New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5+ToB/PF +DSP/PoW] GitP Regulars as Maneuvers!

Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-05-06 at 09:39 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #92

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I never specified who's fault it was. It can't be your fault LP, since you didn't make the thread and can't edit the first post, so clearly you're not the one who needs beat up.
    Fair enough, I'll just allow Snowbluff to chew on Iz next time he asks for help.

Although, I will probably still beat you up since you never got back to me about your opinion on the Knight Disciple archetype.
    WHAT! That is preposterous, I totally- wait a second. This thing ate my message! I totally went in depth on that thing.

I really liked it! Its like a Paladin / Crusader / Knight of the Chalice. Which is awesome. 10/10 would play.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, now this I wanna see if I'm cool enough to deserve one.

Permission Granted.
    Last edited by Ilorin Lorati; 2015-05-06 at 09:49 AM.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

I never specified who's fault it was. It can't be your fault LP, since you didn't make the thread and
    can't edit the first post, so clearly you're not the one who needs beat up.
    Sorry about that. Someone was wasting my time.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #95

That aggression though... does Paladin-Sensei need to put you two in a corner? I mean, it's either that or I could stick you both in a ring with a lightsaber and chainsaw. That seems fair as well.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    WHAT! That is preposterous, I totally- wait a second. This thing ate my message! I totally went in depth on that thing.

I really liked it! Its like a Paladin / Crusader / Knight of the Chalice. Which is awesome. 10/10 would play.
    Totally understand. I hate when that happens.

7. - Top - End - #97

Totally understand. I hate when that happens.
    Even though I tried my best... I was shot down.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-06 at 09:59 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

What? I quoted you and snowbluff and said the same thing to both of you. Cuz, I hate it when my messages get et, and I hate it when I get distracted by other things. I was trying to be efficient I suppose.

9. - Top - End - #99

What? I quoted you and snowbluff and said the same thing to both of you. Cuz, I hate it when my messages get et, and I hate it when I get distracted by other things. I was trying to be efficient I suppose.
    Oh, I thought that was a pointed comment towards me. Thus the "shot down" comment. I thought you were telling me I wasted your time! But since you didn't say that...

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

That aggression though... does Paladin-Sensei need to put you two in a corner? I mean, it's either that or I could stick you both in a ring with a lightsaber and chainsaw. That seems fair as well.
    Nah, it's toxic. I won't touch it. That's what the Xanatos image was all about. Either he acquiesces and the thread proves its continued usefulness or I determine it's effectively a waste of time and disengage. Either way I'm better off.
    I think it's funnier when I misinterpret it. :p
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-06 at 10:12 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I will get the spray bottle LoyalPaladin.

12. - Top - End - #102

Nah, it's toxic. I won't touch it.
    If you're getting it from me, it is most likely axiomatic. But I won't press the issue.

I think it's funnier when I misinterpret it. :p
    You live to see me burn! Speaking of scapegoats. Iz is totally free for you to sacrifice. The temple of Palladian no longer shelters clerics of Izfort.

I will get the spray bottle LoyalPaladin.
    You're so cold to me... haha.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-06 at 10:14 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

If you're getting it from me, it is most likely axiomatic. But I won't press the issue.

You live to see me burn! Speaking of scapegoats. Iz is totally free for you to sacrifice. The temple of Palladian no longer shelters clerics of Izfort.
    Well, He could always contract out bodyguard services through my church. We've got plenty of Warders and Paladins of our own. Our paladins even have useful class features!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, go ahead. Like I've said, I'm onto bigger and "not polluted with crappy fanbases"er things, and I think the plan was neat.
    I don't know why IZfort and Palladian were working together in the first place. :p
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-06 at 10:17 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Well, He could always contract out bodyguard services through my church. We've got plenty of Warders and Paladins of our own. Our paladins even have useful class features!
    Ouch. Luckily for me though, I am not in a Lawful pantheon. I am in the Loyal pantheon. Which some how netted me this little beauty as a teammate.

I don't know why IZfort and Palladian were working together in the first place. :p
    As above, I'm in the Loyal pantheon. But that is STILL less confusing that why we ended up in the same pantheon. I guess it's the great things we get done in conjunction with eachother.

Example: these threads. You post and define, while I pick up all the little pieces and make them look good. It's the perfect L&C working together scenario.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ouch. Luckily for me though, I am not in a Lawful pantheon. I am in the Loyal pantheon. Which some how netted me this little beauty as a teammate.

As above, I'm in the Loyal pantheon. But that is STILL less confusing that why we ended up in the same pantheon. I guess it's the great things we get done in conjunction with eachother.

Example: these threads. You post and define, while I pick up all the little pieces and make them look good. It's the perfect L&C working together scenario.
    It's sad that the unaligned god of martial ability is more trustworthy than the god of paladins... At least as long as you keep up your end of the bargain, you never have to worry about me breaking a contract. Guess I should send a detachment of Monks of the Silver Fist to guard Iz until the paper's signed though.

17. - Top - End - #107

It's sad that the unaligned god of martial ability is more trustworthy than the god of paladins... At least as long as you keep up your end of the bargain, you never have to worry about me breaking a contract. Guess I should send a detachment of Monks of the Silver Fist to guard Iz until the paper's signed though.
    Right, Monks. Also, I am very trustworthy. In fact, I keep up the law quite well. But unfortunately, Izfort has shifted to NE and betrayed my trust.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Uh huh. I can't think of a more fun way to play a martial divine caster, including Pathfinder.

If it sounds like I haven't gotten to play enough divine casters, it's because I haven't.
    It's true.
    Monks? You know that wouldn't accomplish much more than provoke me, right? Iz would be safer if you kept them far away from him.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-06 at 10:33 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Uh huh. I can't think of a more fun way to play a martial divine caster, including Pathfinder.

If it sounds like I haven't gotten to play enough divine casters, it's because I haven't.
    It's true.

Monks? You know that wouldn't accomplish much more than provoke me, right? Iz would be safer if you kept them far away from him.
    Man, I put all this work into writing these things, and you guys just don't even bother reading them do you?

You'd be a lot more impressed with the Monk of the Silver Fist if you read it. They're excellent single target tanks, and focus on hard control (i.e. forcing the enemy to target the monk instead of the monk's ally).

20. - Top - End - #110

Man, I put all this work into writing these things, and you guys just don't even bother reading them do you?
    You told me to look at one thing specifically! I didn't want to snoop into top secret Altovilla information.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Luckily, I'm pretty much indestructible. And Snow doesn't really want to kill me, because then I would be no fun.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

You told me to look at one thing specifically! I didn't want to snoop into top secret Altovilla information.
    I only mentioned the one that I thought would interest you specifically. All that stuff is publicly available playtest material.

23. - Top - End - #113

I only mentioned the one that I thought would interest you specifically. All that stuff is publicly available playtest material.
    Oh, I see. That would make sense.

Someday I would like a tank paladin class. 12 HD and all Auras. Lose the smite ability and gain a taunt. That'd be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Luckily, I'm pretty much indestructible. And Snow doesn't really want to kill me, because then I would be no fun.
    We sort of cloned you while you weren't looking. At first it was an experiment. But then Snow got all incensed and started killing the clones. Probably better to just offer up the source at this point. You understand, don't ya Iz? After all, "The wise man may act first, but he will not act without thought." Book of Izfort, 5:17. Clearly saving the rest of the world is a wise decision, we thank you for your sacrifice.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-06 at 10:51 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

You'd be a lot more impressed with the Monk of the Silver Fist if you read it. They're excellent single target tanks, and focus on hard control
    It's called a monk, so my response is to kill it with... everything.

(i.e. forcing the enemy to target the monk instead of the monk's ally).
    Link this. I don't like it.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Oh, I see. That would make sense.

Someday I would like a tank paladin class. 12 HD and all Auras. Lose the smite ability and gain a taunt. That'd be sweet.
    Knight Disciple is a mitigation tank. It doesn't have a direct taunt ability, but giving allies DR/- and Temporary HP (with immunity to status effects), and plenty of strong counters and healing maneuvers gives him a lot of ways to make his allies very unappealing targets. Good at putting your enemies in a catch-22.

EDIT:

It's called a monk, so my response is to kill it with... everything.

Link this. I don't like it.
    You could say please.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    Seems sweet! I like it! I'd probably make it only counter melee attacks to avoid confusion, since it seems weird for an arrow or a laser to change course in midair to hit you in your new spot.
    I think my thinking was that you'd only use it at range if you had a wall to duck behind or something, but I suppose the arrow changing course to hit the wall doesn't make much more sense. I'll edit it.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Payroll here, get back to writing maneuvers or I'm going to 'lose' your timesheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    ...You guys got through 3 pages while I was at work.

Permission given.
    I'll give you a real one too.

Morphic Weapon

Discipline: Sandbox Goliath (Boost); Level: 1
    Initiation Action: 1 swift action
    Range: Personal
    Target: One Wielded Weapon
    Duration: One round

DESCRIPTION
    You always have the right tool for the job, employing improbably grips and unorthodox maneuvers to achieve the desired result.

When initiating this boost, you may add one weapon special feature (blocking, brace, deadly, disarm, distracting, grapple, monk, nonlethal, performance, reach sunder, or trip) to a wielded weapon or change the damage type (blunt, piercing, or slashing) to another type (blunt piercing, or slashing). This change persists until the start of your next turn.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-05-06 at 11:27 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

It's time for the silliness! I, illyahr the bard, give my permission.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-05-06 at 11:25 AM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Permission granted because why not. Let's see if I actually have a "character" on this forum or if I'm as much of a Boringly Normal Guy What Happens to Post a Lot as I think I am.

...Okay, I have rather gotten into the spirit of a certain thread in the Media subforum (), but let's see if someone can't put together a version disregarding that anomaly (in addition to the version taking it into account, of course, not instead of).
    Sith, eh? Well, that presents a fairly obvious solution.

Collapsed Trachea
    Discipline: Sandbox Goliath (Strike); Level: 5
    Initiation Action: 1 Full Round Action
    Range: Close
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 3 rnds
    Save: Fort (see text)

DESCRIPTION

You focus your dark intent on your foe, the force of your will strangling the life from him.

The target can attempt to resist this maneuver's effects with a Fortitude save DC 15+initiation modifier-if he succeeds, he is merely staggered for 1 round as he gasps for breath. If the target fails, he immediately begins to suffocate. On the target's next turn, he falls unconscious and is reduced to 0 hit points. One round later, the target drops to -1 hit points and is dying. One round after that, the target dies. Each round, the target can delay that round's effects from occurring by making a successful Fortitude save, but the spell continues for 3 rounds, and each time a target fails his Fortitude save, he moves one step further along the track to suffocation. This spell only affects living creatures that must breathe. It is impossible to defeat the effects of this maneuver by simply holding one's breath-if the victim fails the initial Saving Throw, the air in his lungs is extracted.

Force choke, a Sith classic. Text stolen from the suffocation spell.
    Last edited by stack; 2015-05-06 at 11:34 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Stacking Assault Stance

Discipline: Sandbox Goliath (Stance)
    Level: 3
    Prerequisite(s): One Sandbox Goliath maneuver
    Initiation Action: 1 swift action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Stance

DESCRIPTION

The Sandbox Goliath discipline draws its inspiration from many techniques, and many students have left their mark on the school. One such student taught that victory came from teamwork, which he proceeded to define as "a bunch of dudes ganging up on another dude." His trademark stance involved fluid movement and a total lack of respect for personal space, which he learned after studying with the Ratfolk in their communal living and combat techniques.

While in this stance, the martial disciple gains the benefit of the Ratfolk Swarming racial trait. He may occupy the same space as any one character with that trait as if he had it. Alternatively, up to three characters using this stance may occupy the same space. If two or more characters occupying the same space attack the same enemy, they are treated as flanking.

Spoiler: Inspiration
    Show
    I pretty much just based this on Stack's name. As in, how can I make melee combatants stack? Answer: Put them all in one space.

For level purposes, I used Golden Lion Commander stance as a template, which allows any ally within 30 feet to flank. Instead of any ally within 30 feet, it's within the same space, but you get to share a space. So, that's a thing.
    Forgot to thank you for this one. Its niche, but could be quite useful in just the right group.