New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Regulars as Elder Evils!

Now that we are off topic for a moment, what's a Jr. Tormlet and what do I do?

On topic: Consider me for permapermission as well (retrocatively for any form of translation into deity, elder evil, feat or what have you). I like attention and I welcome any and all attempts to give it to me.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Please understand that permapermission works on a "does Snowbluff remember who is on this list?" basis. :p
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Oh no, Snowbluff...
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Now that we are off topic for a moment, what's a Jr. Tormlet and what do I do?
    I would say "uphold justice in the forums", but that's a mod's job. So I'll go with, "As an ordained Jr. Tormlet you must keep the following tenets: be an active member of the community, be friendly/helpful to those in need, and give your best in all that you do!

The Paladin has spoken! <insert strange wiggly music with occasional thunder crashes>

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Please understand that permapermission works on a "does Snowbluff remember who is on this list?" basis. :p
    Agreed here. I'm pretty much incapable of remembering to perma-permission Threadnaught even...
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

For Psybomb

Psybomb the Mindblighter

The Far Realm is a place known to be full of wild, untamed madness. It is a place utterly inimical to life in our universe, and it tears apart souls as easily as one might tear apart a sheet of parchment. Deep within the Far Realm there lies a... consciousness, this consciousness is perfectly and fully aware of every other mind in the universe. It perceives their loneliness, their separation from each other, and it feels the echoes of their pain across the multiverse. And it only wishes to help.

Goals:

The mindblighter seeks to dominate all individual thought and bring all sentient beings under its control. It spreads through minds like a virus, infecting entire planes and eventually drawing the psychic energy of life out of their fragile bodies to join in its ever growing collective.

Sign:
    The Gestalting
    People grow more understanding of each other, they form stronger bonds and eventually gain the ability to communicate thoughts with each other, until finally all minds fuze into one being.

Effects:
    Faint: Diplomacy, Linguistics and Sense Motive checks gain a +5 bonus. Creatures can be more easily influenced by communication, each time a diplomacy check is attempted to improve a creatures attitude, there is a 20% chance that the attitude improves by one additional step.
    Moderate: All sentient creatures gain tongues as a constant spell like ability. Barriers to communication fall away, and all creatures begin one step friendlier on the diplomacy chart
    Strong: All creatures gain telepathy with all other creatures on the plane, forming a collective with each other as the Tactician class ability (except there is no upper limit to the number of creatures that may join the collective). Creatures may resist this effect with a DC 20 Will Save every 24 hours. Any creature that fails this save is confused for 1 hour as the mass of voices of every living creature invades their head all at once, after this they are staggered for 1 day as they adjust to the collective. A creature that joins the collective may attempt a new save every 24 hours to try and leave the collective.
    Overwhelming: All creatures in the collective share a complete fusing of the and body, finally forming the Gestalt Entity Psybomb. The save DC to resist joining the collective increases to 30. Creatures that fail this save must succeed on a DC 30 Fortitude save or take 1d6 points of Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma Damage each hour they remain part of the collective. Creatures that are reduced to 0 Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma die and their minds fuse with Psybomb the Mindblighter.

Malefic Property:
    In addition to the normal malefic property common to all Elder Evils, Psybomb has the Many Minds, One Body Malefic Property.

Many Minds, One Body: Psybomb may call upon the powers of all of its collective minds to perform nearly any ability. It knows all spells, powers, maneuvers and veils, and may use each of these spells, powers, maneuvers or veils once per day as a spell-like ability. Veils shaped by Psybomb are automatically bound to whichever slot the Elder Evil wishes, and are considered to have their maximum amount of essence allowed by Psybomb's HD.

Traits/Tactics/Etc
    Psybomb the Mindblighter makes liberal use of its many spell and psi like abilities, although it prefers to disable and debilitate rather than kill. Psybomb's goal is not destruction, but subjugation and assimilation, and it believes the loss of life is a waste, so Psybomb will often use its spell like abilities to resurrect dead foes in order to try and bring them into its collective. Psybomb is always willing to try and negotiate or play for time, knowing that eventually it will wear down any opposition.

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    No longer shall you wait.

The Bladed Lord

The Bladed Lord only wants one thing. War.

Long ago, before the pact primeval, Garagos the lord of war was on the battlefront against the demons. Garagos fought night and day, but the demon's numbers had not thinned.

So Garagos hatched a brilliant plan and under the supervision of Tempus, he created a duplicate of himself. This was the Bladed Lord.

With their combined might, the young god and his double were able to make a significant dent in the demon army. Together, they prospered for many years as brothers in arms.

However, once the battle was over, they were forced to sit idly and Garagos was made the god of war. This made the Bladed Lord angry, who was he if not his "brother's" equal?

This is when the newly appointed lord of Nessus came to him. Offering him power and infinite battles. The Bladed Lord could not resist, he left the plane that he had so long protected and ventured to Baator, where he was always free to do battle with the Abyss.

As years went by, he slowly became tainted and mad. He lived for war and could not be sated without it. In a fit of rage, he challenged Garagos for his seat as the god of war and was defeated, if only by a hair.

The gods banished him to the far reaches of the plane for his treachery. Even more deeply maddened, the Bladed Lord now seeks the creation of war wherever he is present.

Goal

The Bladed Lord seeks to create a never ending war.

Sign

Battle Lines
    Peace is an unreasonable idea.

Effects

Faint:
    All will have war! All creatures enjoy a +1 enhancement bonus to both their attack and damage rolls. All creatures suffer a -2 to their caster level when calculating damage.

Moderate:
    Let the anger fill your mind! Upon suffering any damage, a creature must make a will save of 10 + the damage they received or enter a rage as a barbarian of their current level would. The enhancement bonus to attack and damage is increased to +2 and the caster penalty is increased to -4.

Strong:
    It will rain blood! All creatures are now compelled to do battle, the leaders of the world must all make a daily save of DC 10 + their charisma modifier + their highest commanding officer's base attack bonus. If they fail, they must issue the command to go to war with the nearest country. The enhancement bonus to attack and damage is increased to +3 and the caster penalty is increased to -6.

Overwhelming:
    War is at hand! Upon taking damage, a creature must now also make a save of 10 + their strength modifier + the damage they took or enter a deathless frenzy equivalent to a 10th level Frenzied Berserker. The enhancement bonus to attack and damage is increased to +4 and the caster penalty is increased to -8.

Malefic Property

In addition to the normal malefic properties common to all Elder Evils, The Bladed Lord also has the Warlord's Command.

Warlord's Command:
    Any creature that hears the Bladed Lord speak, must make a will save with a DC of 10 + the Bladed Lord's charisma modifier + 1/2 the Bladed Lord's HD or become obsessed with a goal of world domination at any cost.

Traits/Tactics/Etc

The Bladed Lord will not manifest until his strong sign has appeared, at which point the sky will become a dark red and the monsters of the world will become twisted versions of themselves.

Upon the manifestation of the Bladed Lord's overwhelming sign, all monsters begin to seek out the nearest kingdom or largest military establishment and serve as infantry or war mounts for the coming war.

The Bladed Lord is content to watch the world rip itself apart. The armies filled with creatures in a deathless frenzy are more than enough to sate his gullet for war. That is, until they've all died. Then he will begin to seek a new planet to destroy with war. As if his thirst for blood had not been quenched at all.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-21 at 10:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    No longer shall you wait.

The Bladed Lord
    Yup. That's me. Tack on a bit of fluff about being made out of swords like Emiya Shirou and it's perfect.

8. - Top - End - #248

Yup. That's me.
    I am pleased that you like it.

Tack on a bit of fluff about being made out of swords like Emiya Shirou and it's perfect.
    Does this count?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

A lot of great elder evils thus far. I'd make a few for people, but brewing EEs is a weakness of mine.

Seeing these though, makes me glad Im not updating the Elder Evil Epigone though. Too much work with more and more EEs being created. Though maybe a Pathfinder Update eventually? I'll think about it.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I am pleased that you like it.

Does this count?
    That's a pretty cool pic, but still not enough choppa. It's like Dakka, but with swords.

11. - Top - End - #251

That's a pretty cool pic, but still not enough choppa. It's like Dakka, but with swords.
    That's Garagos (technically Targus), the person who duplicated himself. Haha.

I just noticed this, but all of these Elder Evils tend to screw over the Abyss. That place is never getting a break. Which is exactly how it should be.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-21 at 11:32 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Like I said, needs more sword

That guy's a chump. I could totally take him. Also, somebody remind me to finish my worldbuilding project at some point.

13. - Top - End - #253

Like I said, needs more sword

That guy's a chump. I could totally take him.
    I guess I hit the nail on the head with that EE... haha.

Also, somebody remind me to finish my worldbuilding project at some point.
    Can do!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

That's Garagos (technically Targus), the person who duplicated himself. Haha.

I just noticed this, but all of these Elder Evils tend to screw over the Abyss. That place is never getting a break. Which is exactly how it should be.
    Hey not all. Vael is trying to make it bigger, and Red Fel is creating evil for the sake of creating evil... which helps the Abyss... and Xaos Phoenix destroys law and creates Mad Max style wastelands encouraging Chaotic Evil which helps the Abyss.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Illius will fill the world with insanity, which favors Chaos over Law. I'd say that helps the Abyss more.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

And Fel is trying to utterly consume the other planes and reawaken his body, which is Baator, Abaddon, and the Abyss combined, so that's a thing.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

17. - Top - End - #257

I guess those are all true. Haha. It seems that there will be some Elder Evil conflict at some point.

Edit:
    I am currently distracted by the thought of playing a Futuristic Treasure Huntery Hollow World campaign. So in the (unlikely) event that I go missing for a while, please come look for me under the pile of internet articles I have dug up.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-21 at 12:05 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

I would say "uphold justice in the forums", but that's a mod's job. So I'll go with, "As an ordained Jr. Tormlet you must keep the following tenets: be an active member of the community, be friendly/helpful to those in need, and give your best in all that you do!

The Paladin has spoken! <insert strange wiggly music with occasional thunder crashes>
    I can do that...

Agreed here. I'm pretty much incapable of remembering to perma-permission Threadnaught even...
    hence the reason we developed language and increasingly easy ways to record it.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

19. - Top - End - #259

I can do that...
    Do me proud Jr. Tormlet Socratov!

hence the reason we developed language and increasingly easy ways to record it.
    Unfortunately I only speak Common & Celestial. So anyone who requests perma-permission in English is out of luck...

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

For Psybomb

Psybomb the Mindblighter
    ooooo, me likey. I could imagine just how awesome that would be... up until you hit Overwhelming sign. At Strong, one Vitalist could keep the WORLD healthy and vigorous, just by cutting a few people (ok, maybe a LOT of people, but still) and redirecting their natural healing. And the Harmonic Resonance feat would be freaking INTENSE.

I have one for you MOSTLY finished, named "The Thousand Blades", I've just been remarkably busy recently and haven't finished. You'll join the elite double-Evil crew soon

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    ooooo, me likey. I could imagine just how awesome that would be... up until you hit Overwhelming sign. At Strong, one Vitalist could keep the WORLD healthy and vigorous, just by cutting a few people (ok, maybe a LOT of people, but still) and redirecting their natural healing. And the Harmonic Resonance feat would be freaking INTENSE.

I have one for you MOSTLY finished, named "The Thousand Blades", I've just been remarkably busy recently and haven't finished. You'll join the elite double-Evil crew soon
    Yeah. Well I like my Elder Evils to actually be a challenge. It'd be interesting to see someone try and fight what is essentially a TO wizard in a real game.

EDIT: I am excited to join the elite club of dudes who were awesome enough to get two Elder Evils. I'm gonna make them fight each other to see who's stronger

22. - Top - End - #262

EDIT: I am excited to join the elite club of dudes who were awesome enough to get two Elder Evils. I'm gonna make them fight each other to see who's stronger
    Then you can be double evil like me. Which makes literally non sense... but hey, it's a thing.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Then you can be double evil like me. Which makes literally non sense... but hey, it's a thing.
    By that logic I must be very good. I've got a badge and all that, but no evil stuff in which I was used. Only other people have attested to my wicked ways...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

24. - Top - End - #264
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Mine isn't even a physical entity. It's a discordant virus-song that gets stuck in your head so you go crazy.

On the upside, at least the Seeker of the Song PrC has a BBEG they can fight against.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

25. - Top - End - #265

By that logic I must be very good. I've got a badge and all that, but no evil stuff in which I was used. Only other people have attested to my wicked ways...
    We here at the Department of Paladins like to think that once you obtain a Jr. Tormlet Badge you're turning over a new leaf and starting a new chapter in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    On the upside, at least the Seeker of the Song PrC has a BBEG they can fight against.
    Actually, that's a pretty cool way to look at it. I want a prestige class for The Paladin Most Loyal.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Actually, that's a pretty cool way to look at it. I want a prestige class for The Paladin Most Loyal.
    Well, just remind me when gitp as PrCs comes up.

27. - Top - End - #267

Well, just remind me when gitp as PrCs comes up.
    Oh man. That'll be when everybody is ready for some hardcore commitment.

Also, my phone just reminded me that I am supposed to do this:
    Also, somebody remind me to finish my worldbuilding project at some point.
    I set it for 3:00pm PST.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-21 at 05:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

We here at the Department of Paladins like to think that once you obtain a Jr. Tormlet Badge you're turning over a new leaf and starting a new chapter in your life.

besides, what's a little rules bending between rules-lawyers
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

29. - Top - End - #269

besides, what's a little rules bending between rules-lawyers
    Well, I don't bend the rules. But if I don't make my spot/listen check, how am I supposed to correct you?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Bad timing LP. I'm at my weekly pathfinder game right now. I'll try and get to it tomorrow, but thanks for the reminder.