New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    C1174 As usual, we'll need an edition if we're gonna help here. I'd say it should be added to the OP, but J2B hasn't been online in a week.
    C1174
    Sorry about that! It's 3.5. I'll put it in the request. Sorry!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

C1174

Who should be taking this class? Casters? Scouts? Violent people? Everybody? (That last might be hard).

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    C1174

Who should be taking this class? Casters? Scouts? Violent people? Everybody? (That last might be hard).
    Divine casters.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

H1174: Fortune Breaker

BAB: Medium (as Cleric)
    Good Saves: Will
    Bad Saves: Fortitude & Reflex
    Skill Points: 4 + Int per level
    Skills: As the cleric

Prerequisites:
    • Able to cast divine spells. If they have access to clerical domains, they must have at least two of: Chaos, Luck, Destruction.
    • One of the following:
      • BAB +5
      • Ability to cast 3rd-level divine spells
    • Must revere <God Name Here> as their patron god.

Level Special Spellcasting
    1 Fantastic strike (d4, d6), recognition
    -
    2 Fantastic strike (d8), chaos curation
    -
    3 Fantastic strike (d10, stun), trade spellcasting +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    4 Fantastic strike (d12), <god name>'s dissolution +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    5 Fantastic strike (d20), the greatest stories +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

Proficiencies: A fortune breaker does not gain proficiency with weapon or armor of any kind.

Recognition (Ex):

Fantastic Strike (Ex): The patron god of fortune breaker's gives them the power to devastate their foes.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2015-12-24 at 05:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JonathonWilder View Post
    R1171
    A Cleric archetype for Pathfinder that is more specialized on domains and less on combat, in many ways akin to the specialty priests of 2nd Edition AD&D, perhaps by having access to a much smaller base list of spells and having casting mostly made up of domain spells.
    Still hoping someone might take this on.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    R1161

Hey guys, I was just looking over my homebrewed classes for my campaign world and I discovered something. when looking at my Witch Doctor ( I have them all printed out ) I have ZERO abilities past level 10

I am in need of few thematically appropriate abilities. Im looking at maybe 13th, 16th, and a cool capstone at 20th.

Id like them to be level appropriate as well. So no like 1/day 2nd level spell at 14th level for example
    C1161 still looking for this.

Sorry that I have absolutely nothing for you. When I think of a witch doctor I think of shrunken heads and love potions. Spellcasters don't need extra goodies, they have enough oomph from casting spells. I'd say it's complete as is.

Next request will be R 1172 (in case people were confused).

FYI please read first post in this thread as R tags are for initial requests and everything else is either C or H. It makes it a lot easier to follow the threads when multiple are active.

Debby
    C1161 Its OK debi, I actually finished my Witch Doctor class :)

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    R1170

Hey guys and girls,
    I am trying to create a cavalier specialization for my 3rd fighter fix while coming up with relevant class abilities are somewhat difficult, my biggest issue right now is giving a mount progression.

Well I guess progression is not the term I am looking for, but in short I mean what mounts you can get at certain levels and what effective penalty to your level stronger mounts should get, this is what I have so far, I realize that I do not have any flying mounts so far, but my initial thinking is make them equal to a land based mount +1, so like a hippogriff would be a -3 since to me flying is that much of a game changer.
    Id like some help in rounding out this list, and lettingme know if my numbers are decent so far?
    Light Warhorse | -
    Heavy Warhorse | -
    Warpony | -
    Riding Dog | -
    Monitor Lizard | -
    Dire Weasel | -
    Mule | -
    Dire Badger/Wolverine | -
    Bison | -2
    Bear, black | -2
    Boar | -2
    Dire Boar | -3
    Lion | -3
    Tiger | -4
    Rhinoceros | -6
    Bear, brown | -6
    Dire Lion | -6
    Dire Boar | -6
    Dire Wolf | -6
    Dire Lion | -9
    Elephant | -12
    Dire Bear | -12
    Dire Tiger | -15
    C1170
    Still looking for some advice on this.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

R1175
    simple request for pathfinder can any one make tengu subrace for nyotengu from dead or alive( aka human bodyied tengu with human face)

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, my games will soon start having a sorta homebrew "Boon" system. I do, however, want to see if you all can provide a wider array of boons and maybe a more limited list of boons.

Spoiler: Default Boons I made:
    Show

Default:
    Gain bonus feats as a fighter. In addition, at level 1, 3, and every 4 levels thereafter, you may select a skill, and gain it’s skill unlock (As with the Rogues Edge class feature).

Gunslinging Swashbuckler:
    Gain Grit as the Gunslinger. At level one, and every three levels after, select a gunslinger deed to be able to use. Gain a +3 bonus on Charisma checks when meeting others. At level 2, gain Skill Unlocks for Profession (Pirate). At level 5, gain Gun Training, as the Gunslinger class feature.

Initiator:
    Gain Maneuvers, as listed here, from two disciples of your choice:

Spellcasting Experience:
    Select a 9 or 6 level casting class. Gain the ability to prepare a small quantity of spells from your class, as listed below. If prepared, use the ability below. If spontaneous, select spells as a Medium would. At level 2, 8, and 14, gain a feat with caster levels as a prerequisite, or a Metamagic feat.
    Spoiler: Spell Progression
    Show

Level Spells per Day
    0th 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
    1st 1 — — — —
    2nd 1 — — — —
    3rd 1 — — — —
    4th 1 — — —
    5th 2 1 — — —
    6th 2 1 — — —
    7th 2 1 — —
    8th 2 1 1 — —
    9th 3 2 1 — —
    10th 3 2 1 —
    11th 3 2 1 1 —
    12th 3 2 2 1 —
    13th 4 3 2 1
    14th 4 3 2 1 1
    15th 4 3 2 2 1
    16th 4 3 3 2 1
    17th 5 4 3 2 1
    18th 5 4 3 2 2
    19th 5 4 3 3 2
    20th 5 4 4 3 3

Diviner:
    Select a single 9 level class. Gain the ability to cast spells of the Divination school as if you were that class, using the spell per day progression of the magus. You prepare spells as if you were a member of that class. If spontaneous, you gain the spells per day and

Spherecaster:
    Gain sphere talents at every even level. You are a low caster.

Noncombatant:
    You become a Mid Caster in the Spheres of Power system. You may only select abilities from the Divination and Life spheres. Gain a new talent every time your caster level increases.

Spellcaster:
    Gain a pool of Mana, equal to 3+Spellcasting Mod + 1/2 level. You may use this to cast spells you have prepared without spending spell slots, as with the Spell Recall class feature of the Magus.
    At level 3, and every four levels thereafter, select any feat which has casting as a prerequisite (Craft Item feats, metamagic feats, Spell Focus, Ect). Gain that as a bonus feat.
    The DC for your spells is changed to 1/2 your level plus your spellcasting mod.

And some examples for boons made for various characters.
    Spoiler: The piper of Hamelin
    Show
    Big and small, things that crawl

Small: Lvl 1, Gain a Rat familiar as the wizard ability with the following exception. If the familiar is killed a new can be called after spending 24 hours in grief.

Big:Lvl 1, Gain a dire rat animal companion as the druid ability. If the companion is killed a new can be called after spending 24 hours in grief.

Rat whisperer: Gain the Handle Animal skill unlock, and the Diplomacy skill unlock- But only applicable to rats or ratlike-beings subject to DM's approval. A wererat would be affected but a weasel would not.

Pack rat Every odd level, you may choose either gain an extra Rat familiar, or a bonus feat. The bonus feat can be a Teamwork feat that applies to both you and your rat companions, or a Familiar feat or a feat that the animal companion is eligible to take.

The scratching in the walls
    At 5:th level the rat familiars and dire rat companions gain the ability to merge into a rat swarm when they are adjacent to each other, gaining the collective template with one familiar acting as the imprinting rat. The resulting "creature" is treated as an animal companion with the abilities of the imprinting familiar in regards to tricks known, feats archetypes and similar abilities but is otherwise regarded as one single collective creature. The collective can wear magical items if the component rats have the appropriate feats or appendages for it but the collective is still limited to the standard number and item slots for one creature and the active items are chosen at the time of merging. Unused items are rendered inert until the collective brakes apart again.

If the collective is killed in this form the surviving members scatter and the collective reforms after a week has passed but the process can be accelerated to 24 hours by providing food or similar in bait to a value of 300 gp per master level. This offering is consumed in the process.

At will, the collective can scatter and the rats will regain their individuality and appear in the closest eligible space. Any damage taken by the collective is split evenly over the component creatures.

The piper calls

At 6th level: Gain the Attract Rats bardic performance (And the Bardic Performance class feature, with that as your only performance), as the Animal Speaker archetype. Use Handle Animal in place of a Perform skill.

Spoiler: Nine Tailed Destined
    Show

Kitsune's Guile: Gain the Kitsune's Guile class feature, as the Kitsune Trickster rogue archetype.
    Nine Tailed Destined: Whenever you gain a bonus feat from your class features, you can select Magic Tail in place of that bonus feat.
    Skill Unlock: Gain a Skill Unlock in any skill mentioned in the Kitsune's Guile list.
    Rogue Talents: Gain the Rogue Talent class feature, but you cannot select any rogue talents that modify sneak attack, nor the Combat Trick or Feat rogue talents. Consider Magic Tail a rogue talent for this purpose.
    Kitsune's Charm: Gain the Kitsune Charm class feature, as the class ability of the Kitsune Trickster.
    Magic Tail: At level 5, and every six levels thereafter, gain Magic Tail as a bonus feat. If you have taken magic tail 8 times, then gain a skill unlock.
    Spoiler: Bardic Preparation Boon
    Show
    Alright, I'll have to do a bit more work, but I'll see if I can set it up. as it is, current idea is that you'll have an extra bardic performance at level one. You have a Music Binder, where you learn Bardic Performances from other characters, using a full round action to listen to their performance. You may, later, scribe that bardic performance down later, costing 10*Bard Level to write down. You use the origional's performer level for the Bardic Performance. To perform a performance you've transcribed, your ranks in the perform skill in question must equal the bard level of the Performance.

You may replace any bardic performance you have with a Bardic Performance from your music binder.
    Every even level, you may select a Bardic Performance you have in your performance book. That performance scales with level.

At level 10, you can maintain two bardic performances at once.

What I'd like is for some more boon options, either that are flavorful for Wrath of the Runelords, or just is a fairly nice one.

GNU Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #189

H1174b

Ambitious Mage

Prerequisites:
    • 3rd level divine spells
    • 8 ranks spellcraft
    • Has gotten badly hurt taking on too difficult a challenge

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special CL Modifier Spellcasting
    1 0 0 2 2 Ambitious Casting: Domains d4-2 -
    2 1 0 3 3 Power Blast d6-3 +1 levels of existing divine class
    3 2 1 3 3 Ambitious Metamagic 2x(d4-2) +1 levels of existing divine class
    4 3 1 4 4 Power Enhance 2x(d6-3) +1 levels of existing divine class
    5 3 1 4 4 Ambitious Casting: General 4x(d4-2) +1 levels of existing divine class

Hit die: d6
    Skills: 2+int
    Class Skills: Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Caster Level Modification
    Whenever you cast a spell, your caster level is modified as shown. Note the "x" means multiply, not roll multiple dice.

Ambitious Casting: Domains
    You may attempt to cast a spell from the Chaos, Destruction or Luck domains without preparing it or expending a spell slot, by connecting your mind directly to your god and taking the spell full-formed. This requires a full-round action. Direct contact with a divine mind is dangerous. Make a will save based on the level of the spell. If you succeed, the spell goes forth normally. If you fail, you are stunned for one round and take 2 points of wisdom damage. This damage cannot be healed by magic, but all of it disappears after a night's sleep.

Spell Level Save DC
    0 16
    1 17
    2 18
    3 19
    4 20
    5 22
    6 24
    7 26
    8 28
    9 30

This ability cannot be combined with Moment of Perfect Mind or similar effects.

Power Blast
    When casting a spell that does damage, you may increase the damage by Xd4 where X may be any number from 1 to your caster level. Make a dc 15+X spellcraft check. If you fail, the spell fizzles (the slot and action are both wasted).

Ambitious Metamagic
    You can apply metamagic feats to spells you have already prepared using the same mechanism as Ambitious Casting. This requires a full-round action, and cannot apply to Quicken Spell. Use the save DC for the spell level that would be required. If a ninth level spell slot would not suffice, you cannot use the feat. If you have the feat you are using, subtract 2 from the DC.

Power Enhance
    When casting a spell that provides a numeric bonus, you may increase this by 50%. Make a DC 15 + spell level spellcraft check. If you fail, the spell fizzles.

Ambitious Casting: General
    Like Ambitious Casting, but from the entire cleric list. Add 2 to the save DCs.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2015-12-25 at 01:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190

C1170

I wrote a tool for working with this list.

It looks like the Dire Wolverine is overpowered. The Dire Boar is there twice: -6 looks better. Dire Wolf is suspiciously low CR, but it's stats look suitable for its placement, so leave that alone and blame WotC.

There's not a lot of high-level support for small characters. Deinonychus would fit pretty well at -3. Legendary Wolf would probably be -13 or -14. That still leaves a gap, but I haven't got anything to fill it with.

Megaraptor could go at -9 to match Deinonychus, and also to provide a fast high-level option.

Elephant seems a very limited option -- basically Goliath only, and even that's rules-questionable.

Nothing flies, but I assume that's deliberate. The Dire Wolverine can climb. Maybe throw in ordinary Wolverine (at 0) to give small characters a climbing option.

Those are just some disorganized thoughts.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    C1170

I wrote a tool for working with this list.

It looks like the Dire Wolverine is overpowered. The Dire Boar is there twice: -6 looks better. Dire Wolf is suspiciously low CR, but it's stats look suitable for its placement, so leave that alone and blame WotC.

There's not a lot of high-level support for small characters. Deinonychus would fit pretty well at -3. Legendary Wolf would probably be -13 or -14. That still leaves a gap, but I haven't got anything to fill it with.

Megaraptor could go at -9 to match Deinonychus, and also to provide a fast high-level option.

Elephant seems a very limited option -- basically Goliath only, and even that's rules-questionable.

Nothing flies, but I assume that's deliberate. The Dire Wolverine can climb. Maybe throw in ordinary Wolverine (at 0) to give small characters a climbing option.

Those are just some disorganized thoughts.
    C1170
    It not a dire wolverine, but a regular one. I totally forgot to include a dire wolverine.

Yeah the thing I needed help with mostly is flying mounts, like I mentioned I am thinking a -3 designation for a hippogriff as it has very similar stats to a boar but has flying which I feel is a significant factor.

idk why I had dire boar twice.. unless that first one was supposed to be the dire wolverine.. come to think of it.. I do believe it was.

In regards to what I am looking for in mounts I mostly want to stick to animals and dire version thereof. I am perfectly fine with 'beasts' though to which I define beasts as magical beasts that are not magical, like a hippogriff, worg, Pegasus etc etc.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Adding a request number to my previous one, and a specific request:

R #1176

Quote Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
    Alright, my games will soon start having a sorta homebrew "Boon" system. I do, however, want to see if you all can provide a wider array of boons and maybe a more limited list of boons.

Spoiler: Default Boons I made:
    Show

Default:
    Gain bonus feats as a fighter. In addition, at level 1, 3, and every 4 levels thereafter, you may select a skill, and gain it’s skill unlock (As with the Rogues Edge class feature).

Gunslinging Swashbuckler:
    Gain Grit as the Gunslinger. At level one, and every three levels after, select a gunslinger deed to be able to use. Gain a +3 bonus on Charisma checks when meeting others. At level 2, gain Skill Unlocks for Profession (Pirate). At level 5, gain Gun Training, as the Gunslinger class feature.

Initiator:
    Gain Maneuvers, as listed here, from two disciples of your choice:

Spellcasting Experience:
    Select a 9 or 6 level casting class. Gain the ability to prepare a small quantity of spells from your class, as listed below. If prepared, use the ability below. If spontaneous, select spells as a Medium would. At level 2, 8, and 14, gain a feat with caster levels as a prerequisite, or a Metamagic feat.
    Spoiler: Spell Progression
    Show

Level Spells per Day
    0th 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
    1st 1 — — — —
    2nd 1 — — — —
    3rd 1 — — — —
    4th 1 — — —
    5th 2 1 — — —
    6th 2 1 — — —
    7th 2 1 — —
    8th 2 1 1 — —
    9th 3 2 1 — —
    10th 3 2 1 —
    11th 3 2 1 1 —
    12th 3 2 2 1 —
    13th 4 3 2 1
    14th 4 3 2 1 1
    15th 4 3 2 2 1
    16th 4 3 3 2 1
    17th 5 4 3 2 1
    18th 5 4 3 2 2
    19th 5 4 3 3 2
    20th 5 4 4 3 3

Diviner:
    Select a single 9 level class. Gain the ability to cast spells of the Divination school as if you were that class, using the spell per day progression of the magus. You prepare spells as if you were a member of that class. If spontaneous, you gain the spells per day and

Spherecaster:
    Gain sphere talents at every even level. You are a low caster.

Noncombatant:
    You become a Mid Caster in the Spheres of Power system. You may only select abilities from the Divination and Life spheres. Gain a new talent every time your caster level increases.

Spellcaster:
    Gain a pool of Mana, equal to 3+Spellcasting Mod + 1/2 level. You may use this to cast spells you have prepared without spending spell slots, as with the Spell Recall class feature of the Magus.
    At level 3, and every four levels thereafter, select any feat which has casting as a prerequisite (Craft Item feats, metamagic feats, Spell Focus, Ect). Gain that as a bonus feat.
    The DC for your spells is changed to 1/2 your level plus your spellcasting mod.

And some examples for boons made for various characters.
    Spoiler: The piper of Hamelin
    Show
    Big and small, things that crawl

Small: Lvl 1, Gain a Rat familiar as the wizard ability with the following exception. If the familiar is killed a new can be called after spending 24 hours in grief.

Big:Lvl 1, Gain a dire rat animal companion as the druid ability. If the companion is killed a new can be called after spending 24 hours in grief.

Rat whisperer: Gain the Handle Animal skill unlock, and the Diplomacy skill unlock- But only applicable to rats or ratlike-beings subject to DM's approval. A wererat would be affected but a weasel would not.

Pack rat Every odd level, you may choose either gain an extra Rat familiar, or a bonus feat. The bonus feat can be a Teamwork feat that applies to both you and your rat companions, or a Familiar feat or a feat that the animal companion is eligible to take.

The scratching in the walls
    At 5:th level the rat familiars and dire rat companions gain the ability to merge into a rat swarm when they are adjacent to each other, gaining the collective template with one familiar acting as the imprinting rat. The resulting "creature" is treated as an animal companion with the abilities of the imprinting familiar in regards to tricks known, feats archetypes and similar abilities but is otherwise regarded as one single collective creature. The collective can wear magical items if the component rats have the appropriate feats or appendages for it but the collective is still limited to the standard number and item slots for one creature and the active items are chosen at the time of merging. Unused items are rendered inert until the collective brakes apart again.

If the collective is killed in this form the surviving members scatter and the collective reforms after a week has passed but the process can be accelerated to 24 hours by providing food or similar in bait to a value of 300 gp per master level. This offering is consumed in the process.

At will, the collective can scatter and the rats will regain their individuality and appear in the closest eligible space. Any damage taken by the collective is split evenly over the component creatures.

The piper calls

At 6th level: Gain the Attract Rats bardic performance (And the Bardic Performance class feature, with that as your only performance), as the Animal Speaker archetype. Use Handle Animal in place of a Perform skill.

Spoiler: Nine Tailed Destined
    Show

Kitsune's Guile: Gain the Kitsune's Guile class feature, as the Kitsune Trickster rogue archetype.
    Nine Tailed Destined: Whenever you gain a bonus feat from your class features, you can select Magic Tail in place of that bonus feat.
    Skill Unlock: Gain a Skill Unlock in any skill mentioned in the Kitsune's Guile list.
    Rogue Talents: Gain the Rogue Talent class feature, but you cannot select any rogue talents that modify sneak attack, nor the Combat Trick or Feat rogue talents. Consider Magic Tail a rogue talent for this purpose.
    Kitsune's Charm: Gain the Kitsune Charm class feature, as the class ability of the Kitsune Trickster.
    Magic Tail: At level 5, and every six levels thereafter, gain Magic Tail as a bonus feat. If you have taken magic tail 8 times, then gain a skill unlock.
    Spoiler: Bardic Preparation Boon
    Show
    Alright, I'll have to do a bit more work, but I'll see if I can set it up. as it is, current idea is that you'll have an extra bardic performance at level one. You have a Music Binder, where you learn Bardic Performances from other characters, using a full round action to listen to their performance. You may, later, scribe that bardic performance down later, costing 10*Bard Level to write down. You use the origional's performer level for the Bardic Performance. To perform a performance you've transcribed, your ranks in the perform skill in question must equal the bard level of the Performance.

You may replace any bardic performance you have with a Bardic Performance from your music binder.
    Every even level, you may select a Bardic Performance you have in your performance book. That performance scales with level.

At level 10, you can maintain two bardic performances at once.

What I'd like is for some more boon options, either that are flavorful for Wrath of the Runelords, or just is a fairly nice one.
    Now, for the more specific one:

I'd like for ones that make humans damn near unkillable, or at least far, FAR more durable. Making them invincible shouldn't be the goal, but keeping them from dying should be.
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2016-01-04 at 12:30 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

R1177

I'd like a prestige class and/or template (whatever makes the most sense to you) called "Explorer Beyond Death" that causes anyone with it to be treated as both alive and dead (not undead, regular dead) at all times. Whenever they die, they keep all of their memories, and can choose to treat any plane or layer (within the cosmology they inhabit) as their afterlife, including demiplanes; they appear at a random spot on the chosen plane, demiplane, or planar layer, with the same statistics they had immediately before dying (but with fully restored hit points and all temporary conditions removed) and can leave via either planeshift (or similar magic, including simply walking through Gates and whatnot) or via someone casting Raise Dead (or, again, similar magic.) Both methods work equally well. When raised, they do not suffer the usual level loss. They also no longer age, and are immune to any effect which would prevent planar travel, as well as those that would prevent them from being "returned to life."
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground

C1176

What edition are you looking for?

EDIT: Also, it may make a lot more sense to break those into separate Request numbers. It's going be really confusing to comment on one piece of work and not get it confused with another.
    Last edited by Fast Jimmy; 2016-01-10 at 12:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

C1177

What edition?

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    R1158

Hi, I like The School of Transmutation Wizard tradition in 5E D&D, but not Polymorph spells, which the Tradition kind of forces upon me when I reach 10th level. Could I ask for a variant 10th level feature for this wizard Tradition that does not involve Polymorph?

Thank you very much in advance!
    H1158

I know this is late, but I wanted to give a stab at this. Since nearly all the other features of the School revolved around the Transmuter's Stone, I thought it would make sense to build out that aspect (and even include a backdoor into the original Polymorph feature).

Adept Transmuter
    Starting at 10th Level, you can now add one of the below secondary effects when you create your Transmuter's Stone. You can assign the Stone's primary effects to any creature, but these effects can only benefit you and only if the stone is possessed by you:

• You can cast Polymorph without consuming a spell slot, even if the spell is not in your spellbook. You must complete a short or long rest before you can use this feature again.
    • You can cast Stoneskin without consuming a spell slot, even if the spell is not in your spellbook. You must complete a short or long rest before you can use this feature again.
    • You gain the ability of Waterbreathing
    • You gain the ability to Hover at a move speed of 50 feet for a duration of one hour. You must complete a Long Rest before you can use this feature again.

Each time you cast a Transmutation spell of 3rd level or higher, you can change the secondary effect of your stone if it is on your person.

If you're still interested, let me know your thoughts.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Jimmy View Post
    C1177

What edition?
    3.5, please.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

C1176
    What edition are you looking for?
    EDIT: Also, it may make a lot more sense to break those into separate Request numbers. It's going be really confusing to comment on one piece of work and not get it confused with another.
    Pathfinder, my apologies- Thought the contents of them explained it.

As for the contents, for the most part, they're one and the same, only slightly more specialized. One calls for Boons based on Wrath of the Runelords or whatever other boons you can think of. I'm just adding to the previous whatever that boons that permit people to survive longer (If not necessarily remain useful).

As it is, I forgot to add a number to the previous one, so just folding the two together seemed like the right call at the time.

GNU Terry Pratchett

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

I want a homebrew animal companion for a ranger in my (Pathfinder)campaign. His name is Mar and if you've played the Jak & Daxter games you probably know where I'm going with this. I'd like to see what kind of animal and what kind of stats a large daxter would have. He'd probably be in his Dark form if he wants to be useful though. Maybe specialising in grappling?
    Last edited by Hogsy; 2016-01-26 at 09:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Colossus in the Playground

R1178-Can anyone make a Barbarian Primal Path that lets them wildshape into wolves (any animal is okay, but specifically wolves) for 5E? Thank you all very much!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    R1178-Can anyone make a Barbarian Primal Path that lets them wildshape into wolves (any animal is okay, but specifically wolves) for 5E? Thank you all very much!
    H1178

Path of the Moonstrider

Your rage taps into primal energy so potent it alters your form.

Wolf Form- at 3rd level, you gain the ability to assume the form of a wolf while raging. Whenever you rage, in addition to your normal rage effects, you may also choose to Wild Shape as the druid class feature, with the following changes:
    - you may only assume the form of a wolf
    - you revert to human form when your rage ends
    - you cannot choose to revert to your natural form while raging.
    if you revert to your natural form by dropping to 0 hp, you may continue to rage as normal, but you do not shift back into wolf form until the next time you enter a rage.

Improved Wolf Form - starting at 6th level, your wolf form gains additional strength. You gain +1 on attack rolls while in wolf form, and a additional Hp equal to twice your barbarian level

DireWolf Form - starting at 10th level, you may now assume the form of a Dire Wolf.
    Additionally, your attack bonus increases to +2 and you may now add your constitution modifier to your AC while in wolf form (similar to the barbarian's unarmored AC ability).

Winter Wolf Form - starting at 14th level, you may now assume the form of a Winter Wolf.
    Additionally, your attack bonus increases to +3 and you deliver a critical strike on a 19 or 20.
    If you reach barbarian level 20, you also apply the strength and constitution bonus to your wolf form.

I'll add some comments to this later, but this should do fine.
    Custom avatar by me - based on my Half-Orc Eldritch Knight, Keth d'Lordran
    Spoiler
    Show

Tabletop RPGs
    Started with D&D 3.5, these days I mostly play 5E and occationally Call of C'thulu. Currently running two D&D 5E games over roll20

Magic: the Gathering
    Started with Return to Ravnica/Innistrad. I'll draft every once in a while but EDH is my favorite format by far.
    Decks: Lord Windgrace, Neyith of the Dire Hunt, Rielle the Everwise

Other Geeky Hobbies
    Ridley/Lucina main SSBU

22. - Top - End - #202
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla_pasta View Post
    H1178

Path of the Moonstrider

Your rage taps into primal energy so potent it alters your form.

Wolf Form- at 3rd level, you gain the ability to assume the form of a wolf while raging. Whenever you rage, in addition to your normal rage effects, you may also choose to Wild Shape as the druid class feature, with the following changes:
    - you may only assume the form of a wolf
    - you revert to human form when your rage ends
    - you cannot choose to revert to your natural form while raging.
    if you revert to your natural form by dropping to 0 hp, you may continue to rage as normal, but you do not shift back into wolf form until the next time you enter a rage.

Improved Wolf Form - starting at 6th level, your wolf form gains additional strength. You gain +1 on attack rolls while in wolf form, and a additional Hp equal to twice your barbarian level

DireWolf Form - starting at 10th level, you may now assume the form of a Dire Wolf.
    Additionally, your attack bonus increases to +2 and you may now add your constitution modifier to your AC while in wolf form (similar to the barbarian's unarmored AC ability).

Winter Wolf Form - starting at 14th level, you may now assume the form of a Winter Wolf.
    Additionally, your attack bonus increases to +3 and you deliver a critical strike on a 19 or 20.
    If you reach barbarian level 20, you also apply the strength and constitution bonus to your wolf form.

I'll add some comments to this later, but this should do fine.
    Thank you very much, this is fantastic!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

R1179

Could I get a Pathfinder Barbarian archetype based on using a spear and shield?
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

R1180
    Hey everybody!

I am creating a back port of sorts of the mythic rules from poathfinder to 3.5 D&D. I have hit a big wall of writer's block.

I created a few new mythic paths The Dark Avenger (think batman) and The Warden ( centered around hybrid caster) but other than the three mythic archetype abilities I find myself at a loss for what the rest of the mythic path powers should, or even could be. I know there will be some overlap with the Champion and the Trickster, for the Stalker, the one I am drawing a blank on but coming up with new one after the other 2 has wore my mind out.

Assassination
    gives the Stalker combo points he can eventually use to unleash devastating effects

Subtlety allows the Stalker super stealth basically the darkstalker feat+

and Surprise Strike as the Trickster power

I just need I guess like a half dozen or so ideas to get my brain kick started again. that was I can see a good baseline of a couple of abilities for each 'tier' of path abilities ( 1st, 3rd, 6th)

But any help at all is appreciated :)

25. - Top - End - #205

R1181

Hey everyone

I'm playing 5th Edition and a player wants to worship Shar. I'm looking for a template to turn him into a Shade at some point depending on how he plays it. I've tried Searching but I can't seem to find anything! Hopefully someone can help me out!

I'd like it to be easy to tack on, require some sort of cost, and lean more towards thematic than powerful (I already give them plenty of power).

Thanks in advance!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

H1158

I know this is late, but I wanted to give a stab at this. Since nearly all the other features of the School revolved around the Transmuter's Stone, I thought it would make sense to build out that aspect (and even include a backdoor into the original Polymorph feature).

Adept Transmuter
    Starting at 10th Level, you can now add one of the below secondary effects when you create your Transmuter's Stone. You can assign the Stone's primary effects to any creature, but these effects can only benefit you and only if the stone is possessed by you:

• You can cast Polymorph without consuming a spell slot, even if the spell is not in your spellbook. You must complete a short or long rest before you can use this feature again.
    • You can cast Stoneskin without consuming a spell slot, even if the spell is not in your spellbook. You must complete a short or long rest before you can use this feature again.
    • You gain the ability of Waterbreathing
    • You gain the ability to Hover at a move speed of 50 feet for a duration of one hour. You must complete a Long Rest before you can use this feature again.

Each time you cast a Transmutation spell of 3rd level or higher, you can change the secondary effect of your stone if it is on your person.

If you're still interested, let me know your thoughts.
    C. 1158

Oh, wow, somebody remembered :D
    I do like this significantly more than the default, because I don't have to ever use polymorph if I don't want to. I'll speak with my DM about using this or a variation thereof, thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

R. 1182
    I have another request, it's a little bit bigger than before. I hope you guys can handle it.

Anybody remember those Elemental Weirds in the 3.5e MM2? They are like Elemental prophets and stuff like that. Whereas in 5th edition the Elemental Weird is some sort of weak guardian.

I essentially need a 5e Stat block of a weird or two converted with the vein of 3.5 in mind. Fire and Earth are most important, air and water would be nice if you can make them. ideally, the new Weirds would have a CR between 9 and 11, but it's okay to stray higher, if needed. I really need something for a future storyline, in case I get to a point where my party wish to FIGHT Them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

R1112

Hey!

Im looking for a spell to replicate something I seen on game of thrones
    Im looking for a 3.5e spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, a spell where you can sacrifice part of yourself to "birth" a shadow assasin to kill someone for you.
    I picture the damage being very permanent, as you have to give up your life force to wield the shadow assassin.

Replicating the scene where Melisande birthed a shadow assassin to kill Renly Baratheon
    Last edited by 341gerbig; 2016-05-23 at 03:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

H1112

Shadowborn Assassin
    Illusion (Phantasm)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 5
    Components: S
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Range: See text
    Effect: One shadowborn assassin
    Duration: See text
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

You create a creature known as a shadowborn assassin out of your own child. To cast the spell, you must be pregnant and in labour, and the spell consumes the child. In its place, the spell gives rise to a shadowborn assassin.

The shadowborn assassin turns invisible after its creation, although those who witness the casting will see it come to be. It then moves as fast as possible with its movement speed of 40 feet towards a target designated when you cast the spell. It can turn into a gaseous form (not as the spell) to pass through even the smallest gap, but its strength is only 2 so it can't push past most barriers.

When the shadowborn assassin (which is a medium creature) reaches its target, it turns visible and attacks with a bonus equal to your caster level. If it hits on a melee incorporeal touch attack, it deals 2d6 points of true damage. True damage cannot be prevented, mitigated or resisted in any way. The shadowborn assassin has an AC of 10+your caster level, but dies instantly when hit.

The assassin disappears when slain or when its target dies.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

R1183 Hey guys, I am looking for a upgraded series of vow feats from the exalted deeds book, something more on par with this Vow of Poverty but as you are not giving up all magic items, not as fully powerful.. just something a bit better than the one the book gives you.

like how vow of obedience is basically s tad better but not really Iron Will. It should do more.