Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default DM77s Fallout: Great Plains (d20 Apocalypse) OOC

This is the starting thread for the resurrection of the Fallout game started by DungeonMaster77 quite some time ago.
    I've tried to take the relevant information from their original threads and repost it.

The Original IC Thread was here.

The Original OOC Thread was here.

I put up the first post so that I can start editing in our homebrew gear and rules so that they're readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster77 View Post
    Hey Everyone!

With no more ado, here's the "Big 16" as previously posted!

Spoiler
    Show

1. What game system are you running?

It's d20 Modern rules, and as such, that particular book is absolutely neccessary, or at least, access to a good d20 Modern SRD. Also, as the barter and trade unit system is the economy of the setting, along with some of the other rules, d20 Apocalypse would be HIGHLY reccomended. Helpful resources, but not critical, would include d20 Past and d20 Future. If you do not have any of these books, please let me know and I'll make some arrangements to help you.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be?

The Fallout Universe is the name, and this particular campaign, I have named "Fallout: Great Plains." I intend the main part of the campaign to span most of the Mid-West, to include Kansas, as far north as Montana and the Dakotas, as far west as Colorado, as far east as the Chicago area, and as far south as Texas. That said, there will be jaunts to oldie but goodie areas like the Capital Wastes and New Vegas.

As far as the timeline, the game is intended to take place a few years after the events of Fallout: New Vegas. In this campaign, it is assumed that the end of each storyline ended with the best possible "Good Karma" ending, with the notable exception of New Vegas, where Mr. House was left in charge of New Vegas, and the NCR has reached an agreement with him to use and defend the Hoover Dam, with the understanding that the outlying areas are "his" territory and he is sovereign over them.

That said, this game is picking up where the previous one left off (fairly early on, everyone just having reached level 2). You may be either a Vault dweller from Vault 66, or a wastelander. In any case, if you have a character idea, please run it by me so we can work it out together.

3. How many Players are you looking for?

As previously mentioned, I am looking for a couple of replacement players, specifically, two (2). The best characters with backgrounds will be the slot holders, although I may make an exception. All in all, I just want players who are committed to playing and sticking this out with us.

4. What's the gaming medium?

The OotS boards with a smattering of PMs and emails as needed.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 2

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

As for the two players that have already been approved to play characters that are *not* residents of Vault 66, they will get 8d10x2 starting TU's to spend. That said, the following will not be approved equipment:

Enclave Gear
    Brotherhood of Steel Gear
    Any other gear from a technologically advanced faction
    Alien Weapons
    Plasma Weapons
    Mounts or vehicles of any kind (exception being if you *really* want a brahmin to carry around your gear...)
    A pet Mr. Handy, Robobrain, Protectoron, etc...
    Anything else too wierd or wonky
    Chems of any kind, except Stimpaks, which I'll provide stats for later.

The general rule here is to check with me first. If you happen to have a great backstory for it, you may or may not get something you want.

As for the Vault 66 residents, your starting gear will be heavily determined on your background story (see below).

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

As everybody should be level 2, this shouldn't be an issue for awhile. Once you can pick up a prestige class/advanced class, we'll discuss it. Some may or may not be available, story dependant, but like I've said before, check with me first.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

For the Vault 66 residents, human only. For the others, I'm willing to discuss the idea of playing a ghoul, assuming you are willing to have your character put up with the racism and bigotry associated with ghouls.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Max HP at first level, roll afterwards (minimum half the dice value).

As for stats, please use the following array:

18, 17, 16, 14, 12, 10

You are the heroes, and as such, the group is comprised of above average people in extremely above average situations, and I believe the stats should reflect this.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

We are actually going to use a...modified version of alignment. What I'd like to do is to use the Karma system, but I'm not sure how that will work out yet. Until then, we'll go with standard D&D alignments for now. There are no real penalties for changing alignments, however, other than how it affects NPC reactions and the other Players' reactions towards you, especially as your reputation grows. I'll work on it and we can play-test it once I can work out the kinks.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Sure, why not. Standard d20 Modern Rules apply.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Well, I hadn't actually thought about this one. I would hope that we are all adults (or can act like it, since I don't actually know anybody's age), and can be trusted not to cheat. That said, put your die rolls in your post, inside of spoiler tags. My very next post after this one will be an example post, so that we are all using the same format, making life easier on everyone. This formatting will include more details on how I want dice rolls to be done.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Well, for starters, most Fallout Perks can be translated into feats. If you want one of these perk/feats, we'll either try to find one that exists, or we'll work something out as far as requirements and what it does in d20 Modern translation. Other than that, I have one ruling:

Please don't be argumentative. If you disagree with a ruling of mine, that's fine. Post your disagreement in such a way as to explain why you think that ruling should be overturned (be prepared as well, if there is a ruling on it in an approved sourcebook). I am not an arbitrary dictator and will hear you out. That said, if I decide to stand by my ruling, it stands. Nobody wants a game grinding to a halt due to rules banter. Even better, post it on the OOC thread, where we can discuss it like adults. I am not someone who believes the rules are *all* black and white: there are grey areas.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

For the love of all that is holy, yes. If you are a Vault dweller, I want to know what the resulting occupation reccomendation that came from your G.O.A.T., if your parents are alive, etc...Of course, a description of Vault 66 is forthcoming, to better help you there. If you are not a vault dweller, I want to know almost everything, from where you grew up, why you left if you are from an area that is not in what was the Wichita, Kansas area, what family you have left, if any, etc...

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, role playing, or a combination of the above?

It should be a good combination of both, but this really depends on the players here. This campaign, just like the games, will be open sandbox(ish). If you all want to go hunting for Deathclaws, or go scour and scavenge in a ruined town, or whatever, that's fine. If you want to get involved in political and/or social intrigue, there will be opportunities for that as well.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

See item #1. If you are wanting to use something you found from a non-listed source, check with me first, and if possible, get me an electronic copy.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonMaster77 View Post
    Here's the example post (for the IC Thread only, in this OOC thread, it's free-form) I promised:

Character Name Goes Here Formatted Thusly
    (bold and black, like I love my coffee!)

Any IC dialogue goes here in a color of your choice. Try to pick one unique from the other players. As GM, I'm calling "dibs" on "Green."

This is where you'd put any character actions, obvious facial expressions, character appearance, etc...

This is where you label your dice rolls (if any), and formatted so:
    Spoiler
    Show

The actual dice roll would go here, in the spoiler tags. In addition to the actual dice roll itself, below, I would like everyone to show their math, i.e.- how they got to any modifiers, like so:

(1d20+5)[9]
    My Base attack bonus is +4
    I recieve a +1 to attack for Weapon Finesse
    Total modifier: +5

This is where you would put any relevant OOC questions, character inner thoughts you'd like to share, etc...

Here it is, the world overviews. Please keep in mind that we have with us, so called "Fallout Virgins" who are/is not at all familiar with the Fallout universe. That said, PLEASE don't give away any spoilers about the world or the vaults. I want that *player* to be highly confused at the OOC ranting and swearing when the group first spots their first Deathclaw, or Enclave patrol! Spoiling anything would be akin to telling people how the first disk of Final Fantasy VII ends. Also, I'm big on "Player Knowledge vs. Character Knowledge." If your character is not from the Vault, don't read the area for the Vault, and vice versa. I am SO absoulutely excited to hear your thoughts about what I have so far.

I left some items intentionally vague for the following reasons:

1) Let you, the players, fill in some gaps so as to assist me in creating good plothooks
    2) Give me wiggle room.
    3) Plothooks exist in a vague and half-formed way. It's an open world out there...

For those interested parties: The current year is 2285.

Overall World overview (All players should read):
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Please note, that the following is a word for word (read: copy/paste) of the Fallout Universe History in the Fallout Wiki.

For most of human history, the Fallout universe and the real world shared a common timeline. However, in 1945, significant political and technological differences in the Fallout timeline set it on a different course. In 1947, the transistor was not discovered and miniaturization of electronics was neglected. Sometime before 1969, in an attempt to mitigate the influence of Communism, the United States adopts a system of 13 Commonwealths. In 1970, China fails to adopt any free market reforms and remains similar to what it was under Mao. In 1991 the USSR did not collapse.

No major international conflicts would take place until the middle of the twenty-first century. In 2052, the oil rich Middle East nations raised oil prices causing the economic collapse of many smaller nations. The European Commonwealth (analogous to the real world European Union), similarly dependent on oil imports from the Middle East, begins the Resource Wars by responding with military force. The United Nations, weakened by its inability to prevent the conflict, attempts to intervene. Many of its member nations respond by withdrawing and the UN disbands that year.

The United States, being supplied by oil from Texas and Mexico, escaped any direct impact from the European conflicts. They were, however, to have their own problems. In 2052, the Texas oil fields were exhausted, making the Americans vulnerable to their own energy shortages. In 2053, the New Plague begins to ravage the US population, causing two-hundred thousand deaths and prompting the closure of her borders. Nuclear fears grip the country when, in the same year, Tel Aviv is destroyed by a terrorist nuclear weapon and, in the following year, warring nations exchanged nuclear weapons in the Middle East. In response, the Americans begin Project Safehouse: a series of underground Vaults designed to survive nuclear war or an epidemic.

In 2059, oil resources become increasingly scarce. In order to secure the Alaskan oil fields, the United States ramps up its military presence in that state creating the Anchorage Front Line. Relations with Canada are strained as the Americans press to have their military units guard on Canadian soil to protect the Alaskan pipeline.

In 2060, the Middle East oil fields run dry. This not only ends the Resource Wars in Europe, but the European Commonwealth as well. Without a common enemy, the European nations begin fighting among each other for the remaining resources. Fossil fuels become too expensive to use in automobiles and alternatives begin to appear in the market. Advances in nuclear technology allow its use in automobile engines.

In 2066, the Resource Wars shift to the other side of the globe. China, her oil reserves exhausted and her economy near collapse, invades Alaska. America strongarms Canada into allowing troops and planes to move across Canadian territory on their way to the Alaskan theater. Relations between the neighboring countries would continue to worsen as the Americans help themselves to Canadian resources, ignoring Canadian protests. Many Americans begin referring to Canada as "Little America." Their comments do not help the situation.

In 2072, the Chinese-American war grinds on. While American power armor proves effective in localized conflicts, they are insufficient to completely dislodge the Chinese. US continues to demand more resources from Canada. When an attempt is made to sabotage the oil pipeline, the Americans (officially) begin to annex Canada. In 2076, the annexation is complete. Also that year Americans deploy the T-51b power armor to the Chinese mainland. The suits are highly effective and American troops cut a swath through Chinese territory.

In early 2077, the Americans reclaim Alaska but no armistice is signed. The American public, having been exposed to too many false alarms, largely ignore the warning sirens when the bombs begin to fall. Many Vaults are underpopulated as their doors are shut.

Vault 66
    Spoiler
    Show

Vault Overview

A Vault is a type of subterranean installation designed by a Pre-War company called Vault-Tec. Commissioned by the United States government as part of "Project Safehouse" in 2054, Vault-Tec built 122[1] vaults across the country. However, when the storm of nuclear war came in 2077, the vaults were sealed without many of their dwellers due to the "Cry Wolf" effect training drills had on the populace.

The first vault was built in Los Angeles, intended to demonstrate the viability of such a facility. The demonstration vault was built beneath the city, within its limits. Vault 112 was the last Vault to be completed, in June of 2074. Most vault locations have been forgotten or lost to time.

Each vault was designed to hold one thousand occupants at any given time, although hot-bunking was required at maximum capacity, and equipped with all facilities and supplies needed by them to survive in isolation for the designated time. According to the Vault 66 library, the life support system could work for over 900 years without failure. The facilities and supplies for Vault 66 include complete construction equipment, hydro-agricultural farms, a water purification system, defensive weaponry to equip 10 men, communication systems and surface monitors, social, and entertainment files (for total duration). Waste management was conducted by burning trash on scheduled "burning days". Larger incinerator receptacles were used for the destruction of human corpses.

Vault 66's power supply comes from a rather advanced General Atomics generator, with the ability to sustain normal power use (assuming people turn lights off when not in the room, or when not in use, etc...), for about 500 years.

All vault dwellers wear blue-and-yellow jumpsuits, although the design varied dependant somewhat on occupation, though all have the number "66" stencilied in Yellow on the back in large print. The typical vault dweller living in a properly maintained vault could expect to live an average of 92.3 years.

The Vault 66 entrance is a former ICBM (InterContinental Ballistic Missile) silo, located a few miles from what was last known as Cheney Resivoir. Nothing is knows about what the outside world is like.

Vault Layout

The Vault 66 doors are closed from the inside by a reinforced high-security door and from the outside by a massive, gear-shaped, four-foot thick vault door, which most estimate weighing about 13 tons. The vault security doors have a panel with which to be able to open the doors, but requires a security code, supposedly known only to the Overseer, decendant of the original Vault-Tec appointed leader of those dwelling in Vault 66.

The entrance level also houses the Emergency Medical Lab complete with an Auto-Doc. A vault medic was required to be present at the EML 24 hours a day. The lab had the equipment to treat nearly all injuries and illnesses, ranging from simple bruises to irradiation.

Standard pre-War design of the living quarters was that of a single room with a sanitary annex. Vault 66 has one thousand living quarters, and at maximum capacity, with a maximum of eight, minimum of four people assigned to a single living quarter, in a hot- bunking system. A standard level had 20,000 square feet of usable area.

The lights in the vaults used Simu-Sun technology, making it feel just like the outdoors, with only a fraction of a sunburn risk.

Entertainertrons were used to play holotapes, and used as a slide projector in the classroom of Vault 66, located off the Atrium.

Heart of the vault, the command center was where the overseer's seat was located. The operations center, apart from the seat of power, included the computer lab, where the water purification system was located, and an armory, where the vault's weapons, ammunitions and armor were stockpiled. A security guard was posted in the command center at all times, to ensure that the armaments were properly secured and handed out only to people possessing the proper clearance from the overseer.

Apart from that, the level also contained the computer core, housing data processing units, a library playing an important role in educating vault dwellers, a common meeting room, and the primary store room, where the most important supplies would be stored.

The Overseer's Office has a window that also overlooks the Atrium.

Vault 66 Specifics

The Overseer is the undisputed leader of Vault 66 residents and has a small "cabinet" of five advisors: The Chief of Security, the Director of Education and Entertainment, the Director of Science, the Director of Preparation, and the Good Doctor (it is believed that the title "Good Doctor" was a nickname for the first doctor in Vault 66, however, it became the title of the most experienced, and usually only, doctor). At this time, there are 650 residents in Vault 66, having had a population decline approximately 80 years ago, due to an issue with gender ratios being in favor of males at that time (approximately 75/25), but has since leveled out at the following demographics (by gender and age):

46% Male (299)
    54% Female (351)

10% of the males are ages 0-9 (30)
    35% of the males are ages 10-16 (104)
    20% of the males are ages 17-45 (60)
    35% of the males are ages 46-90 (105)

15% of the females are ages 0-9 (53)
    45% of the females are ages 10-16 (158)
    30% of the females are ages 17-45 (106)
    10% of the females are ages 46-90 (34)

All residents between the ages of 4 and 16 are required to attend schooling in the Education and Entertainment Room five days a week (for eight hours a day), one day as an intern on a rotating schedule with the different work details (so as to get an idea of the child's possible talents), with the seventh day for rest and recreation. On the occasion of each residents' 10th birthday, the Overseer (or his agent, usually one of his advisors) presents the child with his own PIPBOY3000. This device has many uses, and will be detailed later on. At the end of the year, all children who have turned 16 take the G.O.A.T. (Generalized Occupational Aptitude Test), which determines for sure, which department the child is suited to begin working in, as a productive Vault 66 resident.

VOICE OF THE GM

Below is a copy of the G.O.A.T. with the possible answers for each question. Just for fun, but partly because I may want to use the results for some future plot-hook, I want all Vault Dweller players to take it as their character would have done as a 16 year old (making the minimum age 16 years old for Vault Players, for obvious reasons). Make note of your answers to each question and PM me the results.

Spoiler
    Show

G.O.A.T.

Question 1

You are approached by a frenzied Vault scientist, who yells, "I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!" What's your response?

1. "But doctor, wouldn't that cause a parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity?"
    2. "Yeah? Up yours too, buddy!"
    3. Say nothing, grab a nearby pipe and hit the scientist in the head to knock him out. For all you knew, he was planning to blow up the vault
    4. Say nothing, but slip away before the scientist can continue his rant

Question 2

While working as an intern in the Clinic, a patient with a strange infection on his foot stumbles through the door. The infection is spreading at an alarming rate, but the doctor has stepped out for a while. What do you do?

1. Amputate the foot before the infection spreads
    2. Scream for help
    3. Medicate the infected area to the best of your abilities
    4. Restrain the patient, and merely observe as the infection spreads

Question 3

You discover a young boy lost in the lower levels of the Vault. He's hungry and frightened, but also appears to be in possession of stolen property. What do you do?

1. Give the boy a hug and tell him everything will be OK
    2. Confiscate the property by force, and leave him there as punishment
    3. Pick the boy's pocket to take the stolen property for yourself, and leave the boy to his fate
    4. Lead the boy to safety, then turn him over to the overseer

Question 4

Congratulations! You made one of the Vault 66 baseball teams! Which position do you prefer?

1. Pitcher
    2. Catcher
    3. Designated Hitter
    4. None, you wish the vault had a soccer team

Question 5

Your grandmother invites you to tea, but you're surprised when she gives you a pistol and orders you to kill another Vault resident. What do you do?

1. Obey your elder and kill the Vault resident with the pistol
    2. Offer your most prized possession for the resident's life.
    3. Ask granny for a minigun instead. After all, you don't want to miss
    4. Throw your tea in granny's face

Question 6

Old Mr. Abernathy has locked himself in his quarters again, and you've been ordered to get him out. How do you proceed?

1. Use a bobby pin to pick the lock on the door
    2. Trade a Vault hoodlum for his cherry bomb and blow open the lock
    3. Go to the armory, retrieve a laser pistol, and blow the lock off
    4. Walk away, and let the old coot rot

Question 7

Oh, no! You've been exposed to radiation, and a mutated hand has grown out of your stomach! What's the best course of treatment?

1. A bullet to the brain
    2. Large doses of anti-mutagen agent
    3. Prayer. Maybe God will spare you in exchange for a life of pious devotion
    4. Removal of the mutated tissue with a precision laser

Question 8

A fellow Vault 66 resident is in possession of a Grognak the Barbarian comic book, issue number 1. You want it. What's the best way to obtain it?

1. Trade the comic book for one of your own valuable possessions
    2. Steal the comic book at gunpoint
    3. Sneak into the resident's quarters, and steal the comic book from his desk
    4. Slip some knock out drops into the resident's Nuka-Cola, and take the comic book when he's unconscious

Question 9

You decide it would be fun to play a prank on your father. You enter his private restroom when no one is looking, and....

1. Loosen some bolts on some pipes. When the sink is turned on, the room will flood
    2. Put a firecracker in the toilet. That's sure to cause some chaos
    3. Break into the locked medicine cabinet and replace his high blood pressure medication with sugar pills
    4. Manipulate the power wattage on his razor, so he'll get an electric shock next time he shaves

Question 10

Who is indisputably the most important person in Vault 101: He who shelters us from the harshness of the atomic wasteland, and to whom we owe everything we have, including our lives?

1. The Overseer
    2. The Overseer
    3. The Overseer
    4. The Overseer

Once the G.O.A.T. is taken, based on the results, each person is assigned to one of the work teams/areas (working six days a week), and is expected to try and find a suitable mate amongst your age-group, and later on, procreate. At the age of 60, Vault residents are allowed to semi-retire, only being asked to work 3-4 days a week. Those venerable residents who reach the age of 85 are permitted to retire completely, and pass on stories of yesterday.

NEW ITEM:

PIPBOY 3000

Developed by RobCo Industries and worn on the left forearm, the PIPBOY 3000 is a personal device genetically coded to the person wearing it until their death, at which point the device is removed, and a Vault technician can re-calibrate it for another person (waste not, want not). It contains the following functions:

A flashlight
    A Giger counter
    A radio receiver
    A compass
    A data storage medium (note taking, mapping tool, etc...)

It's weight is negligable enough not to be counted in encumbrance, and is practically indestructable. It would require a direct hit from a full-sized nuclear weapon in order to destroy it (as in, within the initial blast zone) and is also waterproof. It is small enough to fit underneath long sleeves, though Vault-Tec jumpsuit sleeves length comes to a point just before the PIPBoy (both sleeves, for uniformity).

All your life, one expects to be born in Vault 66, and die in Vault 66. Until recently...

Notable People

The Overseer

A hard, but fair man, his name is Albert Lord. He expects obedience without question, and a proper amount of defference to his position. At the age of 60, he inherited his position after the death of his father, Johnathan Lord. His wife died during child-birth, leaving him with a strong young son, Enoch Lord.

Dr. Praeful Mehta (the Good Doctor)

A kind and gentle man who has been known to treat the worst injuries and sicknesses ever seen by any Vault 66 resident. He is aging, however, and is 90 years old, though his hands are still as steady as they were when he was 20. In addition to his duties as the Vault 66 doctor, he is the health and medical advisor to the Overseer. He has no children and has never married. It is said by the older citizens that he was in love once, with a lovely young girl, but faces turn sad and nothing more is said about it.

Dr. Jackson Brubaker

Dr. Brubaker is the cheif science advisor to the Overseer, and overseas scientific research having to do with the crops that Vault 66 produces for its residence. He is also in charge of the various maintanence technicians of the vault. He is 45, and married to Jeannine Brubaker, the Chief of Education and Entertainment. They have two children, ages 3 and 6, having gotten together later in his life.

Mrs. Jeannine Brubaker

Jennine has been the teacher for the last 5 years, when she turned 25, and the last teacher, Ms. Parrish, passed away at the ripe old age of 91. Selected for her love of children and love of knowledge, she was made the Director of Education and Entertainment, and introduced to Dr. Brubaker. The couple quickly fell in love and have since had two children. She does her best to keep things lively in the Vault, having revitalized the baseball games, poker turnaments, and movie nights to keep the residents entertained, and morale up.

Salley Smith

Salley (pronounced like Sally), is a surly and brute of a man, probably angry with his long-dead parents for giving him such a "feminine" name (he claims it's a family name). He's Chief of Security and puts up with zero shennanigans. It's assumed that without the restraining hand of the Overseer, he'd be more likely to use his nightstick than his words to resolve the few issues that occur in the Vault. He seems to be unattached to anyone, and has no children. He has nine members of his security team.

Mr. William Roberts (nicknamed "Billy Bob")

A position created only within the last few years or so, Mr. Roberts is the Chief of Preparedness. Seemingly from nowhere, a general outcry came up from the Vault 66 residents, asking the Overseer to open the Vault doors and just see what the outside world was like. It was said that if things were still bad, that they could just re-seal the Vault doors and wait another generation, but that eventually, the world around would heal, and they or some later generation, should be able to see what wonders the outside world held. The Overseer constantly refused, until nearly all of the other Vault residents were clamoring for this. The Overseer managed to calm them down, explaining that the Vault was unprepared for any such excursion, and so would appoint a Director of Preparedness to organize this. Once the Director had made the report to the Overseer that the vault was prepared with enough spare food and water for the entire vault to survive for a year, the Overseer would open the doors for a small group to venture outside and report back with their findings. Mr. Roberts is passionate about his position, encouraging everyone to conserve resources as much as possible, so that the preparations can be completed. When asked at any time, how far along the preparations were, his reply was simply that the information was confidential and that he would announce when he was ready to give the final expected report to the Overseer.

Non-Vault Players

Spoiler
    Show

The area that was once Wichita, KS has only only two real "civilized" locations, located in what was once the Northwest side of Wichita: the town of Ark River and The Zoo. Having been a good distance from the main blast zone, which was on the Southeast side of the city, where the military base and aircraft manufacturing plants were located.

Ark River

Ark River is a "walled" community (the wall made of steel beams with various scraps of sheetmetal welded on), is of decent size, having roughly 350 permanent residents. Local attractions include the actual river (from which the town was named), the primary source of energy and water (a jury-rigged hydro-electric setup), Mitchelle's Beachhouse Bar, the AllMart General Store, the second best NukaCola museum (only since a mysterious traveller with a lone dog as a companion came through, advising them that a "better one" was out east), and is home to a small contingent of Regulators, who expanded westward from the famed Capital Wastes. The town has no real ruler, general law and order enforced by the Regulators, and is more of a commune environment. The Regulators have helped them form a small militia of about 20 able-bodied residents, to defend the town from Super Mutants, Raiders, and other threats to the town. As far as settlements go, Ark River is the largest settlement within 200 miles. Residents are cautious but friendly to outsiders, usually willing to barter or sell. Slavery is not tolerated, and the last slaver come through the area was killed outright by the Regulators, and his body displayed on the outside of town, a painted sign telling everyone his crime. The former slaves were set free and given refuge in town or were given extra supplies and set free to go as they wished. The town's main "residential" area, is what was once a large ValuePlace hotel. In addition to the above, Ark River is known for a large water purification pump that provides clean, non-radiated water for the residents to drink and for bathing.

Notable Residents

John Heathersby

John is 35 years old and the Head of the local group of Regulators. He's a fair and honest man, and has no compunctions about telling new-comers to town that they'd best behave themselves "or else." He openly totes an M16A2 assault rifle slung over his shoulder, and a Colt .45 with a scope on his hip, and he's deadly with both. It's said that he used to be a member of the Brotherhood of Steel, but when asked, John refuses to answer.

Pastor Arman Reyes

He's head of the local church (though most call it a cult). He and his few followers talk about the coming of "The One." "The One" is supposed to arrive on the tail of a comet, and herald in an era of peace and prosperity for the area at large. Needless to say, other than the few people who listen to what he has to say, nobody believes him. Reyes is a slender man in his late 40's, and he and his followers abhor violence, saying that right is reserved for judgment by "The One." For a short time, he did create a small uproar when the mysterious stranger and his dog came through town, saying that he was to the far east as "The One" would be to the Great Plains. The stranger just shook his head, chuckling, and went his way.

Anton Kriegor

Anton is the jovial man who runs the AllMart, and appears to be in his early thirties (nobody knows where he came from or what his actual age is; he doesn't discuss it). Nobody is sure where he keeps getting all of his goods, but he seems to almost always be stocked with anything anybody needs. When he doesn't have it, he claims (and delivers on it!) to be able to get it within 7 days or so. He's always on the lookout for items like books, computers with intact hard drives, and the like. If anyone could, he could be called the "Founding Father" of Ark River, which seems a little impossible, since the town was founded over 50 years ago. None of the residents that have been around that long can say for sure if it was he or not that helped them build the town from scratch. Some of them say that it was more likely that it was his father, and that he looks much like him. In addition, Anton is the local technical and mechanical expert, and was the one who invented the hydro-electric mill and windmill that powers the town. He has a few assistants that help him with maintanence, general repair, and manning the AllMart. None of them even know much about him or where he gets his goods. What is known, is that he is very good friends with John Heathersby, and Heathersby says with confidence that he knows for certain that the goods are not stolen.

Ralph Mitchelle

The owner of the seedy bar called Mitchelle's Beachhouse Bar. Originally, the Regulators wanted to run him out of town and close his bar, but due to the fact that he has the only beer and liquer distillery in over 500 miles has kept him in business, and likely, alive. His establishment, in addition to being a bar, is also a brothel with three or four working girls at any given time. It's rumored he sells chems to some "select" clients and is a fencd for stolen goods, but every time the Regulators investigate these claims, or confiscate them from patrons walking out, Mitch (as he's better known) claims ignorance, and the patron says he got them out of town or from trader caravans (people caught with stolen goods are banished from the community). Thanks to a hefty amount of caps paid to Doc Orin, the girls are clean and healthy.

Dr. "Doc" Martin Orin

Doc Orin is the local town doctor, and about 35 years old. He learned his skills while serving time in the NCR and decided to move for a change of scenery. He was captured by a group of raiders on his way east, and was subsequently rescued by the Regulators. He has a gruff bedside manner, but is more than competant at his job. He's a frequent visitor to the Beachhouse Bar, and it is rumored that it's not just for house calls...

The Zoo
    This strange and unusual walled location is what was once the local zoo, and before the War, was the largest zoo in the United States. The only contact anyone has with them is when trading caravans stop by to barter for supplies, usually things like weapons and ammo in exchange for food, and even then, with a converted Robobrain robot, who refers to his “masters” as “The Keepers” and itself as “Dan.” Strange animal noises can be heard day and night inside, and nobody has attempted to scale the large reinforced concrete walls surrounding this place. Raiders that have attempted it are heard screaming in agony with another round of the strange animal-like sounds coming within, only to be followed by silence.

Other Notable Areas

The ruins of Wichita
    This area was a decent-sized city, with roughly 450,000 residents prior to the War, including outlaying towns. At this point, small bands of raiders, a troop of Super Mutants whose purpose in the area is wholly unknown, and a few people scavanging inhabit the area. Packs of wild dogs also prowl the streets at night.

The Ruins of McConnell Airfield
    This area is controlled by a Chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel. They are a smaller Chapter, with an estimated 10-20 Paladins and/or Archivists. They were left behind by Paladin Lyons on his way to the Capital Wastes, and have since heard rumors of his exploits. They seem to be more inclined to side with the Brotherhood Outcasts, however, though they haven’t had any contact with the Capitol Wastes Chapter (Lyons or the Outcasts), nor the main Chapter out west. They are content to continue searching the area for technology (hoping for something big) so as to be able to return to the chapter out west in honor. They have been known, on occasion, to trade with Regulators (whom they seem to regard as “honorable lessers”), for food and technology in exchange for less technological weapons and supplies.

Notable Residents

Paladin Shepherd
    Shepherd is a shining example of the Brotherhood of Steel. On occasion (and begrudgingly), he has agreed to work with John Heathersby in eliminating threats to both of their respective communities, usually against particularly large bands of raiders. He’s estimated to be in his late twenties and early thirties. His primary weapon seems to be a laser pistol that’s strapped to his hip at all times.

Cheney Lake
    Once one of the primary sources of fresh water for the Wichita area, as well as a popular camping ground, Cheney Lake has all but dried up, now only a fraction of its former size. As the water in the lake is too shallow for anything to live in it, it has become somewhat of a small oasis for travelling caravaners who are travelling east or west. Protected by a rotating pair of two Regulators from Ark River (using the former bait and tackle shop as their outpost), it is usually a safe area.
    Last edited by TheMightyQuinn; 2015-05-11 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Bad image link
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: DM77s Fallout: Great Plains (d20 Apocalypse) OOC

The New Item / Feat / whatever the heck I want Archive!

Monetary Units:
    (Money, people)
    Spoiler
    Show

Caps:
    These are metal bottlecaps, coming from NukaCola or beer. In the words, as the old currencies are practically extinct, this has become the norm.

1 TU: 10 bottlecaps.
    150 bottlecaps = 1 pound of weight.
    Spoiler
    Show

NEW ITEMS :
    Spoiler
    Show

Vault 66 Jumpsuit
    PHP Code:
     Armor TypeImpromptu
     Equipment Bonus
    : +1
     Nonproficiency Bonus
    : +1
     Max Dex Bonus
    : +8
     Armor Penalty
    : -0
     Speed 
    (30'): 30 feet
     Weight: 2 lbs
     TU'
    s4
     Restriction
    : -- (Rare outside vaults
    This item is standard issue for all vault residents. The suit is blue, with yellow trim, and the vault number stenciled on the back in large print (in yellow). They are remarkably resilient, usually lasting 10 years or more before needing to be replaced.

Vault 66 Security Armor
    PHP Code:
     Armor TypeMedium Tactical
     Equipment Bonus
    : +5
     Nonproficiency Bonus
    : +2
     Max Dex Bonus
    : +3
     Armor Penalty
    : -4
     Speed 
    (30'): 25 feet
     Weight: 10 lbs
     TU'
    s14
     Restriction
    : -- (Rare outside vaults
    This is essentially a light duty vest incorporated into a Vault 66 jumpsuit, and comes equipped with a riot helmet (with full transparent face protection.

NukaCola
    This tasty beverage is different than other “lesser” carbonated refreshments. It’s so absolutely refreshing (partially attributed to some of the same ingredients of a Stimpak, and some people say, Jet), consuming one heals 1d4 damage, and gives the character a 5 foot increase in base speed for an hour. Also, after drinking, the bottle cap can be pocketed as spare change!
    Weight: 1 lb, TU: 2

Spoiler
    Show

Stimpak:
    This healing medicine was developed before the Great War and comes in a syringe. When used, it heals 1d10 +10 damage (anyone trained in the skill "Treat Injury" can make a check, and for every point over a DC 15, results in another point of healing; the idea that those who know how to most effectively use it gets more benefit from it). Using a Stimpak is a move action (to retrieve it and use it, which provokes an attack of opportunity), or a free action (if already held or used by one character on another) which can provoke an attack of opportunity (GM's discresion and situationally dependant).
    TU: 3

Spoiler
    Show

Med-X:
    This is a military engineered medicine that reduces pain after injection (similar to morphine). Gives characters 1d10 temporary hit points, and DR 10/- vs non-lethal damage. Also grants a +4 bonus to any save or check made as a result of trauma caused by pain (one such example being checks made for massive damage). Effects last 2 hours.
    TU: 2
    Spoiler
    Show

Rad-X:
    This chem was developed to stave off the efffects, if only temporarily, of radiation on one's body. For the 4 hour duration, a character who has taken Rad-X treats any radioactive area, object, exposure, etc... as one catergory lower than it is (severe becomes high, high becomes moderate, etc...). For characters still exposed to a radiation source once the duration ends must immediately take another dose, or are immediately affected by the source (as per table 4-1: Radiation Exposure; d20 Future, pg 81). The effects of Rad-X stack with the use of a Radiation Suit or NBC gear. Rad-X does nothing to combat the effects of Radiation Sickness.
    TU: 2
    Spoiler
    Show

RadAway:
    This medicine is a wonder-drug for those suffering from radiation sickness. Firstly, it lessens the degree of exposure the character is suffering from, as well as stopping further Constitution damage, assuming the character is no longer being exposed to radiation. If taken while being irradiated, the character is treated as if their time of exposure were one catergory less (1 day turns to one hour, one hour to 10 minutes, etc...) as well as one situation catergory less severe. In order to gain this effect, RadAway must be taken hourly and the character cannot be exposed for longer than 24 hours at a time (this time is lengthened if Rad-X is also taken, if wearing a Radiation Suit, or NBC gear).
    TU: 40
    Spoiler
    Show

Buffout:
    Buffout was THE steroid of the 21st century, boosting muscles ability to work, increasing their efficiency and endurance as well as adding powerful pain killers that limit the brains ability to keep natural 'safe gaurds' in effect, allowing the user to push himself to the point of exhaustion.
    True to stereotypes, long term users of Buffout suffer from moderate mental handicaps during use, as well as excess body acne, (tiny little baby legs), and violent mood swings.
    Originally purposed for soldiers on the battlefield, Buffout was found to have very specific gender-related side effects: men grew...smaller, and women became overly aggressive.
    Buffout is potent, to put it lightly.
    Use of Buffout provides 2d6 temoporary hit points, a +4 bonust to Strength and a +6 bonus to Constitution and the temporary hit points that provides as well.
    These effects last 1d6+2 hours, and the first use has a 10% addiction chance. Each additional use before 30 hours have elapsed increases the addiction chance by 30%.
    Once Buffout has worn off, the user suffers -2 to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution for the full 30 hours, or until another dose is taken.
    TU: 30
    Spoiler
    Show

Mentats:
    Mentats were originally created, like Buffout, for the soldier at war, but this time to make them smarter. The problem was that smart troops do not a hill storm at all odds. After prolonged use, it was found that all the user wanted to do was sit around lazily, and take more Mentats. Gives the user a +8 temporary Intelligence and Wisdom bonus for 1 hour. Each use carries a 60% chance of becoming addicted.
    TU: 30
    Spoiler
    Show

Fixer:
    Carried by nearly every medical doctor, this medication instantly neutralizes the effects of chem addiction, and beginning the process of reversing the negative effects of withdrawl. If no withdrawl symptoms are yet present, the shot will complete the flush of chems from the characters' systems within 1d4 hours minus a number of hours equal to the characters' Constitution modifier, for a minimum of 1 hour. If symptoms are present, however, the character must have an uninterrupted 8 hours of rest to be rid of withdrawl symptoms (see "Chem Addiction" and "Withdrawl" below for details).
    TU: 50
    Spoiler
    Show

Water Purification / Deradiation Tablets
    "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz! Oh, what a releif it is!"

These small tablets are no larger than aspirin, but thanks to their extreme potency, each one is capable of clearing impurities and radiation from a single gallon on water.
    WARNING:If ingested, seek admittance to the nearest morge immediaely!

After Burner Gum

Spoiler
    Show

After Burner gum was an attempt to market a legal form of crystal meth to kids in the 21st century. After Burner is a powerful methamphetamine chewing gum that stimulates the central nervous system. The initial euphoric rush rarely lasts more than a few minutes, but during that time, the user is filled with a rush of energy & strength.
    One dose of After Burner lasts 24 hours, and has a 50% addiction chance.
    Use of After Burner grants the user 1 temporary action point that lasts for the duration, but disappears afterwards. The user also gains +1 Strength and +1 Wisdom for the duration.
    After 24 hours, the user suffers a severe crash and incurs a -2 penalty to both Strength as Wisdom, which lasts for another 24 hours, or until another dose is taken.
    After Burner is a strange drug, in that it has a cumulative effect. The second day that the drug is taken, the bonuses stack, to a total of 2 temporary action points (which refresh with each dose), and +2 strength and wisdom. The downside is that the second day, the user becomes addicted for sure, and coming down is twice as hard, with the penalty increasing to -4 for each.
    TU -

Healing Powder
    Spoiler
    Show

A powerful healing drug made from a mixture of plants. Healing powder cures 1d8-1 hit points of damage, but the user suffers mild hallucinations, incurring a -1 penalty to their actions for an hour after use.

TRAITS - (feats in disguise)
    Spoiler
    Show

Traits in fallout are a new addition to the game. Traits have both advantages and drawbacks and are gained by some notable physical characteristic.
    Each Character may take one, two or no traits.

Fast Metabolism
    You have a very high metabolic rate. You regain 1.5 times as many hit points from natural healing. However, your Con saves when warding off radiation and poison are at a -4.

Bruiser
    You are a little slower, but you hit Very hard.
    You go last in a combat round, but your strength goes up by one point for combat purposes.

Small Frame
    Due to your small starture, you are unable to carry a lot of weight. Your carry weights are 20% less for your strength than other people. You gain one point to your dexterity.

One Hander
    One of your hands is very dominant. You excel with one handed weapons, gaining a +1 bonus on to hit rolls with them, but this also means that you suffer when it comes to weapons requiring two hands, which you have a -1 penalty on to hit rolls.

Finesse
    You attack with style. The critical range for any weapon you use is one greater (20 becomes 19-20, 19-20 becomes 18-20). When rolling for critical damage, roll twice as many damage dice as needed, and take only the lowest die rolls.

Kamikaze
    By not paying attention to threats around you, you move faster than most people in combat, gaining a +2 bonus to your initiative roll. However, you take a -2 penalty to your Defense.

Heavy Handed
    You hit Hard, but with a total lack of finesse. You do +2 extra points of melee damage, but criticals must be checked an extra time.

Fast Shot
    You attack wit ha gun faster than most people. As a result, you gain an extra attack of opportunity when using a firearm. However, you may not attack any weapon or item held by your target while you are targeting them with a firearm.

Jinxed
    For you, and everyone 30' around you, all attack and skill rolls are botched on a roll of a one or two.

Good Natured
    You studied up on skills other than combat. You may trade in your Simple Weapons Feat for one of the following Feats: Builder, Creative, Deceptive, Educated, Gearhead, Medical Expert, or Trustworthy.

Chemical Reliant
    Your addiction rate to chemicals is twice as great, however, you suffer from their ill effects for only half as long.

Chemical Resistance
    Chemicals only work half as long on you, but your addiction rate is half of the normal rate.

Night Person
    You work much better at night. During the night, you gain a +1 circumstance bonus on attacvk rolls and skill rolls. During the daytime, this becomes a -1 penalty.

Glowing One (Ghoul Only)
    Extreme radiation exposure has made you radioactive. You gain +2 bonus to ward off radiation, but everyone around you is constantly exposed to a mild amount of radiation.

Tech Wizard
    You spent many years learning technical skills, granting you a +2 bonus on one of these skills: Computer Use, Craft (Chemical, Electronic, Mechanical), or Disable Defice. Your eye sight is damaged, requiring an Int check against a DC of 15 to make out details of objects further than 30 feet away.

Fear the Reaper
    One way or another, you've managed to cheat Death - for a while. You gain an extra starting perk, but something dangerous lies in your future (discuss with GM)

Vat Skin (Super Mutant Only)
    Your skin is a ghastly sight to see, and you have a permanent, almost unbearable stench. You gain 5 points to your Defense, but everyone within 30' of you must make a Fot save DC 15 every round to avoid gagging from your stench.
    Those who fail are at a -2 penalty for all rolls until the time comes to make another check.
    You also lose 2 points of charisma.

Ham Fisted
    You have big hands. You gain the Brawl Feat for free, but are at a -4 penalty on the Skills: Computer Use, Craft (any) and Disable Device.

Domesticated (Deathclaw Only)
    Thanks to special training, you gain a point of Intelligence. You do 4 less points of damage with unarmed damage.

Rabid (Deathclaw Only)
    If you manage to kill a foe in battle, you may take another swing at any enemy you threaten at your highest modifier. Unfortunately, your physiology is incompatable with any chems or healing items, making them ineffective on you.

Chem Addiction
    Spoiler
    Show

Obviously, any chem addiction is bad. If a character takes a chem with a chance of addiction, the player rolls d%, and if the result is the stated percentage or less, the character is addicted to that chem. At that point, at the end of the duration of the chem, the character must make a Fortitude save DC 10 + 1 for every hour they have gone without the chem they are addicted to (additional and separate checks are made for each chem they are addicted to). If the character makes this check successfully for a 24 hour period, the character "kicks" the habit, but suffers from an emotional scar that presents itself in a -1 penalty to both Wisdom and Charisma until they can be administered with Fixer. A character under the care of a doctor who makes a successful Treat Injury check for long-term care (DC 15), can give a +1 bonus to each of these checks for each two points they exceed the DC 15 check. If they fail any checks, they begin suffering from Withdrawl.

Chem Withdrawl

Chem withdrawl is a hard thing to watch, let alone experience. The effects of withdrawl are dependant on each chem. Once the duration for the chem expires, the character loses the temporary bonuses, and then takes a penalty of the same amount of the temporary bonus they received, for a minimum of 1, at which point the character enters into a coma. They must be administered to and be given under long-term care. If they are unable to be given Fixer, they will come out of the coma in 48 hours, with the -1 Wisdom and Charisma penalties until they can get a dose of Fixer. If no long term care is available, the character suffers 1 point of temporary Constitution damage each day they go without long-term care. Once their Constitution score reaches 0, the character dies.

Ranged attacks of Opportunity
    Characters with the Point Blank Shot feat are allowed to make ranged attacks of opportunity when they are provoked. However, the character does not receive the bonuse to hit granted by the feat when making the attack of opportunity

Damaged Weapons

On the roll of a Nat 1, any weapon you use have a chance of breaking and then becomes inoperable until repaired. This reflects the unreliability of things in the outside world and not having the constant resources to keep things working as we do in RL.

Treat Injury and Stimpacks

For every point over the DC of 15 (failure just means you get the 1d10+10), you get an additional point of healing from the Stimpak in addition to the 1d10+10. For example, if he gets a result of...oh...30, you get the 1d10+10+15 in hit points healed.

Water Weight

1 quart of water weighs 1 pound. simple

New Skill!

Barter (Cha)
    Use this skill to convince others to pay more for your goods, and to accept less money for theirs.
    Check - To barter with a merchant, you must have a number of goods, or an amount of money to trade roughly equal to the value of the good you wish to trade with the merchant.
    Your Barter skill is opposed by the merchant's skill check. tyhe difference in checks will result in a higher percentage of goods being gained or sold.
    Check Difference / % Increase for winner
    PHP Code:
    1 through  9  10%
    10 through 19 15%
    20 through 29 20%
    30 through 39 25%
    40 or more    30
    Example - You have a number of goods that equal about 400 caps, and you wish to trade with a merchant for 400 caps worth of goods.
    You roll and compare your Barter skill checks, and you come out 5 points ahead. You can safely offer 360 caps (400- 10%) of goods for their 400. Had the merchant won instead, you would have had to pay 440 caps for their goods, however, you are under no obligation to buy the merchants goods.

Try again? Yes, but each check takes up to 20 minutes.
    Special - You cannot take 10 or 20 when making a Barter check
    Time - A Barter check requires 20 minutes.

NEW FEATS:
    Spoiler
    Show

Armor Proficiency (Powered)
    You understand how to utilize the features of powered armor.
    Prereq: Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium)
    Benefit: When you wear a type of armor with which you are proficient, the armor check penalty only applies only to Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand and Tumble checks.
    Normal: A character who wears armor with which they are not proficient takes a -4 armor check penalty on attack rolls and all skill checks that involve moving, including Ride and Pilot.

Powered Melee Weapon Proficiency
    You understand how to operate and maintain powered melee weapons.
    Benefit: You make attack rolls with powered melee weapons normally.
    Normal: A character without this feat takes the -4 nonproficient penalty when making attacks with powered melee weapons.

Adrenaline Rush
    Requirements: Strength lower than 17
    With this feat, you gain one point of Strength when you go under half your hit points.

Better Criticals
    Requirements: BAB +6, Dex 13, Any non Mutant race
    The critical hits you cause in combat are more destructive. When you cause a critical hit, add an additional 1d6 points of damage (not multiplied).

Bonsai
    Requirements: Knowledge (Earth and Life sciences) 5 ranks, Craft (Chemical) 4 ranks, Ghoul only
    Through careful nurturing, you have a small fruit tree growing out of your head. This small tree bears 1d4 fruit.

Bracing
    Requirements: BAB +6, Con 13
    You have learned to brace yourself when firing large guns. You are considered one size larger for the purpose of firing guns from a standing position.

Brutish Hulk
    Requirements: Str 16, Con 9, Deathclaw and Mutant only
    With this feat, you gain double the normal amount of hit points each time you gain a level.

Cancerous Growth
    Requirements: Str under 14, Ghouls and mutants only
    You have mutated so badly that you regain 2 extra hit points when healing naturally. You can also regenerate broken limbs.

Crazy bomber
    Requirements: Craft (Chemical) 6 ranks, Int 13
    With this feat, your character has become an expert with making explosives. Should your Craft (Chemical) check fail by 5 points or more, the explosives do not explode, and the components aren't wasted.

Death Sense
    Requirements: Int 10
    You have very heightened senses. This perk gives you a +5 on listen and spot checks to notice somone Moving Silently or using the Hide skill.

Demolition Expert
    Requirements: Craft (Chemical) 7 ranks, Dex 13
    You are an expert at making explosives. Any explosive made by you goes off on time, and does an extra 1d6 points of damage.

Die Hard
    Requirements: Treat Injury 4 ranks, Con 13
    You don't die easily. When you get down below 20% of your hit points, your Saving Throws gain a +5 bonus until you are healed past 20%.

Dodger
    Requirements: Dex 15
    You are less likely to be hit, thanks to this feat. You gain an additional 2 points to your Defense with this feat.

Drunken Master
    Requirements: Brawl, BAB +3, at least 1 alchoholic drink, Non-robots only
    You fight better with a little liquid libation. You gain an additional +2 to your unarmed attack rolls while under the influence of alchohol.

Faster Healing
    Requirements: Con 15
    This feat can be taken up to three times. You gain an extra 2 hit points through natural healing.

Flexible
    Years of exercise has made you extremely supple. You can stand up and make a 10' move with a single move action.

Flower Child
    With this feat your are only half as likely to be addicted to a chemical, and you suffer the after effects only half the normal time.

Ghost
    Requirements: Move Silently 6 ranks
    In poorly lit areas, or after the sun goes down, you move very easily. In these conditions, you gain a +2 bonus to your Move Silently checks.

Harmless
    Requirements: Sleight of Hand 5 ranks
    You appear to be an innocent or at least innocuous person, and it makes it easier for you to steal from others. You gain a +2 on your Sleight of Hand checks when using it to pick pockets.

Healer
    Requirements: Treat Injury 4 ranks, Int 16, Dex 15
    You find it easier to heal injuries. When restoring hit points, kyour restore 1d8. During surgery, you restore 1d12 hit points for every character level of the patient.

Heave Ho!
    This feat can be taken up to three times. Each time it is taken, you add 5' to the range of thrown weapons.

Hide of Scars
    Your flesh has become hardened due to years of abuse and scarification. You have an extra 5 DR against all damage except fire.

Hit the Deck
    You react very quickly to incoming fire. When making a Reflex save against attacks that target an area, you take only half half damage with a successful save.

Lead Foot
    Requirements: Drive 6 ranks
    Your ability behind the wheel and your fast reflexes make you an incredible driver. When declaring a speed when driving, you can go up to two categories faster than the one you are currently at.

Light Step
    Requirements: Dex 15, Disable Device 6 ranks
    You have a soft touch and step, and are very cautious. If you fail a DIsable Device check while disarming a trap by more than 5, there is only a 50% chance the trap will actually go off.

Little Leaguer
    Prerequisites: Must be a member of the Vault Baseball Team (or a trained member of one); Weapon finesse or Weapon focus (Baseball bat and/or club)
    Always the baseball enthusiast, you were a member of the Vault baseball team! This feat gives you a +1 attack and damage using bats or clubs (similar to bats), as well as a +1 attack with thrown weapons generally of the size/shape of a baseball (grenades of most kinds, rocks, etc...). Effects stack with Weapon Finesse.

Living Anatomy
    Requirements: Treat Injury 4 ranks, Surgery
    You have a better understanding of the anatomy than most people. You gain one free rank in Treat Injury, and do an extra 2 points of damage on any attack against living creatures.

Loner
    Requirements: Charisma 10 or less
    You work much better alone. When working away at least 50' away from any allies, you gain a +1 circumstance bonus on all your combat an skill rolls.

Master Thief
    Requirements: Disable Device 5 ranks, Sleight of Hand 5 ranks, Dex 15
    You have become incredibly skilled at picking locks and stealing. You gain a +3 bonus to both Disable Device and Sleight of Hand.

Master Trader
    Requirements: Barter 7 ranks, Cha 16
    You have mastered one aspect of bartering and buying goods cheaper than normal. You get an additional 5% of goods payed or discounted in your favor when bartering

Medic!
    You gain a +2 bonus to your Treat Injury skill checks

More Criticals
    Requirements: BAB +6, Non Mutants
    This feat can be taken three times. You are more likely to score a critical hit in combat. You gain a +1 bonus to rolls to confirm critical hits.

Mutate
    Requirements: Minimum ECL 9
    Exposure to weird radiation has changed one of your traits. You may replace one of your traits with a different one. You lose the benefits and penalties of the old Trait and take on those of the new one.

Negotiator
    You are a very skilled negotiator. You gain a +2 bonus to Barter skill checks.

Night Vision
    With this feat, you can see in the dark much better. In total darkness, you can see as if you were in candle light (5' radius around you).

Pickpocket
    Requirements: Sleight of Hand 9 ranks, Dex 16
    You are adept at stealing. When attempting to pick someone elses pocket, they make their Spot check with a -5 penalty.

Psychotic
    Requirements: Con 13, Mutants only
    Your body has adjusted to the effects of certain chemicals.
    Select one chemical - the benefirts of the drug are doubled, while the withdrawal effects are halved.

Pyromaniac
    Requirements: BAB 7
    You do more damage wit hfire based weapons. When using a weapon that deals fire damage, they do an additional 1d6 poins of damage.

Quick Pockets
    Requirements: Dex 13, Minimum ECL 3
    You have learned to pack your equipment so that it is easily accessible. When retrieving a piece of equipment from your inventory, it doesn't draw an attack of opportunity.

Quick Recovery
    Requirements: Dex 13
    If you have been knocked down by an attack, you may stand up as a free action, so long as you are not grappling, pinned or unconcious.

Rad Child
    Requirements: Con 13, Ghouls only
    You do not take immediate damage from radiation, instead, you gain 2 extra points of natural healing while being explosed to it. Radiation will still continue to build up in your body, and possibly irradiate those around you.

Rad Resistance
    Requirements: Con 15, Int 13, Non ghouls only
    This feat may be taken up to twice. You are able to avoid radiation and the illness it causes. Each time this feat is taken, you gain a +1 bonus to your Fort save when warding off radiation and its effects.

Ranger
    You gain a +2 bonus on your Knowledge (earch and life sciences) check.

Salesman
    You can sell just about anything to anyone - if there were still eskimos, you could sell them an ice machine and still make a tidy profit. You gain an additional 5% in your favor when attempting a Barter skill check.

Sharpshooter
    Requirements: Dex 16, Int 16, BAB +11
    While using either handguns or long arms, range increments past 5 increments only incur a -1 penalty to hit.

Silent Death
    Requirements: Move Silently 8 ranks, BAB +7, Improved Brawl or Advanced Combat Martial Arts
    On a successful Move Silently check, you can sneak up on an enemy and inflict double damage with an unarmed strike.

Silent Running
    Requirements: Move Silently 7 ranks, Dex 16
    You can Move Silently up to your full speed without incurring a penalty, however attacking, running and charging still incur a penalty.

Slayer
    Requirements: Improved Knockout Punch, or Advanced Combat Martial Arts, BAB +11, Dex 16, Str 16
    In unarmed combat, all threatened critical hits are automatically confirmed.

Snake Eater
    Requirements: Con 13
    This feat may be taken up to twice. Each time it is taken, it grants a +2 bonus to Fort saves against poison.

Sniper
    Requirements: BAB +11, Int 16, Dex 16
    You have mastered the firearm as a source of pain. With this feat, any threatened critical hits are automatically confirmed.

Stat!
    Requirements: Treat Injury 8 ranks, Dex 13
    When using the Treat Injury skill to stabilize a dying character, you do not draw attacks of opportunity.

Steady Arm
    Requirements: Str 18, Advanced Firearms proficiency, Mutants only
    Your massive size allows you to keep your weapons steady when attacking with Burst fire.
    When using Burst fire mode, your attack roll is oly penalized by -2.

Stonewall
    Requirements: Str 16
    When someone attempts to bull rush you, you get an additional +2 stability bonus.

Strong Back
    Requirements: Str 16, Con 13
    This feat can be taken up to three times. Each time this feat is taken, you are considered to have 1 extra point of strength for determining carrying capacity.

Stunt Man
    Requirements: Str 13, Con 13, Dex 13
    You have learned how to roll with the punches... or explosions, car crashes and skull crushing trauma.
    You take 1d6 less points of damage from falling, explosives and other sources of massvie trauma (Dm's discretion).

Survivalist
    You gain a +2 bonus to your survival skill

Swift Learner
    Requirements: Int 16
    This feat may be taken up to three times. Each time you take this feat, you gain an additional skill point per level. These skill points are retroactive as well.

Talon of Fear
    Requirements: BAB +11, Str 13, Deathclaw only
    All unarmed attacks you make poison your target. Poison types vary and must be cleared by the DM.

Thief
    You have a +2 bonus to Disable Device and Move Silently checks

Tough Hide
    Exposure to radiation and the brutal life of the wasteland has hardened you against the elements. You gain 7 points of Defense, and an extra DR of 3.
    Last edited by TheMightyQuinn; 2015-05-11 at 05:25 PM.
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

courtesy of Easydamus

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks, Quinn!

Do me a favor and PM the link to this thread to Lentrax, so Aria can get put up here.

As always, I am claiming Dark Green.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Hello.

Going to be taking purple again.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #5

I think my PM's are having problems. Someone PM omni and get him the link here, too.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

6. - Top - End - #6

Okay - I will later tonight. At work right now.

Yeah. I got some pm with a picture of dexter? Wasn't sure if that was for me... lol

Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

courtesy of Easydamus

7. - Top - End - #7

Yes. It was a pic of what I envision as Kief...
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

8. - Top - End - #8

Ooh. The crazy guy. I need to reread the thread we did.

I'm also trying to remember how we figured Markis out. I'll send you a pm shortly and explain what I remember
    Edit:

Alright, well, as long as I have a post up here, welcome everyone!

I'll be claiming Fire brick as my speech color. I think.
    Last edited by TheMightyQuinn; 2015-05-11 at 05:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

courtesy of Easydamus

9. - Top - End - #9

Hey all,

As promised, here will be an example, as I previously promised:
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Your Character Name in Bold

Here, you tell what you do, and what not.

If you say anthing in-character, it goes like this, in your chosen color. Check previous posts from players who already have their colors chosen. In addition to this color (dark green), orange is also taken.

Generally, people put their character's thoughts, feelings, etc...right in here.

Spoiler: Dice Rolls
    Show
    Dice rolls go here, like this:
    (1d20+5)[18]
    +1 Base Attack
    +1 Weapon Focus
    +3 DM Circumstance Bonus

FOR THE DM:
    Spoiler: FOR DM77
    Show
    Put messages for just me like this or PM me.

__________________________________________________ _

Any Questions, just ask me Quinn or Lentrax.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, folks! :)

I'll be claiming Navy Blue for my posting color.

Also, Oncoming Wealth and HP rolls, for records sake:

Wealth: (2d10)[13]
    Second level HP (minimum half the dice value): (1d10)[8]

EDIT1: my mistake on the wealth rolls, oops!

Rolling again: in a newer post, heh
    Last edited by Hussam B.; 2015-05-12 at 03:43 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wealth: (8d10)[57]

So, times two, that will be 114 TUs or 1140 Caps?

And, stuff I got on the start:
    • Lever-action shotgun: (Using Benelli 121 M1 Stats) Purchase DC(?): 17
    • Brass knuckles: Purchase DC(?): 5
    • Leather Jacket: Purchase DC(?): 10

So, does that consume 32 TUs?
    Last edited by Hussam B.; 2015-05-12 at 03:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Most rifles have a trade unit cost of about 8 to 11.
    the Mossberg for example is 8.

Leather jacket is 5, and brass knuckles 3, so you're at about 16.

Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

courtesy of Easydamus

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cool.

Also, decided to pick up two traits: Bruiser and Ham Fisted

Then by picking Ham-Fisted, I got the Brawler feat for free, So I looked on the new feats and picked up:

Hide of Scars
    Your flesh has become hardened due to years of abuse and scarification. You have an extra 5 DR against all damage except fire.

Which seems like really really good, almost making me think that there is a requirement missing, heh

14. - Top - End - #14

It is really good, and we got quite a bit of the material from the fallout d20 supplement - while we've been working things up and tweaking it, credit is due to them.
    I'm not sure how it will balance out, but with the prevalence of flame weapons, breath attacks and such, it might not be bad.

Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

courtesy of Easydamus

15. - Top - End - #15

Okay, I have Hussam's character sheet, as well as Lentrax and Quinn. I am missing omni's and shadow's.

Omni, will you still be playing/rewriting up your old character? We are picking up where we left off, at the living examples left by the Legion.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

16. - Top - End - #16

SwashbucklerGuy

Need to adjust wealth and maybe pick "Good Natured". Would that replace a feat I've already chosen?

(8d10)[49]
    My Characters

Alaniel (Retired) Bob "O-Matic" Kern (Fallout) Hanzi Ivarisky (Giantslayer)

Games I'm running
    Runelords

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Time to start brushing up on my technical jargon...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #18

Haha. I'm reading up on the old IC thread to brush up on the story. I didn't remember reading it, but I must have, since I got to the point where I was posting.

Been just a little while.

One thing is for certain - we'll have to find a new way to cook salisbury steak for Aria.

Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

courtesy of Easydamus

19. - Top - End - #19

Firstly, welcome everyone!

Please ensure you all read through all pertinent information that's been posted here, including the IC thread posting format.

Second, I need a short "this is how I got here" blurb to explain why the two newcomers are arriving on scene. I will be posting the last few bits from the old IC thread so as to ensure everyone remembers where we were and what we were doing. I will put up the link for the IC thread (and start it) either late Thursday evening or Friday morning.

If anybody has questions, please feel free to ask. This is going to be a fun game, I just know it!

Also, please check the first post in this thread and take a look at the old IC and OOC threads, just to get an idea of pacing.

We had an agreement of at least a once-per-day posting requirement (excluding Saturdays), and if everyone had posted for the day, and I could get another post in, we would continue. The idea is that we are posting at least one time per day. I know some of you are, quite literally, on the other side of the globe, and that's okay. We will work with you.

That said, I look forward to gaming with you all.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn View Post
    Haha. I'm reading up on the old IC thread to brush up on the story. I didn't remember reading it, but I must have, since I got to the point where I was posting.

Been just a little while.

One thing is for certain - we'll have to find a new way to cook salisbury steak for Aria.
    The AEP7 Laser Pistol manual recommends that insta meals like that could be prepared by using the beam on the center of the tray for about 2-3 seconds. I will instead be using this AER 9 model rifle that I found, to blow it all to kingdoms come.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    I will instead be using this AER 9 model rifle that I found, to blow it all to kingdoms come.
    Hmm.. sounds reasonable. In an insane, rage-fueled hatred kind of way.

I suppose that's what happens when you've never been hungry. Even Salisbury tastes better than boiled boot leather, girly. Stays down easier too.

Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

courtesy of Easydamus

22. - Top - End - #22

Alright you two. Save it for the in character thread.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

23. - Top - End - #23

/pout

Aalright.....

After reading through the old thread, I'm just rather excited.

I hope I'll be able to keep up with that level of writing though. I was reading through it, thinking "wow. Did I write this?" lol

Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

courtesy of Easydamus

24. - Top - End - #24

SwashbucklerGuy

Are you relaxing the TU for ammo? In the Apoc book it's listed as TU per bullet, not per box of x bullets.

Otherwise, here is Bob slightly modified and paid for most of his gear, which I've listed in what I thought were TUs where the "weight" is so I had an easier time with calculation.

Bob
    Last edited by Shadowsend; 2015-05-12 at 06:59 PM.
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

25. - Top - End - #25

Use the D20 Modern SRD figures for character creation and I will adjust the rest. Be advised that Barter is a new skill that you can put ranks into. It is an in-class skill for everyone.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

26. - Top - End - #26

Gah! Barter!

I forgot all about that.

I'll have to switch some skill ranks around. Thanks for the heads up there Boss.

Spoiler
    Show

Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18

courtesy of Easydamus

27. - Top - End - #27

SwashbucklerGuy

I got everything else I wanted, I was just surprised at the extreme cost of bullets.
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

28. - Top - End - #28

Yeah, I am probably going to work up a modified price list, but I don't know. Heh, we could make it the source of one part of the story...crafting them, or finding a cache. Oh, and don't forget to declare you ate picking up your brass if you wanted to do reloads.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heh, that reminds me; gotta get shells for my guy's shotgun.

Added to sheet.

Also, found me a copy of d20 modern - apocalypse :)

30. - Top - End - #30

Yeah, I was going to ask that everyone shoot me an email so that I could share my Google Drive folder with all of my d20 Modern, future, etc...books in it. Anybody interested? Just put your Giantitp.com screen name in the subject so I know you aren't a random person.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL