New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5+ToB/PF +DSP/PoW] GitP Regulars as Maneuvers!

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    It also would have to be moved over to message board games, where it will probably die (since it's almost exclusively targeted at people who frequent this subforum).
    well, this subforum, from my experience at least, is by far the most popular.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

*doesn't actually frequent this subforum... usually sticks to Homebrew and SMBG*
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I actually have no idea how we got someone like you here. Maybe the thread was working as intended?
    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Torm almighty- Snowbluff! You can't just say that! My five Iz companions will take offense!
    Wow, five? Anyway, who cares if they waste one live being objects. They have so many others to look forward to.
    Also, you've been absent from our PbP all day.
    LP, honey, it's been 3 hours since I've posted. XD
    It also would have to be moved over to message board games, where it will probably die (since it's almost exclusively targeted at people who frequent this subforum).
    Si e no. The threads are support to grow via word of mouth. If you want to stat someone, you message them. Additionally, the thread for MtG will still be listed under the gaming section, attracting the MtG players in the community. I'll make sure to leave a post or PM everyone before starting that thread, too.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-11 at 07:18 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Si e no. The threads are support to grow via word of mouth. If you want to stat someone, you message them. Additionally, the thread for MtG will still be listed under the gaming section, attracting the MtG players in the community. I'll make sure to leave a post or PM everyone before starting that thread, too.
    Eh. I'd still much prefer to stick with archetypes/ACFs or Elder Evils.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

I chuckled at the Clone Toss maneuver. "Causing the clone to instinctively monk at the target" is absolutely gold.

And to the rest of you, Monks are people too! We may be the redheaded stepchild of the martial family, but they're still people!

And LP, specifically which five are currently being "taken care of"?
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I chuckled at the Clone Toss maneuver. "Causing the clone to instinctively monk at the target" is absolutely gold.

And to the rest of you, Monks are people too! We may be the redheaded stepchild of the martial family, but they're still people!

The two he already owned and three from my ranch. So, IZ, IZ, IZ, IZ, and IZ.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Ilorin's Magical Dressup
    Sandbox Goliath (Boost)
    Level: 1st.
    Initiation Action: 1 swift action.
    Range: Personal.
    Target: You.
    Duration: See below.
    In a burst of music and light you suddenly become clad in a suit of armor you possess; either one you own within 1 mile, or one you are carrying. This burst of light leaves you glowing for a few moments and until the start of your next turn creatures attacking you in melee suffer a -3 penalty to hit. The donned armor becomes highly stylized for 1 minute, appearing either as a dress with a short skirt (stockings optional) if Light or Medium, or as a suit of powered armor similar to a golem if Heavy (use category before modifications for Mithral).

You must not be wearing armor to initiate this maneuver. The light produced is equivalent to a 1st level spell and as bright as a torch, and the music is optional but you may make a Perform (any musical instrument or sing) check to determine its quality. This is a supernatural maneuver.

Is that anime enough for you?
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-11 at 08:23 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Is that anime enough for you?
    I don't really talk much about my campaigns here, but I will say working on a Mecha campaign and my last completed campaign was Mahou Shoujo - in which I had a big push for my players to create their transformation sequences.

In short: Yes. Yes, it is. I love it.
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2015-05-11 at 08:39 PM.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

The primary concern is that a dazed creature can't attempt to break out of a grapple. Maybe limit them such that the only action they can take is to attempt to break out of the grapple via Escape Artist/their own Grapple check? Otherwise this negates literally every defense against grapple other than pumping CMD.

Okay, fine. You can have your weird sex-combat. I'll be over here in the no-fun-allowed corner
    That's meant in jest, in case it isn't clear.
    After thinking about it I've decided to split the dazing effect off into a boost and drop the now daze-less stance's level to 1, mainly because having to wait until IL 9 to properly use one's Dexterity bonus in a grapple is incredibly unsatisfying. The last thing we need is for aspiring DEX-grapplers to have performance issues, they shouldn't be denied the basics of the art just because they aren't experienced enough.

I'm confident that with these changes my creation will be truly able to give LoyalPaladin an aneurism meet Tayla's standards.

You have violated the- you know what. You guys enjoy your naked stance. I'm going to go mope on Snowbluff's floor.

*angrily packs suit case* Kids these days and their blatant disrespect for the law.
    I couldn't have done it without you. Red Fel can keep purple, my evil color is now red bolded.

Why would I do that, when I could use this shiny diplomacy to ask the nice barmaid what the laws are? I mean, it hasn't failed me yet.
    If I didn't know better I'd say you could benefit quite a bit from a grappling-focused discipline yourself.

So I guess it would have been fair to ask what a Tiefling/Aasimar would be like.
    If I'm remembering my comics right, it would be a quasi-deity.

My personal vote is for Elder Evils. Seeing LP as am Elder Evil would be fun. And I already have an idea for Red Fel.
    I like this idea.

Blackhawk's Bloody Fountain
    Sandbox Goliath (Strike)
    Level: 7th
    Prerequisites: 3 Sandbox Goliath maneuvers.
    Initiation Action: Standard action.
    Range: Melee attack.
    Target: 1 creature.
    You strike hard at your target, attempting to pierce them to the core or, hopefully, reduce them to naught but ludicrous gibs. Make a single melee attack, if it hits you deal +12d6 damage and if this attack causes a creature to drop (as defined in the Cleave feat) you may immediately repeat this maneuver against another target within range (this replaces any attack you would gain from the Cleave feat); you may take a 5-ft step between this maneuver and the granted attack or swift action movement if you possess it. In addition if this maneuver kills a target they explode in a fountain of blood, getting blood everywhere within a 5-ft radius +5-ft per size category above Small they were; this has the additional benefit of preventing them from being revived through raise dead though they leave pieces of flesh large enough for a resurrection spell.
    For maximum style points, use this with an unarmed strike.

Clone Toss
    Sandbox Goliath (Strike)
    Level: 2nd.
    Prerequisites: 1 Sandbox Goliath maneuvers.
    Initiation Action: 1 standard action.
    Range: Normally up to 100-ft (20-ft range increment).
    Target: 1 creature or object.
    When you initiate this maneuver you generate a semi-alive clone of IZ42 tossing them at your foe, causing the clone to reflexively monk at your target. The clone functions as a thrown weapon that deals 2d10 base damage, has a critical threat range of 20, and x2 damage on a crit, and a range increment of 20-ft. If you hit the target the clone is killed, as if it were ammunition, and if you miss it has a 50% chance of being killed. These clones have 1 HD (humanoid), 15 Str, 15 Dex, 15 Con, - Int, 10 Wis, 1 Cha, cannot learn any tricks, and remain completely passive after their initial instance of monking at one foe. They appear completely naked as the day they were cloned.

This is a supernatural maneuver.
    Because creating humanoids at will is incredibly balanced.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    After thinking about it I've decided to split the dazing effect off into a boost and drop the now daze-less stance's level to 1, mainly because having to wait until IL 9 to properly use one's Dexterity bonus in a grapple is incredibly unsatisfying. The last thing we need is for aspiring DEX-grapplers to have performance issues, they shouldn't be denied the basics of the art just because they aren't experienced enough.

I'm confident that with these changes my creation will be truly able to give LoyalPaladin an aneurism meet Tayla's standards.
    Oooh, I actually like that. Non-fully-spammable save-or-daze is much more balanced, and the stance would be much more available to non-initiators. I am immensely proud of the double entendre in the second part of that sentence.

Because creating humanoids at will is incredibly balanced.
    The Bag of Rats: Now with 90% less ethics!
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, I actually like that. Non-fully-spammable save-or-daze is much more balanced, and the stance would be much more available to non-initiators. I am immensely proud of the double entendre in the second part of that sentence.
    Editing done. I also switched from dazed to stunned because it fits better.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Firbolg in the Playground

LP, honey, it's been 3 hours since I've posted. XD
    My work program went down. I got lonely and had a moment of weakness. It won't happen again.

Well, originally it was Kokah Kohla and Mt. Due. But now I also have IZ, IZ, and IZ because of Elric.

It's too late. You guys gave me an aneurysm a long time ago.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-12 at 09:37 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

It's too late. You guys have me an aneurysm a long time ago.
    Wait, what? When did this happen? Why wasn't I invited to the party?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

My work program went down. I got lonely and had a moment of weakness. It won't happen again.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

15. - Top - End - #375

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Wait, what? When did this happen? Why wasn't I invited to the party?
    I'm surprised you're excited. IZ42 and Sith_Happens have been encroaching on your evil territory the past few weeks.

This paladin did not want to wake up.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm surprised you're excited. IZ42 and Sith_Happens have been encroaching on your evil territory the past few weeks.
    Yep, looks like you're building up one of these, Red.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm terribly confused. Would someone explaining what's going on help or should I just accept that... whatever is going on right now is incomprehensible?
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm terribly confused. Would someone explaining what's going on help or should I just accept that... whatever is going on right now is incomprehensible?
    You should have joined in on the earlier "Gitp's Regulars as _________" threads. This is tame by comparison, but also filled with inside jokes.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Sandcube of Jurai
    Sandbox Goliath (Stance)
    Level: 8th.
    Prerequisites: 4 Sandbox Golaith maneuvers
    Duration: Stance.

There is a world somewhere in the multiverse for every action that can occur. While you are in this stance, you overlay the multiple worlds and can force the results you want onto this world by guiding another world's events onto this one. This is a dangerous technique, however, that is not without consequences.

While you are in this stance, you can treat any skill check, ability check, save, or attack roll as if you had rolled a 19. Each time you use this ability, take 2 points of damage to the attribute that corrosponds with that roll (no save) after the results are totaled. This damage can not be reduced in any manner and can not be restored for 1 hour while the full ramifications of overlaying multiple realities resolve themselves. For example, you may treat a Reflex save as if you had rolled a 19 but you then take 2 points of damage to Dexterity after determining the total of the save. This is a supernatural effect.

I got the idea for this from Jurai's sig with a little help from the Uchiha ability Izanagi from Naruto. What does everyone think?
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-05-12 at 10:25 AM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, looks like you're building up one of these, Red.
    ... To be fair, the Ginyu Tokusentai has style. I can respect that.

This won't end up anything like that jockstrap incident, anyways...

Pretty much. We start off with the best of intentions, of course, creating fun feats, or races, or classes, but inevitably it turns into gifs and snide remarks about Paladins and Elric getting a card because he failed to declare a point of order...

*gives Elric a card*

But mostly we just blame Dio.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Pretty much. We start off with the best of intentions, of course, creating fun feats, or races, or classes, but inevitably it turns into gifs and snide remarks about Paladins and Elric getting a card because he failed to declare a point of order...

*gives Elric a card*

But mostly we just blame Dio.
    *Gives Red Fel a card for not declaring a point of order, and a second card for explaining the rules of the thread*

EDIT POST: Elricaltovilla has unleashed a new brand of hell on these threads by introducing Mao.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

*Gives Red Fel a card for not declaring a point of order, and a second card for explaining the rules of the thread*
    *gives Elric a card for an undisclosed rules violation*

*deals cards to everyone at the table for an undisclosed rules violation*

See what I mean?

EDIT: Yeah, that stance is seriously powerful. Maybe as a counter instead?
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-05-12 at 10:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

You should have joined in on the earlier "Gitp's Regulars as _________" threads. This is tame by comparison, but also filled with inside jokes.
    I have an excuse! I was getting my ass kicked by college for a few months!

But whatever. We all have to join in the fun at some point, and it isn't always going to be at the start. I'm sure I can catch on (or at least pretend that I have) as these keep appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Sandcube of Jurai
    Sandbox Goliath (Stance)
    Level: 8th.
    Prerequisites: 4 Sandbox Golaith maneuvers
    Duration: Stance.

There is a world somewhere in the multiverse for every action that can occur. While you are in this stance, you overlay the multiple worlds and can force the results you want onto this world by guiding another world's events onto this one. This is a dangerous technique, however, that is not without consequences.

While you are in this stance, you can treat any skill check, ability check, save, or attack roll as if you had rolled a 19. Each time you use this ability, take 2 points of damage to the attribute that corrosponds with that roll (no save) after the results are totaled. For example, you may treat a Reflex save as if you had rolled a 19 but you then take 2 points of damage to Dexterity after determining the total of the save. This is a supernatural effect.

I got the idea for this from Jurai's sig with a little help from the Uchiha ability Izanagi from Naruto. What does everyone think?
    Broken as hell with Strongheart Vest, or even Naberius. Not sure how to fix it.

*eats the card*

I hope I'm doing this right... You won't be needing that card back, will you?
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-05-12 at 10:02 AM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384

Yeah... usually there are more gifs of Snowbluff cutting is in half or just screaming. Snowbluff has a really good gif for manic screaming. Haha.

*gives Elric a card*
    *refuses to say anything*

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

*refuses to say anything*
    *gives LP a card for failure to say... something*

I hope I'm doing this right... You won't be needing that card back, will you?
    ... Point of Order. I'm pretty sure Extra loses the game at this point. What say we call it and go for drinks?

Extra's buying.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-05-12 at 10:04 AM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

... Point of Order. I'm pretty sure Extra loses the game at this point. What say we call it and go for drinks?

Extra's buying.
    Works for me. Extra loses, and loser always buys drinks, it's a rule.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Broken as hell with Strongheart Vest, or even Naberius. Not sure how to fix it.
    I am unfamiliar with those. What are they?
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

28. - Top - End - #388

Works for me. Extra loses, and loser always buys drinks, it's a rule.
    Upon going way too far back, in a feeble attempt to find the screaming gif, I found the beginning of the GitP Regulars as X thread's gif shenanigans.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-12 at 10:16 AM.

29. - Top - End - #389

*attempts to examine card for clues, despite everyone already heading out for drinks*
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-05-12 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    I am unfamiliar with those. What are they?
    One lets you reduce ability score damage you take, the other lets you regenerate ability score damage 1/round I think. I can't remember which is which.

Strongheart Vest is a soulmeld though, and Naberius is a vestige.