New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

R1184

For a 3.5 game I'm in need of a monster, deadly challenge, or monster within a deadly challenge that's meant to test the "worth" of the ECL 5 party in the valley stronghold of a clan of halfling ninjas (The Underbough Clan). There's been a recurring theme of chaotic elemental powers and a lot of custom elemental-inspired magic (particularly from a rival group, the Corumbra Clan of fire-powered assassins). It's suggested that the halflings might have a strong kinship or affinity for magic related to the wind, but so far they've only been using the standard out-of-the-box ninja techniques, so "wind theme" is a definite plus, but it doesn't have to be "wind magical."

(As a side request but a less urgent one, a recurring antagonist, The Falcon Queen, is a ranger with a number of custom archery abilities not related to her class. Has anyone made any lists of Tome of Battle-style archery maneuvers, stances, or boosts that might include things like a 20 foot radius hail of arrows that can strike a number of targets equal to BAB? If the players get through the challenge, I wouldn't mind a side benefit being the discovery of a statue of the Falcon Queen as a former guest, along with a martial script of one of her signature moves for the party ranger.)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

R1112

Sorry, I did not notice this as a thread until after I posted a new thread, but I would like a archtype for bard which is modelled off of "dashing swordsman" from OotS (i.e. getting bonuses from puns.) Right now, I have thought about editing the flavor text of certian spells (eg Vicious Mockery is puns which physically hurt people, Tasha's Hideous Laughter makes people laugh at your puns.)

Edit: This is for version 5.0
    Last edited by Catullus; 2016-09-25 at 05:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Yey requests! Any chance someone could cook up a 5E Fighter martial archetype for an investigator/constable?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

First, two requests:

*assuming Afgncaap5 is not off number*
    R1187
    Pathfinder archetype for Summoner that's compatible with Synthisist which focuses on applying Mutations and temp hit dice/hit points in exchange for losing the Summon Monster things. Basically giving targets a mini-Synthesis buff instead of summoning monsters.

R1188
    A Cantrip that is balanced as a counterpart for basic attacks. Something like 1d4 or 1d6 damage with +1 to damage and/or to-hit per caster level. Also, have it be a Ray, for those rare Wizards who grab Weapon Focus (Magic Ray).

Next: A set of suggestions for R1184, to help people with making it.

1. It's for a challenge by a group of ninjas of small size. Good senses and possibly grapple are ways to make it more of a threat to the ones issuing the challenge than the party, if you want mercy.

2. It's a challenge to a full party that's at ECL 5. It ought to be CR 6 or 7, because it's a challenge, not a normal encounter.

3. Another route is to have it be an ambush creature. Test the outsiders by making them face something that uses the tactics of the one issuing the challenge.
    Last edited by Morphic tide; 2016-11-23 at 10:41 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

Just wanted to say thank you to the person who devised this thread, and to all who contributed to it.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C/H 1188

A Cantrip that is balanced as a counterpart for basic attacks. Something like 1d4 or 1d6 damage with +1 to damage and/or to-hit per caster level. Also, have it be a Ray, for those rare Wizards who grab Weapon Focus (Magic Ray).
    What version of the game is this for? 3.5 and Pathfinder have ray of frost that does 1d3 points of cold damage. Note that acid orb also causes 1d3 points of damage as a cantrip so that has precedence.Cantrips shouldn't cause more damage than that.

However, if you want alternative rays how about the following:

You can change the names to fit your campaign but the mechanics should be consistent for 0-level rays.

Ray of Sunshine
    Evocation [Fire]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 0
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Effect: Ray
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: Yes

A ray of white light projects from your pointing finger. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack with the ray to deal damage to a target. The ray deals 1d3 points of fire damage.

Ray of Storms
    Evocation [electricity]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 0
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Effect: Ray
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: Yes

A ray of lightning projects from your pointing finger. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack with the ray to deal damage to a target. The ray deals 1d3 points of electricity damage.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2017-01-23 at 02:47 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    *snip*
    The point is that Rays have high reliance on their nature as Touch Attacks to be able to hit anything. They run on the abysmal BAB of the caster for their to-hit. That's why I outlined the CL to to-hit on the suggestion.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 1188

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    The point is that Rays have high reliance on their nature as Touch Attacks to be able to hit anything. They run on the abysmal BAB of the caster for their to-hit. That's why I outlined the CL to to-hit on the suggestion.
    It is an unbalanced suggestion. It is also unfair since thrown splash weapons also rely on standard ranged touch. If you want to revamp the attack, that's not making a new spell. There's not really a viable to reconcile what you want with the rules in place.

You can score critical hits on ranged touch attacks. To give you what you want would be more powerful than a first level spell.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2017-01-23 at 01:08 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

R 1189
    Human racial substitution levels for ranger. Dnd 3.5

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

C 1189 Are there specific class features you want variants/replacements for?
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

C 1189:

Human Ranger
    Human rangers are adaptable mercenaries making a living of the "recovery" of important things, ancient texts, a fancy new leather or people, you name it, they get it, their versatility in combat and in the cities limits their contact with nature and their connection to its creatures.
    Hit Dice: d8
    Requirements:
    To take a human ranger substitution level, a character must be
    a human about to take her 1st, 4th, or 8th level of ranger.
    Class Skills
    a human ranger grants the same class skills as a standard ranger plus gather information, knowledge history and knowledge(local).

Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier (or four times
    this number as a beginning character).

Ranger
    Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Spellcasting
    1st
    +1
    +2
    +2
    +0
    favored marks 2, track -----
    4th
    +4
    +4
    +4
    +1
    versatile hunter see text
    7th
    +7/+2
    +5
    +5
    +2
    constant motion, eyes on the prize same as ranger

Class Features
    Favored Marks(Ex): a ranger who takes the 1st level racial substitution feature gets a pool of points that they can assign each day amongst the favored enemies found here, assigning a day´s favored marks takes and hour of undisturbed planning and study and the points remain assigned until the moment you reassign them. For each point of favored mark assigned to a creature type the ranger gains a cumulative +1 bonus on Bluff, hide, Listen, move silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival and gather information checks when using these skills against creatures of this type. Likewise, he gets a +1 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures for each point assigned.

at every level the Ranger gains one extra point in the favored mark pool, favored mark counts as favored enemy for any feat, ability or prestige class that requires it.

This substitution feature replaces the standard ranger´s favored enemy and wild empathy class features.

Versatile hunter: a ranger who takes the 4th level racial substitution feature can add any first level bard, paladin, cleric or druid spell to their spell list, the spell chosen may be changed to any of the highest level of spells you can cast or lower whenever you can cast a new spell level. In addition The ranger gets an extra spell slot of each spell level she can cast, this slots are spontaneous, they need not be prepared at the start of the day and you can cast any spell you know of the appropiate level from it. A human ranger can choose any mental stat for the purposes of determining minimun casting stat, Save DC of the spells, and bonus spells for a high attribute.

This substitution feature replaces the standard ranger´s animal companion class feature.

Constant Motion(Ex):A ranger who takes the 7th level racial substitution feature can move and charge trough difficult terrain unimpeded and at her normal speed.

This substitution feature replaces the standard ranger´s woodland stride class feature.

Eyes on the prize(Ex): A ranger who takes the 7th level racial substitution feature reduces the penalties on spot checks for distance by half, and depending on the combat style she chose, reduces the penalty on two-weapon fighting by half (if the ranger chose two-weapon combat), or halves the penalty on a ranged weapon for each range increment to -1 each (if the ranger chose archery)

is this good enough? humans are kind of hard to do whitout just giving you bonus feats.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2018-11-11 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by neriractor View Post
    C 1189:

Human Ranger
    Human rangers are adaptable mercenaries making a living of the "recovery" of important things, ancient texts, a fancy new leather or people, you name it, they get it, their versatility in combat and in the cities limits their contact with nature and their connection to its creatures.
    Hit Dice: d8
    Requirements:
    To take a human ranger substitution level, a character must be
    a human about to take her 1st, 4th, or 8th level of ranger.
    Class Skills
    a human ranger grants the same class skills as a standard ranger plus gather information, knowledge history and knowledge(local).

Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifi er (or four times
    this number as a beginning character).

Ranger
    Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Spellcasting
    1st
    +1
    +2
    +2
    +0
    favored marks 2, track -----
    4th
    +4
    +4
    +4
    +1
    versatile hunter see text
    7th
    +7/+2
    +5
    +5
    +2
    constant motion, eyes on the prize Casting

Class Features
    Favored Marks(Ex): a ranger who takes the 1st level racial substitution feature gets a pool of points that they can assign each day amongst the favored enemies found here, assigning a day´s favored marks takes and hour of undisturbed planning and study and the points remain assigned until the moment you reassign them. For each point of favored mark assigned to a creature type the ranger gains a cumulative +1 bonus on Bluff, hide, Listen, move silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival and gather information checks when using these skills against creatures of this type. Likewise, he gets a +1 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures for each point assigned.

at every level the Ranger gains one extra point in the favored mark pool, favored mark counts as favored enemy for any feat, ability or prestige class that requires it.

This substitution feature replaces the standard ranger´s favored enemy and wild empathy class features.

Versatile hunter: a ranger who takes the 4th level racial substitution feature can add any first level bard, paladin, cleric or druid spell to their spell list, the spell chosen may be changed to any of the highest level of spells you can cast or lower whenever you can cast a new spell level. In addition The ranger gets an extra spell slot of each spell level she can cast, this slots are spontaneous, they need not be prepared at the start of the day and you can cast any spell you know of the appropiate level from it. A human ranger can choose any mental stat for the purposes of determining minimun casting stat, Save DC of the spells, and bonus spells for a high attribute.

This substitution feature replaces the standard ranger´s animal companion class feature animal companion class feature.

Constant Motion(Ex):A ranger who takes the 7th level racial substitution feature can move and charge trough difficult terrain unimpeded and at her normal speed.

This substitution feature replaces the standard ranger´s woodland stride class feature.

Eyes on the prize(Ex): A ranger who takes the 7th level racial substitution feature reduces the penalties on spot checks for distance by half, and depending on the combat style she chose, reduces the penalty on two-weapon fighting by half (if the ranger chose two-weapon combat), or halves the penalty on a ranged weapon for each range increment to -1 for each range increment (if the ranger chose archery)

is this good enough? humans are kind of hard to do whitout just giving you bonus feats.
    That's amazing!!! Stolen.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    That's amazing!!! Stolen.
    thank you.

I'm glad you liked it.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2017-03-04 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Hi there! I have a request...

Since I've seen the Stone Sorcery specialization for Sorcerers in 5E, I've kept wishing there were some sort of martial class with AC similar to it (13 + CON mod), completely eliminating the necessity of DEX to make an unarmored/lightly-armored build.

Does anyone have any ideas for a class like this for a martial?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Wizard View Post
    Hi there! I have a request...

Since I've seen the Stone Sorcery specialization for Sorcerers in 5E, I've kept wishing there were some sort of martial class with AC similar to it (13 + CON mod), completely eliminating the necessity of DEX to make an unarmored/lightly-armored build.

Does anyone have any ideas for a class like this for a martial?
    Well, full classes are outside the scope of the thread. It could fit a Barbarian or Monk variant quite well, especially if you have certain abilities switch to being Con based instead of Dex or Wis based to improve or retain the base class's SAD.

Probably would work best as a heavy on tanking subclass for Barbarian or Paladin, to be honest, with abilities focused on making enemies stay put or forcing attacks.
    Last edited by Morphic tide; 2017-05-16 at 10:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Well, full classes are outside the scope of the thread. It could fit a Barbarian or Monk variant quite well, especially if you have certain abilities switch to being Con based instead of Dex or Wis based to improve or retain the base class's SAD.

Probably would work best as a heavy on tanking subclass for Barbarian or Paladin, to be honest, with abilities focused on making enemies stay put or forcing attacks.
    I'd like to subpoena the version of this post that talked about Sex-based classes.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to subpoena the version of this post that talked about Sex-based classes.
    Typo. Was fixed before you posted. And finding sites willing to talk about sexual D&D classes is hard.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

C 1190

Keeping in mind my lack of 5e experience, might I suggest some conversion of the Deepwarden prestige class from 3.5e?
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

R 1191

What's a good class/subclass for a lithe and cunning mercenary type, keeping the STR focus for combat?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Banned

R 1191

What's a good class/subclass for a lithe and cunning mercenary type, keeping the STR focus for combat?
    Please specify edition.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Please specify edition.
    To my understanding, it's probably a 5e request, given the subclass mentioning.

More importantly, this guy might not understand that this thread is for making new homebrew. I, personally, believe that the best thing to point to is Rogue for the class. A Strength based Rogue subclass would probably be the best thing to look at, but I'm not sure about how to make that work. Superiority Dice are easy, but I dislike the mechanic, mostly for being a subclass mechanic, rather than a base class mechanic.

Actually... Sneak Attack with non-Finesse weapons and a Fighting Style or Extra Attack would be worthwhile for a Rogue subclass. Something to boost durability, like adding Dex to AC twice with a cap, or the Superiority Dice I hate so much being usable for Attack and AC, would do well to have Rogue be more Strength based by reducing Dex needs and letting them go Strength based. An alternative to Extra Attack would be having Attack be a bonus action option, which causes obvious multiclassing power creep, but makes the character less mobile than otherwise.

I'd try typing it out, but I'm stuck tablet and phone posting because of extensive reshelving in the house leaving the computer blocked off(at least we don't have an entire wall covered in shelving for M:tG anymore). And it getting locked when I don't know the password because nobody bothered telling me it after I stopped being an annoying **** about being on the computer. And my brother's still in the habit of locking it when he gets off while it's school time, even though I've graduated from high school. Overall, things are a mess right now.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

R1192

So.. I just spent the last 45+ minutes creating a Knight of The Crown (a prestige class).. only to get GiTPed and the auto restore feature not work when I had to log back in, instead of redoing it as I might be called into work anytime, I come to the playground to request assistance and hopefully one of you shall take up the torch to create the PrC

Quote Originally Posted by Here is the Order of the Crown to which a Knight of The Crown belongs to summed up.
    The Order of the Crown is made up of people of different nationalities as well as races. The knights, while of course, ultimately loyal to Altua and her clergy, espouse the Divine right of rulers to rule, provided they of course rule with responsibility and well. They have an obligation to rule with the best interest of their subjects and put those in he forefront, even above their own personal wants and desires.

It has not been unheard of that a chapter of the order to kill a royal that was abusing their power and their people
    in the last few generations, there has been a move away from a single King or Queen and instead to councils or local lords holding most of the power. The Order of the Crown grew in popularity to counter this sudden change.

The Monarchy is accepting of this as they tend to endorse anything that says "these guys have a divine right to rule" but also secretly worry that they might be next on the chopping block for not ruling justly.

The Knights never make a move without word coming from the Scion-the speaker for Altua, her highest ranking priest.
    the requirements
    BaB +6
    Knowledge: Nobility 7 ranks
    Alignment: Any good
    Special: Must be a devout follower of Altua, and be admitted into her Knightly order the Order of the Crown

I remember some stuff about them, it was 10 levels long d10 HD, good Base attack, good fort and good will bad reflex
    they gained a competence bonus to know: nobility at first level equal to class level. They get Mark of Justice 1/day at 8th level as a spell-like, and they get a smite ability against corrupt rulers, other than that, feel free to give them some neat-o abilities related to making sure ruler are just and fair

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Playing in Pathfinder,

This may be a bit of an odd request however, I currently have a character using the Blacksmith base class (Spheres of Might) and a Gestalt monster race up until level 5 (I am free to take another class at level 6) I've been googling and searching the forums for a solid Merchant Class (That is a class that's primarily Merchant in nature.) I already have combat more then handled for the power level of my group, hence why I don't mind sacrificing some of that power towards something for more flavor. Any amount of levels is fine, though I'd honestly be happier with a 3-5 level PRC class. I've been trying to come up with something on my own but as of late I'm drawing a blank when it comes to creating pretty much anything. So I suppose this is either a request for a 3-5 level PRC class, or if someone has something that would fit the bill let me know and I'll give it a look see. Thanks.

If it matters Pathfinder (With some homebrew) Modified Gestalt, 20 Point Buy characters current focus is front line/STR based thrower.
    Amateur writer over at Royal Road! Come check me out! https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/65...s-from-alirast

Life's a bitch, so if it's easy you're doing it wrong.

I live to die, I love to lose, I trust to be betrayed, this is who I am.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

R1194

I am playing 5th edition.

My players and I are all fairly well versed in "normal" monsters, so I want to surprise them/twist an expectation. We are playing ToA and my players are heading into the jungles of chult. My thought was, stupid as It may seem, I would like to have them fight some Pokemon as monsters in chult.

One of the first that comes to mind is the Kabutops the idea of them fighting an undead fossil/bug monster fits perfectly with the other things in chult.

I have a rough idea of how to stat it but would love some help.

My thoughts are very general. But basically a high AC, some kind of hover mechanic, two 1d6 claws. And some cribbed flurry of blows to replicate furry swipes.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... A Kabutops in 5e? The first thing to ask is what CR you want, because there's actually some specific lookup tables for that to give damage per round targets. I'm reminded of Paragon monsters, a homebrew "stub" for making boss fights work around the action economy without Legendary Actions and replicating the shenanigans from video game boss fight stages, owing to the fact that Kabutops is one of the Pokemon with the Weak Armor ability, which reduces its defense and increases its speed when hit with a physical attack.

Translating this into 5e, you have it improve its action economy at the cost of lowered durability, when it falls below some pre-defined amount of HP. For the sake of encounter math, the tradeoff would have the after-statblock be identical to the former-statblock in CR, with a shift from offense to defense. Either Bonus Action to Dash or Attack, or adding attacks and increasing movement speed. The former works better for a "bossy" enemy while the latter works better for a "mook" enemy.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

C1194

Hmm... A Kabutops in 5e? The first thing to ask is what CR you want,
    CR is an Important question, but unfortunately all I can say is for right now my PC's are level 1. I'm fine with just about any CR, it just determines when I hit my PC's with them.

Kabutops is one of the Pokemon with the Weak Armor ability, which reduces its defense and increases its speed when hit with a physical attack.
    How about something to the effect of "once the Kabutops is at half health..." And the rough effect would be a rage like state? Penalty to AC bonus to speed and he gets an extra attack. Do you think that could work?

The former works better for a "bossy" enemy while the latter works better for a "mook" enemy.
    I was thinking about the necromancer who raised it as the boss. But for added poke-ness the necromancer could be the weak one and "the muscle" could be his minion.
    Last edited by JudgeKludge; 2018-04-18 at 07:19 PM. Reason: I forgot to add the tag explaining which sub-thread I was responding to

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

R1195

Hey guys, I have a Pathfinder Fighter re-tool and am in need of some non combat class abilities to round out the class. I am satisfied where it is combat wise, just need that 'I can do things outside of combat other than use skills' part worked on.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    C 1190

Keeping in mind my lack of 5e experience, might I suggest some conversion of the Deepwarden prestige class from 3.5e?
    That looks like a Ranger archetype devoted to defending themself and allies, plus a little bit of stone/animal magic. I'll see what I can do. Either that, or a Ranger/Barbarian multiclass: Stone Warden and Trap Sense look like the Barbarian's Unarmored Defense and Danger Sense... Either way, here's a rough archetype. Everyone else critique me: I'm still getting used to homebrew!

Deepwarden
    You are a dwarf who has chosen to live your life on the surface world. It wan't your first choice, and you might not be to happy about it, but this is your home now, and you will fight to protect your race, the wilds, and your allies through thick and thin.

3rd Level: Extra Spells
    You add the following spells to your spell list:
    3rd Heroism, Sanctuary
    5th Animal Messenger, Warding Bond
    9th Sending, Tiny Hut
    13th Hallucinatory Terrain, Resilient Sphere
    17th Insect Plague, Wall of Stone

3rd Level: Defensive Posture
    You can get into an advantageous position to avoid blows. On you turn, if you do not move, you can enter a Defensive Posture as a bonus action. You gain a +2 AC. While in your Defensive Posture, you have advantage on all saves to avoid being moved.
    3rd Level: Swift Tracker
    You can ignore the restriction/penalty on tracking at a Fast pace.

7th Level: Vigilance
    You gain proficiency in Wisdom saving throws. If you already have proficiency in Wisdom saves, choose either Intelligence or Charisma saves (your choice).

11th Level: Uncanny Dodge
    When an attacker you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to half the damage that attack does against you.

15th Level: Encompassing Defense
    You can easily hold of attackers trying to gain an advantage while flanking. While in your Defensive Posture, no creature can use an ability against you that requires having an ally also within melee range of you (i.e. Sneak Attack, Pack Tactics, flanking, ect).

Hope this fits your needs and is close enough to the original to satisfy you!
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2018-10-09 at 03:30 PM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Firbolg in the Playground

R1196
    5th Edition DnD: In order of preference, I'm looking for a Barbarian subclass that:
    1. Has tactical decisions to make in combat (similar to the Battle Master Fighter)
    2. Is well designed (has its coolest feature at level 3 and NOT level 10)
    3. Has a reason NOT to Rage at every second in every combat.

R1197
    5th Edition DnD: An expanded list of balanced uses for the Medicine skill. By balanced, I mean that I want it to be considered as powerful as, say, Stealth, Perception, or Arcana.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2018-10-09 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

30. - Top - End - #240

R1197
    Well, here's some ideas:
    -A Medicine check to determine approximately how many hit points an enemy is at, separate check to know approximate maximum
    -Medicine checks to determine cause of death (more useful in some campaigns than others, but still useful)
    -As an action, a DC 15 Medicine check to heal 1d4 Hit Points, and you cannot use this ability on the same target until they suffer another injury. Useful in lower levels, but not overpowered. Maybe a similar thing for HD is possible?
    -One could make a Medicine check to make checks about the weaknesses, resistances, strengths and powers of a creature, as opposed to Nature or Arcana.

I think with even this list and these optional rules Medicine becomes a force to reckon with, especially becoming key during combat and while researching enemies. Maybe this wasn't that angle you had in mind, though?
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!