New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

C 1129 See my edits above. I forgot that animate object didn't work on magical items. Doh. The scroll golem in post #59 is mostly updated to 3.5. Still needs construction costs.

I hope this works for you. If not, you can always use the Pathfinder Guardian Scroll instead. See Pathfinder #79: The Half-Dead City pg. 82 (This is probably open content but it's not on the PRD so I don't want to post it).

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-05-18 at 06:52 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 1111

There is on this site a homebrew witcher class. Not sure if this is what you meant or not. but I figured it was worth mentioning. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...415816-Witcher

Debby
    C. 1111

I wasn't looking for a Witcher class, precisely; I was just using it as a reference and point of inspiration. I'm looking for an alchemically-enhanced warrior prestige class, which has extracts and a set of abilities based on monsters. For example, it could have a list of abilities, such as rogue's talents, with for example Troll's Blood which gives them limited fast healing, based on their level.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

R1130

I am looking for marsupials. Specifically kangaroos and wallabies. I know there's something on dndwiki, but well, yeah not useful. Anyone?
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

R 1131

In official WotC 3.5 books, there were a number of dual-school magic spells presented in the PHB2 and Dragon Magic books. They were all really awesome! And a little more powerful and/or versatile than normal one-school spells (probably due to restriction issues like Wizard Specialization preventing the use of a lot of them). Some popular examples of these dual-schoolers are Kelgore's Grave Mist (PHB2 p. 116), Doom Scarabs (PHB2 p. 110), Passage of the Shifting Sands (DM p. 70) and Lord of the Sky (DM p. 69). Even Dragon Magazine #347 (p. 76) had a bunch of these dual-school spells. It seems like the publishing of these type of schools was gaining some traction at WotC. But the demise of 3.5 and the build-up to 4E quashed any progress in us seeing more dual-schoolers.

My Homebrew Request to you Playground Superstars .... is .... would any of you have any additional dual-school spells of this sort to share with us?

I'm primarily looking for up to 6th level spells for my 12th level wizard. But I'd love to see and use any others you may have too!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

C 1131

Perhaps a Transmutation/Necromancy spell that allows you to raise an undead and give it a template.
    DMs only roll dice for the sound they make

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    H1126

These look good?
    Spoiler: Bard spells
    Show

Intensify Performance
    Evocation (Music)
    Level: Bard 4.
    Component: S, V
    Casting Time: 1 standard action.
    Range: Personal.
    Target: You.
    Duration: Special.

You infuse your song with magic weaving the two together so that they become one, the former feeding off of and amplifying the latter.

Any bonuses granted by a bardic performance you begin this round are doubled (a 19th level bard's inspire competence for example would grant a +12 to skill checks) before any other effects which add to their bonuses are applied, however each round of the performance costs 4 rounds of your bardic performance.

Restorative Song
    Conjuration (Healing)
    Level: Bard 1.
    Range: Medium (100-ft + 10-ft/caster level).
    Target: 1 creature under the effects of your bardic music.
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless).
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless).

You weave positive energy through your song, rejuvenating the listener.

When you cast this spell your bardic song becomes restorative, and one creature affected by it becomes healed by its energies. Such a creature regains 1d4 hit points per round that you maintain the song. This is a positive energy effect (thus it does not affect constructs and damages undead).

Ghostly Dirge
    Evocation (Music)
    Level: Bard 4.

Your dirge turns truly spectral, its haunting tones becoming something else, something that stirs the hearts of the fearless and of the dead.

You may only cast this spell while performing a Dirge of Doom. When you cast this spell it changes your Dirge of Doom. Undead and creatures immune to fear within the area of effect of your Dirge of Doom whether allies or enemies gain the benefits of your Inspire Courage performance; this is in addition to the dirge's regular effects. If you stop singing this spell effect ends.

Shadow Performer
    Transmutation Evocation (Music)
    Level: Bard 3.
    Component: M, S, V
    Duration: 1 round/caster level.

Your shadow comes alive, its movements mirroring yours in play but not the song you play now, its voice and music adding to your own in a strange echo.

When you cast this spell it causes your shadow to transform becoming an accompanying singer to you. Whenever you begin a bardic performance or maintain one you may begin or maintain a 2nd. Each bardic performance uses up your daily performances separately. Your shadow cannot perform bardic performances with instruments not in your hands or any performance that is based upon visuals.
    C 1126
    I'm fairly certain Shadow Performance has another counterpart somewhere... Yep, Shadowbard. The same effect that the spell causes exsists in a weaker form in Virtuoso Performance, but worse. Intensify performance just strikes me as a bit too powerful, even for a fourth level spell, but MIGHT be balanced out by the used rounds of Bardic Performance. Restorative Song isn't that bad, but isn't Evocation (Music), but is still fairly decent. Ghostly Dirge is, mechanically, the kinda thing I want- Though I might nerf it a bit, with making it reduce the Inspire Courage bonus. Fluff wise, it would fit in almost every other campaign.

But a small thing- They're supposed to be Wizard spells. Preferably without the range of Personal. Might sound odd, but in the campaign setting, EVERYONE gestalts with bard. Yes, that includes the Monsters. The thing is, Wizards and Clerics and such aren't quite as in touch with the innate music in each person as others are, but Wizards have begun to learn how to manipulate music's sound.
    Basically, Wizards are the Synthesizers in this world. I'll probably hand Clerics the job of Distribution songs and such (Or just leave it to Wizards), that, or be effective Conductors, with a focus on Orchestras and such.

Spoiler: Here, if you want, you can read over what I got on the world so far in terms of Magic types avalable, if you want to know.
    Show
    Core assumptions

Everyone has bardic blood in them. This results in everyone being bard "Lesser Gestalts."

Wordcasting is more common than regular vatican spellcasting.

Information on Magic in this world.
    The magic of Man was harnesse, aons ago- Some say that not even the Gods remember.

In the world, there is Song. However, from Song, we wove into it greater meaning, with the words we spoke. From this, we derived the spells we cast to this day. However, the art of the song has not been forgotten- For there was a great many more to discern and draw upon, beyond the few the ancients learnt long ago. So the Fili learnt and trained, drawing new melodies from their very souls. Crafted and woven, the harmonies they created began to flow into the world anew- Some say even the Gods are drawn upon the harmonies they created. We know that, from their magic, new magic was created- The spells most classes draw upon today.

In this day and age, the Fili are more casual, and more accepting- It was said that the Fili of old could draw upon the might of the Gods.

Divine Magic, however, is said to have dawned with the dawn of faith, rather than the dawn of time- From the moment that those who believed with a burning fire walked the earth, the Divine has walked- Oracles of what they believe. Clerics, however, have only just began to become common, as of about ten thousand years ago.

Necromancy is generally frowned upon, but is somewhat accepted- However, it’s a general rule of thumb that you may only animate corpses that have willingly offered to be resurrected, and then, only with the Undeath word, or that of nonsentient beings. Casting the Undead word on someone who has not forged an arrangement to be animated is an evil act.

Sorcerery dropped into existence about seven thousand years ago- Magic that’s far more random and chaotic than that which most people had seen before in the Fili of old, but far more Rigid in it’s design and creation, and far more specialized. This early casting was somewhat more difficult to use, and was shunned for about a thousand years, until they learned to channel this energy. Some sorcerers have the ability to store music so that they might create more.

Necromancy among Arcane and Divine classes is viewed as slapdash affairs- As such, most simply go and learn the Undead word, rather than use Animate Dead. Animate Dead has a habit of preventing souls from going into the Afterlife, rather than the Undead word, which leaves the souls free to go where they wish.

Clerics are a fairly recent class- However, their strength quickly resulted in them growing in power and prominence- Oracles are far less common than Clerics nowadays.

Pact Magic followed, a utterly alien magic system, drawing upon creatures from beyond the stars. It’s not all that common, but you can probably find a few places that offer training, and there’s a Pact Magic guild in London. To be honest, London is probably one of the few places Pact Magic is really all that frequent.

Wizardry is among the newer casting types- Based upon the tried and true sorcerer spells, and scribing them down onto paper, it’s still treated with relative suspicion- A Wizard is more likely to be run out of town than a Sorcerer or a Fili. They are beginning to grow in popularity, due to early on, their ability to alter their voice to become better than it was before, at the price of making it sound more synthetic. However, as of late, several rising Wizard are beginning to not use their spells to simply improve their voice, but to augment it to create an entirely new genre- Oftentimes called “Techno” for the end results similarity in sound to the electronic devices from Numeria.

Psionics is still a burgoning art- Very much so. Psionics has only recently begun to appear in prominence- While it has existed in the past, it was primarily viewed as the field of Aberrations and the Undead, for those were the ones who bore the most talent in the field.

Also, again, personal continuation tax:
    Spoiler: Mutilate the Dead H 1131
    Show
    Mutilate the Dead
    Transmutation/Necromancy [Evil]
    Level: Cleric/Oracle 5, Wizard/Sorcerer 6
    Component: V, S, M (an onyx gem worth at least 25 gp per Hit Die of the undead)

To some, simply having the dead is naught- No, one must make the dead what you desire.

This spell functions as Animate dead, with the following stipulations:
    You may augment the undead you animate with other corpses: If you have other corpses in the area besides the ones you animate, you can break the corpses apart to mutilate your undead.

You can use up to your caster level in hit dice to mutilate the undead, or twice that in a Desecrate spell. For every 4 hit dice of corpses you use, grant the unread you create one 1 Evolution point to add Extraordinary evolutions from the Eidolon Evolution list.
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2015-05-18 at 09:12 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    C. 1111

I wasn't looking for a Witcher class, precisely; I was just using it as a reference and point of inspiration. I'm looking for an alchemically-enhanced warrior prestige class, which has extracts and a set of abilities based on monsters. For example, it could have a list of abilities, such as rogue's talents, with for example Troll's Blood which gives them limited fast healing, based on their level.
    This? http://worldofere.paradoxomni.net/3E...al_warrior.htm

I have no idea how good it is (or isn't but it came up on a Google search).

I think having a huge list of monster abilities is beyond the scope for this thread. I certainly don't know what you want from each monster. It'd be hard to balance as some monsters have better abilities than others. Also, pulling the wings off pixies to for an extract that allows you to fly is not a nice thing to do.

Are you limiting the monsters in any way such as CR or HD? Do you only gain special abilities?

What prerequisites does this class need? Do you need ranks in Profession (butcher) for example or some kind of specialized knowledge?
    How does the PC know which parts are useful and which parts aren't?

This also means the PC will want to spend time cutting up monsters to make extracts from them (how long should that take? What could possibly go wrong?) Does a bad extract just not work or does something bad happen? Does a failed extract t explode? There are simply too many decisions to make to flesh this out satisfactorily

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-05-18 at 10:41 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Disaster View Post
    R 1131

In official WotC 3.5 books, there were a number of dual-school magic spells presented in the PHB2 and Dragon Magic books. They were all really awesome! And a little more powerful and/or versatile than normal one-school spells (probably due to restriction issues like Wizard Specialization preventing the use of a lot of them). Some popular examples of these dual-schoolers are Kelgore's Grave Mist (PHB2 p. 116), Doom Scarabs (PHB2 p. 110), Passage of the Shifting Sands (DM p. 70) and Lord of the Sky (DM p. 69). Even Dragon Magazine #347 (p. 76) had a bunch of these dual-school spells. It seems like the publishing of these type of schools was gaining some traction at WotC. But the demise of 3.5 and the build-up to 4E quashed any progress in us seeing more dual-schoolers.

My Homebrew Request to you Playground Superstars .... is .... would any of you have any additional dual-school spells of this sort to share with us?

I'm primarily looking for up to 6th level spells for my 12th level wizard. But I'd love to see and use any others you may have too!
    H 1131 Well, here's a handy one I've been tinkering with for a while:

Spoiler
    Show
    Retrace Your Steps
    Divination/Illusion (Phantasm or Figment, see text)
    Level: (Any) 1
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: One willing creature
    Duration: Concentration + 10 minutes
    Saving Throw: None (harmless)
    Spell Resistance: No (harmless)

The target instantly becomes aware of the exact path he took to get from a location of his choosing to the space he occupies at the time of casting. The location must be on the same Plane of existence as the subject. At his option, the path can appear only in his mind as a small map (although this visual aid is purely cosmetic, as he is instinctively aware of his trail for the duration of the spell), or along his route for anyone to see. If the latter option is selected, a line of mist (which can be any color the caster desires, defaulting to blue) roughly the target's size appears along the trail. If the subject flew, the mist similarly hangs in the air. The mist can be clearly seen in the dark or underwater unless magically concealed, but offers no illumination. This spell provides no special knowledge of the path, only the exact route taken. For example, if the target sidestepped a certain part of the floor in an area, the spell would show that he did so, but it would be up to him to explain why.

This spell functions normally even if the trail is magically obscured (such as by False Trail or Pass Without Trace) because the path is taken directly from the subject's memories. However, a subject whose mind has been appropriately tampered with may yield an incomplete or inaccurate route. The target of this spell must Concentrate on it, not the caster (unless the caster is the target).

I'm also thinking of a Necromancy/Illusion (Glamor) spell that creates an undead creature while making it look like something else. Does that already exist somewhere?
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

C. 1111I'm looking for an alchemically-enhanced warrior prestige class, which has extracts and a set of abilities based on monsters. For example, it could have a list of abilities, such as rogue's talents, with for example Troll's Blood which gives them limited fast healing, based on their level.
    C. 1111
    Sans it being a prestige class, you got exactly that:
    • rogues (improved) uncanny dodge,
    • fast healing via Lizard potion,
    • boars ferocity via Boars potion,
    • blindsight via Mole potion

and more.

Making it into a prestige class isn't hard - 7 "dead" levels, so "compressing" it into a 10 level PRC, should be a cakewalk (and you reminded me of a missing entry in its Q&A, thank you).
    Last edited by NevinPL; 2015-05-19 at 05:59 AM.
    If I don't say otherwise, I write as a DM.

Input - helping me along the lines, within boundaries* I've provided.
    Disrupt - other than the above.

My precious:
    Children of Trails (race for Witcher)
    Witcher (base class)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

And another request- R 1132 I'd like for some rules for Aid Another with Bardic Performances. Maybe some more intricate than boosting numeric effects- There's going to be Bardic Performances all around, and I'd LOVE some interesting effects from mixing around Bardic Music.
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2015-05-19 at 07:05 AM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

H 1131

Burning Dispel
    Abjuration Evocation [Fire]
    Level: Wiz/Sor 4

Burning Dispel works just as Dispel Magic, but if it's used to target a creature or dispel a creature's spell it deals 1d6 points of fire damage to that creature per level (Maximum 10d6) and if it's used to target an area it deals 1 point of fire damage per level to each creature in that area. Otherwise, it simply works as dispel magic.

Scourgeflame
    Evocation Necromancy [Fire, Evil]
    Level: Wiz/Sor 6, Cle 5
    Components: V, S, M
    Range: Long (400 ft + 40 ft/level)
    Target: One creature.
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex half
    Spell Resistance: Partial

The Scourgeflame seeks out a target and deals 1d6 points of fire damage per level and 1d4 negative levels. Even on a passed reflex save, at least one negative level is inflicted. The fire damage is negated by successful spell resistance but the negative levels aren't.

Material component: A small amount of lead sulphate.

Dreadcold
    Evocation Necromancy [Cold, Evil]
    Level: Wiz/Sor 6, Cle 5
    Components: V, S, M
    Range: Long (400 ft + 40 ft/level)
    Target: One creature.
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex half
    Spell Resistance: Partial

The Dreadcold seeks out a target and deals 1d6 points of cold damage per level and 1d4 negative levels. Even on a passed reflex save, at least one negative level is inflicted. The cold damage is negated by successful spell resistance but the negative levels aren't.

Material Component: A piece of lead in a bag of water.

Firesight
    Divination Evocation Transmutation [Fire]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 6
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: 1 minute/level
    Saving throw: Reflex partial
    Spell Resistance: No.

Firesight is a powerful spell which, upon casting, causes your eyes to glow aflame. Anyone who steps within your 60 foot cone of vision during the spell who is, due to whatever reason short of physically hiding beyond an object, invisible to you is lit ablaze automatically, and you can choose to light ablaze any other creatures in the area. This burning is nonmagical fire, but any creature lit up by it becomes visible. You can light creatures ablaze as a free action each round, but each creature can only be lit up once by firesight.

Even incorporeal and ethereal creatures are lit up by the fire, in which case it is magical fire but does no more damage than regular fire and can be put out in the same way.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

C 1131

Big props to Jormengand, Debatra and The Vagabond. Those are all outstanding dual-school spells. Thank you very much!

Those will all be added to my gaming group's pool of available spells for the appropriate classes.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xaotiq1 View Post
    R1130

I am looking for marsupials. Specifically kangaroos and wallabies. I know there's something on dndwiki, but well, yeah not useful. Anyone?
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/b...marsupial.html

Just convert to 3.5 if that's what you need.

Debby

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/b...marsupial.html

Just convert to 3.5 if that's what you need.

Debby
    C1130Well shut my mouth! Thank you!
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

R 1133

Hey Homebrew Savants,

I'm looking for something that is probably quite obscure. The Incarnum Spellshaping feat (MoI p. 38) gives the bearer exclusive access to a whole new subset of spells - ones that have the descriptor of [Incarnum]. There's not a lot of spells in the MoI book .... so I'm looking for some homebrew [Incarnum] spells from some of the creative folk here at GitP.

Perhaps you made some [Incarnum] spells or know where I could find some spells like this? Or one of you may have some in your files somewhere?

Due to the idiosyncrasies of our campaign world, a sizable number of spellcasters will have this feat. And I'd like to provide more options for said spellcasters besides the handful that are in MoI. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Miss Disaster; 2015-06-03 at 11:08 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    And another request- R 1132 I'd like for some rules for Aid Another with Bardic Performances. Maybe some more intricate than boosting numeric effects- There's going to be Bardic Performances all around, and I'd LOVE some interesting effects from mixing around Bardic Music.
    Aid Another
    You can help another character achieve success on his or her skill check by making the same kind of skill check in a cooperative effort. If you roll a 10 or higher on your check, the character you are helping gets a +2 bonus to his or her check, as per the rule for favorable conditions. (You can’t take 10 on a skill check to aid another.) In many cases, a character’s help won’t be beneficial, or only a limited number of characters can help at once.

In cases where the skill restricts who can achieve certain results you can't aid another to grant a bonus to a task that your character couldn't achieve alone.
    Bardic Music is a special ability and so by RAW, you cannot use aid another since it only affects skills (and aiding another in combat but that's a different sort of aid another). RAI however I would allow another bard to add his skill check to assist in getting +2 to performance checks in bardic music. It is only the performance check part of the bardic music that is affected. However, both bards have to be able to make the same magical effect. If you want to aid another on Inspire Courage, both bards must be 3rd level or higher with 6 or more ranks in a Perform skill.

Debby

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    H 1132

Something like this

Supporting Chorus [Music]
    You are able to lend your voice to that of another bard's augmenting the effects of their music.
    Prerequisites: Perform (any) 6 ranks, Bardic Music.
    Benefit: When you and another bard both perform the same Bardic Music you may choose to act as a back up singer for the main bard increasing the effects of his music instead of using your own. You must have perform ranks no lower than the other bard's class level to provide support in this manner and must be within 15-ft of the other bard. Only one back-up singer may provide bonuses to a single performance, any beyond the first are wasted.

The effects of this back up performance vary based upon the bardic music ability used.
    Countersong: You provide the lead singer with a +3 bonus on their perform check.
    Fascinate: Add 1/2 the number of targets you could affect (rounded up) to the lead singer's number of targets.
    Inspire Courage: Increase the morale bonus granted by +1 or you may cause the morale bonus to apply to all saves against mind-affecting effects not merely Charm and Fear.
    Inspire Competence: Increase the competence bonus granted by +2.
    Suggestion: Increase the save DC by +2.
    Inspire Greatness: Increase the number of temporary hit dice granted by 1d10 and the competence bonus to attack rolls by +1, or grant a +1 competence bonus to Will and Ref saves.
    Break Enchantment: Increase the lead singer's effective caster level by 2.
    Inspire Heroics: Increase the competence bonus to saving throws and dodge bonus to AC by +2 or grant DR 5/- for the duration.
    Mass Suggestion: Increase the save DC by +2.

Except maybe not as a feat?
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

R1334

Hey guys, I am a bit disappointed in the fact that while there are sorcerer bloodlines for good, all 3 evilz, and chaos.. there is not a single one for Law.

My request is that there be made a Law based sorcerer bloodline :) Please.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    R1334

Hey guys, I am a bit disappointed in the fact that while there are sorcerer bloodlines for good, all 3 evilz, and chaos.. there is not a single one for Law.

My request is that there be made a Law based sorcerer bloodline :) Please.
    H1334

Sure

I was surprised that the core PF bestiary had no lawful (and not good or evil) outsider races... so I decided to go with a theme from 3.5, hope you don't mind too much. You can just as easily swap 'Inevitable' for 'Modron' for a more generic "lawful not good or evil" outsider

Inevitable
    Someone in your bloodline made a contract with an Inevitable, a being of pure reason, and of law and order. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) the contracts made with such beings are as unending as the beings themselves. Your blood is cursed (or perhaps blessed) to carry out the Order of Law for all eternity.
    Class skill: Sense Motive
    Bonus Spells: Protection from Chaos (3rd), Detect Thoughts (5th), Hold Person (7th), Locate Creature (9th), Greater Command (11th), Geas (13th), Forcecage (15th), Power Word Stun (17th), Mass Hold Monster (19th)
    Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell of the enchantment school, increase the DC by 1. If any subject fails its save, you gain a Law bonus to your will saving throw equal to the level of the spell cast until the effect ends or danger has passed, whichever comes first.
    Bloodline Powers:
    Commanding Presence: Starting at 1st level, you may use the spell Command, as the first level Cleric spell, a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier as a spell-like ability. This does count as a spell of the enchantment school for the purpose of your bloodline arcana.
    Eternal Progress: At 3rd level, you gain a +2 Law bonus against spells of the enchantment school, or with the chaotic descriptor, or cast by beings with the chaotic descriptor. You also gain 5 Force resistance. At 9th level, the save bonus increases to +4, and the Force resistance increases to 10. In addition, at 9th level, your Combat Maneuver Defense uses your sorcerer level in place of your BAB (if higher), and your Charisma in place of your Strength or Dexterity (whichever is lower).
    Unstoppable March: At 9th level, you may use Repulsion, as the spell, for a number of rounds per day equal to your Sorcerer level, with one exception. Creatures that are within the field while it is active must also make a save, or be forced to move out of the field at the beginning of their turn. This means both creatures present in the field when activated, and those you move towards that become included in the field while it persists. The rounds you use this need not be consecutive.
    Forced Hand: At 15th level, you may make a special attack a number of times per day equal to 1/2 your sorcerer level, upon an adjacent creature. You gesture at the creature, and attempt to Bull Rush it, with the force of your will. Your CMB for this check is your sorcerer level + your Charisma modifier, and the opponents CMD is their Hit Dice + their Will saving throw bonus. This attack does not provoke attacks of opportunity. You may not move with the subject if you succeed on your check, and any collision the subject makes, be it with an obstacle or another creature, ceases movement and deals 1d6 force damage per 5ft traveled. If the subject fails to defend, and is the same size or smaller than the sorcerer, they are also knocked prone in the square they cease their movement in.
    Fate's Heartbeat: The universe marches ever on, and so shall you. At 20th level, you can no longer die of old age, nor do you take any penalties for aging. You are immune to harmful enchantment effects that can only target humanoids (i.e. charm person, hold person, etc), and your hit points are treated as 100 higher versus Symbol and Power Word spells. You gain a +5 bonus on saves versus death effects. You emit a continuous aura mimicking the effects of a Magic Circle Against Chaos, which you may toggle on and off at will as a free action.

I hope you like it, unsure about balance, but I don't think its too bad. Let me know, enjoy
    Last edited by ShiningStarling; 2015-06-07 at 02:42 AM.

I believe that the darkness reminds us what light can be

My Extended Homebrew Signature

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    H 1132

Something like this

Supporting Chorus [Music]
    You are able to lend your voice to that of another bard's augmenting the effects of their music.
    Prerequisites: Perform (any) 6 ranks, Bardic Music.
    Benefit: When you and another bard both perform the same Bardic Music you may choose to act as a back up singer for the main bard increasing the effects of his music instead of using your own. You must have perform ranks no lower than the other bard's class level to provide support in this manner and must be within 15-ft of the other bard. Only one back-up singer may provide bonuses to a single performance, any beyond the first are wasted.

The effects of this back up performance vary based upon the bardic music ability used.
    Countersong: You provide the lead singer with a +3 bonus on their perform check.
    Fascinate: Add 1/2 the number of targets you could affect (rounded up) to the lead singer's number of targets.
    Inspire Courage: Increase the morale bonus granted by +1 or you may cause the morale bonus to apply to all saves against mind-affecting effects not merely Charm and Fear.
    Inspire Competence: Increase the competence bonus granted by +2.
    Suggestion: Increase the save DC by +2.
    Inspire Greatness: Increase the number of temporary hit dice granted by 1d10 and the competence bonus to attack rolls by +1, or grant a +1 competence bonus to Will and Ref saves.
    Break Enchantment: Increase the lead singer's effective caster level by 2.
    Inspire Heroics: Increase the competence bonus to saving throws and dodge bonus to AC by +2 or grant DR 5/- for the duration.
    Mass Suggestion: Increase the save DC by +2.

Except maybe not as a feat?
    This looks close, but I wanted more... Interesting effects, personally.

Next up!... I need more ideas.
    Primarily- One of the things that affects what most classes do is their instrument- I have the bonuses from Complete Adventurer active with Masterwork Instruments.
    However, here's the thing- Wizards use their own Instrument, called a Wizard's Instrument, which are SPELLS. The issue is- What effect should the spells carry with their Bardic Performance? What about higher-level versions of the spell?
    Spoiler: What I have so far
    Show

A Wizards Instrument:
    School Evocation (Music); Level sorcerer/wizard 0
    Casting Time 1 standard action, or 1 swift action during another's bardic performance.
    Components V, S, F (Metal sheet to store the song in)
    Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Effect one summoned Wizard Instrument
    Duration 1 min/level.
    Saving Throw Will negates [Harmless]; Spell Resistance No
    A Wizard’s instrument is rarely one of the regular form, but rather one focused on altering sound and music- As a result, you may perform an Aid Another bonus while merging your Bardic Performance with your allies bardic performance at half its effective level as a move action. You may shift the effect of a bardic performance to another ally maintaining a bardic performance. Using this can screw around with Bardic Performances- Any Bardic Performance you aid, if it grants a bonus to an attack roll, is turned into bonus electricity damage. If it grants a bonus to skill ranks or such, it grants resist electricity equal to it’s bonus.

A Wizards Instrument II:
    School Evocation (Music); Level sorcerer/wizard 1
    Casting Time 1 standard action, or 1 swift action during another's bardic performance.
    Components V, S, F (Metal sheet to store the song in)
    Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Effect one summoned Wizard Instrument
    Duration 1 min/level.
    Saving Throw Will negates [Harmless]; Spell Resistance No
    As with A Wizard’s Instrument, except now, you may perform a bardic aid another as a swift action. You can choose to grant it either bonus electricity damage, or a Circumstance bonus.
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2015-06-08 at 10:01 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

R1335

In my Pathfinder campaign, drow worship a cephalopod-themed deity, rather than spider-themed, and so I was wondering if one would be willing to convert driders into drids (Droctopus doesn't have the same ring). Basically, an aberration that fills the same roll as driders, just half-drow half-squid/octopus.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2015-06-17 at 01:59 PM.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

22. - Top - End - #82
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

R1336

Anyone got any Pathfinder Witch Hexes with a Lovecraftian/Bloodborne vibe?

To give a bit of context I'm planning a Pathfinder game focusing on four magic schools owned by the same mage guild, with each one focusing on a different style/type of magic. One of them is, to put it simply, something between Miskatonic University and Byrgenworth College, specializing in training Summoners and Witches, or else specialists in Conjuration or Divination magic.

In this setting, Witches mechanically work the same, but flavor-wise their powers are granted to them by eldritch forces discovered by the original owners of the estate the college would later be founded on. This all works fine and dandy for how spells and patronages work (the whole thing of patronage is granted partly by the inquirer's request and partly as an experiment being conducted by the Old Ones- in essence they have an interest in our world like that of a child and his ant farm) but I noticed too many of the Hexes seem to make more sense for folklore witches than they would for the theme I'm going for.

Basically TL;DR I need a few more Hexes that can thematically work with the theme I described so I don't feel like my players have too few options after I ban all the ones about sniffing out children, eating people, and hanging out with hags.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviMancer View Post
    H1334
    Cool new bloodline stuffs!
    C1334 I like it, feel the capstone is a bit much with the extra HP against symbols but that is easily taken care off good job :)

R1337
    I am having a bit o' trouble getting Leylines to work in my campaign without making casters even more broken than they already are.

this is what I have on leyline for my world

Ley lines are channels of immense power that course through the earth itself like creeks, carrying magical currents instead of water. These lines areintersected by a series of anchors, called nodes and form a complex arrangement in which the whole planet is draped.

Leylines are often harnessed for mighty magical purposes, from the creation of Mythals and for the powerful spells created by users of magic. Leylines exist all over the planet, and are sources of deep, powerful, and natural magic.
    I would like some rules on how those with magic can interact with leylines but not make them become an ' I win' button so to speak. Nothing more in depth than a paragraph or tow I think would be sufficient.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

R1135

In my Pathfinder campaign, drow worship a cephalopod-themed deity, rather than spider-themed, and so I was wondering if one would be willing to convert driders into drids (Droctopus doesn't have the same ring). Basically, an aberration that fills the same roll as driders, just half-drow half-squid/octopus.
    H. 1135

Is this supposed to be an aquatic campaign? I've got this http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...96&postcount=1 which could be used as a starting off point.

For drow-like version add/modify the following:

Darkvision: Drow cecaelia can see in the dark up to 120 feet.

Drow Immunities: Drow cecaelia are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial bonus to saves against enchantment spells.

Keen Senses: Drow cecaelia receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.

Spell Resistance: Drow cecaelia possess spell resistance equal to 6 plus their class levels.

Spell-Like Abilities: A drow cecaelia can cast dancing lights, darkness, and faerie fire each once per day, using his total character level as his caster level.

Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds drow cecaelia for 1 round; on subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.

That probably bumps the LA up +1.

Feel free to adjust any of the details to suit your campaign.

Debby

Edited to reflect correct numbering.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-13 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Edited to reflect correct numbering

25. - Top - End - #85

Default Re: Request a Homebrew - R1123

Quote Originally Posted by WunSukong View Post
    R1123

Hello everyone.

I wanted to play a bender-like character in 5e/Next as per the Avatar series and concocted a few class changes to the Warlock in order to do so. However, I would like to see if avoiding "pretend all fire spells are actually ice" is possible.

Could someone help home brew Warlock Spell Lists for Water / Fire / Earth / Air benders?
    I think the Elemental Evil Player's Companion would be key, but I don't really know what spells to choose to keep it balanced. I'm also concerned about, for example, all of a fire benders spells being only fire and suffering from resistant or immune enemies.

Anyone willing to help?
    R1123 : I built this a while ago, see how it strikes you:

Elemental Warlock
    Last edited by Submortimer; 2015-07-10 at 09:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

C1111/C1122
    Sorry to write it, but... Everyone look at 1111, and everyone ignored 1122. That's similar request, just bit more specific. Because of that...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by heros271 View Post
    R 1122

Anyone seen "Witcher" series? Books, (bad) serial, (quite good) videogames and so on?

I wanted to create Witcher class for D&D5e by myself, but it turns out I'm not best on creating content for game I don't even fully comprehend (yet. yet.)

So my request is Witcher. As base class (admit it, making it race + class is bit too much). Partially immune to poisons and diseases, fighting with two-handed swords using Dex. With extremally limited at-will spellset (fire, gust of wind, calm animal, ect, maybe with cooldowns?). Focused at killing (mostly) non-intelligent beings that are dangerous to common people... for price (ok, this one is fluff). Light (leather) armor is nice touch. Oh, yeah, they do alchemy as well. And most people dislike them so basing casting off cha would be bad idea.
    Spoiler: My Games:
    Show
    Wasteland - Slowly going
    Sandblasted - Slooowly going
    Dawn of Worlds - Going (?)
    Yuri meets Pathfinder - Going(?)

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

C1122:

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    The Homebrew Should Be Fairly Small in Scope: Requests should be for homebrew that could be easily contained in one post - asking for a whole new base class or magic system would be a bit too much for this thread. The concept here is really for DMs to request something they expect to use in short order and don't have the time to develop themselves.
    Emphasis mine.

C1334-1337:

You guys skipped fully two hundred numbers. These should be 1134-1137.

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by heros271 View Post
    R 1122

Anyone seen "Witcher" series? Books, (bad) serial, (quite good) videogames and so on?

I wanted to create Witcher class for D&D5e by myself, but it turns out I'm not best on creating content for game I don't even fully comprehend (yet. yet.)

So my request is Witcher. As base class (admit it, making it race + class is bit too much). Partially immune to poisons and diseases, fighting with two-handed swords using Dex. With extremally limited at-will spellset (fire, gust of wind, calm animal, ect, maybe with cooldowns?). Focused at killing (mostly) non-intelligent beings that are dangerous to common people... for price (ok, this one is fluff). Light (leather) armor is nice touch. Oh, yeah, they do alchemy as well. And most people dislike them so basing casting off cha would be bad idea.
    C. 1122

I also made one of these, though the alchemy recipes haven't been finished yet...

The Witcher

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

R. 1138

I would like some Animal Companion Starting Statistics for Pathfinder if anyone can do them.

I'm wanting to simulate the magical beast examples given in the Monstrous Mount feat.

but I would like the Animal Companion Starting Statistics for these five magical beasts:

Pegasus
    Unicorn
    Sea Cat
    Elven Hound (D&D 3.5 book Races of the Wild pg 189)
    Spoiler: Ethyk
    Show
    Ethyk
    Tiny Magical Beast (Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 1d10+3 (8 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 30 ft.
    Armor Class: 16 (+2 size, +2 Dex, +2 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-11
    Attack: Claw +5 melee (1d2-4)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +5 melee (1d2-4) and bite +0 melee (1d3-4)
    Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Induce anger
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 10 ft., low-light vision, scent, uncanny dodge
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 3, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 12
    Skills: Climb +10, Jump +2, Spot +13, Survival +5
    Feats: Ability Focus (induce anger), Weapon Finesse
    Environment: Twin Paradises of Bytopia
    Organization: Solitary or litter (2-4)
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 2-3 HD (Tiny)
    Level Adjustment: -

The creature vaguely resembles a lemur, except for its single, bulbous eye. The eye is yellow-white, with a large black pupil.

An arboreal, omnivorous mammal native to the forests of the Twin Paradises of Bytopia, ethyks possess a unique defense mechanism that increases and redirects the hostilities of any who would harm them. Ethyks spend most of their time in treetops, hunting rodents, birds, snakes, and insects, or gathering fruits and nuts or other edible plants.

Ethyks are prized by trappers for their value in planar marketplaces. They are easily domesticated, and willfully bond with a superior creature. A bonded ethyk never directs the anger it induces in others against its master. Because of their abilities, ethyks have been outlawed in a number of cities on lawful planes.

An ethyk is 1 foot long and weighs 5 to 10 pounds. Fur coloration varies from gray to brown to tawny red.

COMBAT

A wild ethyk generally employs its ability to induce anger at the first opportunity, attempting to turn predators on one another or some other prey, while the ethyk makes its escape. If all else fails, an ethyk defends itself with its relatively weak natural weapons.

Induce Anger (Su): Six times per day, an ethyk can target a single creature within 100 feet and attempt to increase its anger and hostility. The victim must succeed on a DC 13 Will save or have its attitude changed to Unfriendly (unless already Unfriendly or Hostile) toward a random creature (other than the ethyk) within 100 feet. This ability persists for 3d4 rounds. An affected creature must attempt an additional DC 13 Will save each round the ability persists, or attempt to attack the target of its hostility. The affected creature will attack anyone who attempts to restrain it or otherwise prevent it from attacking the subject of its ire. If the victim cannot attack its target, it hurls verbal assaults that are so belligerent that the target's attitude toward the victim will turn hostile. This is a mind-affecting, compulsion effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Skills: An ethyk has a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb and Spot checks. It can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened. An ethyk uses its Dexterity modifier for Climb and Jump checks.

Training an Ethyk

An ethyk can be trained with the Handle Animal skill, and the traininer does not incur the normal +5 increase to DCs for training a magical beast.
    Last edited by Oryan77; 2015-07-13 at 07:39 PM.
    Visit my Downloads section for my D&D 3.5 resources (DM screen, PC & NPC sheets, Reference sheets, etc, etc)

I will buy your unwanted D&D minis collection (DDM & PF Battles only). Email me your asking price!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Please change 1338 to 1138 NEXT number is 1139 Please.

C. 1138

There are no set rules for creating monstrous companions. According to Knights of the Inner Sea pg. 22, a unicorn is Cohort level 8th and a Pegasus is cohort level 6th. Sea Cat is also a cohort level 8. See here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rul...onster-cohorts It appears if a creature can be a cohort, it cannot be a monstrous companion.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-13 at 10:12 PM.