New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I've also just finished my take on it, too, so check that out.
    Oooh. You know, it's his character. I'll get him the details and let him decide. Heck, we might just gestalt these. Thanks Y'all!
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

R1165 You know how LOTR has those orcs with wicked metal plates and prosthetics? I need mechanics behind giving them life from lethal head wounds and evisceration. A normal orc in a workshop should be able to do this with 10 gp in scrap metal, while they may spend as much as 500 gp in scrap to integrate platemail. 5th edition D&D.
    Last edited by manny2510; 2015-09-23 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to add edition

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

R1166

Would anyone mind tackling these three ideas? preferred system is Pathfinder but 3.x works just as well.

Spoiler: Three Spell Ideas
    Show

Animate Spell
    Sor/Wiz 7
    Animate Objects meets Dispel Magic
    Can be used like Dispel Magic to animate spells of any duration as they are being cast.
    Or it can be cast on ongoing magical effects that do not have a Permanent or Instantaneous duration.
    Creates a Construct identical to a Crawling Tattoo except varying size categories like Animate Objects. The new construct's size would be based on the original spell’s Spell Level if used on a spell being cast and based on the size of the effect (or the size of the object or creature that effect occupies) if used on an ongoing spell.
    Just like Animate Objects it can be made permanent with the Permanency spell.
    Ongoing magical effects that are affecting a subject creature or object cease as the magics contained within now have physical form.

Incarnate Spell
    Sor/Wiz 9
    Living Spells meet Incarnate Construct
    Applies the Living Spell template. Works like the above Animate Spell for targeting.

Incarnate Object
    Sor/Wiz 9
    Animate Objects meets Incarnate Construct
    Target: Any one non-magical non-consumable item, object, or mass of material that has been in use by sentient creatures for 100 years or more.
    Duration 1 year
    Turns one nonmagical mundane item, object, or mass of material (as per 3.0 Animate Objects) into a living humanoid person. Much like Incarnate Construct.
    When the duration is up the newly created creature dies.
    Target cannot be a consumable item that is destroyed when it is used up such as food or ink or paint. Though the containers for such items qualify for the spell.

Thanks for your time Homebrewers.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2015-09-23 at 11:54 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

R1167

I hate to seem greedy here; but my efforts on this one have been... unsatisfying to say the least. I'm looking for a 5 or 10 level PrC that plays up the tankier features of the Warlock: DRx/Cold Iron, Fiendish Resilience. Past attempts have included an Edlritch Shield ability that turns EB into a wall or Shield kind of effect, Armored Mage (Medium) and certain blast shape invocations as bonus invocations. Any assistance is greatly appreciated in advance!

C1165

If you have the access, Dungeon Magazine #91 has a "Half-Machine" template that most of what you're looking for.
    Last edited by Xaotiq1; 2015-10-04 at 02:55 PM.
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xaotiq1 View Post
    C1165

If you have the access, Dungeon Magazine #91 has a "Half-Machine" template that most of what you're looking for.
    I needed this for 5e, sorry.
    Last edited by manny2510; 2015-09-23 at 10:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by manny2510 View Post
    I needed this for 5e, sorry.
    isn't there a conversion guide and the morons of the coast I think publish how to convert 3.5 contend to 5 in players handbook or blog text in the main site

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    R1161

Hey guys, I was just looking over my homebrewed classes for my campaign world and I discovered something. when looking at my Witch Doctor ( I have them all printed out ) I have ZERO abilities past level 10

I am in need of few thematically appropriate abilities. Im looking at maybe 13th, 16th, and a cool capstone at 20th.

Id like them to be level appropriate as well. So no like 1/day 2nd level spell at 14th level for example
    C1161 still looking for this.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

H1167

Bloodwarlock

Some warlocks dig deep into their past, and find the beings that first granted them powers. They attach to them, and take on a more martial form.

Prerequisites:
    • Eldritch Blast +3d6
    • At least one Eldritch Essence Invocation
    • Eldritch Glaive Invocation
    • Powers must originate with either demons, devils or eladrin. Must know which it is, match its alignment, and speak its language.

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Invocations Eldritch Blast
    1 0 2 2 2 Eldritch armor +0 +0d6
    2 1 3 3 3 DR 5/cold iron, Essense Specialization +1 +1d6
    3 2 3 3 3 Lesser patron form, Telepathy +1 +1d6
    4 3 4 4 4 Eldritch haft strike, Weaponlike glaive +1 +2d6
    5 3 4 4 4 Partial energy resistance, Increased Invocations +2 +2d6
    6 4 5 5 5 DR 10/cold iron, Summon Ally +2 +3d6
    7 5 5 5 5 Aligned Blast +2 +3d6
    8 6 6 6 6 Greater patron form +3 +4d6
    9 6 6 6 6 Full energy resistance +3 +4d6
    10 7 7 7 7 Increased Invocations +4 +5d6

Hit die: d8
    Skills: 4+int
    Class Skills: Concentration, Knowledge(any), Listen, Search, Spellcraft, Spot, Use Magic Device
    Additional Class Skills if demon-originated: Bluff, Disguise, Hide, Move Silently
    Additional Class Skills if devil-originated: Climb, Diplomacy, Intimidate
    Additional Class Skills if eladrin-originated: Craft (any), Diplomacy, Heal, Sense Motive

Eldritch armor: You can use some of your eldritch energies as armor. Each point used grants a +1 armor bonus to AC but decreases your blast damage by 1 die (to a minimum of 1). Also, so long as you have eldritch armor active, anyone who attacks you in melee (whether they hit or not) suffers the effects of one eldritch essence invocation you know. Changing the armor (either points or essence) is a standard action.

Essense Specialization: When you learn eldritch essence invocations, you learn them one level higher than you normally can (if you can normally learn dark invocations, this has no effect).

Lesser patron form: Once a day you can assume a form resembling your patrons. You gain a generally abyssal/infernal/celestial appearance, Natural Armor +2, and Fast Healing 5. This state lasts for up to 2 minutes.

Telepathy: Always active

Eldritch haft strike: You can use an eldritch glaive to attack creatures adjacent to you (or otherwise too close to attack with a reach weapon normally). When you do this, the damage is halved. This ability qualifies you as "threatening" these squares, for AoOs, flanking and similar abilities.

Weaponlike glaive: Your Eldritch Glaive is treated as a manufactured weapon when this is beneficial to you. For example, you can add your strength bonus to damage and use power attack.

Partial energy resistance: Gain resistances based on your patron:
    • Demon: 10 to electricity; 5 to acid, cold and fire; all effects of poison are halved
    • Devil: 10 to fire; 5 to acid and cold; all effects of poison are halved
    • Eladrin: 10 to acid and cold; 5 to electricity and fire; +2 on saves against poison

Increased Invocations: The level of invocations you can learn increases by one

Summon Ally: Once per day, you can summon a Babau, Kyton or Bralani (as matches your patron). The creature remains for 10 minutes, and serves you as best it can.

Aligned Blast: When using eldritch blast (including as a glaive) against creatures that oppose your alignment on one axis, use d8s instead of d6s. If they oppose on both axes, or on one axis and it's a subtype, use d10s. If they oppose on both axes and it's a subtype, use d12s. (If your patrons are demons, this would be fighting a Brass Dragon, Gold Dragon or Eladrin, and Archon respectively.)

Greater patron form: When you invoke a patron form, the resulting natural armor is +4 and fast healing is 10. In addition, you may take on the exact appearance of any devil, demon or angel* (as appropriate) with no more hit dice than you. This grants you the creature's Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Natural Weapons, and Movement Modes.

* Angel instead of Eladrin so that you can play it with SRD

Full energy resistance:Gain resistances based on your patron:
    • Demon: Immunity to electricity and poison; 10 to acid, cold and fire
    • Devil: Immunity to fire and poison; 10 to acid and cold
    • Eladrin: Immunity to acid and cold; 10 to electricity and fire; +4 on saves against poison

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

R1168

I have the approximate fluff for a monster/NPC, but very little idea how to represent it.

He was a very intelligent troll. Not just smart by troll standards, he was a genius according to anyone he met, including more than a few human wizards. He was also paranoid: he knew that, someday, adventurers from a distant land would hear about a troll living near the nearby town, not knowing that the troll was not at all Evil (note: make this guy Lawful Neutral, please) and would hunt him down. They would hunt him, with fire and acid, and would misinterpret the townsfolk's requests not to attack him as merely warnings that he was powerful. They would continue to hunt him, with fire and acid, and would not stop until he was dead.

To prevent this, he replaced his own bones with an inactive robot, and wired it up so that, should he die, the robot would flee, and, once it was away from the misguided heroes, use a special technique he had learned (and taught the robot) that would allow him to return to life around that robot, good as new. He also had a trigger set up that, should the robot stop functioning, would animate it as if it were a statue, and flee further until it could repair the robot, which would then revive the troll.

EDIT: 3.5, I suppose.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-11-06 at 05:11 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Banned

C1168 We'll need to know what edition we're talking, here.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

R1169 (not for a game)

I'm trying to think of a nice name for a 'unit of magic'. Where unit refers to the thing we call centimeters, seconds and joules. Simply calling it mp or mana is kinda boring...

12. - Top - End - #162
    Banned

H1169: What about the name of the first person in the setting to measure magic, or someone who was famous for magic? Or you could measure it in joules, if it's magical energy. Or even volts, if it's like magical potential difference (There is more magical potential over here than the ambient amount of magical potential?) Or magical field strength in teslas? It depends what aspect of magic you're trying to measure.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

C1169:

Terry Pratchett went with Thaums which I always liked. Exalted goes with motes (of essence) and I think has a smaller more quantum scale value (which might be thaums).
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    H1167

Bloodwarlock

Some warlocks dig deep into their past, and find the beings that first granted them powers. They attach to them, and take on a more martial form.

Prerequisites:
    • Eldritch Blast +3d6
    • At least one Eldritch Essence Invocation
    • Eldritch Glaive Invocation
    • Powers must originate with either demons, devils or eladrin. Must know which it is, match its alignment, and speak its language.

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Invocations Eldritch Blast
    1 0 2 2 2 Eldritch armor +0 +0d6
    2 1 3 3 3 DR 5/cold iron, Essense Specialization +1 +1d6
    3 2 3 3 3 Lesser patron form, Telepathy +1 +1d6
    4 3 4 4 4 Eldritch haft strike, Weaponlike glaive +1 +2d6
    5 3 4 4 4 Partial energy resistance, Increased Invocations +2 +2d6
    6 4 5 5 5 DR 10/cold iron, Summon Ally +2 +3d6
    7 5 5 5 5 Aligned Blast +2 +3d6
    8 6 6 6 6 Greater patron form +3 +4d6
    9 6 6 6 6 Full energy resistance +3 +4d6
    10 7 7 7 7 Increased Invocations +4 +5d6

Hit die: d8
    Skills: 4+int
    Class Skills: Concentration, Knowledge(any), Listen, Search, Spellcraft, Spot, Use Magic Device
    Additional Class Skills if demon-originated: Bluff, Disguise, Hide, Move Silently
    Additional Class Skills if devil-originated: Climb, Diplomacy, Intimidate
    Additional Class Skills if eladrin-originated: Craft (any), Diplomacy, Heal, Sense Motive

Eldritch armor: You can use some of your eldritch energies as armor. Each point used grants a +1 armor bonus to AC but decreases your blast damage by 1 die (to a minimum of 1). Also, so long as you have eldritch armor active, anyone who attacks you in melee (whether they hit or not) suffers the effects of one eldritch essence invocation you know. Changing the armor (either points or essence) is a standard action.

Essense Specialization: When you learn eldritch essence invocations, you learn them one level higher than you normally can (if you can normally learn dark invocations, this has no effect).

Lesser patron form: Once a day you can assume a form resembling your patrons. You gain a generally abyssal/infernal/celestial appearance, Natural Armor +2, and Fast Healing 5. This state lasts for up to 2 minutes.

Telepathy: Always active

Eldritch haft strike: You can use an eldritch glaive to attack creatures adjacent to you (or otherwise too close to attack with a reach weapon normally). When you do this, the damage is halved. This ability qualifies you as "threatening" these squares, for AoOs, flanking and similar abilities.

Weaponlike glaive: Your Eldritch Glaive is treated as a manufactured weapon when this is beneficial to you. For example, you can add your strength bonus to damage and use power attack.

Partial energy resistance: Gain resistances based on your patron:
    • Demon: 10 to electricity; 5 to acid, cold and fire; all effects of poison are halved
    • Devil: 10 to fire; 5 to acid and cold; all effects of poison are halved
    • Eladrin: 10 to acid and cold; 5 to electricity and fire; +2 on saves against poison

Increased Invocations: The level of invocations you can learn increases by one

Summon Ally: Once per day, you can summon a Babau, Kyton or Bralani (as matches your patron). The creature remains for 10 minutes, and serves you as best it can.

Aligned Blast: When using eldritch blast (including as a glaive) against creatures that oppose your alignment on one axis, use d8s instead of d6s. If they oppose on both axes, or on one axis and it's a subtype, use d10s. If they oppose on both axes and it's a subtype, use d12s. (If your patrons are demons, this would be fighting a Brass Dragon, Gold Dragon or Eladrin, and Archon respectively.)

Greater patron form: When you invoke a patron form, the resulting natural armor is +4 and fast healing is 10. In addition, you may take on the exact appearance of any devil, demon or angel* (as appropriate) with no more hit dice than you. This grants you the creature's Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Natural Weapons, and Movement Modes.

* Angel instead of Eladrin so that you can play it with SRD

Full energy resistance:Gain resistances based on your patron:
    • Demon: Immunity to electricity and poison; 10 to acid, cold and fire
    • Devil: Immunity to fire and poison; 10 to acid and cold
    • Eladrin: Immunity to acid and cold; 10 to electricity and fire; +4 on saves against poison
    Thank you! This looks excellent.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

R1170

Hey guys and girls,
    I am trying to create a cavalier specialization for my 3rd fighter fix while coming up with relevant class abilities are somewhat difficult, my biggest issue right now is giving a mount progression.

Well I guess progression is not the term I am looking for, but in short I mean what mounts you can get at certain levels and what effective penalty to your level stronger mounts should get, this is what I have so far, I realize that I do not have any flying mounts so far, but my initial thinking is make them equal to a land based mount +1, so like a hippogriff would be a -3 since to me flying is that much of a game changer.
    Id like some help in rounding out this list, and lettingme know if my numbers are decent so far?
    Light Warhorse | -
    Heavy Warhorse | -
    Warpony | -
    Riding Dog | -
    Monitor Lizard | -
    Dire Weasel | -
    Mule | -
    Dire Badger/Wolverine | -
    Bison | -2
    Bear, black | -2
    Boar | -2
    Dire Boar | -3
    Lion | -3
    Tiger | -4
    Rhinoceros | -6
    Bear, brown | -6
    Dire Lion | -6
    Dire Boar | -6
    Dire Wolf | -6
    Dire Lion | -9
    Elephant | -12
    Dire Bear | -12
    Dire Tiger | -15

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

C1170 Try comparing the Druid's animal companion.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

R1171
    A Cleric archetype that is more specialized on domains and less on combat, in many ways akin to the specialty priests of 2nd Edition AD&D, perhaps by having access to a much smaller base list of spells and having casting mostly made up of domain spells.
    Last edited by JonathonWilder; 2015-12-12 at 05:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Banned

C1171 Gonna need an edition on this.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    C1171 Gonna need an edition on this.
    R1171
    I apologize for forgetting that detail, it would be for Pathfinder.

Edit: Though given how I was asking for a 'Cleric archetype', this should perhaps have been strongly implied.
    Last edited by JonathonWilder; 2015-12-12 at 05:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 1168

So essentially this is a standard troll with metal bones (which would corrode if acid were used on it). Here's my suggestion. This troll should be a troll wizard with a lot more Intelligence than your usual troll so he can cast contingency that sets into motion the resurrection should he die.

This is a troll with access to a LOT of money (making metal bones shouldn't be cheap) and exchanging them with its own bones should be a long and rather painful process). Basically, you are looking at a troll with 11 levels of wizard and Intelligence 16. This is a CR 16 creature.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-12-13 at 12:30 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    C 1161 still looking for this.
    Sorry that I have absolutely nothing for you. When I think of a witch doctor I think of shrunken heads and love potions. Spellcasters don't need extra goodies, they have enough oomph from casting spells. I'd say it's complete as is.

Next request will be R 1172 (in case people were confused).

FYI please read first post in this thread as R tags are for initial requests and everything else is either C or H. It makes it a lot easier to follow the threads when multiple are active.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-12-13 at 01:44 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

R1172

Making a request for a 5th Edition feat. I need help making sure it is balanced to the other feats, and coming up with a good name. Here is the basic idea:

[Feat Name]
    When you take the Disengage action, you may use your Bonus Action to make a melee weapon attack with a finesse weapon you are wielding.
    Last edited by WMO?; 2015-12-16 at 04:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

R1173
    A monster for my Pathfinder game, it is essentially a moving stone statue comparable thematically to a gargoyle, but in a shark's form, it will need a swim speed as such, no flying. it would be nice if it could catch a target with it's jaws as part of a bite, but it's not a deal breaker. The ideal CR would be approximately 5 or 6. If you someone could write a piece on advancement for future tweaking that would be gravy but optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

C1172
    How about the name "Craven"?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-12-17 at 11:42 AM.
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #175
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    R1173
    A monster for my Pathfinder game, it is essentially a moving stone statue comparable thematically to a gargoyle, but in a shark's form, it will need a swim speed as such, no flying. it would be nice if it could catch a target with it's jaws as part of a bite, but it's not a deal breaker. The ideal CR would be approximately 5 or 6. If you someone could write a piece on advancement for future tweaking that would be gravy but optional.
    C173
    I've been toying with templates a lot in PF lately so my apologies if this isn't exactly what you were after.

The Constructed Template applied to a shark could be used to make a golem-like shark. Similarly this Clockwork template would do the same just remove the word clockwork from the text and you're fine.

If you're actually looking for a shark-gargoyle hybrid the Amalgam Template is actually pretty fair and balanced if used correctly. The Amalgam would have a CR appropriate to its abilities and the higher of the two creature's HD.

In a game I ran once I had the players in a flooding room when a shark dropped from the ceiling. Turns out it wasn't a shark but an elaborate trap wherein a Bear Trap had been modified and attached to the front of a floating, shark-shaped buoy which in turn had a mechanized paddle attached to the back. The net effect was a shark-like chomping trap which killed two NPCs before the players could disarm the thing.
    Your request reminded me of that scene so I thought I'd mention it as the trap rules for PF would allow you to design and build whatever shark-thing you'd need for a given situation, so long as that situation required a trap.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Bugbear in the Playground

H1173

This is 3.5. Hope that's close enough.

Sharkgoyle

Size/Type: Large Aberration (earth)
    Hit Dice: 7d8+28 (62 hp)
    Initiative: 6
    Speed: 5 ft (1 squares), swim 60ft
    Armor Class: 15 (-1 size,+2 dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+15
    Attack: bite +10 melee (2d6+6)
    Full Attack: bite +10 melee (2d6+6) and tail slap +5 melee (1d8+3)
    Space/Reach: 10ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: improved grab
    Special Qualities: damage reduction 5/-, freeze, scent
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 23, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 7
    Skills: Listen +9, Spot +9, Swim +14
    Feats: alertness, improved initiative, toughness
    Environment: any
    Organization: solitary
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: standard
    Alignment: usually neutral
    Advancement:
    Level Adjustment: -

Improved Grab
    Free grapple with successful bite attack

Freeze
    As gargoyle

Scent
    In water, to 120 ft

Skills
    A Sharkgoyle has a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks. It can take 10 on swim checks even when rushed or threatened.

Note: Sharkgoyles take water through their gills for the scent ability, but as living stone, they do not need to breathe.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2015-12-19 at 04:54 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

H. 1173

This is for Pathfinder and has the higher CR that you are looking for.

Gargoyle, Sharkacinth CR 5
    CE Large Magical Beast (aquatic)
    XP 1,600
    Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; low-light vision, keen scent, Perception +5

DEFENSE
    AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+1 Dex, +6 natural)
    hp 57 (6d10+24)
    Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +0
    DR 10/magic

OFFENSE
    Swim 60 ft.
    Melee Bite +11 (2d6+6) (grab), tail slap + 11 (1d8+6)

STATISTICS
    Str 23, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 7
    Base Atk +6; CMB +13 (+17 grapple); CMD 14
    Feats Improved Initiative, Skill Focus (swim), Swim-By Attack
    Skills Swim +12, Perception +5, Stealth +9 (+15 in stony areas); Racial Modifiers +2 Stealth (+6 in stony environs)
    Languages Common, Aquan
    SQ freeze

ECOLOGY
    Environment any aquatic
    Organization solitary, pair, or shiver (3–12)
    Treasure standard

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Freeze (Ex) A gargoyle can hold itself so still it appears to be a statue. A gargoyle that uses freeze can take 20 on its Stealth check to hide in plain sight as a stone statue.

I'm not as good with Pathfinder as I am with 3.5 so you should double check this stat block. You can advance this by HD and by size. At 12 HD it could be Huge. Also, here is a link to Swim-By Attack feat: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-pa...swim-by-attack Dspeyer had a good idea of adding a tail slap so I amended this to add that too even though sharks don't have a tail slap.
    Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-12-19 at 10:17 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    H1173

This is 3.5. Hope that's close enough.

Sharkgoyle

Size/Type: Large Aberration (earth)
    Hit Dice: 7d8+28 (62 hp)
    Initiative: 6
    Speed: 5 ft (1 squares), swim 60ft
    Armor Class: 15 (-1 size,+2 dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+15
    Attack: bite +10 melee (2d6+6)
    Full Attack: bite +10 melee (2d6+6) and tail slap +5 melee (1d8+3)
    Space/Reach: 10ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: improved grab
    Special Qualities: damage reduction 5/-, freeze, scent
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 23, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 7
    Skills: Listen +9, Spot +9, Swim +14
    Feats: alertness, improved initiative, toughness
    Environment: any
    Organization: solitary
    Challenge Rating: 5
    Treasure: standard
    Alignment: usually neutral
    Advancement:
    Level Adjustment: -

Improved Grab
    Free grapple with successful bite attack

Freeze
    As gargoyle

Scent
    In water, to 120 ft

Skills
    A Sharkgoyle has a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks. It can take 10 on swim checks even when rushed or threatened.

Note: Sharkgoyles take water through their gills for the scent ability, but as living stone, they do not need to breathe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    H. 1173

This is for Pathfinder and has the higher CR that you are looking for.

Gargoyle, Sharkacinth CR 5
    CE Large Magical Beast (aquatic)
    XP 1,600
    Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; low-light vision, keen scent, Perception +5

DEFENSE
    AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+1 Dex, +6 natural)
    hp 57 (6d10+24)
    Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +0
    DR 10/magic

OFFENSE
    Swim 60 ft.
    Melee Bite +11 (2d6+6) (grab), tail slap + 11 melee (1d8+6)

STATISTICS
    Str 23, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 7
    Base Atk +6; CMB +13 (+17 grapple); CMD 14
    Feats Improved Initiative, Skill Focus (swim), Swim-By Attack
    Skills Swim +12, Perception +5, Stealth +9 (+15 in stony areas); Racial Modifiers +2 Stealth (+6 in stony environs)
    Languages Common, Aquan
    SQ freeze

ECOLOGY
    Environment any aquatic
    Organization solitary, pair, or shiver (3–12)
    Treasure standard

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Freeze (Ex) A gargoyle can hold itself so still it appears to be a statue. A gargoyle that uses freeze can take 20 on its Stealth check to hide in plain sight as a stone statue.

I'm not as good with Pathfinder as I am with 3.5 so you should double check this stat block. You can advance this by HD and by size. At 12 HD it could be Huge. Also, here is a link to Swim-By Attack feat: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-pa...swim-by-attack Dspeyer had a good idea of adding a tail slap so I amended this to add that too even though sharks don't have a tail slap.
    Debby
    C.1173

These are gorgeous! Thank you guys! The 3.5 version is very much a welcome bonus, I can certainly see myself using it for both games now.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-12-19 at 10:21 AM.

My Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

R1174

D&D 3.5 edition

I'd like to have a prestige class for this deity:
    A demigod (male) of absolute successes and great mistakes; fumbles and criticals. Chaotic Neutral. Domains: Chaos, Luck and Destruction.
    It's a recently ascended deity, so nothing much can be told about him. I'd like to have a 5-level or 10-level prestige class for divine classes (must worship that deity) that would concentrate on failing and succeeding. Nothing too powerful, something that could stand among the Core PrCs. Keep it simple, please, it's for simple people. The requirements could be loose or strict.
    Last edited by Dr TPK; 2015-12-21 at 11:20 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Banned

C1174 As usual, we'll need an edition if we're gonna help here. I'd say it should be added to the OP, but J2B hasn't been online in a week.