A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 185
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cilvyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands (GMT+1)
    Gender
    Female

    Default [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Important information

    Important Links
    Lore of Innistrad
    OOC Thread
    Recruitment Thread

    Spoiler: Map of Innistrad
    Show




    Players

    Player Class Character Description
    DragonBones Warlord Thomas Utterson A reserved, tactical warlord and veteran cathar, fighting evil with forbidden lore of his departed father in search for redemption for errors of his past.
    Elricaltovilla Warden Timaeus A large feral warrior, faithfull and dutyfull, but naive and sometimes overconfident of his talents in being a holy weapon against the darkness.
    Lank Fighter Boris Burkham This honorable man of nobleblood left his famaily home to fight evil in the mercenary band known as Lorholt's Fist. When they fell into a trap and had to fight to the death, he was the only one to survive and now is more resiliant then ever
    Rafet Ranger Stanley von Croft This feral ranger has a dark secret that almost got him killed in search for a solution. Almost vain he now hides this secret serving the church as a hunter of evil.

    In Game Information
    Spoiler: Languages
    Show

    Languages spoken in Innistrad:
    Common (the common language everyone understands)
    High Gothic (nobleman, clergy and vampires (since they regard themselves most of the time as noble bloodlines. You could regard this as latin in the medieval times, only educated people would be able to read, speak and write this, although the language is the same in all provinces)
    Stensian (dialect spoken by sheep herders and local commoners in the province of Stensia)
    Gavonian (dialect spoken by farmers and townsfolk or smaller villages in Gavony)
    Kessig (dialect spoken by the forest people of Kessig and wherwolves)
    Nephalian (dialect spoken by citizen of the cities of Nephalia, merchants and underground figures)
    Spirits will communicate in the language they knew when they were alive. zombies are most of the time unintelligent and can't speak.

    As someone from another province you might recognize some words and you may be able to understand about 20-40% of what someone is saying in their dialect. You however are not able to speak in the dialect and when comversations get more complex the percentage quickly drops and you are pretty much clueless what they are brabbling about.


    Spoiler: Coins and Currency
    Show


    There is one currency in Innistrad, the Thaler.
    These correspond with the GP from the 4.0 system. There are no silver and copper coins. I don't like the idea of people having unlimited money since the normal income of a farmer is like 7 sp a day and you start of with about 700 times that amount which is a fortune, that is like a two year salary in your pouch. To balance it I will adjust the currency system a littlebit, you will still be filthy rich, most likely, but this will put a bit higher tax on your luxurous lives, you bunch of snobs

    Food
    Meal, common 2 thaler
    Meal, feast 10 thaler
    Drink
    Ale, pitcher 1 Thaler
    Wine, bottle 5 Thaler
    Inn stay (per day)
    Typical room 3 Thaler
    Luxury room 12 Thaler

    The rest is pretty much according to the normal GP price, or I will make something up.

    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2015-04-27 at 12:28 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cilvyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands (GMT+1)
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Dark Secrets of Havengul

    You have been called to the holy city of Thraben, the throne of Avacyn’s church and the capital of Innistrad. Normally yuo get orders down the ranks, but this time you have been summoned to the city itself. You thank Avacyn for this honour, being recognized for the loyal soldier of the faith you are.

    Since Avacyn disappeared the nights have grown longer and darker and it is known that there are being held more expeditions against the undead and werewolves. You think you may be summoned to join one of those expedition, which would be a good chance to …….. (whatever your ambition is). When you approach the majestic city you are struck by its great wall, its marvelous gothic architecture and most of all the cathedral which towers high above all other buildings in the city.


    The Cathedral of Thraben

    Once you enter the city gate you emerge into the crowd. You see merchants selling their wares like cabbages, handmade baskets and other goods. Other, more mystical looking figures, hold out charmlike items with the symbol of avacyn which should have protective powers. The city under the influence of the church maintains a high standard of cleanness and order and you walk through the streets amazed by the greatness the city radiates.

    You find your way to the military quarters. Solders pass you by saluting you as their superiors. Cathars are not uncommon, but still respected as they form the elite force of the church and the army, not that Innistrad has a standing army as would have medieval kingdoms in our world (I am a historian, you will get a lot of historical references thrown at you, my apologies), but you get the picture.

    You walk towards the barracks of the senior officers and you enter the building. Inside you see a few others sitting on nicely decorated wooden chairs. In front of them stands an elderly man. He wears light armor covered in holy symbols. His face is scarred and you can’t help to notice several bite-marks on his neck, this man surely must have seen quite some action. You salute the elderly cathar and take a seat among the other cathars. Then the man speaks in a stronger voice than you would expect from such a venerable man.

    The lunarch has summoned you to the capital for an important quest. The Bishop of Nephalia is struggling to keep his people under control, the light of Avacyn is fading and in the city of Havengul are increasingly more zombie attacks. Of course we know that this port is a stronghold of unholy practices, but now it is worse than ever.

    We have knowledge of a cult in the underground of the city. They call themselves ''the Skaabherren' or lords of the undead in common tongue. Using forbidden alchemy they stitch corpes together and creat fearsome monsters that terrorize the faithfull people. We have to purge these heretics and bring the light to the outskirts of this lands ourselves, now Avacyn no longer guides us.


    The man pauses for a second, closes his eyes and brings his hand to his heart, with his other hand leaning on his walking stick.


    I feel a great darkness coming from the west. The sea brings nothing but evil and it is spreading land inwards. The faul beasts of the moon are closing in from the north, vampires from the east.

    He turn around and looks deep in your eyes.


    Those damned bloodsucking animals, beware of them for they are also hiding in the darkness of Havengul.

    I send you, warriors of the church, to Havegul to uncover this cartel of corpsetraders and devilish alchemists by any means necessary. Be wary though, the townsfolk are not too happy when the church interferes in their affairs and may have been corrupted by their folklore and superstitions. Trust no one, even the mightest of cathars have fallen and have been turned to that which they hunted so passionatly.

    You will ride tomorrow, I have personally sought out a fine establishment where you can spend the night, get to know eachother and pray. Tomorrow there will be a market where you can get any wares you might still need.


    The man sighs and leans heavily on his walkingstick. He hands you a carefully sealed letter with the symbol you know so well and shows you the door.

    With the group you walk through the city as the sun sets. Like every evening it gets cold and a sinister shadow creeps over the rooftops of the houses. However you have seen some horrors in your life, a shiver goes down your spine and you quicken your step to get to the inn as fast as you can. It is a nice establishment, not worthy of a nobleman but from the windows shines a warm light, the scent of roasted beef meets you when you approach the inn-door.

    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2015-04-26 at 12:03 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Thomas shivers as he nears the inn, placing his hand on the handaxe by his side as he stares into the shadows, almost daring the darkness to come on and fight him, before knocking twice on the door to the inn. Before anyone has a chance to reply, he has forced open the door and stepped inside, finding the nearest unoccupied table and gesturing to his companions to take the available seats.

    "Well gentlemen, what do you suggest we do now? I think we should have an early night, and get some rest before we enter that den of thieves tomorrow. Though, of course, I'm open to suggestions."

    His speech is firm and commanding, but friendly as well.
    Last edited by DragonBones; 2015-04-26 at 02:25 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Timaeus had been taught how to respond in these situations. He was to defer to the elder Cathars, it was his place to be a weapon, and a weapon would always have a wielder.

    "If you think rest will do us well, then let's go inside. I could do with some food."

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cilvyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands (GMT+1)
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    When you open the door, you see a corridor of about six feet (2 meters) broad. It is about 18 feet long (5 meters) and leads to a small room. The corridor is not very high and if you are a tall person you have to watch out not to hit your head against the heavy wooden beams and a small lantern that does not radiate much light.

    At the right side of the hallway you see a few barrels against the wall and once you step inside you hear ‘eeep eeeep’. Two small mice run from under the barrels to a hole in the other wall and disappear from sight.
    About four steps in there is a door to your left. It is an old wooden door, but nothing special. It could be the door to a living room or a bedroom. You don’t however hear any noises coming from behind the door. You do however hear voices from further away in the corridor supposedly from behind the wall in the room at the end of the corridor.

    You can see In the dim light a stove against the wall in the room. There is no one in what seems to be a kitchen. Sometimes the vouces become louder and you hear laughter from behind the kitchen. You look at eachother questioning what to do...

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    The bitter cold did not bother Boris that much, he had felt 10 times worse in the past. As he and the other Cathars approach the in Boris inspects it from the outside.
    "Not the kind of place I would usally be staying at, but I am sure I will be comfortable" he thinks to himself before entering the door.

    After hearing the voices and laughter the grizzled veteran continues do the hallway trying to find the common room.
    "It must be this way, boys" he says to the rest of the party as he walks.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    "Sigh...I was hoping for this be more independent work..." Stanley follows the others in. "I wish Dietrich was here, he's strange, but he understands." He continues his thoughts as he follows the other in.

    "I think rest before an engaging day would do us well, though the food and drink sound good and well first."
    Spoiler: What am I?
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    Dark Secrets of Havengul 4e:
    OOC; IC

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Timaeus had been taught the value of silence. He knew that he was not supposed to speak unless it was necessary. A weapon must be silent, as well as deadly. He followed the others down the corridor, but kept his senses sharp in case of trouble.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Active Perception Roll: (1d20+7)[12]

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Thomas is unnerved slightly by the mice, and heads towards the back of the kitchen, trying to find a member of staff.
    "If there's trouble, meet back in this corridor."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cilvyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands (GMT+1)
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Then you walk to the kitchen, suddenly there appears a woman. She is dressed in a typical femamine white dress with brown jacket and a dirty appron. She is in her early thirties and has darkbrown hair in a bun on her head. She lets out a high scream when she sees the four men in the corridor of her kitchen.
    For a second you are struck by confudion, then you notice you must have taken the backdoor and you are in the kitchen of the inn.

    The woman takes up a rolling pin and takes a few steps back. Then a man appears holding a large knife, but once he sees you he drops it on the ground and bows with one hand grabbing his wafe and pulls her near him and makes her bow as wel.

    Gentlemen, please forgive me and my wife. We were affraid it were robbers or worse...the skaab. I apologize for this ill welcome not worthy if your status. If yuo wish a place for the night, please follow me. We have a warm fire, music and wine on the house for you gentlemen.

    He pokes his wife with his elbow. She drops the rolling pin and stammers

    Ye.. yes, a thousand apologies good sirs

    The man takess you through the door of the kitchen to where the voices came.


    The inn has about 10 tables in 15 by 30 square feet (5 by 10 meter) living room. The floor is wood and kept rather clean. There is a warm fire burning at the left side of the living room and on the walls you see some paintings of local artists. Most of them are landscapes of Gavony and you also see some paintings of Avacyn herself (You could compare it with a painting of jezus making a sign of blessing in the western world). A lone lute player sits near the fite place. he sings songs in a geavonian dialect.

    Spoiler: Inn
    Show




    Seen from the entrance (relativly at the east, you came from the south), in the far left corner sits an old man in tattered clothes. He holds an magnefying glass in front of his eyes and he is bended over some old documents.

    There are six farmers sitting at the table right at the entrance. they all salute you when you walk in. one of them, a younger farmboy stands up, looking a little frightened at you and makes the sign of avacyn before he sits down, looks at you when you pass by, but quickly looks away when you look back at him. (putting your fists together and sticking up your thumbs while making a short bow. Most people just stick up their thumb and hold it against their chest while nodding. The first one is more official).

    The innkeeper seats you at the other large table and his wife walks behind him holding a platter with a beautiful flask with wine She also puts down mastercrafted dishes on the table for you. You know they don't serve that kind of dinnerset to normal guests.

    She puts down the flask on your table together with four even fine looking glasses.

    The rooms are upstairs, we have rooms with three beds each. I did not expect any other guests so if you like to have your own room, I won't charge extra for it. It is a pleasure to have gast of such status in my humble establishment

    They both stand at your table a bit nervous, seemingly waiting for you to dismiss them.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Boris takes his seat and looks up at the serving woman. "Thank you my fair lady, might I know the price for a some of your fine wine?". Boris looks around the room to see how many people recognize him. He tries his best to be charitable and friendly to the lower class but there are always a select few that resent him for his fame. Being the cautios fellow that he is, Boris tries to look for any unsavoury looks.
    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+2)[15]
    Boris is scanning peoples faces to find any resentful looks.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    "A refreshing meal sounds exactly what should be in order."

    Stanley looks around trying to gauge any suspicious intent.
    Spoiler: Insight Check
    Show

    Insight(1d20+8)[9]
    Spoiler: What am I?
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    Dark Secrets of Havengul 4e:
    OOC; IC

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cilvyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands (GMT+1)
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    The woman looks at you wondering for a second then she shakes her head. No m'lord this one is on the house for our ill welcome. Please forgive us, we are not used to such high placed men of the church in our humble establishment.

    She pours you four glasses of wine and goes back to the kitchen with her husband to prepare something to eat for you.

    In the room sit sex farmers at the other large table close to the main entrance of the room. They have a oncversation about crops and their nagging wifes. One of them is still a boy of about 13 years old. You guess his father took him with him to the city. They don't look familiar to you and they also do not recognize you. Looking at their clothes and their accent they most likely are from a village nearby. Most villages may on the rolling landscape sometimes walled off with wood and the farm lands around it. It would not be uncommon for farmers to travel to the capital to sell their wares and stay for a few days untill they sold everything and bought other products to take home again.

    The old man in the corner keeps a few small cages on his table as wel, you hear the twittering of small insects. He is bald and wears a prestigious looking blue robe. He scribles on old documents while mumbling to himself. 'Mh..Nei, dat werks nocht' He shakes his head and scrathes a line of texts and continues working, sometimes looking fixated to one of the insects on his table. The man does not look familiar and won't look at you, too occupied with his work, unless you explicitly would draw his attention. The man seems not to do anything dangerous unless one of the insects would be a dangerous spieces. Although it is surely weird to keep them in little cages, but well, you have seem stranger things in your life, everyone their own hobby.

    After a while the woman comes back in with 4 fancy looking plates. She serves you and asks the farmers for another round, but further let you eat and talk in peace.

    Spoiler: Languages please read all
    Show

    I will try to use different langauges for the dialects. My intention is that you, without a translation, should be able to understand about 20-30% as a native english speaker (as a common speaker IC, but if I make this true OOC as wel, the effect is better) IN this case I will mix, English, German and Dutch.

    In this case the man says in Nephalian: 'Mh, no that doesn't work'

    Next time only read the spoiler if you can indeed speak the language that is spoken, you are however free to translate it as best as you can with your own knowledge of languages and roleplay according to what you think is said. or ask anyone in the party who does speak the language.
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2015-04-27 at 08:12 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Timaeus had been taught to leave the thinking to better Cathars than himself. If food and drink were what was recommended, he should partake as well. A weapon must be kept sharp.

    "I would like some food as well." He says to the woman.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Boris looks at the men at the table.
    "It occurs to me that I haven't formaly introduced myself". Boris stands up out of his seat. He has great posture and his hands are folded behind his back.
    "The name is Sir Boris Burkham of Thraben at your service, of course if you know your local Thraben history you would have already known that". Boris bows politely to his comrades and returns to his seat. Boris smiles at the party, he appears very warm and friendly. "As you can see I am quite older than all of you but I can assure you that I can still pull my own weight. I will not be a liablilty to our cause".
    He smiles warmly and strokes his short, grey beard. He then takes a modest sip of his wine. So howbout we get to know each other? I don't know about you but I sure like to know who will be shedding blood with me". He smiles warmly again and takes another sip of wine.
    Last edited by Lank; 2015-04-27 at 08:38 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    "Yeah sure, I hunt and track evil, preferably in caves and in the forest. Any thing else you care about?" Stanley replies gruffly. This a dangerous job like all the others, trust is important to build, but it opens the door to revealing things best left unknown.

    "You want to tell us about yourself, that's fine, I can listen as I eat." Hungry from the feral instinct inside, Stanley glad to have a bite to eat. As he has practiced though, he keeps his etiquette noticeable well for a man of the woods.
    Spoiler: What am I?
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    Dark Secrets of Havengul 4e:
    OOC; IC

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    "I am Timaeus. I was raised and trained here by the Avacynian Church to be a Cathar. It is good to work with such experienced monster hunters." Timaeus had been taught to be careful about revealing too much about himself. It would not do to raise suspicion.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    "The name's Thomas Utterson, son of the late John Utterson. You may have heard of my father, he was a hero in the small village I called home, a great tactical genius. He died in battle ten years ago, and I've dedicated my remaining time to studying his tactical journals. As a result, I know more about tactics than any of you combined, though of course," here he nods towards Boris, "I defer to age."

    Thomas takes a sip of the wine, nods to himself, and makes a note in his journal which he removes from his coat, before returning it to the concealed pocket.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Boris dislikes Thomas's remark about knowing more about tactics than the other three combined but he lets it pass as he probably wouldn't lie about something like that."You fellas every hear of Lorholt's Fist? You are all probably too young to remember. We put down more undead than I care to remember". Boris pauses breifly and seems to be reminiscing. "Ah those were the days. It all changed when we went after some vampires in a cave in rural Gavony. Bastard collapsed the floor beneath us". Boris leans in and his voice sound cery somber. "Two days we fought endless waves of undead in some sort of subterrain arena. In tge end I was the only survivor. My captor however was impressed by this feat and spared my life". Boris pauses for a moment. "I wish that smug vampire had killed me then and there if it meant not having to live with the fact that the one responsible for my teams death would go unpunished. One day I will find Calvoris and I swear I will strap him to the wall and watch him burn at sunrise"
    Last edited by Lank; 2015-04-28 at 12:31 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cilvyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands (GMT+1)
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    The farmers near you chat freandly with eachother. The fire burns, yellow flames licking the wood piled up in the fireplace. With the darkness outside, the warm light on the wood creates a very cozy atmosphere.

    Once you mention your name Utterson, a few faces turn your way. Once you make eye contact the farmers nod with respect, now they know who you are.

    The old man in the corner also hears you speak and once he hears to story about Calvoris he gets up and comes at your table.

    Burkham, are you not? Lorholt's Fist, I do remember the tales. if you look closely you see several insects crawling over the fabric of his robe. Lorholt's Fist... Yes, yes brave souls, I wondered where you went all the sudden when the stories stopt. but Here you are alive and wel Sir Burkham, it is an honour.

    The man bows and pushes a cricket that crawls on his neck back into his robe.

    Where are you fine gentlemen heading if I may ask? I have seen many cathars in my life, but they always have a certain mission. I am just curious and hope you can share a interresting story.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    "Greetings friend, it is nice to be in such fine company this evening. We are all Cathars here. We will be heading out of Gavony tomorrow morning, but I am afraid the details of our mission are classified. Personally I would love to tell everyone of our duty but I am afraid that would be frowned upon by the head honchos". Boris smiles at the man. "I will shout you a drink good sir. A drink for this man on me!" he calls out to the serving girl.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cilvyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands (GMT+1)
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    The mans eyes dwell to one of the two empty chairs at your table. May I? he sits down and thankfully takes a glass from the serving girl. He raises his glass to you.

    To our cathars, that you may purge evil from this lands and live long enough to see a better future.

    I understand completely, friend, that you cannot tell the details of your mission. Sure there is something you can tell a local enthousiast?


    He seems really impressed by your prestigious occupation and looks at you with almost worshipping eyes.

    Spoiler: DragonBones
    Show

    You suspect the man has something to hide, he seems very friendly but it is a little too overdone for your taste. He could of course be just a very enthousiastic man, but there might be more behind this than just curiousity. Besides his appearance and the fact that he keeps bugs and insects in his clothes mildly disturbs you.
    If you are not DragonBones and you could not help to look at the spoiler, let me know. It is nothing to be ashamed of, but then I will send PMs and not tempt you with putting more spoilers in the IC .

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Thomas rises and pats the old man on the back in a friendly manner, "I see you have an interest in insects, I spent a good year or two studying the intricate ways of the creatures myself. I found crickets most fascinating. Their chirping was unlike anything I had heard before. But, I digress. Perhaps I can be of assistance in your studies, whatever they may be?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Thomas has not studied insects for any number of years, and while his father's journals covered pretty much everything they did not go into detail on insects much. As a result he is making a Bluff check.
    Bluff check: (1d20+8)[22]
    Last edited by DragonBones; 2015-04-28 at 11:40 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Stanley watches the conversation with passing interest, he feels a small urge to break free and run through the woods, its hard to tell if it's from his upbringing or the curse. Maybe if he joins in he wont notice it.

    "Your company is welcomed, but you need not give us such praise. Everyone serves an equal part right? I'm honestly nothing more than a trapper or hunter, it just happens to be for werewolves and vampires. I concur with Thomas let hear more about a common man like yourself."
    Last edited by rafet; 2015-04-28 at 01:51 PM.
    Spoiler: What am I?
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    Dark Secrets of Havengul 4e:
    OOC; IC

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    Timaeus kept quiet and focused on eating his food. He had been taught it was not his place to interact with the citizens without permission.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cilvyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands (GMT+1)
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    The man looks at Thomas happily surprized.

    "Oh how wonderful, a fellow scholar. ohh yes these little creatures are fascinating." He takes a cricket on his hand and let it walk over his fingers. "Aren't they beautiful, I studied them for many years." He sighs "Don't you sometimes just want to spead your wings and fly off, no one cares who you are, just a little insect inthe grass living a happy, short, but mostly happy life."

    "Oh a common man, I not just common, hah, I am an intellectual, not like... you know..." he points his head in the direction of the farmers. "I mean someone needs to work the fields, but the people who matters are we, we bring change to this world with the book and the sword right?"

    "You can at least tell me to where you will go? that wouldn't be to much to ask?" The man takes a pose like he is expecting a good story."It's not like you will see me again, what's the hurt?"
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2015-04-28 at 03:53 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    This man was suspicious. Timaeus had been taught that men who asked too many questions, or the same question many times, were not to be trusted.

    "If you will never see us again, why do you need to know where we will go?" He asked with a mouth full of food.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    "With all due respect the humble farmer is the bedrock of our civilisation. We both rely on each other. The farmers grow the food, the Cathars eat said food, the farmers are prey for undead, the Cathars kill the undead. Like I said before I am technically a low ranking Cathar. I can not risk my own job for your curiosity. There are eyes and ears everywhere, if I give you information then I am putting you at risk of people against our most noble of causes who would threaten you and your loved ones. Please respect my wishes as it is for your own safety".

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cilvyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Netherlands (GMT+1)
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    The odd man makes an 'ooohh' face (sorry I have no idea how to describe this in English ) Yes, yes of course my savety, and your of course, noble cathars

    I study the creatures to see if, and you should not speak of this to others, for your own savety, he winks I can see a link between humans and insects, maybe it tells us more about why humans can become vampires, why the moon turns them into savages beast, like a larva turns into a cocoon and into an insect. he is ignoring your statement about peasants being the bedrock of society.

    The innkeeper comes into the living room. Last round people, we're closing down, it is dark ourside He comes up to your table If you gentlemen need to stay up longer and discuss your holy duties I have a backroom you can use. I could provide some wine for you there, but I will go to bed with my family. The farmers thank the innkeeper, put some thaler on the table and leave the inn.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC GROUP 2] Dark Secrets of Havengul

    As the old man talks of humans turning into beasts, Stanley becomes curious about what knowledge he may know, "Could he help me remove the curse?" is he leading thought. Quickly followed "Can I trust him?"

    "I'd like to hear more of your research, though as my associate said, we cannot tell you anything of our work. Should we adjourn to the backroom?"
    Last edited by rafet; 2015-04-29 at 07:06 AM.
    Spoiler: What am I?
    Show
    My Games
    Demon Lord-Mepudon 4e:
    Recruitment;OOC;IC
    Dark Secrets of Havengul 4e:
    OOC; IC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •