New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

R1139-I'd like a Doll race for 5E. Should be small or tiny sized, and just in general be a small, sentient children's toy.

Thanks in advance to the homebrewers.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

R1140 Just came to me now, I haven't seen 5e homebrew classes/subclasses for ESO's sorcerer, Dragonknight, Templar, and nightblade. they each have their own 3 skill trees. Could anyone get on that it would be much appreciated.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 1138

It appears if a creature can be a cohort, it cannot be a monstrous companion.
    C. 1138

I have the Pathfinder Player Companion: Cohorts & Companions, and on page 9 it talks about creating magical beast cohorts. It has a table that lists both a Hippocampus and a Hippogriff as possible Bestial Cohorts.

The Monstrous Mount feat comes from the Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Combat, and on page 14 it lists both a Hippocampus and a Hippogriff as possible "Animal Companions".

I'm not that skilled with the PF rules, but I didn't see why a creature could not be either a cohort or an animal companion (monstrous mount). Those books seemed to have done it. I have no idea how you would go about creating your own starting package, so I was hoping someone here could figure it out.
    Last edited by Oryan77; 2015-07-14 at 01:07 AM.
    Visit my Downloads section for my D&D 3.5 resources (DM screen, PC & NPC sheets, Reference sheets, etc, etc)

I will buy your unwanted D&D minis collection (DDM & PF Battles only). Email me your asking price!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Oryan77 View Post
    C. 1138

I have the Pathfinder Player Companion: Cohorts & Companions, and on page 9 it talks about creating magical beast cohorts. It has a table that lists both a Hippocampus and a Hippogriff as possible Bestial Cohorts.

The Monstrous Mount feat comes from the Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Combat, and on page 14 it lists both a Hippocampus and a Hippogriff as possible "Animal Companions".

I'm not that skilled with the PF rules, but I didn't see why a creature could not be either a cohort or an animal companion (monstrous mount). Those books seemed to have done it. I have no idea how you would go about creating your own starting package, so I was hoping someone here could figure it out.
    Hmm. I have no clue how they determine starting packages. There aren't any specific rules for this. However, the hippocampus has no magical abilities and neither does a hippogriff.

I'd hazard a guess that magical beasts would probably lose all their magical abilities to become eligible as animal companion (monstrous mounts). That's a lot to lose. For a pegasus, effectively you get a horse with a fly speed. Lose the spell-like abilities for a starting package. A unicorn basically becomes a horse with gore attack. Note that to be eligible the creature's base size has to large enough to carry the rider. An ethyk isn't capable of carrying a rider. Elven hounds are too small to carry elves.

C. 1139

See here: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Karakuri_(5e_Race) and here: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Cursed_Dolls_(3.5e_Race) but you'd have to update it to 5e as well.

C. 1140

From the first post on this thread, "The Homebrew Should Be Fairly Small in Scope: Requests should be for homebrew that could be easily contained in one post - asking for a whole new base class or magic system would be a bit too much for this thread. The concept here is really for DMs to request something they expect to use in short order and don't have the time to develop themselves."

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-14 at 08:39 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm. I have no clue how they determine starting packages. There aren't any specific rules for this. However, the hippocampus has no magical abilities and neither does a hippogriff.

I'd hazard a guess that magical beasts would probably lose all their magical abilities to become eligible as animal companion (monstrous mounts). That's a lot to lose. For a pegasus, effectively you get a horse with a fly speed. Lose the spell-like abilities for a starting package. A unicorn basically becomes a horse with gore attack. Note that to be eligible the creature's base size has to large enough to carry the rider. An ethyk isn't capable of carrying a rider. Elven hounds are too small to carry elves.
    C. 1138

To be honest, I just wanted to provide these creatures as animal companions even if they would not get their abilities until higher levels. Similar to how animal companions gain benefits at 4th or 7th character levels.

I was using the Monstrous Mount feat as a tool to be able to use Magical Beasts as companions since I can't find any other method for a PC to have a magical beast companion. Riding them was not really an objective of mine (I didn't even think about that ).

So this isn't something that can be accomplished in this thread?
    Visit my Downloads section for my D&D 3.5 resources (DM screen, PC & NPC sheets, Reference sheets, etc, etc)

I will buy your unwanted D&D minis collection (DDM & PF Battles only). Email me your asking price!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Oryan77 View Post
    C. 1138

To be honest, I just wanted to provide these creatures as animal companions even if they would not get their abilities until higher levels. Similar to how animal companions gain benefits at 4th or 7th character levels.
    Until the rules for creating monstrous companion starting packages come out, there's no way to judge whether it would be balanced or not. To be on par with the other monstrous companions, they would lose many of their special abilities.

With the Monstrous Companion feat, you gain a unicorn as an 8th level cohort. If you apply the Young Template from Pathfinder, you could probably gain it as a 7th level cohort.

Pegasi are already available as cohorts for 6th level, so if you gave one the Young Template from Pathfinder, you could probably have it as a 5th level cohort.

Here is the Young Template: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...ate-young-cr-1

What's the problem with having these as a cohort?

If you are the DM there are a lot of ways to have the PCs gain the trust of creature. They could save it (or its offspring). What level are the PCs?

Edit: Also, healer class from Miniature's Handbook gives you a unicorn companion at level 8. The Beloved of Valarian Prestige Class gives you a unicorn at first level. See Book of Exalted Deeds.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-17 at 03:51 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Halfling in the Playground

R:1141
    Hi, I would appreciate if someone could build me a template for use on humanoids and fey in a 3.5 game with the following features & abilities:

Spoiler
    Show

- Corporeal undead
    - Charisma Drain ability upon grapple (like a vampires blood drain)
    - Immunity to sonic damage
    - Regeneration when in the vicinity of moral effects
    - Ability to enhance or the moral effects of others (such as those produced by bardic music), including its own
    - Ability to use greater shadow conjuration and greater shadow evocation as supernatural spell like abilities
    - Ability to shriek like a banshee
    - Any other features you think would be thematically appropriate

The head of every noble family in my campaign is a unique corporeal undead, and I wanted something unique and thematically appropriate the head a of a family that are patrons of the arts. For inspiration think of a dementor, mixed with a prima dona opera singer, mixed with one of the banshees from the Fable franchise.

Thanks
    Last edited by nickia; 2015-07-22 at 08:27 PM.
    Thanks to Gurgleflep for bringing my avatar to life.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

R. 1142 I need a 5th edition war hulk subclass archetype path whatever it may be called bonus points for theming it after the band gwar. Should focus on damage and brutality.
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2015-07-23 at 11:25 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

zylodrizzt, your request should be 1142 not 1139 as that was taken by JNAProductions. The next request should be 1143.

H. 1141. I hope this works for you. Let me know what you think.

Undead Diva Template

Undead divas appear much as they did in life, although their jaws can open wider and their teeth are sharper. They often embrace finery and decadence and may assume the guise of nobility.

Creating a Undead Diva

Undead diva is an acquired template that can be added to any Fey, Giant, Humanoid, or Monstrous Humanoid with a Charisma score of at least 12 (referred to hereafter as the “base creature”). It uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type: Size is as base creature. Type becomes Undead and it gains the Augmented Subtype.

Hit Dice: Increase all current and future HD to d12s. Do not recalculate attack bonus, saves, or skill points.

Speed: As base creature.

Armor Class: An undead diva gains its Charisma bonus as a deflection bonus to its AC from Unearthly Grace (see below).

Attacks: As base creature.

Special Attacks: An undead diva retains all special attacks of the base creature and gains the following.

Charisma Drain (Ex): An undead diva can kiss a living victim by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe it, it kisses it, dealing 1d4 points of points of Charisma drain each round the pin is maintained. On each successive round, the Undead diva gains 5 temporary hit points.

Operatic Wail (Su): Once a day as a standard action, an undead diva can use its operatic wail. This ability functions like wail of the banshee spell but it affects any number of creatures within a 60-foot radius of the undead diva. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ the undead diva’s HD + undead diva’s Charisma modifier), negates.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): Once a day as a standard action, an undead diva can cast greater shadow conjuration and greater shadow evocation as a spell-like ability. CL is the same as its HD.

Special Qualities: An undead diva retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains those described below.

Immunity: An undead diva is immune to sonic damage.

Prima Donna (Su): Whenever an undead diva would take a morale penalty from a spell, spell-like or supernatural ability, it instead gains Fast Healing 5 for 1 minute. This does not stack but overlaps.

Sotto Voce (Ex): By singing softly, an undead diva can grant a +1 morale modifier to any bardic performance (including its own) within 30 feet.

Unearthly Grace (Su): An undead diva gains its Charisma modifier as a deflection bonus to its Armor Class.

Abilities: As an Undead creature, an undead diva has no Constitution score. Otherwise as base creature.

Skills: Undead divas have a +8 racial bonus on Perform (sing) checks. Otherwise same as the base creature.

Feats: As base creature.

Environment: Any, usually same as base creature.

Organization: Solitary, pair or company (3-5)

Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +2.

Treasure: Double standard.

Alignment: Always evil (any).

Advancement: By character class.

Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +2.

EDIT: Oops. Sorry Guys but you need a Constitution score to have Regeneration. Changed it to Fast Healing 5.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-24 at 11:36 AM. Reason: fixed formatting

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

zylodrizzt, your request should be 1142 not 1139 as that was taken by JNAProductions. The next request should be 1143.

H. 1141. I hope this works for you. Let me know what you think.
    Spoiler: Template
    Show

Undead Diva Template

Undead divas appear much as they did in life, although their jaws can open wider and their teeth are sharper. They often embrace finery and decadence and may assume the guise of nobility.

Creating a Undead Diva

Undead diva is an acquired template that can be added to any Fey, Giant, Humanoid, or Monstrous Humanoid with a Charisma score of at least 12 (referred to hereafter as the “base creature”). It uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type: Size is as base creature. Type becomes Undead and it gains the Augmented Subtype.

Hit Dice: Increase all current and future HD to d12s. Do not recalculate attack bonus, saves, or skill points.

Speed: As base creature.

Armor Class: An undead diva gains its Charisma bonus as a deflection bonus to its AC from Unearthly Grace (see below).

Attacks: As base creature.

Special Attacks: An undead diva retains all special attacks of the base creature and gains the following.

Charisma Drain (Ex): An undead diva can kiss a living victim by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe it, it kisses it, dealing 1d4 points of points of Charisma drain each round the pin is maintained. On each successive round, the Undead diva gains 5 temporary hit points.

Operatic Wail (Su): Once a day as a standard action, an undead diva can use its operatic wail. This ability functions like wail of the banshee spell but it affects any number of creatures within a 60-foot radius of the undead diva. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ the undead diva’s HD + undead diva’s Charisma modifier), negates.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): Once a day as a standard action, an undead diva can cast greater shadow conjuration and greater shadow evocation as a spell-like ability. CL is the same as its HD.

Special Qualities: An undead diva retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains those described below.

Immunity: An undead diva is immune to sonic damage.

Prima Donna (Su): Whenever an undead diva would take a morale penalty from a spell, spell-like or supernatural ability, it instead gains regeneration 1. This does not stack.

Sotto Voce (Ex): By singing softly, an undead diva can grant a +1 morale modifier to any bardic performance (including its own) within 30 feet.

Unearthly Grace (Su): An undead diva gains its Charisma modifier as a deflection bonus to its Armor Class.

Abilities: As an Undead creature, an undead diva has no Constitution score. Otherwise as base creature.

Skills: Undead divas have a +8 racial bonus on Perform (sing) checks. Otherwise same as the base creature.

Feats: As base creature.

Environment: Any, usually same as base creature.

Organization: Solitary, pair or company (3-5)

Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +2.

Treasure: Double standard.

Alignment: Always evil (any).

Advancement: By character class.

Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +2.

Debby
    This is awesome, and I'm keeping it. May I, as request 1143, ask for a pathfinder psionic version of this?

Secondly- I need a template. Basically, it should be a template that is basically Pherenic+++, and should include some fluff from the Eldritch Tapestry. The creatures from this template should roughly fit into the idea of a nightmare, and should be applicable to any creature, to make it more alien.

GNU Terry Pratchett

11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zylodrizzt View Post
    R. 1142 I need a 5th edition war hulk subclass archetype path whatever it may be called bonus points for theming it after the band gwar. Should focus on damage and brutality.
    C. 1142: Zylodrizzt, see if this does anything for you.
    Last edited by Submortimer; 2015-07-23 at 10:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    This is awesome, and I'm keeping it. May I, as request 1143, ask for a pathfinder psionic version of this?
    Aside from it gaining the Psionic Subtype and swapping out spell-like abilities for psi-like abilities, I'm not sure what else would change.

Secondly- I need a template. Basically, it should be a template that is basically Pherenic+++, and should include some fluff from the Eldritch Tapestry. The creatures from this template should roughly fit into the idea of a nightmare, and should be applicable to any creature, to make it more alien.
    This should be request 1144. Also probably not good for plants, constructs and undead and vermin. Cite books pease as not all of us are familiar with Eldritch Tapestry [Assuming you mean the supernatural ability of the War Weaver in Heroes of Battle]. . Is this also for Pathfinder? Exactly what fluff do you want? I'm not a big fan of mixing class abilities with templates. It should require you to have at least one level in War Weaver. Now if you know of an alternative way to gain this, I'm all ears.

EDIT: I changed the above template since regeneration requires a Constitution score. It's now Fast Healing 5. Note this is true for both 3.5 and Pathfinder.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-24 at 11:41 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

H-hello? Is this thread on? Ah, good. Anyhow:

R1145: I'd like a 5th Edition druid subclass that makes pumping Strength a valid option. Conceptually, it's for Eberron, especially for (Half-)Orcs, since the existing subclasses don't play well with Str-based characters, and the Strength boost feels wasted otherwise.
    When in doubt, homebrew.
    If that doesn't work, use more homebrew.

Need more homebrew? Check out my Extended Homebrewer's Signature!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Colossus in the Playground

C1145

Circle of the Fist!

Strength of the Wilds-At second level when you pick this circle, you may use your Strength modifier in place of your Wisdom modifier for spellcasting.

Channeling Punch-Starting at sixth level, you may channel magic through your fists. When you hit with an unarmed strike, you may channel a spell as a bonus action. The spell must normally require an attack roll, have a single target, and have a casting time of one action. The spell automatically hits.

In addition, your unarmed attacks now deal base 1d4 bludgeoning damage instead of 1.

Nature's Toughness-You gain one additional hit point per Druid level you have. In addition, your unarmed strikes now deal 1d6 damage.

Skin of Ironwood-Beginning at fourteenth level, your unarmed strikes now deal 1d8 damage. In addition, you gain resistance to non-magical bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing damage.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    C1145

Circle of the Fist!

Strength of the Wilds-At second level when you pick this circle, you may use your Strength modifier in place of your Wisdom modifier for spellcasting.

Channeling Punch-Starting at sixth level, you may channel magic through your fists. When you hit with an unarmed strike, you may channel a spell as a bonus action. The spell must normally require an attack roll, have a single target, and have a casting time of one action. The spell automatically hits.

In addition, your unarmed attacks now deal base 1d4 bludgeoning damage instead of 1.

Nature's Toughness-You gain one additional hit point per Druid level you have. In addition, your unarmed strikes now deal 1d6 damage.

Skin of Ironwood-Beginning at fourteenth level, your unarmed strikes now deal 1d8 damage. In addition, you gain resistance to non-magical bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing damage.
    Not sure how much of a fan I am of casting from a physical stat, but otherwise I like it! Makes me think of the old "Fist of the Forest" prestige class.
    When in doubt, homebrew.
    If that doesn't work, use more homebrew.

Need more homebrew? Check out my Extended Homebrewer's Signature!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

R 1146 I need some ideas for a 3rd-level Aura for a 3.5e Paladin variant that focuses more on Law than Good.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

R 1147
    Id like an archetype for the Alchemist that turns them into a mad scientist splicer type deal.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground

R1148-1150

I need the following for a campaign I'm working on:

A spirit pact warlock that fights by capturing spirits and binding them to his body like armor. Had some ideas about a voodoo-curse style ability and a spirit point thing, but I'm not sold on it.

An elemental sorcerer bloodline.

Stat blocks for CR 1/4 Least x Elementals that can be animated with the Animate Elements spell, as well as for CR 0 Minor Spirits of [Spring, Summer, Autumn, Fall] to serve as familiars.

Edit: Fifth Edition
    Last edited by bloodshed343; 2015-08-25 at 01:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

R 1151:

May I have Duct Tape statted out in Pathfinder?

GNU Terry Pratchett

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

C1151 Actual Duct Tape, or a magic item with passing resemblance to, and the myths associated with, it? The former can just cost 1 CP a roll and do, well, what duct tape does.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    C1151 Actual Duct Tape, or a magic item with passing resemblance to, and the myths associated with, it? The former can just cost 1 CP a roll and do, well, what duct tape does.
    Either will do, but with the veraity that Duct Tape can do, I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. Like- Look at this video.

Though, having a magic item that functions like duct tape does in all the myths associated with it would be really awesome.

GNU Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

H1151 Duct Tape, Roll 1CP

Duct tape comes on a roll 180 feet in length and 3 inches wide. Duct tape has only 1 hit point per foot and hardness 10. Slashing weapons bypass its hardness as though the hardness were DR/slashing. Fire damage which doesn't directly destroy duct tape sets it alight: it takes no damage from this (because the 1d6 points of nonmagical fire damage are not enough to bypass its hardness) but is consumed at a rate of 1 foot/hour even if it is only burned in one place (of course, burning both ends will double this time)

Duct tape is very sticky on one side. This side can be used to bind objects together. The duct tape is only sticky enough that light objects can be placed underneath a "Bridge" of duct tape and have the stickiness defeat gravity, and indeed any object large enough to have a listed weight at all can't be held up in this way. However, each piece of duct tape (assuming it is at least 3 inches in each dimension) can actually hold up half a pound of material (smaller - in either dimension - pieces can hold up proportionally less, but longer or, by whatever means, thicker pieces cannot). Therefore, a single roll can potentially create a foot-long bridge that can probably actually be stood on by an unarmoured human. To increase their strength, lengths of tape can be placed alongside each other (as long as the object's weight actually spreads meaningfully to the piece of tape) or they can be overlapped, or even crossed over each other perpendicularly or diagonally.

Duct tape can be used as a restraint. It does not take any check to tear a piece across its length, but to pull it off a surface needs a DC 10 strength check if you can use your hands meaningfully, DC 15 if you can't, but can use your feet (assuming flexible, humanlike feet) meaningfully, DC 20 if you must resort to using your arms or legs meaningfully, and DC 30 if you can't use any of these and are simply trying to struggle off a wall to which your entire body is bound. Duct tape placed over a closed mouth will keep it closed until pulled off (Attempts to open one's mouth and tear it apart require a DC 30 check), but duct tape placed on an open mouth will only prevent actual speech, and mumblings can still be emitted. The former prevents speech, and disallows the speaking of verbal components. The latter allows speech which can be decyphered with a DC 15 listen check for simple words up to a DC 30 check for long sentences. Most verbal components are ruined, but for truespeak uses, there is only a 20% chance of failure (see The Universe Hears Just Fine, Tome of Magic P233). Due to the increased options available to a character who does this, they may wish to take a sleight of mouth hand check (spot opposes) to open their mouth a little.

Duct Tape can be made into any object that one might wish to make out of strips of strong, sticky material. It can be used to patch holes and is essentially waterproof (though if the sticky side makes contact with water, it immediately loses its ability to stick things down). Boats have been created almost entirely of duct tape before, and there is no reason one shouldn't do this. Making armour or shields out of duct tape is possible, but the best you can manage is a light shield or a set of hide-equivalent armour, doing so takes 4 hours, an entire roll, and a DC 10 craft check for the shield and 40 hours, 10 entire rolls, and a DC 30 check for the armour, and even if you do take this monumental task upon yourself, a critical hit scored against you (even if you are immune yourself) will destroy the armour, and any hit deflected solely by virtue of the shield will strike it (While its combined constituents have 180 hit points, it can only take 10 points of damage before the eleventh renders it useless).

While still on its roll, duct tape loses its stick in a matter of years, but if exposed to air, it lasts just 3d6 days. When stuck down to something, after that many weeks (as many as there were days remaining, that is) it will become unable to be stuck to another or even the same object if pulled off. It takes four times that length of time to lose its stick altogether, though. Unless done repeatedly, puttings-on and takings-off don't contribute meaningfully to this.

The roll itself has hardness 10 (which is not ignored in the same way as the tape's) and 10 hit points.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

R#1152

I would like a powerful undead creature called a "Pactborne Master" that requires two preexisting undead to create, both of which must:

• be intelligent
    • be corporeal
    • be able to cast Create Greater Undead as an Arcane spell, with a caster level of at least 21 in the relevant class

One of the two preexisting undead creatures is used in place of a corpse for the purpose of creating this thing; they must be either helpless or willing. The other preexisting undead creature expends thirteen uses (in the form of either prepared spells or spell slots of sufficient level) of Create Greater Undead in a special, highly-complex ritual. In essentially all cases, the ritual is then repeated with the participants switching places, so that they both become Pactborne Masters.

The thing should be really impressive and flashy, but should also legitimately be as strong as it seems at first glance; the sort of thing that makes you reread the statblock multiple times and still be impressed.

C#(all of them) The "important threads" thread still links to page 14 of the previous thread, for some reason.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-09-02 at 01:40 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

24. - Top - End - #114

R1153

Pretty simple one, here. I'm trying to convert the spellcasting base classes of D&D 3.5e to Incarnum, with Wizard and Cleric having majorly shortened and Incarnum-focused spell lists and Ranger and Bard getting shifted to Incarnum. It's the latter part that I'm looking for help on, specifically, I was looking for a Soulmeld version of Bardic Music.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    R#1152
    I would like a powerful undead creature called a "Pactborne Master" that requires two preexisting undead to create.
    C. 1152

Would an undead with this class suffice? See: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...64&postcount=8

This appears to be an epic level creature. CL 21 seems a bit excessive. Create greater undead can be cast by level 15. What CR are you aiming for?

The problem I have with this is the requirement that it requires 2 undead creatures to create. The corpse of an undead creature could be resurrected, so I would suggest that creating this would be an evil act. Did you have any particular creatures in mind?

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-09-07 at 08:02 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

C. 1152
    Would an undead with this class suffice? See: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...64&postcount=8
    No; the name is based on the fact that most beings trying to become one need to trust their partner who is performing the ritual on them a lot, to the point that they often form pacts with one another to, essentially, not make a "mistake" in the ritual and destroy them instead of empowering them. It does not (usually) involve pacts with extra-dimensional forces.

EDIT: Well, besides the one that contains the instructions for the ritual, but there aren't any new ones formed, nor is the old one directly involved.
    This appears to be an epic level creature.
    Indeed. Is there something wrong with that?
    CL 21 seems a bit excessive. Create greater undead can be cast by level 15. What CR are you aiming for?
    I actually wanted a template to be applied to an undead creature that meets the (very heavy) prerequisites (some of which were mentioned in the request, but others can be added if the person making it wants to.) It should have a high CR adjustment, though I'm not sure how high. Anywhere from +5 to +10, I guess.
    The problem I have with this is the requirement that it requires 2 undead creatures to create. The corpse of an undead creature could be resurrected, so I would suggest that creating this would be an evil act. Did you have any particular creatures in mind?
    You seem to be misunderstanding. This doesn't destroy them both, or combine them, or anything like that; it merely requires one powerful (read: Epic) undead spellcaster to be the subject of a ritual (outlined very briefly in the request) that can only be performed by another (equally powerful) undead spellcaster (both typically being liches, though other types are possible.) That said, the ritual is so blasphemous that merely knowing how the details would melt the brain of a living creature out through their ears and tear their soul into several pieces (hence why only another undead can perform it) so heck yes it's an Evil act!
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-09-08 at 02:03 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

27. - Top - End - #117

PaladinGuy

R.1154

5th edition needs inevitables, or other LN outsiders besides the mordons, preferably with a higher CR.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

R.1155
    can any one make D&D equivalent of shadowruns second skinarmor( both 5e and 3.5e)

29. - Top - End - #119

BardGuy

R 1156

Would someone be willing to homebrew a Cleric domain for "The Wild Hunt" that elves, gnomes, or fairies might take if they're supporting the impending return of the most joyous of parties? (The Hunt has four harbingers, and they're basically the four horsemen of the Apocalypse: Life/Death, Feast/Famine, Merriment/War, and Health-Freedom/Pestilence-Conquest. I might like one for each of those people, but I don't think that'd actually be warranted.)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 1152

Gonna pass on this one. I have no idea what the purpose of the ritual is and I don't particularly like making epic creatures. Good luck.