New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5+ToB/PF +DSP/PoW] GitP Regulars as Maneuvers!

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Broken as hell with Strongheart Vest, or even Naberius. Not sure how to fix it.
    Aren't those effects that reduce/remove ability damage taken? Couldn't text be added to say that you can't use the ability if there's an effect that provides a reduction or immunity to ability damage?

Could also add in that the only way to remove this damage is with natural healing to prevent them from keeping a wand of lesser restoration about.
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2015-05-12 at 10:18 AM.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    ... Point of Order. I'm pretty sure Extra loses the game at this point. What say we call it and go for drinks?

Extra's buying.
    (more of a point of chaos, really)

Oh, um, okay, I guess. Barkeep, a round on me! Just water for me, though. Not actually a drinker, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilorin Lorati View Post
    Aren't those effects that reduce/remove ability damage taken? Couldn't text be added to say that you can't use the ability if there's an effect that provides a reduction or immunity to ability damage?

Could also add in that the only way to remove this damage is with natural healing to prevent them from keeping a wand of lesser restoration about.
    Maybe the damage can't be reduced, and unlike normal ability damage returns at a rate of 1 point per hour and cannot be restored by any other means?

Alternately, have the stance impose a -1 penalty to the type of roll used for 1 hour (or 1 minute if an attack roll). I feel like this would be a bit better. It is an 8th-level stance, after all.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-05-12 at 10:23 AM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

(more of a point of chaos, really)

Oh, um, okay, I guess. Barkeep, a round on me! Just water for me, though. Not actually a drinker, myself.
    I'm fairly certain you meant to post this. I'm not apologizing.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Maybe the damage can't be reduced, and unlike normal ability damage returns at a rate of 1 point per hour and cannot be restored by any other means?

Alternately, have the stance impose a -1 penalty to the type of roll used for 1 hour (or 1 minute if an attack roll). I feel like this would be a bit better. It is an 8th-level stance, after all.
    Adjusted it so the damage can't be prevented and you must wait 1 hour before it can be restored. Good for a short burst of nigh-omnipotence, but dangerous to use for extended periods.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-05-12 at 10:27 AM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Easy fix for the Sand Cube is make it Ability Burn instead of Ability Damage

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Ability Burn

This is a special form of ability damage that cannot be magically or psionically healed. It is caused by the use of certain psionic feats and powers. It returns only through natural healing.
    Highly useful as an actual limiter unlike ability damage. They just never brought it back after XPH. And nothing that cost it in XPH was ever worth it.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-12 at 10:28 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'm fairly certain you meant to post this. I'm not apologizing.
    Porque no los dos? I didn't specify what it was a round of

Now I'm curious about that link, though. I'm having trouble finding what/who this was a performance of/by. Some sort of Bleach musical?
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-05-12 at 10:32 AM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Easy fix for the Sand Cube is make it Ability Burn instead of Ability Damage

Highly useful as an actual limiter unlike ability damage. They just never brought it back after XPH. And nothing that cost it in XPH was ever worth it.
    Sounds fun, but would make it a 1/week ability.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

I can moonlight on the quirky miniboss squad, but only under the condition that if I am also moonlighting on the hero's team I get to not participate and then clean up after the fight before the hero's get to recover and claim all the glory if I succeed.

On the matter of this card game, I take the stance that the only way to win is to not participate. I do have a specialty in war after all. Though that specialty is mainly making it very near impossible for the other side to win not in actually winning. So just say no.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #399

Now I'm curious about that link, though. I'm having trouble finding what/who this was a performance of/by. Some sort of Bleach musical?
    It is called the "Bankai Show" I think... it is a mix between hilarious and mildly disturbing.

10. - Top - End - #400

BardGuy

My guy stands off to the side and plays the theme music for the quirky miniboss squad.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    My guy stands off to the side and plays the theme music for the quirky miniboss squad.
    You mean this theme music?
    Rules disclosure! Whenever someone mentions Ginyu, you must recite the mantra:
    Tokusentai! Tokusentai!
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile I'll just continue creating evil things. Like stances which encourage public nudity, and maneuvers which callously and carelessly create and destroy human life, slowly corrupting the soul of their user

Then again I think I might be the Finster of the mini-boss squad.

Sinister Fists of the Quirky Squad

Sandbox Goliath (Strike)
    Level: 2nd.
    Initiation Action: Standard (see below).
    Range: Melee attack.
    Target: 1 creature.
    A squad must demonstrate teamwork and the ability to work together, at least until they have narratively cemented their place as a threat at which points the heroes undermine this teamwork easily and lead them to self-defeating acts. Before that time, however, they make a fierce team which strikes with a speed and force unlike any other.

When you initiate this maneuver any number of allies within 30-ft which have this maneuver readied and unexpended may immediately initiate it as well, using the Standard action of their next turn to do so. This maneuver deals +2d6 damage per other instance initiated simultaneously within 30-ft of you, up to +1d6/initiator level.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

You mean this theme music?
    Rules disclosure! Whenever someone mentions Ginyu, you must recite the mantra:
    Tokusentai! Tokusentai!
    Is there some stylistic thing where Japanese songs use a lot of English words, or do they really have that many cognates?

Also, those guys make refusing to share a chocolate parfait sound pretty badass. I approve of this being the quirky miniboss squad music.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Then again I think I might be the Finster of the mini-boss squad.
    Don't be silly. Finster was never part of the QMBS. He was an NPC. Also, he was adorable, so the fact that his colleagues were miserable and utter failures in the American series (their original counterparts were a bit darker and more nuanced) doesn't blow back in his face.

Sinister Fists of the Quirky Squad

Sandbox Goliath (Strike)
    Level: 2nd.
    Initiation Action: Standard (see below).
    Range: Melee attack.
    Target: 1 creature.
    A squad must demonstrate teamwork and the ability to work together, at least until they have narratively cemented their place as a threat at which points the heroes undermine this teamwork easily and lead them to self-defeating acts. Before that time, however, they make a fierce team which strikes with a speed and force unlike any other.

When you initiate this maneuver any number of allies within 30-ft which have this maneuver readied and unexpended may immediately initiate it as well, using the Standard action of their next turn to do so. This maneuver deals +2d6 damage per other instance initiated simultaneously within 30-ft of you, up to +1d6/initiator level.
    Ooh, now here's an interesting idea. Could we make a Stance out of this, slightly higher level, that makes use of PF's Teamwork feats?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Is there some stylistic thing where Japanese songs use a lot of English words, or do they really have that many cognates?
    Japanese songs love gratuitous English. Japan uses a lot of gratuitous English.

Don't be silly. Finster was never part of the QMBS. He was an NPC. Also, he was adorable, so the fact that his colleagues were miserable and utter failures in the American series (their original counterparts were a bit darker and more nuanced) doesn't blow back in his face.
    Well yes, I get to stand back and make the real problems while the rest get beaten up by heroes again and again

Ooh, now here's an interesting idea. Could we make a Stance out of this, slightly higher level, that makes use of PF's Teamwork feats?
    Don't know enough about PF's Teamwork feats to make it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Also, those guys make refusing to share a chocolate parfait sound pretty badass. I approve of this being the quirky miniboss squad music.
    As a matter of fact, using (sometimes broken) English in Japanese media is quite popular. (There's an entire website dedicated to less-than-successful attempts.)

That said, it's not that there are cognates, but the Japanese language borrows heavily (by which I mean steals words) from other languages to fill in gaps in its own. For example, the Japanese word for a job is the German word arbeit; the Japanese word for bread is the Portuguese pan. They do take rather extensively from other languages, and English is a particular favorite.

And yes. The Ginyu Tokusentai constitutes some of the most badass schoolyard bullies slash ballerinas in the galaxy. Tokusentai! Tokusentai!

Don't know enough about PF's Teamwork feats to make it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible.
    Linky! Basically, if multiple allies have the same Teamwork feat, you can gain certain situational bonuses. Generally not popular because of the feat tax they impose on multiple party members, but some classes or features give you the ability to share Teamwork feats, thus making them more valuable. Perhaps a stance that allows you to treat allies within a given radius as sharing your Teamwork feats for the purpose of said feats?

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, everyone blurt out which one you want next.
    I'm surprised you're excited.
    Red Fel is a harmless littely kitty. That's why I like him.

Red Fel, we need to get you that avatar.
    This paladin did not want to wake up.
    Well, you couldn't. There was still blood on my floor.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Anything but archetypes/ACFs. They're all I've written for the past year.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

A lot of Japanese learn some amount of English in school, it isn't that uncommon for them to use English words for various reasons. They actually have an entire alphabet just for spelling words from other languages, even though it is pretty much the same as their normal phonetic alphabet with alternate characters.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Which thread, I'm guessing? Elder Evils! Specifically a Name, Signs, Malefic Properties, and optionally Goals as well.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Red Fel is a harmless littely kitty. That's why I like him.

Red Fel, we need to get you that avatar.
    Seriously, yeah. Any idea who I need to pester to get one?

Because my artistic talents couldn't get me work with the crew of Crayon Shin-chan. Not even cleaning up the wastebaskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Sounds like a vote for M:tG cards to me.

Don't get me wrong, I could see Elder Evils and all, it's just... Man, that's where I live, you know?

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Because my artistic talents couldn't get me work with the crew of Crayon Shin-chan. Not even cleaning up the wastebaskets.
    This is the official request an Oots avatar thread. If you want a different style of avatar, I'm not sure who you bother.

Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Archetypes/ACFs.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    So... would my Elder Evil be the biggest and ebilest if I do that next?:p
    You're supposed to request it here, but I'm a special snowflake so I just PM Ceika or Telasi directly.
    Sounds like a vote for M:tG cards to me.

Don't get me wrong, I could see Elder Evils and all, it's just... Man, that's where I live, you know?
    Uh huh. Like when I walk into a party and the only thing anyone brought was guacamole.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    This is the official request an Oots avatar thread. If you want a different style of avatar, I'm not sure who you bother.
    This is a thing? This is a thing!

I'm doing the thing!

EDIT: I did the thing!
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-05-12 at 11:30 AM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

This is a thing? This is a thing!

I'm doing the thing!

EDIT: I did the thing!
    It's a bit strange to see the evil mastermind get so excited like a little puppy.

...Please stop it. It bothers and disturbs me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

27. - Top - End - #417

BardGuy

Tokusentai Teamwork!!
    Sandbox Goliath (Stance)
    Level: 3rd.
    Initiation Action: Standard.
    Range: 30'.
    Duration: Stance.

You and your teammates strike a pose to inspire unit cohesion and espirit du corps.

When you initiate this stance, any ally within 30' may join you as a squad member as an immediate action. Any ally in your squad gains a +1 circumstance bonus to attack and damage rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC for each member in the squad. They may not have any other stances active while benefiting from this stance.
    Spoiler: Pathfinder
    Show
    If you have any Teamwork feats, any ally who joins your squad when you activate this stance is treated as having the same Teamwork feats.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-05-12 at 12:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418

Well, you couldn't. There was still blood on my floor.
    No wonder I had the strange obsession with creating a vampire this morning...

Which thread, I'm guessing? Elder Evils! Specifically a Name, Signs, Malefic Properties, and optionally Goals as well.
    Elder Evils seconded.

I'm gonna do the thing too...

Edit:
    I too, have now done the thing.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-12 at 11:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm gonna do the thing too...

Edit:
    I too, have now done the thing.
    Doing the thing is a good thing to be doing! Today is a glorious day indeed!
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Archetypes/ACFs.
    Yes, this one.