New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default (PTA) Defiance of the Forgotten: Knights of Hoenn

The waves lapped up against the side of the boat, as it slowly made it's way towards Ever Grande City. A group of Carvahna swam alongside, looking hungrily up at the passengers who dared to poke their heads over the side, and a small flock of Wingull flew overhead. 16 trainers had presented invitations at the docks, and a surprise battle had forced half of that number to head home, leaving only the 8 victors to board. What made it worse was the fact that those fights were televised, and losers were forced to head home early, without ever setting foot on Ever Grande.

The majority of the trainers were now out on deck, chatting away as they slowly sailed onwards. The majority of the press were gathered inside, in the dinning hall, where a luxurious spread had been laid out.

And of course, each of you had your own room, with a bed and bathroom, if not much else. They were surprisingly spartan compared to the rest of the ship.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (PTA) Defiance of the Forgotten: Knights of Hoenn

Catherine sat in her room. She thought about sparring with Striker or one of her other pokemon, but she didn't want to break anything. She was broke, but still had some supplies. She then got up, looked an the mirror, and fixed her hair. She then decided to start exploring the ship.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

It was sunny, fresh, and the ocean was sparkling! There was a nice breeze that blew her dyed red and streaked blue hair out alongside her as she looked back at the mainland. She should be happy, but instead Tiffany felt unusually pensive. She hadn't really expected to make it this far when she got her invitation. She was a coordinator and not a fighting expert or master trainer like some of the other people on board after all. She'd thought she'd just show up, plug Team Neo-Magma, make a good showing and go home. Instead she was on a boat heading to Ever Grande City.

On the one hand, this was great! If she could make such a good showing and spread some good will for her team just in the trial phase, imagine how much good she'd be able to do once they got to Ever Grande! On the other hand though, what would happen if she went even further? Would she have to quit coordinating to take on whatever role they had in mind for her? Maybe it was for the best if it did some good, but at the same time it seemed like she was getting further and further from her roots.

Looking down into the ocean at the Carvahana, Tiffany fiddled with the bow on her pink and lacy faux Neo-Magma uniform. She hadn't even changed from her show clothes yet, she should really head into her room and change into some beachwear. Or at least something a little more casual. Still, she had to wonder if the Carvahana would be happier if ships didn't go by them all the time/

Sensing her pensiveness, the Numel she had released by her side some time ago to sunbathe lazily reared his head and let out a simple Nuuuuu, before rubbing its head against her pants leg. Smiling, Tiffany crouched down and pat him firmly on the head. "It's okay Ruby, I'm fine. You just relax, you did real good work back there!" She gave the pokemon an affectionate wink before continuing. "I never would have gotten this far if it wasn't for you!"

The Numel blushed for a moment, letting out another affectionate Numel before sinking back down and closing its eyes to soak up some rays. Which of course made Tiffany chuckle - Ruby had been a member of Team Neo-Magma before even she was, and he was taking everything in stride. She supposed she should just relax a little.

Alright! Standing back up straight, she nodded a bit to herself while smiling. It was time to make the most of this chance, rather than worrying that it wasn't something she should be doing! There were a lot of high profile trainers and other people on this ship, and if she showed how strong and good Team Neo-Magma was she could make some real headway! But first she should probably change. Right after Ruby had had enough sun of course.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Dressed differently than she was while boarding, in a ratty looking shirt and torn jeans, Zoe is in one of the battle areas, a Mawile in front of her. "Harder, Kogasa!". The Mawile charges forward, slamming it's large jaws into the girl's crossed arms. She gets pushed back a bit, but only a bit. "Again!" Another hit knocks her back onto the ground, but a force of energy bursts forward, knocking the Mawile back as well. She pulls herself up, running towards the downed mon. "Defend!" She sweeps her leg forward towards the Mawile's gut, but it rolls away, spores floating into the air. She sends another pulse, knocking it for a loop. It stays down. "Come on, up. Up!" The Mawile pulls itself to its feet, entering a combative stance.

"That will do for today." The girl dusts off, leaving the training area.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri

Lurking in one corner of the dining room, Sayuri surreptitiously tries to avoid the eye of anyone she recognises from PokeMonthly and all the awkward questions about her press badge that would probably entail. But it's worth it for the free nibbles, and so far the smell coming from Muckles' pokeball has helped keep awkwardness out of a five foot radius.

You get used to the smell after a while, she reflects, tipping some tidbits from the blate in to the waiting jaws of Teddy, who wags his tail so hard his whole back end wobbles. I barely even notice it now. Just wish I could've gotten rid of him before that point,

Not that there was much chance of that; apparently, even by the standards of grimer, Muckles stinks. Which is, of course, why nobody wants him.

Rising, Sayuri makes her way back over to the buffet table for more food, clicking her tongue to call Teddy to heel. Teddy's always been a good boy, but she could do without a scene - even an accidental one - which is why Willow and Ali are safely locked in her room, unless Ali has finally figured out doorknobs and gone out to start some fights.
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

After Zoe gets out of her training, she picks up the tired looking Mawile, carrying Kogasa as she heads over to her room to change to something more decent. As she does, she runs into a rather fit looking girl with a Lucario. "Hey, I saw your fight the other day! Catherine, right?"

Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Catherine nods. She, however, did not know Zoe. She then replies "Yea, I'm Catherine and this is Striker, but you are a bit unfamiliar to me. May I ask your name?"
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"Zoe. Zoe Moranai. I was the one who lamented that trainers weren't allowed to participate in place of one of their team members." She holds up the Mawile, who is curled up in a ball, but otherwise looks rather content against the ragged girl. "Kogasa loved watching your Tyrogue fight. What are you going to evolve him into?"

(OOC note: Tyrogue are male only species)

Show

9. - Top - End - #9

RedKnightGirl

Some time later, Tiffany stood in front of the doors to the dining hall, nervously patting down her new change of clothes. She'd put her hair up, and donned a rather frilly white dress for the occasion. There'd be a lot of people there after all, and it was a pretty high quality function. Even if it wasn't, there was press there and she was a semi-famous coordinator. She had to look her best. Though having Neo-Magma branded across such a white and frilly dress would completely ruin the look, she did have a band with the name in her hair. After all, she had to keep wearing her uniform in some way, right?

Gently resting her hand on the pokeballs hanging from the belt under her dress, she smiled before opening the doors and stepping inside. Well it wasn't quite as high profile as she had maybe expected, but there certainly were a lot of press and people. Come to think of it, she probably wasn't anymore famous than anyone else who'd come to this point now. They all shared the same achievement of making it this far. Everything leading up to it was almost made null by that one achievement.

Making sure to keep a smile on her face, Tiffany gently walked over to the buffet table and began to fill up a plate. She was starving, and it wouldn't really do well for her or Neo-Magma's image if she just went up and talked to the press right away.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hopefully a hitmonchan. I have been training his guard personally."
    Deviant Art account

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"Right, you were the boxer. Silly question to ask. So, you liking the ride so far?" It was now occurring to Zoe that she forgot to go back to her room to change. It can wait.

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I kinda like it. I was hoping to get some food. After that I was going to see if there is a place where I can train with Striker."
    Deviant Art account

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Well Kogasa and I just practiced in an empty battle field, so it shouldn't be too hard to find one. Lot of people are wary of showing off too much, lest other people see their strategies. Should probably get a bite to eat, too."

Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I guess I will head to there afterwards, but only to kill a bit of time. But first, I'm hungry. If you like, we can go together."
    Deviant Art account

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds good." Zoe decides to forgo changing just a little bit longer, her now growling stomach thanking her.

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Catherine heads off to the cafeteria (or whatever it is referred to) with Zoe to get some food.
    Deviant Art account

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri

Sayuri nudges Tiffany slightly, as she hunts through the buffet table for the little tofu thingies that Teddy seems to love so much, and maybe a bowl of salad to sneak back to the cabin for Ali and Willow. Some might consider liberating the free food to be slightly immoral - but for a freelance photographer with hungry pokemon to feed nothing is off-limits. Although Muckles seems quite happy to eat just about anything, including the carpets given half a chance.

"'Scuse me, could you pass the sandwiches please?" she asks in her slow drawl, absent mindedly shoving Teddy's inquiring nose away from Tiffany's leg. She hesitates a moment, then glances inquisitively at Tiffany. "Say, you're one of the trainers, right? How're you findin' things so far?"

She looks at Tiffany again and grins. "I like your dress - where'd you get it from?"

18. - Top - End - #18

RedKnightGirl

Sandwhiches? Oh, right. Tiffany shot a smile at what had to be a reporter, reaching over for the plate of sandwhiches and holding it out for the woman to take. At least she thought she was a reporter. The alternative was a member of staff, and she didn't think one would risk getting in trouble chowing down on the food. ...this food WAS for reporters too, right? It didn't matter too much she supposed.

"Yep, sure amI!" Tiffany replied cheerfully. "It's been a bit of a wild ride honestly. I'm a coordinator more than a battler, so I didn't really expect to make it this far. I guess all that training back when I was active in Team Neo-Magma stuck with me. As for the dress, I make it myself of course," she winked. "I like making clothing and accessories for people and pokemon. Anything to make the world a little prettier is something worth doing in my book."

Something was sniffing at her leg... the girl looked down, before her eyes widened and her face lit up. "Oh wow, what a cute Growlithe! Is it yours?" she asked curiously, getting down on her knees and holding out a hand for the pokemon to sniff.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

As Catherine and Zoe enter the dining hall, they find it quite a spacious affair. There were several large round tables where most of the press were relaxing, already having grabbed a bunch of pictures from the first fight. With them was Jeff, easily the most hated of the trainers in the tournament. He was there, giving some grand speech about how awesome he was, and how he was going to steamroll the rest of you. The guy had an ego, and whoever would take him down was probably going to get the thanks of pretty much everyone.

Other than that, there was Tina, the youngest member, only 13, who was shamelessly flirting with one of the royal knights who was here to lend an official air to the whole proceeding. The guy looked bored out of his mind, but Tina kept yacking on and on and on ....

And of course, next to the food tables they spotted Tiffany, another of the contestants, in a rather impressive white frilly dress, chatting with a member of the press who had her Growlithe out.

A large knight in impressive armour crosses across the dinning hall, and flicks on a TV monitor.

Jeff the Ace Trainer with the massive ego, would fight Zoe the pale Psychic
    Dal the genious Researcher, would fight Catherine the hot blooded Boxer
    Tiffany the bright eyed Coordinator, would fight Tina the youthful Underdog
    Noctis, the Unovan representitive, would fight Violet the Water ace

It seemed the matches would be 2 on 2, and held once the boat docked.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Zoe sighs. Why did she have to fight him? Well, better scope out the competition... She pauses for a moment to try and clean herself up a bit. Had to rush her for food and this is what happens: situation where a bit of clean up would have done her a world of good on making an impression. "Give me a second. Gotta say hi to the competition, after all, make a good impression."

"Hey, Jeff. Loved seeing your fight before. Really, you looked great. Looks like you and I are competing next. Looking forward to it." She formally extends her hand to shake his. "You ready?" At 'ready,' she takes a quick glance at his thoughts, seeing what, if any, mons come up in his mind.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2014-04-21 at 02:19 PM.

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

RedKnightGirl

It had suddenly got a lot more noisy. Frowning a bit in confusion, Tiffany tore her eyes away from the cute pokemon and looked up at the source of the sound. Oh, so those were the matches for when they docked? Interesting! So who was her opponent?

"I guess they paired the two cute trainers up," Tiffany joked with a small laugh when her eyes spied the girl who would have to be her opponent. "Fine by me, it looks like it will be a fun match!" Truth be told though she was still a little nervous... she had faith in her pokemon, but despite her appearance from what she'd heard Tina was an Ace Trainer. And a highly specialized one at that. All her pokemon would be well trained for battle, unlike Tiffany's...

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri

Grinning, Sayuri graciously accepts the plate of sandwiches, and with an expert 'accident' dropps one in to the waiting jaws of the growlithe.

"'Preciated," she says cheerfully, loading up her own plate with the white triangles of bread. "So how come someone as good at clothin' as you ended up in a place like this?" Sayuri gestures around the room in an effort to encapsulate the whole tournament. "I mean, why go for it if co-ordinatin' is more your style - if you don't mind my askin',"

At Tiffany's question about the growlithe, she glances down at Teddy with a mixture of affection and exasperation. "Oh, and he's mine. Can't get rid of the silly thing. He's been followin' me since we were both born. His name's Teddy, and I'm Sayuri, by-the-by,"

As if on cue, Teddy extends and obedient paw to be shaken and Sayuri grins. "Mind you, wouldn't trade him for the world,"

With the announcement of the match-ups, she follows Tiffany's gaze and casually notes the faintly worried expression. Sure, she's no expert trainer, but she can still sooth a few worries away - and, hey, if someone's well-disposed towards her, might get her a bit of work.

"Well, sure looks like an interestin' match-up for you. But I reckon you've maybe got the edge; you've probably been workin' with your pokemon for longer, right? So you know what they'll do, even if you don't go in for the fightin' too much," she pauses for emphasis and then grins. "I'll be rootin' for you, anyway. Always a pleasure to meet someone who thinks there's more to pokemon than just fightin' them all the time,"

23. - Top - End - #23

RedKnightGirl

Oh the Growlithe wanted to shake! Smiling, Tiffany took the paw and shook it, before her other hand went to pat the pokemon proper. "I can really tell you've had him for a while, he's in peak condition," she noted. "Fur could use some grooming, but that's hard to avoid with such a beautiful coat on such an active pokemon," she teased.

"As for why I'm here... well I got the invitation, and thought it would be a good idea to show up as Team Neo-Magma's represenative," she smiled up at the reporter, before reluctantly stopping her petting and standing back up. "It's the same reason I got into coordinating to begin with. That and I like pretty clothes and showing off," she winked. "I didn't really expect to get this far though, I guess I'm stronger than I gave myself credit for."

"Unless she's been working with Pokemon since she was under half my current size I suppose you're right," Tiffany admitted, smiling a bit at Sayuri's concern. "Still, win or lose I got this far, and I don't intend to lose just yet! Oh, and I'm Tiffany by the way. Of course, you already knew that I'm sure," she laughed softly. "It was good talking to you, and I definitely feel the same way!"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayuri

Giving a soft snort at Tiffany's compliment, Sayuri gives Teddy a poke with her foot. "Well, the dozy lump always did prefer a good scratch and a nap to a proper brush," she takes the distraction as an opportunity to snag one of those tentacruel-shaped jelly-things for her plate. And a tofu-thingy for Teddy, of course.

"And of 'course I knew who you were - anyone who made it this far's worth knowin'," she laughs as Tiffany introduces herself. Nope, didn't have a clue - I should probably learn these kids' names at some point.

...Not that that's been too easy, the speed at which things have gotten to this point. But with only these few left, at least she has a sporting chance to keeping track of who's who.

"Well, anyway. Been a pleasure meetin' you - take care out there," she nods, as she heads away from the buffet - plate fully loaded, and a couple of treats hidden in her camera bag - and back towards the tables. "C'mon Teddy,"

As she goes, she makes a mental note to have another talk with the girl if she gets the chance - she's heard a great deal about Neo-magma, some good, some bad, some strange and some utterly unsubstantiated. It'd be kinda interesting to get Tiffany's view on them - not that it's any of her business, but Sayuri's nothing if not nosy.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Catherine noticed Dal wasn't here, so she just waited for Zoe to finish
    Deviant Art account

26. - Top - End - #26

RedKnightGirl

Tiffany smiled as she looked at the reporter - Sayuri, rather - walk away, idly taking a bite of the food from her plate. It was nice to talk to someone from the press who wasn't so pushy. Most of the time they either tried to dig up contravercy by baiting her with the less pleasant Neo-Magma rumors or reduce her to a pretty face. So it was- oh wow this was REALLY good.

Resisting the urge to eat too quickly (it really wouldn't do to have the face of Neo-Magma smeared with sauce), Tiffany scanned the room, trying to get a feel for who else she should talk to. Most of the reporters seemed to be keeping to themselves, likely waiting for the event to start before talking to any of the contestants.

As for the contestants themselves, it looked like she was lucky and her opponent was actually here in the dining hall. On the other hand, maybe she should actually prepare some. The battle was two on two, so she had to work out which two of her pokemon synergized best together. Still, it would be rude to not say hello at the very least, right?

Walking over to the young girl trainer and the bored looking knight, Tiffany put on a smile as she addressed her competition. "Hi, I'm Tiffany! It looks like we're going to be battling once we get to port."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Since the boat had left port Noctis had been walking its length and berth wandering around like a leaf caught on the wind. Eventually though, he had simply given up on his walk and settled to take a quick nap on the deck under the sun with Pristrix using him as a comfy place to bask in the warm rays. Unfortunately his nap was often interrupted with the thoughts of why he was even here. He had been approached to attend the tournament not only as a representative of the Rangers but of Unovan as well, the pressure was definitely on him to look and do good.

Eventually as usual though, both his thoughts and nap were interrupted by his partner who gave him the obligatory hunger look Noctis had come to learn. With a sigh of defeat Noctis placed Pristrix on his shoulders and got up to go walk to the galley were the food was. Who knows perhaps he would see some of the other trainers there and, perhaps catch what the winds would be carrying his way when they reached land.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Tiffany

The little girl looks up from her place, clinging to the arm of the hopelessly bored knight.

'Hello. Teeny Tina looks forward to fighting you, since other than Tina, it seems Tiffany has the cutest dresses. Teeny Tina would totally like some fashion tips after the match is over. But Teeny Tine advises Tiffany not to underestimate her just because of her size. Small is powerful.'

Oh great, she was one of those girls who spoke in third person and used an overly cutesy voice.

Sayuri

As soon as Sayuri takes a seat, a slightly pudgy man comes on over and sits across from her, holding a bottle of wine.

'Hey, you're the PokéMonthly chick, ain't ya? Name's Jerry, columnist, work for Rostrubo Gazette. Seen some of your work, pretty good to be honest.' He offered Sayuri a glass of wine as he poured himself one.

'So think you'll be able to finally snap Princess Elizabeth? Next to no-one has ever gotten a picture or an interview with that shut-in. Even this whole tournament deal seems fishy, not her whole style, y'know? Most of the other guys aren't even trying to get her. They'll either report on the tournament, or otherwise try to fine some information on the whole Princess Anna and the Prince of Unova engagement rumours. They think Little Liz the black sheep of the family isn't worth reporting on.' He waves a hand dismissively at the other members of the press.

Zoe

Jeff seems annoyed that he was interrupted talking about how awesome he was, until he spots it was Zoe who interrupted him. 'Hey. The chick from department store family right? Moranay or something? Look babe, I know you're hot and rich, and you probably want a sexy stud like me to be your trophy husband or something. And while I would love that, old Jeff here has his sights set on the Princess. Once she sees me in action, she's sure to fall for my greatness.' He gives his hair a flick and flashes a glistening white smile. Sure, he might look like a male model, but his face just screamed for a punching.

His thoughts were filled with thoughts of what Zoe might look like under that dress, what kind of panties she would be wearing, and how much she would fawn over Jeff the stud. All of his thoughts seemed to revolve around himself. The one sight Zoe did catch related to his team was a picture of Jeff, standing atop all the other contestants and clutching a massive trophy while his Golett carried him on it's shoulder. So it was safe to assume he at least had a Golett.

'But don't worry. As a consolation prize, I'll make sure you have an awesome battle. You'll never forget the day you lost to Jeff Patricks! You tell your kids, "Yeah, one day, long ago, I battled the Champ back when he was still entering Youth Tournaments". They'll totally dig it!' He shoots Zoe a wink.

Noctis and Catherine

As Noctis made his way to the dinning hall, he passes by Dal and Violet, two other contestants, who were having an argument up on deck. Violet was fishing, and had gotten into a fight with Dal over what the scientific name for a certain fish was, or something like that.

As Noctis enters the dining hall, he bumps into Catherine, quite literally, who was standing at the entrance to the dining hall waiting for Zoe.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

"Moranai, and as wonderful a guy as you likely are, you're not really my type. Sorry, dear. I wish you luck with the princess, though." As the flirting gets stronger, she smirks, irises glowing brighter. Yeah, very much not my type. Most would at least control thoughts like these. Oh well, thanks for the info. I know just the thing to send at your Golett.

And please, never touch me again, unless it's to shake my hand after I kick your smug ass.
    With a smile, she gives a light bow to the press. "See you at the competition!" And back to her companion.

"Okay, I'm going to have to win my fight against that guy. Muking creep."

Show

30. - Top - End - #30

RedKnightGirl

Oh. My. Arceus.

"You are too cute!" Tiffany practically squealed at her direct competitor. "I'd love to chat once this is all through! Though you're wrong on one things - this dress is adorable," she teased, sticking out her tongue slightly. "Though you probably make yours look a lot cuter than I make mine look. I'm a little less cute and a little more... well let's just say I've never gotten an offer from Cute Idol Monthly but gotten plenty of letters from Beach Babe Express," she sighed. "Not that I didn't rock the one issue I appeared in, but still..."

Collecting herself a bit, she smiled at Tina. "Anyway, I'm looking forward to our fight. I'm sure you're really strong. Oh and a little word of advice?" she went on, arching her eyebrow as she looked between her and the knight. "Sometimes it's best to be a little less aggressive. It's just like catching a pokemon - you have to weaken them first," she finished with a wink.