New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PEACH] Binder class (WIP)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I've decided to test myself by making a level 1 vestige. They're the hardest to make, balance-wise.

Spoiler: Amon
    Show

AMON
    The Void Before the Altar
    1st Level vestige
    DC: 14
    Sign: You grow the curling horns of a ram.
    Manifestation: Amon manifests in a burst of black smoke, howling foul curses at his summoner. He possesses a black wolf’s body with a ram’s head and a serpent for a tail. His mouth is filled with sharp teeth, and fire escapes it when he speaks.
    Granted Abilities:

Darkvision: You have darkvision while bound to Amon.

Fire Breath: You can vomit forth a line of fire as a dragonborn. Once you do so you must take a long rest to do so again.

Ram Attack: The horns you gain as Amon's sign function as a natural weapon that deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage on a hit. [(I forgot if you can charge in 5e, so ignore this part if you can't) It deals an additional 1d8 damage if you charge with it.]

PACT INFORMATION:
    Scholars claim that Amon is what remains of the personality of a god who died of neglect millennia ago. Once worshiped by thousands, Amon eventually lost his faithful to more responsive deities. His will was strong enough, though, to resist eternal sleep on the Astral Plane. Since his demise, his half-existence as a vestige seems to have dramatically changed his appearance and personality. Once a calm and wise protector, a god of light and law, Amon is now a foultempered and hateful spirit.

They're not the hardest IMO. But you did pick a challenge... since Amon is out in the open, I'll share this ability I think you could add:
    Tell me how this sounds to you:
    Spoiler: AMON ability
    Show
    ETERNAL RIVALRY
    You have advantage on all ability check and attack roll contests made against other binder. When you reach 13th level, the benefits of this ability also apply to contest rolls made against Aberrations, Celestials, Fey, Fiends or undead, as well as mortals possessed by these creatures or have formed a pact with them.
    Also, can you come up with more abilities for Amon? He already has so few abilities and he deserves more love! :3
    Also - you need the charger feat to properly charge, you need a creative solution here cuz I'm strongly against mixing feats into classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eternal rivalry looks good, though "not bound to Amon" could be added in; how can Amon be a rival with himself?

I can't think of any more abilities; I've used up all of the existing ones already.

I should probably wait until I fix my other vestiges to post a new one, but meh.

Spoiler: Primus, the One and Prime
    Show

Primus
    The One and Prime
    3rd Level vestige
    DC: 15
    Sign: Dozens of small patches of skin on the binder’s legs and arms become gold, silver, and bronze. These randomly placed metal plates take the shape of well-formed squares, equilateral triangles, hexagons, and other geometric shapes. These pieces of metal do not odder any bonus or inhibit the character in anyway. If removed, they revert to bloody flaps of flesh.
    Manifestation: When Primus begins to appear, its seal seems to rise up as a floating platform and become a bronze gear with dozens of smaller cogs and mechanisms within, all whirring and clicking as they turn. A yellow glow shines up from the ground and through the gears, dimming slightly just before Primus appears in a burst of rainbow light
    Primus stands fully 10 feet tall atop the floating gear-work, its lower body merging with the glow that rises from the floor. Humanoid in shape, Primus’s genderless body seems to be made of solid gold.
    Primus stands silently and impassively, saying nothing, it’s face devoid of all features. When the binder at last decides to say something, Primus suddenly speaks, its voice sounding hollow and cold, “Who summons us?”
    Once uttered two holes open on Primus’s blank visage where eyes should be, and each dark void spills black fluid down Primus’s face. Where the liquid flows, the vestige’s golden body sizzles away in then layers, as through Primus’s tears burn away its body. No matter how deep the channels this darkness creates grow, Primus never flinches.

Granted Abilities:
    Divine Structure: If an enemy attacks you with the same action that it used to attack you in in the previous round, it must make a Constitution saving throw (DC 8+your proficiency bonus +your Charisma modifier) or take 2d6 radiant damage. However if you attack with the same action that you used last round, you gain a +1 bonus to your attack roll or save DC.

Lawful Presence: If a creature within 5 feet of you would break the law, it must make a Constitution saving throw (DC as Divine Structure) or fall prone. This power's effects are nullified if they are exploiting a loophole, even if they are not aware of it.

Order of Primus: You can use the command spell once per short rest. Targets that fail their saving throw treat you as being under the effects of the invisibility and silence spells as well; they cannot see or hear you. This effect lasts 1d4 rounds or until you attack them. Starting at 18th level you can use this ability at will.

PACT INFORMATION:
    Spoiler: Spoilered for Length
    Show
    According to obscure planar lore, Primus was a being of law so ordered that none but it’s race of servants—strange creatures know as modrons—could bear to worship it. Beings of pure order, dedicated to advancing precision and structure throughout the multiverse, the modrons obey Primus as their god and master. The one and the Prime represented the race’s most absolute ideal of perfect logic, its every command trickling down through an impossibly complex chain of lieutenants, sub-chiefs, executors, and managers to reach the ears of every being in it’s service. Thus, the modrons worked order upon the multiverse, and the word of Primus was that order.
    In the far-flung reaches of Mechanus, on the sixty-four modron-controlled cogs known as Regulus, there exists a fantastically complex clock-work fortress known as the Great Modron Cathedral. From this throne Primus dictated the path of each of its followers. To aid its reasoning, great knowledge constantly streamed into Primus’s cathedral and powerful magical creations, forged from the perfectly attuned gears of the plane, offered windows onto the whole of the multiverse. One of these magics was the Grand Orrery, an unfathomably intricate device that measured the shifting of power, planes, and planets, deducing their cosmic and multiplanar meanings. A cadre of majordomos reported the Grand Orrery’s telling directly to Primus, as well as happenings relayed to them in turn from networks of agents stretched across the multiverse. At the same time, Primus personally monitored its minions employing another powerful device known as the Infinity Web. Through this waxy confluence of cords and strands, Primus’s consciousness stretched through its subordinate modrons, witnessing events throughout infinite realities. Thus, the One and the Prime observed as much as any deity and more.
    It was the information that spiraled around the modron throne, the prophecies and reports of the Grand Orrery and the Infinity Web, that led to Primus’s end. Seated as he was at the hub of the largest network of information in the multiverse there were those who envied Primus’s Knowledge.
    Thus, when the demon prince Orcus, as his shadow-self Tenebrous, carved his bloody path through the planes on his unholy quest for divinity, Primus became one of the first casualties. Seeking his lost rod, Tenebrous infiltrated the One and the Prime’s sanctuary and ended the incredulous being with a killing word, adopting its form to bend its intelligence network and legions of servants to his foul purposes. Countless modrons were lost obeying Tenebrous’s cruel whims and when the would-be god gleaned all he desired, he cast off his facade and left the modron hierarchy in shambles.
    With the loss of their god and leader, a member of Primus’s most immediate lieutenants—the Secundus— took up the mantle of the Supreme Modron. This new Primus seeing its people crippled, its cathedral invaded, and its magic corrupted, turned its race’s attentions inward, calling all modron survivors back to Regulus and sealing the borders. Since that time few modrons have been seen throughout the multiverse and their current actions remain mysterious.
    Yet despite the former Primus’s apparent destruction, a being whose consciousness stretches across planes cannot so easily be destroyed. From the minds and memories of thousands of tormented modrons on contact with it at the moment of its destruction, a vestige of the old Primus arose. While logic, law, and a structured multiverse once dictated its every action, a new directive now inspires this methodical ghost of order: the destruction of Tenebrous and all similar beings of chaos.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 2015-06-12 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    Sometimes it's easy to forget this isn't for 3.5 anymore #Shocking revelation.
    Binders are fun!
    My 5e Vestiges: Amon, Dahlver-Nar, Focalor, Primus, Marchosias, Halphax, and some other non-canon ones.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

First of all,I call dibs on Tebrous and Malphas. It's nothing personal, I just already have some stuff on them and wish to handle them personally.

I will look at primus later, though I don't think I heard of him before... What source is it from?

Also, I created a monster killing machinevestige! one we've been waiting to see for a while, I think.
    Spoiler: Paimon (Zansy)
    Show
    PAIMON
    The Dancer
    3rd level Vestige
    Seal:*
    Sign:*while bound to Paimon, your mouth can grin (or frown) wider on one side than normally possible.*
    Manifestation:

PROFICIENCIES
    Weapons: Rapiers, Shortswords.

DEFENSIVE FIGHTING
    you know the Blade Ward*Cantrip, and can cast it at will.

ARTISTIC EDGE:
    While wielding a finesse weapon, You have advantage on all Dexterity (Acrobatics) and Charisma (Performance) made to dance, tumble or whirl.

PAIMON'S SWORDSMANSHIP
    Paimon understands the value of magic spells as an art not too distinct from swordplay. If you wield a weapon that has the Finesse property in your hand, you can use it as a spellcasting focus for any spell or cantrip you learn from a vestige.

COMBAT SUPERIORITY
    *When bound to a pact with Paimon, you know maneuvers that are fueled by special dice called superiority Dice.
    Maneuvers: you learn the Sweeping Attack*and Lunging Attack*maneuvers.
    Superiority Dice. you gain 3 superiority dice, which are d6s. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain all of your expended superiority dice once you finish a short or long rest.
    You gain another superiority die at 13th level.
    In addition, A binder who gains the Combat superiority class feature by other means (such as by multiclassing) receives d8s instead (or d10s, if she has the improved combat superiority class feature).

DANCE OF DEATH
    While you are bound to Paimon, you can dance and destroy like a rampant whirlwind. You know the spell Haste, and can cast it on yourself by making a special DC 14 Charisma(performance) instead of expending a spell slot. though in addition to concentrating on Haste, you need to spend a bonus action to roll another DC 14 Charisma (Performance) check each round to sustain the effect. The spell otherwise lasts and functions as normal. You can perform the Dance of Death once, and once more at 14th level, before requiring a short or long rest in order to cast it again.

PACT INFORMATION:
    Spoiler: Lore, partially edited
    Show
    Though no one knows for certain where the legend originated from, Few binders live their life without knowing the tragic Paimon's tale. In his time, Paimon was an infamous Casanova who seduced and danced with noblewomen at every ball, and defeat their jealous suitors with his swordplay. One day, he crossed an unusually cruel nobleman, usually told to be human or elf, who challenged him many times, but could never trump Paimon's swordsmanship. Paimon had publicly humiliated on multiple occasions, he assembled the many suitors who's women were romanced by Paimon, when, that night, the men assaulted the philanderer, slicing his sword arm as a warning. It did not discourage Paimon though, as he returned covered by the next gala with a gem-encrusted hand made of solid gold, which he could replace with a rapier blade, ready to pay back his rivals, and even fought and humiliated the man who led the attack, his sparing his life because the woman they both sought after requested a dance from Paimon. Paimon's adversary was only driven further by his thirst for vengeance, him and his peers captured Paimon, slicing off all four of his limbs and replaced them with sword blades, jeering at him and daring him to return to society looking as he did before leaving him to die on the outskirts of town. At the next royal ball, many were wondering where the charming rake may have disappeared to, much to his adversary and his accomplices hidden delight. Then, a tall, well-shrouded figure appeared among of the dancers, and spun impossibly fast, Paimon's adversary was outraged by the disturbance and tore away the figure's cloth to discover paimon's torso balanced upon the bleeding sword blades he uses for limbs, staring at his adversary with dead eyes and a slanted face. A woman screamed at the sight of the monster he became, and the once-charming swordsman faded away to dust, leaving only the traces of blood across the ballroom. His body was never found, but a trail of blood and blade marks were found* across the town. Apparently Paimon was alive but gone—banished by the scream of a woman.

When Paimon Manifests, he often demonstrates himself as a romantic and a ladies' man, occasionallyoffering love advice to men, but is far more polite to women. He likes it his binders to exude confidence, and sympathizes with those who's trust has been betrayed.
    Paimon might impose disadvantage on your check to bind him if you are hesitant when speaking to him, or if he suspects you would use his powers to harm a creature of the opposite sex, or assault a performer. That being said, Paimon might offer advantage on the check instead if he is convinced you will use his powers to take vengeance or reclaim a loved one.

If you make a poor pact with Paimon, he influences your personality in one of the following ways:
    Influence
    Personality Trait: The first thing I would do when I arrive at a new place is to court a fair damsel.
    flaw: I can not resist the allure of music and dancing.

I hope this Paimon isn't overkill, it's mostly a lot of stuff I thought can fit, or would go well together.
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Prince Zahn, I really like that conversion of Paimon. Spot on. The_Doctor, I like where you're going with Amon (it looks very much like my attempted conversion) but as such an iconic vestige I think maybe he needs a little extra. I can't decide what yet; I think perhaps rather than just granting a natural weapon he should get a unique ability that replicates 3.5's charge mechanic. Off the cuff, how's this:

Ram Attack
    The horns you gain as Amon's sign function as a natural weapon that deals 1d6 of bludgeoning damage. If you already have horns, they grow larger and more curled. They deal an extra 1d4 in addition to their normal damage, they now deal bludgeoning damage.

If you move at least 10 feet immediately before making an attack with your horns, you can make a charging attack that deals 1d8 of bludgeoning damage (or 1d10 if you have the improved horns), and the target of the attack must make a Strength check opposed by your own. If your result is higher, the creature is knocked back 5 feet. If the space that this would move them into is not empty, they take an additional 1d6 of bludgeoning damage instead.
    The bit about already having horns is there for a few reasons, mostly future-proofing. One of the subclasses I'm considering gets the option of horns, and one of the Unearthed Arcana supplements has the Minotaur race which gets horns (which, I've just noticed, deal 1d10 piercing!). In general, it's best to account for the possibility of already having horns.
    Last edited by anaximander19; 2015-06-05 at 05:02 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks! There are only 2 things I'm uncertain about regarding Paimon, which I think may arise as an issue later:
    1. Gotta make sure combat superiority won't be an issue if we decide to make other vestiges give other maneuvers - it's the sheer number of dice I'd be worried about if we expanded on it, is all. But overall I figure it's is a fair tradeoff for muticlass Binder/fighter builds, since you don't get the 4th attack or the last indomitable but should get a nice bit of other neat stuff :3
    2. Also, should dance of death be needed to long rest? Or is the limitation enough? I'm a little hesitant when comparing it to the fighter, though.

@Amon. I imagine one thing we could do with Amon is use that ram attack for shoving :3 which means knocking back or knocking prone on a successful Strength (Athletics) contest vs. Strength (Athletics)/Dexterity (Acrobatics)/(see:PHB, p.195.) Perhaps you could add horn damage on a success? Increase the distance or offer advantage?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-06-05 at 08:12 AM.

My Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

@Amon. I imagine one thing we could do with Amon is use that ram attack for shoving :3 which means knocking back or knocking prone on a successful Strength (Athletics) contest vs. Strength (Athletics)/Dexterity (Acrobatics)/(see:PHB, p.195.) Perhaps you could add horn damage on a success? Increase the distance or offer advantage?
    Athletics, that's the one. My mind went blank, so I just left it as Strength. I went with a simple 5ft knockback, (with the customary extra damage if there's no free square to be knocked into) but knocking prone could work too. Although it just occurred to me that any effect like knockback or knocking prone should carry the limitation that it doesn't work on creatures larger than you. I just have this mental image of a halfling binder knocking something massive like a dragon or a hill giant prone...

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by anaximander19 View Post
    Athletics, that's the one. My mind went blank, so I just left it as Strength. I went with a simple 5ft knockback, (with the customary extra damage if there's no free square to be knocked into) but knocking prone could work too. Although it just occurred to me that any effect like knockback or knocking prone should carry the limitation that it doesn't work on creatures larger than you. I just have this mental image of a halfling binder knocking something massive like a dragon or a hill giant prone...
    it would probably work as per the shoving rules, which function just as we described, including prone (sans the mental image in the end, and there's no damage+KB ability if you're not a Battle Master) you could really reduce that limit by another size at higher levels. How does that sound? :3
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-06-05 at 08:59 AM.

My Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Really? Nothing that does damage with knockback? Not even 5ft? Aww... at least tell me I'm not imagining reading knockback effects that swap the knockback for damage if you hit a wall before you've travelled the full knockback distance.

Actually, do you count Repelling Blast? That adds knockback to eldritch blast without removing its damage, so technically that counts.

That aside, would we want Amon's ram attack to do damage, knockback, or (crazy idea, not sure if it's a good one) allow the player to choose?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks for the feedback.

Primus? He's from that PDF I gave you a link to, Zahn.

I think next I might do Astaroth, but I'm not sure.

Also, I'm feeling silly.

Spoiler: Open for silliness
    Show

Pun-Pun
    Lord of Powergamers
    Level: You tell me!
    DC: You tell me!
    Sign: A d20 is always visible about your person, such as in your free hand, stitched onto a coat button or around your neck on a chain. This d20 appears to move when viewed casually, but is mysteriously normal when scrutinized. Any attempt to hide it causes it to slip between the capturing surfaces and roll onto a free space on the binder. If removed by another person, it vanishes as soon as they let it out of their sight and turns up somewhere on the binder.
    Manifestation: Pun-Pun creeps cautiously into his seal, looking around in a worried way. Suddenly, a massive snake rears up from under the seal, carrying Pun-Pun on it's head. As it rears up out of sight, it begins to shrink again, stamped down by the clawed foot of a colossal Kobold. Pun-Pun begins to shrink as his foot nears the ground and he comes down a stronger, more confident scaly runt than he was before. When he addresses the binder, his voice echoes with Divine power, though his confidence and great paragon body fade away moments before he does, and as he creeps from his seal he gives the binder a look of the great fear that only a godmade-mortal can know.
    Granted Abilities:
    Near-Infinite Stat: While bound to Pun-Pun you can increase your stats. Doing so increases the stat of your choice by 2 points for 1 round. In a non-combat situation this is increased to the duration of 1 ability or skill check. You can use this ability once per short rest.

Powergame: While bound to Pun-Pun, you may swap one of the features of the binder subclass you posess for another of the same level.

Awesome: While bound to Pun-Pun you possess an aura of unstopability. This manifests as a +2 bonus to AC and a +1 bonus to all saving throws.

Divine Squirrels: By hurling the d20 that is Pun-Pun's sign at a target, you sic a celestial squirrel on them. Use the stats for a panther [because I suck at creating custom monster stats]. The squirrel lasts for half your level in rounds (minimum 3), has its own initiative count, and acts according to your bidding.

PACT INFORMATION:
    Pun-Pun the Kobold was a creation of the Dungeons and Dragons community, a deity brought into his brief existence by a flare of awed respect for both Pun-Pun and his designer, Khan the Destroyer. Pun-Pun's glory was short-lived, however, as his ruse was soon discovered and Pun-Pun's font of divinity mocked him for the powergamer that he was. However, despite his attempting to immolate himself with the last shred of his power, Pun-Pun lives on as a vestige in much the same way Tenebrous does, as a memory in the coding of the boards and in the minds of players everywhere.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 2015-06-05 at 10:05 AM.
    Binders are fun!
    My 5e Vestiges: Amon, Dahlver-Nar, Focalor, Primus, Marchosias, Halphax, and some other non-canon ones.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Dat vestige...
    Yeah, I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to judge Pun-Pun at the risk of being struck in melee from nigh-infinite reach for nigh-infinite damage.

I didn't think about repelling blast, but I kind of meant with a weapon attack. Usually it's either Damage OR shove target, is what I'm saying. Amon could offer both, perhaps a stronger version with more leniency at higher levels. (Ever been hit by a ram, or a mountain goat for that matter? The horns hit pretty hard :p

See: Chapter 8: Combat; "shoving a creature"; towards the end - Any player can already choose between damage and KB/prone. It uses the attack action to push a creature or knock it down. A vestige that would focus on that mechanic should offer more than what is already available. Right?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-06-06 at 05:31 AM.

My Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aww, really?

Hah. Speaking of Funny Things...

Spoiler: Open for Moar Funniness
    Show

Banjo
    1st Level vestige
    Sign: One of your hands has a green hand puppet in the likeness of a clown attached to it. The clown is holding a banjo, and it is perpetually strumming. It can be passed off as a normal hand puppet, or taken off and hidden.
    Manifestation: Kneeling in front of the circle of Banjo you hear a strange strumming noise as the song starts up. This banjo music has been known to cause grown men to wince and panic as it strikes some strange chord within them. An irresistible urge to place one's arm within the summoning circle arises and Banjo appears on the end of the binders arm strumming his banjo with an evil look in his eye. Negotiations are very often swift with the binder promising to find Banjo worshipers and to promote the agenda of puppets. Withdrawing the arm Banjo exits his sign and becomes mostly a simple hand puppet.
    Granted Abilities:
    Banjelic Seduction: While you use Banjo as a ventriloquist puppet (even if it is blatantly obvious it is you) you gain a bonus to all Charisma based checks equal to half your proficiency bonus.
    Friends in High Places: All gods love Banjo, even if they don't know it. Whenever you would be reduced below 0 hitpoints by a spell or other effect that allows a saving throw, you are allowed one reroll on your saving throw. When you would be reduced below 0 by a weapon or other damage, the damage is rerolled and the lower number is used. Once you have used this feature you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
    Chords of Terror: Once per short rest as an action, you can cause fear in those within 30 feet. Those in range must make a Wisdom saving throw (DC 8+Proficiency bonus+charisma modifier) or be stunned for one round. For some reason, males take a -1 penalty to the saving throw.
    Wrath of Banjo: Once per long rest, you can use the Paladin's "Divine Smite" ability.
    PACT INFORMATION: The mystery of the cult of Banjo has been lost to the mists of time. But it was said that a powerful and charismatic bard inspired a song so perfect that his banjo became sentient to carry on the song for all time. The song's pure dulcet tones inspired worship from all who heard its sweet melody and raised the instrument to divinity. Using a small hand puppet to personify a banjo player and to be its avatar, Banjo went on to gather followers across the world. However due to a horrible fragmenting of the religion and defections from within, and a faulty coffee maker, Banjo's worship fell. At last no one was left but the bard who originally inspired the song, and even he forgot Banjo in pursuit of something shiny.

EDIT: Do you think we could try to convert this, this, this, and this?
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 2015-06-06 at 09:55 AM.
    Binders are fun!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww, really?

Hah. Speaking of Funny Things...

Spoiler: Open for Moar Funniness
    Show

Banjo
    1st Level vestige

EDIT: Do you think we could try to convert this, this, this, and this?
    Cute one :p needs a little 5th editioning but overall adorable. think of it what you will, I had a PbP adventure a while back with a DM who let me play a binder. He had this eye-opening misconception (that was quickly house rule) that vestiges have alignment descriptors . It started simple enough, though I was making some homebrew vestiges at the time, and the idea of what a [good] vestige would be like was very inspiring!
    How I wish that adventure would've lasted :3

As for the homebrew vestige threads, I can't speak for Anaxi on this one, but I presume whatever you model and bring to be worked on or reviewed you may do at your discretion. My priority, on the same token, my priorities regarding vestiges I work and edit start first and foremost with the Tome of Magic, which there's a LOT already that needs the most reinventing.
    I was thinking though, that once we finish with a basic package, we could each bring up our own, homebrew vestige to complete the mix. There's no shortage on our own personal characters, after all.

For those curious: my files of vestiges complete, in progress or Queued, in no particular order:
    Tenebrous - The Shadow the Was
    Paimon - The Dancer
    Malphas - the Turnfeather
    Amon - The Void before the Altar
    Acererak - The Devourer
    Andras - the Gray Knight
    Naberius - The Grinning Hound

Wish I could sort them, but this is the best I can do this late at night so...
    Later!

My Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

I fixed Halphax a while back; how is he now?

Behold, a new Vestige! (you can format it proper; I suck at formatting)

Spoiler: Marchosias, King of Killers
    Show

Marchosias
    King of Killers
    7th Level vestige
    DC: 17
    Sign: Your eyes grow a red-orange color.
    Manifestation: Marchosias appears with a bloodcurdling scream in an explosion of fire and black smoke. Though much of the smoke curls away, some remains and slowly coalesces to form a human figure. Marchosias appears as a king with body and raiment composed of swirling smoke and cinders. He wears a crown of fire, beneath which gleam two glowing, hot coals where his eyes should be. Marchosias wields a scepter of flames, and a sword of hot ash is belted to his hip. For a moment, he seems exhausted by the rigors of his arrival, standing with his shoulders slumped and his head bowed. After a moment, he raises his gaze to his summoner and stands straight and tall, adopting an imperious posture.
    Granted Abilities:
    Death Attack: If you spend 3 rounds of combat studying a target (and taking no other actions), you can make a special melee attack against it. When you do so, you either choose paralyzed or dead. If you hit with your attack, they must make a Constitution saving throw (DC 8+your proficiency bonus+your Charisma modifier) or die (if you chose dead) or be paralyzed for 1d6+1 rounds (if you chose paralyzed). If they succeed the saving throw, the attack is a normal attack, except it deals extra damage equal to the sneak attack damage of a rouge half of your binder level.
    Fiery Retribution: You deal an extra 3d6 fire damage to opponents who can situationally deal extra damage (paladin's Divine Smite, rouge's Sneak Attack, etc.). If you deal this damage with a ranged attack, it only comes into effect when the target is within 30 feet of you.
    Smoke Form: You gain the ability to use the gaseous form spell once per short rest, except you can remain gaseous for as long as you wish. You lose all granted abilities of all bound vestiges for the duration, but you do not expel the vestiges or lose the ability to remain in gaseous form. Since you lose death attack, you cannot use this time to study a target.
    Silent but Sure: You gain your proficiency bonus as a bonus to all Stealth and Perception checks.
    PACT INFORMATION: Marchosias seems to have appeared as a vestige quite recently—in fact, only a short time before Dahlver-Nar did. In life, Marchosias was a human who brought death to others. His favorite targets were other assassins and murderers, but this choice of foes had nothing to do with morals. Despicably evil, Marchosias was obsessed with improving his skill as a killer, and ending the lives of other professional slayers seemed the best challenge he could undertake. When at last Marchosias met his death, his soul traveled to the Nine Hells. The devils gleefully accepted his powerful spirit, but others there took note of his arrival and were not pleased. The spirits of hundreds of thugs, slaughterers, executioners, and assassins banded together and rebelled against their devilish captors—intending not to escape or take control, but to attack Marchosias. Although the devils were loath to allow such lawlessness, they let the souls of the damned fight it out, thinking to step in and punish all the spirits when the battle was over. Marchosias fought well, but he could not prevail against so many foes at once, and he fell under the onslaught. When the devils pulled back the attackers, nothing was left—Marchosias’s soul had been torn to pieces.
    Binders are fun!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Halfling in the Playground

Made a first draft of Focalor. Still very much a WIP, and I don't have the background stuff besides the manifestation in here. All info is under the spoiler, and I'm looking for feedback.

Spoiler
    Show
    FOCALOR
    Prince of Tears
    3rd Level Vestige

Special Requirement: Focalor’s seal must be drawn with a liquid medium.

Manifestation: Focalor manifests slowly, appearing first as a single tear that drops from thin air to strike the ground. Next his weeping eyes appear, and gradually his whole body becomes visible. Focalor looks like a handsome human male whose face is twisted by grief. He wears no clothes, but he cloaks his body in the griffon wings that grow from his back and shudder with each of his wracking sobs.

Sign: While you serve as host to Focalor, your eyes constantly weep, regardless of your mood or thoughts.

Influence: While influenced by Focalor, you feel some of his immense sadness and act morose, rarely smiling or finding cause to laugh. Whenever you kill a creature, Focalor demands that as soon as you have a peaceful moment, you take a round to say a few words of sorrow and regret for the life cut short by your actions.

Abilities:

Focalor's Breath: As a standard action, you can exhale towards a living target within 30 feet. The target must make a Constitution save or be blinded as if by the Blindness/Deafness spell. You can use this ability once per short rest.

Water Breathing: For as long as you are bound to Focalor, you are under the effects of the Water Breathing spell.

Electrifying Touch: You gain the Shocking Grasp cantrip.

Inestimable Grief: While you display Focalor's sign, the sorrow that paints your visage makes you difficult to read. Insight or Perception checks attempting to discern your emotions or intentions have disadvantage, and you have advantage on saves against Detect Thoughts or similar effects that would read your mind.

Lightning Strike: Once per round as a standard action, you can call down a bolt of lightning that strikes any target you designate, as long as it is within 60 feet. This range increases to 120 feet at 11th level. The lightning bolt deals 1d6 points of electricity damage per vestige level of the highest-level vestige you have bound. A successful Dexterity save halves this damage. This ability functions outdoors, indoors, underground, and even underwater.

So, in addition to that, I'm giving him one more ability. Originally I was thinking I'd replicate the 3.5 sadness aura, but that's a numerical modifier and 5e's moved away from that, plus he doesn't have a long rest recharge ability. But there's no Crushing Despair spell in 5e, so I had to make do. Take a look at both of the following abilities and tell me which you prefer (and why), if you please.

Spoiler
    Show

Aura of Sadness: You emit an aura of depression and sadness that can overtake even the most strong-willed of creatures. All creatures within 5 feet of you take a -2 to attack rolls, ability checks, and saves. You can suppress or activate this aura as a standard action.

OR

Curse of Despair: You have the ability to inflict an opponent with Focalor’s hopelessness. You can cast Bestow Curse without expending a spell slot, as if using a spell slot of the highest level vestige you have bound. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again until you finish a long rest.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

@Marcho:
    Are there still any save-or-die effects in 5e? I couldn't seem to really find any at a glance.
    The problem, though, is that most battles in 5e usually end within 3 rounds, making Marchosias's infamous death attack... Quite useless.

I think Fiery Retribution needs some editing. That could be done it at least 3 ways:
    Passive DPR against those near you, allow save each round, no other conditions.
    At will Fire Shield
    An at will explosion aoe? Or is that too much like signature spell?
    2 skill proficiencies? I thought we put this issue to bed already,. 1 Skill prof for 7th level+, a save prof only at 9th level vestiges, if at all.

@Halphax
    Other than refraining from static number bonuses, I can't think of what to say on this one anymore, though I still think it would be very cool if he could conjure siege equipment from the DMG, making him a vestige of choice for any binder who seeks conquest and has at least small army, or aims to defend his walls. Also - why no ethereal block with them walls?

@Amon
    Still missing some zing to him IMHO. have we considered adapting/tweaking the barbarian's Rage? Amon has a LOT of hate to go around xD

@Focalor:
    I like Spiriah's version, I'm also a tad biased since it follows my template
    I think we can make a great Focalor by combining the two and using more favorable wording:
    1. Spiriah's version of Focalor's breath
    2. The Doctor's Wording for Water Breathing (it would suck if dispel magic killed you just because you were underwater, wouldn't it?)
    3. Shocking Grasp sounds great addition!
    4. (I'm not that sure any more about cap=highest other vestige bound, because it feels to me like it malfunctions with higher level vestiges, and it also discourages binding low level ones. I think either the math needs some fixing, or we should drop scaling all together, and instead write "this is how it is; this is how it will be starting at level Xth.") Perhaps a combined version of lightning strike mixing both attempts of Focalor? perhaps make it a spell attack? :3
    5. Aura of sadness: how's this for it:
      Spoiler: Aura of Sadness
      Show
      You radiate an aura of melancholy and despair that can siphon the fighting spirit of your enemies. Whenever an enemy creature within 5 feet of you hits you with a melee attack roll, you can use your reaction to impose disadvantage on it's next attack roll, ability check, or saving throw until the end of it's next turn. You may not use this effect on the same target for 2 rounds in a row.
    6. I dig Inestimable Grief! It's situational but I think every vestige should have a situational ability.

My Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #76

@Focalor:
    I like Spiriah's version, I'm also a tad biased since it follows my template
    Yeah, took some cues from the Naberius you did. That's some of why I gave him Shocking Grasp and Inestimable Grief.
    I think we can make a great Focalor by combining the two and using more favorable wording:
    The Doctor's Wording for Water Breathing (it would suck if dispel magic killed you just because you were underwater, wouldn't it?)
    Whoops! Meant to say that "For as long as you are bound to Focalor, you can breathe water as though you were under the effects of the Water Breathing spell." Dispellability was not intended.
    (I'm not that sure any more about cap=highest other vestige bound, because it feels to me like it malfunctions with higher level vestiges, and it also discourages binding low level ones. I think either the math needs some fixing, or we should drop scaling all together, and instead write "this is how it is; this is how it will be starting at level Xth.") Perhaps a combined version of lightning strike mixing both attempts of Focalor? perhaps make it a spell attack? :3
    Yeah, that seemed kinda cumbersome to me too. I think it does need some form of scaling, but scaling based on bound vestige level does seem clunky.
    Aura of sadness: how's this for it:
    Spoiler: Aura of Sadness
    Show
    You radiate an aura of melancholy and despair that can siphon the fighting spirit of your enemies. Whenever an enemy creature within 5 feet of you hits you with a melee attack roll, you can use your reaction to impose disadvantage on it's next attack roll, ability check, or saving throw until the end of it's next turn. You may not use this effect on the same target for 2 rounds in a row.
    Hm. That's a possibility, though maybe change it to when an enemy within 5 feet makes an attack roll. That'd synergize with other melee vestiges, and if you get up close and personal with an enemy, you can use it as a sort of Defender (Is that what it's called? AFB at the moment, thinking of the Fighter style where you impose disadvantage) ability.

Any thoughts on the Bestow Curse idea?
    I dig Inestimable Grief! It's situational but I think every vestige should have a situational ability.
    Thanks! TBH, I saw "inestimable grief" in his fluff, and thought "That sounds like an ability name." Would be useful in social situations, methinks - lie with Deception, then give them disadvantage on Insight checks to figure you out.
    Last edited by Spiriah; 2015-06-09 at 05:06 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll reduce the wait time on DeathAttack to 2 rounds.

I'll change Fiery Retribution to one of your suggestions.

Cut proficiency bonus in two.

If it is a wall of iron, why should it block ethereal travel?

Technically speaking he was an architect who wanted to protect AGAINST sieges, not cause them (though that would still be awesome).
    Binders are fun!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Question: How big a must is Turn/Rebuke undead for Tenebrous? If it's not crucial I want to find something else in it's place.
    For the record, I'm making Tene to be a 5th level vestige, so some awesome ideas would be awesome.

@Aura of Sadness: I was thinking by design that you would impose disadvantage on the roll after the one that attacked you, it's a little reminiscent of Karmic Aura and the like - great debuff if you have to get hit, that can give everyone in the party a better chance. I tried to compensate the binder having to get hit by not allowing a save. That being said, I don't know how this would interact with critters incapable of emotion.

I'll reduce the wait time on DeathAttack to 2 rounds.
    I'd rather we not give waiting times for combat abilities at all, let alone one that outright kills, which I don't save-or-dies exist in this edition anyway. Perhaps make it an attack roll where hit=Critical?

Cut proficiency bonus in two.
    You mean offer 1 skill instead of two, right?

If it is a wall of iron, why should it block ethereal travel?
    Better Question: if he's a 9th level Vestige, why can't he cast a 5th level spell as intended?

Technically speaking he was an architect who wanted to protect AGAINST sieges, not cause them (though that would still be awesome).[/QUOTE] I'm just saying it would be a cool twist. And his story can be reworded in the adaptation if necessary. I don't work strictly accurate to the ToM either.

My Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

@Marcho:
    Are there still any save-or-die effects in 5e? I couldn't seem to really find any at a glance.
    I don't have time for a full reply right now (I'll be back later) but I just spotted this and wanted to note that in 5e, the Banshee has a once-per-day ability that drops anyone who fails a Wisdom save to 0 HP immediately. My party fought one this week; three out of four party members failed the DC13 save and went down; luckily the fourth member was able to stabilise them all before they failed too many death saves.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

The Open Hand Monk has a save-or-die effect.
    DMs only roll dice for the sound they make

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn
    I'd rather we not give waiting times for combat abilities at all, let alone one that outright kills, which I don't save-or-dies exist in this edition anyway. Perhaps make it an attack roll where hit=Critical?
    As pointed out there are save/die effects in this edition.

You mean offer 1 skill instead of two, right?
    No, I mean give HALF of the proficiency bonus to those checks.

Better Question: if he's a 9th level Vestige, why can't he cast a 5th level spell as intended?
    Eh, what the heck.

I'm just saying it would be a cool twist. And his story can be reworded in the adaptation if necessary. I don't work strictly accurate to the ToM either.
    Sounds like a good idea.
    Binders are fun!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, good points that a monster can make a save-or-dying attack (brings you to 0HP, but it's possible to survive that, IIRC), and a 17th level monk can too by the time the binder gets 9th level vestiges(thanks to Wartex1 and the OP for bringing it to my critical attention. Stuff to think about when working on the King of Killers.

I'd rather you pick 1 skill maximum rather than offer Half-Proficiencies even if that's a real mechanic it sounds complicated how it interacts with the rest of the game at those levels. I'm just confuzzled, I guess..

@Spiriah, my gut feeling says bestow curse is fine at it's lowest level, but beyond that I feel it would be overkill. A different ability would be better to scale, though this one concerns me.

Inb4:
    Question: How big a must is Turn/Rebuke undead for Tenebrous? If it's not crucial I want to find something else in it's place.
    For the record, I'm planning to bump Tene up to being a 5th level vestige, and would probably deserve something new and shiny. So some awesome ideas would be awesome.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-06-11 at 04:34 PM.

My Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can I get some feedback on Pun-Pun, Primus, and Banjo please? I need feedback on my creations!
    Binders are fun!

24. - Top - End - #84

Can I get some feedback on Pun-Pun, Primus, and Banjo please? I need feedback on my creations!
    Feedback on Primus:
    - Divine Structure retains its clunkiness from 3.5. I'd either be more specific (what're the restrictions on "the same actions"?), or change the ability to something different.
    - Lawful Presence is just broken, especially with generous interpretation of "chaotic manner". I'd probably either allow a save or make the restriction more tangible, possibly both.
    - Order of Primus is fine. Maybe have it scale somehow, though I dunno what it'd scale based on.

@Prince Zahn: Yeah, I can see that. Any ideas for a replacement? Or should we go with the Aura?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Divine Structure has been fixed to affect enemies as well (if they fail a save of course), as well as making it so it only keeps track of attack actions.
    Lawful Presence has the chaotic manner part removed, as well as a clause for loopholes. It also allows a save now.
    Order of Primus has been updated to be usable at will once you reach level 18.

Now can I get feedback on Pun-Pun and Banjo please?
    Binders are fun!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

@Spiriah and The_Doctor: the wizards down by the coast advise against static bonuses or penalties in this edition for classes and races. I think we should heed that advice and adjust accordingly.

Just gonna drop this off for examination...
    Spoiler: Tenebrous
    Show
    TENEBROUS
    The Shadow That Was
    5th Level vestige
    DC:
    Seal:
    Sign: you appear to have another Shadow cast behind you, even if there is no light to form it.
    Manifestation:

PROFICIENCIES
    Languages: Abyssal

SLAY LIGHT
    While you are bound to Tenebrous, your newfound affinity for the dark can shy away lit flames and fireflies. sources of light (such as torches) emit bright light and dim light out to half the normal distance when within 50 feet of you. Non-magical sources of illumination are extinguished when they enter within your vicinity, or when you approach them, and can not be lit within your presence. In addition, you can use your action to dispel a single spell of 3rd level of lower that emits an area of light. Once you have done so, this ability turns inactive until you complete a short rest.

GRAVE DARKNESS
    You know the darkness spell and can cast it at will. In addition: While you have an area of magical darkness at your control, you can use a bonus action to activate any of the following effects within the darkness, and raising the level of . These effects last for 1 minute or until the darkness is dispelled, unless specified otherwise:
    • Shadows of the damned crowd the darkness and hinder movement. making every 1 foot of movement inside the darkness cost an additional 1 foot of movement. At 15th level, the area remains unnaturally silent the area also becomes an area of magical silence
    • the shadows begin to latch creatures within the area and trap them. within the darkness must succeed on a strength saving through or be restrained for the duration. Once restrained in this fashion, a creature can make a new save each round to end the effect on itself, is is freed by another creature with a DC 15 strength check.
    • An undead manifests itself in the darkness and patrols it. You can summon an undead creature of challenge rating of 5 or lower. It appears in an unoccupied space within an area of magical darkness within 60 feet. The undead creature disappears when it drops to 0 HP or if it ever ends it's turn in normal or bright light.
      The undead is friendly to you and your companions for the duration. Roll initiative for the undead, which has it's own turns. It obeys any verbal commands that you issue it (no action required by you). If you don't issue any commands to the undead, it either defends itself from hostile creatures and steers clear of bright light but otherwise takes no actions. The undead can see can perceive other creatures and objects without difficulty from in all forms of illumination besides normal or bright light. The undead creature deems all excessive noisiness and violence near it (sans your commands for it) as a threat and becomes hostile to creatures who engage in such action. At 17th level, you summon a second undead of the same kind with a single activation. Any Undead summoned this way disappears 1 minute after it is summoned.

You can only have one such effect active at a time, and can only be dismissed if you end your concentration on the spell, or if the darkness is dispelled. You can use any above additional effects of Grave Darkness to a total of 3 times, after which you can not enhance darkness in this fashion until you complete a short rest.

SENSE THE SHADOWS
    You can see through all forms of darkness (even those created with magic) with perfect clarity, and can sense the presence of any living creatures within 100 feet that are in an area of magical darkness and their quantity, even if otherwise heavily obscured. The latter sensory effect only reveals the presence of living creatures within magical Darkness, and does not reveal to you their exact location if you can not intuit it in conjunction with your normal senses.

RIME OF EMPTINESS
    Tenebrous grants you the cold sorrow of the abyss to release by including pain upon your foes. Choose either cold or Necrotic energy, All of your melee weapon attacks deal an additional +1d4 damage of the chosen energy type. You can change the energy type you choose once per round.

FLICKER
    Tenebrous grants you the ability to fade into the shadows at the most opportune moments. You know the Blink Spell. At any point, when a creature makes an attack roll against you, you can use your reaction to cast the Blink Spell without expending a spell slot, and roll your first d20 immediately, as per the spell's effect. You can cast Blink in this fashion once at 9th level, and again at 17th level, before needing a long rest to do so again.
    (E/N: An Awakened Binder bound to Tenebrous should also has these spells available IMO until the pact ends)

PACT INFORMATION:

retelling of the legend, notable factors when binding with a vestige.

If you make a poor pact with Tenebrous, he influences your personality in one of the following ways:
    Influence Description
    Bond The loss of something or someone dear to me, or the fear in me that I will lose something or someone forever, aches profoundly in my heart, .
    Flaw: My business and wellbeing is of no concern for my allies. I can handle it myself.

Compiled reference List of vestiges currently in the workshop: (I'd recommend copy-pasting this to the original post, as well as any updates to the Binder class)

1st
    Spoiler: Amon
    Show
    Amon, The Void Before The Altar.[
    According to The_Doctor.
    OR
    According to Prince Zahn

Spoiler: Dahlver-Nar
    Show
    Dahlver-Nar, The Tortured One. courtesy of The_Doctor.

Spoiler: Naberius(COMP)
    Show
    Naberius, The Grinning Hound. courtesy of Prince Zahn, aka Yours Truly.

Spoiler: Ronove
    Show
    Ronove, the Iron Maiden. (Draft) Courtesy of Spiriah.

2nd
    Spoiler: Leraje
    Show

3rd
    Spoiler: Focalor
    Show
    Focalor, the Price of Tears:
    As Told by The_Doctor.
    And
    As Told by Spiriah. & Take 2. (Spiriah)

Spoiler: Paimon(COMP)
    Show
    Paimon - The Dancer. The Prince Zahn version.

Spoiler: Primus
    Show

4th
    Spoiler: Eurynome
    Show
    Coming Soon!

5th
    Spoiler: Tenebrous(COMP)
    Show
    Tenebrous, The Shadow That Was. brought to you by Prince Zahn.

6th
    7th
    Spoiler: Acererak(COMP)
    Show

Acererak, The Devourer. courtesy of Scarce.

Spoiler: Marchosias
    Show

8th
    9th
    Spoiler: Halphax
    Show

Misc.
    Spoiler: Banjo
    Show

Spoiler: Bigger(COMP)
    Show

Bigger, The Native Son. As told by The_Doctor.

Spoiler: Emerald Lama
    Show
    Emerald Lama, Nightmare FuelThe corrupter.Brought to you by The_Doctor.

Spoiler: The King In Yellow
    Show
    The King In Yellow,
    Lord of Carcosa. By The_Doctor.
    Last King of Carcosa. By Scarce.

Spoiler: Pun-Pun
    Show
    Pun-Pun, Lord of the Powergame. As portrayed by The_Doctor.

I only wrote what I'm done with, because I can't make such assumptions for others.
    Overall I think this is not a bad pace! I'm quite proud of being part of this and making the 5e binder a real possibility. Though if anyone has unfinished vestiges, get cracking so they would be ready for the day we could playtest our beautiful hereticBinder! :3
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-07-11 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Acererak and Bigger are now complete.Added Amon (Prince Zahn), Emerald Lama, and The King In Yellow to the list of vestiges adapted to 5e.

My Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #87

Alright, working on finishing up Focalor. I'm thinking that I'll go with the following for the Aura:

Spoiler
    Show
    Aura of Sadness:You emit an aura of depression and sadness that can overtake even the most strong-willed of creatures. When a creature within 5 feet of you hits with an attack roll, you can use your reaction to sap its fighting spirit with feelings of guilt and misery. For one round, you can impose disadvantage on one attack roll, ability check, or saving throw it makes. A creature with an Intelligence score of 4 or less isn’t affected.

As for Focalor's Lightning scaling, maybe it deals 1d6 damage per level of the highest-level vestige you can bind? So it'd start at 3d6, but cap out at 9 at level 18 (which is strange, should that be changed to match spell levels?).

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Waiting for someone to read Tenebrous (I know that there's a lot to read and the post as a whole was anything but elegant. Sorry about that) My next project, in the meantime, is Malphas, the Turnfeather. He's one of my personal favorites, frankly. The original Malphas description in the pact magic sectioms go:
    Malphas allows his summoners to see without being seen, to pass through surroundings without leaving any sign, to vanish from sight, and to poison their enemies.
    1. Malphas never really granted a direct ability that let his binders pass without a trace. which is something that I want to add without actually using the spell "pass without trace", which I think gives a bonus that's really a bit too much. (+10 to stealth checks for 1 hour is like a "get out of jail free" card for the entire group.)
    2. I'm struggling with deciding how many uses of invisibility Malphas Allows. placing a cap disappoints me and removing a cap feels exploitable. same goes for any limitations I might need to apply. I failed to write a version of Malphas's invisibility that I'm happy with.

Any ideas? Thoughts suggestions? Either of Malphas or part of a Tenebrous critique?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-06-15 at 03:10 PM.

My Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like Tenebrous: Very flavorful yet balanced (though I could have some fun with a Tiefling Binder using Darkness >:) )

EDIT: Fixed up Halphax and Amon. Now can I please have more feedback on Pun-Pun and Banjo?

EDIT2:

Hello ladies. Look at your man. Now back to me.
    Now back to your man. Now back to me.
    Sadly, he isn't me. But if he stopped sitting on his butt and started binding Paimon he could fence like me.
    Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're in a ballroom with the man your man could fence like.
    What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It is a jewel-encrusted sword. Look again. The sword is now flaming.
    Anything's possible when your man fights like Paimon and not a wimp.
    I'm on a horse.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 2015-06-16 at 10:59 AM.
    Binders are fun!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT2:

Hello ladies. Look at your man. Now back to me.
    Now back to your man. Now back to me.
    Sadly, he isn't me. But if he stopped sitting on his butt and started binding Paimon he could fence like me.
    Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're in a ballroom with the man your man could fence like.
    What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It is a jewel-encrusted sword. Look again. The sword is now flaming.
    Anything's possible when your man fights like Paimon and not a wimp.
    I'm on a horse.
    ...And one pact magic internet goes to you, too, doctor, but only because that meme is about as old as Paimon

EDIT: Fixed up Halphax and Amon. Now can I please have more feedback on Pun-Pun and Banjo?
    I'll take another gander at Halphax and Amon soon. You've waited long enough for Pun-Pun and Banjo :3

@Pun-Pun:
    1. Powergame should either have a use limit or a level cap, perhaps both. That would probably dictate how powerful Pun-Pun could really be, and give a better idea at his overall level. On a personal level, I imagine he would fit right in around 4th level.
    2. (Everything is –)Awesome: +2 AC and +1 to all saves probably won't interact well with other stuff we have for the binder (like pact augmentations
    3. Divine Squirrels: one of my favorite Pun-Pun shenanigans :p needs more love: if you were to roll with attaining P-P (wow, even his initials are meta P-P) at 7th Level, an equivalent 4th level spell you might find as a useful reference is conjure minor Elemental, and the rest of that family of varying spell power. I figure rather than 1 divine squirrel, you can sic 8 of them on someone, or something.
    4. Overall needs work, but you have potential. Probably needs more abilities of his own IMO.

@Banjo:
    1. Banjelic seduction: (kudos on making it sound like Elan came up with it!) again, I have no idea where this "half proficiency" thing came from, but I'm not very find of it. Perhaps adding a less focused ability modifier (maybe dexterity or Intelligence?), and requiring you to bear his sign to use it? Or add 1d4 to the checks? Simple and not easy to make the game malfunction (again, avoiding static modifiers when possible, as WotC strongly suggested).
      This way, Banjo gives a benefit via puppetry, and puppetry is a niche without Jeff Dunham.
    2. Friends in High Places is a too strong a safety net for a first level vestige.
    3. In the same sense, Chords of Terror's AoE stun is a powerful debuff, also, we don't need to keep saying how the Binder's abilities calculate save DCs, unless you make an exception. it's safe to assume the norm is 8+Proficiency Bonus+Charisma Modifier.
    4. Wrath of Banjo is essentially Divine Smite, but divine smite requires spell slots, which the binder does not normally get, Awakened subclass notwithstanding.
    5. Some abilities are strong, others are weak or nonfunctional with this one. Work on that, play with the wording, find a clever solution, but let's try to avoid inventing new mechanics when possible. :)
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-06-16 at 02:32 PM.

My Extended Signature