New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

C. 1156

I was keen until you combined the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse with the Wild Hunt. They are not the same.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-09-09 at 11:32 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

C. 1156: You also might want to say which edition you want the domain for.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground

R 1157

Hello! I would like a 3.5 Flame Atronach (Elder scrolls setting). I'm not very sure about the CR, ideally I would like at least a lesser version of it to be summonable so I suppose that restricts it a lot. But let's say CR 5.
    It levitates a few feat over the ground. It is a fire elemental (fire immunity, cold weakness). It's main output of damage is a small firebolt. It deals damage to it's melee attackers aaand, it explodes on death.
    It can probably also attack in melee with claws or something but that's it's last resort.

This is optional but I'm thinking of a melee variant (male atronachs). This one doesn't levitate but throws proper exploding fireballs. In close proximity it conjures fire weapons (shortly before hitting for example). It's Cr should be higher.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

R1158

Hi, I like The School of Transmutation Wizard tradition in 5E D&D, but not Polymorph spells, which the Tradition kind of forces upon me when I reach 10th level. Could I ask for a variant 10th level feature for this wizard Tradition that does not involve Polymorph?

Thank you very much in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    R 1146 I need some ideas for a 3rd-level Aura for a 3.5e Paladin variant that focuses more on Law than Good.
    C. 1146

You might want to look at variant Paladins and also Paladin archetypes from Pathfinder for inspiration, swapping out aura of good for aura of law like a justicar.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

C. 1156

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    C. 1156: You also might want to say which edition you want the domain for.
    Ah! True. My apologies. It's for D&D 3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 1156

I was keen until you combined the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse with the Wild Hunt. They are not the same.
    Yes, this is a matter of contention among the fair folk in my campaign world. The previous time the Wild Hunt moved through the mortal planes, humans associated what was happening with the Four Horsemen and mixed the legends. There's a comparison (four miraculous horse-riding beings who are causing havoc for the mortals), but the actual Four Horsemen will be saved for a much later reveal. The harbingers of the Wild Hunt merely have a number of striking coincidental comparisons.
    Last edited by Afgncaap5; 2015-09-12 at 02:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

C. 1146

You might want to look at variant Paladins and also Paladin archetypes from Pathfinder for inspiration, swapping out aura of good for aura of law like a justicar.
    C 1146 - I said the 3rd-level Aura, like the core Paladin has Courage.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

H156
    Does this work? Focused more on the Wild Hunt itself than the celebrations after so that might be a problem.

Wild Hunt Domain

Domain Power: You gain the Track feat as a bonus feat. Add Survival to your list of Cleric skills.

Domain Spells
    1. Aspect of the WolfSpC
    2. Regal ProcessionSpC
    3. Phantom Steed
    4. Locate Creature
    5. Commune with Nature
    6. Heroes' Feast
    7. Control Weather
    8. Animal Shapes
    9. Storm of Vengeance

Spoiler: Reasoning for spells
    Show
    Aspect of the Wolf and Animal Shapes is there becuase in some versions I've heard the hounds and horses of the Hunt are shapeshifted fay/lost souls/captured people. Regal Procession lets you summon a bunch of horses and I dropped a level because it's not that good. Phantom Steed lets you get a horse that runs on fog and the sky, making it really the steed of the Hunt. Locate Creature helps you find your prey. Commune with Nature tells you about the terrain you're hunting in. Heroes' Feast was because of the celebration aspect since you mentioned it in particular. Control Weather and Storm of Vengeance is because most of the time I've seen the Wild Hunt it gets associated with storms.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 1146
    Sorry I meant courage.

Oathmark could just as easily be swapped for aura of courage. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/pres.../i-m/justiciar

H.1155
    Masterwork outfit then add mage armor and permanency which will give you +4 bonus and costs more than a ring of protection. +32,000 gp for the +4 bonus, and then you add the cost for a masterwork outfit (varies) and the cost of the permanency spell. CL is 9 minimum for the permanency and it's a level 5 spell so 90,000 gp for the spell. It's stupid expensive. You are better off with a ring of protection as it would be cheaper. Note I didn't include the cost of the mage armor spell since that's assumed by the +4 bonus, a savings of 18,000 gp. Also note that this is marginally better armor since it is force and thus blocks incorporeal attacks.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-09-19 at 07:49 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

H156
    Does this work? Focused more on the Wild Hunt itself than the celebrations after so that might be a problem.

Wild Hunt Domain

Domain Power: You gain the Track feat as a bonus feat. Add Survival to your list of Cleric skills.

Domain Spells
    1. Aspect of the WolfSpC
    2. Regal ProcessionSpC
    3. Phantom Steed
    4. Locate Creature
    5. Commune with Nature
    6. Heroes' Feast
    7. Control Weather
    8. Animal Shapes
    9. Storm of Vengeance

Spoiler: Reasoning for spells
    Show
    Aspect of the Wolf and Animal Shapes is there becuase in some versions I've heard the hounds and horses of the Hunt are shapeshifted fay/lost souls/captured people. Regal Procession lets you summon a bunch of horses and I dropped a level because it's not that good. Phantom Steed lets you get a horse that runs on fog and the sky, making it really the steed of the Hunt. Locate Creature helps you find your prey. Commune with Nature tells you about the terrain you're hunting in. Heroes' Feast was because of the celebration aspect since you mentioned it in particular. Control Weather and Storm of Vengeance is because most of the time I've seen the Wild Hunt it gets associated with storms.
    C1156 Awesome! Thanks.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

R1159

I request 3 creatures, well, 3 variants of one creature. The base creature is a little spider robot that I'd estimate is a size tiny? Think Skyrim spider bots with 4 legs. The two variants I'd like are one with a gun on top and one with a siren on top of that.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C.1159 Which edition do you want this for?
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-09-19 at 07:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

R. 1160 I need a 1d100 table for diseases for a 5th-9th level party in the jungle, as well as a 1d100 table for exploration mishaps, and a 1d100 table for lucky events. Basically Oregon trail for 5e D&D. 1 should be low in significance, 100 should be highest. Mechanics not needed, just need something I can work with.
    Last edited by manny2510; 2015-09-16 at 11:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
    R1159

I request 3 creatures, well, 3 variants of one creature. The base creature is a little spider robot that I'd estimate is a size tiny? Think Skyrim spider bots with 4 legs. The two variants I'd like are one with a gun on top and one with a siren on top of that.
    C1159

If you're in 3.5, try the Inventor's Hound Robot:

Hound Robot
    Level: Rob 1
    Invention Points: 4
    Construction time: 1 hour 30 minutes
    Slot: Chassis
    Sustains: Mouth 1, Back 1

This robotic dog is too small to ride, but serves willingly and well. Sometimes, they are created in the forms of other animals, such as cats or even spiders or lizards.

Size/Type: Small construct.
    Hit Dice: 1/2 d10 + 10 (12 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 40 feet (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 14 (+1 dex +2 natural +1 size) touch 12 flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-1
    Attack: Claw +0 melee (1d2-1)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +0 melee (1d2-1)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: None
    Special Qualities: Construct Traits
    Saves: For +0 Ref +1 Will -5
    Abilities: Str 8 Dex 12 Con - Int - Wis 1 Cha 1

You may want to give it a Bite:

Bite
    Invention Points: 1
    Construction time: 20 minutes
    Slot: Mouth
    Sustains: -
    These teeth are strong enough to allow the creature to bite things in combat.

The creature gains a bite as appropriate for its size.

One of the possible additions is a siren:

Siren
    Construction time: 5 minutes
    Slot: Back 1
    This siren makes a loud noise when fired.

The robot can fire the siren to make a loud noise at a volume equivalent to about four hollering humans, and/or a series of light flashes equivalent to a bright but flickering fire, as a swift action. The robot can change whether the machine produces light, sound, neither or both as a swift action.

And you can cheat, and put a Blaster on the other one's back (even though it ought to take up a weapon slot):

Blaster
    Construction time: 20 minutes
    Slot: Weapon
    This part fires blasts of energy at enemies.

The blaster is a ranged piercing weapon that deals 1d4 damage and has a range increment of 20 feet. It never runs out of ammunition.

(Though it will only actually deal 1d3 damage when small - if you want to de-size it to tiny, you'll have to change it a bit more.)
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-09-17 at 11:20 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

R1161

Hey guys, I was just looking over my homebrewed classes for my campaign world and I discovered something. when looking at my Witch Doctor ( I have them all printed out ) I have ZERO abilities past level 10

I am in need of few thematically appropriate abilities. Im looking at maybe 13th, 16th, and a cool capstone at 20th.

Id like them to be level appropriate as well. So no like 1/day 2nd level spell at 14th level for example

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

C1159

Should state that it's for PF

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by spikeof2010 View Post
    C1159
    Should state that it's for PF
    C. 1159

There is already an arachnid robot. See here:
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...robot-arachnid.

Reduce size to Tiny if you want, though I don't really recommend it. Tiny creatures are just too weak because its claw attacks would be 1d2-1.

For the Small robot: Adding a Bite that does 1d2-1 points of damage probably has no effect on the CR. Adding the gun would increase CR to 1. This gives it the ability to shoot a bullet at 30 foot range. This would be the same as the type of firearm used (sized for a Small creature). Add siren (can't be stealthy w/siren). Siren would be like alarm spell as spell-like ability usable at least once a day and possibly 3 times a day if you want. It's not worth adding to CR.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-09-19 at 07:52 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Banned

C1159 My previous suggestion works for PF, too.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

This seems to have gone lost in the filing cabinet:
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    R1158

Hi, I like The School of Transmutation Wizard tradition in 5E D&D, but not Polymorph spells, which the Tradition kind of forces upon me when I reach 10th level. Could I ask for a variant 10th level feature for this wizard Tradition that does not involve Polymorph?

Thank you very much in advance!
    I would be happy with a different sort of boost, or some other body modification in it's place, I just don't want to use Polymorph with my transmuter.
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    This seems to have gone lost in the filing cabinet:

I would be happy with a different sort of boost, or some other body modification in it's place, I just don't want to use Polymorph with my transmuter.
    C1158 Not particularly well versed in 5e but would something like an ability that let you shift your body (as a minor action) to gain advantage on one of Strength (Athletics), Dexterity (Acrobatics), or Dexterity (Stealth) as long as you do not have a concentration spell active function?

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

C1158 Not particularly well versed in 5e but would something like an ability that let you shift your body (as a minor action) to gain advantage on one of Strength (Athletics), Dexterity (Acrobatics), or Dexterity (Stealth) as long as you do not have a concentration spell active function?
    C1158
    I could see that happening, those are valuable skills when you need them. Though I'm not sure if it would need a little more variety. At that level, if it relies on concentration it should be worthy of limiting your concentration, right?
    I do think it's on the right track, though.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-09-19 at 03:22 AM.

My Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 1161

Hex is missing from several levels as well. It should be Hex +2 at 4th level, Hex +3 at 8th level, Hex +4 at 12th level, etc. You should show everything in the chart.

What is a terror effect (from Fear spell)? If this is 5e, I'm not familiar with it.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-09-19 at 07:53 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1161

Hex is missing from several levels as well. It should be Hex +2 at 4th level, Hex +3 at 8th level, Hex +4 at 12th level, etc. You should show everything in the chart.

What is a terror effect (from Fear spell)? If this is 5e, I'm not familiar with it.

Debby

C1161
    A terror effect is rather simple to explain and a carry over from 2nd ed. To sum it up its a Fear that most creatures immune to fear effects still are affected by. Barring such as mindless undead and constructs and other various creatures specifically immune to terror effects.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

R1162

I'd like an Archetype for Druids that let them be able to be an item crafter, with a bit of a nature taste to them. Replace whatever you feel is necessary, just keep the 1st-9th spells in tact.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

R.1163 5th edition spell. I would like a spell similar to mage hand but lasts hours instead of a min. It should still be fairly low level. It should basically allow something that doesn't have any hands to be able to do anything that real hands do maybe with added benefits or allows something with hands do slightly more. I would prefer it stay 1st level.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

R. 1164

I am seeking help with a "Word" domain. The granted power would add Truespeak as a class skill and some other ability like Skill Focus Truepeak, spend X turn attempts to gain +X to truepeak checks involving good or evil outsiders (based on whether you turn or rebuke undead), or maybe a free minor utterance; not sure there.

The spells don't need to involve truenaming, nor should they just be the various Power Word, X spells. That seems lazy to me, but I can't think of anything better. Any help??
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

27. - Top - End - #147
    Banned

H1164

Word Domain

Granted power: Add Bluff (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Perform (Oratory) (Cha), Perform (Sing) (Cha), Truespeak (Int) to the cleric's class skill list.

1st: Charm Person
    2nd: Magic Mouth
    3rd: Tongues
    4th: Warp Truename (ToM)
    5th: Sending
    6th: Suggestion, Mass
    7th: Power Word: Blind
    8th: Power Word: Stun
    9th: Power Word: Kill

Truename Subdomain

Granted Power: Only truespeak is added to the class skill list, but you can spend a turn undead use to use a truespeak check in place on one of the other listed skills.

2nd: Horror of the Spoken Name (ToM)
    3rd: Bane of the Archrival (ToM)
    8th: Ritual of Renaming (ToM)
    9th: Unname (ToM)

Word Archon Subdomain

Granted Power: Only truespeak is added to the class skill list, but you can use a turn undead use to use a truespeak check in place of one of the other listed skills when dealing with outsiders. You can turn devils the same way that you turn undead. You get a +4 bonus on turning checks against logokron devils.

2nd: Horror of the Spoken Name (ToM)
    3rd: Bane of the Archrival (ToM)
    5th: Planar Ally (Word Archons only)
    8th: Ritual of Renaming (ToM)
    9th: Unname (ToM)
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-09-22 at 04:03 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

H. 1164

Might be a little too heavy in the Power Word department but, homebrew from about 8 years ago I choose you, with some updates (partially because it had 4 power word spells, now it has 1):

Word Domain:

Granted Power: You gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. Speak Language is a Cleric class skill for you. Truespeak is a Cleric class skill for you. You gain Skill Focus (Truespeak) as a bonus feat.
    1st: Command
    2nd: True Prayer of the FaithfulToM
    3rd: Suggestion
    4th: True Prayer of the ChosenToM
    5th: Greater Command
    6th: Mass Suggestion
    7th: Word of Balance (SC)/Holy Word/Word of Chaos/Blasphemy/Dictum (as per alignment only TN gets Word of Balance)
    8th: Power Word Stun
    9th: UnnameToM

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

H. 1164

Might be a little too heavy in the Power Word department but, homebrew from about 8 years ago I choose you, with some updates (partially because it had 4 power word spells, now it has 1):

Word Domain:

Granted Power: You gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. Speak Language is a Cleric class skill for you. Truespeak is a Cleric class skill for you. You gain Skill Focus (Truespeak) as a bonus feat.
    1st: Command
    2nd: True Prayer of the FaithfulToM
    3rd: Suggestion
    4th: True Prayer of the ChosenToM
    5th: Greater Command
    6th: Mass Suggestion
    7th: Word of Balance (SC)/Holy Word/Word of Chaos/Blasphemy/Dictum (as per alignment only TN gets Word of Balance)
    8th: Power Word Stun
    9th: UnnameToM
    And thank you, Zaydos! I've got a player who's totally hooked on Tome of Magic right now.
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

30. - Top - End - #150
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xaotiq1 View Post
    And thank you, Zaydos! I've got a player who's totally hooked on Tome of Magic right now.
    I've also just finished my take on it, too, so check that out.