A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [LS] Chapter XI: '...And The Rain Killed The Flowers' (IC)

The walls of the long forsaken halls, once holy, were covered with black ash, dirt, and scum, adding to the gloom of the dilapidated structure. The long aisle that led up to the Cathedral's alter, and center, was about 10 ft wide, a long, old worn red carpet lazily made its way up the hundred and twenty foot expanse from the door to the foot of the large dais. On either side of the walkway were shattered and broken wooden pews, the benches had not been used in centuries. The wood itself was petrified and appeared almost as a dark blackish stone. Pieces of broken wood could be seen on occasion littering the black and white marble tiled floor, in the few spots not covered with varying sections of parchment...

"There was once light, a floor, and yes, once even windows. However, long ago, a creature, a man, once. Was condemned within these hallowed walls. He possessed a gift, that fed upon his despair, and his masters' provided him all the suffering necessary. His gift bestowed upon him 'The Call', the god's sight, letting him see into all times, all lives, all existence, as a single entity. Madness took him... In time.

For centuries, he painted upon those loose pieces of discarded paper, they covered the walls. They covered the windows. They littered the floor. His hands obeyed a will of their own, creating scenes of his visions with an unnatural dexterity and skill. Before 'The War', before all of the wretched souls that bleed these lands were incinerated in the terrible bleak cloud of darkened fire. He had purpose. He possessed use to his Master's. Now all were dead, his life erased from existence, like the lives of those that once lived here. Only these frail, glass like images scattered about remain. "

Upon the left wall, nothing but the images were visible. Black streaks of paint ran over some, as if to erase those pictures all together. Large pillars separated the pews from the wall, about 5 ft thick each, stretching up into the darkness of the ceiling, so large was it, that the dim candle light would not even reach it. In the distance, perched lazily upon the desecrated alter sat a man. He wore large billowing crimson robes, two heavy leather belts held the large garment to him tightly, once across his waist and another coming down from across his shoulder. His hair was straight, but short and brown. he possessed a vary neat and well kept appearance, somewhat noble. A varying array of jewelry adorned his body, and a small 6'' dagger clinging tightly to his right side. His features were sharp, but pleasant, with what could be viewed as a mischievous smile that seemed to naturally come to his delicate jaw.
    He was not a large my by any standard, standing only about 5'9'', with a light and slime frame, but held a presence of strength about him, and an air of elegance in his mannerisms. His eyes were keen, sharp like a merchant's might be, some how seeming to always be withholding some malicious intent while betraying that notion with his calm, and welcoming gestures. A Hard man to read.

Nelrin'Fel

He sat upon half of a broken pew far from the walk way of the central aisle. The wood was petrified, and felt as stone. The maroon deep-leather of the tomes he possessed sat next to him, while the one he had opened sat open before him in his lap. He could hear the man's voice speak, as the blank pages were filled with words as they were spoken. It was a haunting display. Far in the distance another 80 ft off, another man sat upon a broken pew. He could only see his back, but his hair was dark and long, haggard and unkempt. The man upon the alter and the man in the seat seemed to be having a conversation. While he could make out their words, they seemed to pay him no mind, and he cared little for them. He came to finish these tomes. The rest was simply a means. His hands ran up to his head. His large 2 ft antlers sat atop his head once more. His long black robes, seemed solid, and physical. For the first time in perhaps a century. He wondered what this place was... He'd never heard of such a place. It was quiet and eerie. Yet still he could feel the presence of another. A Brother. He felt it strongly from that strange, black-haired man. He ran his hands through his own silvered hair. He had never met a Brother with black hair before. Never heard of one either... He was unnatural, but he could feel his strength. It made his knees lock and tremble. A force so crushing a small line of blood began to run down his nose as if a pressure began to build in his head. Even Tansal'ri did not possess anywhere near this amount of untamed power. He took a breath to steady himself. Perhaps he would look into that... later.

The Son of the Morning

He smiled his bare-faced smile. Familiar and sickening, for he knew the man far too well. " Oh, my dearest Kal!" He gestured dramatically to the blackness of the ceiling and the golden dome above the alter. " I am so glad... nay! Moved! You have returned to me... again." His eyes narrowed devilishly. A familiar look he had grown to hate... and fear. Damas'ky was a man of habit and tradition, even if those habit's were ever cloaked in a veil of misleading words and act. To see that expression once more... He remembered the last time. The last time he saw that look. He had been sent out to that place... that reflection of his memory, of that arcane school. Segenhall. Where Arch-Magister Marries defended them from the siege of the Basmaeal as they fled into the deepest darkness of the Forest of Shattered Ash. That infernal place... His skin prickled at the thought. The thought of The Burning Tide, the creatures that stalked them, and all the good souls he'd left to die, fleeing with Ellie into that dreadful place. He left Marries, he left Adair, he left them all... yet The Children of The Fallen pursued them still. The memories were but a haze now. But he remembered the lessons Mel, Hen, and all his friends had given to him. He'd grown so much stronger from it, and returned. He feared to ask why he'd been called again...
    Last edited by Mornings; 2015-05-14 at 05:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [LS] Chapter XI: '...And The Rain Killed The Flowers' (IC)

The Son of the Morning

[Perception Damas'ky]
    [Perception Kole'fien]
    [Perception Cathedral]
    [Equipment Check]

The Ronin quickly takes a moment to readjust his position. He stands up and sits on top of the backrest of the pew, posting one foot against the seat and the other against the backrest as if to push off if needed. He quickly uses his blindsight gaze to survey Damas'ky, the Cathedral and its other visitors. He looks for something new about him. Damas'ky is always scheming, destroying lives. The Ronin could only wonder what he was plotting now. He continues his survey of the room while keeping his physical eyes staring at Damas'ky the entire time. It's not like he saw with his physical eyes anyway. Stopping for a moment on the left wall with the large mural like paintings. All the times he was here he never really stopped to look at it. His mind is racing with all the times he's been here. The smashed pews from his fight with the Basmaeal and his encounter with 'her' when his mind, body and soul fragmented for the first time. Thinking back to the ritual on this very altar. His dried blood from the ritual and his charred flesh from the duel resting there. Damas'ky just sitting there. Basically dancing on his grave. His blindsight gaze goes to Kole'fien and realizes the seriousness of this meeting. His blindsight gaze quickly returns to the monster, Damas'ky. His many encounters with him thinking back to the last time he saw him. Damas'ky kicking him down the hole. He finally returns Damas'ky's greeting with his own infamous smirk and 'charm'."Damas'ky! I thought I smelt something more putrid in here than my own charred flesh. I'd hoped fate and the goddess would keep me from seeing your disgusting sight ever again. Unfortunately I don't think anyone can be that blessed by the goddess. But enough pleasantries. For what do I owe the pleasure of being in your presence again?"
    Last edited by Lazy Roman; 2015-05-10 at 03:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Cathedral Ruin

The large man stepped out from the shadows. His long black hair running down his back, his long bangs covering the sides of his face. " Heh. You've gotten sharper. That's good. " The 7 ft tall man, was clad in a dark burnished maroon coat. Dark leathers under that, scarred and torn. Two large bolt-guns strapped to either side of his leg. He held the Kurogatari at his side. The massive 8 ft odachi always looked immense. His face did not seem dire, or in great stress. A change in the usual change. " Your eyes are still blind, but your spirit still see's truly... If only your life shared the same story. Still blind. As ever. Still wondering, as always. And ever, and always, asking the wrong question...Dear Boy. You'll never learn." He lifted his arms to the black ceiling dramatically, looking to the 'sky' as if the answer was waiting up their. He looked back down at the wandering warrior again, a smile upon his lips. " ..Enough. Not every damn meeting needs to be a show, Keeper." He looked to the tall warrior, rolling his head to the side. " Doesn't it though? What would it be like, were it not so!? ...I beg the question. I DARE to question. What is it, if it is not a show? If we are not but actors, marionettes dancing upon our strings, doing our parts...." He stood upon the alter, standing a foot above the man, before his voice rang out in anger, feigned or real, he could not tell. " WHAT ARE WE, IF NOT ACTORS..PUPPETS!? ...SHOULD WE NOT PLAY OUR PART, WELL!? He ran his hands over his face. The expression vanishing from sight as his fingers revealed his features once more. He tilted his head to Kal, looking at him from his shoulder, standing above him, lording over him. "...We all must play our part Dear Boy. When will you learn?" He shook his head. His brown hair settling neatly. "...So then. Dear Boy. There remains, something unseen. Even by those who you'd thought to have the answer... And this of course, is the question! The question, of, 'What is the right question', yes? Of course! So Dear Boy!" He crouched on the alter, to look him directly in the eye, a certain unsteady-eagerness in his twinkling eyes. A sight he had never seen before. A sight that frightened the ronin greatly. Kole'fien signed, taking a breath before speaking. "...For once, I agree with the man." He paused curiously, something that was quite unlike the bold and outspoken warrior he knew so well. " Akoda... Why have you called US, here?" His voice spoke in earnest questioning. He could tell. The man truly did not know...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nelrin'Fel

He flipped the book to the first page... It was blank. he flipped through all of them. They were all blank. Then, a voice filled his mind, and the book returned to the first page. "Ah... So, you're back then are you? Well, shall I continue then? ...It was a long story the last we spoke. But this time... This time, it will be different. For you see. This story has yet to end... for all universes that span the infinate reflections of Ilmwel were forged by The Shards... and as I had previously mentioned. He, The Dreamer... now The Mad God. Was cut down by the man he trusted the most. He took The Shards and forged a sword, the only sword that could fell him.... So let us speak now of that man, and that sword. The Sword of Woe... for all our sins, all of our, pain. The 'system' that cannot be seen, except by those that perceive it and that vast spectrum of forces in existence all stemmed from this... So let us talk about a man named Faeris Grey. Ah, but I forgot. Allow me to introduce myself again. I am The 67th Librarian of The Order, Arch-Magister of Secrets, and Lord of Records, Magister Arcree Kelgore. If we have not spoken before, please say so, after all, I cannot see, haha... But I sense we are in such a delicate place. Let us depart to somewhere more fitting, hm? Perhaps we shall pay a visit to Cathedral Ruin, The Keeper is always so welcoming of guests to hear my tales. I'm sure he would offer his hospitality yet again.... now let us depart."
    With the Magister's words fresh in his mind he focuses once more on the book. "My name is Nelrin'Fel. Please tell me Magister, what purpose did you create these tomes for? I simply seek knowledge and it seems that seeking such things has left me in quite a predicament with my sisters and most likely with mother. Tell me what is within these tomes that is held so close to Tansal'Ri to which she will destroy me for knowing."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

The Son of the Morning

He nodded to Kole'fien as he revealed himself to the group. "Huh, Well I've had alot of time and practice to do so. I'm glad you're here to keep your brother in check. He turns his attention back Damas'ky still keeping his smirk. " I have to admit though I do enjoy your theatrical flair. It makes these meetings a-bit more fun. However I disagree. It's not so much a show as it's a game. The largest one imaginable and we are pieces on a very intricate game board with many different players and many different and unique pieces besides ourselves. Back to the matter at hand though. This is very interesting."" He says as he rests offhand on the handle of the Hikarikiba. "But to get the point, gentlemen. I wish I could tell why I called this meeting but it wasn't I who brought this great group back together. Unless it was under penalty of my own demise. Despite our great relationship Damas'ky. I would not have invited you to it. Although I imagine you would come anyway. So it seems none of us were the ones who summoned us here. Under normal circumstances I would say this was an ambush. However that would be foolish on their part. It'd be much easier picking us off one by one." He nonchalantly picks up one of nearby Tomes from the pew still in his seated position with his free hand and drops it into his bag of holding. "So then please indulge me dear Damas'ky. What is the right question then that we should be asking?"
    Last edited by Lazy Roman; 2015-05-10 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Grammar.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iValkyrieX View Post
    Nelrin'Fel
    With the Magister's words fresh in his mind he focuses once more on the book. "My name is Nelrin'Fel. Please tell me Magister, what purpose did you create these tomes for? I simply seek knowledge and it seems that seeking such things has left me in quite a predicament with my sisters and most likely with mother. Tell me what is within these tomes that is held so close to Tansal'Ri to which she will destroy me for knowing."
    A voice echoed back in his mind, as the words began to fill the page; Ah! Hello there. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I did not expect a Fel to be reading these tomes. I'm sure you've an interesting story. It was your family that sealed away my works after all... though I suspect someone let a number of them loose to find their way into hands much like yours. I created these tomes to hold The Truth. To Chronicle the deeds of the True World. The world you have lived in, The Haven, as you Children call it, is but a micro-verse created only in recent history thanks to the efforts of Kal'Fel freeing your 'Mother', Night. Who in turn liberated my spirit once more. It's quite the story I assure you... Fear not, that your Mother, Night will not think ill of you for coming this far seeking your freedom. But The Mother of The Black Veil, Hensa... she might disagree. I am very familiar with your family. However. I can speak no further on the matter, for I did not seal the memories of your Kin within this tome, and thus, I cannot access such thoughts at the moment.... Unless you happen to have those other works as well. But I assure you. it is Talri'Fel who would smite you, hunt you, for your 'betrayal'. For my words, and The Truth, cannot exist in your home world. Your small little spit of life is created by a very delicate balance. To disrupt The Balance could cause the very universe your Mother made to collapse upon itself, and The Children would be charged with putting the pieces back together. You must understand, you as a Child, charged with the defense of that world your Mother has blessed you with, have put that home in peril by opening my works. For to perceive such things, is to gain access to it. To Know, is power. Both literal and figuratively speaking. These works contain Truths... and thus. vast amounts of power by knowing suck. But truly it is The Seals these books contain. Things locked away from all the worlds waiting for those who would take up my cause, and seek The Truth as well. You see I was a Librarian of the Order, charged with maintaining the history of this great and wondrous multiverse, and now I share this information with you, freely. But weather you've the capacity to listen and understand the words I will grant you is another factor all together... To know The Truths, you must be able to comprehend them, and such is difficult for many..."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

V'dri'Fel - The Tragic Villain

He stood within the massive Cathedral... still dumbstruck by the resent events. He looked down at his hands. He was changed. He was more, he was changed. He could feel it. His hair was mist-like silver. His skin still deathly pale. He could feel those about him. 15 ft away, a brother sat far in the corner of a pew. His antlers prodding out proudly from his dark cloak. Nelrin'Fel... He had seen the soul of his brother depart from Talri'Fel as she ascended back to The Blessed Mother to restore the plane. Now he was connected to all of them. The knowledge flooded into his mind. As if connected to some unseen network. He took a step forward... A wave of crushing spiritual force struck him. Blood began to run from his ears. 100ft away, sat a black haired man. speaking to two others. But he knew him instantly. Without question. It was Kal'Fel... Mother's Chosen. The Son of the Morning. He could feel his spiritual presence from where he stood. It made his legs shake and buckle even from this distance. Truly it was the strongest force he had ever felt from one of his own... He wondered what was this strange place, where his brother's had gathered...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Roman View Post
    The Son of the Morning

He nodded to Kole'fien as he revealed himself to the group. "Huh, Well I've had alot of time and practice to do so. I'm glad you're here to keep your brother in check. He turns his attention back Damas'ky still keeping his smirk. " I have to admit though I do enjoy your theatrical flair. It makes these meetings a-bit more fun. However I disagree. It's not so much a show as it's a game. The largest one imaginable and we are pieces on a very intricate game board with many different players and many different and unique pieces besides ourselves. Back to the matter at hand though. This is very interesting."" He says as he rests offhand on the handle of the Hikarikiba. "But to get the point, gentlemen. I wish I could tell why I called this meeting but it wasn't I who brought this great group back together. Unless it was under penalty of my own demise. Despite our great relationship Damas'ky. I would not have invited you to it. Although I imagine you would come anyway. So it seems none of us were the ones who summoned us here. Under normal circumstances I would say this was an ambush. However that would be foolish on their part. It'd be much easier picking us off one by one." He nonchalantly picks up one of nearby Tomes from the pew still in his seated position with his free hand and drops it into his bag of holding. "So then please indulge me dear Damas'ky. What is the right question then that we should be asking?"
    Kole'fien put a hand to his head, sighing aloud. " ...Not even Violet would call us all here at once if he was planning some game or ambush. No one's that stupid. Or powerful. But... truly The Call did come from you." He glanced over at the man crouching on his alter. "...And really? Do I look like 'Lights' - Sol Vaelos to you? Brother my ass... I have to deal with this man more frequently then you, but that doesn't make us related. I hope." The cunning man smiled. " Oh come now. Truly i'm not so bad... and I must admit Dear Boy, that was quite the accurate statement, perhaps. But it is also true. That at some point. Now, or a time yet given life. You have called us here. Called yourself here. Called us all... So the question then becomes not 'why', but 'how', does it not? ...For what is it that binds us three? What I wonder what would call us once more like this? I wonder.. I do wonder.." He smiled devilishly. " Tell me, Dear Boy... what is it that we all share? "

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mornings View Post
    V'dri'Fel - The Tragic Villain

He stood within the massive Cathedral... still dumbstruck by the resent events. He looked down at his hands. He was changed. He was more, he was changed. He could feel it. His hair was mist-like silver. His skin still deathly pale. He could feel those about him. 15 ft away, a brother sat far in the corner of a pew. His antlers prodding out proudly from his dark cloak. Nelrin'Fel... He had seen the soul of his brother depart from Talri'Fel as she ascended back to The Blessed Mother to restore the plane. Now he was connected to all of them. The knowledge flooded into his mind. As if connected to some unseen network. He took a step forward... A wave of crushing spiritual force struck him. Blood began to run from his ears. 100ft away, sat a black haired man. speaking to two others. But he knew him instantly. Without question. It was Kal'Fel... Mother's Chosen. The Son of the Morning. He could feel his spiritual presence from where he stood. It made his legs shake and buckle even from this distance. Truly it was the strongest force he had ever felt from one of his own... He wondered what was this strange place, where his brother's had gathered...
    What was this. Where was this. Questions, questions, simple, simple. All of it had seemed so confusing, so strange, so infuriatingly complicated. And now everything was right again. Everything made sense. What was his name? It didn't matter anymore. Nothing really did. There was only the hate, and the doubt, and the need, a great and burning need to feel. To touch, to taste, to smell, to experience what he could before his time over. This felt good, it felt right. All of it suddenly came together and clicked. The man who once was Avaricious stumbles forward, the world he once knew long gone. He feels a sudden connection course through him as he began to understand it all, as the cogs and gears began to pound away, the whispers he hears in his head quieting down for now as he looks around.

The entity speaks, reaching out forward to nowhere.

"What.... Am... I..."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Son of The Morning, Kal S. Akoda

"We are not brothers in the sense of blood but we are still held together by blood. Namely my blood that is. Whenever I’m with one of you the other almost always appears shortly after. You right however there was one thing I know we all do share. I remember it was here when your brother denied everyone access to Elevation and left. Kole'fien proposed what was thought to be impossible. You never spoke of it but you were the only other one who stayed after with Kole'fien and myself that day. Unfortunately, before we could discuss anything. I was attacked and well….” He smirks for a second. “I lost myself for a while. I honestly don't know how I gained my physical form back though the last thing I recall is my discussion with Kole'fien and then darkness and now I'm here again.” He ponders for a moment trying to decide his next action. The Ronin then rises to his feet in a quick snap stands up. “However before we can continue on with this incredibly insane affair will have to wait a few moments. There are guests here. No one comes to this place on a whim or without invitation. I’m going to…greet them.” He turns his attention to the closest stranger the student sitting in the pew reading his little book.

[Activates shadow step]

The blind ronin disappears into the floor he makes his way across the cold cathedral floor until he is right next to Nelrin'Fel.

[Casts Obscuring Mist 40x40 around Nelrin'Fel]

As a large thick fog seems to pillow and builds around them. Kal finally takes his normal form sitting on the pew next to their first visitor. “Welcome to our club house, child. You have come to a place where myths, forgotten gods and legends walk just as you do. This is peculiar, very peculiar indeed. I've never met you before and I've been around long enough to meet most of the folks who would be walking here.”

[Perception]

If he had eyes he would look him down once or twice fortunately and unfortunately for the cursed ronin he did not need too. He wraps an arm around him like an older brother and then brings his attention to the book in their guest’s hands. With the hand not wrapped around Nelrin’s shoulder he takes hold of the book so he can read along. Like a rude student trying to teach off his classmates. “Don’t worry about the other scary men we have some privacy now. So go ahead, tell good old Kallycakes your woes. Young boy who are you and how did you find this place?”
    Last edited by Lazy Roman; 2015-05-11 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Title

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nelrin'Fel

“Don’t worry about the other scary men we have some privacy now. So go ahead, tell good old Kallycakes your woes. Young boy who are you and how did you find this place?”
    Kal's words rang through him as he coughed blood directly into his face. "Well this is interesting now. Hello Kal'Fel. I am Nelrin'Fel, but I'm sure you already knew that." Stopping only to cough up more blood but this time directing it to the side that Kal is not on. "I was brought here to enjoy a slight bit of reading by Magister Kelgore and to meet a man that goes by the title of 'The Keeper'." Nelrin starts to look back at his book but lets out a long wheeze of pain and more blood begins to drip from his nose and his mouth. He then states with petulance; "Do you mind if I get back to my reading now I'm sure you'll be reading along as well the best you can with that blindfold on. With all due respect could you not sit next to me with this presence 'KILLING' me"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Son of The Morning, Kal S. Akoda

"What was that you said?" He brings his hand to his ear. "It sounded like aagghhhh" He drops his smile for a moment. "Listen child I'm going to be quick with you before the blood starts to run from your eyes. You have some very important books. More important than you can even comprehend. I'm guessing that is why you're here. I'll let you keep this one cause you already started reading it. I hate when I can't finish a book too. But those you left in plain sight by the way you should really hide stuff unless you need too. So if you'll excuse me." He gets up and slides by him like an awkward exchange at the movie theater. "Sorry I can't let a chance like this pass. Don't worry though you'll get em back before you leave." He picks up the books sitting on the pew that Nelrin'Fel had put to his side and walks back to his former group as he does so he opens up one of the books with his offhand and turns to the first page.
    Last edited by Lazy Roman; 2015-05-11 at 02:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

The Son of the Morning & Nelrin'Fel

As he opened the book. Dark ink began to fill it's surface. A distant gentle song begun to fill his ears. A sweet humming, motherly and loving, that grew in volume, louder and louder. The Ink began to run off the pages and pool on the floor and then-
    ----

With a flick of his wrist, the massive scabbard slammed the book shut in his hands. " ...Careless boy. Too careless. Or do you have a deathwish? " Damas'ky clapped his hands in giddy glee thoroughly amused. " 'Our Lady of the Black Veil: Vessel of Hensa..... quite the interesting reading material. Did you even read the cover? Dear boy! I am shamed. Even I thought more of you then that... And what's more..." He lifted a hand. The mist cleared, the ronin's hand's shook, trembling violently, as the man seemed to take an incorpreal form, of scarlet mist, removing the tomes from his possession. And slowly walking towards the horned man who sat in the corner, as he rematerialized. The paralysis wearing off. He dropped the books upon the mans lap, on top the book he read. He looked down upon him with deathly seriousness. " You are Nelrin'Fel - The Exiled Son. I am The Keeper, Master of all you see before you, and all time that may be, all space that was, within these walls. I am Damas'ky. Welcome to Cathedral Ruin. I grant you sanctuary here... however...These..." He tapped the books with one finger. "..These do not leave these halls, do you understand? ...You may leave them with me when you are finished, and read them at your leisure. But they shall not be see the light of the sun nor moon, nor stars, and within this place they shall remain, until your Mother says otherwise...I'm sure you've some questions, but I've some bussiness still, so some questions can wait. Until then... Do what you will. " He turned away and begun walking away back towards where he came yet still speaking. " There is no entrance, nor exit to speak of here, nor time to waste, nor time to squander, nor time to consider. So please... Do take your time.." He smiled devilishly over his shoulder. He walked back over to the man, plopping down ungraciously next to Kal, crossing his leg over the other and across his lap. He through an arm over his shoulder, and begun to his in his ear. ' Dear, Dear... Dearest foolish boy. The Son's of Night... other then yourself, are MY WARDS... my charge, you see? My Lovely One, my Dearest One has asked this of me, so I will comply. But you? You? Do you think the world needs you? Do you think you're so....special? Do you think? Do you know? Do you remember? ....Remember, Dear Boy..." He ran his hand through his mangy black hair. " Remember, you are nothing... Remember, you know... nothing. Remember you have failed. That your use has long passed expired. Remember you are weak. Remember you are nothing... " He rose to his feet, turning to sit back on the blood-stained alter. " ..And if you interfere with my duties again... I will kill you boy. Your time has come and gone, and that which once shielded you has slipped from your hands. You're disposable. Replaceable. Expendable.... And only by My Dearest's word, and her good faith in you do you still yet live... but do not test my patience..." He smiled, crossing his legs, and putting his hands upon his lap, smiling gently. Kole'fien eyed him suspiciously, having taken a defensive step away from him. "...Now Dear Boy. Where were we? Ah, yes... Why, oh why, are you here? Are we here. I do wonder..." His eye's were cold and icy like knives.

The Voice of Thunder & V'Dri'Fel

The wave, the oppressive aura stuck him hard, the cloud of mist obscuring his sight. He staggered, and felt as if he was about to fall, when a hand came around him, steadying him. " Welcome Son of Night" His voice was proud and booming. The aura seemed to be repressed while the man held him close. He was an immense man, the complete opposite of the man in red. wearing long blue robes with a large white talbard and hood. His face was stern, he stood a staggering 8 ft tall, with a massive build. He held a huge rod of twisted spun glass in hand. Energy moved about though it, as if it contained lightning. It ended in a large tree like claw. " Welcome, V'Dri... I am Ro'lek, Ward of The Wake. I offer you sanctuary here within these walls. This is Cathedral Ruin, and within this place may you find shelter from the darkness and the cruelty of the world, even if but for awhile... By your Mother's word I've come to see you taken after." He led him to the left, and sat upon one of the pews that were unbroken. " Come. I will answer what I can, and know much, even as to your state of being. "

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nelrin'Fel

" You are Nelrin'Fel - The Exiled Son. I am The Keeper, Master of all you see before you, and all time that may be, all space that was, within these walls. I am Damas'ky. Welcome to Cathedral Ruin. I grant you sanctuary here... however...These..." He tapped the books with one finger. "..These do not leave these halls, do you understand? ...You may leave them with me when you are finished, and read them at your leisure. But they shall not be see the light of the sun nor moon, nor stars, and within this place they shall remain, until your Mother says otherwise...I'm sure you've some questions, but I've some business still, so some questions can wait. Until then... Do what you will. " He turned away and begun walking away back towards where he came yet still speaking. " There is no entrance, nor exit to speak of here, nor time to waste, nor time to squander, nor time to consider. So please... Do take your time.."
    Nelrin silently thanks the Keeper, and then places the books close to him by his side. He then continues to put his focus into the book in his lap, 'The Sword of Woe: Vessel of the Godeater'. "I am a Fel but I have all but been removed from the family. I have made my own decisions and wish to make my own path now. Please I seek knowledge and truth from you. I wish to read and one day unlock the secrets hidden within these codices. Is there anything you can tell me about the seals beforehand?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Nelrin'Fel

Nelrin silently thanks the Keeper, and then places the books close to him by his side. He then continues to put his focus into the book in his lap, 'The Sword of Woe: Vessel of the Godeater'. "I am a Fel but I have all but been removed from the family. I have made my own decisions and wish to make my own path now. Please I seek knowledge and truth from you. I wish to read and one day unlock the secrets hidden within these codices. Is there anything you can tell me about the seals beforehand?
    The voice of the Arch-Magister filled his thoughts again, and the words began to inscribe themselves upon the pages, in the same abyssal text. " Yes... I suppose I can. Though not in full. For I've not access to all my memories you see. The Seals cannot be lifted by one who does not understand The Legacy. For any of the books I wrote with my dear friend, Lord Grey. Each book is different however, some, like this one, contains this piece of myself which may speak. While others contain memories. Wonder. Terrible. Memories. Only by understanding and overcoming them will the beginnings of the words come to light. There are many a Codex I have assisted in creating. But they guard and hold The Halls, places of forgotten memory where worlds that no longer exist remain. Powers. Forces, that no longer exist swell. For only The Evernight and Desolation can unmake what is in full. All else. All that is not made new, finds 'death' within existence, and is held within The Halls. Forces far beyond your comprehension dear child, rest within these places.... Fearsome are that which dwell within. But each possesses its own lock. Its own key, and its own challenges. To find the lock one must know. To find the key, one must understand. To survive the crucible. One must be terrible and fearsome. For each hall is defended by The Onyx Guardian, and each gauntlet will prove to be a crucible in it's own right. Fail, and be lost forever. I will speak to you of the truth, but the rest, and the decisions you make, reside within your own hands... Now, shall we begin? "

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mornings View Post
    The voice of the Arch-Magister filled his thoughts again, and the words began to inscribe themselves upon the pages, in the same abyssal text. " Yes... I suppose I can. Though not in full. For I've not access to all my memories you see. The Seals cannot be lifted by one who does not understand The Legacy. For any of the books I wrote with my dear friend, Lord Grey. Each book is different however, some, like this one, contains this piece of myself which may speak. While others contain memories. Wonder. Terrible. Memories. Only by understanding and overcoming them will the beginnings of the words come to light. There are many a Codex I have assisted in creating. But they guard and hold The Halls, places of forgotten memory where worlds that no longer exist remain. Powers. Forces, that no longer exist swell. For only The Evernight and Desolation can unmake what is in full. All else. All that is not made new, finds 'death' within existence, and is held within The Halls. Forces far beyond your comprehension dear child, rest within these places.... Fearsome are that which dwell within. But each possesses its own lock. Its own key, and its own challenges. To find the lock one must know. To find the key, one must understand. To survive the crucible. One must be terrible and fearsome. For each hall is defended by The Onyx Guardian, and each gauntlet will prove to be a crucible in it's own right. Fail, and be lost forever. I will speak to you of the truth, but the rest, and the decisions you make, reside within your own hands... Now, shall we begin? "
    Nelrin'Fel

Nelrin simply pushes his words out to the Magister within his mind. Thank you Magister. Please continue, I wish to learn what I may while I still can.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Nelrin'Fel

Nelrin simply pushes his words out to the Magister within his mind. Thank you Magister. Please continue, I wish to learn what I may while I still can.
    Very well. But know this story, is rather short, that it has yet to be complete... and I cannot answer what this memories this tome does not contain. Before The Chapter Angels, and the Legacies were created. There existed only Los. There exist no worlds, no existence to speak of. Only The EverNight... and from this The Dreamer woke. He found his world of perfect night wondrous and beautiful. But in time. Alone. He grew lonely, bored, and discontent. So he created another. She, The Lady. was his only companion, but she detested the endless dark of his world, longed for more. So for her, he created countless pieces of existence. They were but slivers, fragmented pieces of possibility. But to all she was still displeased. He possessed not the mind or insight to fulfill her wish.. and so. With his own hand her cast off a piece of himself, his divinity unto her. The power was beyond anything she could control... And so she was divided and reborn into The Three. The Trinity. The Goddess. From such, they journeyed beyond The EverNight seeing vast expanses of what one might call existence within the endless sea of lights of their kin. Formless and infinite. She took The Dreamer with her, they left those Ages behind them, and she took him to a place, not forgotten, but never born. Never given life. Never forged into the fabrics of reality. A place within their mind and memories, where they were joined. Where what existed, was not existence, but chance. Probability. And hope. From the highest reaches of this strange place. She told him, they would build a paradise. A world where they could be free. It was then. It was their, The Dreamer took The Black Oath, and forged The Shards of The EverNight. He forged the pieces into a single length that bore the weight of all that might be, that would be, that was. He vowed he would not rest... he would let no imperfection lay within their Paradise. He would rebuild and destroy those worlds that did not satisfy Her. Countless worlds, forged. Countless worlds destroyed. Over and over again, in an endless cycle. But somewhere within the deepest darks of The EverNight, The Dreamer's children, The Basmaeal, quested for them both, and released that which had fallen within The Halls, the remains, the fractions of worlds sundered by his Sword of Woe. They took these pieces to The Ever-Present Lady, The Goddess, Arias. She took the splinters into her hands, and cast them between The Night and EvenFall. Their... the first world Saern was forged. She cast the shards she used in a joyous dance. Creating world upon world.... Aeons past, countless and immeasurable. The Dreamer, could no longer see the light, only his own failures, he destroyed world after world, until he finally returned.. He watched what his Goddesses had forged. Such a strange place. He saw hope... but taint within it. Taint he would not tolerate... and so with his sword he passed his judgement. Destroying Saern. The Goddesses sent out their Angels with her hand to gather the falling souls who descended ...into the night. They gathered the souls valiant and virtuous, who possessed that which she had hoped to create. But one man. By his own hand, The Mad God took. The Lord Grey. He raised him up. Intrigued by the man. They spoke for ages. The Mad God befriended him as his own brother. Granting him a measure of his divinity... but he could not see his err then. For The Lord Grey, as much as he respected The God, could not let his vows of vengeance for all The Fallen go unanswered, their cries of justice. He won the heart of The Goddesses and so... The Legacy was forged at that moment when he brought the blade down upon His Brother, His Father, His Friend, His God.... yet the cycle still continues now. But remains unseen. "

The Magister's voice trailed off as he ended. The ink of the pages came to a halt. The words ceasing. Then after a moment, a voice filled his mind. Distant, yet clear. The voice of a man he did not know. As if some piece of time replayed within his conscious thought;

"..It was some time after that, after those words, among a shattering world, I cut Him down. I, would not let even Him, stand in the way of Her dream. With the vary Shards He used to sunder my Paradise..... I felled him, with the Goddess at my back...And bloodied I looked to her."

" She only smiled. "

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Son of The Morning

He did his best to shake off the moment from himself and regain his composure. "It depends on what you call a death wish but I understand. I'll be a good boy if only for you Damas'ky. I'd hate to ruin our great relationship. Theres only one other I have yet to speak to. She more than likely has the answer were all seeking. This will take a moment gentlemen. I'll see you in but a moment."

[Kal uses his Devil's arm to teleport to the 7'th Chapter Angel, Nights]

He gives a quick wave as he disappears.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

*** The Son of Morning has left the game

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Son of Night

[Son of Night enters the game]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Kal'Fel - The Son of Night

The pool of dark mist struck the desecrated tiles of Cathedral Ruin. Within the mist and shade, crouched a ragged and torn figure. His cloths were the same. But the eerie aura of power that radiated from him, and the strange distortion of light about him gave off a otherworldly sense about him. He stood as the black mist gathered about his feet. Massive black wings upon his back. The scars were gone. The damage of lives and terrible wounds... faded and removed. He stood, reborn. Renewed. Kole'fein stood dumbstruck by the sudden change in less then a few seconds from his departure. Damas'ky stood up, eyes wide in perhaps... genuine shock. He lept off the alter, and slammed into him, gripping him by the collar. Hissing in his face. Night... My Lovely Night! You saw her didn't you... You touched her didn't you!? What is this foolishness!? Why do you carry her blessing!? " His face began to redden in frustration.
    Last edited by Mornings; 2015-05-16 at 10:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Kal'Fel - The Son of Night

The Son of Night did not react or fight Damas'ky grip. He was chosen to be the savior and guide for these Children of Night. He has decided he would do his best to play out his role for her and atleast for the moment cast off his usual personality as the playful, selfish ronin who has survived through all he has on pure luck and will. He teleports away from Damas'ky and reappears standing on the altar where he was sacrificed so many lifetimes ago. He changes his appearance, his old clothes turning to that of a member of the Akoda clan. A gi, hakama, obi, tabi, zori and haori. Only now instead of his clan's color his clothes are colored pure black with only the mon retaining it's original color he wanted to retain a-bit of his own personality and flair. He looks Damas'ky straight in the eye and then to Kole. He speaks with a tone unlike the one he had before he left. It holds all the seriousness these new events had. "Damas'ky, Kole'fien...I have important news. During my last moments in remains of Saren my time ran out. An 8th key has been forged." He lets that hang for a moment in the air and continues. "That is why I issued The Call....to all The Bearers of the Keys." He looks at Damas'ky as he emphasizes 'all key bearers.' Showing he now understands what he meant when he said 'what we all shared in common' without flatly announcing his realization that Damas'ky holds the remaining keys. "Thus this begins the 11th Chapter. We must not dwaddle here however. She requires that we witness the birth of her sister. I am required by her to bring her children with me all here at Cahthedral Ruin to The World. So that I may guide and protect them in their journey to restore The Legacy." He pauses for another moment letting everything set in as if the air had stiffened and took a moment to adjust. He looks back to Damas'ky to address his question. "Also to answer your question I simply did as she instructed me to do and I was rewarded for it. Now any other questions? There is much work to be done this day."
    Last edited by Lazy Roman; 2015-05-16 at 11:01 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nelrin'Fel

As the Magisters' words trail off and the mysterious mans voice rings out, Nelrin's thoughts permeate outward towards the book. "Thank you Magister. I must move on, I have other books to read before I must set off. Please allow me to go and read another story of yours; 'The Wrath of Stars: Vessel of the Night Heralds'.

He then closes the book and gathers his thoughts. He sits and thinks about the story and what may come of this knowledge. After gathering his thoughts for a moment he places the book on the side with the others, then places his hand on another of the tomes; 'The Wrath of Stars: Vessel of the Night Heralds'. Slowly looking over the book searching for answers along the leather binding it together. After spending a moment on the outside of the book, he moves to open to the first page and begins to focus his mind to the codex.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Perception (1d20+0)[13]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Deathkeeper Nadia Vorns, the Stillborn Drake

Nadia steps forward from a grey miasma that appeared from nowhere, her previously luminescent wings now dark with shadows. Her left hand is twisted into a cruel claw, and burns with a black flame. She looks around.
    Wonderful. They haven't even managed to get this far yet.

Reaching out to her new mistress, Nadia test their link
    My Lady, can you hear me? I do have further questions.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

The DeathKeeper

' Welcome to Cathedral Ruin... or an instance of it rather. Still scarred as ever. Yes. A pity. I once enjoyed it here when it was full of light. Now it is left as but a crude shadow of itself. The Keeper will tend to you, though it appears he is pre-occupied. You are safe here, but mind your tongue. Not all is as it appears within this place... speak and I will listen. '

The slash of grey light behind her closed. The pouring miasma of souls created a thick fog upon the floor that sat stagnant and solid, as if it was some semi-tangible cloud. The burning dark flame from her massive black clawed arm crackled like a burning fireplace. The black flames danced and licked her cloths and face, though she felt no heat or feeling from the ghostly fire.

Behind her Koriah walked forward, her form becoming solid and corporeal as if she walked through some strange door, fading into existence. She looked about, then looked at the Lieutenant up and down. The black wings of shadow.. the strange dark shroud of black mist. The massive clawed arm of burning black flame... She winced. " What the bloody-hells happened to you? You look like a goddam, black dragon.. or some type of fiend I've never heard of. Did i miss that much? " She looked about the place, clearly just having arrived.

The Voice of Thunder

A large man finished speaking to a man at his side, and with a nod he laid a hand upon him, and his body turned to a familiar grey mist. Vanishing off into the endless blackness that seemed to stretch upwards to make the ceiling. It was almost a beautiful sight. Streams of grey and silver light intertwined fading off into the dark. The massive man rose from his pew bench, picking up his large staff of twisted glass, small streams of light radiating through it. " Welcome Lady Azmeren, and DeathWeaver Vorns. I am Ro'lek, The Ward of The Wake, and steward of The Keeper. I offer you sanctuary here within Cathedral Ruin." The 8ft tall massive priestly looking man, spoke softly, but the booming timber of his voice was still quite evident. "The Keeper will see you now. If you desire to speak with him."

**** V'Dri'Fel Has Left The Game

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Nadia Vorns, the Stillborn Drake

Nadia smiles at Koriah.
    Less than you would think, venture captain. Suffice it to say I'm a bit more in touch with my ancestors now. Where are the Magister and the other one?

Then the steward speaks.
    Yes, I believe that would be for the best. My lady told me to seek him out.

My lady, what can you tell me of this Keeper?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

The DeathKeeper

' He is wise, and foolish in deed. But he knows more then he should, and hints at less then he knows. He will offer you guidance. But expect no straight answers from him. He will grant you sanctuary here for you are a Weaver, but he owes no allegiance towards us. It is to The Children his loyalties lay. So use this knowledge to pull what you must know from him. Push him, and you will only become in-tangled in his word-play. He is quite the tricky man, though he fulfills his duties just the same. '
    ----------------------------------------------

The Son of Night

He teleported from Damas'ky's grasp within a cloud of dark mist. Appearing upon the alter. "Oh... Well that's a neat trick isn't it. A Seraph now, are we? How quaint...." He raised his hand, and back slapped him off the alter, though he was some 30 ft away, the force of the blow sent him reeling to the floor. " Off, the alter Dear Boy... You said it yourself. The 8th Key forged, and the new Chapter begun.... thus will she descend here from above, to bless us with her name.." He held his hands out wide to the massive golden dome above the alters, filled with mirrors and golden statues of angels. Kole lifted the young warrior from the ground. "A Seraph? There can be no Seraphs until Arias returns... " He grabbed him by the shoulders, shaking him roughly. " You did it, didn't you! You brought her back!? " He laughed triumphantly. " Finally.. Our time has come. I welcome you brother, as a Raven of our Order. " The joy was quite evident on the world-weary warrior's face. His thoughts racing. " If such is the case... You're more right then you know... Once the Chapter Angel has descended, we must make for Ilmwel with all haste. Those loyal to Our Lady within The Order will rally to us, and we can turn the tide, and fix The Cycle before judgment is passed upon it." Damas'ky looked over his shoulder dropping his hands to his sides, his head thrown back pompously. " Yes. Yes... Our Dear Boy, has finally done something right for once. Finally, finally, finally. You know Dear Boy. I've been waiting to say that for a very long time. For the first time, you've actually proven useful. Perhaps it was worth letting you live so long after all... though even I still wonder how you've managed to scrape-by for so long... and look! Now you're a Seraph, Ha! My Lady is quite humorous.... but that is well.... for soon, she'll return. Soon... And I'll be free, of this stinking place. It's been long... too long."

The Voice of Thunder

Ro'lek turned just as the form of the unconscious knight faded and fell before him. He caught her with one arm and a grunt. Placing her on one of the petrified cathedral pews. " She'll be safe here... Let us speak with The Keeper quickly, before we loose any more time."

Nelrin'Fel

As he spoke, the Magister interrupted his thoughts. ' Ah, If you've more of my tomes. Then leave them open with this one. Not all tomes contain my words, many I had fashioned simply contain memories. But it is far less vexing with words to guide you, is it not? Open the book, and It will bring you to those distant memories Sealed away, of your world, and my own. '

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Kestal'Fel

Ready for the portal this time, Kestal catches herself, floating down with her wings rather than landing on her back. Looking around, she smiles, relieved to see Jeska, Koriah, and Nadia, but tilts her head curiously at the latter's change in appearance as she approaches. Moving to stand next to them, she whispers to her mind surreptitiously, "Loving the new hand and wings...can't wait to see what you can do with them."

Turning to face the others in the cathedral, she places a hand on her bare hip, It seems some of our Brothers are here. "It appears I'm the last to arrive. I feel like introductions might be in order."
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Nadia Vorns, the Stillborn Drake

Nadia smiles at the fiend.
    That is far from the only change that has occurred. I look forward to demonstrating some of it for you.
    An image flashes into Kestal's mind.

She returns her attention to Ro'lek.
    Lead the way.

She continues digging deeper into the well of knowledge that is her Mistress.
    Who, and what, are the Children? Another faction in all of this?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

The Son of Night

He jumps to his feet with the helped by friend and ally Kole'fien. The ronin turned Seraph is stupefied and stunned. He's being praised for something he did for the first time in honestly he can't remember the last time he was praised for anything. Invited in as a Raven of the Order; Damas'ky saying anything positive; surely he thought he suffered a large head wound and these were his dying last thoughts. He comes back to reality as Damas'ky finishes his words. "Well we all know the only reason I am was due to alot of willpower and good fortune on my side. Also some help here and there but enough about that." He walks over to the pew where he was before and sits on the backrest. "Things are certainly looking optimistic my friends. We will make way to Ilmwel, fix the cycle before judgement is passed and be home in time for a massive feast. Hopefully if I have time in between when he rears his disgusting self. I will rub my brother's face into the dirt." He takes a deep breath and relaxes in his small victories for this moment in time. It all seems plausible this time around for the first time to fix the cycle after his many defeats. As a Seraph he might have the strength to actually do it.
    Last edited by Lazy Roman; 2015-05-19 at 06:04 PM.