A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 250
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Ah, yes. Unfortunately this way I always get the paperwork. Before it was "I'm sorry LP, somehow this caught on fire and we've lost our only copy." Now it's "I got mad and lit one on fire, but here are the other two copies you forced me to hand right." No one wants to burn their own work.

    Side note: If there was a GitP office and we all worked in cubicles, I feel like I would be the manager and Snowbluff would be the trouble making assistant that I never truly catch in the act of defiling IZ42. Elric would be the regional manager who checked in now and again to make sure we weren't dead. But not one of us would be safe because Red Fel would be HR.

    Also, I am really tired.
    Then I'd get sick of it, and try to steal tiny amounts of money from the transactions the company makes and retire on that. Unfortunately, IZ42 will misplace a 0 because it's hard to code while under a chainsaw, and I'll have to burn the office down to cover up the whole operation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Huh. Fair enough. You can work in my office. IZ42's up for promotion anyways and he's still a viable target for Snowbluff in a position of power.
    Um... if you put someone so... mortal in charge, wouldn't everything fall apart if anything went wrong?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Then I'd get sick of it, and try to steal tiny amounts of money from the transactions the company makes and retire on that. Unfortunately, IZ42 will misplace a 0 because it's hard to code while under a chainsaw, and I'll have to burn the office down to cover up the whole operation.
    Nah, you aren't malevolent enough or motivated enough to try and siphon money off the top. You'd just start stealing office supplies. Then you'd blame IZ42. Also, corporate policy states: "No chainsaws within 50' of the work place."

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Um... if you put someone so... mortal in charge, wouldn't everything fall apart if anything went wrong?
    You worry too much. He'll do fine. Red Fel is a cleric, so even if you do kill him HR will rez him.

    Edit:
    Shouldn't you be yelling at Vincent for defiling you with his eyes? Or something along those lines at least.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-05 at 10:19 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    I think LP might want to go cash in some of his vacation time. That's treading dangerously close to lack of concern for the welfare of his friends, which I'm pretty sure is a fallable offense.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I think LP might want to go cash in some of his vacation time. That's treading dangerously close to lack of concern for the welfare of his friends, which I'm pretty sure is a fallable offense.
    Snowbluff said I'm not allowed to take vacations. Something about justice being ever vigilant. I've been clocked in for three years.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Snowbluff said I'm not allowed to take vacations. Something about justice being ever vigilant. I've been clocked in for three years.
    Vigilance just means that you can attack without tapping. It doesn't mean you can't take a vacation.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Milo v3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I've been clocked in for three years.
    Wait a minute.... *notices join date*

    Join Date: May 2014
    Why would someone clock in before they started working in the office....

    Also, I'm pretty sure I'd get fired in this office....
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-05-05 at 10:41 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Vigilance just means that you can attack without tapping. It doesn't mean you can't take a vacation.
    Snowbluff has life-link and IZ42 has indestructible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Wait a minute.... *notices join date*

    Why would someone clock in before they started working in the office....
    Now you understand my pain. Do you know how long I went unpaid?!

    Edit:
    Wait a second. I still don't get paid!
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-05 at 10:48 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Snowbluff has life-link and IZ42 has indestructible.
    GitP Regulars as magic cards?

    EDIT: You should take up your pay discrepancy with HR.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    GitP Regulars as magic cards?
    That would be hilarious.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    We should remember it for the thread after maneuvers. Although it might not be appropriate for the 3.5 subforum...

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    We should remember it for the thread after maneuvers. Although it might not be appropriate for the 3.5 subforum...
    Hmmm... If it needs a 3.PF flair it would be appropriate! Haha.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    And HR checking in... Are we all remembering to take some "me" time today? You know how important it is that all employees take some "me" time to reflect on what's really important.

    You know. On me. Now bask, cubicle drones! Bask in my glory!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    GitP Regulars as magic cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    That would be hilarious.
    I'd tap that?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And HR checking in... Are we all remembering to take some "me" time today? You know how important it is that all employees take some "me" time to reflect on what's really important.

    You know. On me. Now bask, cubicle drones! Bask in my glory!
    Yep, definitely a good position for Red Fel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Hahahaha. One day we will have to do this.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-05 at 11:10 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Yep, definitely a good position for Red Fel.
    I had a great teacher.

    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Nah, you aren't malevolent enough or motivated enough to try and siphon money off the top. You'd just start stealing office supplies. Then you'd blame IZ42. Also, corporate policy states: "No chainsaws within 50' of the work place."
    See, this is the kind of disrespect that led to me imitating Office Space.

    And if it's gotten to this point, why would I care about the chainsaw rule?

    Edit:
    Shouldn't you be yelling at Vincent for defiling you with his eyes? Or something along those lines at least.
    Right she does terrible things to that hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Vigilance just means that you can attack without tapping. It doesn't mean you can't take a vacation.
    Well, not just that, but paladins can cast Lesser Restoration, which cures the only symptom of sleep deprivation... fatigue.

    Magic cards will happen, though.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I had a great teacher.

    That is amusing. Don't mind me while I forward this to my buddies that I haven't seen in three years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    And if it's gotten to this point, why would I care about the chainsaw rule?
    Mmm... good point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Right she does terrible things to that hand.
    Nah, she luffffs it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Well, not just that, but paladins can cast Lesser Restoration, which cures the only symptom of sleep deprivation... fatigue.
    Okay, just because I can go without sleeping ever again, doesn't mean I should!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Magic cards will happen, though.
    Woohoo!
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Ah, yes. Unfortunately this way I always get the paperwork. Before it was "I'm sorry LP, somehow this caught on fire and we've lost our only copy." Now it's "I got mad and lit one on fire, but here are the other two copies you forced me to hand right." No one wants to burn their own work.

    Side note: If there was a GitP office and we all worked in cubicles, I feel like I would be the manager and Snowbluff would be the trouble making assistant that I never truly catch in the act of defiling IZ42. Elric would be the regional manager who checked in now and again to make sure we weren't dead. But not one of us would be safe because Red Fel would be HR.

    Also, I am really tired.
    I call Marketing and Public Relations!

    "Don't worry, we're all too busy preventing other peoples' shenanigans to start our own!"
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

    Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

    I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoPhoenix0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cloudcuckooland

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    LP would this office be reckless enough to hire me?

    Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    I call Marketing and Public Relations!

    "Don't worry, we're all too busy preventing other peoples' shenanigans to start our own!"
    Boom. Hired.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    LP would this office be reckless enough to hire me?
    Reckless enough to hire you, but smart enough to put you in charge of payroll. You see, we use code names for everyone in payroll. So to get paid, you have to do it all.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoPhoenix0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cloudcuckooland

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Reckless enough to hire you, but smart enough to put you in charge of payroll. You see, we use code names for everyone in payroll. So to get paid, you have to do it all.
    Interesting, it would take me a couple months to figure out how to get around this code name thing, and no wonder you don't get paid LP.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-05-05 at 11:40 AM.

    Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Interesting, it would take me a couple months to figure out how to get around this code name thing, and no wonder you don't get paid LP.
    Note to self, shuffle names at random and postpone your pay until everyone else's paycheck has gone out.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoPhoenix0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cloudcuckooland

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Note to self, shuffle names at random and postpone your pay until everyone else's paycheck has gone out.
    That's it. I'm getting an RNG and giving everyone someone else's random check. I'll be fun. One day you might get the check for the janitor, two weeks latter you get the CEOs check. And everyone starts to lose motivation to work hard because they aren't paid based on work done, even though all the checks are for $0.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-05-05 at 11:51 AM.

    Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    That's it. I'm getting an RNG and giving everyone someone else's random check. I'll be fun. One day you might get the check for the janitor, two weeks latter you get the CEOs check. And everyone starts to lose motivation to work hard because they aren't paid based on work done, even though all the checks are for $0.
    New plan, NeoPhoenix. I'm loaning you to IZ42. You'll be his new gofur. PsyBomb is now in charge of accounting and Stack gets payroll.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoPhoenix0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cloudcuckooland

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    New plan, NeoPhoenix. I'm loaning you to IZ42. You'll be his new gofur. PsyBomb is now in charge of accounting and Stack gets payroll.
    Whaaat, no chainsaw!? hmmm, thankfully you can't stop me from bring things that can be used as weapons without stopping me from bringing lunch. And stopping me from bringing lunch would be evil.

    Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Whaaat, no chainsaw!? hmmm, thankfully you can't stop me from bring things that can be used as weapons without stopping me from bringing lunch. And stopping me from bringing lunch would be evil.
    You're right. I won't stop you from bringing a lunch. But IZ42 is your new boss.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Here is the wrap up. Next thread.

    Previous - Sweep #3 - Next

    Permissions
    Keledrath
    Zaydos

    Soulmelds / Veils
    Val's Very Fine Knife
    War-Forged Soul
    Rudisplork
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    New plan, NeoPhoenix. I'm loaning you to IZ42. You'll be his new gofur. PsyBomb is now in charge of accounting and Stack gets payroll.
    Payroll? Sounds boring and predictable. I'll take it!

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Payroll? Sounds boring and predictable. I'll take it!
    Hooray!

    Also:
    IZ42 & Zaydos are big contributors to these threads! Won't anyone answer their plea for a veil!?
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-05 at 01:12 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Various Places
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    IZ42

    42 Fizz
    Descriptors: none
    Class: Guru
    Slot: Shoulders, Neck
    Saving Throw: Fort
    When you shape this veil a cloud of bubbles surrounds you, protecting you from those who would do you harm
    When you shape this veil, the bubbles that surround you act as a Mirror Image spell, save that it only provides one mirror image. Each time you reassign your essence, the mirror image spell refreshes
    Essence: You gain one additional mirror image per point of essence invested in this veil.
    Chakra Bind (Shoulders):[G9] When this veil is bound to your shoulders slot, the bubbles are able to lift you up and carry your form. You gain the benefits of the wind walk spell, with a caster level equal to your class level.
    Chakra Bind (Neck):[G14] Binding this veil to your Neck causes the bubbles to explode with tremendous force when popped. Each time a creature makes a melee attack against you and misses due to the effects of shaping this veil, they take 2d6 points of force damage for each point of essence invested in this veil.

    Spoiler: Reasoning
    Show

    Name: Puns, and thirsty
    Effects: I thought it might help keep you from getting attacked and dismembered by Snowbluff and Neophoenix.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sith_Happens's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Soulmelds/Veils!

    Post copied from the As Maneuvers thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Permission granted because why not. Let's see if I actually have a "character" on this forum or if I'm as much of a Boringly Normal Guy What Happens to Post a Lot as I think I am.

    ...Okay, I have rather gotten into the spirit of a certain thread in the Media subforum (), but let's see if someone can't put together a version disregarding that anomaly (in addition to the version taking it into account, of course, not instead of).
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-05-07 at 03:23 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •