New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Tales of the Scarecrow - IC

Spoiler: Milo's searching
    Show

Whilst Milo is searching the old man just sits on the ground and rocks. He doesn't seem to be saying anything either, or if he is it is too quiet for the halfling to hear.

Both of the rooms are bedrooms, the upper contains a large doublebed, and the lower two single beds.

The room with the large double bed has two small dressers one on each side. The dressers are made out of rough wood, and are growing the same black mould of the table int he main room. A young man lies in the doublebed. He has obviously been dead for a while and has been covered up to his chin with a rough woolen blanket. Flys are covering his face, and maggots are pushing their way out of his open mouth and his skin has turned green and is beginning to bubble.

The lower rooms contains only two smaller beds, each with rough straw mattresses and no blankets. Another dead man is in this room, he was a young man with thick red hair. His corpse is more recent than the other, and whilst some flies have gathered around this corpse only smells slightly rank. His wearing a well made leather vest and a fine purple shirt. However he is completely naked from the waist down, and it looks like he has sustained serious injuries to his legs.

[ooc] I am assuming Milo is taking a quick look around and not stopping to examine anything ? [/ooc]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Milo's Further Searching
    Show
    The man covered in flys whose body is rotting and is mostly covered by the blanket other than determining he has been dead for a week or so Milo cannot determine anything more without moving the sheet.

The draws to the dresser have swollen with the damp and the mold and are stuck and do not open easily.

The young man is also a mystery. The cause of dead is a mystery to Milo, however he is pretty sure that that damage to the legs has been done after death.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Milo closes up to the rocking old man (that sounds badass) as much as possible while still invisible. He examines him from little distance for any wounds on his body or any concealed weapons or other items. He also listens carefully to check if the man is saying anything.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Perception:(1d20+10)[15]
    Knowledge Arcana (if Milo hears anything): (1d20+6)[21]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+6)[8]
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage

I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: For Milo
    Show
    Milo doesn't hear the man say anything. Nor does he recognize if a spell is being cast or not.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The small halfling steps outside the farm house, opening and closing the door as carefully as possible just like when he got in. With a snap of his fingers he shakes off the invisibility effect and walks near his companions. Pale and worried, Milo narrates everything he witnessed in that farmhouse of horror, including the dead bodies and the weird man. When he finishes his story he turns to the Black Knight.

"Please don't do anything reckless in there. I have no idea what that man is, what he has or what he can do. I know of no illnesses with such symptoms or any magical effects that can cause someone to act like this. He most probably is insane but we should be careful. I would like all of you to come inside with me since that person is the only source of information we can have from that place, but please let me do the talking and don't slice him with the first opportunity ok?"
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage

I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.