New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Once upon a time on Earth

"Hm. A thought occurs to me."
    She suddenly flew over the edge and leaned against a still-standing tree.
    "Hey, Old Man Kami. You seem to have this fight down but just letting you know: I can help if you want. This guy seems like kind of a jerk. And sort of looks like you, oddly enough. Might be a good replacement face for me to punch instead of yours."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    With his newly-made staff, the Sage appears evenly matched to the Kami. Kami has to move from his spot, side-stepping, ducking and occasionally jumping to avoid the Sage's blows. Yet, the Kami still has an advantage, as the Nyoi-bo can change its size at will, and the compliant staff is made of tougher materials than tiles of the lookout. While the Sage is avoiding all of Kami's blows for now, it's only a matter of time when his bo breaks and a strike gets through.
    The Young Thunder Sage continues to press the attack in the strange ballet taking place on top of the Lookout, face stoney and impassive even as his bo starts to chip each time it connects to the Nyoi-bo. It's clear the weapon can't take the punishment and with a resounding crack the marble staff shatters from a particularly fierce blow as the Nyoi-bo continues through and pierces the aggressor though the chest.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Kami glances at Android 23 with his right eye as he fights. "Nah. I've..."

He jumps over a low sweep by the Sage

"...got.."

He blocks two level strikes from the Sage and aims a blow at his head, but is blocked.

"... this..."

Kami presses hard on the Sage's staff, breaking it and thrusting it towards his chest. Behind his mask, Kami grins gleefully as the blow connects.

"... handled."

Nyoi-bo snaps back to Kami's hand. He wipes the blood off its tip and then relaxes, using it as a walking stick again.

"But hey, why not ask his opinion? What about it, big guy? You feel like duking it out with the lady over there?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

The Young Thunder Sage takes a step forward as the bo is pulled from his body, an audible grunt slipping past his clenched teeth. He glances over his shoulder at the hovering android, shaking his head slowly. "She's not a challenge. And she talks like a fool. I've no time for the like of her. You and I aren't finished anyway." He slowly rolls his head back to fix the Kami with a murderous gaze, lightning striking down against his body as his shadow seems almost to leap from the ground like a pack of wolves straight for the God.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Well something's not right. To a being with reasonably human-like body, having a gaping hole through you should be quite an inconvenience. Yet the Sage still is up for a fight. Kami isn't afraid of lightning, but the Sage's shadows moving in blatantly unnatural ways make him alarmed, and he leaps up to avoid them, ready to fly even further up if they show ability to follow him through the air.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

The Lookout

Android 23 shrugs at this
    "Oh well. and I had such good one-liners for you, Storm Guy. Hope you don't feel too under the weather when you lose!"
    She then flies off to Callins place. She had more important things to do anyways. Like make those Dragon Balls. Storm Guy would be too preoccupied with Ol' Kami to mess with her plans anyways.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

The shadows do indeed follow the Kami up into the air at impressive speed as they grow more substantial and pull away from the pillar of lightning, each a truck sized monster by the time they fully form complete with snapping jaws and cruel claws that rake at the air as they run. As the lightning slowly fades the Young Thunder Sage remains, gazing up at the dark clouds as the gaping hole in his chest slowly starts to fill back in.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-05-09 at 02:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Kami frowns at the sight of the shades. He glances down to see where Android 23 is. Now would be a good time to... aaaand she's gone. Well that offer of help sure had a quick expiration date. Stupid girl, first coming in to say she wants to fight, and then misses a perfect opportunity to stab the enemy in the back. As Kami doesn't feel like fighting a bunch of dogs, he touches the forehead of his mask with his left index finger. "First one was for love. Next one's for sorrow, boy!" There's a blast of hot air centered on Kami as his Ki increases explosively, rendering him thrice as strong as he was in the beginning. With his increased speed, he attempts to fly around the pack of hounds to strike the Sage in the back.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Colossus in the Playground

[Wasteland, now]

The anomaly returns. stronger, and suddenly there's some kind of vessel in the middle of the desert.

A figure emerges from said vessel, looks around, and scampers off, running fast, to get it's bearings.

Anyone with the ability or the equipment to detect high power levels from far away may note that a new one has appeared in the wastelands, seemingly from nowhere.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

As Callins watched the progress of his armor. A window immediately over took his screen.
    What the? What is that?

Only one sensor was still in the wasteland just to help keep an eye on the the area in-case the dragon was still alive and left. Though what he saw was not a Dragon. it moved to quickly to be truly picked up on the monitor, but something was out there. What ever it was also was strong, as the Ki scans went off.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

The Sky

What is this guilt I feel....
    Suddenly her internal scouter detected the multiple power levels appearing around Storm Guy.
    Oh Hm. That might be a problem for Ol' Kami. But neither of them wanted me to interfere.
    Then she remembered.
    Oh Right. Ieez is still there. and injured. Can't leave him hanging.
    That and she could picture an imaginary Android 22 using the puppy eyes on her pleading her to help them anyways.
    "Damn imaginary puppy eyes."
    She flies back.

Korin's Tower
    "Sorry, just remembered. Your still injured, and I can't leave you here. I'm going to have to take you with me to Callins. But first-"

The Lookout
    She flies back up.
    "You SURE you don't want my help NOW Ol' Kami? Just saying. Those dogs look vicious. and Artic, if he still doesn't want my help, I'm taking Ieez to Callins place kay? just letting you know."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Kami frowns at the sight of the shades. He glances down to see where Android 23 is. Now would be a good time to... aaaand she's gone. Well that offer of help sure had a quick expiration date. Stupid girl, first coming in to say she wants to fight, and then misses a perfect opportunity to stab the enemy in the back. As Kami doesn't feel like fighting a bunch of dogs, he touches the forehead of his mask with his left index finger. "First one was for love. Next one's for sorrow, boy!" There's a blast of hot air centered on Kami as his Ki increases explosively, rendering him thrice as strong as he was in the beginning. With his increased speed, he attempts to fly around the pack of hounds to strike the Sage in the back.
    The hounds continue to follow the Kami even as he veers off, each seeming to move more swiftly at the sudden burst of ki. The Young Thundersage continues to stand motionless, even taking the blow head on.

13. - Top - End - #313

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    The Lookout
    She flies back up.
    "You SURE you don't want my help NOW Ol' Kami? Just saying. Those dogs look vicious. and Artic, if he still doesn't want my help, I'm taking Ieez to Callins place kay? just letting you know."
    Artic suddenly looks off into the distance, startled. ...actually, how about I go with you? I just sensed another high power-level and i'd rather not leave anything to chance.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

"What're you talking-"
    Another power level registers in her eye. In the direction of the wasteland
    "Yeah. Artic, grab your brother. We go to Callin's place. If there is another power signature nearby, we have no choice but to leave this to Ol' Kami. After him, I'm probably the strongest one here and we can't leave Ieez near a battle like this."
    She flies a little slowly in the direction of Callin's ship to allow Artic time to follow her.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

"You are both @#¤%& useless!", Kami rumbles as a response to Android 23. He feels the hounds closing in on them, and his instinct tells him he really doesn't want them to catch up to him - not here. When his first blow doesn't topple the Sage, he tries again, taking a swing of monumental force at the Sage's lower back. Kami's intent is to send him flying off the Lookout and towards the sea - though it would not hurt to break his spine in the same go. Would not hurt Kami, that is. The Sage is, of course, in for a world of pain.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

The Young Thuder Sage swivles, trying to catch the blow before it lands upon is back with a scowl. "You reap what you sow old man" he snarls as his body starts to pop and grow, his hands becoming powerful paws with razor sharp claws as his body swells with muscle, emitting a baleful howl as the Hounds descend.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

So the second blow doesn't make the Sage budge either. That's unexpected. It's hard to tell if Kami even broke anything, what with the Sage's body twisting and growing and all. Not keen on getting caught between the hounds and the Sage, Kami repeats the trick from before: he quickly places the Nyoi-bo against the Lookout's foor - and then makes it extend immensely, catapulting himself up and through the clouds. Hopefully fast enough to shake off the hounds.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

The Young Thunder Sage gazes up as the Kami jetisons into the clouds, the hounds continuing to surge down into the Lookout. Each one lands next to the now transformed Sage before detonating, each exploding in a towering mushroom cloud as shockwaves ripple out from the Lookout. When the smoke clears the dog beasts and the Thunder Sage no where to be seen.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

"I thought you had it handled! Now you want me to help!? Make up your mind old man! I thought you martial artists didn't like people interfering in their fights! Do you want me to help you kill your revenge-obsessed storm pseudo-son or not!?"
    Honestly, she is really confused about that. She flip-flopped so many times in the past minute due to changing circumstances she is starting to feel like a pancake.

20. - Top - End - #320

"I thought you had it handled! Now you want me to help!? Make up your mind old man! I thought you martial artists didn't like people interfering in their fights! Do you want me to help you kill your revenge-obsessed storm pseudo-son or not!?"
    Honestly, she is really confused about that. She flip-flopped so many times in the past minute due to changing circumstances she is starting to feel like a pancake.
    It's actually kind of funny. Despite billions of years of evolution on thousands of planets that have had zero biological interaction until sentient races develop space-travel, jerks are universal to every species.

When he needs your help, you'll know.
    Artic remarks as he drops down to the tower to retrieve his brother. Not really concerned with Kami's derision, having long since sensed that the closest thing to a compliment he'll ever get from him is a withholding of an insult.

21. - Top - End - #321

What's going on now?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

The shockwave from the blasts throws Kami upward, making his ears ring and eyes water. When he finally regains a sense of balance, he peers through the settling cloud of stone dust at what remains of his Lookout. Hopefully, Android 23 and Artic had the good sense to stop yammering and get the Hell out of dodge before the hounds exploded.

Seeing the damage done to his property makes Kami furious. Two thirds of the massive stone structure is simply gone. What remains sways from side to side, and looks like it might fall down and crash on the tower any second. "Oh, you sonuvabitch! Now you've done it!", he shouts, trying to sense Ki of the Sage. Did he blow himself up with his own attack? Or is he hiding in the nearby clouds? Maybe he can turn invisible? Kami can't tell for sure, and the explosions rattled him enough that he doesn't dare to take his mask off yet to take a look around with his third eye.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

"****!"
    Android 23 uses the After-Image technique to dodge the flying debris and explosions, flying away from the devastation then flying downwards.
    "Artic! Ieez! You ok!? Please be ok...."
    Storm Hounds are explosive. Noted. Must be careful about them.

24. - Top - End - #324

Ieez is busy cursing like a space sailor again, because he just knows that explosion destroyed the wall he just fixed.

He then immediately regrets that Blue Streak due to it stressing his damaged chest parts.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #325

Between his frantic dodging and occasionally blasting the pieces of debris that dropped down from the nearly-destroyed Lookout, Artic, while alive, was definitely losing power.

Yeah, i'm fine. He says, carrying Ieez. Let's just get out of here.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

Kami descents on the ruins of his Lookout. For a moment, it looks like his meager weight could be the straw to break the camel's back, but then Kami taps the floor forcefully with his staff. "Stay up, damn it!"

The Lookout stops quaking.

Kami walks into his palace. The terrace before the main entrance is gone and the door was blown in. The main tower was blown off, and sun shines on Kami from a hole in the ground floor roof. His masks and his weapons are still there, but they've fallen from the walls and some are buried in rubble. Kami notices one of the masks was crushed to pieces by a portion of wall collapsing on it, and picks it up. It took him two years to make it, and now its in shambles.

Kami lets the mask fragment slip from his hand and gets to the kitchen. He lifts up a wooden cabinet which has fallen down and searches it for a small cloth pouch. Opening it, Kami counts its contents. All the trees, herb bushes and bean stalks he had planted outside were blown to bits. He'll have to plant new ones. After rebuilding the courtyard, of course. And the champers below it. And fetching all the soil and water to make a new garden. And...

Yeah. No way on Earth he's going to do that all on his own again.

With the pouch in hand, Kami gets out again, taking a moment to feel where Android 23 and the rest might've went. The Android eluds his senses, but he can tell the two Arcosians are flying away from the tower some distance below him. With the blue Thunder God mask still on his face, Kami flies down. He halts mid-air before the Arcosians, glaring at the from behind his mask. "You didn't do what I said", he grumbles. "As a punishment, you'll get to fix my place. But first..." Kami looks at Ieez, noting he's in quite awful condition, then nods at Artic. "Let's get to ground. Your brother needs patching up."

27. - Top - End - #327

It's hardly our fault that the person you told us to "kick the ass of" turned out to be significantly stronger than we are.

And then blood was coughed up.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

"Sigh. Ok, Ol' Kami you can patch up Ieez. But Artic? Should come with me. We have another problem that needs solving, a power level of 300. We might need all available hands on deck for it."
    She looks at Artic
    "But then again, thats more of your choice of either to stay with your brother or not isn't it? I'm sure you can follow me, whatever your decision."
    She flies off to Callins place.

Callin's Ship

She lands and knocks on his door.
    "Hey Callins! Our problems are multiplying! There is this guy who causing the storms, and he really hates Ol' Kami for some reason, the Lookout is mostly destroyed, and now I'm sure you've detected a power level of 300 coming from the wastelands? Another unknown variable. But the good news is: the Arcosians fought to defend the Lookout and got injured for it so.....I think they're pretty trustworthy. Unless your paranoid enough to believe that empire infiltrators would go far enough to injure themselves or something."

29. - Top - End - #329

"We have another problem that needs solving, a power level of 300"
    ...$#1^!

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #330

Whoa, Ieez, I don't think that's even possible.

If you don't mind 23, I want to stay with my brother, make sure he's alright.
    Artic then looks at Kami, his expression one of frustration.

Kind of hard to fight something at half-strength that's already way stronger than we are.