, he looks back to see the earth elemental crumble away, his companions having killed the strange earthen creature. He raises the hand clutching his sword up and calls back to his allies, wanting to say something rousing before he moves forward again. "Huzzah! We're beating them, stay strong friends, the gods are with us this day!"

    He looks back down at his foot and finally pulls it out, but slips a little bit in the process and manages to end up stepping right onto a particularly large rock, the surface of the stone sliding against the smooth bottoms of his plated greave. The knight seems a great deal more annoyed with himself than previously, and mutters to himself, obviously frustrated. "The gods are with you all, at least." He'll gain his steady footing once more before another arrow flashes into his chest, causing the knight to grunt out somewhat unattractively. "What's wrong with you, man! Firing upon an old man like that, when I'm obviously struggling."

    Denever moves forward again, but ends up kicking the side of the cliff. At this, he begins to curse and shout out angrily, his patience clearly gone.
    don't click this

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Denever eagerly attempts to rush up the cliff face to reach the lithe elf lurking in the tree a little while away. He smiles brightly, even as a few more arrows fly his direction, either landing a few feet away from him or shattering into nothingness due to the thick iron plate he wears. The brave knight laughs to himself and speaks towards the elf, pointing his large sword the elf's way. "Good friend, I promised you quarter, but you make a mockery of my good mood and humour! Now there is naught left to do but put the sword to you, a shame as well, you look to be far too young to have your life taken. I gave you a chance! To the pain, then!" The chivalrous knight smiles brightly and steps forward, onto the seemingly solid ground, attempting to get up that cliff face and head over to the elf he intends to best.

    However, his first step forward proves perilous, and as he brings his heavy greaves of the thickest iron down, his foot manages to land straight atop of a rabbit hole of some kind, slipping into the hole and getting stuck. Now, the knight has managed to find his foot stuck in the hole, and looks down with moderate annoyance at the trapped limb. "What in the...? Oh by the gods, not now." The knight fumbles about from here, attempting to pull his jammed foot out of the annoying rupture in the earth. As he struggles to remove his trapped foot, he looks back to see the earth elemental crumble away, his companions having killed the strange earthen creature. He raises the hand clutching his sword up and calls back to his allies, wanting to say something rousing before he moves forward again. "Huzzah! We're beating them, stay strong friends, the gods are with us this day!"

    He looks back down at his foot and finally pulls it out, but slips a little bit in the process and manages to end up stepping right onto a particularly large rock, the surface of the stone sliding against the smooth bottoms of his plated greave. The knight seems a great deal more annoyed with himself than previously, and mutters to himself, obviously frustrated. "The gods are with you all, at least." He'll gain his steady footing once more before another arrow flashes into his chest, causing the knight to grunt out somewhat unattractively. "What's wrong with you, man! Firing upon an old man like that, when I'm obviously struggling."

    Denever moves forward again, but ends up kicking the side of the cliff. At this, he begins to curse and shout out angrily, his patience clearly gone.
    Her blade passed through the air, as the massive black elk crashed through the living stone-creature. She shook off the dirt, hearing the old knights words of encouragement from across the river. She tilted her head, and winced at the mans' struggle up the hill side as he was rained upon by arrows, which seemingly broke or disintegrated on contact with his massively thick iron armor. The man was a walking fortress, he could climb tree's and swim in 70 pounds of metal, yet, he couldn't seem to find his footing, or avoid slipping on stones or stepping in rabbit burrows... She muttered to herself; " Well.... I suppose one cannot be proficient at everything... "

    Grabbing the reins with one hand, she waved over to him across the river with her sword, yelling back. " We've 'bout finished on this side! Are the pebbles proving too formidable for your experienced sword arm, young-man? " She laughed at her own jest. He'd make it up their eventually, and put the thin man to the sword. But the prospect of spurring Rhis and leaping the river to steal his combat after all his work was a very tempting proposition... but she still she had the Tiefling to deal with. The man, looked like he could fall over from the blood-loss and the three bolts that protruded grotesquely from his body.

    She looked up to the halfling still engaged with the swarm of insects. She hated insects. The cursed little things, were born to be fodder. The thought of throwing a pellet grenade into the branches and enjoying the flaming spectacle of the burning little bodies tickled her fancy. She looked to Nalrin, " It appears we've a short-bit of time, you should recover from your wounds. I've no intention of loosing one of our own now, not while we're so close to our destination... "

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    The lion continues to struggle with the current. This time he is sucessful, and moves swiftly to the shore. He clambers out of the river, and shakes his fur vigerously spraying water around and then looks angrily around, searching for prey.

    The living elf continues to stand his ground. He shouts an insult down at Sir Denever in elvish as she shoots two arrows at him. One arrow smashes into Sir Denever's sword and shatters on its blade. The other slams into his helmet and then falls harmlessly to the ground. Truly the knights armor is his salvation.

    Realising that his arrows are proving to be ineffective the look of fear starts to cross the elf's eyes. This ambush does not seem to be going the right way. With one colleague dead, and their elemental ally turned back into mud this elf must be starting to feel it.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Round 2

    Lion Swim (1d20+8)[24]

    W1 attack (1d20+11)[22] and if it hits (1d8+5)[9]
    critical confirm (1d20+11)[21]
    (1d20+11)[15] and if it hits (1d8+5)[9]
    critical confirm (1d20+11)[17]
    I believe I need a 20 to do any damage,

    Block 1
    Lion (1d20+18)[24] - done AC 15, HP32 - Done
    W1 (1d20+4)[24] - done AC 24, Touch 14, HP 47, - Done

    Block 2
    Sir Denver - Up NOW
    Naiisif - Up NOW

    Block 3
    W2 (1d20+4)[13] - Done AC 19, Touch 14, HP 5, -
    D1 - AC22, HP40
    Earth Elemental - AC 18, touch 9 HP4
    Swarm (spiders) - AC17 HP9

    Block 4
    Nalin (1d20+0)[8] -
    Milo (1d20+5)[8] -
    Last edited by jodokast; 2015-04-11 at 02:00 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Milo cuts through the Elf with a swift and elegant move, before he senses the crawlers moving towards his body. A spider falls onto his head and bites him hard at the back of the neck. With a quick wave, he throws it away from him and jumps of the tree before the rest of them overwhelm him. He lands safely on his feet and runs towards the druid he sees in the distance.
    You two handle the lion! He shouts at his teamates. I'll get the Druid!

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Jump off the tree to square Q16, acrobatics to negate fall damage (1d20+15)[22] (autopass)
    I can't find what action it is to jump off from somewhere. If it is a move or a standard action, then Milo moves 20 feet towards the Druid to square K16. I Milo can take a double move, he moves 40 feet to square H16
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

    The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage


    I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Spoiler: Milo Run
    Show

    Absolutely you can run.


    The swarm of spiders has now moved on to Naiisif, they have scattered down the tree trunk in droves, across the ground, and scurried up the legs of the elk and onto her. There must have tens of them in her backpack already, and three times that on her body. God were these things fast. And itchy as hell. Rhis was communicating his displeasure by bucking slightly and trying to get straight out of there. Naiisif didn't blame the animal.

    The elven druid, spotted at last hefts a javelin in her arms and aims its straight at Milo. The javelin goes wide and smacks into a tree beside him with a deep strumming sound.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

    Swarm damage to Naiisif (1d6)[4]
    Swarm damage to Rhis (1d6)[2]
    Fort saves for both of you.

    D1 - (1d20+6)[18]
    and if it hits (1d8+4)[7]

    Block 1
    Lion (1d20+18)[24] - done AC 15, HP32 - Done (out of order)
    W1 (1d20+4)[24] - done AC 24, Touch 14, HP 47, - Done (out of order)

    Block 2
    Sir Denver - Up NOW
    Naiisif - Up NOW


    Block 3
    W2 (1d20+4)[13] - Done AC 19, Touch 14, HP 5, -
    D1 - AC22, HP40
    Earth Elemental - AC 18, touch 9 HP4
    Swarm (spiders) - AC17 HP9

    Block 4
    Nalin (1d20+0)[8] - no post, I'll assume he's delayed
    Milo (1d20+5)[8] - Done

    And we are here

    Last edited by jodokast; 2015-04-13 at 04:35 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    ' The Black Rose ' Lady Naiisif Rael

    Naiisif Rael
    AC 21
    HP 29/46

    Rhis, Black Horn
    AC 22
    HP 63/76

    The halfling quickly tumbled from the tree and the insects breaking off into a mad sprint towards the elven caster. She had almost missed him, not truly noticing the menacing magician til the scout screamed it out. The javelin she threw soared past him and landed with a dense thud into a tree, still quivering at the shaft. A lucky miss, for if it ha-

    The swarm of insects descended upon her from the tree breaking her line of thought. The knight, for all her battle hardened bravado was deathly afraid of insects, and hated spiders the most. She began to scream and shout scratching the throwing the nasty things from her while Rhis bucked and kicked in equal displeasure. " Gah..AHHH GET-AH-OFF! DIE YOU DISGUSTING THINGS! GAAAAAAH !" They nipped and bit at her, she could feel their venomous stings. But freeing herself from enough the damned things, she grabbed her reins, spun Rhis with a sharp jerk and spurred him away from the descending swarm. She swatted her armor and back, knocking the remaining things off her.

    [ Rhis Withdraws to Space (18-0) ]

    The black elk shock himself violently like a dog out of water as he crashed forward and out of the gathering swarm of insects, she swept the remaining things off him with her boot. She begun to laugh maniacally as she pulled back on the reins bringing him into a two legged prance, turning him about, before coming back to all fours, facing the swarm again, with a good 15 ft of distance from their previous location. As they came down from the turning maneuver, she spun her blade in reverse, and thrust it down into the earth like a spear, sticking it into the ground at her side. The only thing worse perhaps then an enraged Black Thorn Knight, was an enraged Numerian Black Thorn Knight. With her hands free she grabbed one of the four grenades on her belt, with a twist, she primed it, with her teeth she pulled the iron pin. She lifted the weapon above her head whilist screaming " BURN IN HELLFIRE, SCUM! " She threw the bomb forward, aiming for the open space 5 ft from both where she and the swarm had been only seconds ago.

    ( Combat )
    Free-Action - Drops Divinity Edge
    Move-Action - Draws Iron Pellet Grenade
    Free-Action - Prime

    'The Black Rose ' - Naiisif - IRON PELLET GRENADE RANGED ATTACK

    [ Iron Pellet Grenade, First-Range Increment to Unoccupied Square (16-O) ]
    [ AC5 to land in desired location ]


    Throw - (1d20+8)[15]

    The grenade soars threw the air, and upon hitting the ground explodes in a massive fiery cloud, as a geyser of flame, smoke and fragmented shards of steel rupture outward and uproot the earth in a 10ft cacophonous-detonation. Just out of range of the explosion the heat washes over her face and blows back her hair. She smiles amid the destruction, looking back at the flaming earth. That should teach the disgusting things a lesson or two. [Auto-Pass to Land]

    10 ft Blast from Block (16-0) - VS SPIDER SWARM

    Damage - (3d6)[11] (Fire/Piercing/Bludgeoning Damage)

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Elsewhere.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Denever:

    With a sigh of acceptance, the knight attempts to move forward again, only to find clumps of dirt falling off the slope as he tries to make his way up the annoying thing. He huffs about loudly before simply deciding to point his sword angrily up into the heavens. "By all the gods, I curse the one that decided to place this particular slope in this particular location!"

    Sir Godefrey waggles his sword towards the elf again, scolding him. "And you should feel bad for making this more difficult than it needs to be, elfling. Eventually I will find my way up to you!"
    don't click this

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Keledrath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    GMT -5
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Nalin, walking back towards the river after the death of the elemental, sees the lion has managed to escape. Laughing, he rushes it, stopping at the last second and kicking a cloud of dirt and dust into the animal's eyes.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Move: Adjacent to the Lion
    Swift: Dastardly Gambit
    Standard: Dirty Trick Combat maneuver to blind the lion
    CMB: (1d20+14)[18] (5 BAB, 4 Str, 3 Cha, 2 Improved Dirty Trick)
    If successful: Recover Flurry Strike and Strength of Hell
    EDIT: Recover Strength of Hell on failure (forgot to specify which was my priority)

    Gambits: This is how I recover maneuvers. I use my Swift to declare it, then I get to attempt it, adding my Cha bonus to any d20 rolls relevant to the check. If I fail, I recover 1 maneuver and take a -2 penalty to all d20 rolls for 1 round. If I succeed, I get a bonus based on the Gambit and recover Cha modifier maneuvers

    Spoiler: Dastardly Gambit
    Show
    Risk: The warlord attempts a successful dirty trick maneuver against an opponent.
    Reward: The warlord and his allies are filled with malicious glee to attack the warlord’s foe, and gain his Charisma modifier as a morale bonus to damage rolls to a single attack against this target until the warlord’s next turn.
    Last edited by Keledrath; 2015-04-13 at 07:16 PM.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

    Kelon by nijashe

    Extended Sig

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    The elf laughs from the top of Sir Denever and the knight here's some form of comment about clumsy humanoids.

    The druid stands up and shouts an angry command and extends his hands. Suddenly feathers are sprouting across his body, and the graceful elf is transformed into a hideously ugly giant vulture. The vulture spreads it's wings and flaps lazily north, rising to a height of 25ft. The bird shrieks a cry that sends chills down spines and sends other small creatures in the forest into hiding.

    The lion carefully arches up and the dirt hits his mane but avoids his mouth, he growls softly as he prepares to pounce.

    Naiisifs explosion lands exactly as intended. The flames leap up and the spiders begin to smoke, pop, and crackle in the heat. Silently they die to the flames, their screams of agony heard only by the others in the animal kingdom. One of them tries to jump out of the flames, but fails and his jump ends with his burning body lying on the ground, life extinguished, his body turned to fuel for the ongoing flame.

    [SPOILER=mechanics]Block 1
    Lion (1d20+18)[24] - done AC 15, HP32 - Done
    W1 (1d20+4)[24] - done AC 24, Touch 14, HP 47, - Done

    Block 2
    Sir Denver - done
    Naiisif - done
    Nalin done.

    Block 3
    W2 (1d20+4)[13] - Done AC 19, Touch 14, HP 5, - dead
    D1 - AC24, HP40 now 15ft north of last posted position 25ft in air
    Earth Elemental - AC 18, touch 9 HP4
    Swarm (spiders) - AC17 HP9
    dead

    Block 4
    Milo (1d20+5)[8] -up now

    Sorry no map, up at hospital and realized switching view to desktop enabled me to see rolls. Map tomorrow. Also sorry for spelling, sure there mistakes.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Seeing the transformation of the Druid, Milo picks up a rock as he is running from the ground and with a quick movement he runs under the druid, throwing the rock at the creature with all the force he had trying to make him lose height.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move to E16
    Attack roll with the stone: (1d20+6)[9]
    Confirm (that would be funny): (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: I don't know what kind of damage a stone does, but I have +2 trait damage bonus against Large or larger creatures and -1 from strength. Also, in the remote case scenario that the druid is flat footed for some reason, add my sneak attack: (2d6)[8]
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

    The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage


    I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    The lion pounces on Nalin with a ferocious roar. Nalin avoids the bite by ducking slightly but the claws rake his body and he drops unconscious beneath the pain. With the drop of Nalin the lion lets out another mighty roar.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Bite (1d20+7)[16]
    if it hits (1d8+5)[8]

    Claw 1 (1d20+7)[20]
    if it hits (1d4+5)[6]

    Claw 2 (1d20+7)[25]
    if it hits (1d4+5)[6]

    By my count this and the initial arrows put Nalin on -2HP.

    Last edited by jodokast; 2015-04-15 at 08:52 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Continuing to laugh at the troubled knight the elf steps back and lets flt two arrows at the elk.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Im pretty sure you have hard cover here so +4 to his AC

    (1d20+10)[29] and if it hits
    (1d8+5)[8]

    (1d20+10)[14] and if it hits
    (1d8+5)[13]- by my count this hits


    One of the arrows flies wide, but the other finds its mark by pushing through the elk's barding. Thankfully Rhis is well trained enough all he does is let out a neigh of pain, but he does not buckle or try to throw his rider.

    The rock flies wide past the vulture, it doesn't even break its focus, it's beady eyes have turned towards the fallen Nalin.

    Spoiler: Turn Order
    Show

    Block 1
    Lion AC 15, HP32 - Done
    W1 AC 24, Touch 14, HP 47, - Done

    Block 2
    Sir Denver - UP NOW
    Naiisif - Up NOW
    Nalin Unconscious (-2) unstable - UP (hopefully) NOW


    Block 3
    D1 - AC24, HP40 now 15ft north of last posted position 25ft in air

    Block 4
    Milo - Just been

    This is the state of play now

    Last edited by jodokast; 2015-04-15 at 08:58 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Elsewhere.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Denever:

    The knight attempts once more to charge up the small cliff face before finding that he simply can't do it. The knight steps back and takes a good long look at his surroundings once more, time seeming to slow a bit around him as he meticulously scans the rocks that block him off from his target. While it certainly did appear that the rocks were simply unclimbable to someone in heavy armor, perhaps there was another way?

    After a second or two of looking the environment over, his green eyes notice a section of the area that seemed a great deal flatter than the rest. Perhaps that would hold the weight of the knight and his armor? Well, there was no reason not to try. Sir Denever breathes in deeply, feeling his beard press against his breastplate as he straightens his back and neck. He releases the breath and charges, shouting out some silly bit of nonsense, attempting to sound as intimidating as possible. Unfortunately for the knight, he never was particularly good at scaring people, being a somewhat gentle man out of combat.

    Regardless, his battle cry echoes throughout the area, and the man goes running forward, rushing the wall with great speed, his plate mail greaves slipping and flying across the rocks as sparks fly off the metal. As he rushes up the wall, he feels himself moving forward, and a grin appears on his face, looking almost child-like in his glee at finally finding himself atop the small rock wall that had kept him from his elven enemy. Now at the top, he plants his feet firmly in the ground, before banging the hilt of his bastard sword against his shield, his cloak swinging in the breeze.

    He'll point his sword towards the elf now, and speaks out to him. "Ahah! You're mine now, elf. Your day of reckoning has come, are you prepared to meet your end?"

    From here, he'll prepare to rush towards the tree next.
    don't click this

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    ' The Black Rose ' Lady Naiisif Rael

    Naiisif Rael
    AC 21
    HP 29/46

    Rhis, Black Horn
    AC 22
    HP 55/76

    The grenade landed perfectly blowing the damned swarm on a quick road to hell. She smiled as the flames whipped in the blast, the charred remains of the screeching burning insects audible in the light breeze. She glanced over as the druid took flight, turning into some large bird. The little man, took up rocks as he ran quickly casting them at the bird like a small child skipping stones. The improvised weapons were terribly inaccurate. She signed. She looked forward in time to see the massive cat pounce upon the tiefling. The arrogant fool, attempting to kick dirt in its face, repaid in kind with a flurry of massive mauling clawed paws. He somehow manged to avoid the creatures great maw, but was thrown to the ground in a bloody mess as the creature roared triumphantly in the air.

    A burning fury, began to fill her. They had come so far... for so many days to get here. Not to have her useless horned brawler eaten by some overgrown feline. She leaned over and ripped her multi-hued blade from the earth beside her. It began to fill once more with a great and fearsome purple light, that intensified til it became, not but a dark luminescent sabre. She pulled back on Rhis reins, just as the arrow cacked threw a fold in his black-iron barding. The large elk, shook from the impact, but had taken far worse blows. He looked back at her. With her heavy greave, she lifted her steel bot from the stirrup and broke the arrow in half, leaving the piecing end where it lay. She'd tend to that later. The elk gave a light yelp of pain, but was ready for battle. It was time to kill that beast. The druid would be next..... She waved her large curved blade above her head once reeling back in the saddle. And issued a war cry. "KILL THEM ALL! Hiiii'YAAAAAA!" She spurred the black beast forward with a light whip of the reins. They raced threw the smokey crater left by the explosion, the beasts black hooves splashing puddles of gore under-foot from the insects charred remains with sickening sprays in its rush forward. The smoke cleared, she steered him close to a tree, and around, coming about upon the best letting go of the reins and once more steering him with her knee's. She kicked both the stirrups in and bolted down in the fine black military-saddle issuing Rhis a practiced maneuver they had done many times.

    [ Ride Check: Ride with Knee's (DC10) - Auto Pass]

    The elk lifted its head up, kicking off, and into a spin as they came upon the great feline beast, giving her just the right angle, just the right balance to unleash devastation upon the foul creature. A flash of spirit stormed through her body. Time seemed to still, as she stood, standing in saddle with her blade raised high prepared to strike in the elk's finely trained trick. Small flashes of insight. Glimpses of a possible future raced through her mind. Then it was gone. She came down with a ferocious assault.

    [ Handle Animal Check: Animal Trick: Aid:Combat DC15 ] - [16]
    [ Ride Check: Fight With combat-trained (DC10) ] - [29]
    Swift Action - Murderous Insight (Su) (4/4 Rounds) - Ki Pool 3/4
    Spoiler: Murderous Insight (Su)
    Show
    The stalker designates his combat senses towards ending the lives of his opponents and gains momentary flashes of insight in how to best accomplish this. By spending one point of ki as a swift action, the stalker makes an attack and rolls twice for that attack and uses the better of the two results due to the stalker's precognitive abilities. This art has a duration of 1 + the stalker's Wisdom modifier in rounds.



    (Attack)
    [B][Maneuver - Standard] - Primal Wrath - ATTACK LION/TIGER
    (Critical Range 14-20x2)

    (Strike) Primal Wrath - +6 Dmg on Strike
    Spoiler: (Strike) Primal Wrath
    Show
    A wild but powerful strike is better than a frail and accurate one, says the disciple of Primal Fury. By sacrificing accuracy for potency, the disciple achieves his desired result. The initiator inflicts an additional 4 points of damage upon a successful attack, or an additional 6 points of damage if the initiator is wielding the weapon in two hands.


    Animal Trick: Aid:Combat +2 to Attack, Followed by attack from animal
    Spoiler: Animal Trick: Aid
    Show
    The animal can use the aid another action to aid a specific ally in combat by attacking a specific foe the ally is fighting. You may point to a particular creature that you wish the animal to aid, and another that you want it make an attack roll against, and it will comply if able.


    Naiisif

    (Attack 1) - (1d20+10)[29]
    (Attack- Murderous Insight (Su) ) - (1d20+10)[14]
    (Critical Confirmation) (1d20+10)[13]
    (Damage) (1d10+13)[15] (1d8)[7]
    (Critical) (2d10+26)[36] (1d6)[5] (1d8)[3] [+Ki Vampirism]

    Upon completing the devastating assault, and the black knight unleashed her mighty swing, the elk landed hard upon the ground, circling about to lead in with a second devastating blow with its massive black crown, attempting to gore the stupid creature which was now the target of it's anger.

    Rhis - The Black Horn

    (Attack 1) (1d20+8)[28]
    (Critical Confirmation) (1d20+8)[9]
    (Damage) (2d6+9)[14]
    (Critical) (4d6+18)[29]

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    The vulture bolts down at the duo that managed to kill the lion. When it notices the death of its creature colleague it lets out a loud shrieking caw,and flies down, directly for the elk. It's moment hurtles itself through the air and smashes into the beast and rider. The impact of the solid vulture hurtling through the air and colliding with them is more than expected and they are thrown backwards. The elk tries to steady itself but it skids across the ground, struggles to remain on the bank of the river and fails. Down they plunge into the cold water.

    Spoiler: Turn Order
    Show
    Block 1
    Lion AC 15, HP32 - Done
    W1 AC 24, Touch 14, HP 47, - Done

    Block 2
    Sir Denver - Done
    Naiisif - Done
    Nalin Unconscious (-2) unstable - Done

    Block 3
    D1 - AC24, HP40 now 15ft north of last posted position 25ft in air - Just Been

    Block 4
    Milo - Up NOW

    The state of the field is now this


  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    Milo chases the eagle when he sees his companion falling down the river. He quickly charges towards the spot, reaching for his magical wand to help Nalin before the druid finishes him off.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    As part of the following move action, I draw my Wand of Cure Light Wounds.
    Swift action: Spend Ki point to gain +20 speed.
    Move action: 1st diagonal, 5 ft to G15, 2nd diagonal, 15ft to H14, straight to L14 35ft, 3rd diagonal 40ft to M13.
    Standard action, I use the wand of cure light wounds on Nalin. (1d8+1)[4]

    Ki points 2/4
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

    The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage


    I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2015

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    The Elven warrior runs at Sir Denever. She must have realized she was no match for the knight in a straight up fight, and her chances were only good when he was at the bottom of the cliff, and she was at the top. Sir Denever struggles and is pushed back slightly but remains solidly on the cliff, if a little to close to the edge for his liking.

    Now that he is close he can see that the elf is female, with a hardened face, and a warriors tattoo on the left hand side of her face, and her left hand. She clearly realizes that Sir Denever and his colleagues have the upper hand, and this will be a desperate fight for their existence and intends to make them pay.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    (1d20+7)[19] Bullrush = Sir Denever's CMD


    Spoiler: Turn Order
    Show
    Block 1

    W1 AC 24, Touch 14, HP 47, - Done

    Block 2
    Sir Denver - Up Now
    Naiisif - Up Now - in the water, dc15 swim check or be swept downstream
    Nalin (1hp) stable- Up Now


    Block 3
    D1 - AC24, HP40

    Block 4
    Milo - Just Been

    State of the play

    I'll update tomorrow at 0700GMT.

    Last edited by jodokast; 2015-04-17 at 06:54 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

    ' The Black Rose ' Lady Naiisif Rael

    Spoiler: Mechanics - Failed Combat Maneuver
    Show
    Naiisif remains in Block K-12. Bullrush attempt CMB 9 (24) VS CMD 27. Failed. Druids charge is ended directly in front of Naiisif. Bullrush (Without Improved Bullrush Feat) Provokes. Naiisif Crit-Threats for 15 Damage Reducing Combat Maneuver's score to CMB 9. Vulture is now in melee range.


    Naiisif Rael
    AC 21
    HP 29/46

    Rhis, Black Horn
    AC 22
    HP 55/76

    Her vicious prancing assault upon the feline beast was terrible and violent. Her blade cleanly severed off the creature's head, but now before the massive black elk could spin about and ram the cloven apendage off the creatures body and send it's bloody mane hurtling into the river with a gory slash. Blood spurted from the large animals body, twitching once or twice before finally going still. She saw the halfling's gambit, rushing with his nimble feet to the aid of the foolish tiefling. The great bird cawed above. She readied her sword. Flashes, visions of the future still reflecting in her minds eye...

    (ACTIVE) Murderous Insight (Su) Round 3/4

    She smirked, as the dastardly thing made its aerial assault diving down haphazardly in a blind fury attempting to attack the mounted warrior in a head on collision. He'd find more likely quarry elsewhere, but she could not blame the foul elf-creature. She had slain it's pet, perhaps. She closed her eyes, drawing in a breath, timing his approach. It was no matter.

    She opened her eyes and issued a sharp twist with her waist, swinging the elk about into a skidding sweep of its rear, she spun about with the elk slashing out in a wide arc with her deathly-thin blade. There was a small spray of crimson. She couldn't tell how effective the strike had been, but it was enough to cause the creature to come into a full crashing halt. It's beak colliding with the barded rear of the elk's tail-end, she spun him about. Facing the wildly flapping grounded creature. She lifted her glowing blade into the air, and stared down at the creature coldly. A darkness beginning to build within her, a tumultuous raging fury "....Now, you may die. "

    She pointed her blade to the sky, screaming out like an enraged Valkyrie. A surge of terrible crimson light ran through her face and arms cracking it like glass, before instantly reforming her features. Blood ran from her eyes as the blade ignited into a terrible crimson glaive. " SUFFER, AND DIE, SCUM! " The blade fell with a crashing fury, yet never satisfied, she ushered Rhis into a swift goring assault with his massive black crown.

    ( COMBAT)

    Spoiler: INNER DEMON STRIKE
    Show
    Damage to Self (1d6)[3]

    By using the black energies within her as a weapon, the disciple may channel it through his mortal form to do devastating damage to his foes, all the while heedless of the damage inflicted upon his body. This black energy inflicts an additional 4d6 points of profane damage, which also deals 1d6 points of damage to the initiator.


    (Assumed HP of Target from Previous AoO 32/47)

    Naiisif - ATTACK VS VULTURE/DRUID

    (Attack) - (1d20+8)[10]
    (Attack- Murderous Insight (Su) ) - (1d20+8)[28]
    (Critical Confirmation) (1d20+8)[17]
    (Damage) (1d10+7)[9] + (1d8)[4] + (4d6)[11]
    (Critical) (2d10+14)[20] + (1d6)[3] + (1d8)[5] +(4d6)[13] [+Ki Vampirism]

    Spoiler: Readied Immediate Action - Cover
    Show
    Ride Check: Cover (DC15) - (1d20+12)[31]


    Rhis - The Black Horn - ATTACK VS VULTURE/DRUID

    (Attack) (1d20+8)[18]
    (Critical Confirmation) (1d20+8)[18]
    (Damage) (2d6+9)[17]
    (Critical) (4d6+18)[34]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •