New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [3.5+ToB/PF +DSP/PoW] GitP Regulars as Maneuvers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Sgt. Cookie grants permission!
    We Have Cookies!
    Discipline: Sandbox Goliath (Boost); Level: 6
    Initiation Action: 1 swift action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Instant

The applications of martial lore expand beyond that of sword and shield, arrow and spear. They also include baking. By initiating this boost you entice your allies and enemies alike with a tray of 1d20 delectable cookies that last for 1 round per initiator level. These cookies function as shuriken with an enhancement bonus equal to 1/4 of your Initiator Level. As part of making a standard or full attack action, or initiating a strike you can throw one of these cookies at an enemy within range as a free action. If the cookie hits the enemy, they must succeed on a Will Save (DC 16+ Initiation Modifier) or have their attitude towards you improved by one step. This is an extarodinary ability of the cookies and is not mind affecting or a charm effect.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

That's a little on the... incredibly strong side from every angle.

Mind affecting without being mind affecting.
    Built in diplomancy.
    Strange duration. Do they only work while warm and gooey? *drools*
    I wish I could make that many cookies in that amount of time. Regardless of how powerful the effect is, I'm too jealous of all of those free cookies.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

This was completely missed earlier, it seems. I don't mind not getting one, but it's not even listed as a permission in the main post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilorin Lorati View Post
    Okay, now this I wanna see if I'm cool enough to deserve one.

Permission Granted.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

For some reason this makes me think about this custom artifact i made. It was a bread stick. Every part of the bread stick could regenerate into a new bread stick. Even the crumbs and even if it was eaten. Eating it would cause someone to explode eventually. All the pieces of it needed to be destroyed in the volcano that powered the bakery that made it.

It also makes me thing about the +10 sandwich. which was just a very delicious sandwich.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-05-08 at 09:24 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

That's a little on the... incredibly strong side from every angle.

Mind affecting without being mind affecting.
    Built in diplomancy.
    Strange duration. Do they only work while warm and gooey? *drools*
    I wish I could make that many cookies in that amount of time. Regardless of how powerful the effect is, I'm too jealous of all of those free cookies.
    The might of cookies are all powerful.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    The might of cookies are all powerful.
    Also, the attitude increase will almost always be immediately negated if you're already in combat with them. It's main use would be throwing cookies at people when they aren't in combat with you, but then it's an attitude-increase with only an attack roll needed to trigger it. I'd set a duration (maybe increased attitude for 1 minute, after which you can make a Diplomacy check to keep their attitude that way?).
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    You have violated the law.
    Man, if a bland "naked bonus" thrown into a +AC stance as an afterthought sets you into Robocop mode, I have to go all the way just to see what happens. Double entendre intentional.

Entwining Temptress Technique

Sandbox Goliath (Stance)
    Level: 1
    Duration: Stance

Exploiting your uncanny flexibility and keen knowledge of sensitive areas, you gently coax your opponent's body into a position from which he can not move easily. Flustered and caught off guard by your fluid, intimate movements, he finds himself unable to escape the hold.

While in this stance, you gain a competence bonus on all grapple checks equal to half your initiator level and may use your Dexterity modifier in place of your Strength modifier. Any grapple check made to oppose your actions uses the lower of the defender's Strength and Dexterity modifiers, though creatures acting against you on their own turns use their Strength as normal.

Spoiler: Pathfinder Version
    Show
    While in this stance, you gain a competence bonus equal to half your initiator level on checks made to grapple a foe or break a grapple, as well as to your CMD against a foe attempting to grapple you or break your grapple. Furthermore, you may add your Dexterity modifier to your CMB in place of your Strength modifier when making a check to grapple a foe or break a grapple, and your foe does not add its Strength modifier to its CMD against the check.

Temptress's Caress

Sandbox Goliath (Boost)
    Level: 3
    Prerequisite: One Sandbox Goliath maneuver
    Intiation Action: 1 swift action
    Range: Touch
    Target: One creature in a grapple with you
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Duration: 1 round

With a single stroke of your hand you send rapturous sensations throughout your opponent's body. He immediately ceases his struggling and stands limp in your embrace.

When you initiate this maneuver, make a grapple check opposed by your target's grapple check. If you succeed, your target must make a Will save (DC 13 + your Charisma or Dexterity modifier, whichever is higher) or be stunned for 1 round.

Show
    When you initiate this maneuver, make a combat maneuver check; any bonuses or abilities that apply to checks to grapple a foe apply to this check. If you succeed, your target must make a Will save (DC 13 + your primary initiating modifier) or be stunned for 1 round.

DISCLAIMER: Sith_Happens bears no responsibility for any legal action or blunt force trauma incurred as a result of using these maneuvers in actual gameplay.

EDIT 5/8/15: Raised stance level from 3 to 5.
    EDIT 5/12/15: Removed dazing effect from stance; reduced stance level from 5 to 1; added Temptress's Caress boost.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2015-05-12 at 06:55 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Man, if a bland "naked bonus" thrown into a +AC stance as an afterthought sets you into Robocop mode, I have to go all the way just to see what happens. Double entendre intentional.

Entwining Temptress Technique

Sandbox Goliath (Stance)
    Level: 3
    Duration: Stance

Exploiting your uncanny flexibility and keen knowledge of sensitive areas, you gently coax your opponent's body into a position from which he can not move easily. Flustered and caught off guard by your fluid, intimate movements, he finds himself unable to resist the hold.

While in this stance, you gain a competence bonus on all grapple checks equal to half your initiator level and may use your Dexterity modifier in place of your Strength modifier. Any grapple check made to oppose your actions uses the lower of the defender's Strength and Dexterity modifiers, though creatures acting against you on their own turns use their Strength modifiers as normal. Additionally, the first time each round that you succeed on a grapple check your opponent must make a Will save (DC 10 + half your initiator level + your Dexterity modifier) or be dazed until the start of your next turn.

Show
    While in this stance, you gain a competence bonus equal to half your initiator level on checks made to grapple a foe, as well as to your CMD against a foe attempting to grapple you. Furthermore, you may add your Dexterity modifier to your CMB in place of your Strength modifier when making a check to grapple a foe, and your foe does not add its Strength modifier to its CMD against the check.

Whenever you succeed on a combat maneuver check to initiate or maintain a grapple, your foe must make a Will save (DC 10 + half your initiator level + your primary initiating modifier) or be dazed until the start of your next turn.
    Um... at-will save-or-daze is way, way, way too strong for third level, even if gated behind a successful grapple check. In fact, I'd say it's way too strong for any level, especially since it's (Ex). I'd remove the save-or-daze aspect of it entirely; the grapple bonus and str->dex replacement are enough by themselves (you may want to lower it to first or second level, though). But then, I might just be biased because this stance is really rape-y and that makes me feel pretty uncomfortable about it.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Um... at-will save-or-daze is way, way, way too strong for third level, even if gated behind a successful grapple check. In fact, I'd say it's way too strong for any level, especially since it's (Ex). I'd remove the save-or-daze aspect of it entirely; the grapple bonus and str->dex replacement are enough by themselves (you may want to lower it to first or second level, though).
    Eh, I think it'd definitely be fine as-is at 5th. The save-or-daze needs to stay, is the thing. For thematic reasons.

But then, I might just be biased because this stance is really rape-y and that makes me feel pretty uncomfortable about it.
    The... recreational uses of the stance are definitely intentional (I did write it to mess with LoyalPaladin after all), though I was thinking more in terms of a willing grapplee.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Firbolg in the Playground

Seerow grants permission.

And wow this thread is growing way faster than other similar ones. I like it, but I am scared.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2015-05-08 at 10:53 PM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh, I think it'd definitely be fine as-is at 5th. The save-or-daze needs to stay, is the thing.
    The primary concern is that a dazed creature can't attempt to break out of a grapple. Maybe limit them such that the only action they can take is to attempt to break out of the grapple via Escape Artist/their own Grapple check? Otherwise this negates literally every defense against grapple other than pumping CMD.

For thematic reasons.
    Okay, fine. You can have your weird sex-combat. I'll be over here in the no-fun-allowed corner
    That's meant in jest, in case it isn't clear.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Seerow's Surprising Stomach Punch
    Sandbox Goliath (Boost)
    Level: 4th.
    Prerequisites: 1 Sandbox Goliath maneuver.
    Initiation Action: Swift Action.
    Range: Your natural reach.
    Target: 1 creature.
    Duration: Instantaneous.

When you initiate this maneuver your torso opens up and a spring-loaded boxing glove shoots out to strike an enemy. you must make a melee attack roll to strike with this attack, and if you succeed at a Bluff or Perform (Song) check with a DC of their AC the target is considered flat-footed. This boxing glove deals 1d6 damage per three initiator levels, and does not add your Strength modifier, Power Attack, or any modifiers which apply specifically to weapon damage, but it ignores DR.

If you are defeated in an encounter in which you used this maneuver your opponent(s) gain 15 Silver Points.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-09 at 12:58 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Sandbox Goliath (Boost)

When you initiate this maneuver your torso opens up and a spring-loaded boxing glove shoots out to strike an enemy. you must make a melee attack roll to strike with this attack, and if you succeed at a Bluff or Perform (Song) check with a DC of their AC the target is considered flat-footed. This boxing glove deals 1d6 damage per three initiator levels, and does not add your Strength modifier, Power Attack, or any modifiers which apply specifically to weapon damage, but it ignores DR.
    But does it give you Silver Points if you win?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    But does it give you Silver Points if you win?
    No, but it gives your opponents silver points if you lose.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

15. - Top - End - #255

Your username also gives me inspiration! I like making things based on people's usernames!

Tempestuous Fury
    Whilst I do like it... the wording is rather... complicated. That, and I 'm pretty sure Thrashing Dragon Frenzy does it better.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestfury View Post
    Whilst I do like it... the wording is rather... complicated. That, and I 'm pretty sure Thrashing Dragon Frenzy does it better.
    Huh. It's already been done, I guess. I'm not very familiar with the DSP maneuvers, otherwise I'd have known that. And theirs is a lot better than mine. Sorry.

Want me to rework yours? I can try to think of something.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. It's already been done, I guess. I'm not very familiar with the DSP maneuvers, otherwise I'd have known that. And theirs is a lot better than mine. Sorry.

Want me to rework yours? I can try to think of something.
    Maybe something Incarnum-y in reference to his default color being blue? Say...

Soul Tempest
    Sandbox Goliath (boost)
    Level: 5
    Prerequisites: 1 Sandbox Goliath maneuver
    Target: you
    Duration: one round; see text

Each time you successfully attack an enemy this turn, you gain one free point of essentia which you can add to any one of your essentia receptacles as a free action, ignoring essentia capacity. Essentia gained through this boost is lost at the end of your next turn.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2015-05-11 at 10:39 AM.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post

Soul Tempest
    Sandbox Goliath (boost)
    Level: 5
    Prerequisites: 1 Sandbox Goliath maneuver
    Target: you
    Duration: one round

Each time you successfully attack an enemy this turn, you gain one free point of essentia which you can add to any one of your essentia receptacles as a free action, ignoring essentia capacity. Essentia gained through this boost is lost after one round.
    Oooh, that looks pretty darn good! I declare it to be the official replacement for my attempt.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259

Sandbox Goliath (Boost)

If you are defeated in an encounter in which you used this maneuver your opponent(s) gain 15 Silver Points.

~They Call Me Seerow~
    ~I Have Metal Joints~
    ~Beat Me Up and Earn 15 Silver Points~

Love it.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2015-05-10 at 12:45 AM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

20. - Top - End - #260

Soul Tempest
    Odd... but I like it!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Oooh, that looks pretty darn good! I declare it to be the official replacement for my attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestfury View Post
    Odd... but I like it!
    I'm glad that you guys like it. The more I think about it though, the more I think that maybe I should make the essentia it gives you last 2 rounds instead of one. As is, you can't really use it effectively with a lot of soulmelds (especially the ones I can think of off the top of my head where you really want to be loading up essentia), because you're only getting the benefits of adding more essentia to them on the back end of your full attack and on passive abilities that work during other people's turns.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

It should be until the end of your next turn, gives you a turn to build up, a round of passives, and a turn to use it. Though I'm not sure about ignoring capacity limits what with being able to get +8 essentia into a single soulmeld (2 weapons, haste), or +16 with Time Stands Still... then again Time Stands Still plus a boost (rabid mongoose) can already kill a Balor most of the time without putting feats into two-weapon fighting and you'd either be spending a feat to get a soulmeld not bound to anything or multiclassing... ok it's probably just my natural worry about uncapped/loosely capped numbers.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

It should be until the end of your next turn, gives you a turn to build up, a round of passives, and a turn to use it. Though I'm not sure about ignoring capacity limits what with being able to get +8 essentia into a single soulmeld (2 weapons, haste), or +16 with Time Stands Still... then again Time Stands Still plus a boost (rabid mongoose) can already kill a Balor most of the time without putting feats into two-weapon fighting and you'd either be spending a feat to get a soulmeld not bound to anything or multiclassing... ok it's probably just my natural worry about uncapped/loosely capped numbers.
    The end of your next turn seems a little out of phase with standard D&D terminology. I think I'll just make it two rounds.

Uncapped things do have the potential to get a little screwy, especially as blender-style natural attack builds can clear that +8 essentia. It might be worth considering making the cap higher but not arbitrarily high. Doubling essentia capacity would make it so a two-hand user without haste would hit the baseline cap, while those with class features/feats/things to increase the soulmeld's capacity could hit those caps by expanding their attack routines. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264

The end of your next turn seems a little out of phase with standard D&D terminology. I think I'll just make it two rounds.
    Really? I use it all the time.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

This one sprang to mind because the Warblade in my group picked up up recently:

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Heart Surge
    You also surge with confidence and vengeance against your enemies, gaining a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

26. - Top - End - #266

The... recreational uses of the stance are definitely intentional (I did write it to mess with LoyalPaladin after all), though I was thinking more in terms of a willing grapplee.
    You have violated the- you know what. You guys enjoy your naked stance. I'm going to go mope on Snowbluff's floor.

*angrily packs suit case* Kids these days and their blatant disrespect for the law.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Righteous Mope
    Sandbox Goliath
    Level: 1st.
    Initiation Action: Full round action.
    Range: Personal.
    Target: You.

Curling up in on yourself you drop prone into a rejuvenating mope. You fall prone and regain 1d6 hp per 2 initiator levels (minimum 1) up to 1/2 your maximum hit points. In addition you gain a +4 morale bonus to Fort and Will saves for 1 round and the benefits of a total defense action.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-11 at 10:22 AM.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Late to the party, but I give permission! I want to see if anyone is bored enough to get to me past all of the others who have asked for them.

...I worry the answer is yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

29. - Top - End - #269

Righteous Mope
    I'll do another sweep of this thread when I get home tonight. Until then, I am going to be taking a very long full round action.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    You have violated the- you know what. You guys enjoy your naked stance. I'm going to go mope on Snowbluff's floor.

*angrily packs suit case* Kids these days and their blatant disrespect for the law.
    Ugh. I guess you can stay here, but only until your body soaks up some of the blood.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.