New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux) [IC]

Declan

Sounds alright to me. Those" in power are normally they psychos anyway Declan said with a shrug adding And I ain't too keen on taking on any military. They are normally better armed with more arms to hold them.
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2015-06-04 at 07:21 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quinn, remember that he said "what is left of the United States military..."

"We are standing by, mister. Why didn't you tell me that the U.S. Military was still functioning? What's going on?" the voice from the space station seems more than a bit confused.

For Aria
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aria, if you had to guess, your transceiver is not omni-directional, but line of sight only, meaning that the other group that is trying to give coordinates likely can't hear you.

For Markis
    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as you know, the Enclave hasn't had much activity out here, that you've heard of or seen, but that doesn't really mean much, as they have spent time in hiding before. It isn't likely to be the Brotherhood as they are based out of the ruins of McConnell AFB, and it isn't likely to be the NCR because they just haven't gotten this far East yet, although small delegations to the East coast have been sent.

What to do now?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Aria

With a series of muttered growls to herself about radio waves, altitude, and some forms of math the wastelanders probably wouldn't recognize, Aria goes back to work on her new robot friend.

At least they probably aren't hearing this. I don't think I want everyone knowing where the Vault is.

Aria starts ratcheting a plate down.

Too bad I don't have lasers to mount into this thing. The internal power reactor could probably power a few dozen shots before needing to shut down to recharge... Oh! Maybe I should mount that sword I found! No, too unwieldy... And it wouldn't have anyway to reload a rifle or shotgun. Too much action. Maybe a pistol with an extended magazine.... Give it twenty shots maybe before it was useless... Hmm...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #64

Markis

*Keying the mic, he thinks of a way to phrase it, but finally just blurts out.*
    "Because I didn't know. No one did. Not exactly like they've been doing much for people out here. Station, you have your choice - land where you want, but we'll be there to meet you either way."

*Standing, he adjusts his rifle on his back and turns to look at the others.*
    "Don't rightly know what to do now. We can do all that we can, and if they show up and the military takes over, so be it. We tried. I didn't even know there was anything of the military left. At the very least it should be interesting."

*Heading over to the stables, Markis fetches the old Brahmin he'd aquired and takes the lead.*
    "Aria, if you can work while you ride, we might kill two birds with one stone."

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, I'm just assuming that we're going to go wherever the shuttle lands, but there wasn't any response from the supposed military, so I'm not sure what else to put.
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

"I don't know who this other voice is, but it sure ain't no United States Army, unless they're ghosts, or friggin zombies, heh. Andif you ask me, it sounds like a trap. You know, like when them raiders get someone on the road asking for help and its actually just an ambush?"

6. - Top - End - #66

Markis

"Yeah, it sounds like a trap to me too, but who knows? It could be the military. Hell. It could be zombies. Well, ghouls, but they've been around long enough, and if some of 'em had rank in the military, maybe they're trying to rebuild. I don't know, but I intend to find out. I wouldn't leave unarmed people to the mercy of raiders, I'm not going to leave a whole lot of them to the mercies of whomever this is."
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

7. - Top - End - #67

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

"Perhaps if we give them our identification, they will ask the third party theirs."
    My Characters

Alaniel (Retired) Bob "O-Matic" Kern (Fallout) Hanzi Ivarisky (Giantslayer)

Games I'm running
    Runelords

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Aria

Aria had already gone back to work on her robot. As Markis asks if she can work on the Brahmin, Aria is startled from the robot.

Wha? Huh? Oh, yeah, probably. Can it stand the weight?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

"Look, buddy. Don't kid yourself. If there are any 'armies' around its either NCR, which I really don't think you'll find this far east of Hoover. Or Ceaser's boys, which you folk said that are actually around. On the the other hand, its just some joker on a radio just like ours who's seeing easy game"

"Anyway, just tell them not to trust no-one and yeah, we should check that out, I'm with you on that one"

10. - Top - End - #70

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the late post. My parents have garbage Internet and this message has now been rewritten 5 times.

Anton looks at all of you as you speak.

"Well, I would suggest meeting them anywhere but those coordinates. I have a feeling about those folks, and isn't good."

Turning to Markis: "I'd suggest packing for a fight. That said, I have some options. You all can walk. You can skip roads and cut across areas; it takes longer, but it will be quieter. Other option is to take some old motorbikes I had restored. Pretty easy to ride. Loud as all hell, though. Will attract attention. What do you all want to do?"

The radio crackles to life, "Well, I tell you both what. How about we set down elsewhere, like here at..." she gives coordinates at a spot marked "Colonel Jabarra Airport."

The harsh male voice comes back.

"The coordinates you provided are acceptable. We will be waiting there for your arrival."

You now hear a strange kind of interference on the radio.

Intelligence checks for everyone!
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

11. - Top - End - #71

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

"I suppose if there's fighting to be done, I'd prefer to be the first ones there. I'm not a bad shot, but not the best, and like any advantage I can get. Anyone been there before?"

Spoiler: Check for Interference
    Show

Straight intelligence check: (1d20+3)[20] If related to physical sciences, add 3 for appropriate knowledge check.
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

"I don't know how to break it for ya, fellas", the heavy-set man said, scratching at the back of his neck, "I know getting there as fast as we can is important and all, but I kinda never rode a bike 'fore in my life. Hell! I don't think I ever seen a working one, just them broken wrecks!"

He looked at the radio, funny the sounds those things made.

Spoiler: Intelligence Roll
    Show

(1d20+4)[24]

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Aria

A bike? We didn't have those in the Vault. I don't know how to ride of those. But if any of you do, I could always just ride with you.

Aria then pursed her lips in thought, the screwdriver scratching her head again.

I could also probably rig some kind of a wagon or a seat or something to the side. You know, so you boys can still use your guns? OOh, that would be just like those action vids! I mean, I'm pretty sure I paid enough attention to them to make one right. How hard can it be?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #74

Markis

"Bikes?"

*Markis looks obviously surprised, but recovers quickly*
    "That'd get us there in a hurry, and would give us a chance at a getaway if needed. It's been a long time, and I'm not sure I could handle one. Are there any regulators that could manage them, and the rest of us ride second seat?"

*Looking at the map, Markis notes the location of the ancient airport.*
    "Never been there before. You know anything about that old place?"

*Double checking his guns, Markis is obviously ready for a fight.*
    "Anyone short on arms or ammo? Now would be the time to load up."

"How... hard...? that just sounds dangerous."
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

15. - Top - End - #75

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry all. Just got back into town an hour ago. We seem to be missing omni's post, but I think we can proceed.

As Anton and Heathers by show those of you who haven't ridden a bike before how to do so, you all notice Yarborough seeming to listen VERY intently to the radio.

For Yarborough
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear the unmistakable sound of Morse Code, tapping out this repeating message:

We do not trust US Military Remnant - Stop - We will have first wave land at original coordinates - Stop - See you there - Stop -

What do you all do?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

"Wait wait wait...", the man started tapping his large hand in tune to the seemingly rhythmic 'interference', "Hey, I think they're trying to tell us something, an old buddy of mine in the Followers once told me about this once; its like some sorta code that involved... er, dits and dahs or something, here let me see..."

Going to a patch of dirt, he etched the message down to a T, "Now if I remember this here right; these ought to be all letters, since numbers are longer and... those are S's, those are O's, those are the easy ones, heh. As for the rest, give me... give me a sec"

The man surprised even himself as he somehow managed to remember enough Morse Code to translate the message.

"Right, we get: "We do not trust US Military Remnant - Stop - We will have first wave land at original coordinates - Stop - See you there - Stop -" Hey! Looks like they got some good sense after all! On the other hand, if a sap like me can read this message, maybe them other folks can"

17. - Top - End - #77

SwashbucklerGuy

Declan

Declan chose not to participate in the conversation about the army as he already said what he needed to and chose to wait instead. When they started to talk about tactics though he agreed "we might as well take the bikes if there are enough. If you're scared of being found out because of the noise, you should be even more worried about all those other people looking up to the sky and realizing it may be a big payday for them" and Declan did know a lot of people which would be interested in that little tidbit of information.
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2015-06-04 at 07:21 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Markis

*As the group gets a quick breakdown of the bikes, Markis watches Yarborough listening to the static, wondering what the man was doing. As he breaks down the message, Markis can't help but let out a roaring laugh, his head tilted up to the sky.*

"You've got to be kidding me! Yarborough, you brilliant snake, you're hired!"

"Alright - that simplifies things. Lets hope that whoever it is claiming to be the military didn't catch that, but even if they did, we're meeting on neutral ground now. Between the vault and the bikes, we've got some options. I say we go for it. We can't do anything about people seeing the craft, all we can do is hope that it doesn't draw every raider within sight distance. Well. Those that are left. After the last few days, their numbers are thinning."
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

19. - Top - End - #79

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

"I guess my original question still stands then. Has anyone been to that spot before? We need to know the lay of the land so we can prepare a proper defense for these people."
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

20. - Top - End - #80

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good day, folks! Sorry the post is later in the day, but here it is.

Anton realizes that most of you aren't from the area, and sends Cyril, the regulator that Markis and Aria helped rescue previously, with you as a guide, although once you are there, he will come back to ensure that the town isn't short of defenders.

Once everyone is comfortable enough with their bikes, you prepare to head off with Cyril. Lana, on crutches, has come out to coordinate with the Heathersby and the rest of the Regulators on watches and patrols, including making sure that the Vault is taken care of. Anton promises Aria that he will watch the partially constructed project she is working on is safe, and has several of his aids tow it gently into his personal workshop by the hydro power plant.

You all head out on what feels like the hottest and driest day you have ever seen in these parts.

I need spot checks and listen checks, although the listen checks are going to be at a -10 penalty due to the noise of the bikes.

For Aria
    Spoiler
    Show
    It will take you 48 hours to create your Mr. Handy robot. I can't seem to find it, but did you roll the craft DC? I was sure you did and you succeeded, but I can't seem to find it...
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Aria

Screwdriver in one hand, wrench in the other, Aria looks around the group.

So, is that a yes or a no the sidecar thing?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #82

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    For those of you who have not seen it in the OOC thread, I have a question (please answer in the OOC thread): how is the pacing? Am I on track or do I need to pick it up?

Anton looks at Aria. "Well, that all depends on whether or not you believe you all have time. I mean, I can rig something up, but it's going to take an hour or so."

For Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have decided that I will respond to IC posts throughout the day as I am able to, but won't move on until the 24 hour(ish) mark/ the next morning. That said, this isn't my morning post. I got my last one up late, and will wait for the others.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2015-06-02 at 09:10 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

23. - Top - End - #83

Markis

"Yeah, we've been there before. Not a lot, but enough to know the general lay of the land.
    Aria - I wouldn't worry about the side car. After this is done, assuming we all live, it might be worth the effort to rig up, but I don't know that the time invested will be worth it right now. If we can get eyes on the ground, we'll be able to spot anyone coming with any luck."

*Glancing over at the wounded Lana, he smirks.*
    "You don't know how to quit. I admire that. Don't go and get yourself killed after I go so lucky keeping you alive, yeah?"

*Hopping on the ancient machine, Markis can't help but pray silently as he starts it up and revs the engine before putting it into gear. Don't blow up. Don't blow up. Oh please, don't blow up.
    As the group leaves Ark city, the massive bikes eating up ground at an astonishing pace, Markis can't help but feel a rush of exhilaration. Despite the clouds of dust swirling in the air and the oppressive heat, the wind whipping in his face keeps him cool, and stings just enough to remind him that he's still alive.*

*His heart racing, he can't help but laugh at the sheer power of the machines, at the freedom they grant - it was no wonder people used them before the War. It was as good as any drug he'd ever taken, the heavy thrum of the engine underneath him, and the danger of the speeding ground below. Shouting out to the others, he can't help but smile, knowing that the heavy sand would likely be in his teeth for days.*
    "When this is over, I want one!"
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Aria

Aria hangs onto the bike for dear life. She isn't sure whose idea it was for each of them to take one, but she is sure she is going to fall over.

I don't think I like this! But maybe if I added another wheel to the rear, give it a stable three wheel configuration... And something in the front to keep the dirt and sand from whipping my face... Oh! And a font mounted gun! Yes. Something like that would be ideal...

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yarborough

Yarborough as well wasn't in a much different position than his compatriots as they rode along, a silent grimace in his face as they went on showed that he was more of the slow and steady variety. But he had to admit they were making good time, now if only this contraption doesn't catch a rock and roll over...

Spoiler: Spot and Listen Rolls
    Show
    Spot:
    (1d20+6)[7]
    Listen:
    (1d20+1)[17]

26. - Top - End - #86

SwashbucklerGuy

It was the first time Declan was riding a bike for real since bikes with his old group was reserved for the more important individual. That didn't stop him from enjoying the ride though when he haphazardly raised his arms to the wind and yelled unintelligibly to the heavens on occasion.

27. - Top - End - #87

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

Bob mostly enjoyed finally having a place to set his toolbox down, but the bike was quite a marvelous device. "I hope I have time to inspect and draw the workings later."

His eyes seemed to focus on the area around them, looking for obvious choke points, cover, and high ground. He didn't expect much of the latter, but anything would be better than nothing.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Spot
    (1d20)[18]
    Listen
    (1d20)[20]
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

28. - Top - End - #88

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, it looks like we are good to go, and yes, the coordinates are for the point near the vault. Also, I am assuming you brought the portable radio with you...Also: Yes, I am borrowing part of the plot for "The 100," but this scene, some of the history, and likely some names will be the only things that those of you familiar with the show will recognize. FYI.

You all tear off towards the Vault, and as you are heading there:

For Yarborough
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear, what sounds like, Vertibird engines, but you can't spot the source.

For O'Matic and Markis
    Spoiler
    Show
    You spot the following thing flying in the direction of where the Colonel Jabarra Airport is from what is supposedly the radioactive ruins of what was once McConnell Air Force Base.

For Aria
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see nothing much more than and you don't hear much more than the loud roar of the engines.

After travelling for about 20 minutes or so, you come to the spot. Cyril nods to you all when the bikes are shut down. "I'm going to head to our outpost and then to the Vault to get folks prepared. The least we can do is have them barricade things down there in case there's trouble. I'll be back in a few." He kick-starts the bike and roars away.

After a few minutes more, the radio crackles to life:

"Station preparing for our arrival. Our drop-ship has broken contact with the Ark. You should see them shortly. If I were you, I would consider not being directly underneath when they land, which will be in about 2 minutes. In fact...make it a good 1000 yards..."

Realizing what is coming, you all get back on you bikes (or as Aria calls them, "Wheeled Death-traps") and put yourselves back some distance from the field. On cue, you see a large trail of smoke coming from the horizon, and angles towards your sight. A large parachute opens and you see this:

Spoiler
    Show

It descends downward and lands, ironically, in one of the only large clumps of trees around. As you approach, you see the door to the three-story dropship open.

The entirety of those coming out are adolescents and children, and if you'd have to guess, they are between the ages of 12 and 17. None of them appear to be armed or armored.

What do you do?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

29. - Top - End - #89

SwashbucklerGuy

O-Matic

Bob quickly gets out his sketchpad and makes a quick sketch of what he saw for Aria or the others to identify. They would see glimpses of other pages that look like they have technical drawings on them, and a few pages with various small portraits on them. "I saw this contraption flying to the South of us, probably near that second group of coordinates. My guess is from that vantage, any beings inside it could have seen this spot and might turn to come this way. If they do, I figure we have minutes to prepare, not hours. How close is the vault? We need to get these children to safety, and possibly establish a firepoint, now that we have some bait." He pauses. "I'm talking about the tech inside the lander!" Bob sighs at anyone thinking he means differently.

Bob looks around again for any high ground or cover that would have a good view of the lander's open hatch.

Spoiler: Craft Visual Art
    Show
    Take 10 for a 20.
    Last edited by Shadowsend; 2015-06-03 at 07:28 PM.
    My Characters

Games I'm running
    Runelords

30. - Top - End - #90

Markis

*Bringing the brutally rough machine of furious speed and death to a slow crawl, Markis scans the horizon and spots something in the distance. Quickly shifting his pack onto the ground, he pulls out his binoculars and tries to get a better look at the craft before turning toward the landing site, firing the bike up.*

"If those are the 'military' that we just gave the slip, they're not going to wait long to come this way. If we're lucky, the trees might give us a little cover. "

*Bringing the motorcycle slowly to the edge of the ring of trees, Markis turns it off and climbs off, holding his hands out in plain view, speaking to the rest of the band before addressing the youth.*
    "Hey.. is it just me, or does that look like an awefully young bunch of people? I don't think a one of them is old enough to drink. Anyone want to volunteer to be the welcoming party?"

*If no one does, Markis will just smile and shrug, walking forward slowly.*
    "Welcome... home, I suppose. I don't have a lot of time to explain, but I hope you kids are up for a bit of a jog. The vault isn't far away, but we might have company soon. Who was assigned to speak for you?"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Alright, so I'll make another spot check with the binoculars, thought I'm not sure what the modifiers would be.
    I think you get a -1 for every 50 feet, instead of 10, but it takes five times longer to make the check.

(1d20+11)[15]

And I'll make a knowledge, Technology check to identify it, since I think it's a vertibird, but it's always better to see what Markis knows.

(1d20+9)[11]

Last edited by TheMightyQuinn; 2015-06-04 at 05:22 PM.
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.