Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default TheEmperor's Curse of the Cheatsy Doodles IC

The die is cast, the cards are shuffled, and the fires kindled. The fate of an entire city hangs in the balance, to fall to chaos or to absolute tyranny, and there are none in a position to hold it up, from what most can see. But I see everything. I see hope. I see destruction. I see hellfire. Let the trysts begin.

Standing before the home you've learned to be the home of a minor fortune teller who goes by the name of Zellara, there is not much to the house that seems out of the ordinary. It blends in perfectly with it's surroundings, fitting in quite well along with the neighboring houses, although the more astute amongst the three of you may notice the fact that there seems to be no signs of any one being home in any of the houses on this street. However, considering it is peak work time, this is not surprising, for such work is absolutely required to stay alive in the poorer parts of Korvosa.

All three of you have arrived here together, as all of you are connected through either your hunt for the bastard of a man, Gaedren, or another obligation to your 'somewhat' friends. One of you would not have come along, had it not been for the mysterious fact that the harrow cards that the others received, appearing right next to their prized blades, also came to you, with the same words, but a tiny addition that read "As you are bound, I would wish for you to come along with your new comrades, for the coming of Dawn upon the shadow that is Lamm would be necessary."

Upon entering it, you find exactly what you expected. The cozy chamber within this small home is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

How stereotypical of a Harrow Reader's home.
    Last edited by TheEmperor; 2015-04-25 at 03:10 PM.
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!
    (Yeah call me empy, and also I am not actually female)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: TheEmperor's Curse of the Cheatsy Doodles IC

' The Burnished Light - Alari Dawn

The women walked the streets proudly, with a straight back, and a spring in her step. The royal golden garb of her House shamelessly, brazenly adorned her armor and embroidery. There was no doubt she was a royal, perhaps some foreign princess. The two women at her sides looked fair, and fine with their blades upon their hips. One of the women at her side, seemingly down-trodden wore a fanciful golden and brown scarf, baring the same house color and sigil of a crest of a waning half-sun. The House of Dawn. Her hand rested upon her massive broad blade at her hip. It's scabbard was as outrageously lavish as the cloths she wore. Gleaming brightly, with a dull glow, and wrapped with supple brown doe-leather at its fore, where the wide half-basket hilt met with the sheath's mouth. The blades shape held an odd slight curve, while its pommel was of an exotic ebony with a two-section grip, and an outrageous golden cruciform hilt guard that bore a strange seal. (Taldorian to those who recognize it). Her gleaming silvered hair was tied neatly up by a fine silken cloth with silver woven in its fabric. Her parade armor was unquestionably custom-made baring the same sun-sigil and colors. The women's massive sword at her hip was as tall as her, for her diminutive stature was evident. Standing only 5'4'' with a sword with a 4' cutting blade. The sword looked more for show then actual combat. Though upon her back rested two additional blades. Fine dark wood and leather sheaths held them in place. Both of the weapons pointed in the same direction, to the right. While the sword at her hip sat upon her left.

It had only been a little over a day, and things had changed so much. She was not fond of magic and mysteries, and these 'cards', if that was what they indeed were, did not ease her unsettled mind. She wondered just what she had gotten herself into... She promised her new retainer to honor her obligations to this women, Leah, who she still knew almost nothing about. It had only been mere hours since she had woken from being felled in her duel with her steward. Now they followed these bread-crumbs to this shady house because of hearsay and some cards.... for this Gaedren fellow. She signed. Unacceptable. Surly there was better ways to find a man in this city. Nothing seemed to exactly unfold as she had imagined. She reached down and took out her wine-skin taking a long swig.... today of all days, she'd need a good drink.

She took another look at the crumby dilapidated condition of the house pausing..... she took another drink."...Well, I suppose this is the place then." An eerie, well timed gust of wind sent a chill down her spine, the long silk and gold cord at the end of her fanciful blade dangled about. She wouldn't call herself superstitious..... but she was uncomfortable around this sort of business. Her voice shook slightly. "...W-Well, We've not the whole day right... lets just get this over with. I'm telling you this is a waste of time though. Some filthy cards are hardly a clue. By my reckoning, in Old Town, when someone leaves you a card, its an initiation, or a trap... or both. " She put the wine-skin away. She marched up the creeky steps with her chest puffed out, trying not to show her unease. Being the first through the door. She marched in, her breaths quickening. Small beads of sweat budding on her forehead. She pulled out a half-burned cigar with a shaking hand. "...Wha...Gah...B-Bloody hell! " She fipped out her lighter and lit the half burned stick of tobacco. She unleashed the restraints in her mind. regaining her focus. Puffing out a circle of smoke. She took up a defensive posture, cigar in one hand and a green glowing fist out in-front of her. Feeling her Aminus surge through her body. Standing at the ready. "...Alright, Miss-Witch, or whatever! She looked over her shoulder, and whispered to the kitsune " ....Wait... she is a witch right? I mean.. if this is a trap... I mean, you've been looking for, who knows how long for this guy right? " She nodded, affirmingly to herself not waiting for a response. "Alright! Come on out! ...Or we'll come on in!" She took a puff of her cigar, not breathing in the smoke, just enjoying its taste.

She waited for a moment. Keeping her guard up.

Spoiler: ACTIONS
    Show
    Gain Psionic Focus upon entering house.
    If no one else acts. Use Total Defense while waiting for movement.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Natsumi

In her human guise, as she still hadn't told her new 'lord' that she was, in fact, a kitsune, Natsumi pulled at the annoyingly rich looking scarf that'd been draped around her neck. Snarling, she bites her lip, hating the position she's been stuck in, but not yet willing to stab Alari in the back or abandon Leah over it. "Oh relax," 'Sera' said, "It's a lead. Even if it is a trap, we can fight our way out of it without a problem." Opening the door and going in first, she looks around, "Besides, it's not like we've had any better options over the last week. Gaedren is a cockroach and he's a pain to find, I'm not gonna miss this chance just because you're afraid that you'll be turned into a toad. Don't worry about it," she smirks, clearly not big on showing 'respect' despite her position as Alari's retainer, "If whoever called us here does that, I'll give you a kiss." Still, worth noting...scared of witchcraft...might be able to work a way out of this bet with that...

When Alari calls out though, she just puts her hand to her face and shakes her head, "We were invited. There's no point in issuing a challenge. And we're already in."
    Last edited by Desril; 2015-04-25 at 11:21 PM.
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Leah Sparatine, the Heir of Damnation

Leah was still sore about her duel the previous day. Damn the sun. Why were her eyes so sensitive? She didn't remember having trouble like that when she was training with her father...

At least the pompous bitch had been served what she deserved. She had laughed herself breathless when she saw her normally nude companion dolled up in fine livery. She wasn't sure what to make of their new ally. Her crests were familiar, from Taldor's noble house of Athres. But Leah suspected that the woman had stolen them, somehow. But now was not the time for these discussions. Those could come when Lamm was dead and rotting, and she was restored to honor with the Sentinels.

Her dreams had been unusual that night. Hardly a rare occurrence in general, but this time it stood out. She recalled a beautiful woman, with the most beautiful voice she had ever heard. The words were foggy and indistinct, but she knew, somehow, that the woman was trying to tell her something. It was something important...but there was a haze that prevented her from understanding the song. A dark cloud surrounding her. She shivered at the memory...there was a wrongness about that shadow. It was vile.

They arrived at the fortune teller's house, and entered the building.
    This looks fairly well established. Seems unusual for a fortune teller. But if she can help us get to Lamm, I'll work with her.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

If perchance your eye falls onto the table, you are quick to notice that it is clean, and devoid of any form of cutlery or food, and the only thing on it's sheen and pristine wood surface is a piece of paper kept still by a fancy looking glass stone that any one could buy for less than a single gold piece in the markets abound. Reading it is easy, as the writing is clear and easy to read, yet maintains a soft cursive touch that somehow reminds you how a loving mother might write, had you one.

It reads as such: "Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but will return quite shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket beneath the table contains bread and drink for you. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Were you to have read this, and bothered to glance at the materials in the basket this fortune teller mentioned, you would find some homely looking wine, and two loafs of bread, sprinkled with slight bits of cheese and garlic.
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    If perchance your eye falls onto the table, you are quick to notice that it is clean, and devoid of any form of cutlery or food, and the only thing on it's sheen and pristine wood surface is a piece of paper kept still by a fancy looking glass stone that any one could buy for less than a single gold piece in the markets abound. Reading it is easy, as the writing is clear and easy to read, yet maintains a soft cursive touch that somehow reminds you how a loving mother might write, had you one.

It reads as such: "Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but will return quite shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket beneath the table contains bread and drink for you. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Were you to have read this, and bothered to glance at the materials in the basket this fortune teller mentioned, you would find some homely looking wine, and two loafs of bread, sprinkled with slight bits of cheese and garlic.

After a moment on the defensive, she finally noticed the letter. Pausing... putting her hands down, realizing how ridiculous she must look in the empty house. She pointed down at the basket of food. "..Mind you don't eat that. The witch has poisoned it no doubt!" She started stalking through the house ignoring the table. Laying out a battle plan in her mind, looking for false walls, fake floor tiles. Any place a man might hide, to jump out and cut the throats of three drugged women. She slides her golden sword out from its scabbard. Her days of training in Katapesh had made her overly suspicious and fearful of witchcraft. " I'll check the room and closets... Watch the door. "

She begun quickly going through side rooms, and checking for traps, hiding places, and general signs of potential foul-play. She had seen enough men killed in similar places, to scenes such as this. She spoke over her shoulder to Sera, "..You might, be right. This might be a lead. But I'll take no chances. As they say.... 'Better to be safe, then dead'."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Search the House; Perception (1d20+8)[28]
    Readied Action: (Kick) Unarmed Attack (Non-Lethal) if she encounters anyone in the house while searching.

Attack: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage (Non-Lethal): (1d4+5)[6] + (1d6)[4]

Last edited by Mornings; 2015-04-26 at 03:33 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Natsumi

Noticing Leah glancing at her and smirking, amused at her present predicament, Natsumi frowns and glares at her. "Not. A. Word."

Inside, however, she wasn't overly concerned with it being a trap. It was far too elaborate, if whoever summoned them here wanted to kill them, it'd be far easier to slit their throats in their sleep...but there was no point in making Alari feel comfortable. Instead, she stabbed at the nearest bit of fruit with Myrtenaster, biting the apple off the blade in the most deliberate way possible to agitate the paranoid royal.

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Leah Sparatine, The Heir of Damnation

Leah smirks.
    Would I say anything?

She chuckles at the paranoia of the new comrade. Well, she clearly hadn't killed the people she had stolen those sigils from herself.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Alari's paranoia induced search for traps or any fellow who deigned it smart enough to try and assail the three ladies produces nothing but empty scenes around the house that are similar to the main room where she had entered. The search was thorough, and probably enough to comfort the lady if her paranoia with witchcraft was not too high.

When she'd cleared the rest of the house, she came back to a scene that served nothing but to annoy her, with her steward having technically disobeyed her words by eating an apple in the most infuriating manner, and having a discussion with her friend.

Almost immediately after she arrived right back to the room where she entered, the main door opens slowly, although none of you exactly recall closing it. From behind the wooden door appears a pale lady, seeming middle aged yet looking incredibly taxed. Her face lights up as she notices all three of you here, clearly showing her happiness at your appearance as planned. "Ah, ladies! Thank you for coming to my humble abode. Excuse me as I take a seat, as I have had a harrowing day out." she says as she makes her way to a chair near the desk, her smile widening slightly. She motions for you to also sit down, while she retrieves a deck of cards from her person, which looks similar to Harrow cards you received as the message.

Once she has retrieved these cards, she looks to you all, hoping for questions as she deftly shuffles her deck.
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

She sheathed her blade in a reverse grip, sighing as Sera ate the apple off her sword. " ...Really? ...As happy I am not not see you foaming of the mouth and writhing upon the floor... Perhaps alittle more tact. If I recall, that is also how you lost that last duel." She chuckles prodding the women knowing it was still a sore topic. There seemed to be no sign of an ambush, but she still kept her wits about her. The door opened.

She raised her hands up defensively, but seeing the rather frail women... she paused, raising an eyebrow. She bit down on the cigar in the corner of her mouth. Blowing out a circle of smoke, while placing her hands on her hips and puffing out her chest. As if she was some grand hero. " Hello, ma'am. Glad to finally meet you.... Also... apologizes in advance. I searched your house, assuming you were going to drug us and cut our throats. So if anything looks out of place....That'd be me. This isn't exactly how I normally receive a summons. So you'll have to excuse me." She spoke brazenly and shamelessly with a straight face, and no pauses conveying emotion. It was simply in a very matter-of-fact tone that wasn't quite as apologetic as it was just a candid statement.

She tossed down the card on the table.

"So, what's this all about then?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Leah smiles at the old woman's joke, holding up her own card before passing it back.
    If you can help me find Lamm and bring him to justice, I'm more than willing to go along with a little mystery. Though I doubt these will be of much use.
    Her mind ran quickly. No, this woman didn't look like the one from her dream. And the voice wasn't right. It was something else. Something more distant, she could feel that, pressing on the back of her mind. She didn't like it. Her body had been damaged by the vampire. She knew that it could fail. But even when the monster had struck her, her mind had kept burning, pushing her to drag herself from the house. Her mind was her sanctuary. Her mind had never failed her.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

The woman, whose introduction as Zellara has come to your mind, does not seem to take offense at Alari's confession of searching through the house. She simply nods in return, taking another glance at everyone, before beginning to speak in her full capacity.

"I do not think your suspicion out of order, considering your past and the nature of Korvosa. Thank you, my friends, for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. I have reason to remain hidden, you see—a terrible man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This is a man you know, for he has done something terrible to each of you as well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal. You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my Harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my sole means of support. When pickpockets stole it, my son, Eran, tracked them down. The thieves were in the employ of Gaedren Lamm, and in reward for finding them, Gaedren murdered my son." She takes a long breath, and looks down at her cards, the memories she is unfolding before you certainly being very saddening to remember.

"I sought help from the Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my Harrow deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded—I found out where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here at Westpier 17, where he trains his abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures." she continues, lifting her head to show an expression that is some how radiating frustration, yet maintaining a positive tone. She seems quite the masterful of her emotional output.

"And now, I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man on my own, and the Guard moves so slowly that if I were to go to them, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. Even if they did arrest him—what guarantee would I have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. But you know of these frustrations as well, for word on the street has it that Gaedren has wronged each of you, too. So there we are. It is time for him to pay. Will you all help me, and yourselves?"
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Leah stands, drawing Valinia. The blade shines in the sun coming in through the window.
    Madame, I give you my word that Lamm shall be brought to justice. By my blade, and by my honor as the last scion of the house of Sparatine, I swear this to you

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure what it was about Zellara's story that was bothering her, Natsumi shrugged her shoulders at it, deciding to ignore the fishy smell of her tale. If her info is good, then I can use Leah's connections to get out of this damn bet, she thinks to herself while watching her companions' reactions.

Letting Leah have her dramatic declaration, the kitsune stays quiet until she finishes and nods her head. "Just remember that after we force him to clear your name, he doesn't live to the next sunrise."

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    Letting Leah have her dramatic declaration, the kitsune stays quiet until she finishes and nods her head. "Just remember that after we force him to clear your name, he doesn't live to the next sunrise."
    Leah glances at her comrade.
    That depends. I forget when the hangings traditionally occur here in Korvosa. If it happens to be at dawn, that sunrise may be the last thing he sees.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

The golden noble nodded. " I see... Though risking so much for cards. You paid a terrible price, I'm sorry." It was what she said... and what she felt. But something about this women didn't sit right with her. Harrow was the tools of witches and shamans, and tellers of things best left unsaid. She did not trust her, she could be a witch after all. She looked for any sign of feigned recital in the women's words. She'd follow the lead. But she didn't like her... the things were better off burned in her book. " I don't know you. I cannot know if your story is truth or not. But I've sworn to my 'friends'..." She eyed them both pointedly " That I would do all in my power to see this criminal brought to justice. So you have my word as well, we will see this man pays for his crimes."

Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+4)[23]
    EDIT: That was on the witch-lady btw

Last edited by Mornings; 2015-04-28 at 06:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Alari's almost well deserved suspicion, despite it's thorough and drilling natures, seems to find nothing in the ladies smiling face, or her body movements. She seems thoroughly sincere in her words, and none of her emotions is faked, from what you can tell.

When she hears every one of you nod in agreement, she solemnly sticks her cards straight with a slight tap against the table, and then says "I thank all of you, so much for your help. They say that an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind, but when an eye is taken in return for such misdeeds as the ones Lamm has committed, the saying really doesn't apply, does it?"

Bending her neck just slightly to the right, she says, with the small smile never leaving her face "Of course, you are welcome to stay here for longer, although every passing moment that Lamm is alive is another moment of torture for any of the poor orphans who're under him... Say, if you'd want, I could do you some reassurance, and give you all a free reading with my Harrow deck. It might be of help!"
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Alari's almost well deserved suspicion, despite it's thorough and drilling natures, seems to find nothing in the ladies smiling face, or her body movements. She seems thoroughly sincere in her words, and none of her emotions is faked, from what you can tell.

When she hears every one of you nod in agreement, she solemnly sticks her cards straight with a slight tap against the table, and then says "I thank all of you, so much for your help. They say that an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind, but when an eye is taken in return for such misdeeds as the ones Lamm has committed, the saying really doesn't apply, does it?"

Bending her neck just slightly to the right, she says, with the small smile never leaving her face "Of course, you are welcome to stay here for longer, although every passing moment that Lamm is alive is another moment of torture for any of the poor orphans who're under him... Say, if you'd want, I could do you some reassurance, and give you all a free reading with my Harrow deck. It might be of help!"

She eyed the aging women closely. Measuring her words, yet could find no sign of a feigned tale. She listened to her words and nodded. " You're right, every moment wasted, is another crime left unpunished." At the lady's words of Horrow though, she draws the line. She lifts up her hands, and shakes her head quickly. " N-No... None of that now... Save your 'gifts' for another, perhaps. We'll go, we'll stop him. We'll bring him to justice. But I've no desire to hear your witchcraft. " She turned to her company tentatively, staying readied, still suspecting the women. " Lets go... You were right, we have our lead, your answers." She began stepping backwards, keeping her back towards the door. " ...Thank you for your information. Please... don't get up. We'll be leaving now....Farewell...scary witch-lady"

Spoiler: Readied Action
    Show
    (Readied) Leaping-Charge Over Table at any sudden movements or if she approaches/rises/Harrow(WITCHCRAFT) (DC12:Acrobatics): (1d20+11)[25]
    Flying Drop-Kick (Unarmed Attack/Non-Lethal) (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage (1d4+5)[9] + (1d6)[5]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Leah almost laughs at Alari's discomfort.
    My companion may be afraid, but I am not. Deal your cards, and let us see if there is still anything to the Harrow.
    She does, however, also position herself between Alari and Zellara, blocking the line of charge.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

The women broke into a cold sweat at the women's words. " Surly we don't need any of that... we know where to go... lets be off." Her back hit the door, she fumbled around with one hand behind her trying to grasp the door's handle, before finally finding it. " If you really must insist though... I'll.. wait outside." She opened the door, and half way closed it, leaving it ajar, standing upon the steps. Looking out at the empty streets. She sighed. This was going to be troublesome and she knew it. She looked around outside. Perhaps the witch has spies about....

Show
    Perception: (1d8+8)[16]

Last edited by Mornings; 2015-04-29 at 04:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Natsumi

Having had a Harrow reading before, though usually while working a scam or in a convoluted betting game, the kitsune didn't mind, but nor did she care. At least, not until Alari made it apparent that she was extremely uncomfortable with the idea. Grinning, she moves to stop her from leaving. "Now, now, boss, a Harrow can bring good fortune. I'd be neglecting my duties if I didn't force you to stay and gain the blessing of fate."

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Natsumi

Having had a Harrow reading before, though usually while working a scam or in a convoluted betting game, the kitsune didn't mind, but nor did she care. At least, not until Alari made it apparent that she was extremely uncomfortable with the idea. Grinning, she moves to stop her from leaving. "Now, now, boss, a Harrow can bring good fortune. I'd be neglecting my duties if I didn't force you to stay and gain the blessing of fate."
    She slides away from the women, her new squire. " I appreciate your...dedication and service, but I'll have no part with this witchcraft! Hear the crone's words if you wish, but we have our lead. There is little else to tarry here for... The trickery and lies of the cunning witches of the lands of Okeno, which I have traveled, know no bounds, and the sword master's have taught me to be weary of such things, and their foul enchantments... but I will not stop you if you care to hear her words. Perhaps she is good witch', if such thinga exist here within The Inner Sea, but I've no mind to find out."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

The pale woman smiles, seeing that Natsumi clearly wants to force this individual into an uncomfortable position. She might as well help. After all, she does owe her friend for her harsh words the day before.
    What's wrong? Are you scared of an old woman with a deck of cards, using a form of magic that died ages ago? What, do you sleep with a light on as well?

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Zellara raises her hands, propped up with her elbows on the table, having a slightly worried smile on her face now. You get the feeling she doesn't exactly appreciate being called a witch, or having her only source of living being called "dead magic", but perhaps she doesn't say anything because she's used to such words. "It is quite alright if she does not trust the Harrow, for there have been practitioners of similar magics that have done terrible things, but notice I say similar magics. Even then, I request for you to not trouble her. Please, if you're ready, do sit down."
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Natsumi

"No, I'm sure she doesn't mean to insult you. As an apology, she'll accept your offer, as will I." Grinning, the kitsune grabs Alari's wrist and tries to drag her toward the table, "Please, sit."

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Natsumi

"No, I'm sure she doesn't mean to insult you. As an apology, she'll accept your offer, as will I." Grinning, the kitsune grabs Alari's wrist and tries to drag her toward the table, "Please, sit."

She glared at the women inside, 'dead magic', she wouldn't call it magic at all. Just a tool used by foul-witches in their illusions and misleading sleights. That later end of her words caught her off guard though. She turned red faced, glaring daggers at the women, about to challenge her to a duel right their for her insult. But her squire stepped between them with a big grin on her face. She dragged her back in " no,no,no...stop that...she's a witch!" She was dragged to a seat at the table. She cleared her throat, looking away from the women while blowing smoke from her cigar, still held firmly in the corner of her mouth. She put on her game-face. Looking as confident as she could, not looking at the women directly. " Well, alright then.... get on with it."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Leah smiles as she sits.
    Of course Madame. Please, begin.

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

With everyone having calmed down, Zellara takes a quick breath, before gazing at her cards with an expression of extreme attention. She shuffles them, while saying "For the first choosing...", and then proceeds to smack the deck on the table, very lightly, before sliding her hands in order to make a line of face down cards.

"Please, do draw one of them." she says, as she backs off via leaning back onto her chair.

Spoiler
    Show

Leah: The Vision, CN
    Natsumi: The Uprising, CN
    Alari: The Eclipse, LE
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

With everyone having calmed down, Zellara takes a quick breath, before gazing at her cards with an expression of extreme attention. She shuffles them, while saying "For the first choosing...", and then proceeds to smack the deck on the table, very lightly, before sliding her hands in order to make a line of face down cards.

"Please, do draw one of them." she says, as she backs off via leaning back onto her chair.

Spoiler
    Show

Leah: The Vision, CN
    Natsumi: The Uprising, CN
    Alari: The Eclipse, LE

She looked at the card in the corner of her eye. She dragged it across the table to get a better look. Tense, and ready to jump from the table... "....What? What, exactly is this supposed to mean to me? ...What's you're angle?" She bit down on her cigar, blowing smoke across the table, convinced she was being toyed with, and her 'friends' had dragged her into this charade.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Leah raises the card, looking at it.
    So, are you able to explain what they mean, or are they just meant to be ominous?

Kelon by nijashe

Extended Sig