Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Police Station XII

The squadron of Jury members runs into the police station and considers the situation. The three grey Jury members grin at each other. "OPEN FIRE! WAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The Jury obediently opens fire, focusing mainly on taking down the already injured Rell. Their diamond pistols are on the nasty first setting (fires projectiles at twice the speed of sound). There is a good chance of any bullets that hit going right through Rell's body and flying out the other side.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Orc in the Playground

Rell becomes a mess of blood and gore. He's definitely dead, but his magical white light ever-so-slowly begins to pop bullets out of his wounds and heal them over...
    Yup.

3. - Top - End - #1323

The three grey Jury members growl and bark out fresh orders. "BURN HIM!"

The Jury switches to the second setting (White hot balls of liquid metal) and fire another volley at Rell.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Bugbear in the Playground

The soldier that shot Rell in the head backs away quickly, reloading his weapon.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Orc in the Playground

Rell's already mangled body begins to burn, and his OmniShop uniform is utterly destroyed. A small watch tumbles out of a pocket, along with a small wooden door, which miraculously aren't burned. His amulet, which he is still wearing, glows faintly for a moment before the light fades out.

The lights in the Station turn back on. Light coming from anywhere and everywhere, however, is refracted at a very mild angle, and small rays of light fall on Rell, putting out the fire after a while, then going back to fruitlessly trying to heal him.
    Yup.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Barbarian in the Playground

Silas, getting quite fed up with god damned moron organizations full of morons, goes Supernova. And by supernova, I mean one big ass giant explosion of light, magic, energy, and pain. Lots of pain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

7. - Top - End - #1327

((Energy? Silas just made a serious mistake...))

8. - Top - End - #1328

((Oh...crap thats alot of Jury))
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

9. - Top - End - #1329

((Not as bad as you think, it's only the grey ones that duplicate due to an excess of energy, but that sounded like a lot of energy to me...))

10. - Top - End - #1330

Unfortunately for Gnrlshrimp and the two lieutenants who were fighting Silas, and quite fortunately for everyone else, Silas is still outside the indestructable Station, so while he wipes out two dozen FE soldiers and seriously injures the lieutenants, the inside of the Station is unaffected.

Thrown backwards and crashing against the building, the lieutenants crumple to the ground, barely alive.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

11. - Top - End - #1331

((Anything with the word 'Nova' especially when accompanied with the word 'Super' is alot of energy. And the Gray ones are more powerfull than the regualr ones even before the splitting power I do beleive.))

12. - Top - End - #1332

((Sigged. ))
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1333

((Damn, he's outside? But...but...I WANTED TO SWARM THE POLICE STATION WITH GREY JURY MEMBERS! They are far more powerful than normal ones, and they don't lose power, they don't split. They duplicate, the excess energy being used to create exact copies of themselves.))

14. - Top - End - #1334

((Your creations never cease to scare me, Gnrlshrimp))
    Last edited by darkblade; 2007-05-27 at 10:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1335

Luckily for Silas though, going Supernova doesn't mean he dies. He steps towards the door of the station, shooting out two swords from his arms, aiming at the lieutenants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

16. - Top - End - #1336

((Why thankyou. And the best part is, those Jury members don't even use magic...Imagine how awesome they would be if they did.))

17. - Top - End - #1337

Considering that Regiji's weapon is still an arm cannon and, thus, part of his powered armor it won't budge. And that isn't taking into account his aura of banality.

Suffice to say, the members of the fourth probably haven't realized how utterly shafted they are.

As per normal the magical beams and force pulls and the like do an amazing amount of nothing. This is due to the fact that the laws that govern the supernatural, where supernatural is any force that doesn't exist in Regiji's home plane, don't exist within said aura.

"Here, this works better," Regiji comments as he launches a tractor beam from his left wrist at the sorcerer's face. Should said beam connect he will proceed to smash the poor guy's head into the floor.

One of the troopers begins to scan the gray jury members, looking for chemical composition, motivating force, energy source, how the 'creation's' components function, the works. Basically looking for a good way to take them apart.

The rest continue to fire on any Fourth Empire troopers still alive.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #1338

((Scan them? How exactly is the trooper doing that? Different methods might give different or incomplete answers.))

19. - Top - End - #1339

((Wait, what? I thought he was dead...))

Luckily, the lieutenants have just enough life left in them to manage a quick teleport spell, disappearing just in time to avoid being hit.

The man adroitly dodges the tractor beam, deciding to try a different tactic. Reaching into his coat, he draws a compact but powerful submachine gun and opens fire on Regiji with high-velocity depleted uranium rounds.

All the FE soldiers in the Station are now dead from the beams.

((Deadtime, sorry.))
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1340

((Everything from mass spectrometry to electro-magnetic field detection. Hell, they've got some fun gear that breaks Hinesburg's Uncertainty principle with the sort of information it can gather.))

The machine gun rounds begin to plink off Regiji's barrier shields, causing a nifty ripple effect. Other than that it doesn't appear to bug him all that much.

Regiji yanks a section of wall behind the fellow the beam had latched onto, ripping it free despite the invulnerability wards. The guy now has a pretty sizable chunk of wall about to smash him from behind.

The two of the troopers open fire on the sorcerer while the other three keep their weapons trained on the creations.

21. - Top - End - #1341

Silas enters the station and steps over to Rell. He begins to pull healing potions from his body and force them onto Rell if needed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

22. - Top - End - #1342

((Okay...Still might not cover everything.))

The grey creations are an incredibly complex combination of particles and anti-particles, cleverly designed to avoid spontaneous combustion. The creations have no apparent energy source, the kinetic energy from the air is enough to keep them going, they're very efficient. One interesting thing the scan picks up is that the grey Jury members are mostly liquid, with only a solid outer shell.

One of the grey Jury members advances on Silas. "And what do you think you're doing?"

The other two grey Jury members growl at the troopers and charge them, their armblades coming down in brutal arcs, aiming to kill in one blow.

The normal Jury members switch to the third setting on the diamond pistols (Electricity...Lots and lots of electricity) and fire at the troopers.

23. - Top - End - #1343

Silas looks past the Jury member and to Regiji. With a sly grin, all energy directly around Silas ceases to exist. He stands, and kicks out at the Jury member's face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

24. - Top - End - #1344

Hans' player pops out of deadtime long enough to point out that the Station is still invulnerable, and therefore the wall remains intact despite Regiji's best efforts. Also, Hans dives sideways out of the way. The beams sear holes in his coat, but he is only struck a glancing blow by them. His player than pops back into deadtime.
    Last edited by J_Muller; 2007-05-27 at 10:58 PM.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1345

The Jury member blocks the kick with its blade arm, but makes no attempt to attack back. "I must insist that you leave the building."

26. - Top - End - #1346

"I think not, you jerkass."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

27. - Top - End - #1347

((Apparently you didn't notice that I mentioned despite the wards. Magical defenses mean nothing to these guys.))

The troopers being charged launch their tractor beams into the ceiling and hoist themselves out of bladeing reach before firing on the grays with nigh invisible disruption bolts designed to sever the connection of collections of itsy bitsy interacting components such as these by disrupting their ability to communicate between themselves.

One of the troopers whips out a harmonic charge and rolls it across the floor. A high whine begins to fill the air, set to initiate a destructive harmonic in diamond. Think opera singer with crystal.

The troopers fired upon take rounds that manage to impact surprisingly well. The electricity courses through their barrier shields, weakening them by an almost imperceptible degree. One tosses a bar shaped object on the floor that slides out to about twelve feet wide as a curtain of shielding shimmers into existence above it. The other troopers begin to fire the 'nullifiers' through the barrier with impunity at the normal creations.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2007-05-27 at 11:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1348

((Oh, I noticed. But it's like this: The Station's indestructible. Not invulnerable to certain things, indestructible. Just because your guys are immune to magical effects doesn't mean that they can go around "shafting", as you said, anyone they want. But if you insist, there's another very different sort of reason that won't work.))

The Station resists any efforts to destroy it unusually strongly because its normal indestructibility has been reinforced by a power which Regiji will have a hard time overcoming--namely, the Spear of Destiny.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1349

"And why are you so reluctant to leave?"

The grey creations switch to liquid form, sloshing out of the way. They then resolidify, each now wielding a machine gun for one of their arms. And what do they fire? Bits of Grey creation of course. The two grey creations return fire, launching small liquid blobs of themselves, each one capable of absorbing a large chunk of the troopers.

The harmonic charge would work on normal diamonds but the structure of these ones has been slightly altered, meaning it has no effect, except to recharge the grey creations with the sound energy being released.

The normal creations dive for cover, one of them still gets hit by the nullifiers. They return fire with their diamond pistols, unable to do anything else.

30. - Top - End - #1350

"Maybe because I work here. Dear gods, how gorram moronic are you people?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso