New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x/PF] GitP Regulars as Feats!

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Sunburns are rough. My second to last day of my honeymoon in the Caribbean I got a wicked sunburn playing on the beach in St. Maarten, and now my skin is flaking away from my forehead and shoulders, leaving behind only molten fire and ineffable pain.

Ooh! If we do the soulmelds/veils thing, I may need to do one with the [Pain] and [Fire] descriptors that allows you to torture someone with a horrific sunburn.... Anyone think of a poster who'd be accurately described as a living sunburn? (Actually, don't answer that....)
    I dunno... a certain banned user could get like that. Name will be restricted for confidentiality.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Loyal protect me! He's doing it again!
    Never fear! The paladins here.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I leave you alone again, and what happens? I'd expect this from Snowbluff, but LP, you're supposed to be Lawful. You had one job to do, man!
    Sorry if I am busy upholding what little structure remains in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    So this thread was pretty successful. The shorter form entries are easier to work with, right? What hsould the next one be?
    Templates, maneuvers, class features, monsters, etc.

Oh, I just started Rozen Maiden at your request.

Hmm... Have we done Maneuvers yet? I don't recall. That could be a thing.
    Yessss.

Also, I finished Helsing Abridged. Very funny. Still, the best part was "Huh, suddenly I smell the stench of hypocrisy." I pretty much died a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    But think of the fun of writing LoyalPaladin up as an Elder Evil...
    I need a color for Lawful Good/Lawful Evil... Maybe bold purple or italic gray...

What, I'm not enough for everyone?
    One could argue that you've inspired them to be more like you.

I also watched Megamind this weekend for the first time in a while. It has refreshed my memory of his voice, now it will be even harder to not read your posts in Megamind's voice...

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Oh by the way, I'm back from the competition. My orchestra got Superior Rating, Best in class, and my school got overall outstanding.
    I am proud of you IZ. Jolly good show.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-26 at 06:18 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

:o Paladin, you're watching Rozen Maiden? To the anime thread!

And congratulations to IZ42. I sure am glad that my ritual sacrifices on his behalf were not in vain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Neat! Permission granted.

Also, I would be all over a GitP regulars as soulmelds/veils. In fact....
    If Master of Ceremonies Snowbluff starts the thread, this coming Friday we could hold a vote for all the veils made using the Akashic Mysteries rules, and the best one could be featured in the upcoming Supplemental release, with an honorable mention for both the author and the forum-goer the veil is based on in the foreword. How's that sound?
    That'd be damn neat.
    I'll put something up tomorrow.

Can we get a little tidbit describing veils in relation to souls melds (ie, which classes are equivalent or similiar to which meldshaping class, which terms mean what) for the purpose of the thread forward, so I can quote it for the benefit of the writers?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-04-26 at 11:03 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #244

Haha. I will do that, perhaps.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-26 at 11:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Haha. I will do that, perhaps.
    I'm sure it wasn't a problem, riiiiiiight?
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

6. - Top - End - #246

I'm sure it wasn't a problem, riiiiiiight?
    You're trying to be threatening. But I know how desperate you are to share your love of Rozen Maiden!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    You're trying to be threatening. But I know how desperate you are to share your love of Rozen Maiden!
    I was definitely just showing off Suigintou's verbal quirk.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

And congratulations to IZ42. I sure am glad that my ritual sacrifices on his behalf were not in vain!

That'd be damn neat.
    I'll put something up tomorrow.

Can we get a little tidbit describing veils in relation to souls melds (ie, which classes are equivalent or similiar to which meldshaping class, which terms mean what) for the purpose of the thread forward, so I can quote it for the benefit of the writers?
    In DSP's Akashic Mysteries, "Veils" take the place of soulmelds, and the characters that previously would have been referred to as meldshapers are now called veilweavers. Veils work very similarly to soulmelds, but they do not interfere with item slots. Essentia is now simply Essence. Formatting between veils and soulmelds is close enough to identical that if you can write up one, you should be able to do the other. For copyright and ease of use reasons, DSP doesn't use the Heart/Crown/etc. verbage, instead just categorizing veils by the slot(s) they occupy (Hands, Feet, Wrist, etc.)
    The three new Akashic classes are:

The Vizier: The Akashic "wizard", the Vizier steps into the shoes previously filled by the Incarnate. Leaning towards AoE and control effects, the Vizier is an Int-based veilweaver who has a special veil slot for Ring veils, and can eventually shape a ring veil on each hand.

The Guru: Lacking a direct analogue in MoI, the Guru is the Akashic skill-monkey. Gurus are Wis-based combatants who gain a special ability called Gentle Touch that allows them to deal additional damage with their selection of Philosophy weapons, though all this damage is converted to nonlethal (subdual). Gurus learn how to focus this damage into combat-oriented debuffs, and unlock the ability to use Gentle Touch even against undead and constructs. Guru veils are predominantly focused on technical or reactive abilities (for example, there's a Belt veil that can divert attacks that would drop them below zero 1/round, and a Headband veil that can reflect attacks that would daze or stun the veilweaver).

The Daevic: The Daevic is like a combination of the Soulborn and the Totemist. Melee brutes with a large array of natural attack veils and veils designed to facilitate various combat styles, the Cha-based Daevics gain their powers by bonding with Akashic outsiders called daeva who represent primal emotional forces called Passions (Desire, Dominion, Wrath). Desire Daevics rely more heavily on their special abilities and focus on switch-hitting with thrown weapons, Dominion Daevics are better at sword and board and focus on either coordinating allies or cowing enemies, and Wrath Daevics rip **** apart with natural attacks or massively amplified Vital Strikes. Half of a Daevic's veils are actually the physical body of their daeva, and are selected from a preset list associated with their daeva's Passion. The others are freely chosen from the Daevic veil list.
    Last edited by Ssalarn; 2015-04-27 at 08:44 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Ssalarn's Rebalance

Prerequisite: Character level 9
    You look back upon the mistakes of the past and correct them, bringing yourself back into balance.
    Benefit: Upon taking this feat, you receive the benefit of the psychic reformation power. You can use this effect again, once per level with an hour of concentration. You do not pay any of the costs of the power or take any penalties from this use.Additionally, you may replace any rolled hit points gained from levels or racial hit dice with the average for the die used. This effect is retroactive and can immediately be used to bring all prior HD up to average.

Spoiler: Reasoning
    Show
    Given Ssalarn's work in updating 3.5 sub-systems to PF, I thought it appropriate to make a feat for updating characters.

I am totally behind a veil-contest. Maybe I can cheat and apply ones I've already written to different forum members in a desperate attempt for publication!
    Last edited by stack; 2015-04-27 at 12:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    I am totally behind a veil-contest. Maybe I can cheat and apply ones I've already written to different forum members in a desperate attempt for publication!
    You and me both. I have material written for four separate people already, including Vizier and Guru versions of Daevic Essence that change with Path/Philosophy. You are the Guru one, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    You and me both. I have material written for four separate people already, including Vizier and Guru versions of Daevic Essence that change with Path/Philosophy. You are the Guru one, by the way.
    I am shaking in anticipation.

Back to work on my Psybomb veil...

12. - Top - End - #252

Here is the wrap up:

Previous - Sweep #4 - Next

Permissions
    Ssalarn

Feats
    Dire Stirge's Bite
    Ssalarn's Rebalance
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-27 at 12:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

I'm game for being a feat. I'll have to look over who is in need of being a feat soon.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

I love this thread, but it keeps freezing up my work PC

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    I love this thread, but it keeps freezing up my work PC

Woopsies... we did set the rules to tone it down in the next thread haha.

16. - Top - End - #256

I'm pretty irregular, but I super give permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I'm game for being a feat. I'll have to look over who is in need of being a feat soon.
    Giving a stab at this, keying off of your hugely extensive homebrew library.

Zaydos's Improvised Brewing (Item Creation)
    Although known much more for his potions, the brewing principals of Zaydos can be applied to nearly anything.
    Prerequisites: Any Item Creation feat
    Benefit: You can craft magic items which you do not have the appropriate Item Creation feat or prerequisite spells for. You must still meet the minimum caster level for the item, and all other aspects of item creation remain the same. If you do so, the items remains functional for only one week after creation, minus one day for each prerequisite you do not meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently I get vain when I'm sleep-deprived, because I've just given myself the mission of finding all these threads and nominating myself for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Permission granted because why not. Let's see if I actually have a "character" on this forum or if I'm as much of a Boringly Normal Guy What Happens to Post a Lot as I think I am.

...Okay, I have rather gotten into the spirit of a certain thread in the Media subforum (), but let's see if someone can't put together a version disregarding that anomaly (in addition to the version taking it into account, of course, not instead of).
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-05-07 at 03:11 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Australia Tested, Sith Approved
    You have been tested in the most inhospitable and poisonous place wizards you could find... and survived.
    Prerequisites: Survival 5 ranks.
    Benefits: You can go an additional 2 hours without water before making Constitution checks due to dehydration per rank in Survival you possess, and an additional day without food per 3 ranks in survival you possess. In addition you gain a +3 on Fortitude saves against Injury poison (but not ingested, inhaled, or contact poisons). Finally your blood is an ingested poison with an initial and secondary damage of 1d3 Str, Dex, and Con and a save DC of 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Constitution modifier; any creature damaging you with a bite attack suffers the effects of this poison, and you may inflict lethal damage on yourself with a slashing or piercing weapon to apply it to that weapon (targets gain a +5 bonus on saves against it when used this way as it is an ingested, not injury, poison).

I know three things about you. Your name. Your quote about Australia. And you like Fairy Tail.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-06 at 11:55 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Australia Tested, Sith Approved
    You have been tested in the most inhospitable and poisonous place wizards you could find... and survived.
    Prerequisites: Survival 5 ranks.
    Benefits: You can go an additional 2 hours without water before making Constitution checks due to dehydration per rank in Survival you possess, and an additional day without food per 3 ranks in survival you possess. In addition you gain a +3 on Fortitude saves against Injury poison (but not ingested, inhaled, or contact poisons). Finally your blood is an ingested poison with an initial and secondary damage of 1d3 Str, Dex, and Con and a save DC of 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Constitution modifier; any creature damaging you with a bite attack suffers the effects of this poison, and you may inflict lethal damage on yourself with a slashing or piercing weapon to apply it to that weapon (targets gain a +5 bonus on saves against it when used this way as it is an ingested, not injury, poison).
    Gives a whole new meaning to "bite me."

I know three things about you. Your name. Your quote about Australia. And you like Fairy Tail.
    Funny story about that, I've actually been meaning for about a year and a half now to make an extended signature mainly so I can quote more things, but I just keep not getting around to it.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.