New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Alchemy: Increasing DCs

PEACH

Craft (Alchemy)
    Increasing DCs: When creating an item with the Craft (Alchemy) skill, you may increase the DC of the effect (for example, increase the DC of the Reflex save required to put out the flames of an alchemist fire flask). This requires additional reagents equal to half the cost of the item for every +1 to the DC and increases the DC of the Craft (Alchemy) check by +5 for every +1 to the DC effected.

Thoughts? Mind you this is something I came up with in the last 5 minutes, not a whole lot of thought was put into it. So rip it apart accordingly.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Alchemy: Increasing DCs

Mr. Bumpy goes bump in the night!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Alchemy: Increasing DCs

Well let me be the first to say; I don't think it's game breaking. I do think it fills a necessary niche. And I would like to see something like this implemented into most any sort of game I play or run. As for balance, like I said, I don't think there is any glaring issues. You've made it so it costs more, and you've made it so with the every 5 mark it doesn't get too crazy too easily.

Anyways, hope that helps. Thought I'd show you signs of life. **cough** PEACH? **cough**.
    Last edited by MojoBojangles; 2015-04-09 at 12:16 PM.
    Homebrew
    RacesFeatsPrestige ClassesMagic Items