A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5+ToB/PF +DSP/PoW] GitP Regulars as Maneuvers!

Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    I, eggynack, shall henceforth grant permission. Man, I gotsta wonder, is like ultra permanent permission a thing? Cause I don't really see a particular reason why I wouldn't be fine with my existence being turned into a majig. I mean, I guess if there were something like "GitP regulars as D&D paraphernalia, that will be sold to support some arbitrary thingamajog that eggynack has some particular scruples with" I'd have some qualms with just being signed up for that without specifically giving permission, but I'd figure anything produced would have to extend beyond an individual post for there to be an issue.
    Well, here's the thing: This guy,
    Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    Permission granted proper. Thank you for keeping a place for me wise Snowbluff.

Threadnaught.
    , did set a precedent, but he posts his permission anyway, so I don't think it's really a thing.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

What the heck, I've got a long and abiding love for ToB.
    Permission granted.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF +DSP/PoW] GitP Regulars as Maneuvers!

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I brought you into this thread, so I better do something! I hope you don't mind a bone themed maneuver to match your Bone Knight avatar:

Endoskeleton of War
    Discipline: Sandbox Goliath (Counter)
    Level: 7
    Prerequisites: Two Sandbox Goliath Maneuvers
    Casting Time: 1 Immediate Action
    Range: Personal
    Target: Yourself
    Duration: Rounds equal to half your constitution score.

Braggarts claim that their body is a weapon. They have no idea what sort of weapon you have in store for them.

Description
    A mob of enemies gathers around you. They strike, only to be cut on something sharp as a blade. But it is not a blade, it was your very bones.

When flanked, you can force your skeleton to extend into jagged spikes all over your body. Any enemy who makes a melee attack against you while you are using this counter deals damage normally, then takes half the damage they dealt as piercing damage.

eee! eee! eee! This is super cool! I'm proud to have such an awesome maneuver designed after me

ETA: I do, however, agree with Snowbluff's below suggestion that it shouldn't require flanking, what with it being 7th level.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-05-05 at 08:14 PM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I brought you into this thread, so I better do something! I hope you don't mind a bone themed maneuver to match your Bone Knight avatar:

Endoskeleton of War
    Level: 7
    Prerequisites: Two Sandbox Goliath Maneuvers
    Target: Yourself
    Duration: Rounds equal to half your constitution score.

Braggarts claim that their body is a weapon. They have no idea what sort of weapon you have in store for them.

Description
    A mob of enemies gathers around you. They strike, only to be cut on something sharp as a blade. But it is not a blade, it was your very bones.

When flanked, you can force your skeleton to extend into jagged spikes all over your body. Any enemy who makes a melee attack against you while you are using this counter deals damage normally, then takes half the damage they dealt as piercing damage.
    I don't think it should require being flanked. It's a bit too situational for such a high level ability as it is now.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #65

Well, here's the thing: This guy,

, did set a precedent, but he posts his permission anyway, so I don't think it's really a thing.
    I do remember noting in that comment, that it is to offer permission until I am able to post and link a comment that others can use as the source. It's all there, though I'll let you read it here so you don't have to search for it.

Rudisplorker Snowbluff, please link this post in future threads to those whose names are listed, until they are able to grant permission in the thread.
    It's effectively a placeholder, just in case I'm late to the party as with the Deities thread. And to avoid missing out on having a thing, as with the Deities thread. Also, I want a Vestige.

I would offer eggynack a position in my post, if he'd just take up the mantle of the Natural Rudisplorker. Wouldn't fill it because I can't be bothered, but I'd offer it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Well, I give my permission in the hopes that someone comes up with something. Except there's the whole "barely anybody knows me" but that means any hipsters about can capitalize on my status!
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!
    (Yeah call me empy, and also I am not actually female)

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

I, Jurai T. Madman, give permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

...You guys got through 3 pages while I was at work.

Permission given.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

One Snowbluff Maneuver, coming right up!

Strike of the Blizzard Chainsaw
    Discipline: Sandbox Goliath (Strike)
    Level: 9
    Prerequisites: Five Sandbox Goliath Maneuvers
    Initiation Action: 1 Full-round Action
    Target: One Creature within Range
    Duration: Rounds equal to twice your initiating modifier
    Saving Throw: Fortitude Partial, Will Partial

Fear grips your victim's heart as a massive spinning blade of ice appears before them, sure to rend them in twain.

Description:
    You summon a massive spinning chainsaw formed of ice crystals and drive it through the selected target. The target takes 1d8 per initiator level damage, with half being cold and piercing, and the other half not being subject to any form of resistance or damage reduction. Against enemies with the Iz subtype, you instead deal max damage. After this, they must make a fortitude save of DC 19 plus your intiating modifier or take 2d4 damage to all physical ability scores. A successful fortitude save negates this. They must also make a will save with the same DC or be slowed and panicked for a number of rounds equal to your initiating modifier. A successful will save reduces this to shaken for a number of rounds equal to your initiating modifier.

Completely overpowered, but I think it fits. And why oh why did I create this when Snowbluff is playing an initiator in a campaign with me, when my character has the Iz subtype?
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-05-05 at 09:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    1. I like details like that to not penalize the lower BAB classes given the way CMD scales.
    2. All saves are based on your initiation modifier. I should call out the base save though, which would be 13+initiation modifier.
    3. Nope, there are maneuvers known requisites, just forgot to put them in. 3rd level maneuvers require 1 maneuvers of the same discipline.
    1. Right, I got the intention, but say I'm a Monk 2/Medium BAB Martial Adept 4 with this maneuver. My martial adept class level is 4. My initiator level is 5. Initiator level seems the more natural thing to use.
    2. Alright, cool deal.
    3. Prereqs aren't always determined entirely by level, at least not in ToB, but 1 Sandbox Goliath maneuver sounds fair, assuming we get any maneuvers below 3rd level.

On that note...

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    I grant permission.

Troacctid's Transcendental Twitch
    Level: 2
    Prerequisites: One Sandbox Goliath maneuver
    Target: You
    Duration: Instantaneous

A conventional strike against you fails as easily as shaky reasoning against a clear mind. As your enemy tries to pin you down, you slip out of their reach.

You can initiate this maneuver when an opponent attempts a melee attack against you. You may take a 5-ft step before the attack is resolved. If the opponent can no longer attack you in your new position, their attack is considered wasted. Otherwise, resolve the attack as if they attacked you in your new square (for instance, if you were flanked prior to initiating this maneuver, but your movement leaves you in a position where you are no longer flanked, the attacker does not get any benefit of flanking you).

Expanation: Pi is transcendental (it isn't a root of any rational polynomial) and I'm a math geek. You're also a pretty sharp fellow, and I've seen you poke holes in some shaky bits of reasoning (including some of my own) and that seems to fit somehow. I also have a soft spot for ToB 5-ft stepping shenanigans, though I am a bit worried that this might be a bit too good in relation to said shenanigans, at least at 2nd level.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2015-05-06 at 10:55 AM.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

11. - Top - End - #71
    Firbolg in the Playground

I grant permission.

Of course, I believe I'm still waiting on my Vestige, so I have my doubts.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

I would offer eggynack a position in my post, if he'd just take up the mantle of the Natural Rudisplorker.
    How laughable, the idea, that I, the greatest and currently only of the disrudisplorker clan would adopt a title given by my greatest foes. Hwah. Hwah. Hwah.

13. - Top - End - #73

I don't think it should require being flanked. It's a bit too situational for such a high level ability as it is now.
    I've changed it to "when attacked".

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    eee! eee! eee! This is super cool! I'm proud to have such an awesome maneuver designed after me
    I am glad you like it!

I'll be rounding up sweep #2 in a minute if I can keep myself awake.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Gonna post permission. See if anyone posts it after who I think I could make something for.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-05 at 11:06 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    Troacctid's Transcendental Twitch
    Level: 2
    Prerequisites: One Sandbox Goliath maneuver
    Target: You
    Duration: Instantaneous

A conventional strike against you fails as easily as shaky reasoning against a clear mind. As your enemy tries to pin you down, you slip out of their reach.

You can initiate this maneuver when an opponent attempts an attack against you. You may take a 5-ft step before the attack is resolved. If the opponent can no longer attack you in your new position, their attack is considered wasted. Otherwise, resolve the attack as if they attacked you in your new square (for instance, if you were flanked prior to initiating this maneuver, but your movement leaves you in a position where you are no longer flanked, the attacker does not get any benefit of flanking you).

Expanation: Pi is transcendental (it isn't a root of any rational polynomial) and I'm a math geek. You're also a pretty sharp fellow, and I've seen you poke holes in some shaky bits of reasoning (including some of my own) and that seems to fit somehow. I also have a soft spot for ToB 5-ft stepping shenanigans, though I am a bit worried that this might be a bit too good in relation to said shenanigans, at least at 2nd level.
    Seems sweet! I like it! I'd probably make it only counter melee attacks to avoid confusion, since it seems weird for an arrow or a laser to change course in midair to hit you in your new spot.

16. - Top - End - #76

Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-07 at 04:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    I grant permission.

Of course, I believe I'm still waiting on my Vestige, so I have my doubts.
    Strike of the Twin Planes
    Discipline: Sandbox Goliath.
    Level: 3
    Type: Strike
    Prerequisite: 1 Sandbox Goliath Maneuver
    Action: Standard Action
    Range: Melee or ranged attack
    Target: 1 Creature

There was once two planetouched that knew each other for as long as the other could remember. They traveled the world together, trying new things, examining artifacts, and practicing fighting techniques.

When you activate this strike, make one attack and then another, each with a different weapon, against a single target. The first attack deals an extra 2d6 fire damage if it hits, and the second attack deals an extra 2d6 cold damage. If both attacks hit, the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws for two rounds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's about the tiefling and aasimar images you do. :3
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-06 at 12:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

There. See people? You want something done? CRY ABOUT IT.

So it's Wolf Fang Strike with extra bite. Nice.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I give my permission!!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

For those of you who are new to these kinds of threads, I've found that the best way to get people to write an entry about you is to write an entry about someone else. That way, the person who you wrote an entry about feels guilty that you don't have one yet and that guilt will devour them from the inside out until they feel compelled to repay the favor. Right, all you people I wrote maneuvers, vestiges, items, veils, deities for? Right?

That, or just be famous on the site.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

I'm kind of saddened that, despite my love of Inarnum/Akashic and ToB/PoW, I as of yet have neither a Meld/Veil or a maneuver.

I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I'm kind of saddened that, despite my love of Inarnum/Akashic and ToB/PoW, I as of yet have neither a Meld/Veil or a maneuver.

Yes, its a shame no one took the time to make a veil for you.
    Ungrateful.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I went looking for that. I think somebody forgot to add it to the first post...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post

Lost Post
    Discipline: Sandbox Goliath (Strike); Level: 2
    Initiation Action: 1 standard action
    Range: Melee or ranged attack
    Target: One creature
    Duration: Initiator Mod Rounds

Sometimes you just miss things.

Make an attack against a target dealing normal damage. You become invisible, as the spell invisibility, to this creature and this creature only for a number of rounds equal to your initiation modifier. Hostile actions break this invisibility as usual.

(Basically, its just a joke about my veil getting overlooked.)
    Last edited by stack; 2015-05-06 at 08:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

We can go and beat up the paladin if it would make you feel better!
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Permission granted because why not. Let's see if I actually have a "character" on this forum or if I'm as much of a Boringly Normal Guy What Happens to Post a Lot as I think I am.

...Okay, I have rather gotten into the spirit of a certain thread in the Media subforum (), but let's see if someone can't put together a version disregarding that anomaly (in addition to the version taking it into account, of course, not instead of).
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-05-07 at 03:07 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wonder what kind of maneuver would be created for me?

Permission granted.
    Last edited by dysprosium; 2015-05-06 at 08:56 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    How laughable, the idea, that I, the greatest and currently only of the disrudisplorker clan would adopt a title given by my greatest foes. Hwah. Hwah. Hwah.
    That's fair, those who improve themselves and have their own personalities can be offensive to some. I won't try to disband your little gang, and I promise you, anyone who followed the High Rudisplorker to Rudisplorkia (our space fortress) will be under orders not to discredit or attack you unless provoked.

That being said, would you like to step into my van? I've got some Animal Companions to show you. I promise this isn't a ruse just to remove our opposition, we appreciate the challenge too much. Now get in the van so I can eggynap you let you see these really awesome Wild Shape forms.

All this Rudisplorker chatter, I'm thinking. Someone must create a Rudisplork based Maneuver/Stance.
    I think I'll make one, you want it eggynack? Then join the guild.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    We can go and beat up the paladin if it would make you feel better!
    Care to run that by me again?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I never specified who's fault it was. It can't be your fault LP, since you didn't make the thread and can't edit the first post, so clearly you're not the one who needs beat up.

Although, I will probably still beat you up since you never got back to me about your opinion on the Knight Disciple archetype.