New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Player has hard time figuring out how Half Elves are different...

So I made a change.

A player was looking up pictures of half elves for her character, but settled on an Elf picture.

I said to her I liked how Munchkin does it. Where one ear is elven and the other is human.

Needless to say she liked the idea and now it is a thing.
    Haggis is Sheep's stomach filled with its intestines.

My blog "Awkward GM"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Player has hard time figuring out how Half Elves are different...

Quote Originally Posted by DontEatRawHagis View Post
    So I made a change.

A player was looking up pictures of half elves for her character, but settled on an Elf picture.

I said to her I liked how Munchkin does it. Where one ear is elven and the other is human.

Needless to say she liked the idea and now it is a thing.
    It's how our beloved host does it, too.
    Spoiler: Worst PC Concept Ever
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar14 View Post
    I came up with a master ninja with a robotic arm that is simultaneously both a vampire and a werewolf. He is the first of his clan in a thousand years to master the Warp Blade technique, which allows him to bend space-time to his will. So in addition to being a cyborg werewolf vampire ninja, he's also a time traveler and functionally immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milodiah View Post
    ...kinda sounds like Samuel Haight got sent to the world of Rifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    And we have a new winner!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

biggrin Re: Player has hard time figuring out how Half Elves are different...

I usually end up playing as half-Elves, and although each one is different, I usually think of them as looking like prettier versions of humans with slightly pointy ears (like the size of human ears, but with a small point at the end). They also tend to have less facial hair and are slightly taller than normal humans.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

I envision half-elves much the same way as King of Casuals does. As for facial hair, half-elven men in my campaign setting can grow stubble and sideburns (though it takes several months from clean-shaven), but not full mustaches or beards.
    Planck length = 1.524e+0 m, Planck time = 6.000e+0 s. Mass quantum ~ 9.072e-3 kg because "50 coins weigh a pound" is the smallest weight mentioned. And light has five quantum states.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I played a double elf in munchkin before. Would that give me extra ears or extra points on my ears?