New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

VOTING IS HERE

What is a soulmeld (or a veil, see below). Well, they are items crafted from your soul.

They have a Name, Fluff, an effect, a bonus that scales with essentia invested, and some Chakra locations.

Remember to get permission for posting and to post permission for yourself if you want one made.

Now that the formalities are out of the way, I have a special message from Sslarn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Also, I would be all over a GitP regulars as soulmelds/veils. In fact....
    If Master of Ceremonies Snowbluff starts the thread, this coming Friday we could hold a vote for all the veils made using the Akashic Mysteries rules, and the best one could be featured in the upcoming Supplemental release, with an honorable mention for both the author and the forum-goer the veil is based on in the foreword. How's that sound?
    Doesn't that sound swell?

Since I'm not initiated in the specifics, here is his explanation:
    Spoiler: He even went as far to describe the classes in the book.
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    In DSP's Akashic Mysteries, "Veils" take the place of soulmelds, and the characters that previously would have been referred to as meldshapers are now called veilweavers. Veils work very similarly to soulmelds, but they do not interfere with item slots. Essentia is now simply Essence. Formatting between veils and soulmelds is close enough to identical that if you can write up one, you should be able to do the other. For copyright and ease of use reasons, DSP doesn't use the Heart/Crown/etc. verbage, instead just categorizing veils by the slot(s) they occupy (Hands, Feet, Wrist, etc.)
    The three new Akashic classes are:

The Vizier: The Akashic "wizard", the Vizier steps into the shoes previously filled by the Incarnate. Leaning towards AoE and control effects, the Vizier is an Int-based veilweaver who has a special veil slot for Ring veils, and can eventually shape a ring veil on each hand.

The Guru: Lacking a direct analogue in MoI, the Guru is the Akashic skill-monkey. Gurus are Wis-based combatants who gain a special ability called Gentle Touch that allows them to deal additional damage with their selection of Philosophy weapons, though all this damage is converted to nonlethal (subdual). Gurus learn how to focus this damage into combat-oriented debuffs, and unlock the ability to use Gentle Touch even against undead and constructs. Guru veils are predominantly focused on technical or reactive abilities (for example, there's a Belt veil that can divert attacks that would drop them below zero 1/round, and a Headband veil that can reflect attacks that would daze or stun the veilweaver).

The Daevic: The Daevic is like a combination of the Soulborn and the Totemist. Melee brutes with a large array of natural attack veils and veils designed to facilitate various combat styles, the Cha-based Daevics gain their powers by bonding with Akashic outsiders called daeva who represent primal emotional forces called Passions (Desire, Dominion, Wrath). Desire Daevics rely more heavily on their special abilities and focus on switch-hitting with thrown weapons, Dominion Daevics are better at sword and board and focus on either coordinating allies or cowing enemies, and Wrath Daevics rip **** apart with natural attacks or massively amplified Vital Strikes. Half of a Daevic's veils are actually the physical body of their daeva, and are selected from a preset list associated with their daeva's Passion. The others are freely chosen from the Daevic veil list.

Finally , a special shoutout to LoyalPaladin for agreeing to help, because if I act like I made him do it, it doesn't look like he's been beating me to it.

Permissions

stack
    LoyalPaladin
    PsyBomb
    Lord_Gareth
    Elricaltovilla
    Red Fel
    Troacctid
    Dire_Stirge
    Telonius
    KrimsonNekros
    NeoPhoenix0
    Snowbluff
    WhamBamSam
    IZ42
    atemu1234
    torrasque666
    Threadnaught
    Bad Wolf
    Illven
    Amphetryon
    Ssalarn
    Danzibr
    Milo v3
    Necroticplague
    illyahr
    Keledrath
    Zaydos

Soulmelds and Veils

Loyal Paladin's Spear of Light
    Radiant Halo of the Loyal Paladin

Gareth's Bracers
    Red Fel's Sceptre of Subjugation
    PsyBomb's Uplifting Word
    Warlord's Circlet
    Stack's Third Eye
    Stirge's Stinger
    Breastplate of the Divided
    Frostbite Halo
    Bad Wolf's Pet
    Snowbluff's Minion Band
    Ssalarn's Ring of Disruption
    Danzibr's Crimson Totem
    Neo's Sigil of the Phoenix
    Elric's Utterdark Shield
    The Third Version
    Lyre of Illyahir
    Val's Very Fine Knife
    War-Forged Soul
    Rudisplork[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-06 at 09:30 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

stack consents

Hope to be a useful contributor to this one as I have written a bunch of homebrew veils already.

All the anime gifs make it hard for me to slack off on these threads at work though.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-04-27 at 01:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    All the anime gifs make it hard for me to slack off on these threads at work though.
    I'll keep it a to minimum. We've got SERIOUS WORK TO DO!
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

The LoyalPaladin grants you permission.

Oops... I'll keep it to a minimum as well. Minus my opening post.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-04-27 at 01:33 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I, PsyBomb, give my permission.

... and also claim this space for a shameless plug on my Akashic Mysteries Guides, found in my sig, if you need help understanding the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

6. - Top - End - #6

Last edited by Lord_Gareth; 2015-04-27 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Loyal Paladin's Spear of Light
    Descriptors: Good
    Class: Vizier, Guru
    Slot: Hands
    Saving Throw: Reflex
    Holy light forms into a gleaming spear, ready to plunge into your foe’s evil heart.
    When this veil is shaped, the user gains a weapon of akashic energy, infused with the power of the upper planes. Treat this weapon as a shortspear, except that attacks made with it are melee touch attacks that deal 1d6 holy damage (1D4 if target is good, 1D8 if evil), but gains no benefit from power attack or strength bonus and is finessable. If the spear leaves your possession it dissipates at the end of your turn and can be reformed in your hand again as part of the swift action to invest essence.
    Essence: For each point of Essence invested in this ability the spears damage increases by 1d6. For every 2 essence invested in this veil, the spear’s reach increases by 5’.
    Chakra Bind (Hands): [G3, V2] Binding this Veil to your Hands slot you gain the ability to throw it as a line of 10’ long plus 10’ per point of essence dealing the spear’s damage. Creatures caught in the line receive a reflex save for half damage.

Radiant Halo of the Loyal Paladin
    Descriptors: light, good
    Class: Daevic, Guru, Vizier
    Slot: head
    Saving Throw: reflex
    A ring of golden light floats above your brow, illuminating your path.
    When this veil is shaped, the user gains a halo that sheds light like a torch. Additionally, as a free action, the user may force all enemies within 20’ to make a reflex save or be dazzled for one round. Creatures with a [Good] alignment are immune to this effect. This veil counts as a [light] effect of spell level equal to half your veilweaver level for the purposes of interacting with darkness effects.
    Essence: For each point of essence invested in this veil, the radius of light shed increases by 10’. Additionally, the save DC increases by an additional +1 per two points of essence.
    Chakra Bind (Head):[G8, V6] You may choose a number of creatures within the illumination radius of this veil to instead be blinded for one round upon a failed save and dazzled on a successful save. Blind creatures are immune to this effect.

I had these two ready to go, just had to wait for an appropriate person to apply them to.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-04-27 at 01:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

The Fel abides.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-04-27 at 01:41 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Gareth's Bracers
    Descriptors: none
    Slot: Feet, Wrists
    Saving Throw: none
    You move with stunning speed and fluidity, never caught off guard.
    When this veil is shaped, you gain a +2 insight bonus to initiative and may always act in a surprise round.
    Essence: For each point of Essence invested in this ability your initiative bonus is increased by an +1.
    Chakra Bind (Feet): [D2, G5, V4] Binding this Veil to your Feet slot you gain the Spring Attack feat. Attacks made as part of a spring attack gain +2 bonus damage, +2 per point of Essence. You may make a standard action martial strike in place of a melee attack as part of this spring attack.
    Chakra Bind (Wrist): [D7, V8] Binding this Veil to your Wrist slot allows you to spend a move action to grant an ally within 20’ (+5’ per point of essence) an additional attack. This does not stack with any other source of additional attacks such as haste. For every 2 Point of essence invested in this veil, you can select an additional ally to receive a bonus attack.

For the mobile striker, as Lord Gareth wrote the Harbinger, a ridiculously mobile striker.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-04-27 at 01:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    The Fel abides.
    Descriptors: Evil, Mind-Affecting
    Class: Daevic, Vizier
    Saving Throw: Fort
    The dark power of this mace forces your foes to kneel before you.
    When this veil is shaped, the user gains a weapon of akashic energy, infused with the power of the lower planes. Treat this weapon as a mace. If the mace leaves your possession it dissipates at the end of your turn and can be reformed in your hand again as part of the swift action to invest essence. You may use your veilweaver level in place of your BAB when determining attack bonus and iterative attacks for this weapon.
    Essence: The mace gains an enhancement bonus equal to half the points of essence invested in it.
    Chakra Bind (Hands):[D4, G2, V2] When this veil is bound to your hands slot, once per round when you strike an opponent, they must make a fortitude save or be knocked prone. Creatures that are immune to tripping are instead slowed, as the spell, for one round.
    Chakra Bind (Wrists):[D7, V8] As the wrist bind, but the target suffers a penalty to will saves against charm and dominate effect originating from you equal to 1+essence invested/2 for one round. This is a mind-affecting effect.

12. - Top - End - #12

<Totally awesome content>
    Thanks stack! That rocks! I will figure out how to use this against in Psybomb's campaign.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    I, PsyBomb, give my permission.

... and also claim this space for a shameless plug on my Akashic Mysteries Guides, found in my sig, if you need help understanding the system.

Psybomb's Uplifting Word

Class: Vizier
    Slot: foot, belt
    Saving Throw: will
    Why work harder when you can simply alter the fundamental forces of the universe to do it for you?
    For determining your carrying capacity only, your strength score gains a circumstance bonus of +4 as you reduce the force of gravity on your equipment.
    Essence: The bonus increases by +2 per point of essence.
    Chakra Bind (Feet):[V4] Choose one creature within 25 ft+5 ft/essence. The creature must make a will save or be lifted 5 ft+5ft/essence off the ground. The target takes a –4 penalty to CMD against bull rush, drag, and reposition attempts. A targeted creature that attacks with a melee or ranged weapon finds itself increasingly unstable; the first attack has a –1 penalty on attack rolls, the second –2, and so on, to a maximum penalty of –5. A full-round action spent stabilizing allows the creature to begin again at –1. This effect can be maintained as long as you concentrate on it, to a maximum number of rounds equal to your veilweaver level. Once ended, the creature falls and takes damage as appropriate. Flying creatures that fail their save instead plunge 5 ft + 5 ft/essence toward the ground, taking falling damage as appropriate and lose the flight movement mode until the effect ends.
    Chakra Bind (Belt):[V16] You gain the scorn earth ability of an Elocator. You may now target a number of creatures equal to 1+1/essence with the Feet bind ability as a full round action. You may maintain the affect on all creatures as a move action, though all existing instances of the effect you have ongoing end if used again.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-04-27 at 01:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Bah! I don't have an appropriate one ready for you. I'll actually have to think or risk breaking my streak of having one for everyone.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Well, you certainly don't hesitate when it comes to these new threads. Alright, I'm game.
    Let's get to work. Sadly, since I'm unfamiliar with the details on Veils, this will be a 3.5 Soulmeld.

Warlord's Circlet
    Descriptors: None
    Classes: Incarnate, Soulborn
    Chakra: Crown
    Saving Throw: None
    You call upon the warriors of ages past to inspire your combat prowess. You form incarnum into a wrought crown; when you wear it, you can hear the whispers of great champions, and can see the techniques that made them famous.

While wearing warlord's circlet, you the Martial Study feat. When you reshape this soulmeld, you may select another maneuver that the feat grants you. You must qualify for that maneuver as normal.
    Essentia: You gain an insight bonus to attack rolls equal do the number of points of essentia invested. Unlike most insight bonuses, this explicitly stacks with any similar insight bonuses to attack rolls gained from soulmelds.

Chakra Bind (Crown)
    The crown clings to your temples, thickening until it more resembles a light helmet than a crown. The words of ancient heroes grow clearer now, their inspiration more profound.

You gain the Martial Stance feat. When you reshape this soulmeld and bind it, you may select another stance that the feat grants you. You must qualify for that stance as normal.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-04-27 at 01:55 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Psybomb's Uplifting Word

Slot: foot, belt
    Saving Throw: will
    Why work harder when you can simply alter the fundamental forces of the universe to do it for you?
    For determining your carrying capacity only, your strength score gains a circumstance bonus of +4 as you reduce the force of gravity on your equipment.
    Essence: The bonus increases by +2 per point of essence.
    Chakra Bind (Feet):[V4] Choose one creature within 25 ft+5 ft/essence. The creature must make a will save or be lifted 5 ft+5ft/essence off the ground. The target takes a –4 penalty to CMD against bull rush, drag, and reposition attempts. A targeted creature that attacks with a melee or ranged weapon finds itself increasingly unstable; the first attack has a –1 penalty on attack rolls, the second –2, and so on, to a maximum penalty of –5. A full-round action spent stabilizing allows the creature to begin again at –1. This effect can be maintained as long as you concentrate on it, to a maximum number of rounds equal to your veilweaver level. Once ended, the creature falls and takes damage as appropriate. Flying creatures that fail their save instead plunge 5 ft + 5 ft/essence toward the ground, taking falling damage as appropriate and lose the flight movement mode until the effect ends.
    Chakra Bind (Belt):[V16] You gain the scorn earth ability of an Elocator. You may now target a number of creatures equal to 1+1/essence with the Feet bind ability as a full round action. You may maintain the affect on all creatures as a move action, though all existing instances of the effect you have ongoing end if used again.
    Interesting, and fits the BFC theme for some Viziers, just need to work on editing a bit (defining action types, saying that the Belt actually gives access to the Feet ability as well as changing its targets). Not a fan of the base effect at all, though.

Finishing up yours as well, had a wording issue. I'll also be posting one for Lord_Gareth (and interestingly enough, it was for all three classes as well)

Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

17. - Top - End - #17

Finally , a special shoutout to LoyalPaladin for agreeing to help, because if I act like I made him do it, it doesn't look like he's been beating me to it.
    I thought about putting up a fight, but then I figured "I'm going to catalog everything anyways." So I've decided to accept your shout out.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Let's get to work. Sadly, since I'm unfamiliar with the details on Veils, this will be a 3.5 Soulmeld.

Warlord's Circlet
    Classes: Incarnate, Soulborn
    Chakra: Crown
    Saving Throw: None
    You call upon the warriors of ages past to inspire your combat prowess. You form incarnum into a wrought crown; when you wear it, you can hear the whispers of great champions, and can see the techniques that made them famous.

While wearing warlord's circlet, you gain the Martial Study feat. When you reshape this soulmeld, you may select another maneuver that the feat grants you. You must qualify for that maneuver as normal.
    Essentia: You gain an insight bonus to attack rolls equal do the number of points of essentia invested. Unlike most insight bonuses, this explicitly stacks with any similar insight bonuses to attack rolls gained from soulmelds.

Chakra Bind (Crown)
    The crown clings to your temples, thickening until it more resembles a light helmet than a crown. The words of ancient heroes grow clearer now, their inspiration more profound.

You gain the Martial Stance feat. When you reshape this soulmeld and bind it, you may select another stance that the feat grants you. You must qualify for that stance as normal.
    You made me a soulborn soulmeld? Red, I thought we were friends...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Descriptors: Evil, Mind-Affecting
    Class: Daevic, Vizier
    The dark power of this mace forces your foes to kneel before you.
    When this veil is shaped, the user gains a weapon of akashic energy, infused with the power of the lower planes. Treat this weapon as a mace. If the mace leaves your possession it dissipates at the end of your turn and can be reformed in your hand again as part of the swift action to invest essence. You may use your veilweaver level in place of your BAB when determining attack bonus and iterative attacks for this weapon.
    Essence: The mace gains an enhancement bonus equal to half the points of essence invested in it.
    Chakra Bind (Hands):[D4, G2, V2] When this veil is bound to your hands slot, once per round when you strike an opponent, they must make a fortitude save or be knocked prone. Creatures that are immune to tripping are instead slowed, as the spell, for one round.
    Chakra Bind (Wrists):[D7, V8] As the wrist bind, but the target suffers a penalty to will saves against charm and dominate effect originating from you equal to 1+essence invested/2 for one round. This is a mind-affecting effect.
    Interesting. Most interesting. I like how it substitutes veilweaver level for BAB, that's quite clever. Is that uncommon with veils? I think you may have some typos, however - I assume that the G2 under Hands means that it gets used by Gurus, but you don't list them under classes, and under Wrist you mention "as the wrist bind." I love that the veil knocks things prone, that's clever, but the real fun bit is the susceptibility to charm and dominate effects. That brings new definition to knocking someone silly. I do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    You made me a soulborn soulmeld? Red, I thought we were friends...
    Soulborn and Incarnate. Did you forget that part? It fits both, categorically; there are a number of Incarnate/Soulborn melds, and this one fits that model. Besides, this one actually takes a major step in making Soulborn functional, and the high-BAB class benefits from maneuvers. Or you can turn an Incarnate into a Swordsage with this. Either way. It draws from both the Impulse Boots (which grant Uncanny Dodge/Evasion) and the Astral Vambraces (select a different power each time you bind them). It's flexible and functional.

We all hate the Soulborn. I, for one, have moved on.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-04-27 at 02:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

I grant permission.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Soulborn and Incarnate. Did you forget that part? It fits both, categorically; there are a number of Incarnate/Soulborn melds, and this one fits that model. Besides, this one actually takes a major step in making Soulborn functional, and the high-BAB class benefits from maneuvers. Or you can turn an Incarnate into a Swordsage with this. Either way. It draws from both the Impulse Boots (which grant Uncanny Dodge/Evasion) and the Astral Vambraces (select a different power each time you bind them). It's flexible and functional.

We all hate the Soulborn. I, for one, have moved on.
    I appreciate the effort to make the Soulborn functional, glad I could be a part of it lol. I have no real issues with the soulmeld itself. I think it suits me perfectly.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I, too, will partake in the granting of permission.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

A new Junkyard Wars round is up! Come join Weapon Bond + Weapon Specialization - Fighter!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Stack's Third Eye
    Descriptors: Good
    Chakra: Headband
    Class: Guru

In the middle of your forehead, a third eye opens. It peers slightly forward and backward in time, letting you more easily see the patterns of combat and letting you gain crucial insight into both combat and the world itself.
    This veil gives you the ability to anticipate situations which would otherwise have been unforseeable and to act upon that knowledge. It gives a +1 bonus to Initiative, and to any save or skill check made to react to surprise (such as a Reflex save to avoid a rockfall, or a Ride check to keep your seat when you take damage).
    Essence: Increase the bonus to Initiative, Skill checks, and Saves by 1 per point of Essence invested.

Bind: Binding this veil greatly enhances your Philosophy's purpose. It only gives these bonuses if you have the Philosophy class ability, and only the one for your Philosophy.
    Akasin: Increase the capacity of your Gentle Touch by one, and when you Meditate to gain temporary essence an additional amount equal to the Essence invested in this Veil.
    Sineater: When attacking Evil creatures, Essence invested into your Gentle Touch is increased by half of what is invested in this Veil. Any time you confirm a critical hit against a creature with Intelligence of 3 or more, you can recover an additional point of Essence Burn.
    Vayist: Gain an Insight bonus to CMB and CMD equal to the essence invested in this Veil, and negate penalties to attack rolls (such as from Power Attack) up to half of what is invested in this veil.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    I, too, will partake in the granting of permission.
    Alright, you get to be my guinea pig. Congratulations, please try not to die.

Stirge's Stinger
    Slot: Head, Headband
    There's life out there for you to enjoy, why not take a bite?
    Your senses heighten and you gain the ability to sense the very life essence of creatures around you. You gain blindsight out to a range of 20 ft.
    Essence: The range of your blindsight increases by 5 ft. per point of essence.
    Chakra Bind (Head):[V6] When this veil is bound to your head slot, you gain a sting attack as a secondary natural attack. This attack deals 1d6 damage if you are medium size, and if you hit with the attack, the target must succeed on a fortitude save or take 2 points of constitution damage.
    Chakra Bind (Headband):[V12] By binding this veil to your headband slot, you gain the ability to summon and direct a swarm of stirges. Summoning the swarm is a standard action, and directing it is a move action. The swarm persists for 1 minute per point of essence invested in this veil.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds great! Go ahead. Telonius.
    Last edited by Telonius; 2015-04-27 at 02:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Last edited by KrimsonNekros; 2015-04-27 at 02:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Permission granted
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-04-27 at 03:45 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I thought about putting up a fight, but then I figured "I'm going to catalog everything anyways." So I've decided to accept your shout out.
    Yes... yes... there is no need to resist me, Paladin. Resistance is futile, and there's no harm in working for me.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    I had one mostly ready for you as well, so congratulations on getting multiples

Breastplate of the Divided
    Slot: Body
    About half of the surface of this breasplate is colored in violent reds and oranges, the other half in calm blues and greens. Which parts are which seem to change every time you look at it.
    This powerful veil emphasizes the dualistic nature of all who shape it. Upon shaping it, choose either a Creature Type or Subtype, Alignment, Race, or Class. Any effect used upon you treats you as the choice you made if applicable, including those which detect their presence (ex, a Lawful Good Daevic shapes this veil, choosing Evil. A blasphemy cast upon him would do nothing, but a holy word would have full effect on him despite actually being of Good alignment)
    Essence: Each point of essence invested in this veil grants a +1 Insight bonus to all Charisma-based skill checks when dealing with creatures that are of your choice (ex, the Daevic above would gain this bonus when dealing with any Evil creatures)

Bind: Binding this veil to your Body slot has two effects. First, its Shape effect only applies when beneficial to the one who shaped it. Second, you benefit from a constant schism effect.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2015-04-27 at 03:52 PM.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I give permission. I forgot to do it earlier.